03x21 - Legacy

All episode transcripts for the TV show "Alias". Aired: September 2001 to May 2006*
Watch or Buy on Amazon

Sydney Bristow is an international spy recruited out of college and trained for espionage and self-defense.

03x21 - Legacy

Post by destinyros2005 »

Kyoto, Japan

1:20

Nadia is in a trance, writing Rambaldi code. Sloane watches.

---

Conference Room

SYDNEY: At this moment, we have no leads on Sloane or Nadia Santos, my sister. Unverifiable reports suggest that shortly after he betrayed us in [wherever it is, the unknown town in Chechnya where Nadia was in prison - FIX], Sloane boarded a plane at the airport in Grozny. But this was 20 hours ago. By now, they could be anywhere.

DIXON: Have you been in contact with Nadia's superiors at Argentina's Intelligence Directorate?

SYDNEY: Yes, but they could only provide us with background. She was recruited six years ago. She was educated in language and trade-craft. The mission to Chechnya was her first real assignment.

JACK: And what about her life prior to becoming an agent?

She was confined to an orphanage in the Santermo [FIX] district of Buenos Aires. She had no known family until now. According to Sloane, Nadia will be injected with an elixir, some kind of fluid that will enable her to deliver a message from Rambaldi himself.

---

Kyoto, Japan

2:20

Nadia finishes writing on one piece of paper.

SLOANE: That's good. That's very good.

Sloane takes the paper and pins it up on a wall, where a dozen or two more pages are already pinned. The Rambaldi writing, from a distance, forms the symbol for the followers of Rambaldi. It looks like there are five or six important pages missing, with 17 or so already done.

(voice-over)

SYDNEY: He's never divulged the willing to risk everything, his wealth, even his legitimacy, even his life, to acquire it. This is his endgame. We have to believe he will k*ll Nadia in pursuit of it.

---

Conference room

3:15

DIXON: Sydney, I pray that we get to Nadia quickly, but given Sloane's intentions we need to be prepared for all possible outcomes.

SYDNEY: I know she's alive.

---

Kyoto, Japan.

Sloane removes a bottle of Rambaldi goo.

NADIA: Please, don't.

SLOANE: Nadia, my child. I don't want to hurt you.

NADIA: Then why are you doing this?

SLOANE: When Abraham was asked to take his only child, Isaac, and offer him up to God, he didn't hesitate. And he took in his hand the fire and the Kn*fe. And it was only then that the angel came. But Abraham had to be willing to make this unbearable choice.

(One discussion of this situation is in Kierkegaard's _Fear and Trembling_)

Nadia grabs something off the medical tray by her chair.

NADIA: I understand.

Sloane thinks she's serious, and merely naive. Smiling, he says, unbelievingly...

SLOANE: You do.

NADIA: You're a man of faith.

She's using whatever it is (a scalpel?) to get out of her handcuffs.

SLOANE: Oh, my child, my child.

Nadia stabs him with the elixir, screams something unintelligible. She smashes a bunch of Sloane's Rambaldi goo. Sloane knocks her out with a stun g*n.

SLOANE: (cell) My supply of Rambaldi fluid has been compromised. I need you to break into a bunker, Novgorod 21. Secure more bottles. You deliver within 24 hours, I pay you five million.

UNKNOWN: (cell) I'll recruit a team immediately, and get back to you.

UNKNOWN calls someone else.

SARK: (cell) Go ahead.

UNKNOWN: (cell) Arvin Sloane just made contact.

SARK: (cell) Tell me where he's sending you, and I'll double his offer.

---

Rotunda

5:38

SYDNEY: (phone) The Echelon dictionary's been updated with the relevant keywords. We'll continue to monitor all intercepts. Thank you very much.

SYDNEY: Hey.

VAUGHN: Hey.

SYDNEY: I thought you were supposed to stay in the hospital a few more days.

VAUGHN: Yeah. I checked myself out early.

SYDNEY: Didn't they want to keep you for observation?

VAUGHN: I'm fine, really.

VAUGHN: Look, whatever Lauren did to me, I want you to know I take full responsibility for what's happened. I messed up. And if you can't get past that, I understand. But will you try?

