05x07 - Death and the Maiden

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

05x07 - Death and the Maiden

Post by bunniefuu »

[A Bus Stop]

(Silas is sitting next to a couple)

Silas: You ever been in love? Love. Hello, you two

Woman: Yeah. We're together, in love

Silas: Aw, that's so adorable. I love love. I do. Yeah. I have a soul mate, too, you know, that love at first sight, want to live forever, love is eternal kind of love? Amara. That's her name.See, the problem is when I first met Amara, I was with another woman, so I kind of cheated on her, which to be honest with you, it really wouldn't have been that big of a deal except it turned out that the other woman was a raging lunatic, so when she found out that I cheated on her, she freaked out, turned Amara into stone, like, literally, Medusa style

Man: Dude, are you, like, ok?

Silas: What do you mean? You think I'm crazy? Why do you think I'm crazy?All I've wanted for the last 2,000 years. Is to be reunited with the love of my life. How's that crazy?

Woman: Maybe the turned her to stone part

Man: Or the 2,000 years part

Silas: No. Guys, we were both immortal, and now we're not. Hello? Look. The point is I finally had the chance to hold Amara in my arms, and what does she do? She jams a chunk of glass into my carotid artery. Look, look

Man: No thanks

Silas: Listen, you two. Here's my advice. Live it up. You know, enjoy this love while it lasts because let me tell you something. Just a couple days ago, I was psychic, I was immortal, I was in love. Now my neck hurts, my soul is crushed, I'm sitting in a bus stop in frigging Delaware

Woman: You're in Philly

Silas: I'm in Philly? Ohh! God, it's even worse

(Suddenly, the man is hurting and coughing)

Woman: What's going on, babe? Hey. What's going on? Hey. Talk to me. Oh, my God. What's happening? What are you doing to him?

Silas: I think I'm liquefying his internal organs. Did I fail to mention that I'm a witch?

Woman: Please stop. Please just stop

Silas: No! I'm pissed off at the world, and I'm taking it out on your so-called lover

Woman: Oh, my God!

Silas: And I'm thinking you might be my next victim

Woman: Oh, my God!

(She runs)

Silas: Look at that. Unbelievable. Love is so damn fickle. Incredible. Here you go, buddy. Come on up. Come on up, come on up, come on up. Up you go. That's good, good. Buses, however... Tried and true

[Salvatore’s House]

(Stefan wakes up. Elena is here)

Elena: Stefan. Morning. I made coffee. How did you sleep?

Stefan: Ohh...not great

Elena: First night back in your own bed. Not as comfy as Tessa's couch, huh?

Stefan: If we're gonna talk about Tessa, I think I need that caffeine. So, uh, what's with the wakeup call?

Elena: I miss you. I feel like when you lost your memories I lost a friend, and I was thinking instead of describing how much we meant to each other, maybe we can just start fresh. Hi. I'm Elena

Stefan: I was driving to Portland

Elena: What?

Stefan: The night I took Silas to the quarry, I said good-bye to Lexi, and then I decided to keep driving west

Elena: Wait. Hang on. How do you remember that?

Stefan: Because my memories are back

Elena: Really? Are you serious? How?

Stefan: Tessa came here last night, and she undid whatever spell fried my brain, and it's all back. I can remember everything

Elena: Stefan, this is great! This is amazing

(Stefan is in the living room with Damon et Elena)

Damon: October 1852

Stefan: You broke my nose trying to teach me how to throw a right hook

Damon: But not on purpose just to be clear. How much did you pay for that hunk of junk motorcycle that you ride?

Stefan: That's a trick question. You bought me that motorcycle, although I'm guessing it was pretty expensive

Damon: So Tessa just gave you back your memories, no strings attached

Stefan: Well, it wasn't exactly a gift. It was a lot to take in all at once, everything from blowing out the candles on my first birthday cake to... drowning in a safe

Elena: Stefan…

Damon: Whoa! Easy there, buddy

Elena: Stefan, where did you go?

