04x10 - After School Special

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

04x10 - After School Special

Post by bunniefuu »

[Mystic Falls High School]

(All the students are gathered in the gym, holding candles. Liz is paying tribute to Carol)

Sheriff Forbes: Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness, in times of tragedy, leads to healing. That one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than just a mayor. She was... An open-minded friend... And a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident

(Tyler gets up)

Tyler: Screw this

(He leaves. Elena and Bonnie look at Caroline)

Sheriff Forbes: Please join me in observing a minute of silence in her memory

(Elena turns her head and sees Rebekah. She's surprised and when she looks again, she's gone)

Bonnie: Are you okay?

Elena: I'll be right back

(She leaves)

Sheriff Forbes: Thank you very much. In the wake of this tragedy, the town has selected an interim mayor. Many of you already know him. Please welcome Mr. Rudy Hopkins

(The students applaud and Rudy Hopkins rejoins Liz)

Rudy: Thank you, sheriff. Carol Lockwood put this town first, and that's why I'm here to talk to you guys. You folks...

(Elena is alone in the hallway. She hears a noise and hears someone crying. She follows it and finds April at her locker)

Elena: April? What's wrong?

April: Nothing. I'm fine

Elena: But you're crying

April: It's just the whole mayor thing. You know, it's bringing up stuff with my dad. And I know you're a vampire

Elena: Wait. What?

(Rebekah arrives from behind and breaks her neck)

April: Was that necessary?

Rebekah: No, but it was fun

(Caroline is outside on the phone with Stefan. He's at the Mystic Grill, drinking)

Caroline: Hey, you just missed the mandatory all-school assembly

Stefan: Well, that's because I'm at a mandatory all-alone drinking party

Caroline: Seriously? You decided to go on a ripper bender now?

Stefan: My brother slept with Elena. Kind of puts a little bit of a damper on things

Caroline: First of all, you are not supposed to know that. Second of all, Tyler is already spiraling, and he gets priority

Stefan: His mother just d*ed. What do you expect?

Caroline: I'm his girlfriend. I expect him to talk to me. But instead he's all angry, and it doesn't help that everyone keeps referring to his mother's death as an accident, which is really just a polite way of saying that she was drunk

Stefan: You think Klaus k*lled her?

Caroline: Well, I don't think she drowned in a Martini glass. Just get it together. I can't do it alone

(Elena wakes up in the library. April rejoins her)

April: The assembly's over

Elena: What the hell's going on?

April: The school will be empty soon. How many times did you compel me? Don't... Just don't lie. Rebekah says you lie

Elena: Rebekah's not who you think she is, April

April: What, she's not a thousand-year-old original vampire?

Elena: Listen, we can figure this out, ok, but we have to get out of here

(She tries to leave but Rebekah's here)

Rebekah: Sorry. Not allowed. Why don't you take a seat? The rest of the class will be here shortly

[Gilbert's Lake House]

(Jeremy and Matt are fighting for training. Damon is here too listening to his voicemails)

Elena: Hey, it's me. Look, I know why you sent me away. You think that what I'm feeling for you is because of the sire bond, but I hate not being near you

(Jeremy is ready to fight and looks at Matt)

Jeremy: Go ahead. Make a move

Matt: I drove up here to be your wingman, not kick your ass

(He makes a move but Jeremy is stronger and throws him on the ground, strangling him)

Matt: Ah! Ok. I get it. I get it. You're a badass

(Jeremy releases him and looks at Damon)

Jeremy: Did you see that?

Damon: Couldn't miss it. It was in slow motion

Jeremy: Then teach me something useful. We've been here for days, and so far all you've done is bark orders

Damon: Okay. Take a seat at the bench, quarterback. Karate kid wants a sh*t at the tiger

Matt: Jeremy, you're not ready for this

(Damon throws the stake at Jeremy and he catches it. Jeremy att*cks Damon but he's faster and he strangles him from behind)

Damon: Now, all I have to do is apply a little pressure under your jaw

(A car arrives. It's a pizza delivery)

Damon: Really? Again?

(A girl comes out with a pizza box)

Girl: Double pepperoni 3 days in a row. You guys eat anything else?

Damon: Why? Are you offering?

(He pays her)

Damon: A little something extra cut off the pizza pipeline for a couple days. No matter how much they beg, don't come back

Girl: Sorry, guys

Jeremy: You're gonna starve us now?

