04x10 - 4-1-1

Complete Collection of episode transcripts. Aired: July 1, 2008 to June 3, 2013.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Amy Juergens finds out she's pregnant after a fling at band camp, her whole world changes as she deals with family, friends, school and life.

04x10 - 4-1-1

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”

OTTAVI: Now, you've made a lot of positive changes in the past couple of months.

ADRIAN: And the next positive change is that I want to get pregnant again.

OTTAVI: You're trying to have a baby to save a marriage that you never really wanted in the first place.

MARGARET: I just want some time alone with my husband.

RICKY: But we don't have room for her. Where would she sleep?

AMY: We can all stay at my parents' house.

ADRIAN: I would like you to go ahead, and move out.

BEN: And what if you had gotten pregnant again? I know.

ADRIAN: You and I, we're not friends anymore.

GRACE: Fine.

AMY: Look, I know what you're here for.

ADRIAN: What am I here for?

AMY: And you know what, you can't have him.

ADRIAN: Just check his phone.

BEN: Adrian is still in love with Ricky.

LEO: I feel a little relieved.

BETTY: Well, would you feel relieved if we split up?

NORA: Maybe I could rent Ashley's room from you. Maybe I could live here.

AMY:1 Are you hiding something?

RICKY: I'm not hiding anything.

AMY: Which doesn't mean that you don't have messages from Adrian.

RICKY: Either you trust me, or you don't.

ADRIAN: Aren't you bored just talking to? Good night, Ricky.

RICKY: What are you doing?

JUERGENS' HOUSE/RICKY'S APARTMENT

Amy is at phone with Ricky.

AMY(at phone): It's been a week. A whole week.

RICKY(at phone): It may be longer. I don't want to be with someone who can't trust me. I thought you trusted me.

AMY(at phone): I do trust you. I do! That's why I stood up for you, I stood up for you when Karlee accused you of trying to sleep with her.

RICKY(at phone): And yet, you didn't trust me enough to know that if I have messages from Adrian, they don't mean anything, they don't mean anything at all. They were meant to be a record so if you ever questioned why she called, or what she said or anything else, I'd have some evidence that I've done nothing.Did you see that I didn't reply to any of that stuff?

AMY(at phone): Ricky, please? Please just let me come back to the apartment.

RICKY(at phone): I'll see you at school.

AMY(at phone): No, I can't take it anymore, I can't. I just can't. I don't think I can come to school. Dad's taking John to the nursery.

(KNOCKING ON DOOR)

RICKY(at phone): Someone's at my door. I have to go.

AMY(at phone): Who is it, Adrian?

RICKY(at phone): If it is Adrian, I didn't invite her over here. Tell you what, hold on, and I'll tell you. It's not Adrian.

RICKY'S APARTMENT

Ricky finds a former friend.

ETHAN: No, it's not Adrian, it's me.

RICKY: Long time. How'd you find me?

ETHAN: Phone app. Find Ricky. It's new.

RICKY: And why'd you want to find me?

ETHAN: I think I might be getting arrested.

RICKY: Arrested for what, then? You better not be doing dr*gs or drinking. 'Cause if you're doing that stuff, I can't help you. I won't help you.

ETHAN: No, that's not the problem.

RICKY: Oh, God. Sex with an underage girl?

ETHAN: I'm underage. And, no, it wasn't that.

RICKY: What is it? I don't have a lot of time here, and I've got problems of my own.

ETHAN: I sent a picture of my girlfriend out to everyone on my phone list.

RICKY: What's wrong with sending a picture of your girlfriend to everyone on your phone list?

ETHAN: She was in a state of undress.

RICKY: Huh?

ETHAN: She didn't have any clothes on. Any.

RICKY: Why would you share a picture like that?

ETHAN: She's hot. And she broke up with me, and I was angry.

RICKY: That was a really stupid thing to do. For her. For you. Those kind of photos get out there, you can't get them back. Any time anyone puts her name into a computer in the future, that photo you sent out could pop up when she applies to college, or for a job, or... This is serious.

ETHAN: Yeah, I realize that. Her father already had it out for me.

RICKY: Oh geez, Ethan.