Stefan: Uh...all of that, and I still can't remember my own strength. What was that noise?

Damon: Uh, well that is…

Elena: We have a situation

Damon: Of the doppelganger variety

Elena: Yeah

Stefan: Katherine?

Damon: No, nope, not Katherine

(Stefan and Damon go in the basement to see Amara, who’s talking to herself)

Amara: I don't know! I don't know

Stefan: What's wrong with her?

Damon: Tessa turned her into a block of rock, left her in a box for 2,000 years, probably went a little stir crazy like those deserted island guys who talk to volleyballs

Amara: I said I don't know!

Stefan: So you're telling me that this girl is the only thing holding together the other side?

Damon: Yep. She's the anchor

Amara: Leave me alone!

Damon: As long as she's alive, the other side exists, and we can keep trying to get Bonnie from over there

Amara: I said I don't know!

Stefan: Well, considering she's immortal, I'd say we have plenty of opportunity

Damon: You'd think, except last night she stuck a hole in Silas' neck, sucked the cure right out of him, so now she's not only nuts, but she's mortal, which means we have to keep her ordinary little human heart b*ating until we get Bonnie back

Stefan: How would you plan to do that?

Damon: Silas made a pinky promise that he'd do a spell to bring her back. Unfortunately, he's taking his sweet time coming back to Mystic Falls. Eh, Amara, stop!

Amara: No! No! Let me die. I want to die!

Damon: Let's hope love is blind or at least deaf

(Jeremy rejoins Bonnie)

Jeremy: It turns out that it's not gonna be that easy to keep Amara alive

Bonnie: I wonder what will happen if she dies and the other side gets destroyed. Think there will be, like, a white light and then nothing? It won't hurt, will it?Oh, it'd suck if it hurt

Jeremy: Bon, there's something I want to tell you. Actually, there are 3 things that I want to tell you

Bonnie: Don't you dare give me a good-bye speech

Jeremy: This is not a good-bye. That's the first thing. I know one way or another that you will always be here. The second is thank you for giving your life up for me

Bonnie: Jer…

Jeremy: And the third is…

Bonnie: Wait. Don't tell me. If you don't tell me, we'll have to wait until another time, which means there will be another time

Jeremy: I'm not sure it works like that

Bonnie: Just go with it, ok?

[Whitmore College]

(Katherine is with Dr. Maxfield. He shows her X-rays)

Katherine: So what am I looking at here, hmm, blood clot, tumor, what?

1.: I did a full workup on your blood, Katherine. It's clean

Katherine: My hair is going gray, and my teeth are falling out. I'm not sure what that suggests, but it's definitely not health

(He talks in his recorder)

1.: Patient is irritable. Not sure if this is a symptom or personality

Katherine: Personality. Now tell me exactly what the hell is going on with me

1.: You're aging

Katherine: What?

1.: You said you were turned into a vampire 500 years ago, give or take, and now that you're human, let's just say time is catching up with you

Katherine: Ok. Ok. Well, how do we stop it?

1.: We don't. It's just life running its course quicker than normal

Katherine: How much quicker?

1.: If it continues at this rate, you have a few months. I'm sorry

[A Bus]

(Silas is on the bus. His phone rings. He answers. It’s Damon)

Silas: Hello, Damon

Damon: Well, look who decided to pick up his phone. Is your secretary out sick?

Silas: They prefer administrative assistants now, thank you very much. I learned that on the bus. Very nice people on here by the way

Damon: You're taking a bus? Not to sound like a d*ck, man, but we're in a little bit of a rush over here

Silas: Yeah, but you know what's great about the bus? Open road, Damon. There's all this time to think, watch every day human beings in their normal environment. Did you know that gas is over $3.00 a gallon at the moment? That seems to really concern a lot of people

Damon: This is not a time to have an everyman crisis. We need you back here to resurrect Bonnie before your nutter butter soul mate offs herself an destroys the other side

Silas: Yeah. I been thinking about that. Amara needs to die

Damon: Pardon me?