Damon: If that's what it takes to make you a hunter. Now run around the lake, twice

(Jeremy does it. Damon looks at Matt)

Damon: Keep him company

Matt: I don't have to listen to you

Damon: You do if you want to eat

(Matt runs after Jeremy. Damon takes his phone and listens to the end of his voicemail)

Elena: Being near you, and I miss you, Damon. I wish you would just let me come to you

[Mystic Grill]

(Stefan phones rings. It's an unknown caller)

Stefan: What?

Rebekah: Guess who? I'm back, dagger-free, and I'm holding Elena hostage at the High School. Just thought you should know

Stefan: Who the hell was dumb enough to pull that dagger out of you?

Rebekah: I'll be asking the questions today. See you soon

(She hangs up. He calls Caroline)

Caroline: I'm only ready to talk to you if you're ready to rejoin civilization

Stefan: How would you like to drive the white oak stake through Rebekah's heart?

Caroline: If it means you're not drinking your way through the mystic grill, sure

(He leaves)

(Rudy and Liz are at a table)

Sheriff Forbes: So… First speech under your belt. Now for the fun part. Welcome to the world of careful cover-ups. We've ruled Carol's death as head trauma from a fall. That's the official autopsy

Rudy: She did not go gently, did she? Any leads?

Sheriff Forbes: We have ideas

Rudy: Let me guess. Sharp teeth and bad table manners?

Sheriff Forbes: You sure you want this? I mean, 6 people were offered this job before you. They all said no for a reason

Rudy: I'm saying yes for a reason, and my reason just walked in

(He looks at Bonnie)

Sheriff Forbes: I'll let you know what we find

Rudy: Thank you Sheriff

(Bonnie rejoins them)

Bonnie: Hey, sheriff. Hey, dad

(Liz leaves)

Bonnie: So… Far cry from being a traveling pharmaceutical rep

Rudy: I noticed a few of your friends missing from the assembly. So much for mandatory I guess, huh?

Bonnie: Dad, stop it. You can't come in here and start making rules

Rudy: I think this town could use a few more rules

Bonnie: You're forgetting I can help protect the town

Rudy: I am well aware of your gifts, Bonnie... But don't forget I'm your father. That means that I get to protect you

[Mystic Falls High School]

(Caroline is checking the classrooms and the hallway. She has the white oak stake in her hand. She texts Stefan to tell him it's clear. Someone passes with super speed and she turns herself)

(Stefan reads her text and checks another hallway and other classrooms. He hears a noise but he doesn't see anyone. He texts Caroline to tell her where Rebekah is and tells her that he'll distract her and she'll stake her. Rebekah materializes in front of him)

Rebekah: Hello, Stefan

Stefan: I'm here. What do you want?

Rebekah: The same thing I wanted when you helped make Klaus s*ab me

Stefan: The cure

(She pushes him against a locker but he pushes her back and strangles her)

Rebekah: I hope you're not waiting for Caroline to show up and stake me...

(She shows him the stake)

Rebekah: Because I already found her

(Rebekah enters the library with Stefan. Caroline, Elena and April are already there)

Elena: Stefan

(She gets up)

Rebekah: Did I say you could move? Class is in session. You've all been compelled. You know the rules. Answer my questions honestly, no disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town. Let's start with a little quiz. In the year 1114, my brother learned... thanks to yours truly... About a brotherhood of vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each k*ll. And these tattoos reveal what? Elena?

Elena: A map

Rebekah: Which led to, Caroline?

Caroline: A cure for vampirism

Rebekah: Perfect. We're all caught up. Stefan Salvatore, the last time we saw each other, you had a vampire hunter, but in order to decode the map, you needed the location of the hunter's sword, which you got out of me using some very dirty tricks assuming you found the sword, you must have found the cure, and yet you're all still vampires, which means something went wrong

(She looks at April, who's writing)

Rebekah: What are you doing?

April: You asked me to take notes

Rebekah: I wasn't being literal, darling. But now that you mention it, a flow chart would be nice, which means index cards and push pins. Go fetch

(April leaves)

Stefan: You're wasting your time. We don't know anything

Rebekah: So you just gave up? I thought you'd do anything to save Elena, even if it meant taking the cure yourself so you could grow old and die with her

(Elena is surprised)

Rebekah: Why do you look so surprised? I'm missing something. What is it?

