04x04 - The Five

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

04x04 - The Five

Post by bunniefuu »

Flashback, 1110

[The Woods]

(Various men are reunited around a witch, who's casting a spell. There's thunder. She pours something on the ground. A tattoo spreads on each man's body)

Nowadays

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan is looking at one of Connor's stakes with a symbol carved on it. Damon enters, a box in his hands)

Stefan: So what is all this?

Damon: Some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunter's rv. May he rest in peace. I'm searching for a supernatural handbook

Stefan: You know for a fact he was supernatural?

Damon: Definitely wasn't natural. The guy magically appears just as someone blows up the entire founders' council, covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert, of all people in the world, seems to be able to see. Klaus mentioned something about him being one of the five. And then he kamikazes himself with expl*sives. Seem natural to you?

Stefan: What's the five?

Damon: That's what I'm hoping is in the first chapter of the handbook

(Damon's phone rings. He looks at it and answers. It's Liz)

Damon: Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff. What? That's... Concerning. Keep me posted

(He hangs up but doesn't say anything)

Stefan: What, you're not going to tell me?

Damon: I can't tell you. It's private. We're in a fight

Stefan: You're in a fight; I'm not in a fight. I'm over it. I've been over it

Damon: You're not still mad at me about Elena?

Stefan: You let her feed on you. I'm always going to be mad at you. But we're not in a fight

Damon: Very well, then. They didn't find any remains at the expl*si*n site

Stefan: So Connor's still out there

Damon: Apparently so. I'm going to need you to get on this today. I have to take Elena to college

Stefan: I'm sorry, you have to do what, exactly?

Damon: I'm teaching her how to feed. She needs to learn snatch, eat, erase now more than ever. Ah. We're not in a fight, remember?

[The woods]

(Elena is with Stefan)

Elena: I know it's crazy, but I almost k*lled Matt last night. Damon had to rip me off of him and then compel him to forget. Call it doppelganger curse or whatever, but I can't drink animal blood. I can't drink from a blood bag. I can only drink from the vein

(She bends and an arrow goes into the tree)

Stefan: A little slow. Almost got you

(She removes the arrow)

Elena: That's why we're not using the wood ones for hunter defense class

(She throws the arrow at him but misses him. She smiles and he puts the crossbow on the ground)

Stefan: What about Caroline? She's a genius at self-control

Elena: She's too good. She doesn't understand how hard it is. And you, well, I know what being around too much blood does to you, so... I can't put you through that

(He rushes toward her and takes her from behind with the arrow)

Stefan: Hmm. So I guess that leaves Damon, huh?

(She makes him fall and sits above him)

Elena: Don't be jealous. You know I wish it could be you

Stefan: Fine. You wish it could be me

Elena: We're crashing Bonnie's trip to Whitmore College. The Professor that took over her gram's classes? He invited her. Listen to me. You're the one who's getting me through this. No matter who teaches me how to feed

Stefan: All right. Just be careful, ok? The blood, the feed... It's easy to get caught up in it

Elena: I will. I promise

[Mystic Grill]

(Matt is working. Rebekah arrives and puts keys on the bar)

Matt: What's that?

Rebekah: The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow

Matt: If that's your idea of an apology... You should probably give it to Elena. She's the one you k*lled

(He leaves. Klaus is at the bar, looking at her)

Klaus: You're trying too hard

Rebekah: Last I heard, you were leaving town... forever

Klaus: Well, I was. But then I thought to myself, how can I when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here... Bribing the help

Rebekah: What do you want, Nik? I thought I was dead to you

Klaus: Things change, Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you

Rebekah: Doubt that

Klaus: No? Well, what if I told you the brotherhood of the five still existed?

Rebekah: What?

Klaus: You see? And like that, bygones. Come on, love. Work to do

Rebekah: We don't have anything to do. There is no "we". I don't care about the five, and I don't care about you

Klaus: As you wish

(He leaves)

[Whitmore College]

(Damon parks the car. He goes out with Elena and Bonnie. Elena looks at Bonnie)

Elena: Are you sure that you're okay with this?