Silas: My poor Amara, all those years trapped in stone clearly left her unhinged, so look, if she doesn't want to spend another moment on this earth, then I'm more than happy to put her out of her misery and spend the rest of eternity in the afterlife with her, but listen, if you want to go ahead and k*ll her and save me the trouble, then please by all means

Damon: Not till you bring Bonnie back, remember? Promises made metaphorical hands shook

Silas: I've been thinking about that, too, Damon. Remember when I told you that the universe is working to draw our doppelgangers together and you laughed in my face? Well, if you don't bring Bonnie back from the other side, then you'll be breaking your promise to Elena, and the idea of jeopardizing your relationship brings me this perverse amount of joy, so I've decided not to help you, Damon, and I will see you soon. I'm looking forward to all this being over. Bye

[Whitmore College]

(Caroline leaves a voicemail to Jessie)

Caroline: Hey, Jesse. You missed our study session again. Where are you? Look. I'm really worried. Just call me

(She hangs up and sees Nadia)

Nadia: Well... that was pathetic

Caroline: Um, I'm sorry?

Nadia: Leaving a message for a boy who… what's the American phrase… oh--is just not that into you?

Caroline: And who are you?

Nadia: I'm looking for Katherine Pierce. I heard she was living here, so I checked your room

Caroline: What? You went into my room?

Nadia: Do you know where she is or not?

Caroline: Great. Even Katherine's friends are b*tches

Nadia: I'm not her friend

(Katherine arrives)

Katherine: Are you kidding me?

Nadia: I need to speak with you

Caroline: Um, how do you two know each other?

Nadia: Katherine is my…

Katherine: She's my stylist. Ahem. She cuts my hair

Caroline: Ok. Whatever

(She leaves)

Katherine: What do you want?

Nadia: Sit. You've been avoiding me

Katherine: Yeah. I've been a busy girl doing busy things

Nadia: Sit

[Salvatore’s House]

Elena: We need to buy some more time, protect Amara. Maybe we should move her somewhere else

Damon: Silas is a witch. He's a living, breathing GPS tracking device. He'll track her wherever we take her

Elena: We can't let him anywhere near her until he brings Bonnie back

Stefan: Weren't you listening to anything? He's not gonna bring her back

Elena: So, what, I should just give up? Come on, Stefan. You got your memory back. You know me probably better than anyone else. Do you really think that I'm gonna give up?

Stefan: You know what? You're right. I do know you. You put your hope in all the wrong places. And sometimes in the wrong people. Silas needs to die and put us all out of our misery

Elena: So long as he's alive, I'm holding out hope that he can still help us

Stefan: Well, as someone who just spent the last 3 months at the bottom of a quarry because of the guy, I wouldn't hold your breath, pun intended. Silas needs to die, and I need to be the one to k*ll him, end of story

(Jeremy and Bonnie are at the cell and look at Amara)

Jeremy: How's our mental patient doing?

Bonnie: I guess all those years alone sent her over the edge

Jeremy: Relax. I'm… I'm just bringing dinner

Amara: I know you

Jeremy: I don't think so

Amara: You're the hunter. I never forget a face, but Silas k*lled you. You're dead

Jeremy: I was. I came back

Amara: How? I said how?

(She looks at Bonnie)

Amara: It was you, wasn't it? You're a witch. You brought him back

Bonnie: You can see me?

Amara: Of course I can see you. I'm not blind. I have eyes. Or are you dead? I get so mixed up. I can't tell the difference between the living or the dead

Jeremy: Can you see people on the other side?