SYDNEY: I don't know.

VAUGHN: Will you at least think about it? Because it's all I can think about.

SYDNEY: Yeah, I will think about it.

Dixon walks up.

DIXON: I need to see you both immediately.

---

Briefing Room

DIXON: Our SIGINT post in Manila just intercepted an encrypted phone call between Arvin Sloane and a well-known underworld fixer.

WEISS: Did we run a trace-back?

JACK: The route masking was too high. Sloane requested the fluid be recovered from this bunker facility called Novgorod 21.

DIXON: I checked with my contacts at Project Blackhole. They said the facility's been inactive since the 1980's, when it was the center for Soviet Rambaldi research.

SYDNEY: If we penetrate the bunker, we can plant a tracking device on one of the vials of fluid. Maybe that could lead us to Sloane.

DIXON: I'll have Marshall prep the op-tech for the two of you to execute a tactical infiltration. The facility could still be guarded.

Vaughn's not terribly interested in this Rambaldi stuff.

VAUGHN: Where do we stand on finding Lauren?

WEISS: FBI Counterintelligence is going over all of Lauren's files, phone records, expense reports...

7:01

VAUGHN: Have we brought our field offices into the investigation?

Weiss gives him a "give me a break" look.

VAUGHN: Have you gotten the CIA to sign off on re-tasking Echelon satellites?

DIXON: Vaughn, we're doing what we can, but right now, the priority for this office is finding Sloane.

---

NOVG[O]ROD (push-through)

7:15

Sydney and Vaughn approach the bunker. They find a dead guard.

SYDNEY: Sloane got here first.

VAUGHN: They might still be here.

They go inside and find the lab. It's been trashed.

VAUGHN: They've got the fluid. There's nothing left to tag and no way to find Sloane.

SYDNEY: We still have a secondary protocol -- to retrieve all available data.

VAUGHN: I'll start the up-link.

SYDNEY: I'll try to collect a sample.

Syd finds a syringe and some green goo from a smashed vial.

VAUGHN: (comm) Marshall, I'm hacking into the drives now.

-Marshall's Office-

MARSHALL: (comm) Okay, I'm picking up the signal, Boy Scout.

MARSHALL: (comm) Got interference on K-band. Bump it up one more frequency.

-Novgorod-

VAUGHN: (comm) Any better?

MARSHALL: (comm) No, not much. Uh, there seems to be a signal I can't account for.

VAUGHN: (comm) Can you download the data?

MARSHALL: (comm) Yeah. Start sending now.

SYDNEY: Are those video files?

VAUGHN: Yeah, at least a hundred hours' worth.

SYDNEY: Can you open one?

They see footage of a young girl strapped to a chair, drawing on papers.

SYDNEY: That's my sister.

Sydney goes over to the chamber where the chair is, and stares at it vacantly.

MARSHALL: (comm) No, no no no no no no no.

SYDNEY: (comm) What?

MARSHALL: (comm) There's a silent alarm. They know you're there.

GUARDS: (Russian)

Katya walks in.

---

Title Sequence

---

Novgorod Bunker

KATYA: Sydney Bristow. We meet at last.

KATYA: (Russian) You two, secure the perimeter.

KATYA: (Russian) Take their weapons.

Katya picks up a tranq g*n that was on a table. She acts amused.

KATYA: A tranq g*n. How considerate.

KATYA: (Russian) I had no idea the CIA was so polite.

Katya sh**t the two remaining Russian guards.

KATYA: Hurry. Take the uniform and their ID.

SYDNEY: Who are you?

KATYA: Your mother's sister.

SYDNEY: Katya.

-Outside-

11:25

They're outside, and hurry to a jeep. They approach the guard post.

KATYA: Let me take care of this.

GUARD: (Russian) Identification.

KATYA: (Russian) Don't I know you?

GUARD: (Russian) I don't think so, Colonel

Katya hands the guard her ID.

KATYA: (Russian) Were you at General Krivak's birthday party?

GUARD: (Russian) I wish. I heard it was a blast.

KATYA: (Russian) Pity.

KATYA: (Russian) I made love to a boy who looked just like you.

