05x16 - While You Were Sleeping

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

05x16 - While You Were Sleeping

Post by bunniefuu »

[A Bar]

(Elena, Matt, Caroline, Bonnie and Jeremy are all drinking and having fun)

Bonnie: What is she doing?

Caroline: Having fun, obviously

Matt: It's about time, too. Take it off!

Caroline: Matt!

Elena: Jeremy, come on. To friends

Everyone: To friends!

Elena: Am I seriously that easy to impersonate or do you guys not know me at all?

Jeremy: Elena, what's going on?

Elena: When have I ever danced on a bar half-naked? Do you think that I would come to a college bar with my underage brother and do Tequila sh*ts?

Matt: Elena, what are you talking about?

Elena: I'm not Elena, Matt. I'm Katherine. It's not me. You guys know me. I wouldn't do that. Guys, Katherine has taken over my body. This isn't me

[Whitmore College]

(Elena wakes up in her dorm. She gets up and looks around)

Elena: Hello? Hello?

Stefan: Hey. You're awake

Elena: Stefan. What are you doing here? Where is everyone?

Stefan: Everyone's gone. The whole school cleared out for spring break. You've been in and out since you first woke up

Elena: Oh. Ok, yeah, that makes sense. I thought I was going crazy. What's going on? What…?

Stefan: We had to seal you into the building. We have a lot of catching up to do

Elena: The last thing I remember, I was running through the woods, and my head felt like it was being att*cked by Katherine's whole life. Then I saw Damon, I threw my arms around him, and...Then nothing

Stefan: Yeah, that was about 3 weeks ago

Elena: 3 weeks ago? Wow. 3 weeks, huh? And yet, it took just one second for Katherine to infect me with some virus that makes me want to k*ll all my friends

Stefan: Well, you know Katherine. She's not about to go out without a grand finale

Elena: Do you really think this whole lockdown is necessary? I mean… I feel fine

Stefan: Look, we shouldn't take any chances. If Damon taught us anything, it's that the virus makes you want to att*ck at the mere scent of vampire blood

Elena: How did you...

Stefan: Liv

Elena: Liv?

Stefan: She's a new witch. Bonnie's been teaching her some spells. Look, I know that this is a lot to process, but just know that Caroline is out looking for an antidote, and in the meantime, we've figured out a way to ration blood to keep you satiated. We're gonna figure this out, ok?

Elena: I need to talk to Damon

[Salvatore’s House]

(Damon is still tied up in the basement. Jeremy and Matt enter)

Damon: Hilarious. Give me the damn cup. Wipe that smile off your face

Jeremy: Hey, you're lucky I'm even helping you, considering the last thing you did for me was to tell Enzo to strangle me to death

Damon: Quit crying. You're still around

Matt: Yeah, more than we can say for Aaron Whitmore. Weren't he and Elena tight?

Jeremy: Yep

Matt: Does she know Damon k*lled him?

Jeremy: I don't know. Does she?

Damon: No, she doesn't, because I'm gonna be the one to tell her. And if either one of you clowns beats me to it, I'll rip your tongue out

(Jeremy’s phone rings)

Damon: Don't even think about it

(Jeremy answers)

Jeremy: Damon's phone

Elena: Jer?

Jeremy: Elena. Hey. How you feeling?

Elena: Confused but good. I miss you

Jeremy: Same here

Damon: I k*lled you once before, Gilbert. I'll k*ll you again

Jeremy: Someone wants to speak to you

(He gives the phone to Damon and then they leave)

Damon: Hey, you

Elena: Hey you

Damon: So, eat anyone yet?

Elena: Nope. So far, I am symptom-free. Although Stefan still has me on the "Damon diet" just in case

Damon: Oh, yeah, it sucks. Oof. You're gonna be craving carbs constantly. But hey, you know what? There's a plus side.You get to keep your girlish figure

Elena: I'm calling you on a pay phone

Damon: Well, how retro of you. Does that mean you've memorized my phone number?

