01x01 - Pilot

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Arrow". Aired October 2012 - January 2020*
Watch on Amazon Merchandise Collectibles

Spoiled billionaire playboy Oliver Queen is missing and presumed dead when his yacht is lost at sea. He returns five years later a changed man, determined to clean up the city as a hooded vigilante armed with a bow.

01x01 - Pilot

Post by bunniefuu »

A man breathes heavily whilst running through the forest. He climbs a cliff wall and sees a fishing boat in the distance. He continues to run and jumps down to the ground below. He reaches what seems to be his campsite; he sets his bow and arrow and fires a flaming arrow into a pile of sticks creating an expl*si*n and alerting the native fisherman to the island.

Native Fishermen: [speaking mandarin]

Man (V.O.): The name of the island they found me on is Lian Yu. It's mandarin for "purgatory". I've been stranded here for 5 years. I've dreamt of my rescue every cold black night since then. For 5 years, I have had only one thought, one goal... survive... (man removes his hood and shows his face) survive and one day return home. [Fishing Boat] (one of the fishermen hands the man water to drink) The island held many dangers. To live, I had to make myself more than what I was, to forge myself into a w*apon. I am returning not the boy who was shipwrecked but the man who will bring justice to those who have poisoned my city. My name is Oliver Queen.

[Starling City]

Television Anchorman: Oliver Queen is alive. The Starling City resident was found by fishermen in the North China sea 5 days ago, 5 years after he was missing and presumed dead following the accident at sea which claimed "The Queen's Gambit." Queen was a regular tabloid presence and a fixture at the Starling City club scene. Shortly before his disappearance, he was acquitted of as*ault charges stemming from a highly publicized drunken altercation with paparazzi. Queen is the son of Starling City billionaire Robert Queen, who was also on board but now officially confirmed as deceased.

[Starling City Hospital] - Oliver Queen (now shaven) looks out the hospital room window emotionless whilst the Doctor talks outside the room.

Doctor: 20% of his body is covered in scar tissue. Second-degree burns on his back and arms. X-rays show at least 12 fractures that never properly healed. (Camera pans to show a woman observing Oliver outside the room)

Woman: Has he said anything about what happened?

Doctor: No. He's barely said anything. (The woman looks back to Oliver) Moira, I'd like you to prepare yourself. The Oliver you lost...might not be the one they found. (The woman opens door and goes inside)

Moira Queen: Oliver. (Oliver turns around)

Oliver: Mom. (They walk towards each other)

Moira: Oh... (on the precipice of tears) my beautiful boy. (They hug)

[Queen Mansion] - A black sedan pulls up to the house. The trunk opens and the driver reaches for the wooden suitcase but Oliver stops him

Oliver: I've got it. (Moira and Oliver enter the house)

Moira: Your room is exactly as you left it. I never had the heart to change a thing.

Man: Oliver. It's damn good to see you. (Oliver looks at him) It's Walter... (they shake hands) Walter Steele.

Moira: You remember Walter, your father's friend from the company. (Oliver walks past her to the maid)

Oliver: It's good to see you, Raisa.

Raisa: Welcome home, Mr. Oliver. Mr. Merlyn phoned. He wants to join you for dinner.

Moira: Wonderful. (A door opens and closes) Oliver? (Oliver walks toward the staircase) Did you hear that?

Oliver: Hey, sis.

Thea Queen: I knew it. I knew you were alive. (She hugs him) I missed you so much.

Oliver: You were with me the whole time.

[CNRI Office] - Two women have a conversation whilst one checks the mail.

Johanna De La Vega: Come on, Laurel. We're lawyers, not miracle workers. We can't win this.

Laurel Lance: If we can't win a class-action suit against a man who swindled hundreds of people out of their homes and life savings, then we're not fit to call ourselves a legal aid office.

Woman: And if we go bankrupt in the process, we won't be a legal aid office. Hunt has an army of lawyers, and they're ready to bury us.

Laurel: You and I against an army. I love those odds.

Johanna: Why do you hate me?

