03x17 - Break on Through

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

03x17 - Break on Through

Post by bunniefuu »

[Mystic Falls' Hospital]

(Alaric is on an MRI. Meredith and Elena are in the other side looking at the results)

Elena: What are you looking for?

Meredith: I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies. Anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it

Elena: And if it's not?

Meredith: Well... Then we'll deal with that, too

Elena: When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric who was k*lling all of those people?

Meredith: It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busybodies

Elena: Then why did you protect him?

Meredith: Because I'm a doctor. I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And, because when he and I first met, I felt like, I don't know, I... I just kind of want to help him

(Alaric is in the MRI. He's looking at himself in the mirror above him. His reflection is different, has an evil look. He moves but his reflection doesn't. He freaks out and pushes the button)

Alaric: No! Meredith! Meredith...

Meredith: Everything all right in there?

(He looks at his reflection and calms himself)

Alaric: Yeah. Yeah, everything's OK

(Alaric and Elena are in his room)

Elena: Well, everything is normal

Alaric: Because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't k*ll Brian Walters, I didn't k*ll bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting Kn*fe into my stomach. Or I did, and I've gone insane, just like your ancestor, who... Wore that ring

(He looks at the ring, laying on the piece of furniture)

Elena: Look, I'm going to call Bonnie. The rings were made by a Bennett witch. Maybe a witch can reverse the damage

Alaric: Take it. I don't want it anymore

(She takes the ring. Damon enters)

Damon: Ready to ditch this house of horrors? Oof. You look terrible

Alaric: Yeah. Let me... let me check out of here

(He leaves. She looks at Damon and leaves too)

(Elena and Alaric are in the parking lot)

Damon: Don't worry about him. We'll take him out for chicken soup, we'll get him a Martini, make sure he doesn't k*ll anybody

Elena: What is wrong with you? How could you just go out feeding with Stefan like some vampire pub crawl?

Damon: Oh, right. I thought we were talking about Alaric, but of course we're talking about Stefan

Elena: You stood there and let him feed on an innocent girl!

Damon: I didn't let him do anything. If you want to get nit-picky about it, I made him

Elena: Why would you do that?

Damon: Because we're vampires, Elena. We need human blood to survive. We're predators, not puppies

Elena: Well, Stefan found a way around it before

Damon: Stefan has built himself a delusional wagon which he has repeatedly fallen off of. What he needs to learn is control

Elena: He was able to manage it when he was drinking my blood. Small amounts every single day

Damon: Ah, yes. Back when you two were in love and it was all rainbows and unicorns

Elena: I'm just saying. Maybe you're not the right person to be teaching Stefan about self control

(She looks at him and gets in her car)

[Abby's House]

(Caroline arrives with an icebox. She rejoins Bonnie)

Caroline: Hey!

Bonnie: Hey

Caroline: I totally lucked out. The hospital just had a blood drive, so, I got some... O negatives, some a's, and, my personal favorite, b positive

(Abby is in her garden. Bonnie and Caroline look at her)

Bonnie: Yeah. I made her a daylight ring. She's just been standing out there all morning. I don't think she's taking this very well

Caroline: Well, it's only been a few days since she turned. Your mom's still adjusting

(She looks at Abby)

Caroline: Miss Wilson? Why don't you come inside? You know, have something to drink

Abby: I can't feel it anymore. My garden. It's gone. I can't feel anything

(She goes inside)

Caroline: I don't understand

Bonnie: Witches have a connection to the earth. We can literally feel nature. Life

(She crouches and looks at a flower. She maks it blossom with her powers and smiles)

Bonnie: When Abby became a vampire, she lost it. I don't know how to help her

[Wickery Bridge]

(The bridge is being restored. Everyone is gathered. Rebekah is talking with the mayor. Damon, Meredith and Alaric arrive. Damon looks at Rebekah)

Damon: Rebekah's up to something. She's been snooping around in places she shouldn't be

Alaric: Tell me again, why are we here?

Damon: Ric, the world can't stop just because you're an accidental psycho k*ller

Meredith: Do you have any tact whatsoever?