Cut to Sydney, who clearly understands what she's saying, and is probably wondering what kind of psychological pathologies Irina's sister has.

KATYA: (Russian) Is there any chance you could have forgotten?

GUARD: (Russian) Absolutely not.

A guard has discovered the unconscious bodies of the two guards in the bunker, and calls the guard post.

KATYA: (Russian) Perhaps you will come to my birthday.

GUARD: (Russian) I'd like that.

The phone rings.

KATYA: Go.

The interior guard is heard over the phone.

GUARD: There's been a breakout. They've kidnapped Colonel Derevko!

The guards fire at the jeep as it drives away, with Sydney ducking.

---

Kyoto, Japan

12:35

SLOANE: This is just a sedative now, Nadia, so you can rest.

SLOANE: What you did yesterday, destroying all the fluid like that... I want you to know I was not angry with you. I was proud of your courage.

NADIA: Every Sunday at the orphanage in Santermo [FIX], they made us dress up in our finest clothes. They would have us stand in line four hours waiting to be chosen by families. I wouldn't do it. I'd make myself filthy and always frown. I didn't want to be chosen, because I knew I knew that somewhere my dad was still looking for me, and one day he'd come to take me away from that place. If I had known it was you I was waiting for, I would have cleaned up.

---

CIA Safe-house, St. Petersburg

VAUGHN: (cell) Katya saw Lauren and Sark on a surveillance feed. They acquired a canister of Rambaldi fluid. Eric, we need to get that satellite re-tasked. I understand, but I want them found.

Vaughn's frustrated, walking down a hall outside a room where Katya and Sydney are.

VAUGHN: (cell) That's not good enough, Weiss...

He walks down the hall and through a door. Meanwhile, in the room...

SYDNEY: I spoke to my father. He's arranged for us to be picked up by helicopter. What were you doing at the laboratory?

KATYA: Like you, we received intelligence that Sloane had sent a team there, but by the time we arrived it was too late. If Sloane is after the fluid, he must be very close from finding Nadia.

Sydney stares at her for a moment.

SYDNEY: In the videotape, Nadia was a child. She was drawing something, what I assume was Rambaldi's message. If the message was already relayed, why is she valuable?

KATYA: Your sister was taken away from the laboratory before she could complete the message.

15:22

VAUGHN: My father took her. He took her away from people who were trying to use her.

KATYA: Are you trying to imply something, Mr. Vaughn?

VAUGHN: I'm just curious why you're so eager to find your long-lost niece.

KATYA: I understand your weariness. Try to remember that I risked my life, that I compromised my position with the SVR to save you from certain execution.

SYDNEY: My father told me you were working with my mother.

KATYA: I am. When your mother returned to Russia, she was immediately apprehended. Her loyalties were questionable. After a few months in jail, he gave birth to a little girl. That girl was one day old when she was taken away from your mother. The only reason I joined the Russian Secret Service was to help Irina find her younger daughter. For years we heard nothing about her. Every lead went cold. But then recently we found out that her father, Arvin Sloane, was also looking for her.

KATYA: What is it, Sydney?

SYDNEY: Sloane has her.

---

Los Angeles - Friendship Bell

16:40

Sark and Lauren get out of a car. Sloane's there waiting.

SLOANE: This is unexpected, and unacceptable.

LAUREN: Nice to see you too, Arvin.

SARK: We recovered three canisters of Rambaldi's fluid. They're yours in exchange for a partnership.

SLOANE: I believe we've already made that mistake.

SARK: You have the passenger. We now have the fluid. What we are after is big enough for all of us to share. So what do you say, for old times' sake?

SLOANE: What are your terms?

LAUREN: We've brought enough for one dose. The rest is safely in storage. Once we know you do indeed have the girl, the rest of the canisters will be delivered.

SARK: And of course we will need to see a demonstration first. We need to be certain that the fluid actually works.

SLOANE: I see.

---

Marshall's Office

17:52

MARSHALL: Now, I believe the fluid contains a stored memory, a muscle memory. Now, this fluid that you brought back contains protein strains, and when injected the protein moves into the cerebral cortex.

MARSHALL: Theoretically it could trigger an individual to execute a prerecorded series of non-cognitive actions... touch-typing or playing a musical instrument, or...