Laurel: [She scoffs] (She sits down and stares at a board with pinned newspaper clippings and photos of ADAM HUNT. The TV is heard in the distance)

Television Anchorman : And in other news, details as to the castaway story you've all heard about...the son of a very wealthy billionaire will soon become a legendary story. Jessica now has more details and the complete castaway story. (Laurel turns her attention from the board to the TV)

Jessica: "The Queen's Gambit" was last heard from more than 5 years ago. Mr. Queen has reportedly confirmed he was the only survivor of the accident that took the lives of 7 people, including local resident Sarah Lance. Survived by her sister, Laurel... (Laurel walks to the TV turns it off and everyone looks at her; she drops the remote on the table and proceeds to walk away)

[Queen Mansion - Oliver's Bedroom]

Oliver (V.O.): After 5 years, everything that was once familiar is now unrecognizable. The face I see in the mirror is a stranger. (Oliver looks at himself and at his scars. His Arrow persona flashes on screen as thunder strikes)

[Flashback] Queen's Gambit – 5 Years Ago. Robert Queen stares at the ship radar whilst a man emerges from outside soaking wet.

Crew Member: The storm's a category 2. The captain's recommending we head back.

Robert Queen: All right. Inform the crew.

Oliver: Are we in trouble?

Robert: One of us is. (Sarah Lance approaches from one of the cabins)

Sarah: Ollie? Where do you keep the bottle opener on this thing?

Oliver: I'll be there in a minute, Sarah.

Robert: [Sighs] You know, son, that is not going to finish well for either of them or for you.

[Present Day] – Oliver is fully-dressed and staring at a photo of him and his father. [Front door opens]

Tommy Merlyn: What did I tell you? Yachts suck. [Chuckles]

Oliver: Tommy Merlyn. [They hug]

Tommy: I missed you, buddy.

[Dinning Room] (Everyone is seated in the dining room for dinner)

Tommy: Ok. What else did you miss? Super bowl winners... Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Giants again. A black president, that's new. Oh, and "Lost," they were all dead...I think.

Thea: What was it like there? (The table goes quiet and tension fills the room)

Oliver: Cold.

Tommy: Tomorrow, you and me, we're doing the city. You've got a lot to catch up on.

Moira: That sounds like a great idea.

Oliver: Good. Then I was hoping to swing by the office.

Walter: (About to take a sip from his wine stops) Well, there's plenty of time for all that. Queen Consolidated isn't going anywhere.

Raisa comes to set a bowl of pears on the table. She trips but Oliver catches her and restores her balance.

Raisa: Oh, I am so sorry, Mr. Oliver.

Oliver: [Speaks Russian] It's no worry. (Tommy looks at him) (Raisa is equally stunned)

Tommy: Dude, you speak Russian?

Walter: I didn't realize you took Russian at college, Oliver.

Oliver: I didn't realize you wanted to sleep with my mother, Walter. (Silence fills the room and the tension returns. Moira looks at Oliver then at Thea)

Thea: I didn't say anything.

Oliver: She didn't have to. (Moira nods in acknowledgement)

Moira: Oliver...Walter and I are married, and I don't want you to think that either one of us did anything to disrespect your father.

Walter: We both believed that Robert, like you, was, uh, well, gone.

Oliver: (Visibly pained) It's fine. (Oliver gets up) May I be excused? (Moira nods)

Tommy: Hey, don't forget about tomorrow, buddy. (Oliver leaves)

[Oliver's Bedroom] – It's raining heavily, the window is open and Oliver is seen lying on his bedroom floor asleep by the window soaking wet.

[Flashback] Queen's Gambit – 5 Years Ago

Sarah: 1, 2, 3. It's getting closer.

Oliver: That's not very scientific.

Sarah: What would you know about science, Mr. Ivy League dropout?

Oliver: I happen to know a lot about science. I know about fermentation. I know biology. (He kisses her)

Sarah: Laurel's gonna k*ll me. Oh, she's so gonna k*ll me.

Oliver: Your sister will never know. Come here. (throws her on the bed)

Sarah: Ha Ha ha! [Thunder] Ok, that one was really close.

Oliver: Sarah, we're gonna be fine. (He kisses her)

(The champagne glasses tilt and suddenly the cabin flips and they're thrown to opposite sides of the room. [Sarah screams] Oliver regains his balance and looks up to find Sarah only to see her ripped away by the ocean.)