(Carol rejoins them)

Carol: Alaric! I'm glad you're here. Did you bring the sign? The restored wickery bridge sign. The history department promised me you would have it today

Alaric: No, I don't have the sign, actually. It slipped... slipped my mind. I've been... Busy

Carol: Well, it's not an emergency. We'll just, um, unveil it when the bridge is complete

(She leaves)

Alaric: Get me out of here

Meredith: My pleasure

(Damon sees Sage through the crowd and looks at her. She smiles)

Damon: I'm going to stick around for a bit

Alaric: Who is that?

Damon: Blast from the past

(Carol begins her speech)

Carol: ... construction has begun replacing the original wooden support structure to meet modern safety standards. And, our beautification phase will begin in the spring

(Damon rejoins Sage)

Sage: Damon Salvatore. My favorite student

Damon: Sage, my hottest teacher. What are you doing here?

Sage: I'm just passing through

Damon: Oh, come on. No one just passes through Mystic Falls

(Rebekah rejoins them)

Rebekah: Look what the cat dragged in

Damon: Easy there, Rebekah. You know, she used to b*at men for sport

Rebekah: She always was quite common

Sage: Rebekah. What a happy surprise

Rebekah: What are you doing here, Sage?

Sage: Well, I heard Finn was finally freed from that casket your rageaholic brother Klaus carted him around in

Rebekah: Oh, Finn. You just missed him. He left town and didn't tell us where he was going

Sage: Oh. He probably went looking for me

Rebekah: Or, quite possibly, he forgot all about you

Sage: I doubt that

Rebekah: Oh? Because he didn't seem to mention you. Sorry you came all this way for nothing. Have a nice life

(She leaves)

Sage: God, I hate that ugly elitist original bitch

[Salvatore's House]

(Elena is leaving the house, a book in her hands but she sees Stefan in the living room. He's about to pours himself a glass from a blood bag)

Elena: Hi

Stefan: Hey

Elena: I'm sorry. Damon told Alaric that there was no one home. Otherwise i would have...

Stefan: I just got home

Elena: I just came by to pick up this book that you found on my ancestor Samantha

Stefan: That's fine

Elena: Uh, how are you doing? Damon said that you were...

Stefan: yeah, I'm, uh, I'm OK. Did you get everything you need?

Elena: Yeah. Well, if there's anything I can do to help...

Stefan: You don't have to read that, you know. I can just tell you what happened. Samantha Gilbert was committed to an insane asylum. She tried to give herself a lobotomy with a knitting needle. And bled to death on the floor of her cell. If the same thing is happening to Alaric, then there's... Nothing you can do

(She seems angry)

Elena: OK, well... I'm going to let you get back to, uh, whatever it was you were doing

(Shea leaves)

[Wickery Bridge]

(Damon and Sage are talking in the woods by Wickery Bridge)

Damon: Finn? Really?

Sage: He's my one true love. He turned me so we could be together forever. Then Klaus daggered him and locked him away and I've been waiting ever since. Please don't tell me that you and Rebekah are friends

Damon: Ah, not unless you count the hate sex

Sage: Good. 'Cause her and Klaus always treated me like some peasant whore

Damon: Ah, she's just lurking around because she wants something from me. I can't figure out what it is, though

Sage: Why don't you get inside her head and find it?

Damon: Because it's impossible. She's too strong

Sage: I bet I can get in there

Damon: Sage, she's an original. It's not going to happen

Sage: Have you forgotten everything I taught you? Rebekah may be an original, but she's a girl. You find her weakness and exploit it, and I'll walk right in. That is, if you want my help

(Damon rejoins Rebekah, getting closer to her)

Damon: Anyone ever tell you you're sexy when you're bitchy?

Rebekah: We're talking now, are we? Because you were quite rude the other day. Using me to help you with Stefan, and then shooing me away like a stray dog

Damon: Ah, that was brother business. You can't hold that against me. Besides, I really did

appreciate your help. Even if I didn't show it

Rebekah: You were mean

Damon: You like mean

Rebekah: No. I don't

Damon: No? You didn't get a thrill back there pushing Sage down, crushing her dreams of true love?