SYDNEY: Drawing...

MARSHALL: Exactly.

DIXON: How dangerous is that process?

MARSHALL: Well, the toxicity level of that much protein being forced into the cerebrum would have to have harmful side effects... brain damage, maybe even death.

DIXON: Have you been able to identify the doctor?

MARSHALL: No.

SYDNEY: How'd the voice-print analysis turn out?

MARSHALL: Not great, but run it again if you want.

---

Kyoto, Japan

18:33

Nadia's gasping. Sloane's just injected her with more Rambaldi goo. Sloane gives her a pen. Slowly, she starts writing.

SARK: Incredible.

Nadia writes some more.

---

Marshall's Office

19:25

VAUGHN: I wish we could see the doctor's face.

SYDNEY: In the corner... someone's reflection. Can you enhance it?

Marshall does some image magic. The reflection is revealed as the evil doctor -- crippled evil doctor, thanks to Will. Marshall clearly recalls his psychopathic tendencies, too, because he's just as disturbed as everyone else.

MARSHALL: Oh my God.

---

Briefing Room

DIXON: We believe this man to be Jong Lee. According to files recovered from Novgorod, he was the lead scientist in charge of conducting Russia's Passenger experiments.

JACK: The NSA was able to use electronic intercepts to track Lee's recent communication. It appears he met with Sloane in Zurich twice in the past four months, most likely to help him procure Rambaldi fluid.

Vaughn's modified his tactics... maybe if he mentions both Lauren and Sark, he'll get more cooperation in his... can it be called a hunt?

VAUGHN: What about Lauren and Sark?

DIXON: As of now, we have no evidence linking them to Dr. Lee. There whereabouts remain unknown.

VAUGHN: If satellites had been tasked like I asked, that might not be the case.

WEISS: They were tied up over a nuclear test site in the Baltics. The DoD wouldn't budge.

VAUGHN: Because we didn't apply enough pressure.

DIXON: Vaughn. This is not the time.

SYDNEY: Where is Dr. Lee now?

DIXON: A Cuban bio-weapons facility. You and Vaughn will head to Cienfuegos, find out everything you can about the Passenger experiments and where to find Sloane.

DIXON: In the mean time, Jack, you'll work with Katya Derevko. She's been investigating Sloane's financials in the hope of getting a lead on Nadia. There could be something there to tip off Sloane's location.

---

Rotunda

20:48

Just after the briefing...

JACK: Vaughn, do you have a minute?

VAUGHN: Yeah.

JACK: I know why you checked yourself out of medical services early. I know you're under the impression you're fine, that all you need to do is hold yourself together and bury yourself in work.

VAUGHN: Get to the point, Jack.

JACK: My point is, your rage is seething under the surface. I know because I've been there. And I promise you... If you don't resolve this as quickly and expediently as possible, it will spill over to every aspect of your life including your professional and personal relationship with my daughter, and I do not want you endangering her.

VAUGHN: I am doing my job the best I can. Do you have a better suggestion?

JACK: I suggest you focus your energy into achieving closure on this matter.

VAUGHN: No one wants Lauren in custody more than I do.

JACK: That's not the kind of closure I'm referring to.

Jack holds out a key. Vaughn takes it.

VAUGHN: What's this?

JACK: That's a key to my storage facility. You've been there before. In it, you'll find false identification, unmarked and untraceable weapons, contact sheets, as well as disposal facilities capable of dealing with her remains.

VAUGHN: That might be your way of dealing with things. It's not mine.

JACK: Keep it.

Jack walks off.

---

Los Angeles, wherever Katya's staying

22:11

JACK: Sloane transferred 900,000 out of his Caymans account five days ago.

KATYA: Are the routing numbers traceable?

JACK: To Scotland, then Luxembourg. Not after.

KATYA: When Irina and Sloane were having their affair, did you know about it?

JACK: It was one of her many secrets.

KATYA: Hearing Irina talk about you, it was impossible not to be intrigued. I find you sexy, Jack. Deal with it.

JACK: What is Dayton Electrical?

KATYA: I have no idea.