Bonnie: If I could spell you out of wanting blood, I would. But I can't, so better you doing this now than at freshman orientation

Elena: Something tells me that college isn't in my future anymore

Damon: Oh, stop with the pity party. If I can go to college, you can go to college

Bonnie: You? Went to college?

Damon: Sure. Plenty of times. I always had a thing for sorority girls

Bonnie: You're disgusting

Damon: I know

(A classroom. Professor Shane is teaching a class)

Professor Shane: I say the word "witch", what pops into your head? Halloween costume? Villain of a fairy tale? Maybe an ex-girlfriend? Well, whatever image it is, it's probably not Tanielle Soso...

(He shows a picture. Elena, Bonnie and Damon take seats)

Elena: Is that him?

Bonnie: Yeah

Elena: He's kind of...

Bonnie: Hot

(Elena smiles. Damon looks at them and rolls his eyes)

Professor Shane: I'm an admittedly crappy photographer. Now, in reality, or in this reality, at least, witches have appeared across every culture in history. They're the architects of the supernatural. Responsible for everything that goes bump in the night, from ghosts to vampires to doppelgangers...

Damon: What is this guy, witchipedia?

(Elena chuckles. Bonnie looks at him)

Bonnie: Shh, shut up

Professor Shane: Now, if you're a skeptic, you'd call that a coincidence. But if you're a true believer... You know what, there really isn't such thing

Elena: What if I'm... A ripper?

Damon: You're not a ripper

Elena: What if I am?

Damon: Well, then, pick someone and we'll find out. Stoner guys are no good to grab. They're too paranoid and you don't want the extra buzz. Now, she is fun-sized. But too alert. Geeky girls are inherently suspicious of anyone who's nice to them. What you want is the little blonde, pretty girl. Self-absorbed, easily flattered. You just have to separate her from the pack and make your move

(Professor Shane looks at them)

Professor Shane: Am I interrupting you guys? Or is it maybe the other way around?

Damon: Sorry. I was just saying how much I love witches

Professor Shane: Yeah, you and me both, brother. All right, listen, we should probably talk about the readings that none of you did

(Elena and Damon look at each other. She smiles)

[Klaus' Mansion]

(Klaus enters a room. Connor is chained up against a wooden device. He looks at Connor)

Klaus: Looks like I'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail

(Stefan is here)

Stefan: I was going to take him, but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain

Klaus: It's from the inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch

Stefan: What'd you get out of him?

Klaus: Not enough. He's mum about the council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you snooping?

Stefan: Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled

(Connor looks at Klaus)

Klaus: You're full of mysteries, aren't you?

Connor: I told you, I don't know anything

Klaus: Thankfully, I know plenty. Shall we?

(Klaus closes the doors)

Klaus: So what's with the home invasion?

Stefan: Damon said you knew something about this guy. I should have figured you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return

Klaus: I was feeling benevolent

Stefan: You're never benevolent. Who is this guy? What's the five?

Klaus: So many questions

Stefan: It's a good thing I have nothing to do today except get answers out of you

Klaus: Fine. You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate. The brotherhood of the five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the twelfth century. Italy. My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the South. Feeding, turning people as we went

Flashback

Italy, 1114

(Klaus and Elijah are walking and stop in front of a stage. People are gathered and one of the hunters is talking on a stage)

Hunter: These demons live among you. Passing as human

Klaus (Voiceover): But with the bloodshed came exposure

The hunter: So witness with your own eyes...

(He opens a box. A vampire is inside and goes out. He burns in the sun and screams. Everyone's screaming. The hunter is looking at him)

Elijah: He's putting on quite the show

Klaus: He's nothing. I could eat him for sport

Elijah: Still, you should heed the warning. Between you here and Kol in the east, you have not been discreet. Stories of the original vampires are spreading

Klaus: If you're worried about discretion, perhaps you should wrangle our sister

(The hunter is kissing Rebekah's hand. She smiles. She takes his arm and they leave)

Nowadays

[Klaus' Mansion]

Stefan: So these hunters have been around for 900 years?

Klaus: Apparently. Well, our friend in the other room is the first I've seen since then. Kind of makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years

Stefan: And Rebekah had a thing with one of them?

Klaus: Oh, she didn't just have a thing. She fell in love with him. He told her all his secrets. Which I will gladly share with you... Provided you do one thing for me

Stefan: And what's that?