ETHAN: I know, I know. So can you help me out? You gotta be over 18 now, you could be responsible for me. And I got to get someone to be responsible for me, and... This is a nice place.

RICKY: Uh-uh. I can't. I have a son. I'm sure you've heard. I had a baby with my girlfriend. They live here.

ETHAN: They live here? Doesn't look like they live here. You sure?

RICKY: Yeah, go in the other room, there are toys and a bed, and... It wouldn't matter, I can't be responsible for you. I don't think the authorities would even let me, and I just can't. I have to take care of Amy and John, and I'm going to college next year, and...

ETHAN: Man, whatever. Don't worry about it. Just go with me to turn myself in, that's all I'm asking.

RICKY: That's all, huh? I'll go with you, okay? I just have to make a phone call first. I'm gonna call my mom and see if she can do anything. Did you have breakfast?

ETHAN: No, I haven't had breakfast, not for most of my life.

RICKY: Been there. I'll get you something.

ETHAN: Yeah.

MARGARET'S APARTMENT

Nora talks with Margaret.

MARGARET: No, we're fine with you staying here, if that's okay with George, it's okay with us.

NORA: You look strange. You look happy.

MARGARET: I am happy.

NORA: No, you're not a happy person. Not normally. Normally, you're very serious. Maybe you're getting sick or something.

MARGARET: No, I'm not sick or something. And, yeah, sometimes I am serious, but I am a happy person.

NORA: When?

MARGARET: When I'm not dealing with other people's problems, when I can just relax and enjoy my husband and my home.

NORA: Nah, that's not it. I'm going with sick or something. Or maybe you're getting that empty-nest syndrome women your age get.

MARGARET: Women my age, huh? Well, if I got anything, it's whatever the opposite of the empty-nest syndrome is.

MARGARET'S APARTMENT/RICKY'S APARTMENT

Ricky calls Margaret.

NORA: You gonna answer that?

MARGARET: Ricky.

NORA: Oh, I'm not talking to him.

MARGARET: Why not?

NORA: 'Cause he's not being very nice to Amy.

MARGARET(at phone): Are you not being very nice to Amy?

RICKY(at phone): Who told you that?

MARGARET(at phone): How many times do I have to say it?

RICKY(at phone): I'm being nice, and I'm going to be nicer. I'm going to talk to her when I get to school. But before I can get to school, I have one little problem. Remember that kid who lived with us for a while?

MARGARET(at phone): Ethan? The one that everyone is looking for, because of that sexting incident? Is he there?

RICKY(at phone): He's not here, but I could probably find him.

ETHAN: I owe you.

MARGARET(at phone): Ricky, don't get caught up in this mess. He is in serious trouble. Now if you know where he is, you better tell me.

NORA(at phone): And get your ass over here and talk to Amy. She's been crying for days.

MARGARET: What is that about?

NORA: They broke up.

THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – OPEN CREDITS

CONDO

Ben has a conversation with Adrian.

BEN: So, according to the prenup, you don't own the place, but my dad says that you're out of college. Cable, utilities, all that stuff included.

ADRIAN: That's not in the prenup.

BEN: I know, but my dad's feeling very generous right now, and he knows that you'll be starting college in the fall, and you can keep it, and everything in it until you graduate. That's what he said.

ADRIAN: Wow. Uh... Do I have to give you the ring back?

BEN: No, you might want to move it to the other hand, but, uh, no. Keep the ring. So, friends?

ADRIAN: Sure. Even friends with benefits, if you want.

BEN: That's, uh, not an offer I had anticipated, what with Ricky and all.

ADRIAN: But again, I loved you.

BEN: And I loved you. So... Who knows? Maybe some day I'll take you up on that.

ADRIAN: How about today?

BEN: We have to go to school. Come on, why would you do that? You're in love with Ricky.

ADRIAN: Because we're friends, and we're still married. We're married friends. So? One for the road?

BEN: I can't. We shouldn't. Ah, why not?

JUERGENS' HOUSE

George wants Amy to go out.

GEORGE: Amy, come on, you have to go to school.

AMY: Why do I have to miss school. I can miss one day of school. I can't go to school like this. Dad, I have been to school every single day this week just to try to talk to Ricky, and he still won't talk to me, not really. He just wants more time and more time. I screwed everything up, Dad.