JACK: Sloane's made a large payment to a Dayton Electrical

KATYA: The company subcontracted to do work in Beijing, Lyon, and Gambia.

JACK: And Chamonix...

KATYA: That mean something to you?

JACK: Recently we arrested a woman who did significant electronics work to secure a villa at Chamonix.

KATYA: If this payment is for designing some sort of security system for Sloane, she might know where he is.

JACK: (cell) This is agent Jack Bristow. Inform the detention facility I will be there by 1400 to conduct an interview with Toni Cummings.

KATYA: If this works and you find Sloane, you will also find Sydney's sister. This will be a great victory, but it will be hard on you, knowing what she represents. If it was me, I wouldn't want to go through that alone.

---
CIENFUE[G]OS, CUBA

23:54

Sydney walks out of the ocean onto a beach, yelling. It appears to be private beach front property. Two elderly people are sitting in lawn chairs, and get up to approach her. Vaughn sh**t them with tranquilizers.

It turns out the house is the residence and/or research lab for Dr. Lee, the psychopath who removed one or more of Sydney's and Will's 2rd molars. He's extracting something from a marine species.

LEE: I said no disturbances.

SYDNEY: I'm sure you can make an exception for an old friend.

She hits him on the head with her p*stol. After a short while, she slaps him awake.

SYDNEY: Remember me from Taipei? Red hair? I liked my teeth. Now we know about your experiments in Novgorod. How much information did you get from my sister?

LEE: Drawings... numbers...

SYDNEY: Numbers? What kinds of numbers? What kinds of numbers?

LEE: She drew an equation, coordinates that would lead to a place...

SYDNEY: What place? What are we supposed to find there?

LEE: Rambaldi.

SYDNEY: What? His body, his grave site, his consciousness...

Vaughn is predictably uninterested in this Rambaldi crap.

VAUGHN: Where's Arvin Sloane?

LEE: Sloane? How should I know where he could be?

Vaughn takes some of the extract Lee was messing with before their arrival, and droppers it onto the table. It starts eating through.

VAUGHN: Now I know you can't feel that, but you can see it, and you can imagine what it's going to feel like when I pour the rest of this on you.

SYDNEY: Vaughn!

VAUGHN: You met with Sloane in Zurich.

LEE: It was only a charity function.

VAUGHN: Don't lie to me.

LEE: He asked me about inoculations, about the Passenger.

VAUGHN: Where is he?

LEE: I don't know.

VAUGHN: Tell me where he is.

LEE: Please!

SYDNEY: Vaughn, you can't do this.

VAUGHN: Why not? He would.

SYDNEY: You're not him.

VAUGHN: Tell me where he is.

Lee's hysterical at this point.

LEE: If I knew, I would tell you.

VAUGHN: Wrong answer.

Vaughn pours the acid on Lee's hand. Lee screams.

---

Prison

27:10

JACK: You designed a lethal response security system from Arvin Sloane.

TONI: You take everything away from me, and now you expect a freebie in return?

JACK: I don't make promises.

TONI: Do you know how much being here cuts into my market share? Can't even get a lipstick in this place.

JACK: Sloane is a fugitive. Assist in his capture, and a reduction in his sentence may be considered.

TONI: I know what a player Sloane is. Capturing him must be a high priority.

She laughs.

TONI: If I help you get him, I want out with time served.

JACK: So you know where he is.

TONI: I designed a k*ller system for him, but that was two years ago.

JACK: Where is it?

TONI: I only drew up the specs. I didn't contract the job, and I don't know where it was built.

JACK: But you can find out.

TONI: I probably could.

JACK: Time served. I'll have it put in writing.

TONI: Within the hour?

JACK: Within the hour.

TONI: Good.

JACK: Now, what do you need?

---

Cargo plane

VAUGHN: I spoke to Dixon. He said that Jack and Sydney might have a lead on Sloane through Toni Cummings. We may have their location by the time we get back.

SYDNEY: What you did to Dr. Lee was unacceptable.

VAUGHN: Well you wouldn't say that if I had gotten something out of him.

SYDNEY: What he knew or didn't know is beside the point.

VAUGHN: Exactly. The point is we're trying to find your sister.