Rebekah: Maybe a little

Damon: See? Mean. Can Sage and I interest you in a drink back at the house?

Rebekah: Not a chance in hell

Damon: You know what they say. Two's company. Three is a party. OK. Enjoy the rest of your day

[Abby's House]

(Caroline rejoins Jamie. He's chopping wood with an a*)

Caroline: Haven't seen you up at the house. Abby's been asking for you

Jamie: I've been pretty busy

(She moves to get something but he freaks out)

Jamie: Hey, hey! Stay away from me! Easy!

Caroline: I was just going to help you carry the firewood up! You're scared of her

Jamie: She's a vampire

Caroline: She's a vampire. She needs to feel connected to the people she loves. She needs to feel normal right now...

Jamie: she's not normal. None of this is normal

Caroline: Well, Abby didn't choose this. This was forced on her. She could have let herself die but she didn't. She's trying to make this work so she can be there for you, and for Bonnie, so...

(Her phone rings)

Caroline: So just get over yourself!

(She answers. It's Elena)

Caroline: Hey, what's going on?

Elena: Bonnie's not returning my of my calls

Caroline: Sorry. She's still mad. And, seriously, Abby's transition has been a little rough, so she's got

a lot on her mind

Elena: I know. And I get it. But... Something really terrible is happening to Ric, and I really need her help

[Gilbert's House]

(Alaric and Meredith are sitting in the kitchen. He's looking at his report)

Meredith: I really don't think you should be looking through that stuff

Alaric: Well, it's the truth. Restraining orders and all. My life in a series of police reports

Meredith: You don't strike me as an angry guy. Which sounds weird, given everything. But... You don't

Alaric: Yeah, well, I was stupid when I was younger. But listen, it's not like these guys didn't have it coming. I mean... This guy here broke a beer bottle over a bartender's head. And this guy... Hit his girlfriend. And this guy... OK, this guy was just a douche. Everyone needs to find a way to deal with their dark side. Some people meditate. I became a vampire hunter

Meredith: Mmm, semi-retired

Alaric: Listen, there's something that's not in these reports that I need to tell you about

Meredith: Ok... Ominous. sh**t

Alaric: Your cousin Logan Fell, the one who was vampire slayed... I did the slaying

Meredith: The vampire thing... It's not my fight. I use their blood for what I need and leave the judgment to everyone else. Although, I have kind of been wondering why you never drew a stake through Damon's heart

Alaric: I tried once. He k*lled me. Yeah. Yeah, figures. The thing that started all this ring stuff was me being angry enough to think I could take on a vampire in the first place

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan is drinking a blood bag from the refridgerator. There's others on the floor. Damon arrives)

Damon: Oh, come on. Slow down, brother. Control, remember? Doesn't matter whether it's blondes or blood bags, same principles apply

Stefan: What did you say to Elena this morning?

Damon: Oh, you're stress eating. Sublimating. You need to observe each other while you're pining and moping

Stefan: I asked you a question, Damon

Damon: I told her what she already knows... you're a vampire and you drink human blood. And to get over it. Which is the same thing I'm telling you. Own it, live it, love it. Stop being ashamed of who you are

Stefan: Do me a favor, Damon... next time you talk to Elena, keep me out of it, OK?

Damon: Gladly. Now, unless you're interested in a Sage-Rebekah sex sandwich, I suggest you make yourself... Scarce

[Abby's House]

(Bonnie is cooking. Jamie enters)

Bonnie: Who are you, again?

Jamie: The guy who lives out back. You know, the one you're not related to

Bonnie: Right

Jamie: Caroline and I had a little talk

Bonnie: Sounds like code for Caroline lectured you

Jamie: Maybe. But I needed it. Abby's always been there for me. Now it's my turn. Thought I could build a fire

Bonnie: Please. Maybe it'll distract everyone from my crappy cooking

(Jamie is putting the woods in the fireplace. Abby arrives)

Abby: Jamie...