Klaus: Get Rebekah over here. She's being stubborn. And hateful. I need to make peace with her. I want her to give me some very important information about the hunter, which she won't do unless she believes we've made up

Stefan: And... What's in it for me?

Klaus: Just get her here and I'll tell you. Oh, and Stefan... Trust me when I say this... that hunter in there holds the answer to all your prayers

[Mystic Grill]

(April is at a table, doing her homework. Matt sops at her table)

Matt: Hey, April. Can I get you some more water?

April: I'm good. I'm not just sitting here alone like the loser new girl. I'm with my friend. She just...

(Rebekah arrives and sits down in front of her)

Rebekah: Sorry. Family drama

Matt: You two are friends?

Rebekah: Is it so hard to believe I would have one?

Matt: Yeah. It is. And I'm keeping the truck

(He leaves. April looks at him)

Rebekah: Hey, off limits! I have dibs

(Stefan arrives and compels April)

Stefan: You won't remember any of this

(He looks at Rebekah)

Stefan: Klaus wants me to fake peace with you so you'll talk about the five

Rebekah: Yeah, I bet. Don't help him. He'll just betray you. It's what he does

Stefan: All right, well, forget him. Help me instead

Rebekah: Why? You hate me more than he does

Stefan: Because I'm going to figure out what he's up to. And plus I can give you the one thing that he won't

Rebekah: And what's that?

Stefan: A clean slate. I'm not saying that I'm willing to forgive you for what you did to Elena, but I'm willing to set it aside and start over

Rebekah: Why would you do that?

Stefan: Because you're obviously not leaving town any time soon, and I'm just looking for a way we can all get along. Plus, you can't be too happy wandering around school with no friends

Rebekah: Well, what if I don't care what you or anyone else thinks?

Stefan: Well, I'm pretty sure that you care what, uh, Matt over there thinks. So maybe I can talk to him about a clean slate, too

[Whitmore College]

(Damon and Elena are walking behind the blond girl from Professor's Shane class)

Damon: She's young and healthy; she'll heal up like a charm. Just keep your eye on the ball

Elena: It's not a game, Damon

Damon: Fine, it's not a game; it's a high-stakes dangerous maneuver. Now, just go. Just like we practiced. That's all you have to do

(She catches up with the girl)

Elena: Hey! You're in my anthro class, right?

Girl: Uh, yeah. I guess so

Elena: I, uh, totally spaced and forgot to get the reading list. Do you have it?

Girl: Sure. Let me check

(Elena compels her)

Elena: This isn't going to hurt. Please don't scream

(Elena looks at a picture on the girl's phone)

Elena: Who's that?

Girl: It's my little sister

(Elena compels her)

Elena: Get out of here. Go back to class

(The girl leaves)

Damon: What the hell are you doing?

Elena: I just... I saw the picture, and I...

Damon: Everybody is someone's Uncle or father or camp counselor or Bible study teacher. Elena, you don't know these people. Why do you care?

Elena: I care because I'm still me! I still have the same feelings, Damon. Sorry if that spoils your master plan to turn me into a super vampire

(Bonnie rejoins them)

Bonnie: What's going on?

Damon: Nothing. Elena's educating me on the importance of feelings

Elena: Did you talk to the Professor?

Bonnie: For a second. He found some stuff of my grams in his office and he's going to dig it up for me. Oh, uh, this

(She gives her a flyer for a m*rder house party. Damon looks at it)

Damon: Oh, nice. The answer to all of our problems. A frat party, douche central. Which is why you'll be eating very well tonight. So what should we go as? Victims or K*llers?

[Klaus' Mansion]

(Klaus is looking at Connor, still chained up)

Klaus: You feeling all right, mate? Are the shackles too tight? Welcome home, sister

(Rebekah enters with Stefan)

Rebekah: This is a trick? How do you know he's one of the five? Where's his bloody tattoo?