GEORGE: You screwed everything up? He's been hiding the fact that Adrian's been calling him. He screwed everything up.

AMY: No, I had no right to check his phone messages.

GEORGE: No, you didn't, but everyone does it.

AMY: Everyone like who?

GEORGE: I don't know. Doesn't everyone?

AMY: Do you?

GEORGE: Do I what?

AMY: Do you sneak around and do you listen to my phone messages, and Mom's and Ashley's?

GEORGE: Your mom and your sister aren't even here.

AMY: You're not saying...

GEORGE: What? I pay the bill.

AMY: Dad, I can't believe that you've been listening to my phone messages!

GEORGE: No, I haven't. I don't know the password. But I mean the text messages and emails, they're right there on the phone. It hasn't happened that many times. And, hey, you don't think Ricky has ever checked your phone? Are you kidding? You think he hasn't done the exact same thing you did? Why wouldn't he?

AMY: Why would he? There's nothing on my phone he'd be interested in. Besides, he's not that kind of person.

GEORGE: Yes, he is. Anyone can be that kind of person under the wrong circumstances, or right... Whatever.

AMY: No, not Ricky, he wouldn't do that.

GEORGE: Well, yes, he would do that. He probably did do that. Ask him.

AMY: No! He's already angry enough at me without making him angrier.

GEORGE: I'll ask him. You go to school, I'll ask him. Why does anyone even have emails or texts you wouldn't want anyone to look at? You know what they call emails and texts in a courtroom? Evidence. Yeah. Found out the hard way.

RICKY'S APARTMENT

Ethan is still here.

ETHAN: Sure you don't want to take a quick look just for reference?

RICKY: No. I don't. How old is she?

ETHAN: Sixteen.

RICKY: How old are you?

ETHAN: Fourteen, but I'll be 15. I'll be in high school next year, I hope.

RICKY: How long was this girl your girlfriend?

ETHAN: Three weeks.

RICKY: Oh, geez. She sent you a picture like that when you'd only been together three weeks?

ETHAN: She sent it to me the first week. You know, it's a status thing to have a picture like that. She sent it to me showing it to guys.

RICKY: Did she know you were sending it to guys?

ETHAN: I wasn't. broke up with me. I was offended, you know?

RICKY: You need some help.

ETHAN: That's what I'm here for.

RICKY: Some professional help.

ETHAN: As much as you get around, you're like a professional.

RICKY: No, I'm not. And I've changed a lot since you saw me.

When did you last see me?

ETHAN: Three years?

RICKY: What happened? Why'd you leave our house? Refresh my memory.

ETHAN: I stole something from the house, a set of knives. Not steak knives, scalpels. They belonged to the doctor.

RICKY: Oh, yeah, I remember, antiques. What were you going to do with scalpels?

ETHAN: Are you kidding? They were beautiful. I got hundred bucks for them on the street.

RICKY: And what did you do with the hundred bucks?

ETHAN: Sneakers. They're gonna put me in jail this time. You know they are.

RICKY: I don't know anything other than you have to turn yourself in. If the cops are looking for you, you have to turn yourself in. And you're still under 18, so, hopefully, they won't put you in jail.

(KNOCKING ON DOOR)

RICKY: Why aren't you at school?

AMY: Why aren't you at school?

RICKY: I have a situation I have to take care of.

AMY: Oh, and what is that?

ETHAN: Sorry.

RICKY: Get out here.

ETHAN: Hey, she's hot.

HIGH SCHOOL

Grace walks in front of Adrian without a word, Adrian talks to her.

ADRIAN: Hey, wait up. I want to apologize, okay? I admit I did call Grant and Jack just to make you crazy. And I apologize.

GRACE: Well, at least you didn't call Daniel. You didn't call Daniel? How did you even find him?

ADRIAN: He's listed, geez.

GRACE: You would do that? You would go after my new boyfriend?

ADRIAN: Well, there wasn't much point in going after your old boyfriends, you don't really care about them. And they turned me down.

GRACE: Good. But I care about you, and I care that you're just trying to hurt me.

ADRIAN: You told Amy that I was trying to seduce Ben. That I was trying to trick him into getting me pregnant.