Elena: Maybe. Katherine put a pass code on my cell, so, I can't use it

Damon: Ah, that would explain all those crazy Instagram pics you've been uploading lately

Elena: What?!

Damon: Kidding, kidding

Elena: Damon, that's not funny. I don't know what I've been doing for the last 3 weeks

Damon: I know. I'm sorry. Well, what do you want to know? I'll tell you

Elena: How did she do it?

Damon: How did she do what?

Elena: Break your heart

Damon: Oh. That. I don't know.It's not like it's been playing on a loop in my head over and over again so I barely remember

Elena: I'm so sorry. I really am. I mean the last thing I remember, I was running into your arms and I felt so safe

Damon: Well, it was all downhill from there

Elena: I wanted to fight for you. I still do

Damon: Oh, Elena, the second we're cured of this and we don't want to rip each other's heads off, I am going to hunt you down and give you the most mind-blowing night of your life

Elena: I think I could schedule you in. One question: How exactly do we cure this?

[A Warehouse]

(Caroline is looking through Wes’ stuff and finds his voice recorder)

Wes: I've managed to extract the werewolf venom from Nadia Petrova's blood. The addition of the venom will make the ripper virus even more lethal to vampires

Caroline: Oh, my God

Enzo: So, werewolves are real. I was told that was just like, you know, a joke. I'm Enzo

Caroline: The Enzo?

Enzo: No, the other one

Caroline: All right, other Enzo, I don't know what it is you're doing here, but I don't want any part of it

Enzo: I'm here for the same reason you are. I want this vampire-feeding virus out of our lives

Caroline: Why? You want your k*lling buddy back? k*lling innocent people not as much fun when you're alone?

Enzo: Right. Damon mentioned you get a little judgy. Then again, he also said you had a thing for accents

Caroline: Just stay out of it. We don't need any more problems

Enzo: Then you're not the least bit impressed that I have the antidote?

[Whitmore College]

(Elena is still on the phone with Damon)

Damon: Can we talk about the irony of Katherine Pierce sitting through a college lecture?

Elena: Oh, no, I'm flunking, aren't I?

Damon: No way. If anything, there's some sucker probably compelled to spend his entire spring break doing your homework

Elena: Yeah, you're probably right. Let's add that to the list of things I need to fix, starting with Aaron

Damon: Aaron? What the hell does he have to do with anything?

Elena: I haven't seen or talked to him since he found out that I was a vampire and thought I wanted to k*ll him

Damon: Well, uh...you probably won't find him

Elena: Why?

Damon: No reason

Stefan: Elena

Elena: Uh, Stefan just got here. He bought me a new cell phone. I'm gonna call you right back, ok?

(She hangs up)

Stefan: You ok?

Elena: Uh, not feeling so good all of a sudden

Stefan: It's because you're starving

Elena: Yeah

Stefan: Here, I got you 4 ounces of my blood. You won't be scaling any buildings, but it'll curb the cravings

Elena: Thank you. Ahh. I need more

Stefan: I'm sorry

Elena: I feel fine, Stefan. I just… I just need a little more

Stefan: You're not fine, Elena

Elena: Trust me. I just… I can handle this

Stefan: Think so?

Elena: Yeah

Stefan: You're not fine, Elena

Elena: She's turning me into a monster. I'm a ripper, aren't I?

Stefan: You'll feed until you k*ll, yeah

Elena: I hate her. No, you know what? I hate myself. Because I was dumb enough to sit next to her while she was dying and actually forgive her

(Stefan answers his phone. It’s Caroline)

Stefan: Hey

Elena: Please tell me that's some good news

Caroline: Bad news. It's not the same virus

Stefan: What is it?

