04x17 - Because of the Night

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

04x17 - Because of the Night

Post by bunniefuu »

Flashback

New York, 1970

(A man and a woman are walking)

Woman: You were right

Man: Told you

Woman: That was really good

Man: Yeah? Glad you liked it

Woman: Yeah. Thanks for inviting me

Man: Do it again next weekend?

Woman: If you're lucky

(They stop and see a man lying on the ground)

Woman: Oh, God. Is he... do you think he's dead?

Man: I don't know. Stay there

(The man lying on the ground disappears. The man looks around, hears some noise and sees the body of the woman, dead, lying on the ground)

Man: Oh, my God!

(The man lying on the ground was Damon)

Man: You're that serial k*ller, aren't you? The son of Sam

Damon: Son of Giuseppe, but close enough

(He kills him and leaves)

Nowadays,

[New York]

(Damon and Elena are walking in a crowded street)

Elena: You dragged me all the way to New York because you were feeling nostalgic?

Damon: No. I dragged you to New York because in a matter of 3 days you managed to piss off everyone in Mystic Falls. A little more difficult to do in a city of millions

Elena: I was hungry

Damon: You were reckless

Elena: Emotionless. There's a difference

Damon: Look. All that matters is that when I lived here I fed like crazy and had a blast and went undetected for years

Elena: So we're just here to have fun? What's the catch?

Damon: There's no catch. Look. You wanted out. I got you out. You wanted to feed, I brought you to a city-sized all-you-can-eat buffet. That's the beauty of New York. There's so much life that a little death goes unnoticed. Come on. Let's go get some lunch

(Damon is on the phone with Stefan)

Stefan: Wait. What do you mean you took her to New York?

Damon: And that tone is the reason I didn't pick up the phone the first 20 times you called

Stefan: Where is she now?

Damon: Out exploring. Maybe she's eating a hot dog... Vendor

Stefan: So I take it your search for Katherine is off

Damon: Relax, man. This little joy ride is actually a cure hunt. That vampire that Katherine sent after Hayley is a friend of mine. He lived in the city. Will gets vampires fake identities, and I'm sure that Katherine's one of his clients

Stefan: And Elena's ok with this little field trip? Just yesterday, she was living the vampire high life. She doesn't want the cure

Damon: That's why I didn't tell her

Stefan: Damon, if she finds out you're still looking for it, she'll bolt

Damon: I'm aware of that, Stefan. What I'm hoping is she's gonna be so wasted on booze and blood that she won't even think about it

Stefan: Don't underestimate her

Damon: If I can handle you when you flip your switch, I can handle her. Trust me

Stefan: Listen to me. She's ruthless without her humanity. The cure's the fastest way to get it back

Damon: Just be a good brother and keep Mystic Falls afloat for me and let me do my thing. You've got an immortal named Silas to deal with, remember?

[Salvatore’s House]

(Caroline is cleaning the house and drinks what is left in a cup. Klaus enters)

Klaus: Desperate times I take it

Caroline: What are you doing here?

Klaus: Not judging you for starters, although if you are determined to get drunk, then perhaps I might recommend something a little more sanitary

(She drinks again)

Klaus: Well, then. You showed me

Caroline: Shouldn't you be out chasing Tyler to the ends of the earth, or are there some hopes and dreams you want to crush around here?

Klaus: Depends. Do you happen to know where the young Brutus is?

Caroline: I know where he's not... with me. He gave Matt the deed to the house, so he's gone for good

Klaus: Tyler made it his life's mission to k*ll me. You can't hate me for driving him away

Caroline: No. I can, and I do. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to spiraling, so go away

(Stefan rejoins them)

Stefan: Actually, I asked him to be here. We need his help. I think Silas is in Mystic Falls

[Bonnie’s House]

(Bonnie is with Silas/Shane)

Silas/Shane: Ok, come on .Take a deep breath. And 5, 4...