Jamie: I'm so sorry, Abby. I'm sorry about everything

(They embrace each other. She loses control and bites him. Bonnie arrives and uses her powers)

Bonnie: Abby!

(Abby is pushed by Bonnie's powers. She holds her head. Bonnie rushes over Jamie)

[Salvatore's House]

(Sage and Damon are in the living room. There's a piano player. Sage is sitting next to him)

Sage: Remember this song?

Damon: All right, miss master seductress, where's our victim?

Sage: Patience. Between her craving for affection and her pathological fear of being left alone, our little get together is too tempting to resist

(She drinks from the piano player's wrist)

Damon: Finn's gone, you know

Sage: I choose to believe otherwise

Damon: He strung you along for 900 years, didn't bother to call. He's gone

Sage: You know, the Damon I knew was holding out for someone, too

Damon: Yes, he was. Hope's a bitch, Sage. Get out while you can

(The door bell rings)

Sage: The sweet chime of desperation

(Rebekah enters with a bottle in her hand)

Rebekah: I stole it from Nik who stole it from a queen. I'm not sure which one. Well, this is depressing. What happened to the party?

Sage: It just arrived

(She smiles. Takes the bottle, opens it and looks at Damon. He smiles. Sage and Damon dance. Rebekah is alone, next to the piano player. She looks at them and seems bored. She drinks from him. Sage looks at her and pushes Damon towards her. she goes on the couch. Damon rejoins Rebekah)

Damon: How about a duet

(He drinks with her. Ten they gets up and Damon is about to kiss her)

Rebekah: What about her?

(Sage is on the couch and looks at them)

Damon: I don't want her. I want you

(They kiss. Sage smiles)

[Abby's House]

(Abby is outside. Bonnie rejoins her)

Abby: I almost k*lled him!

Bonnie: Caroline said that this kind of thing happens a lot at first, when you're still...

Abby: no, no. I should just go right now, before I hurt Jamie again, or you!

Bonnie: The only way you're going to hurt me is if you leave. Don't give up on this. Not again. We can make this work

(Caroline rejoins them)

Caroline: He's fine. Nothing a little vampire blood can't cure

Abby: Thank You

Caroline: Now I need a favor

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena is in the kitchen with Alaric. He writes something and gives it to her)

Alaric: Listen, I want you to have this. This is a list of my bank accounts, passwords, where to find my will and how to contact my family just in case this doesn't go my way

Elena: No, no, don't even think like that

Alaric: Elena, I need to know that you and Jeremy are going to be OK

Elena: We're all going to be fine

(Her phone rings. She's answers. It's Caroline)

Elena: Caroline?

Caroline: So Abby thinks Bonnie can reverse the damage with a spell. I guess the same thing happens with witches who become obsessed with dark magic. They lose control and start acting out their darkest impulses

Elena: Thank you so much

Caroline: I'm going to hang back here with Abby, but Bonnie's leaving now, so if... um, hold on

(Bonnie takes the phone)

Bonnie: I need a personal effect of Alaric's. Something he wore before he started wearing the ring

Elena: OK. I'll get it. Um... Bonnie, I'm so sorry for everything. Thank you for doing this

Bonnie: Be ready to do the spell as soon as I get there. We have to work fast. I'll see you soon

(She hangs up)

Alaric: Good news, bad news?

Elena: Bonnie thinks that she can help you with a spell

Alaric: Well, it's worth a try

Elena: But she needs something that you wore before you put on the ring. Something personal

(Meredith rejoins them)

Alaric: Well, there's, uh... My wedding ring. It's at the loft

(She looks at Merdith)

Elena: OK, yeah. Um, that's a good idea

(Meredith looks at Alaric)

Meredith: I think it's better if you stay here with me

Alaric: Oh, you and your tranquilizers. It's in the dresser by the kitchen. It's in, uh, an aspirin bottle. Probably covered in cobwebs

Elena: Ok
[Salvatore's House]

(Damon is in his bed with Rebekah. She's asleep. Sage enters and rejoins them. She touches Rebekah's head and smiles. Damon tries to talk but she puts her finger on his mouth. She gets up and makes a sign to follow her. She takes of her clothes and goes in the shower. He rejoins her)

Damon: I take it back. Your plan is amazing

Sage: I told you, if you got her comfortable enough... She's an open book

Damon: Well, are you going to t*rture me or are you going to tell me what she's up to?