Klaus: Oh, the tattoos aren't visible on this lot like they were on the last. Let's eat

(Klaus, Rebekah and Stefan are sitting at a table)

Klaus: Thank you, my lovely. I could kiss the council for burning up all the vervain in town. They made my life so much easier. Rebekah, love, eat your veggies

Rebekah: I'm not eating till you apologize

Klaus: For which indiscretion? There have been so many

Rebekah: You broke my neck

Klaus: You threw away Elena's blood so I can't make any more hybrids

Rebekah: 'Cause you took me for granted!

Klaus: That's what big brothers do, sweetheart!

Stefan: Let me just name the million other people I'd rather be having dinner with right now

Klaus: All right, fine. I'm sorry. I often forget how delicate you are. Forgive me?

Rebekah: I'll take it under consideration

Stefan: Ok, good. Ahem. Now, why don't you tell me about Rebekah's hunter?

Klaus: Right. Alexander. Nice chap, forgoing the obvious issues. He was looking for creatures of the night, which is why we felt quite safe around him wearing our daylight rings

Flashback

Italy, 1114

(Alexander, Rebekah, Klaus and Elijah are sitting at a table outside)

Alexander: I'm unaccustomed to such luxury

Elijah: Well, it's the least we could to repay you for opening our eyes to the truth. We're curious to hear more about your order. Your crusade

Alexander: We are but five men. Bound by fire and the last breath of a dying witch to a single cause. The destruction of all vampires

Klaus: And how do you hope to achieve this?

Alexander: We have the ultimate w*apon, which no vampire can survive

Nowadays

[Klaus' Mansion]

Stefan: So, that's what this is about? A w*apon?

Rebekah: Not just any w*apon

Klaus: Rebekah, love, don't get ahead of the story

Stefan: How is a w*apon the answer to all of my prayers?

(Klaus and Rebekah looks at each other)

Stefan: Why don't we just skip with the theatrics and get right to the point?

Klaus: Not quite yet. Because in order to find this w*apon, we need to solve the puzzle, which seems to have disappeared

Stefan: What puzzle?

(Klaus looks at him)

Stefan: The tattoo. What is it?

Klaus: A map. Leading us to its treasure

Rebekah: Fat lot of good a tattoo's going to do if we can't see it

Klaus: We can't, but someone else can. Why don't you tell the hybrid to bring him in, love? You see, the hunter was so eager to get to the bottom of his mystery tattoos that he mentioned there was only one other person who could see them

(A hybrid enters with Jeremy. Stefan rushes to get to him but Klaus is faster)

Klaus: I wouldn't. Lucky for us, young Jeremy here is a bit of an artist

Jeremy: I'm not helping you with anything

Klaus: I'm afraid you are
[Whitmore College]

(Elena, Damon and Bonnie arrive at the party, all dressed-up. A guy meets them at the entrance, a big glass in his hand)

Guy: Hey. I'm Frankie. Unassuming serial k*ller

Damon: I'm Jack. And these are the two lovely ladies I just... Rippered

Frankie: Welcome to the m*rder house. Bloody Mary's free until midnight. Enjoy yourselves

Damon: Well, hats off to these idiots

(He sees Professor Shane)

Damon: Oh, look, there's Professor creepy

Bonnie: His name is Professor Shane, and he's not creepy. I'm going to go talk to him

Damon: You do that

(She gives him her glass and goes rejoin the professor)

Damon: Inebriated sleaze balls all covered in blood. Come on, pick one

(She looks around and sees a guy put something in a girl's drink while she isn't looking)

Elena: I think I found one

Damon: Roofie guy? Nice choice. Go get 'em

(She goes towards him and runs into him)

Elena: I'm sorry. Drink?

Guy: Sure

(She looks at him, smiling and leaves. He follows her. She's alone, drinking. He's with her)

Guy: Great party, right?

Elena: Yeah

(He comes toward her but she pushes him against a wall. She compels him)

Elena: You're not going to make a sound

(She bites him and drinks. Damon enters)

Damon: Now remember, the idea is not to k*ll him. Elena! Elena, step away from the ledge. Elena!

(She stops and compels the guy)

Elena: Leave and forget about this

(She smiles and wipes her mouth)

Damon: Nice touch. How do you feel?

Elena: I feel good

(She smiles. Damon seems happy about it. She embraces him, laughing)

Elena: I want more

[Klaus' Mansion]

(Connor is still chained up. Jeremy is drawing his tattoo)

Connor: You set me up at the hospital. Led me to a trap. Why?