Caroline: They broke up, okay? Now let us go

Rebekah: Wait. I'm confused. I thought Elena was your epic love, Stefan. I asked you what happened, and you have to tell me

Stefan: She slept with Damon

[Gilbert's Lake House]

(Jeremy loads a g*n and shows it to Damon)

Damon: Good… Now do it like your life depends on it 'cause it does

Jeremy: Don't act like you care about my life. You care about the hunter's mark and curing Elena so she's not sired to your ass

Damon: Both require you to be alive, which is why I've updated our relationship status to "it's complicated." You talked to her at all? Elena?

Jeremy: Maybe. Why? Running out of voicemails to listen to?

(Klaus arrives)

Klaus: I'm sorry. Did I interrupt play time?

Jeremy: What the hell are you doing here?

Klaus: I'm simply appreciating the sights and smells of nature, neither of which presently include rotting vampire flesh, so I'm a bit concerned. How many vampires has he k*lled?

Damon: If we throw Jeremy out into the world right now, he's chum

Klaus: Now, see, that's not a number. 12... that's a number. That's how many of my hybrids I slaughtered with my sword. 3... that's how many days it took to quell the urge to k*ll your brother, after he knowingly watched as I walked into a death trap. One… That's the number of purposes you serve. You are here to grow Jeremy's mark, so I ask again... How many vampires has he k*lled since he's been here?

Damon: Zero

Klaus: Hmm. That's a pity. I'm going to need that cure sooner rather than later, hybrid shortage and all. How can I help?

Damon: You know... Now that you mention it, Jeremy... Watch and learn

(He sh**t Klaus various times)

Damon: That's for Carol Lockwood

[Mystic Falls' High School]

Rebekah: So, vampire Elena is a trollop who likes bad boys, which explains why Stefan reeks of alcohol. But what it doesn't explain is why sweet, loving, innocent Elena could be so heartless towards Stefan. How could she hurt you like that? Answer, please

Stefan: She didn't know it at the time, but she was sired to Damon

Rebekah: A sire bond. Fascinating. And what do you think about that, Elena?

Elena: I think you're sad and bored and in desperate need of a hobby

Rebekah: You're hiding something. 'Fess up

Elena: I didn't sleep with Damon because of the sire bond. I slept with Damon because I'm in love with him

Caroline: What does any of this have to do with the stupid cure?

Rebekah: You're right. We got off the point. Stefan, how do I find the cure? Unless you'd rather talk about Damon and Elena all day

Stefan: There's a Professor. He knows where the cure is

Rebekah: Thank you. And, uh, where do I find this Professor?

[Whitmore College]

(Bonnie is in Shane's office)

Bonnie: Oh, and so now I'm "gifted"? He hates my witch heritage. That's why he travels all the time. He can't handle it and suddenly he wants to be a protective father? No, not like this. Come on. Distract me. Isn't there some... Magic therapy thing you haven't shown me yet?

Shane: Listen, Bonnie, I hate to tell you this... Actually, you know what? I take that back. I'm proud to tell you this. You don't need my help anymore. In fact... I was hoping to present this with a cupcake or something

(He gives her a necklace)

Shane: Happy graduation

Bonnie: It's beautiful

Shane: It's human bone. Legend says it was worn by the 2,000-year-old witch Qetsiyah, who drew on it... For strength. Bonnie, you have come so far so fast. If you trust my opinion, your magic is exactly where it needs to be

Bonnie: Does this mean I have to go home now?

Shane: It means I got a stack of papers I got to grade by tomorrow

Bonnie: I can take a hint. Thanks Shane

(She leaves and sees Kol in the corridor. She only recognizes him later)

Bonnie: Oh my god. Kol!

(She rushes to Shane's office but he's not there anymore)

Bonnie: Shane?

[Lockwood's Mansion]

(Tyler is alone, a glass in his hand. His phone rings. He gets up and answers)

Tyler: I told you I don't want to talk

Rebekah: I heard. You're keeping all that rage bottled up inside. Caroline's worried sick about you

Tyler: Rebekah?

Rebekah: Hello Tyler. I heard my brother made a real mess of your life. Believe me, I can relate. You have my condolences. In fact, why don't you come down to the high school so you can accept them in person?

Tyler: And why would I do that?

Rebekah: Because I have your girlfriend. Maybe you have a better sh*t at saving her than you did your mother

(Tyler throws his phone on the wall)

(Kol enters the library)

Kol: Sister…

(He sees Caroline, Elena and Stefan)

Kol: You're even worse than Klaus

Rebekah: Kol. Finally. Did you bring me what I asked for?