Oliver: Sarah? (The water takes her away and she screams) Sarah!

(Oliver now in the ocean himself screams for Sarah)

Oliver: Sarah!

Crew Member: Oliver!

Oliver: Sarah!

Crew Member: Oliver! (Oliver looks over and swims to the crew member on the lifeboat)

Oliver: Gus. (He climbs aboard the lifeboat) [Coughs] No! No! (turns around to go back—Robert stops him) No! Dad, she's out there!

Robert: She's not there.

Oliver: Sarah! (he watches the yacht sink)

Robert: She's gone.

[Present Day] - Moira wakes Oliver. He wakes up in att*ck mode, flips her and puts his hand to her throat.

Moira: Oliver? Wake up. Oliver?

Walter: Oliver! (Oliver looks at Walter then down at Moira, he releases her quickly and moves back to the window horrified)

Oliver: I'm sorry. I'm so... I'm so sorry. (Walter helps Moira up)

Moira: Oh, it's ok, Oliver. It's all right, sweetheart. You're home. You're home.

[Thea's Bedroom] - A girl crushes pills into powder on Thea's desk presumably to take them before they are interrupted by Oliver.

Thea: Where did you get these?

Girl: Roxies. Thank you, daddy's ACL tear. [Knock on the door][Both girls hide the pills and the powder]

Thea: Ollie.

Oliver: No one's called me that in a while, Speedy.

Thea: Worst nickname ever.

Oliver: What, always chasing after me as a kid? I thought it fit pretty well. Maybe it still does.

Girl: See you at school, Speedy. (she leaves)

Thea: Sorry about her.

Oliver: I have something for you.

Thea: You did not come back from a deserted island with a souvenir.

Oliver: It's a Hozen and in Buddhism, it symbolizes reconnecting. I kept it in hopes that one day, it would reconnect me with you.

Tommy: A rock! That is sweet. You know, I want one of those t-shirts that says "My friend was a castaway, and all I got was this crappy shirt." [Chuckles]

Thea: Don't let him get you into too much trouble. You just got back. Take it slow. [Oliver kisses her on the check and they hug]

Tommy: Ahem. The city awaits. [In the hallway] Have you noticed how hot your sister's gotten? [Oliver gives him a stern look] Because I have not.

[Inside Tommy's Mercedes SLR]

Tommy: Your funeral blew.

Oliver: Did you get lucky?

Tommy: Fish in a barrel. They were so sad...

Oliver: No.

Tommy: And huggy.

Tommy: And I am counting on another target rich environment for your welcome home bash.

Oliver: At my what?

Tommy: You came back from the dead. This calls for a party. You tell me where and when. I'll take care of everything. And this city's gone to crap. Your dad sold his factory just in time. And why'd you want to drive through this neighborhood anyway? [Oliver looks at his father's old factory]

Oliver: No reason.

Tommy: So what'd you miss the most, steaks at the palm, drinks at the station, meaningless sex?

Oliver: Laurel.

Tommy: Everyone is happy you're alive. You want to see the one person who isn't?

[CNRI Office]

Johanna: Laurel, I just got this from Hunt's lawyers. They filed a change of venue. We are now in front of Judge Grell.

Laurel: Hunt funded Grell's re-election campaign.

Johanna: Mm-hmm.

Laurel: He's got Grell in his back-pocket.

Johanna: You know, it's fun being your friend. I get to say "I told you so" a lot.

Laurel: No. Adam Hunt is not smarter than we are.

Johanna: No, he's just richer and willing to commit multiple felonies.

Laurel: We don't need to go outside the law...

Johanna: "to find justice." Your dad's favorite jingle.

Oliver: Hello, Laurel.

[Outside CNRI Office]

Oliver: You went to law school. You said you would.

Laurel: Yeah. Everyone's proud.

Oliver: Adam Hunt's a heavy hitter. You sure you want to get in the ring with him?

Laurel: Five years and you want to talk about Adam Hunt?

Oliver: No. Not really.

Laurel: Why are you here, Ollie?

Oliver: To apologize. It was my fault. I wanted to ask you not to blame her.