Bonnie: I can't do this

Silas/Shane: Bonnie, relax, ok? Trust me

Bonnie: How can I trust you if you won't show me your real face? Don't you think it's a little creepy that you're appearing as my dead professor?

Silas/Shane: I told you that I'm Silas, I told you Shane d*ed on the island. I'm trying to earn your trust. All right. Look. You invited me into your home, right? Why? Why'd you lie to your friends and tell them everything was fine? Why did you convince your dad that you needed Professor Shane's help to control your magic? What am I doing here?

Bonnie: You're in my head. You're making me see things and do things

Silas/Shane: Hey. Now. See? Look. I'm strong, but you're a witch, and I can't force you to do anything that you don't already want to do. You care about Jeremy, right?

Bonnie: Yeah

Silas/Shane: Yeah. You were with him, and you promised to protect him, but you failed, and now in order to bring him back...

Bonnie: I need to get rid of the other side

Silas/Shane: You are descended from Qetsiyah, one of the most powerful witches of all time. Only you can complete the triangle and cast the spell

Bonnie: Completing the triangle means k*lling 12 people

Silas/Shane: 12 people you can bring back. Bonnie, you can do this for Jeremy

[Salvatore’s House]

Klaus: So some blood went missing from a few hospitals. What about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overindulge in human blood, or were you the exception?

Stefan: It’s not Elena

Klaus: Well, let's say for a moment that it was Silas. I'm struggling to see how this affects me

Stefan: Look. Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the other side

Klaus: How Shakespearian

Stefan: But if he destroys the other side altogether, he can take the cure, die, and pass on, but in destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side

Caroline: That means every werewolf, every witch, every vampire. I wonder how many of those you personally k*lled. Care yet?

Klaus: My interest is piqued. How do we stop him?

Stefan: Bonnie said Silas needs to complete 3 massacres to do this spell. Before Professor Shane d*ed, he convinced the pastor to blow up the council. Next, he had you k*ll your hybrids, and now he only needs one more m*ssacre, so if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him

[New York]

(Damon and Elena enter a bar)

Damon: Looks about right

Elena: I was promised hedonism

Damon: Well, it's early. Hedonism isn't a big fan of the sunlight

Elena: Or soap

Damon: Easy, Judgy. Not everybody got a hot new haircut today. Give it a couple of hours. This place will be crawling with more punked-out nihilists than you can eat in a decade, trust me

Elena: How do you know?

Damon: Because I spent most of the seventies here. The factory was too clean, CBGB's was too high-profile, but Billy's... Billy's was the underground of the underground

Flashback

New York, 1977

[A club]

(A band is performing. Everybody dances. Damon goes to the bar and puts to ID’s on it)

Damon: There you go

Will: Two for one. Rock 'n' roll

Damon: That's the third 5'7" brunette I've gotten from you, Billy boy. Is that the same client?

Will: She's a runner. Some vampires need more identities than others

(Two men fight. Damon looks at them)

Will: Hey. Be discrete

Damon: I k*ll people and give you their I.D.S, you let me feed in your club. Discretion was never part of the deal

(He’s about to k*ll one of the guys but someone stops him)

Damon: Lexi?

Lexi: You're gonna feed on him right here? You're getting sloppy, Damon

Nowadays

[New York]

(A bar)

Elena: You got Lexied?

(Rebekah intervenes and presses Damon’s head against the table)

Rebekah: Following a lead without me? Poor form, Damon. I have to say I'm a little hurt, Damon. I thought we made a good team. Not without its fireworks, but what classic pairing isn't?

Elena: Wait. What the hell are you talking about?

Rebekah: Damon's following a lead to the cure. I'm following him. Notice your name never came up

Elena: You're doing what?

Damon: How does it feel to be wrong all the time? I brought Elena here to feed. I mean, Mystic Falls isn't exactly vamp Xanadu right now

Rebekah: Right. So you drove 7 hours to New York City?