Amara: I am the anchor to the other side. I can see everything

(Bonnie touches her)

Amara: Gah! Don't touch me! Please don't… don't touch me

Bonnie: I can touch her

Jeremy: Ok. That's weird

Bonnie: Jer, I think I’ve got an idea

(Jeremy is with Elena and Damon)

Jeremy: Amara could see Bonnie, and Bonnie could touch her. They made physical contact. It's like Amara's got foot on each side or something

Elena: Amara exists in both places at once, here and the other side?

Damon: Then she's not crazy crazy; she's just talking to dead supernatural beings roaming around in our basement

Bonnie: That's not the point

Jeremy: The point is if Silas isn't gonna help us what if Bonnie could be the same thing? What if she existed on both sides at once? What if she became the anchor?

Elena: You're right. Jeremy, you're right. So all we would need is someone who could do that spell

Damon: Oh, please don't say who I think you're gonna say

Elena: Think about it. Silas wants Amara to die, and Amara wants Amara to die, so who besides us is the one person with the biggest stake against letting that happen?

[A Cabin]

(Tessa opens the door to Damon)

Damon: I was hoping we could talk

Tessa: And I was hoping you were my Chinese food. Good-bye

Damon: You remember Amara, right, brunette, brown eyes; I'm surprisingly not in love with her?

Tessa: What about her?

Damon: Well, she took the cure, she wants to die, and we have her

Tessa: But she's alive?

Damon: For now. Silas is literally on his way to k*ll her. He's completely obsessed with destroying the other side so that he and Amara can live happily ever after in the great beyond. Man, you were right about these doppelgangers. They do always end up together. So how does it feel to say, "I told you so"?

Tessa: Like I want to sh**t fireballs at Silas and drown him in acid

Damon: See? That's what I thought. So how would you feel about us making a deal?

[Salvatore’s House]

(Elena rejoins Stefan)

Elena: Haven't you heard it's bad luck to k*ll your doppelganger?

Stefan: Yeah? Well, if I don't k*ll him, he wins

Elena: And what if he kills you first? Witches aren't exactly easy to take down. We just got you back, Stefan. Don't do anything crazy. You and I have been down the revenge road, and it's not worth it

Stefan: You know, there were these moments in that safe, a stillness in time when I was dead right before I was about to come back to life, I would think about things in the past that made me happy, things that gave me hope. All these things kept me sane. They pushed me to hang on when all I wanted to do was give up and turn off my humanity, but eventually, the pain took those moments away from me, too

Elena: I'm so sorry

Stefan: Every time I close my eyes, I can see Silas stabbing me, I can feel myself drowning, and I need to make it stop. If I don't k*ll him, I'm gonna lose my mind, or I'm gonna turn off my humanity... or both

[A Cabin]

Damon: So here's my pitch. In order to keep the other side in place, you need something to anchor the spell, right, something powerful, like an immortal being powerful. Now Amara was obviously a great choice until she downed the cure, so would you consider someone who's dead but stuck on the other side a viable candidate?

Tessa: An anchor swap?

Damon: Because I've got a volunteer

Tessa: I'd be making a ghost a human toll booth between our side and the other side, giving her the power to interact with our physical world and the supernatural Purgatory

Damon: So what's the problem?

Tessa: I need a massive amount of power to do a transfer spell like that

Damon: Fine. Name your poison

Tessa: I need something to draw on. The moon's not full, I don't think there's a worthy comet for another couple billion years

Damon: Think hard. I have a girlfriend at home who misses her best friend and a wacky stowaway on su1c1de watch. It's ridiculous

Tessa: Doppelgangers. They're powerful, mystical, naturally recurring

Damon: You want doppelganger blood? I got doppelgangers coming out of my ears. How many do you want?
[Whitmore College]

(Katherine is still with Nadia)

Nadia: You hate junk food. You call it toxic poison

Katherine: Yeah? Well, I've decided to live a little. Now may I be excused, scary vampire daughter?