Laurel: For what? Falling under your spell. How could I possibly blame her for doing the same things that I did?

Oliver: I never meant to...

Laurel: She was my sister. I couldn't be angry because she was dead. I couldn't grieve because I was so angry. That's what happens when your sister dies while screwing your boyfriend. We buried an empty coffin...because her body was at the bottom of the ocean where you left her. It should have been you.

Oliver: I know that it's too late to say this, but I'm sorry.

Laurel: Yeah, I'm sorry, too. I'd hoped that you'd rot in hell a whole lot longer than 5 years. How did you think that was gonna go, Tommy?

Tommy: About like that.

[Alleyway. Tommy and Oliver walk back to his car when suddenly they are ambushed by armed men who sh*t them with tranquilizers and Oliver sees one k*ll an innocent man]

Tommy: Ok, so we took care of that. Good call. Now we can make up for lost time. If you're not too sick of fish, I suggest we find some leggy models and eat Sushi all day. What do you say? [An van approaches them from behind] What're they doing? [armed men appear in front] What the hell?

Bystander: Hey! [One of the men sh**t him dead]

[Flashback] - Lifeboat. Gus sets up a fluorescent light above the boat. Robert gives Oliver a bottle of water to drink.

Robert: Here, son. Drink.

Gus: What the hell are you doing?! (pointing to the bottle of water) That's all we've got.

Robert: If anybody's making it out of here, it's gonna be him. I'm so sorry. I thought I'd have more time. I'm not the man you think I am. I didn't build our city. I failed it. And I wasn't the only one.

[Present Day] - Desolate warehouse

Kidnapper: Mr. Queen. (The hood is yanked of Oliver's head) Mr. Queen! Did your father survive that accident? I ask the questions. You give me the answers. (tasers him) Did he make it to the island? Did he tell you anything? (tasers him)

Oliver: Yes, he did.

Kidnapper: What did he tell you, Mr. Queen? (Oliver looks at Tommy unconscious on the floor. Also zip-tied)

Oliver: He told me I'm gonna k*ll you.

Kidnapper: [laughs] You're delusional. You're zip-cuffed to that chair.

Oliver: (shows his hands) Not anymore.

(The first kidnapper att*cks Oliver, Oliver meanwhile dodges his att*ck and knocks him out the his chair. He disarms the second kidnapper and uses him as a human shield. The third kidnapper makes a run for it but Oliver apprehends him and kills him)

Oliver: You k*lled that man.

Kidnapper 3: You don't have to do this.

Oliver: Yes, I do. Nobody can know my secret. [He breaks his neck–k*lling him]

[Queen Mansion] - Living Room

Detective Lance: So that's your story. A guy in a green hood flew in and single-handedly took out 3 armed kidnappers. I mean, who is he? Why would he do that?

Oliver: I don't know. Find him and you can ask.

Detective Lance: Yeah. What about you? (shows him the sketch) You see the hood guy?

Tommy: I saw... just movement. Everything blurry. I was kind of out of it.

Detective Lance: Yeah. It's funny, isn't it? One day back, and already somebody's gunning for you. Aren't you popular?

Moira: Were you able to identify the men?

Detective Hilton: Scrubbed identities, untraceable weapons. These were pros.

Detective Lance: Yeah. Well, they probably figured you'd pay a king's ransom to get your boy back or a Queen's ransom, as it were. After all, a parent would do anything to keep their child safe.

Moira: I don't find your tone appropriate, Detective.

Walter: If Oliver can think of anything else, he'll be in touch. Thank you, gentlemen, for coming. [Detective Lance chuckles]

Detective Lance: Your luck never seems to run out, does it? (The detectives leave)

[Oliver's Bedroom] - Raisa enters with lunch and she and Oliver talk.

Raisa: You are different. Not like you to read a book.

Oliver: I missed you, Raisa.

Raisa: No kitchen on the island.

Oliver: No. No friends either. (He stands and walks to her) Hey. (He takes the tray from her) Thank you. (He sets the tray down) Do I really seem different?

Raisa: No. You're still a good boy.

Oliver: Oh, I think we both know I wasn't.

Raisa: But a good heart.