Damon: Yes, and as I was explaining to Elena before we were so rudely interrupted, that my history in this city has a particular resonance to her current situation. When I had my humanity off

Flashback

New York, 1977

[A club]

(Damon and Lexi are outside)

Lexi: That explains it. Your switch is flipped

Damon: I can't even hear my prey over your constant babbling

Lexi: You're not even covering your tracks. We heard about you back in Mystic Falls

Damon: So Stefan sent you. Hmm. I thought we were on the off part of our endless on-again, off-again, eternity-of-misery cycle

Lexi: Lucky for you he cared just enough to send me. So why'd you flip it? What traumatic event was too much for Damon Salvatore to handle?

Damon: "Leave it to beaver." The fifties bored me

Lexi: Well, it's the seventies now, and keeping it off is gonna get you caught and k*lled

Damon: And I'll chance it

Lexi: I won't. I promised Stefan...

Damon: Look, you and Stefan have a thing. He falls off the wagon, you pick him up. He's redeemed; you get your Florence nightingale jollies, ok?

Damon: But that's not me. I'm not him. I don't want or need you

Lexi: Too bad because you got me

Nowadays

[New York]

Rebekah: Wow. She sounds dreadful

Damon: She had a mother Teresa complex

Elena: So let me guess. After many dark nights with Lexi, she convinced you to turn your emotions back on, and that's exactly what you plan to do with me

Damon: You read the last page of a book first, too? I'm gonna get a drink, many drinks

(He goes to the bar)

Rebekah: So you really buy all this?

Elena: Not one bit. I know he's after the cure. I'm not stupid

Rebekah: Well, let's not say things we don't mean

Elena: Damon is like a dog with a bone. Stefan, too. They won't give up until they find the cure and then make me take it. So I guess I'm gonna have to find it first

Rebekah: You're playing him

Elena: No. He's playing me. I'm just returning the favor

[Shane’s office]

(Stefan, Caroline and Klaus enter)

Caroline: What are we even looking for?

Stefan: Well, if Shane really was working with Silas, chances are he was helping him plan his next move

Caroline: Where, on his evil villain to-do list... steal blood, perform 3 massacres, pick up dry cleaning?

Klaus: Actually not to nit-pick, but we evil villains usually use minions to pick up our dry cleaning, that sort of thing

Caroline: Why is he necessary again?

Stefan: Well, we don't know what Silas can do, so if we do have to go head to head with him, an original hybrid who can't die might come in handy

Klaus: Besides, Stefan and I work well together, or at least we did in the twenties

Stefan: Well, granted my emotions were off

Klaus: And that's why you were more fun just as Damon is probably relishing in Elena's emotionless company in New York

Stefan: My brother knows what he's doing

Klaus: Does he? Don't underestimate the allure of darkness, Stefan. Even the purest hearts are drawn to it. Still, I'm sure it will all be fine

Caroline: I think I found something. "Symbolic figures in the dark arts." Didn't Bonnie talk about expression triangles? Here

(Stefan reads)

Stefan: "In some schools of magic such as expression, human sacrifice can be used as a focus for power. It's rumored that the addition of two supernatural sacrifices compounds the mystical energy, creating an expression triangle."

Caroline: Humans... that was the council fire. Demons... Klaus' hybrid failure

Klaus: Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a failure. What’s the third?

Caroline: Oh, no

[Bonnie’s House]

(Bonnie is still with Silas/Shane)

Bonnie: You want me to k*ll witches?

Silas/Shane: We've been over this. It's temporary. They'll come back

Bonnie: What if I'm not strong enough?

Silas/Shane: You are strong enough. Look. It won't be easy. Once they realize how strong you are, they'll channel each other one by one using spirit magic till they can strip you of expression. You have to endure them until all 12 are linked as one

(They hear the front door)

Silas/Shane: Listen. Your dad's here. We have to convince him

(Rudy enters)

Rudy: Hey. How was the session?