Nadia: You've been avoiding me. I don't like it

Katherine: Clearly

Nadia: We had a moment, you and I. There was a bond. I felt it, and then nothing.You abandoned me all over again

Katherine: Ok. First of all, I never abandoned you. You were snatched out of my arms at birth because my father thought I was a knocked-up, shameful slut, and second of all, it's been 500 years. Do we really have to do this whole mother-daughter bonding thing? Estrangement is so much easier, don't think?

(Caroline rejoins them)

Caroline: Sorry to interrupt the world's weirdest lunch, but, you with the doppelganger blood, duty calls

Katherine: Wonderful. Now that Katherine's a human and fragile, everyone thinks that they can just boss her around. Hands off, ok? I'm going

Nadia: We're not done

Katherine: Oh, yes, we are

[Salvatore’s House]

(Damon enters with Tessa)

Tessa: So you live in this giant mansion with two doppelgangers that are destined to end up together?I swear there's a sitcom in there somewhere. So where's the ancient boyfriend-stealing bitch?

Damon: This way

(Elena leads Tessa to Amara)

Tessa: That'll be all

(She enters and closes the door)

Tessa: Well, if it isn't the face that launched a thousand doppelgangers. A little birdie told me you aren't enjoying your immortal life. 2,000 years, you have nothing to say to me? No apology?

Amara: I'm sorry

Tessa: What was that?

Amara: I'm sorry. That is what you want to hear, isn't it, how I have suffered, how every moment of my life has been a living a hell? It has!My sin was falling in love, and I've learned my lesson. You win. You win. Now please k*ll me. Please. Please k*ll me!

Tessa: Don't worry.When I make someone else the anchor, I will, and since you're nothing more than a non-supernatural human, you'll pass on while Silas is trapped on the other side, and then you and Silas, you're gonna spend eternity apart... And that is gonna be kind of fantastic for me. Selfishly speaking

(Caroline and Katherine arrive)

Katherine: The cute one's here

(Tessa arrives)

Caroline: She's all yours

(She leaves)

Tessa: Let me guess. You must be... Who now?

Katherine: Let's be clear. I don't care about Bonnie Bennett or the other side going away or Elena getting her best friend back

Tessa: You want something? I'm shocked

Katherine: I had the cure you created running through my veins, and when Silas sucked it out of me, I started aging faster than normal. So basically, I'm dying, and I need you to fix me. You made the cure. Now make something that stops the aging. Otherwise, no blood for you

Tessa: Fine. When the ritual's finished and Bonnie is the anchor, we'll find a way to stop you from dying

Katherine: Thank you

Tessa: Now where's tweedledee and tweedledum?

(Katherine, Amara and Elena are in the same room with Tessa. There’s a grimoire in front of them)

Amara: What is that?

Elena: It's Bonnie's grimoire

Amara: A grim… what?

Katherine: It's a magic spell book. Idiot

Tessa: It's a talisman. Since Bonnie can't be here, her grimoire will have to do.Hands in, palms up

(She cuts Amara’s hand)

Tessa: Sorry, love. Did that hurt?

Amara: I've been through worse

(Then she takes Katherine’s hand)

Katherine: Easy, ok? I'm fragile these days

(Then it’s Elena’s turn)

Katherine: Showoff

(Tessa starts casting the spell)

Tessa: No

Katherine: Is it done?

Tessa: No, it's not done

Elena: What's happening?

Tessa: Silas is happening. Show yourself, bastard!

(The power goes off)

Katherine: I can't see anything. Can you?

(Damon rejoins them)

Damon: Electricity's out in the whole house. What happened?

Elena: Silas is here

Damon: Well, Silas owes me a fuse box. Hang on. I only count two doppelgangers. Where's crazy pants? And where's the other crazy?

(Tessa enters the library. Silas is here)

Tessa: That was quite the show, Silas

Silas: Thank you. You haven't seen the love of my life running around here by any chance, have you?