Jeremy: You were trying to hurt people who are important to me

Connor: Important to you? That vampire just threatened to k*ll you. I don't understand how you could see the tattoo if you're a sympathizer

Jeremy: What exactly do you understand? 'Cause a couple days ago, you seemed to have all the answers and now you're no jack. Where did this tattoo come from? Why am I the only one who can see it?

Connor: Years ago, I met someone with a mark. Claimed he had this intense desire to k*ll vampires. Like it was ingrained in his DNA. Told me the same thing I told you... if I could see the mark, I was a potential

Jeremy: Who was he?

Connor: Just a guy I served in Iraq with. I lost track of him, and then one day... The tattoo just showed up on me. It started on my hand, but the more vampires I k*lled, the more it spread, like... Like it was trying to tell me something. I just... I just don't know what

(Klaus, Stefan and Rebekah are still sitting at the table)

Stefan: So tell me more about this tattoo

Klaus: My sister's suitor was unwilling to tell us anything. Rebekah, however, was more than willing to... Investigate, isn't that right?

Flashback

(Rebekah is in bed with Alexander. They're kissing. She touches his chest and looks at the symbol)

Rebekah: How do you read these symbols?

Alexander: The map took my brothers and I years to translate. The sword... Is the key to reading it. Have you considered my offer? To come with me when I leave to follow the map?

Rebekah: I have. And I would like that very much

(He smiles and she kisses him. She sees a dagger and a vial of ash on the nightstand)

Rebekah: What is that?

Alexander: Oh, that? That... Is a very special w*apon. For a very special kind of vampire. When my brotherhood has achieved its destiny, those monsters will cease to exist. Until then, we have the daggers

Rebekah: Do you really believe they're all so evil they must be put down?

Alexander: Let us not talk of such evil. Let us do this

(He kisses her)

Alexander: Mmm. And this

(They kiss again)

Alexander: And this

(He drives the dagger through her heart. She's desiccating)

Nowadays

[Klaus' mansion]

Klaus: My sister's boyfriend threw a slumber party that night. He and his brothers put us all down in our sleep. Elijah, Kol, Finn... And me

Rebekah: How was I supposed to know?

(He raises his glass)

Klaus: Cheers. To my sister's uncanny ability to choose men

Stefan: I thought the daggers didn't work on you because of your werewolf side

Klaus: They don't

Flashback

(Rebekah wakes up. Klaus is there, covered in blood)

Rebekah: What happened?

Klaus: Ask him

(He moves. Alexander is dead, stabbed by his own sword against the wall. Rebekah is shocked)

Klaus: Only, he cannot answer because I have ripped out his tongue, along with the rest of them

Rebekah: Nik, I had no idea!

Klaus: But you should have. Your only family was nearly wiped out because of your stupidity! What did he promise you?

Rebekah: Nothing. Nothing

Klaus: He would not have made a move unless he knew you were vulnerable. You trusted him... Over me! What did he promise you?

Rebekah: Nothing, Nik, I swear!

Klaus: What did he promise you?! Tell me, Rebekah!

Nowadays

[Klaus' Mansion]

Klaus: Go ahead, Rebekah, tell him. Tell him what the hunter told you the tattoo leads to. What's this great w*apon that could bring about the end of the vampire species?

Rebekah: A cure. He said there was a cure

Stefan: There is no cure for vampirism

Rebekah: I'm telling the truth, Stefan

Stefan: Then why wouldn't you have searched for it, found it?

Klaus: Because when the hunters drew their final breath that night, the marks disappeared from their body. The map was gone, the brotherhood of the five extinct. For 900 years, there was not a whisper of another hunter until our friend in there showed up in town

Rebekah: Well, now we have the map, what do we do next?

Klaus: We don't do anything. You can't be trusted, little sister. You'll be blabbing this secret to the first boy who calls you pretty. I mean, it's pathetic, really, isn't it? How she continues to hand her heart to any man who shows her a hint of affection. You think she would have learned by now from the endless cycle of disappointment and deception!