Silas/Shane: To be honest, not that great. The meditation isn't really working. Her magic's too strong

Rudy: You told me you could help her

Bonnie: Dad, it's... it's not his fault

Rudy: Not his fault? He's the one who taught you this magic, and now he can't control it

Silas/Shane: Listen. We have an idea

Rudy: I'm done listening to your ideas. I want you to get out of my house

Bonnie: Dad!

Silas/Shane: We just call on the spirits

Rudy: I want you out of my house! What the hell is happening to her?

Silas/Shane: This happened to my wife. Expression consumed her. She had no control

Bonnie: I need you to call mom. We need witches, a lot of them

[New York]

(The club is filled. A band is performing. Elena, Damon and Rebekah are at a table, drinking)

Elena: Is this allowed? What would Lexi say?

Damon: Lexi thought the only way I would turn my emotions back on was if I started enjoying my life again

Rebekah: Do not tell me she took you to Bon Jovi concerts, too

Damon: No. Wrong decade. Lexi was not allowed to feed with Stefan. I didn't have that problem, and neither do you

Elena: I'm hungry

Damon: Pick

(She picks a girl and compels her)

Elena: Don't scream

(She bites her and drinks her blood. Damon drinks with her and stops. He looks at Rebekah)

Damon: Your turn

(Rebekah rejoins them and drinks on the girl with Elena. Damon leaves them. Elena stops and watches Damon leave through a door for staff only)

(Damon enters an apartment)

Damon: Ugh. Packrat. Thanks Will

[The Woods]

(Bonnie rejoins a woman)

Bonnie: Is it just you?

Woman: This place wasn't easy to find

Bonnie: Figured you wouldn't want to draw attention

Woman: It will work. I'm Aja

Bonnie: You friends with my mom?

Aja: I was. After she became a vampire, we didn't have a whole lot in common

Bonnie: So she's not coming

Aja: This is witch business. Look. I know you're scared, but I've dealt with expression before. I know the hold it can have on you

Bonnie: It's not that. I'm just... I'm strong. You won't be able to do this alone

Aja: Oh, honey, who said anything about being alone? There's almost nothing as strong as a full coven, so I brought 11 of my closest friends. Won't be fun, but we're gonna cleanse you. You ready? Let's do this

[New York]

(The band is still performing. Rebekah and Elena stop feeding. Elena compels the girl)

Elena: Leave

(The girl leaves)

Rebekah: Looks like Damon gave us the slip

Elena: Good. Hopefully he'll find whatever he's looking for, and then I can take it

Rebekah: And what if you can't? I mean, he is stronger than you. You know, I could help you. You want the cure off the table, I want to take it. We could work together

Elena: Work together? Don't you hate me?

Rebekah: I hated the moral, self-righteous version of you, but this one's not so bad. Maybe it's your new haircut

Elena: Do you remember what it's like to be human... weak, fragile? Why would you want to go back to that?

Rebekah: Because someday, I want a family' of my own

Elena: And that's exactly why I don't want your help. The best part of having no emotions is that I can think rationally. I'll do whatever it takes to get this done. You're the opposite, a pile of neuroses and insecurities, hopes and dreams. You're basically one big emotional variable that I just don't really need

Rebekah: You just made me miss the old Elena
[Shane’s office]

Caroline: There's been two massacres. Pastor Young's farm is here, and the old Lockwood cellar, where you spitefully slaughtered 12 of your own hybrids, is here. According to the book, the expression triangle is equilateral, putting it here

Klaus: Somebody's been skipping their geometry classes. There are actually two places where the third m*ssacre could be

Caroline: Well, you didn't let me finish

(Stefan enters)

Caroline: Hey. What's going on? Did you find Bonnie?

Stefan: No, but I talked to her dad. I think I found Silas

[The woods]

(Bonnie is lying on the ground. Aja is holding her head)

Aja: Call out to the sprits, Bonnie. Let them in. Phesmatos tribum... aah!

