04x03 - Versus

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu". Aired: January 2011 to present.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

"Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu" revolves around the adventures of six ninja: Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, Lloyd, and Nya.

04x03 - Versus

Post by bunniefuu »

Sensei Wu: Previously: On Ninjago.

Master Chen: Welcome to the Tournament of Elements. Only one can remain. Goodbye.

Karloff: (Screams)

Kai: Tonight we find Zane and get off this crazy island. This tournament isn't about glory, its about Chen stealing aal of our elemental powers.

[Theme song plays]

Sensei Wu: Episode 37 - Versus.

Zane 2.0: Ah. Ah. (Grunts) Ah!

Titanium Dragon: (Growls)

P.I.X.A.L.: Zane? Are you still there? If you can hear me, wake up. You need to wake up.

Zane 2.0: (Gasps) It was only a dream.

P.I.X.A.L.: It's amazing you dream. I've always wondered what it's like. You've always been special.

Zane 2.0: Where am I? Who are you?

P.I.X.A.L.: I'm P.I.X.A.L., a friend. And you're in danger and have to get out of here. Your memory drive is out of sorts and your elemental power...

Zane 2.0: Elemental power?

P.I.X.A.L.: You're a nindroid, Zane, a ninja. And your friends are here to save you. But they can't do it all. You have to remember who you are.

Zane 2.0: Friends?

P.I.X.A.L.: Remember, Zane. You saved your friends and then rebuilt yourself. There are things about you that you don't understand. That you have yet to discover. But if we're ever going to get out of here, you have to remember.

Zane 2.0: P.I.X.A.L. We are compatible?

P.I.X.A.L.: Yes, Zane. Yes, we are.

Nya: Sure, Jay's cute funny, and I'm always laughing around him, but everything's about him, and he never takes me seriously.

Sensei Wu: (Snoring)

Nya: More light, please.

Sensei Wu: Right. He never takes you seriously.

Nya: Then there's Cole. He's handsome, and I suppose I connect with him on a deeper level, but everything's so serious with him, you know what I mean? Socket wrench.

Sensei Wu: Young emotions are... complicated.

Nya: Sensei, these are needle-nose pliers. I asked for a socket-wrench. And could you at least try to impart some wisdom?

Sensei Wu: No way. I'm not sticking my finger into that beehive. Misako. Any word?

Misako: Nothing. It's been days and still no word from Garmadon or the ninja. I'm worried.

Sensei Wu: As am I. It's time we broaden our search.

Nya: Well, then it's a good thing I made a mobile base in case the Destiny Bounty was ever out of commission. I call it... the D.B. Express! Mm, not married to the name.

Misako: Find my family, Nya.

Nya: I'm on my way.

Sensei Wu: Wherever they are, at least my brother is there to guide them.

Misako: This is my husband we're talking about. And that's what worries me.

All: (Chattering)

Anacondrai Chef: Next! Uh-uh, nothing for you.

Sensei Garmadon: There's a valuable lesson here, son. If you turn your back on your evil sensei in an effort to go straight, you may not be served creamy biscuits.

Anacondrai Chef: Next!

Lloyd: Well, I know what we are being served. A whole bunch of baloney. This isn't a fighting tournament, it's an alibi for Chen to steal everyone's powers. But we still don't know why.

Kai: Isn't it obvious? Chen wants to destroy New Ninjago City. I don't what it is., but that place has had a string of bad luck.

Cole: I'm not so sure. From what Sensei G's told us about him, I have a feeling it's something far more sinister.

Jay: And may I remind us, we still don't know where Zane is. Which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time. Don't look at me. Ive already moved on.

Cole: Your opponent got himself kicked out.

Jay: Ha, ha. Either way, it's my day off. Extra creamy biscuits. And don't skimp.

Cole: Taking a day off? And here I thought ninja never quit.

Jay: And I used to think a ninja wouldn't steal your girlfriend.

Sensei Garmadon: Whatever you have to say to each other, say it now, because harboring grudges hurts no one but yourselves.

Lloyd: He's right. You should be preparing to fight your next opponent, not each other.

Cole: What grudge? I already dropped it.

Jay: I dropped it first.

Cole: Did not.

Jay: Did too.

Both: (Bickering)

Sensei Garmadon: This tournament will test them, Lloyd. Either find a way for them to make peace, or neither of them will move on.

Master Chen (Over PA): The Tournament of Elements continues. Fun rime! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assigned area? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last and hopefully not least...

Jay: Huh, maybe we all got the day off.

Master Chen (Over PA): Fire!

Kai: (Gasps)

Master Chen (Over PA): Remember, only one can remain.

All: (Cheering)

Master Chen: Turner, Master of Speed, versus Gravis, Master of Gravity. Fight!

Griffin Turner: (Grunting)

Master Chen: Neuro, Master of Mind versus Bolobo, Master of Nature! Fight!