Rebekah: But I haven't! Instead I stay with you and let you leech every moment of happiness from my life. You know, at least I fared better than Finn. Klaus left him daggered because he was tired of his judgment

Klaus: No, Finn was a dullard. He's more interesting lying in a box

Rebekah: You want the cure for Elena, don't you? So you can go back to mass producing your hybrids. That's why you brought Stefan in, 'cause you knew he'd help you even though he hates your guts. You know what, you can shove your cure

(She leaves. Klaus smiles and looks at Stefan)

Stefan: Well, I hope you got what you wanted out of her before you chased her off

Klaus: She never would have told me what I needed to know. But she'll tell you

Stefan: What do you need me to find out?

Klaus: The map is useless without the tool to decipher it

Stefan: The sword

Klaus: She knows where it is. And you're going to get her to tell you. You have a chance to save Elena from the very thing that's going to destroy her. You can call it a deal with the devil if you like but you know you won't walk away from it

[Whitmore College]

(Professor Shane and Bonnie enter his classroom)

Professor Shane: I put your grandmother's stuff around here somewhere. There were a couple family photos and a first edition Stephen king. Did you know she liked "cujo"?

Bonnie: This is amazing. It's all stuff you picked up on your travels?

Professor Shane: Yeah. I, uh, I do this thing. It's like a one man traveling occult exhibit to small towns. It funds my crazy Indiana Jones adventures

(She looks at a picture of her and her grandmother)

Professor Shane: Do you practice? Like she did? I'm a true believer. Just don't tell anyone

Bonnie: No, I don't practice. Not anymore. I lost control of myself and there were consequences

Professor Shane: Witches love their consequences, don't they? You know, there are other ways to practice magic. If you're interested

Bonnie: Are you...

Professor Shane: No. No, no, no. I'm just, uh, I'm just a guy with a very open mind who has seen a lot of things. And I'm willing to test some of them out. If you are

(Damon and Elena are dancing and drinking blood. She's dancing with a girl and compels her)

Elena: Don't scream. This isn't going to hurt

(She bites her neck and drinks her blood. She releases her, dances and smiles. Damon rejoins her and they dance together. They both have blood on their mouthes. She licks her finger while they dance. Bonnie enters and watches them. Elena sees her. Bonnie watches her, shocked. Elena stops)

Elena: Oh my god

(Damon touches her face)

Elena: Oh my god

(She leaves. Damon watches her leaves. She passes by Bonnie)

Elena: I have to get out of here

(She leaves. Bonnie watches Damon. He dances)

[Klaus' Mansion]

(Klaus enters the room where Connor is imprisoned. Jeremy is still drawing. Klaus looks at the drawing)

Klaus: Nice lines. Now, if you could just hurry it up a little bit

Jeremy: I'm done

Klaus: What is this?

Jeremy: It's the tattoo

Klaus: I've seen the tattoo, you repugnant punk. There's more to it

Jeremy: That's all of it. He said every time he kills a vampire, it spreads

(Klaus looks at Connor)

Klaus: Nate!

(A hybrid enters)

Klaus: Tell the girl to take Jeremy home. Keep this one alive at all costs

(He leaves. Jeremy leaves the room with the hybrid. Connor tries to get rid of his chains. The hybrid enters)

Nate: Looks like you got too much leash. You're not going anywhere, so you might as well stop the racket

(He tries to touch the chains but Connor bites his ear and has a piece in his mouth)

Nate: You're lucky I can't k*ll you. Freak

(He leaves and slams the door. Connor takes the hybrid's piercing from his mouth)

[Whitmore College]

(Elena is outside with Bonnie)

Elena: Who am I? Why am I acting like this?

Bonnie: Because you listened to Damon and Damon makes everything he wants sound like a good idea

Elena: I should be here with Stefan. I shouldn't be here with him. I should be going through all this with Stefan

(Damon arrives)

Damon: I'm guessing we should hit the road

Bonnie: You were supposed to help her, and you let her get completely out of control

Damon: She's not out of control, she was having fun

Bonnie: This isn't fun. She's acting like a different person!

Damon: She is a different person! She's a vampire. We're a predatory species. We enjoy the hunt, the feed, and the k*ll. And when the guilt gets too bad, we switch off our humanity and we revel in it

Bonnie: Is that what you want? Her to be like you?