(Kol pushes Shane inside)

Rebekah: You must be Shane

[Gilbert's Lake House]

(Damon is outside, wildling by the fire. Klaus rejoins him)

Damon: If you're here for payback, go for it. But you'll be stuck baby-sitting the little hunter that could

Klaus: You know... If you adjust your angle a little bit, you'll find a sharper edge

Damon: I know how to whittle. Thanks. Now I know why those hybrids hated you. You are annoying

Klaus: Actually, I'm just perplexed as to why Jeremy hasn't k*lled any vampires

Damon: Darwinism, Klaus. He needs to be able to protect himself before we hunt down his first vampire nest

Klaus: And here was I, thinking you were the fun brother. Well, let's play a little game, shall we? Jeremy needs more victims, and there's a whole town of people down the road just waiting to be turned into vampires for the slaughter

Damon: You don't think that occurred to me, Klaus?

Klaus: The tragedy is, Damon, it did occur to you, yet you chose to ignore it. And my guess is you did it to impress Elena. Somehow, to honor her, you'll find a way to spare innocent lives and walk Jeremy down the moral high road. That's why I've already made the necessary corrections

Damon: What did you do?

(The pizza delivery girl knocks on the door. Matt opens the door)

Matt: Don't tell me he ordered another pizza

Girl: No, I'm just an idiot. I ran out of gas and my phone's dead. Think I could use yours?

Matt: Yeah, come on in. I'll run upstairs and grab my cell

(She can't enter. Jeremy arrives)

Jeremy: What are you doing here?

Matt: Car drama. Your friend just went to go get his phone

Jeremy: Well, I'm about to go take a shower, but you're more than welcome to wait inside

(She enters)

Girl: Thanks

(Kol and Rebekah push Shane in a broom closet)

Shane: Kol… And Rebekah Mikaelson, two members of the original vampire family. This is such a trip

(Rebekah compels him)

Rebekah: Where's the cure?

Shane: Compulsion won't work. It's a little trick I picked up in Tibet

Rebekah: Right. Well, we'll just have to do this the old-fashioned way. b*at him until he tells you where to find it

(Rebekah enters the library)

Rebekah: Still glued to your seats? Ooh, it's thick with tension in here. Let's spice things up a bit. Elena, truth or dare?

Stefan: We're done playing your stupid games, Rebekah

Rebekah: Truth or dare, Elena? You're compelled. Answer

Elena: Dare

Rebekah: I dare you to tell Stefan the truth about Damon

Caroline: Seriously?

Elena: Being with Damon makes me happy

Rebekah: Makes you happy? Clowns make you happy, Elena. Dig a little deeper

Elena: When I'm with him... It feels unpredictable, like... Like I'm free

Rebekah: And how do you feel when you're with Stefan?

Caroline: Stop!

Rebekah: She can't. She's compelled

Elena: Lately, I feel like I'm a project, like I'm a problem that needs to be fixed. I think I make him sad, and I can't be with someone like that because... When he looks at me, all he sees is a broken toy

Rebekah: Do you still love Stefan?

Elena: Yes

Rebekah: Are you still in love with Stefan?

Elena: No

(Rebekah looks at Stefan)

Rebekah: Did that hurt, having someone you love drive a dagger through your heart?

Stefan: Go to hell

Rebekah: Did... that... hurt?

Stefan: Yes

Rebekah: Welcome to the last 900 years of my life

(Tyler enters)

Rebekah: Ah, good, you're here. It was just getting depressing

Tyler: What the hell is going on?

Rebekah: Listen to the rules carefully. Stay in the building. No vamp-running in the hallways

Caroline: Vamp-running from what?

Rebekah: Turn

Elena: What?!

Caroline: But he can't. He'll lose control

Rebekah: That's the whole point. I've exhausted all your knowledge. Now I have the Professor to help me find the cure, you're just competition. Whoever finds it first gets to decide what to do with it: Use it, share it, destroy it, save it... I want that to be me

Tyler: But if I turn, I'll k*ll them

Rebekah: Yes, you will. Turn

[Gilbert's Lake House]

(Matt finds his cellphone)

Girl: Did you find your phone?

(She rushes over him and tries to bit him. She's a vampire. Jeremy enters. He catches her and kills her. Damon enters and Jeremy looks at him. He looks at his arm. His tattoo is growing)

(April is in the chemistry class. Bonnie enters)

April: Bonnie? How did you know everyone was here?

Bonnie: Who's everyone? I came to find Shane

April: Did you do a GPS magical spell or something?

(Bonnie is surprised)

April: Rebekah told me that you're a witch

Bonnie: Rebekah? What the hell is going on?