GRACE: Yeah, well, you are, or you were.

ADRIAN: No, I'm not. And Ben and I are just friends now.

GRACE: Yeah, because now you want Ricky back.

ADRIAN: And you told Amy that, too.

GRACE: So what? You don't even care that Amy has tried to be your friend. You're going after Ricky anyway. I think that's horrible, Adrian, that's really horrible. They have a son.

ADRIAN: Hey, hey, they broke up, he's fair game. If not me, it'll be someone else.

GRACE: What are you talking about? They didn't break up. Where'd you hear that?

ADRIAN: From Ricky.

GRACE: So you're talking to Ricky?

ADRIAN: I talked to Ricky, yes. And, Amy is no longer at the apartment.

GRACE: Well, that makes me sad, really sad. It looked like everything was going to work out for them.

ADRIAN: Yeah, it almost never does when two teenagers have a baby together.

GRACE: But it could. It could if their friends and family supported them, maybe. And that's the right thing to do, don't you think? To support Amy and Ricky being together as opposed to trying to break them up? I mean, it's difficult enough for them, already, I'm sure, without someone intentionally trying to break them up. You don't want to do that, Adrian. You're really not that type of person, are you?

ADRIAN: Maybe I am. 'Cause, well, thinking about being with him makes me happy.

GRACE: Yeah, but other things, other, guys, could make you really happy if you're ready for that. Look, if I could get you a really, really hot date, would you go out then? I mean, you and Ben, you're not divorced yet, right? But do you guys have, like, a agreement about that sort of thing?

ADRIAN: You're going to get me a really hot date?

GRACE: Yes, Daniel has friends, you know. And a really cute one that lives upstairs.

ADRIAN: Does he look like Daniel?

GRACE:Yeah.

ADRIAN: Then I'd definitely be interested.

HIGH SCHOOL/DANIEL'S CONDO

Grace calls Daniel.

DANIEL(at phone): Hey, Grace.

GRACE(at phone): Help.

DANIEL(at phone): What kind of help did you need?

GRACE(at phone): Well, first of all, I need you to always be honest with me and tell me when Adrian calls you.

DANIEL(at phone): It's not something that I wanted to text you about, and I haven't seen you to tell you.

GRACE(at phone): Good excuse.

DANIEL(at phone): Grace, I've had finals all week. I'm a little crazy right now. If it ever happens again, which I doubt that it will because I've blocked her from my phone, I will tell you. I'll text you right away.

GRACE(at phone): Really? You blocked her?

DANIEL(at phone): I blocked her.

GRACE(at phone): Well, you still should have told me and since you didn't maybe you owe me?

DANIEL(at phone): I don't know if I owe you, but what'd you have in mind?

GRACE(at phone): Okay, we need to find Adrian a date.

DANIEL(at phone): Isn't she married?

GRACE(at phone): No.

DANIEL(at phone): Yes, she is.

GRACE(at phone): Not really, no.

DANIEL(at phone): What does that mean?

GRACE(at phone): It means they're getting a divorce and they have an agreement.

DANIEL(at phone): Okay, well, still, I don't want to play matchmaker.

GRACE(at phone): We have to find Adrian a date. Otherwise, she's going to go after Ricky and she's going to get hurt, and I don't want that. I'm her friend, or I'm trying to be her friend.

DANIEL(at phone): Who would I fix her up with?

GRACE(at phone): That guy upstairs.

DANIEL(at phone): What guy upstairs? There are 50 guys upstairs. Oh, no. No. No. No, no, no. He's a player. A girl who just lost a baby and is getting a divorce does not need a player. She really doesn't even need to be dating, does she?

GRACE(at phone): Well, she can handle a player, she dated Ricky for years.

DANIEL(at phone): I so don't want to be involved in this.

GRACE(at phone): You're the one who told me to try to be her friend. I'm trying to be her friend.

DANIEL(at phone): I'm trying not to be her friend.

GRACE(at phone): Please?

HIGH SCHOOL

Madison talks with Lauren about graduation.

MADISON: But Jesse is graduating in a couple of weeks.

LAUREN: Yeah, but I'm going to graduation and all that other stuff that graduates do.