Bolobo: (Gibberish)

Lloyd: They call this a fight?

Sensei Garmadon: Wait for it.

Nuero: (Grunting)

Bolobo: (Yells)

Master Chen: Kai, Master of Fire, versus Ash, Master of Smoke! Fight!

Both: (Grunting)

Ash: (Grunts)

Lloyd: Come on, Kai, you can do it.

Ash: (Laughs)

Ash: (Laughs)

Master Chen: (Laughing)

Crowd: (Cheering)

Bolobo: (Yelling)

Sensei Garmadon: Never underestimate the power of the mind.

Nuero: I didn't see that coming.

'Lloyd: In man vs nature, nature usually wins.

Bolobo: (Laughing)

Gravis: (Grunting)

Griffin Turner: What, can't keep up? I'm over here. Can't catch me. This doesn't look good.

Gravis: (Laughing)

Kai: Whoa! Ninja, go!

Lloyd: Come on, Kai. Use your power.

Kai: Fire!
Nuero: (Groaning)

Bolobo: (Laughing) (Groaning)

Nuero: Yeah!

Master Chen: Winner! Loser!

Bolobo: (Screams)

Master Chen: Master of Mind moves on.

Gravis: (Laughing)

Griffin Turner: Yeah!

Master Chen: Winner! Loser.

Gravis: (Laughing) (Grunts then Screams)

Griffin Turner: Whoa. How many buttons does that man have?

Master Chen: Master of Speed move on.

Kai: (Grunting)

Master Chen: No magic. I'm enjoying this.

Ash: (Grunting)

Master Chen: Winner!

Master Chen: Loser. Master of Fire moves on.

Ash: (Screams)

Master Chen: (Laughs)

Clouse: Master, it was the ninja who snuck into our ceremony, yet we allow them to move forward. I beg you, let me use my sorcery and put an end to this.

Master Chen: We'll use your magic in time, but not now. Not when there are other ways to whistle them down. Perhaps it's time to switch things up. (Laughing Manically)

Jay: What's all the commotion?

All: (Gasps)

Cole: No. He can't do this.

Lloyd: He already did.

Cole: We gotta fight each other.

Jay: Ah, but why does it say I have to fight Cole? It didn't say that before. I'm not ready to fight. It was supposed to be my day off.

Cole: I tried to warn you, but you never listen. Talk? Yes. Listen? Not so much.

Clouse: Is there a problem, ninja?

Cole: You cheated! You changed the brackets!

Clouse: Oopsie. (Laughing)

Lloyd: What do we do? They can't fight each other. We came here to before whole not fall further apart.

Sensei Garmadon: You can;t undo what's been done. My only advice is to be at peace with it.

Jay: Peace? One of us has to lose! Oh, my gosh, it's totally gonna be me. He's got super strength and what do I have? Quick tell me! What do I have?

Lloyd: Don't listen to my dad. We find Zane then none of us have to battle. Your fight isn't until tonight so we still have time to figure out what Chen's up to and stop this.

Kai: I think I know just the person who can help and I think he already knows.

Lloyd: We need your help, Neuro.

Neuro: You think I can get close to Chen to read his mind, so you can find your robotic friend and not have to fight.

Kai: Don't forget...

Neuro: You still need to know what Chen's up to because he's hiding something.

Jay: That's really impressive, Nerdo.

Neuro: It's Neuro, Master of Mind. And Cole thinks Jay won't last long in a fight.

Jay: Pfft. You think that?

Cole: You just sait it yourself.

Jay: But you didn't have to believe it.

Neuro: Don't be offended, Cole. Jay here thinks you're the least valuable ninja.

Cole: You don't say!

Lloyd: We wanted you to help, Neuro, not make things worse.

Neruo: But why would I help? You're competition. The sooner you're out, the better for me.

Neuro: If you want what's best for you, just look into my head and you'll see what this tournament is all about.

Karof: (Grunts)

Lloyd: It's only a mater of time before Chen steals your power too. So are you in?

Neuro: (Groans)

Zane 2.0: (Grunting)

P.I.X.A.L.: Zane, you're built differently. You have to search deep within yourself. Yes, that's it! You're remembering.

Man 1: Tonight's fight is gonna be epic. Who do you got? Jay or Cole?

Man 2: I'm a Cole man. Never liked the color blue. What's that grinding sound? Heh, guess I was just hearing things. Come on., let's go.

P.I.X.A.L.: It's not safe. I suggest you break out when everyone's at the big fight.

Zane 2.0: You mean, we must break out.

P.I.X.A.L.: Yes. Of course.

Master Chen: Ha-ha-ha, not so tight.

Clouse: The floor is restricted.

Neuro: Clouse. I was just leaving.

Clouse: I saw you speaking with the ninja. It'd be a shame if the other fighters were to find out you were... helping them.