Tessa: Nope. Maybe you shouldn't have turned the lights off, genius

Silas: You've had 2,000 years to watch us suffer. You've had your fun. Why can't you just let it go?

Tessa: Maybe I'm just not wired that way

Silas: Honestly, I feel sorry for you. Hateful vengeance is for people without real love. You spent 2,000 years waiting for me to die just so you could be with me when all along the universe knew I belonged to somebody else. Doesn't that make your whole existence, like, I don't know, a total waste?

Tessa: I loved you

Silas: Yeah? Well, get in line

(His phone rings. He answers)

Silas: Sucky timing, Stefan

Stefan: I disagree. I have Amara just beyond the property line.You have 10 minutes to come find us

Silas: Well, I'm a little busy right now watching my nemesis bite it. Plus I have no interest in saving Amara's life

Stefan: I know that, which is why I'm gonna take her away, and I'm gonna keep her alive by any means possible while everyone else hunts you down like an animal. You now have 9 minutes

(Caroline rejoins Katherine, who’s bleeding)

Caroline: Katherine? What are you doing?

Katherine: Tessa's stupid nonsurgical incision won't stop bleeding

(Caroline bites her wrist)

Caroline: Here. Heal. What's wrong?

Katherine: Nothing. Just another tragic side effect from taking that cure. Apparently the universe just doesn't want me to heal from vampire blood. Stupid universe. Find me that damn witch so she can finish that spell!

(Elena finds Tessa in the library)

Elena: No way

Tessa: Can't a witch rest in peace?

Elena: It's a flesh wound. Get up. You're not done yet

[The Woods]

(Silas finds Amara, alone)

Silas: Amara

Amara: I loved you. I still do... But I can't live any longer. Please understand

Silas: I understand. I love you

Amara: Silas, please. I'm ready

(Stefan intervenes and strangles Silas)

Stefan: Do you remember me? I remember you. Oh, I'm sorry. Is it hard to breathe? Is your throat closing? Did the fear of dying start to creep in yet?

Silas: I hear every emotion is heightened for a vampire. All those memories must be eating you alive right now, Stefan. What's it like to die? I've never done it. You must have done it, what, a thousand times over the summer?

Stefan: Stop it

Silas: Stop? I spent 2,000 years alone in a tomb. You were locked up for, what, 3 months? Look at you. You're a mess. The safe was the easy part, wasn't it? Being forgotten about, that's the real t*rture, isn't it?

(Stefan stabs him)

Amara: Silas! Aah!

[Salvatore’s House]

(Elena is with Tessa. Damon rejoins them)

Damon: Stefan and Amara are not inside

Elena: That's because Stefan took her. You have to go find him before he gets himself k*lled

Damon: No. He's luring Silas away so he can finish this. It's typical Stefan. He'll be fine

Elena: He's hurting. Damon, he's not thinking clearly. Ok. Silas may have been the one that put him in that safe, but we were supposed to get him out of it. Please go find him. We can't lose him again

Damon: Ok

(Tessa starts casting her spell)

[The Woods]

(Amara is with Silas)

Amara: Our journey starts now

(She stabs herself but Damon intervenes)

Damon: No! Amara. No. Amara, Amara. Drink this. Drink. More. No, no, no. Ok. No. Hey. Stay with me. Look at me, look at me. Amara, Amara. Hey! Look at me

Amara: I've been in hell for 2,000 years

Damon: What's another 5 minutes, huh?

Amara: Let me die

Damon: No! Amara! Come on. Please

[Salvatore’s House]

(Tessa is still casting her spell)

(Bonnie rejoins Jeremy)

Bonnie: I came to say good-bye

Jeremy: What are you talking about? Tessa's doing the spell

Bonnie: Amara's dying, Jer

Jeremy: No. That's impossible. Damon…

Bonnie: Stop. We don't have much time

(Tessa casts her spell)

[The Woods]

Damon: Amara, Amara! Please, Amara!