Oliver: I hope so. I want to be the person you always told me I could be.
[Outside the Mansion] Oliver is leaving the Mansion when Moira stops him and introduces him to his new bodyguard.

Moira: Oliver, I want to introduce you to someone... John Diggle. He'll be accompanying you from now on.

Oliver: I don't need a babysitter.

Walter: Darling, Oliver's a grown man. And if he doesn't feel he needs armed protection—

Moira: Yeah, I understand, but this is something I need.

[In the car]

Oliver: So...What do I call you?

John Diggle: Diggle's good. Dig if you want.

Oliver: You're ex-m*llitary?

Diggle: Yes, sir. 105th airborne of of Kandahar, retired. Been in the private sector a little more than 4 years now. I don't want there to be any confusion, Mr. Queen. My ability to keep you from harm will outweigh your comfort. Do we have an agreement? (No response) Sir? [The car door opens and closes][Cars honk][Diggle looks behind to find Oliver gone. He slams on the brake] Sir! [He gets out and looks behind. Oliver is gone]

[Oliver walks through the slums. He reaches his father's old factory, he throws his bags over and scales the fence. He enters the abandoned factory and brings to make lair. In a montage he trains intensively --- sharpening his skills]

Oliver (V.O.): The abduction was unexpected. It forced me to move up my plans, but what I told the police was true. The man in the green hood was there in that warehouse, and he's just beginning.

Television Anchorman: The suit alleges that Hunt committed multiple acts of fraud and theft against the city's underprivileged. Laurel Lance, an attorney for the city necessary...

Oliver (V.O.): Adam Hunt...his crimes go deeper than fraud and theft, but he's been able to bully, bribe, or k*ll anyone who's gotten into his way. He hasn't met me yet.

[Parking Lot]

Adam Hunt: You remind Grell I put him on the bench, I can take him off. I will turn him into a cautionary tale.

Man: Yes, Mr. Hunt.

Hunt: And this attorney Laurel Lance...you said she wasn't gonna be a problem anymore. I told you to fix that situation. [They stop walking. Hunt walks towards him] Why are you still here? [The man leaves]

[They resume walking to the car when the lights go out and ARROW appears taking out the guards and threatening Hunt's life]

Bodyguard 1: [Whoosh] Unh!

Bodyguard 2: [To Hunt] Get in the car! [He fires into the ceiling]

Arrow: Hey. You missed.

Bodyguard 2: Unh! [Whoosh] Unh! [Whoosh]

Hunt: [Whoosh. Car door glass smashes] Unh! [He pulled out of the car] What? What? Just... just tell me what you want.

Arrow: You're gonna transfer $40 million into Starling City bank account 1141 by 10 P.M. tomorrow night.

Hunt: Or what?

Arrow: Or I'm gonna take it, and you won't like how.

Hunt: If I see you again, you're dead!

[Hunt Multinational] - Hunt gives his statement to the police about his encounter with ARROW. He tells them to back at his office by 10PM to take "The Hooded-Guy" down.

Hunt: He was wearing a hood, a green hood, and he had a bow and arrow. [The detectives look at each other] What, you don't believe me? [He turns to pick up an object from his desk and shows them a green arrow] That maniac put two of my men in the hospital. [Detective Hilton takes the arrow]

Detective Lance: Well, thanks for your statement. We'll put out an APB on... (he looks at the arrow then back at Hunt) Robin Hood?

Hunt: Hey, pal. [He walks towards him] I'm not some grocer who got taken for his register. I go to the front of the line. Now he said he would be back here by 10 P.M. Make sure you're here first. You can coordinate with Mr. Drakon, my new head of security.

Detective Lance: All right. Well, uh, thanks for your time. [They leave]

Detective Hilton: It looks like Queen was telling the truth.

Detective Lance: Yeah. Well, there's a first time for everything. This hooded guy comes looking for trouble, he'll find it.

[Outside the Queen Mansion] Oliver is leaves to go to his party. He opens the car door to find Diggle waiting for him inside, ready to accompany him to the party.

Diggle: Put on your seat belt, sir. Wouldn't want you to miss your party. [Oliver gets in and smiles in disbelief]

[Oliver's Welcome Home Party]. Oliver arrives at the party. As he descends the stairs he brings out his phone and checks his timer: 9.07PM (53 mins left for Adam Hunt to deliver). Tommy sees him and ushers him in.