Sage: I'd rather show you

(They kiss. And as they kiss, Damon sees images and conversations of Rebekah with Klaus, with the mayor...)

Damon: There's another tree

(Damon is in the library. He's looking at the old family milling records)

Sage: Milling records?

Damon: Our family made one of its many fortunes selling lumber. That's why Rebekah's been digging around about this stuff. That tree was on our land and milled by our yard. The letters will tell me where it was shipped. The business archives should be around here somewhere. Get upstairs. Make sure you keep her distracted

(She leaves. Damon looks at the shelf and takes one of the milling company records. He opens it and reads that tha woods was ship to build Wickery Bridge)

Damon: You've got to be kidding me

[Alaric's Appartment]

(Elena arrives. Stefan rejoins her)

Stefan: Missed you at the house. Alaric told me you'd be here

Elena: You made yourself perfectly clear this morning, Stefan

Stefan: You don't want to be around me. I'm not trying to hurt you, Elena. I just can't be who you want be to be right now. I'm not in control

Elena: So then what are you doing here?

Stefan: Well, I, uh, did a little more digging on Samantha Gilbert. Founding family's were always pretty good about it, about destroying their records, but I found a couple of newspaper articles. Seems she k*lled two people while she was in the institution. A nurse and a guard

Elena: So she was a psychopath. I get it

Stefan: She was under su1c1de watch. No personal effects. No jewelry

Elena: Wait, so you're saying that the violent behavior can still happen even if the person isn't wearing the ring?

[Gilbert's House]

(Alaric is on the couch. Meredith is in the kitchen)

Meredith: Still with me?

Alaric: Yeah. Yeah, I'm still with you

Meredith: I'm half-dead, too. Neither one of us has slept in two days. Don't worry... I've got coffee on

(He seems different. He gets up and goes to her bag. He breaks her tranquilizing jabs)

[Salvatore's House]

(Damon is burning the records. Sage arrives)

Sage: Rebekah just left

Damon: Happy, I hope

Sage: Did you find what you were looking for?

Damon: Yep. In 1912, the Salvatore milling company chopped down a forest. Its most valuable wood came from an old white oak tree that was used to make the wickery bridge. These aren't public records, so Rebekah's going to chase her tail for a long time

Sage: So all the wood stripped from the underside of that bridge is basically a w*apon that could k*ll an original

Damon: Yep

Sage: You see how this could be a problem for me, right?

Damon: Why? Because of your true love Finn? Let me tell you something... I've met the guy. You're not going to miss him

Sage: I will rip your head off in two seconds if you take one more step

Damon: All right, let's make a deal. You want me to k*ll Rebekah, I consider Finn untouchable, you guys walk into the sunset together

Sage: Is that a promise?

Damon: Yes. It's a promise

[Alaric's Apartment]

(Elena is looking into drawers)

Stefan: If Bonnie's spell doesn't work, ,what are you going to do with him?

Elena: I'm not going to do anything ,Stefan. I'm going to keep looking until we can find something that will help him

Stefan: You don't know how long this has been going on. It might be too late

Elena: It's my family's ring that's doing this to him. It's my responsibility to fix it

Stefan: You can't put that on yourself. Not everyone is your responsibility. Not everyone can be saved

Elena: Are we talking about Alaric here? Or are we talking about you? Because I wasn't planning on giving up on either of you

(Stefan opens a drawer for her 'cause she can't. There's pictures of head wounds. A picture of Bill Forbe's body and a article on Brian Walter's m*rder)

Elena: What is that?

Stefan: Pictures of his victims

[Salvatore's House]

(Damon enters the library. He's dressed)

Damon: age, let's go. We have originals to k*ll

(She's not here)

Damon: Sage...