Caroline: Dr. Creepenstein was working on the next phase of his virus. When Nadia was sick, he was experimenting on her blood and then he figured out a way to extract werewolf venom from her blood and put it into the virus

Stefan: Hey, what do you mean werewolf venom? That means it's fatal

Elena: Oh, my God

Caroline: Hello? You don't think I would just drop this on you without a silver lining? There's an antidote. It just requires you to come meet me. I'll text you the address

Stefan: Or you can just bring it over here

Caroline: No, you have to go there, and don't ask me why because I can't tell you

Stefan: Caroline, that doesn't make any sense. Just tell me exactly…

Caroline: If I could tell you, don't you think I would be there right now to help Elena?I'll text you the address

Stefan: I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what is going on

Caroline: The Travelers don't want anyone to know what they're up to. And by anyone I mean newbie emo witch types with bad attitudes. Just get there fast, ok? (They hang up)

Stefan: I’ll see you soon

Elena: Stefan?

Stefan: Yeah?

Elena: Why did she stay?

Stefan: What do you mean?

Elena: Katherine. Why didn't she run like she normally does?Why did she stay?

Stefan: Oh. You know Katherine. Staying alive wasn't enough. She...She wanted it all

Elena: You mean you. She wanted you. Did we ever…?

Stefan: Actually, we... We kissed

Elena: Oh, ok. Um... And then...?

Stefan: And then I pulled away. Then I put it together. She wasn't you. I gotta go

[A Bar]

(Bonnie is with Liv)

Liv: I mean, you gotta admit, it was pretty rad. I locked a vampire in her dorm with an invisible seal. I mean, how many newbie witches have that on their resume?

Bonnie: If they do, they don't brag about it as loudly

Liv: Come on. This place is dead. Like serious spring break-hiatus. Besides, you're not even a little proud of me?

Bonnie: Ok, hot sh*t. Set it on fire

Liv: What?

Bonnie: Simple fire spell

Liv: Ok

(She casts the spell)

Liv: That's weird

Bonnie: Guess your resume still needs a little padding

[Whitmore House]

(Elena is on the phone)

Aaron: Hey, it's Aaron. Leave me a message, or don't. Whatever

Elena: Hey, Aaron, it's Elena. I… ahem. I hope that you're off on some private island somewhere enjoying your spring break. Look, a lot has happened... And I'd really like to talk about it. If you're still willing to talk to me. So, call me back, ok? All right. Bye

(She finds her diary and reads what Katherine has written)

Katherine: Dear diary. I love my life. Seriously. Becoming Elena Gilbert is the best thing that has ever happened to me

Elena: Oh, my God

Katherine: Spent the day on the road with Stefan, although the highlight was our little pit stop at the hotel. I had to wash up after "accidentally" getting grease on my shirt

Hallucination

[A Hotel]

(Katherine and Stefan enter)

Katherine: Oh, well. I didn't like this shirt anyway

(She removes it)

Stefan: Ahh. Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, hey. Warning the next time?

Katherine: It's nothing you haven't seen before

Stefan: I know. I'm just saying there's a bathroom less than 10 feet away

Katherine: You know, that's what I like about you, Stefan. Always a gentleman. You don't have to turn away, you know. There's nothing stopping us. We're both single now. And we're alone

(They kiss but suddenly she stops. She’s Elena again)

Elena: Stefan, it's not me. It's Katherine, Stefan. She's seducing you. Stop

Stefan: What are you doing?

Elena: This isn't me, Stefan.Can't you tell? After everything we've been through… I wouldn't lead you on like that

(She’s about to leave but Damon enters)

Elena: Damon?

Damon: Stefan, Stefan, Stefan. "I have grease on my shirt. I need to wash up"? Come on, man, that's the oldest trick in the book

Stefan: It's not like you saw through her

Damon: I wasn't the one making out with her

Elena: Stop it, ok? Both of you. This is what she wants. Even dead, she is ruining our lives

Stefan: Oh, you think this is bad? You have no idea, do you?

Elena: About what? About what, Stefan?

Back to reality

Elena: What the hell is happening to me?

[Train Track]

(Caroline and Stefan arrive)

Stefan: He'll tell her

Caroline: When?

Stefan: "Hey, Elena, I k*lled Aaron." It's not exactly casual conversation

Caroline: k*lling someone in cold blood isn't casual but Damon managed that just fine

Enzo: Or I can just tell her. Considering I was lying in the road when he stopped his car

Stefan: So, what's in this for you? Aside from getting Damon to undo every positive decision he's ever made?