Bonnie: I can't. It's hurting. It hurts! Ohh!

Aja: It's because you've rejected the spirits. The expression's consumed you. Phesmatos tribum nas ex viras...

Bonnie: I changed my mind

Aja: Purgal animum sous...

Bonnie: I don't want to do this anymore!

Aja: Obscarus!

Bonnie: Let me go!

Aja: She's fighting. I need help. Link with me. Lend me your power

All: Phesmatos repallus tantian...

(Bonnie screams)

All: Maltuscanum anium par vas

Aja: We need more strength!

All: Phesmatos repallus tantian maltuscanum anium par vas

[New York]

(Damon is in Will’s apartment and on the phone with Stefan)

Damon: So Silas is appearing as Professor Shane. Wouldn't be my first choice

Stefan: Well, it would be if you needed to brainwash Bonnie into committing a m*ssacre

Damon: You need me to come home?

Stefan: No we got it. How's the cure search going?

Damon: Well... Not great. I mean, it's no m*ssacre in the making, but Rebekah trailed us here. Then in addition to my buddy being a brilliant identity thief, he's also a hoarder

Stefan: What are you trying to find?

Damon: Will had a repeat customer, 5'7" brunette. Said she was a runner

Stefan: Katherine

Damon: Turns out I was helping her run from me. Ironic. Problem is I'm pretty sure that his filing system goes by birthdate, but I can't for the life of me remember Katherine's

Stefan: June 5, 1473

Damon: And that, brother, is why you are the better boyfriend

(He finds the file)

Damon: Well, will you look at that? It's all her former addresses, including a couple from the last two months. I mean, they're mostly P.O. boxes, but, hey, it narrows the search

Stefan: Well, you're welcome. So you headed back now?

Damon: No. Tomorrow morning. Got to keep up the ruse for the terrible twosome outside, pretend like I'm having a good time

Stefan: And you're not?

Damon: I'll tell you tomorrow

(He hangs up and Elena enters)

Damon: Sorry. I needed some quiet. Couldn't hear Stefan over the runaways 2.0

Elena: Let me guess. He's worried

Damon: Jealous mainly. He's having acid flashbacks of me and Lexi in the seventies in New York. I'll tell you about it over a drink. Come on

Flashback

New York, 1977

[A club]

Damon (voice over): Lexi stuck with me for months, partying with me, showing me a good time, but late every night, she'd t*rture me in the worst way possible

Lexi: Tell me about her

Damon: No

Lexi: What did she look like, what did she sound like? Tell me everything you remember about her

Damon: Every night

Will: And that's my cue. You have a nice fight. Try not to break anything

(He leaves them)

Damon: Every night. Every night, we get wasted, and the second I bottom out, you have to bring up Katherine

Lexi: Because you loved her, and love is the most powerful emotion. If I can just get you to remember how you felt about her...

Damon: I don't want to remember. I mean, why do you care so much?

Lexi: Do you remember how we first met? It was 1864. Stefan had just k*lled you father, made you turn into a vampire, and he was k*lling his way through Mystic Falls. You hated him. Rightfully so, but before you left, you asked me to help him because no matter what happened, he was still your brother, and you cared about him. Now you need help, and he cares about you. We both do. Let me help you. Tell me about Katherine

Damon: Talking about Katherine's not gonna help me

Lexi: Why not?

Damon: Because she's not the person I care about

Liz: It flipped. The switch. Why didn't you tell me?

Damon: Because I barely felt it at first, but every night, it's gotten stronger. It worked. You worked

Nowadays

[New York]

(Damon and Elena are back at the bar)

Elena: You and Lexi? Here on the bar?

Damon: On the bar, on the stage, on the roof. It was a very long night

Elena: Yeeh

Damon: Where you going?