[Alaric's appartment]

(Elena and Stefan are looking into the drawer. She finds a big envelope with Jeremy's name on it. She opens it and finds a big pile of papers. There's a note from Alaric on the top of it. She reads it)

Elena: "Jeremy, if anything happens to me, carry on my work. You have the other ring, let the ring make you strong. The council must be cleansed before the work can begin."

(Under it there's a list of founders)

Stefan: It's the founders council roster. Looks like some sort of hit list

Elena: No, Alaric didn't write this

Stefan: Who else would have written it, Elena?

(She rips the note apart and takes Alaric's wedding ring from the drawer)

Elena: I have to get back

[Gilbert's House]

(Alaric rejoins Meredith in the kitchen. She's looking for something)

Alaric: Looking for something?

Meredith: I don't know where anything is in this house. I'm sorry, I can't remember, do you take cream?

Alaric: No cream

Meredith: I was going to make sandwiches. I am starving

Alaric: Can I ask you a question?

Meredith: No mustard. I hate mustard

Alaric: Do you ever feel remorse?

Meredith: Sorry?

Alaric: Well... You are a council member. And the council was formed to protect the people of this town from vampires, yet here you all are, just looking the other way; ignoring your responsibilities. Like you, and your vampire blood. So I'm asking you. Do you ever feel remorse? Because you should

(He takes a Kn*fe and hurt her. She runs and he follows her. She goes to the stairs. He catches her foot but she hits him and runs to the bathroom. She locks herself and looks at her wound)

[Wickery Bridge]

(Damon arrives at the bridge but stops his car. Rebekah is there, burning the wood. He gets out of his car)

Rebekah: Your grand plans always seem to get ruined, don't they? Sorry to disappoint you. Again

(He turns himself and sees Sage)

Damon: You set me up

Sage: No. I'm just looking out for myself

Damon: I told you I'd save your creepy boyfriend!

Sage: And you lied to me, Damon! The originals are linked. If one dies, they all die. If I can get inside her head, don't think I'd be able to get inside yours?

(He rushes over her and strangles her)

Damon: I should and you

Sage: I'm 900 years old, Damon. You're not capable of ending me. Do you really think that I would risk Finn's life for one of your petty revenge fantasies?

Damon: Let me tell you something... your long lost love has a su1c1de wish. So when mama witch linked them together in a spell, he's the one who volunteered to die

Sage: He wouldn't do that

Damon: He didn't want to live. Not for you, not for anyone. He doesn't love you, Sage. And when I do find another way to k*ll those originals, I'll start with Finn

(He gets into his car)

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena and Stefan enter. He makes her a sign to wait and goes look in the kitchen. Alaric goes down the stairs, a towel in his hands)

Alaric: Hey there

Elena: Hi. Where's Meredith?

Alaric: Oh, she got called in to the hospital for a last minute surgery, but she'll be back later

(She looks at his hands and the towel)

Elena: What happened?

Alaric: Oh, I... Broke a coffee cup and sliced my hand open trying to pick up the pieces. But I'll... I'll live. Did Stefan catch up with you?

Elena: No

Alaric: Did you get my ring?

Elena: I... I couldn't find it

Alaric: Yeah, well, my place is a bit of a disaster. I guess I'll, uh, I'll just have to go get it

(She sees the Kn*fe on the floor. He goes toward her to att*ck her but Stefan arrivs and strangles him from behind)

Elena: No, don't hurt him!

Stefan: I'll try not to

(He strangles him so he collapses. He lays him on the floor and looks upstairs)

Stefan: Elena, I need you to come upstairs with me

Elena: Why?

Stefan: I'm going to need your help

(They go upstairs. They go in the bathroom and she puts the light on. Meredith is laying on the floor, bleeding. There's blood everywhere. She's unconscious. Elena rushes over her)

Elena: Meredith! OK, OK. You're going to be OK

(Stefan is struggling. His face changes. Elena looks at him but he manages to control himsef, bites his wrist and makes Meredith drink his blood, then he leaves)

(Alaric is laying on his bed. He wakes up. Damon's here)

Alaric: What the hell are you doing here?