April: Rebekah has Stefan, Elena, and Caroline compelled. She's getting them to actually tell the truth for a change

Bonnie: What? Shane can't be compelled She'll have him t*rture him to find out what he knows

(She's looking for something)

April: What are you looking for?

Bonnie: I need salt

April: I think I just saw some. What are you doing?

Bonnie: If this pendant will connect me to Shane, then I can do a protection spell

(Kol immerses Shane hand in a tray of water)

Kol: Where is the cure?!

(He immerses his head once again and gets him out)

Kol: Where is the cure?

(He does it again and Rebekah enters and watches them. Kol gets him out)

Rebekah: You're human. Why do you want it anyway?

Shane: That's the beauty of this. You can have it. I just want Silas

Kol: No! What do you know about Silas?

Shane: He's the world's first immortal being, who just happens to be imprisoned with the cure and I want to free him

(Kol rushes toward the tray of water and puts his head in the water once again. Rebekah intervenes)

Rebekah: Stop! He's of no use dead

(Kol gets him out)

Kol: Did you not hear what he said? Silas will k*ll us all, sister

Rebekah: Silas does not exist. He is a fairy tale made up to scare children into eating their vegetables

Shane: Silas is very real. I know where he's buried, and soon I'll have the spell that wakes him

Kol: Wait a second. You're lying. You can't get to him without his...

Shane: Tombstone? Dozens to die in a blood sacrifice? Believe me, I know. I've done it. Those massacres are a pain to engineer

Rebekah: You're the one who got the council blown up

Shane: It was a noble sacrifice... And temporary because once I raise Silas... Silas will raise the dead. He will bring back every last soul... Who d*ed on his behalf

(Kol kills him)

Kol: No!

(April is suffering from the same wound as Shane)

Bonnie: April, oh, my God!

(Tyler is turning. Stefan takes Caroline and Elena and puts them aside)

Tyler: Wait. I can't fight it. Aah! Get out of here!

(They leave. Caroline runs and leaves. Stefan and Elena close the door)

Elena: That door's not gonna hold him

(Shane is dead)

Kol: You should be thanking me

Rebekah: You k*lled my only chance at finding the cure

Kol: Silas on the loose would be hell on earth. And frankly, sister... I don't think you could handle it

(He shows her the white oak stake)

Rebekah: How did you get that?

Kol: Way too easily

(April is unconscious)

Bonnie: Help! Someone help!

(Elena and Stefan enter)

Elena: Bonnie, what's going on?

Bonnie: She needs help

Stefan: What happened?

Bonnie: I did a protection spell, but it accidentally linked Shane to April

Elena: And you couldn't control it?

Bonnie: I didn't even know I was doing it. Usually I feel pain or I bleed, but this time I just felt more power

(Stefan makes April drink his blood and she wakes up. She panicked)

Stefan: It's okay, it's okay. You're ok. You're ok. You're ok. Ok. Bonnie, get her out of the school. Just be careful. Tyler is out there, and he turned

Bonnie: What about you?

Elena: No, we can't leave. Rebekah's compelled us

Stefan: Just go. We'll deal with her later

(Bonnie and April leave and Stefan closes the door)

Elena: Stefan…

Stefan: No

Elena: Stefan, we have to talk about this. Please

Stefan: Talk about what, huh? How many more ways are there for you to rip my heart out?

Elena: I'm sorry

Stefan: Sorry that it happened, or sorry that I found out?

Elena: I'm sorry about all of it. I'm really sorry, Stefan. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't want that

(Rebekah enters)

Rebekah: Why are my least favorite people always the most durable?

(Caroline enters the gym and finds Tyler, in his human form, lying naked on the ground. She rushes toward him)

Caroline: Tyler

Tyler: I'm so sorry

Caroline: It wasn't your fault

Tyler: Yes, it was. This whole thing. It's all my fault

Caroline: No, Tyler

Tyler: I should have saved her. Leave her out of this

(Rebekah looks at Stefan)

Stefan: Leave her out of this. This is between me and you

Rebekah: You're still protecting her? Must I rip your bleeding heart from your chest and show you the scar tissue that is Elena Gilbert?

(She looks at Elena)

Rebekah: There's a solution to all your problems, you know. I could compel him... Erase every memory he has of you. Every day you've spent together, every kiss, every lie, every ounce of pain. I can take away every bit of love he has for you, give you both a clean slate. Just say the word, and I'll make you and all that misery you've caused him disappear

Stefan: Do it

Rebekah: Excuse me?