Enzo: Is it such an anomaly for Damon to have a friend? Well, if so, consider me honored

Caroline: Ok, we're here. Where is the antidote?

(Travelers and Sloan rejoin them)

Stefan: Who are you?

Sloan: I'm Sloan, and you met some of the Travelers when they were taking a bucket of your blood

Stefan: Oh, yeah. How could I forget? So, you have the antidote to this ripper virus, correct?

Sloan: We do, thanks to Enzo

Enzo: I was trapped in that bloody farm house with Damon. Set to have my head torn off when out of nowhere Wes, with the help of the Travelers, saved my life. On the condition I owed him one

Caroline: What does that have to do with us?

Enzo: He was running low on vampires, and he needed one to continue his work, so I let him experiment on me. Among other things, it allowed him to make an antidote.

Sloan When he d*ed, the Travelers took it. And seeing as Elena is valuable to us, we're in the process of using Wes's resources to find a cure for her virus as well

Stefan: Fine. When will it be done?

Sloan: First we have to find something

Stefan: Ok. What do you need?

Sloan: Another one of you

[Whitmore College]

(Elena is on the phone with Damon)

Damon: What do you mean werewolf venom?

Elena: I mean, I'm deteriorating. Slowly. I seem to be hallucinating all my worst fears. So, that's been fun

Damon: I should come over there

Elena: You can't. We would tear each other apart, remember? Besides, I… I look gross

Damon: Oh, yeah, well, never mind. Would be awful

Elena: Distract me

Damon: All right. What are you wearing?

Elena: Damon, come on. Tell me. What else have I missed?

Damon: Ok, ok, ok, let's see. Um...It's been unseasonably cold. Jeremy bought a bunch of new X-Box games that are ridiculously loud and obnoxious. Tyler had a party. It was lame. Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh. Did you hear the gossip?

Elena: What gossip?

Damon: Caroline and an original hybrid sittin' in a tree

Elena: No!

Damon: Yep

Elena: Are you serious? Caroline and Klaus? Wait, does Tyler know about this?

Damon: Yup, and guess who told him

Elena: Katherine? Katherine is such a bitch

Damon: That she is

Elena: Sorry

Damon: You ok?

Elena: Um...I just don't understand why Stefan's off at some mystery location. Why don't we hunt down Wes and force him to make us an antidote?

Damon: That's easier said than done. Wes is dead

Elena: What?

Damon: I k*lled him. Please don't act like he didn't deserve it

Elena: What about Aaron, Damon? He didn't deserve that. Wes was pretty much the closest thing that Aaron had to a family

Damon: Soup's on. The highlight of my day.I will check on you later, ok?

Elena: Yeah. Yeah, ok
[Train Tracks]

Stefan: What do you mean there is another one of me out there?

Enzo: Ever stop to think there might be another doppelganger roaming around? Clearly, you don't know your Traveler lore

Caroline: I'm sorry, and you do?

Enzo: Having stuck with them for the past few weeks, I've picked up a few things. Like how the last remaining pair of doppelgangers are special

Caroline: Special how?

Sloan: None of your business

Enzo: You'll have to excuse Sloan. She's under a bit of stress. The leader of the Travelers… Marcus, was it?

Sloan: Markos

Enzo: Markos. See, he wants the blood from the last remaining pair of doppelgangers, i.e., you and Elena

Caroline: Why?

Enzo: Apparently, it's special

Stefan: Special how?

Enzo: Don't think I didn't ask. As we've witnessed, the Travelers are very secretive. But what we do know is that until the last doppelganger's out of the picture, your blood, when mixed with Elena's, doesn't do squat

Stefan: So, what, you do a locator spell to find this guy and then you k*ll him?

Sloan: It's more of a linking spell

Stefan: Last time a witch linked me to my doppelganger, she fried my brain and I lost my memory

Sloan: Then we better be careful

Hallucination

[Whitmore College]

(Elena is sitting on the ground and sees Aaron)

Elena: Aaron?