SYDNEY: And if you had gotten the answer, it still wouldn't have been okay.

VAUGHN: Sloane has her. Wouldn't you do anything to get her back?

SYDNEY: You knew we had other options.

VAUGHN: Sydney, the man tortured you. He tortured Marshall. He tortured your sister.

SYDNEY: This isn't about him. This is about you, and what I saw scared me.

VAUGHN: Yeah, well it scared me too, what I'm willing to do to find her.

VAUGHN: When I was with Dr. Lee, all I could think about was if we get to Sloane, we'll get to her. And I want to find your sister, but I need to find my wife. Lauren cannot be allowed to get away with what she's done.

SYDNEY: Well, Lauren might, and you have to be prepared to deal with that.

---

Prison

29:29

MARSHALL: So you're trying to tell me that you got a gigajoule from a gas generator?

Toni's putting on lipstick, and she laughs.

TONI: Had to. Can't have lasers without power.

Marshall laughs and says something incoherent expressing agreement.

MARSHALL: I computed a list of the equipment you specified, everything necessary to build the security system that you designed for Mr. Sloane. Now, my program here will scan multiple databases for any shipments of that gear. Hopefully we can come up with a delivery nexus.

TONI: How long did it take you to come up with that?

MARSHALL: My lunch break. We get forty-five minutes, so...

TONI: I want you.

MARSHALL: Come again?

TONI: To work for me. How much do they pay you?

MARSHALL: How much do they... a lot, a lot.

TONI: Work for me and your base will be a million a year.

MARSHALL: Oh, that's a nice base.

TONI: Mmm hmm..

MARSHALL: Um, the thing is I get really good medical, and my little guy, Mitch... have I told you about him? Well he's also covered under the CIA extension of the plan... yea...

Marshall takes out a picture of Mitchell.

TONI: Aww, cute.

MARSHALL: To be honest with you, I kind of like working for the good guys. No offense.

TONI: None taken.

MARSHALL: Oh, okay... looks like Mr. Sloane built your system in Japan, just outside of Kyoto.

TONI: When do we go?

MARSHALL: Go? We? No, no. You were supposed to tell me how to bypass the system from here.

TONI: Uh uh. Sloane had me give him seven variables. I won't know which one he used until I've accessed the on-site junction box.

MARSHALL: Okay, I totally understand, but you're ... in... jail...

TONI: On-site...

Marshall's frustrated that he's going to have to recommend Toni be released. Apparently he doesn't know Jack's already made a deal, or maybe Jack was lying.

---

K[Y]OTO

31:30

Helicopter

PILOT: We're five minutes out, switching to whisper mode.

Ahh yes, whisper mode, from Conspiracy Theory?

SYDNEY: Vaughn, I need to know that you will stay on-mission to protect Nadia no matter what else happens.

---

Kyoto, Japan

32:00

SARK: What's wrong?

SLOANE: It's what I was afraid of. She's building up a tolerance to the fluid. She needs rest.

LAUREN: Or a stronger dose.

My my, isn't Lauren helpful in suggesting ideas.

SLOANE: No. If we overload the cerebrum, her brain won't be able to function properly. She could die.

SARK: But we would have the equation, wouldn't we?

SLOANE: Don't. Don't push me, Julian.

LAUREN: You are wasting time we don't have. We have all chosen this path. Arvin, we have all made sacrifices. I trust you are willing to do the same.

---

The CIA team approaches the facility. There are some awfully chubby-looking guards.

SYDNEY: (comm) This is Mountaineer. We're on the ground.

WEISS: (comm) Copy that. Bravo is rolling hot.

Someone in "Bravo", the Humvee, takes out some guards.

WEISS: (comm) Bravo is in position.

SYDNEY: (comm) Weiss, we're proceeding to the junction box.

---

Sloane hangs another IV bag.

SLOANE: You'll be okay. I promise.

NADIA: No, I won't. I guess the angel isn't coming.

Sloane thinks about injecting her, but can't manage to get the needle into the tube because his hand is shaking.

LAUREN: Arvin?

SLOANE: I'm so sorry.

Two of Sloane's flunkies arrive with weapons pointed at Sark and Lauren.