Tommy: [He signals for the music to end] Everybody, hey! Man-of-the-hour! [crowd cheers] Whoo! And, ladies, please give this man a proper homecoming.

[Music plays as Oliver approaches and climbs on center stage: ? We are the champions ? We are the champions ? Of the world?]

Oliver: Thank you very much, everybody!

Tommy: Ollie, Ollie, Ollie, Ollie. [gives him a sh*t]

Oliver: [to the crowd] I missed Tequila! [The crowd cheers]

[Hunt Multinational] - 9.25PM. Hunts' guards get ready and load their clips into their a*t*matic weapons. Techno music is heard from outside.

Hunt: What the hell's going on out there?

Drakon: It's across the street. Party for the guy that got rescued off that island...Oliver Queen.

[Oliver's Welcome Home Party] - Oliver and Tommy check out girls. Diggle stands the background. Oliver sees Thea get dr*gs from a strange guy.

Tommy: Hey. Does he wipe for you, too? Now by my rough estimate, you have not had sex in 1,839 days. As your wingman, I highly recommend Carmen Golden.

Oliver: Which one is she?

Tommy: The one who looks like the chick from "Twilight."

Oliver: What's "Twilight"?

Tommy: You're so better off not knowing. (Oliver sees Thea)

Oliver: Back in a minute. (Diggle follows him. Oliver grabs Thea aside)

Thea: Ollie, hey! This party is sick.

Oliver: Who let you in here?

Thea: I believe it was somebody who said, "Right this way, Miss Queen."

Oliver: Well, you shouldn't be here.

Thea: Uh, I'm not 12 anymore.

Oliver: No. You're 17.

Thea: Ollie, I-I love you, but you can't come back here and judge me, especially for being just like you.

Oliver: I know that it couldn't have been easy for you when I was-away.

Thea: Away? (she chuckles) No. You d*ed. My brother and my father d*ed. I went to your funerals.

Oliver: I know.

Thea: No, you don't. Mom had Walter, and I had no one. You guys all act like it's cool, let's forget about the last 5 years. Well, I can't. For me, it's kind of permanently in there, so I'm sorry if I turned out some major disappointment, but this—me, is the best I could do with what I had to work with. Let's bounce.

Girl: You have the fun dip?

Thea: Yeah.It's right-No. I... I must have dropped it.

[Oliver throws the drug in the trash. He proceeds to leave when he bumps into Laurel]

Oliver: Oh! Oh. You're here.

Laurel: Tommy. He made the point that we have too many years between us to leave things the way we left them. Is there someplace quieter that we could go?

Oliver: Yeah.

[Observatory Floor]

Laurel: I'm sorry about saying that you should have been the one who d*ed. That was wrong.

Oliver: If I could trade places with her, I would.

Laurel: About Sarah... there's something that I've been afraid to ask, but I need to know.

Oliver: Ok.

Laurel: When she d*ed...did she suffer?

Oliver: [Flashback] No. Sarah! [she screams and is ripped away by the ocean] [Present Day] No.

Laurel: I think about her every day.

Oliver: Me, too.

Laurel: I guess we still have one thing in common then. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but...If you need someone to talk to about what happened to you, I'm here. [Oliver's cell phone vibrates. He checks his phone. 10.00PM - Account balance $0] Something wrong?

Oliver: I asked somebody to do something. They didn't do it. Laurel...you always saw the best in me. Right now, that's what you're doing, looking at me, and you're wondering if that island changed me somehow, if it made me a better person. It didn't. Stay away from me. Otherwise...I'm just gonna hurt you again, but this time, it'll be worse. Gotta roll. [He walks back from her] I got 5 years of debauchery to catch up on.

Laurel: [Hurt. She walks towards him angered] You know what, Oliver? You're wrong. That island did change you. At least now you're honest. [she leaves]

[Service Hallway]

Diggle: Something I can help you with, sir?

Oliver: [turns around] I just wanted a second to myself.