Damon: Just making sure the witch didn't turn you into a toad or a block of salt. Bonnie did a little spell. It's nothing to worry about. Just something to keep the k*ller in you at bay

Alaric: Did something happen?

Damon: Let's just say you've got an alter ego hell bent on k*lling council members. So we're going to pack up some of your stuff, we're going to go to the loft, just for a little bit. You know, it's like house arrest, light

Alaric: Wait, where's Meredith?

Damon: She'll be fine, Ric

(Elena is in the kitchen. Bonnie rejoins her. She has a box of herbs in hers hands)

Bonnie: Hey. You OK?

Elena: Yeah, I'm fine

Bonnie: Abby says that all the dying and coming back to life might have chipped away at Alaric's psyche, making it easier for the darkness to take hold. These herbs are the binding element of the spell. He needs to take them twice a day. I'll get you more. Abby and I are going to work on the garden

Elena: How is she doing?

Bonnie: The transition's been hard, but I think she'll be OK. Eventually. I'm going to go back and stay with her for a while. It'll give us a chance to work things through

Elena: I'm sorry, Bonnie. I didn't... I didn't want this to happen. If there's anything that I can do to make it different, I...

(Bonnie embraces her)

Bonnie: I know

Elena: Please say that you forgive me

Bonnie: Of course I do

[Abby's House]

(Caroline and Jamie are gardening)

Caroline: Am I even doing this right?

Jamie: Yeah, you're doing fine. Hey, um, thanks for helping out with Abby. Bonnie's really lucky to have a friend like you

Caroline: Well... I went through the same thing once. Ahem. With my dad. But it didn't really work out. So... You know...

(She gets up)

Caroline: Well, when Bonnie gets back, she can snap her fingers or wave her hands or whatever, and make the herbs bloom. I think Abby's up

(She rejoins Abby. Abby's writting something and has a bag with her)

Caroline: What are you doing? You're leaving. You kidding me?

Abby: I have to. I don't know how to do this

Caroline: Do what? Be a vampire or a parent?Because I can help you be a vampire. I can teach you self control. But being a parent, I mean, that's all you. Bonnie grew up without a mom because you ran away once. But now you have an eternity to make up for it and you're just going to throw that away?

Abby: She's better off without me!

Caroline: No, she's not! No one is better off without their parents. She wants to make this work. Please. Just stay

(She gets up and takes her bag)

Abby: Tell them I'm sorry

(She leaves)

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena is on the phone with Jeremy)

Jeremy: Hello?

Elena: Hey, stranger

Jeremy: Hey, you checking up on me?

Elena: Do you need checking up on?

Jeremy: Well, I'm not flunking any of my classes. Yet. And I got a dog

Elena: Hey, have you talked to Alaric lately?

Jeremy: Uh, no, why? Is everything OK?

Elena: Yeah, everything is fine. Um, I just wanted to hear your voice

Jeremy: OK. Hey, can I call you later? I'm actually on my way out with some friends

Elena: Yeah, um, of course, Jer. Go out. Go have fun and, um... I... I just miss you

Jeremy: Yeah. Yeah, I miss you, too

(They hang up. She cries)

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan is drinking. Damon enters with a package)

Damon: Little early in the day for you, isn't it?

Stefan: Just having a little toast

Damon: To what?

Stefan: Control

Damon: You're happy, I'm happy

Stefan: Why are you in such a good mood? Sage double crossed you, tree's a pile of Ash, Alaric's got a psychopathic alter ego

Damon: You know, Stefan, I'm a philanthropist. I make the world a better place. Restoring bridges, landmarks, and...

(He opens the package. It's the historical Wickery Bridge sign)

Damon: Historical signs made of the same white oak as the wickery bridge

Stefan: They think all the wood b*rned

Damon: I sold my rage. Phew. You should have seen me

Stefan: We have a w*apon

Damon: Game's back on, brother. Let's go k*ll some originals