Aaron: Hey there

Elena: I thought you were on spring break

Aaron: Are you ok?

Elena: I'm sick. It's a long story. Look, I really wanted to talk to you about everything, because the last couple weeks, I haven't been myself. Literally. Katherine Pierce has been inside my body and…

Aaron: Ooh. That would explain a lot, actually

Elena: Why? Did I do something?

(She enters his room)

Elena: Why is none of your stuff here?

Aaron: Because I'm not actually here

Elena: What do you mean?Are you another hallucination? Are you dead? Did I do this to you? Aaron, tell me that I didn't k*ll you. Did I k*ll you?Tell me that I didn't k*ll you. Please. Please

Back to reality

[Whitmore University]

(Elena regains consciousness. A boy is here)

Boy: Elena. Elena. Wow, Elena Gilbert.Get up you lush. I see someone started her spring break early

Elena: How did you get in here? I thought the door was closed

Boy: David dumped my ass… at senor frog's, of all horrifying places. He thought I was cheating on him. So, I took the first flight out of Cancun and here I am

Elena: Do I know you?

Luke: I'm Luke. We met at the Bitter Ball?You're very drunk. All right, let me shower off this airplane stench and we can drown our sorrows in rum runners

Elena: That doesn't sound like a good idea

Luke: Do not tell me you and Stefan hooked up while I was gone? Whoa, are you ok?

Elena: I'm just so thirsty

Luke: Ok. We'll get you some water, all right?

Elena: Don't touch me

Luke: You need help

Elena: No, what I need is to feed

(She compels him)

Elena: Don't move. I need vampire blood

Luke: What are you doing?

Elena: I need to turn you. I'm sorry. What is that? What… what is it?

Luke: Uh, my paranoid boyfriend thought they were hickies but it obviously is some kind of disgusting rash or something

Elena: Or your friend "Elena" was feeding on you. Listen to me. Forget this conversation. Go find Bonnie Bennett. Tell her to come here and bring the witch. I need to get out of here right now. Go! Run!

(Elena is on the phone with Damon)

Elena: I don't know what's happening to me, Damon

Damon: I know. Look, you're sick. So, just try to relax

Elena: I feel like no one's telling me the truth, Damon. I can't tell what's real anymore

Damon: Stefan will be there really soon

Elena: I did it, didn't I? I k*lled him

Damon: What?

Elena: Aaron. That's what you're so afraid to tell me. Aaron. I k*lled him

Damon: Listen, Elena, I will tell you everything, but right now is not the time

Elena: Now is not the time, Damon? I'm dying. I almost turned a student today that Katherine apparently befriended just so that I could feed on him. When would a good time be, huh?

Damon: Listen, Elena, whoa, whoa. Calm down. Listen to my voice. You will get through this. I will help you

Elena: No. No, no, no, no… you're lying. You're lying!

Damon: Elena, calm down, please

Elena: Why is everyone lying to me? You're lying to me. Why is everyone lying to me? Why is everyone lying to me?

[Salvatore’s House]

(Damon has lost contact with Elena)

Damon: Donovan! Donovan, get your ass in here!

(Matt enters)

Matt: Chill. I'm right here. What?

Damon: Phone's dead. Charge it for me

Matt: Too much sexting with Elena?

Damon: How about you never say that again

(Matt approaches and Damon strangles him)

Matt: Damon, stop. Jeremy!

(Jeremy enters)

Jeremy: Whoa! What the hell?

Damon: I need to see your sister. Undo my chains or I'll k*ll him

Jeremy: I can't. You'll k*ll her

Damon: She's gonna hurt herself, Jeremy. She's totally unraveling

Matt: Don't do it, Jeremy

Damon: Don't be an idiot, Jeremy. Trust me. She needs me. I would never hurt her, Jeremy

[Train Tracks]

(Stefan and Caroline are walking)

Caroline: Look, I know there's a lot of them, but between you, me, and Enzo, I bet we can take them

Stefan: Did you really just say that?