Elena: To the roof. I want to hear the rest of the story

Damon: Ok

[The woods]

(Klaus and Caroline are looking for the spot of the m*ssacre)

Caroline: I just want to see where we are

Klaus: You know, when we split up, you did have the option of going with Stefan

Caroline: Yeah? And leave Bonnie's life your hands? Fat chance. Do you even know how to read a map?

Klaus: Yes, and do you know who taught me? My friend Magellan

Caroline: Wow! You had a friend. Was he drawn to your darkness, too?

Klaus: Actually, I was referring to Damon and Elena when I said that, but clearly it struck a chord with you

Caroline: It's because it's not true! There is no allure to darkness

Klaus: Really? So you've never felt the attraction that comes when someone who's capable of doing terrible things for some reason cares only about you?

Caroline: I did once when I thought he was worth it, but it turns out some people can't be fixed. People who do terrible things are just terrible people

Klaus: We're here, although judging by the lack of witches, here is not the correct location

(Bonnie is still with the witches and she’s still hurting)

Aja: Yield to the spirits, Bonnie! You can't fight us!

(Stefan arrives)

Stefan: Stop it. It's not what you think

Aja: This is no place for a vampire

Stefan: She's working for Silas

Aja: Silas?

Stefan: He brainwashed her to k*ll you. Wait. What are you doing?

Aja: If Silas has her, she's lost. We can't save her

(He tries to stop her)

Aja: I have the power of 12 witches. You don't stand a chance!

(She uses her powers on him and he steps back in the trees. He’s rejoined by Klaus and Caroline)

Stefan: They're linked. Bonnie's gonna k*ll them

Klaus: Not if the witches k*ll her first

Caroline: Ugh! Klaus, we need to save her

Klaus: How? The only way to stop the witches is to k*ll them, and then Silas gets what he wants

Aja: Spirits, take her soul. Free her from darkness

(She’s about to k*ll Bonnie but Caroline intervenes and kills her. All the witches die along with her)

Caroline: Bonnie! Bonnie!

Bonnie: The triangle is complete

[New York]

(Damon and Elena are on the rooftop)

Elena: It's beautiful up here. I could do this, you know? The Lexi method. Hang with you, party with you. It wouldn't be the worst way to turn my emotions back on

Damon: I thought you hated emotions

Elena: I do. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to... Spend more time with you. I've never done it on a rooftop before

Damon: You're not missing much

Elena: You don't have to take the high road, Damon. I'm not sired to you anymore. I want this. You want this.

(She tries to take the paper from his back pocket discretely)

Elena: What?

Damon: You really think that was gonna work, the sex, the temptation, the booze? What, are you kidding me? I invented that trick

Flashback

New York, 1977

[A rooftop]

(Damon and Lexi are lying on a mattress. She’s b*rned by the sun and rushes to the door but can’t open it)

Damon: Good luck! Spent all night reinforcing it. It was tough. Had to be really quiet not to wake you up

Lexi: What is this?

Damon: Payment

Lexi: For what?

Damon: Oh, for the last 6 months of my life, for the nagging for the self-righteous platitudes. I'm paying you back for 6 months of you

Lexi: Your humanity isn't back on, is it?

Damon: Never was

Lexi: So this was all just...

Damon: A joke! It was a big, fat lie. Best part of it is, you believed it. You thought I was a like Stefan, a wounded little bird that you could nurse back to health, but he's a victim. I choose to be this way. Enjoy the day. I hear it's gonna be a scorcher

(He leaves her)

Nowadays

[A rooftop]

Elena: So you pretended to have feelings for her just to get her off your back?

Damon: I was willing to do whatever it took. Sound familiar?

Elena: Aw. I hurt your feelings

Damon: Not my feelings. I'm looking out for you because one day, you will flip that switch back on, and all the bad stuff that you did is gonna come rushing back, and it is going to suck

Elena: So you're saying that you felt bad for Lexi?

Damon: She became a walking, talking reminder of all the awful things I'd done. I managed to avoid her for decades, and then she just shows up in Mystic Falls to wish my baby bro Happy Birthday, and boom... rush of memories, rush of guilt

Elena: So you k*ll her?