Stefan: Erase it all. Every memory

Elena: Stefan, no

Stefan: I said do it

(Rebekah giggles)

Rebekah: No. That would be far too easy. I refuse to make you forget her the way Klaus made you forget me

(She looks at Elena)

Rebekah: But at least you know how he really feels

(She turns to look at Stefan)

Rebekah: Consider your eternity of pain my revenge, Stefan. I've used you for all you're worth. So now you're free to go

[Whitmore College]

(Shane is buttoning up is shirt. Bonnie enters)

Shane: Turns out I miscalculated. Kol's gonna be a problem

Bonnie: I almost k*lled someone, and that's what you miscalculated? April could've d*ed today

Shane: That's only because you didn't know the extent of your abilities

Bonnie: My father just became mayor. I can't be out doing black magic

Shane: That's not what expression is

Bonnie: Then what is it?

Shane: It's a way of doing magic that isn't monitored by nature or the spirits. It isn't good nor bad. But it also has no limits, so how you use it is up to you. That's what I'm here for... To help you. Bonnie, listen to me. You are the key to everything. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you

[The woods by the Gilbert's Lake House]

(Damon is burying the pizza delivery Girl's body. His phone rings. It's Elena. He answers)

Damon: Hope your day is going better than mine. Got to say, I'm liking the odds

Elena: Stefan knows about us

Damon: Oh. How'd he take it?

Elena: How do you think?

Damon: I'm thinking, for the first time all week, I'm happy to be at camp nowhere

Elena: How's Jeremy?

Damon: That depends on how much you trust me

Elena: You know that I trust you

Damon: Then I think he's gonna get through this just fine

Elena: Thanks for looking out for him

Damon: Yeah, well, I told them if they were good, I'd buy them both ice cream, so look, I got to go

Elena: Not yet. Something happened today. I realized something about you, about us. And you can say that it's the sire bond, and you know what? Maybe... maybe it is, but I'm telling you it's the most real thing that I've ever felt in my entire life. I love you, Damon. I love you

Damon: Look. I'm going to get this cure for you. And I'm gonna have to do things you're not gonna like

Elena: Damon…

Damon: But listen carefully. Get in your car, right now. Come to me

Elena: I'll be there soon

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan is in the living room. Rebekah enters)

Stefan: You let yourself in

Rebekah: You called me. Should I be checking for hidden daggers?

Stefan: Do you still want to find the cure?

Rebekah: More than anything. I want to ram it down Niklaus' throat and look into his eyes as he realizes he's mortal again. But Shane's dead and you are useless, so I'm right back where I started

Stefan: Shane's not dead

Rebekah: But I watched Kol impale him

Stefan: Well, you probably shouldn't have left him alone. Bonnie did a little spell. He's perfectly fine

Rebekah: You didn't have to tell me that. Why am I really here?

Stefan: You were right. I'm gonna be here for an eternity, and I will go insane if I don't know how Elena truly feels about my brother

Rebekah: If you really want the cure, you should know that Shane has an agenda, and it's a dark one. He said he organized dozens of people to die in sacrifice. He admitted to the council expl*si*n where 12 people d*ed, and I'm guessing it's not a coincidence that 12 hybrids d*ed at the hand of my brother

Stefan: 12… Channeling the energy from a mass death is used in witchcraft to perform dark spells. It's called expression. Shane admitted all this to you?

Rebekah: Proudly

Stefan: Well, then I guess we'll have to figure out how to manage him while we find the cure for ourselves

Rebekah: ‘'We''? There's no "we," Stefan

Stefan: Listen, I hate my brother, and you hate yours. But Damon's got Jeremy, and Klaus has the sword, and Shane has Bonnie. You and I are the only ones left with nothing. You said it yourself, right? Whoever finds the cure first gets to decide what to do with it. What do you say? You want to be partners?

[Mystic Grill]

April: My father had no reason to k*ll 11 people. He had no reason to k*ll himself. He loved me. He loved Mystic Falls. He was brainwashed into sparking that fire. Professor Shane organized his death and the 11 others who d*ed with him. It's time this entire town started telling the truth

[A bar]

(All the clients are dead. Jeremy, Damon and Matt enter. Klaus is at the bar)

Klaus: I was beginning to worry you boys wouldn't find the place

Jeremy: What the hell…?

Matt: Did you k*ll all these people?

Klaus: Not exactly. They're in transition. k*lling them is your job

(Jeremy looks at Damon)

Jeremy: You said you were going to convince Klaus to do this another way

Damon: I thought about it. And then I realized his idea was better