SLOANE: I've made a terrible mistake.

---

Toni, Sydney, and Vaughn find the junction box.

TONI: This will just take me a minute.

---

Back to Sloane...

SLOANE: The deal is off. If you go quietly, you leave unharmed.

LAUREN: You remind me of my father. When he learned the CIA was close to identifying me as Covenant, he was willing to do anything to protect me, even take the fall. He loved me that much. He's dead now, because reaching this goal is far more important.

Sark and Lauren k*ll the two guards, somehow.

---

Junction Box

TONI: I'm into his system. It'll be down in seven seconds.

SYDNEY: (comm) Bravo, stand by for Go code.

WEISS: (comm) Copy, Mountaineer.

VAUGHN: (comm) Get to the rendezvous point.

TONI: Got it.

SYDNEY: (comm) Bravo Team, Go!

sh**ting starts.

---

Sloane again. Sark and Lauren have forced him to inject her.

SLOANE: You will regret this.

Vaughn and Sydney arrive at the room, and there's sh**ting. Lauren and Sark escape out a newly sh*t-out full-height window. Vaughn goes after them... well, after Lauren, at least. I don't think he's quite as upset about being stabbed by Sark as he is getting screwed by Lauren.

SYDNEY: Vaughn, we have to secure Nadia!

VAUGHN: I'm going after Lauren!

Sydney's not too terribly happy.

Vaughn runs outside, and runs into Weiss.

---

Back inside...

SYDNEY: Get away from her.

SLOANE: Sydney, please...

SYDNEY: Now. Now!

Sydney takes the restraints off of Nadia

More flunkies arrive to protect Sloane.

FLUNKIES: We've got to go, now! Go!

The flunkies pin Sydney down while Sloane escapes.

Meanwhile, Weiss and Vaughn find Sark and Lauren outside, and start chasing them. But Lauren has a rocket launcher in her Humvee, and she blows up the CIA van that's conveniently parked nearby, to force Vaughn and Weiss to find cover.

---

Back Inside... One of Sloane's g*ons is still around, or else has recently arrived.

GOON: Freeze!

Nadia sh**t him.

Sydney and Vaughn help Nadia to the helicopter.

---

Helicopter

SYDNEY: You're safe. I promise you he'll never hurt you again.

Nadia's incredulous.

NADIA: He protected me.

---

Briefing Room

DIXON: Your sister is listed in stable condition. The drawings and text you recovered are in analysis.

MARSHALL: Now, we don't have every piece but I may have enough to extrapolate a location. I should know in a day or two.

DIXON: The only blemish on a job well done is a debrief I received from the tac team leader indicating that an initial failure to secure Nadia provided Sloane an opportunity to escape. Is there anything to that?

SYDNEY: No, there isn't.

---

Rotunda

After the meeting...

SYDNEY: I won't cover for you like that again. You violated mission protocol and left Nadia behind. Nadia saved my life.

VAUGHN: It was a judgment call. I would never put your life in jeopardy.

SYDNEY: You saw a chance to get Lauren and you took it, no matter what. You didn't have my back.

VAUGHN: We got Nadia. That's what counts.

SYDNEY: I understand what you're going through, what it feels like to be betrayed. You saw how my hatred of Sloane consumed me.

SYDNEY: Vaughn, you saved me from that, from letting my anger turn me into a different person. And now it is my turn to do that for you.

SYDNEY: But you have to let me. You have to listen to me when I tell you the person you are right now is not the person you want to be.

SYDNEY: I told you I didn't know if we could figure things out between us. I still don't. But I do know we can't even begin to try until you deal with this.

---

Rotunda

DIXON: Jack. Our concern with Nadia has made Irina's affair with Sloane common knowledge around here. That can't be easy on you. If you want to talk...

JACK: I'm good, thanks.

---

Los Angeles

41:48

Jack shows up at Katya's.

JACK: For the record, I can go through this alone.

They kiss.

---

Vaughn opens Jack's storage facility and picks out a r*fle (Remington 700, maybe). He flips up only one scope cover (go Vaughn, always in the dark!), aims at something -- presumably a wall -- and pulls the trigger.

Cut to black.