Damon: She already is like me. And you know what makes me able to drink my fill and leave someone breathing and not rip my head off like my brother, is that I can revel in it. I can make it fun

(He leaves)

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan is in the living room. Rebekah enters)

Rebekah: I got your message. I'm sorry. I know you wanted my help. He just...Makes me so angry

Stefan: No one deserves to be treated that way

Rebekah: I wanted it back then. The cure. I was willing to leave behind my family for it. Would you take it if you had the chance? Or is it just for Elena?

Stefan: Part of me wishes that she and I can have an eternity together but Damon's right. There's not a single vampire who hasn't k*lled a human. Elena will k*ll. And then there will be the pain, and the guilt, and then...

Rebekah: The humanity switch

Stefan: Elena, she's driven by love. By compassion. When she turns off her humanity, then I don't think we'll ever get her back. So I'd do anything to save her

Rebekah: I envy that. You and Elena. I envy the love you have. I really did believe Alex when he said he loved me. He promised we'd be married. We even picked out a church. San Vittore in Brienno. I know you want my help, Stefan. But I just can't do anything that lets my brother get what he wants

Stefan: I never did answer your question. If it meant that I got to be with her... Have children, grow old with her... If it meant that we'd die together, be buried together... Then, yes. I'd take the cure

Rebekah: I buried him. Even after everything. I laid him to rest in the place where we would be married. What kind of hopeless fool does that? Ohh. But that's what you wanted to know, isn't it? Because I buried him with his sword

(Klaus enters)

Klaus: I'm sorry, little sister, but you're right. You really are a hopeless fool

Stefan: I'm sorry, Rebekah

Rebekah: Go right ahead. Laugh at the girl who loved too easily. Well, I would rather have lived my life than yours, Nick. No one will ever sit around the table telling stories about a man who couldn't love. Do it. Look me in the eye and do it, you coward! Do it!

(He drives the dagger though her heart and she dies. Stefan covers Rebekah's body)

Klaus: I have a plane waiting. I'll get the sword. My hybrids will keep an eye on Connor. You put Rebekah somewhere no one will find her and make sure Jeremy forgets everything he heard today

Stefan: I'll take care of it

Klaus: No one must know about the cure, do you understand? Not Damon, not Elena. Nobody. If this gets out, it could mean all our deaths. So if you tell anyone, I'll erase each and every memory from all of you

Stefan: I won't say anything

Klaus: It's just you and me in this, Stefan. Some secrets are stronger than family

[Gilbert's House]

(Damon and Elena arrive)

Damon: Well then. Good night

Elena: Damon… I'm sorry. Things got a little heated at the party, and... I shouldn't have let that happen. It's just that I... I feel like...

Damon: what do you feel, Elena?

Elena: When you tell me what a vampire should be, deep down, I believe you. I think that you're right, and I... I hate that feeling. Because I don't want to be...

Damon: You don't want to be like me

(They look at each other and Stefan opens the door)

Elena: Hey

Stefan: Hey

Elena: What are you doing here?

Stefan: Just hanging out with Jeremy. We had a couple things to talk about

Damon: Any news on the hunter?

Stefan: No. No, nothing new

Damon: Then today was a bust. She's all yours

(He leaves)

Stefan: So, uh... What happened?

Elena: I learned how to feed without hurting someone. It was awful. You were right, I... Got caught up in it

Stefan: Ah, it'll get easier

Elena: But I don't want it to get easier. I can't live like this. Stefan, I'm... Feeling things that I don't... I don't want to feel, and I'm becoming someone that I don't want to be. I don't think I'm going to survive this

Stefan: Hey. Yes, you will. I promise

Elena: No

Stefan: You just have to hold on

[Klaus' Mansion]

(Nate the hybrid enters. He's on the phone)

Nate: Yeah, I got it. I'll keep him fat and happy. You should send two more for protection. Make that three

(He hangs up. Connor arrives from behind and strangles him with a chain. He finally rips his head off. The tattoo spreads)

[Whitmore College]

(Professor Shane is reading something. Connor enters)

Professor Shane: Shouldn't you be in Mystic Falls k*lling vampires?

Connor: Why the hell did you send me there?