Diggle: I would believe you, Mr. Queen, if you weren't so full of crap. Party's this way. [Motions to the door]

Oliver: It's locked. [Diggle goes to check and Oliver puts him in a sleeper hold and immobilizes him]

[Hunt Multinational]

Drakon: You two cover the elevator. Hang back and be ready. Stay in the corners and stay alert. [Lock latches] It's past 10:00. He's never getting in here.

Detective Hilton: All's clear.

Detective Lance: Yeah.

Hunt: You missed.

Arrow: Really?

Hunt: He's here!

Detective Lance: All units, converge! All units, converge!

Arrow: Aigh!

Detective Lance: Go right, go right. On me.

Officer: Lay down your weapons, or we will open fire! I repeat, lay down your weapons.

Detective Hilton: Tell me you saw that.

Detective Lance: Ok. Let's go. Move. Cut it. Search the building roof to basement. Find him! Starling City police! The party's over, kids. [Booing] Oh, Mr. Merlyn. Imagine my shock at finding you here. Did you roofie anyone special tonight, huh?

Oliver: Detective! It's a private party.

Detective Lance: Yeah? Well, there was an incident at Adam Hunt's building tonight. You know anything about that?

Oliver: Who's Adam Hunt?

Detective Lance: He's a millionaire bottom feeder, and I'm kind of surprised you aren't friends.

Oliver: I've been out of town for...a while.

Detective Lance: Yeah. Well, he just got att*cked by the guy with the hood, the guy that saved your ass the other day.

Oliver: The hood guy. You didn't find him? I'm gonna offer a reward. Hey, everybody. $2 million to anybody that can find a nut bar in a green hood. [The crowd cheers]

Detective Lance: Did you even try to save her?

Detective Hilton: Ok. Let's go, partner.

Detective Lance: Did you even try to save my daughter?

Detective Hilton: Sarah wouldn't want this.

Detective Lance: It's not–

Detective Hilton: Partner, let's go. (low voice) It's all right. Let's go.

Oliver: It's way too quiet in here! This is a party!

Tommy: Some coincidence, I mean, you asking to have your party here, and Hunt getting robbed right next door and by the same guy who rescued us at the warehouse.

Oliver: If I were you, Tommy, I'd just be glad you're alive.

Tommy: What-h-happened to you on that island?

Oliver: A lot

Hunt: What the hell are you talking about? $40 million doesn't just up and vanish! Untraceable?! It is $40 million! Find it! How did he do it?

Robert: There's not enough for all of us. Save your strength. You can survive this, make it home, make it better, right my wrongs, but you got to live through this first. You hear me, Ollie? You hear me, son?

Oliver: Just rest, dad.

Gus: No!

Oliver: Dad?!

Robert: Survive.

Oliver: No!

Laurel: If hypothetically $50,000 magically appeared in your bank account, it might be best for you not to speak about it...to anyone... Ever. God bless you, too. I just got a very grateful phone call from one of our clients against Adam Hunt.

Johanna: Me, too. Heh. It looks like Starling City has a guardian angel. By the way, your cute friend's here.

Tommy: You left the party pretty quick last night, even after I made sure the bar was stocked with Pinot Noir.

Laurel: It wasn't really my scene.

Tommy: I thought maybe you and Oliver went mano-a-mano again. I saw you two head out.

Laurel: There's nothing between Oliver and I, not anymore.

Tommy: Here I thought the only thing between you and Oliver was us.

Laurel: I wouldn't exactly characterize us as an "us," Tommy.

Tommy: Then what would you call it?

Laurel: A lapse.

Tommy: That's quite a few lapses... your place, my place, my place again.

Laurel: Oh, come on, Merlyn. We both know that you're not a one-girl type of guy.

Tommy: Depends on the girl.

Laurel: I have to go back to work.

Tommy: Dinah Laurel Lance always trying to save the world.

Laurel: Hey. If I don't try and save it, who will?

Oliver (V.O.): She says the island changed me. She has no idea how much. There are many more names on the list, those who rule my city through intimidation and fear. Every last one of them will wish I had d*ed on that island.

Moira: The police failed to identify the men I hired to kidnap Oliver, and they never will.

Should we arrange another abduction?

Moira: No. There are other ways of finding out what my son knows.