Caroline: Sorry. I'm desperate

Stefan: It'll be fine

Caroline: Yeah, until you lose your memory again

Stefan: Well, if I lose my memory, then I won't remember I had anything to worry about in the first place. V

Caroline: Who volunteers themselves for witchy electric shock therapy?

Stefan: Me, and I would do it for you, too. Look, let's just say that they do fry my brain…

Caroline: I'll k*ll them

Stefan: Right, and then you'll spiral out of control about k*lling them. And then, do me a favor. Remind me, we were friends

(They rejoin Sloan, Enzo and the travelers)

Sloan: That's for you. Sit

Stefan: Where are the antidotes?

Sloan: You'll get it when we're done

Stefan: No, you'll hand them over right now. I'm here. I'm doing everything you want me to

Enzo: I'll take them. I'll make sure the appropriate parties get them. If you don't trust me, you're welcome to join, goldilocks

Caroline: No, I want to stay with Stefan

Enzo: Very well. Best of luck

(He leaves and Stefan sits down)

Caroline: Wait, you said that you weren't gonna hurt him

Sloan: No, I said I'd try not to hurt him. We need his blood for the spell

Stefan: Wait a second. Tessa didn't need my blood when she linked me to Silas

Sloan: Good for her. We do

(She starts casting a spell)

[Whitmore College]

(Elena burn some of her things. Bonnie and Lexi arrive)

Bonnie: Elena, what are you doing?

Elena: I'm cleansing myself of anything that Katherine touched. Toothbrush. My clothes. My sheets

Bonnie: Elena, stop. You're not yourself

Elena: That's ironic, because I wasn't myself for weeks, and yet nobody noticed

Lexi: She's losing it

Elena: Are you Liv? I'm sorry if we've met before, but I'm really gonna need you to drop this seal and let me out right now

Bonnie: It's too dangerous for you to be out in public when you're sick

Elena: You think that's dangerous, Bonnie? If you don't drop this seal right now, I will k*ll you

Bonnie: Elena, stop. This is the virus. It's in your head. Katherine wanted to destroy you, and it's working. You have to fight it

Elena: Oh, my God. You're right. You're right, Bonnie. You're right. I can't… I'm letting her win. I'm letting her win. I can't let her win. I'm not gonna let her win

Bonnie: Uhh! Oh! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!

Elena: You will die if I don't give you my blood to heal you, so, you're gonna have to drop the seal. Otherwise, you're gonna bleed to death. So, hurry. It's your choice

[Train Tracks]

(Sloan and the travelers are still casting the spell)

Caroline: Why is this taking so long?

Sloan: Just a little deeper. I see him. He's in a city

Stefan: He's in Atlanta

Caroline: Good. That's great. You found him

Sloan: Keep going. Push harder

Caroline: You said that you know where he is. What are you doing?

Sloan: I'm not done. The link is strong enough. We need more information

Caroline: You're pushing him too hard! He's gonna lose everything. Stop!

Sloan: We need the doppelganger dead. Louder!

(Caroline intervenes)

Sloan: If you hurt me, they'll k*ll you

Caroline: Tell them to stop. There's a way we can all get what we want

[Whitmore College]

(Elena is wandering on campus when she sees Aaron)

Aaron: Elena?

Elena: Oh, my God. Aaron? Are you alive?

Aaron: You don't look so hot

Elena: No. No, I'm good. I'm good now. I'm good now. I thought… I thought I k*lled you. I didn't k*ll you. You're right here. Oh! You're still alive

(It’s actually Damon and not Aaron)

Damon: It's me. It's Damon. Hey. You're hallucinating. Here. Drink this. It's Stefan's blood. Drink this

Elena: She won. Katherine won

Damon: Don't say that

Elena: Look at me, Damon. Look at me. Look at me. The plague of Katherine Pierce lives on. She's turning me into something that I'm not. Look at me. I'm a monster. Liv, the witch, I almost k*lled her. And my friends, I mean, I want to k*ll my friends. I think… I think if I k*lled my friends…

Damon: Come here. It's ok

Elena: No, it's not ok! It's not ok, Damon. I k*lled Aaron Whitmore

Damon: No...No

Elena: He keeps...following me everywhere. I'm hallucinating that Aaron's around here

Damon: Elena, look at me. Hey, look at me. You did not k*ll Aaron Whitmore. I did

Elena: What? Why? W… was it because of the virus? Did you need to turn him?