Damon: Out of sight, out of mind. Every day that you're like this is the day that you might do the one thing that you can't take back

Elena: Here's what I don't get. You spent 6 months trying to get her to fall in love with you just so that you could hurt her. You were spiteful, malicious, borderline evil, and you say that you had your emotions turned off, but those all sound like emotions to me

Damon: Maybe they were. Maybe hatred was the first one I got back. All the more reason to cure you. That way, we get the normal Elena back without all the ugly stages in between

Elena: I'm not taking the cure, Damon

Damon: Yes, you are, even if I have to break your neck or tie you up in chains until we find it

(Rebekah intervenes and breaks his neck)

Rebekah: What was that you said about handling things yourself?

[Bonnie’s House]

(Bonnie wakes up in her bed. Stefan’s here)

Stefan: How you feeling?

Bonnie: What are you doing here? How'd I get here?

Stefan: What do you mean? I... I brought you home. The witches almost k*lled you

Bonnie: What witches?

Stefan: You don't remember? Whatever the witches did must have messed with your memory

Bonnie: How did I get off the island?

Stefan: Wait. Bonnie... What's the last thing you can remember?

Bonnie: I guess I remember being in that cave, and Jeremy was trying to pry the cure out of Silas' hands. Please tell me he got it. We didn't get it, did we?

Stefan: Bonnie, there's something you need to know about Jeremy

[The Woods]

(Klaus is digging)

Klaus: There. 12 graves for 12 witches. Like it never happened. Only it did happen, and now Silas has everything he needs to open the gates to hell on earth

Caroline: You were just gonna let Bonnie die

Klaus: I know arithmetic isn’t your strong point, but one is still less than 12

Caroline: Yeah, but that one is my best friend

Klaus: You tell yourself whatever you need to so you can sleep at night

Caroline: I just k*lled 12 people

Klaus: Hey. Hey. You look like you're in need of comfort. Why don't you find someone less terrible you can relate to?

(She leaves. He feels something and turns himself. Silas/Shane is here)

Silas/Shane: Thank you. Of the 3 massacres, this is the one I was dreading

Klaus: Silas I presume

[New York]

(Damon wakes up. His phone rings)

Elena: Morning, Damon

Damon: Where are you?

Elena: The better question would be where are we going?

Rebekah: Sorry, Damon. I think I broke your radio

Damon: You're in my car?!

Elena: Heh. We weren't gonna take the bus. I wish this could have gone differently. I really do, but we'll give Katherine your best

[Salvatore’s House]

(Stefan is on the phone with Damon)

Stefan: Damon, what did you do?

Damon: Let's just say it involves a 5'7" brunette and her blond accomplice

Stefan: Please don't tell me this is going where I think it is

Damon: Wrong fantasy, brother, unless you're into betrayal and snapped necks. The lead I had on Katherine Elena stole. If you're searching for the words to tell me how badly I screwed up, save your breath

Stefan: I didn't stop the m*ssacre

Damon: Guess Silas has everything he needs

Stefan: Everything but the cure

[The woods]

Klaus: I'm sorry, mate. I don’t have it

Silas/Shane: But you know who does, and the last thing that you want is for that cure to be used on you, so you bring it to me, and it won't be. You get to live

Klaus: Heh. Yeah. With all of my dead supernatural enemies from the other side. You know, you don't scare me, Silas, or, Shane, or, whoever you are

Silas/Shane: I think I know what does

(He shows him the white oak stake)

Klaus: Now where did you get that?

Silas/Shane: Well, let's just say your sister's mind is a little easier to read than yours. So… Care to reconsider my offer?

(He drives the stake through Klaus’ back)

Silas/Shane: I missed by an inch, but don't worry. I'm not trying to k*ll you, not just yet. Just a little something to remember me by. I'll be in touch

Ecrit par popo34000