Neuro: Of course not. I'm the Master of the Mind, I'm smarter than that.

Jay: (Grunting) Thinks it'll be an easy fight. Well, I'll show him! (Grunting) (Laughs)

Cole: (Grunting)

Kai: You're cutting it close. So did you see into his head?

Neuro: (Panting) I'm sorry. I couldn't get past Clouse.

Jay: Good. Then we can finally put our feud to rest... gladiator style.

Neuro: But I did something. For a brief moment, I saw inside Clouse's mind. The powers he's collecting they are for a spell. A spell for what? I don't know. But it's in his spell book, on page 149. I'm sorry it's not enough to stop the fight. I wish I could've done more.

Kai: That's okay, you've done what you could.

Lloyd: (Sighs) You don't have to say it.

Cole: It was inevitable we were gonna have to face each other. May as well be Jay. This fight's been a long time coming.

Lloyd: Well, I'm not at peace with this, but doesn't mean you still can't find peace with each other. We don't have control when we fight, but we do have control how we fight. Jay's not your enemy, Chen is. Remember that.

Cole: Wu once said the best way to defeat your enemy is to make him your friend, but how are you supposed to defeat your friend?

Sensei Garmadon: You tried your best, the rest is up to them.

Lloyd: I hope they can see that too.

Master Chen: Let the tournament continue! Jay, Master of Lightning versus Cole, Master of--

Jay: Ha, ha. That's all you've got? Least valuable ninja!

Cole: Eat drit, Blue-belle!

Master Chen: (Laughing) Oh, Clouse, go get me popcorn. This is turning out better than I anticipated.

P.I.X.A.L.: Hurry, Zane. Before they come back.

Zane 2.0: I'm through. No that's get out of here. P.I.X.A.L. You're... You're...

P.I.X.A.L.: Scrapped. I know, but I couldn't tell you. Not when you needed to get out of here. Sadly, this is where my journey ends, but not for you. Zane, you must go alone. Find your friends. Stop Chen. I know you have it in you and don't worry about me. I will always be a part of you.

Zane 2.0: You're right. You will always be a part of me.

P.I.X.A.L.: Zane, what are you--? Zane, you've taken my neural drive and inputted into your processor. You're ingenious!

Zane 2.0: Not ingenious. Upgraded. I'm sure there will be other surprises about me we'll find out together, but until then, let's both get of--

P.I.X.A.L.: Zane, behind you! Initiate evasive--

Clouse: Next time, maybe it would be best to tie up the nindroid woth chains thick enough that he couldn't cut through.

Cole: (Grunting)

Jay: Stronger than you thought, eh? That's your betrayal flowing through my veins.

Cole: I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet when you're...

Jay: ...out of the tournament.

Both: (Yelling)

Cole: What are we doing? I don't want you out. You're not my enemy, Chen is.

Jay: Oh, sure, lower my guard by pretending to be my friend, then swoop in to steal the prize. Typical Cole maneuver.

Cole: I never meant to hurt you, Jay. If I knew it would destroy our friendship, I'd take it all back.

Jay: Well, if we're being honest, I was upset about losing Nya, but I take blame for that. I was more upset about losing you. We used to be good friends.

Cole: The best! Right? We should've been honest with each other, instead of bottling this up.

Jay: Agreed. But how are we supposed to stop fighting? We can't both win.

Cole: Well, maybe we can draw it out till they call it a tie. Quick, att*ck me. But not hard.

Master Chen: Ah, what is this? Patty cake? I'm bored! Release the Condrai Crushers!

Cole: I got your back.

Jay: And I've got yurs!

Both: Ninja, go!

Anacondrai Soldier: Ah. Huh?

Sensei Garmadon: Ah, they fight together. Good work, son.

Lloyd: Yeah, I do listen to you every once in awhile.

Anacondrai Soldier: (Laughs)

Cole: (Grunts)

Anacondrai Soldier: (Growls) (Whimpering)

Master Chen: Enough! I know what you are trying to do. If neither of you will win, then both of you will lose!

Crowd: (Clamoring)

Cole: We can't both lose. Chen's right, there can only be one.

Jay: And it should be you. You and I know I'm lucky to have even made it this far. You take the Jade Blade.

Master Chen: Winner! Loser. Master of Lightning moves on.

Cole: She's yours, Jay. I should've bowed out long ago. Win this thing. (Screams)

Master Chen: Ah. About time. Phew!

Sensei Garmadon: Cole may be gone, but he did not lose. Let what he did here today be a lesson for us all. Know thine enemy, but more importantly know thy friend. He fought like a true ninja.

Nya: Why did you call me here? Zane's beacon. Coming from somewhere off the coast. But that's impossible. Sensei Wu, come in? This is Nya, do you read? I think I may have found the ninja.