[Salvatore’s House]

Bonnie: Tell me the third thing

Jeremy: Bon

Bonnie: Tell me, please

Jeremy: I love you

Bonnie: I love you, too

Jeremy: I'm not ready to let you go

(He touches her)

Jeremy: I can feel you!

Bonnie: I can feel you

Elena: Bonnie?

Caroline: Please tell me this is real

Bonnie: You guys can see me?

Jeremy: Bonnie, it worked

Bonnie: It worked!

Elena: You’re here

Bonnie: Thank you

Caroline: Oh, my God! Oh, my God! And we can be roommates because we have an extra bed, and we can clear out half the closet!

Elena/Bonnie: Caroline!

Caroline: I can't believe you're really here!

Bonnie: I'm here. I'm back

(Bonnie is alone. Jeremy rejoins her)

Bonnie: I miss this. I miss feeling warm. I never felt warm on the other side

Jeremy: I miss this... Holding your hand. I'm never gonna let you go again

(Katherine rejoins Tessa in the library)

Katherine: Ok. I'm ready. Let's do this

Tessa: You. Right. You want me to stop the aging? I'd find a drug store cream

Katherine: Hilarious, but see the thing is, I'm not getting any younger, so spell away

Tessa: Altering someone's lifespan is what started this whole mess in the first place. I've learned my lesson. I'm not saving your life

Katherine: Excuse me?

Tessa: I won. Amara's gone, and Silas is waiting for me on the other side

Katherine: No. No! Help. Help! Somebody, help her! She's dying! Don't die. I need you

Tessa: True love prevails... The universe be damned

(Bonnie is alone. Tessa appears)

Tessa: You're the anchor now

Bonnie: Tessa. Where did you just come from?

Tessa: I'm dead. As I pass through you, you'll feel my death.You'll feel every death. Every supernatural being that passes over to the other side will pass through you. Sorry. That's gonna hurt like a bit bitch

[The Woods]

(Elena rejoins Stefan)

Elena: So he's dead? It's over?

Stefan: Yeah, it's over

Elena: Are you ok?

Stefan: I'm fine

Elena: Look at me and tell me that k*lling Silas worked, that you'll be ok now

Stefan: Why is this so important to you?

Elena: Because I know how much he stole from you

Stefan: Yeah, and he's dead

Elena: And because while you were suffering in that safe, grasping onto hope, fighting every second so that you wouldn't lose your humanity, I was happy. I got everything that I wanted, Stefan. I got to be in love, I got the summer of my dreams, I got Bonnie back. So I need to know that this worked. I need to know that it's gonna take away all of your suffering. I need to know that you're gonna be ok

Stefan: I wanted it to be you. When that safe finally opened and somebody found me, I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be both of you

(Damon is here)

[Whitmore College]

(Katherine rejoins Caroline in the dorm)

Caroline: Um...now that Bonnie's back...

Katherine: Your room's full. Got it. I'll just get my stuff

Caroline: Thank you for what you did today

Katherine: Enough. I k*lled you once, don't forget. We still hate each other, ok?

Caroline: Yes, you did, and, yes, we do

Katherine: Where the hell is my bag?

(Nadia enters)

Nadia: Already packed

Katherine: You again

Nadia: I'm leaving, Katherine. I'm heading back to Prague, and I'd really like it if you came with me. We can go to Bulgaria, retrace our lives

Katherine: I don't know what kind of twisted fantasy you have about us, but that's all it is, a fantasy. I would rather rip my own heart out than do more mother-daughter bonding with you, and I'm human now, so it wouldn't really be that easy. I don't want to know you

Caroline: Mother-daughter? She's your… Oh. Wow

Katherine: I'm doing you a favor, Nadia, ok? I can't be there for you, so take a good look because you are never gonna see me again

[The Woods]

(Stefan is burying Silas)

Stefan: No. no. It's over. It's supposed to be over