Damon: It was before I was infected. Listen, if you want specifics, it was the night that I thought that you broke up with me, Elena. I k*lled him to convince myself that you were right. That I was the type of person who could k*ll in cold blood, and I was never gonna change. That's why. I need you to say something

Elena: Why is Enzo here?

Enzo: Sorry to interrupt, but I have the antidote. Although from the looks of it, you'd both rather be dead

[Train Tracks]

(Stefan wakes up. Caroline is with him)

Caroline: Hi

Stefan: Rebekah. Hi

Caroline: Oh, my God

Stefan: I'm kidding

Caroline: It was funnier the first time

Stefan: Did it work?

(Enzo rejoins them)

Enzo: Engine's running, blondie. Appreciate the call. Let's go do this thing

Stefan: Did I miss something?

Caroline: Sloan was gonna fry your brain in order to k*ll your other you. I wasn't about to let that happen, so, I may have volunteered to help Enzo deal with it

Stefan: You mean...k*ll him. Caroline, I can't let you…

Caroline: They only want one alive, remember? It's you or him

Stefan: All right, fine, well, I'm coming with you

Enzo: No, mate, you aren't. They need to use you to keep track of him. Tick-tock, gorgeous. Time is of the essence

Caroline: I'll be fine, Stefan. Besides, you'd do the same for me, right?

Stefan: I don't trust him

Caroline: Don't worry. I don't, either. I'll be safe. I promise

[Whitmore College]

(Bonnie and Liv are together)

Liv: Guess we should donate my shirt to Elena's fire cleanse

Bonnie: I'm so sorry about all this

Liv: Hey, I survived my first vampire att*ck. I mean, it's just one more thing to add to the resume

Bonnie: Look, if you don't want any part of this, I get it. Magic isn't for everyone. I won't be offended

Liv: No. I want this. And I want you to teach me

Bonnie: Good. Then I'll see you tomorrow bright and early for some levitation

Liv: Awesome. Catch you tomorrow

(Liv enters her room and finds Luke inside)

Luke: Show off

Liv: Luke, what the hell? I was about to take my shirt off

Luke: Relax. I'm gay and your brother, so technically, you're the least attractive person in the world to me. Are you ok? I'm sorry I had to drag you into this, but Elena thought she was compelling me and I couldn't give up the ruse

Liv: I'm fine. After Elena gutted me, she gave me some of her blood

Luke: And how is our precious anchor to the other side?

Liv: I'm letting her think she's teaching me magic. It's kind of cute

Luke: Until she realizes her friends are in jeopardy. Then, not so cute

[Salvatore’s House]

(Damon hands a glass to Elena)

Elena: No

Damon: She speaks. churning around in that beautiful head of yours?

Elena: You should have noticed

Damon: What?

Elena: That I was Katherine. That Katherine was me. You should have been the one that noticed

Damon: You don't think I know that?

Elena: If only you'd seen through her, Damon... There would be no vampire virus. Aaron would still be alive…

Damon: Katherine didn't do this. I did. I thought you broke my heart so I ripped open Aaron's neck. That is how much control you have over me

Elena: And I'm still here. That's how much control you have over me

Damon: Listen to us. This is toxic. We are in a toxic relationship, Elena. I just k*lled your friend and you find someone else to blame

Elena: You want me to blame you? Easy. Done. You screwed up, Damon. Again

Damon: Thank you!

Elena: You put me in a position where I have to defend you. Again. Where I have to bend my morals. Again. Where I have to go against every single thing that I believe in. Again! Because I love you

Damon: Then stop loving me

Elena: I can't!

Damon: Well, that's the problem. We don't work!

Elena: I know

Damon: Then we agree. This has to end

Elena: It just did It's over. We're over

(They kiss)