MADISON: But he'll be going away to school.

LAUREN: He's coming back here on the weekends, or I'll go there on the weekends.

MADISON: I wish you would have told me that you still wanted to get back together with him.

LAUREN: I've always wanted to get back together with him.

MADISON: Yeah, but you didn't say anything. And I broke up with Jack.

LAUREN: That has nothing to do with me and Jesse.

MADISON: Yes, it does. I would have just hung in there for a couple of weeks until school was over and we could have done all the senior stuff together.

LAUREN: Jack broke up with you.

MADISON: Yes, but I accepted. I wouldn't have accepted.

(Amy joins them)

AMY: Accepted what?

MADISON: Oh, hey, Amy, how are you?

LAUREN: Hey, we looked for you when we got to school this morning.

AMY: Yeah, I'm a little late, I just got here.

MADISON: Are you okay?

AMY: Um, no, not really. I went by Ricky's apartment to see if we could talk, but there was some kid over there, and he obviously cared more about talking to him right now.

LAUREN: Whose kid?

MADISON: Yeah, whose kid? Does he have another kid?

AMY: No, no, no, no, no. Just some kid who lived with him when he was at his mother's house. 387His mother had other foster kids in and out while Ricky was living there, and this one just showed up. I wasn't even going to come in today but I do want to talk to him. I want to ask him something. If I can even get him to talk to me. Do you guys think that Ricky's ever looked through my phone? Ever checked my text messages or emails or anything like that?

BOTH: Yes.

AMY: What?

MADISON: Everybody does it. And you're living together. So, unless you've had your phone in your possession every moment of every day, then I'm sure he has.

AMY: Do you do that? Either of you? Have you ever looked through your boyfriend's phone without them knowing about it?

LAUREN: No. But Jesse and I trust each other.

MADISON: Oh, come on.

LAUREN: I've looked through Jason's. You never looked through Ashley's?

AMY: No. You looked through Jack's phone?

MADISON: Well, yes, and it wasn't always easy, either. It was usually when he'd run into some fast food place or something and leave it in the car.

AMY: You're kidding me. Did you find anything that, like, bothered you?

MADISON: No, he just sends really dumb texts.

AMY: Any texts to Grace?

MADISON: (SCOFFS) Yeah. The dumbest texts of all. But the thing is, if you look at his texts or emails, you can't say anything.

LAUREN: No. Yeah, you have to come up with some other way that you got the information that you sneaked around to get,or at least say that you got it somewherelse.

LAUREN: Yeah, I'm really careful with what I say in my texts or emails, especially after that mis-mail to my dad that time.

AMY: Am I the only one here who feels guilty about looking through someone's phone that's not mine?

MADISON: Probably. But you are a good girl.

LAUREN: Yeah. Always have been.

AMY: I'm a teenage mother.

LAUREN: Yeah, I bet that happens mostly to good girls.

Adrian arrives, Madison and Lauren leave.

ADRIAN: Oh, hi, Amy. Girls.

AMY: Hey, Adrian.

ADRIAN: I was looking for you. I heard about you and Ricky. I'm so sorry.

AMY: I don't know what you're talking about.

ADRIAN: Yeah, you do. So how long have you been out, a week now?

AMY: Just for your information, Ricky has a kid who needed some help staying with him. He's not interested in you anyway, whether I'm there or not.

ADRIAN: He might be. Especially when he hears I'm dating again.

AMY: What? Come on. What do you mean? You're dating your husband again? You're going out with Ben again?

ADRIAN: Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Not Ben. Other guys. Guys that Ricky would be jealous of. Guys that are in college. Guys that Grace's boyfriend thinks I should meet. You know, so I can get out of high school, and try out a whole new playing field. Oh, uh, by the way, you listened to my phone messages?

AMY: So what? You never listened to any of Ben's phone messages? Never checked any of his text messages or emails?

ADRIAN: Of course not.

AMY: You're lying. I think.

ADRIAN: Well, we'll never know, will we? Because if I ever did do something so unscrupulous as to check Ben's phone, well, I definitely didn't get caught.

RUBEN'S OFFICE

Ruben has an conversation with Ethan and the girl's father.

RUBEN: It's child p*rn?

ETHAN: Child p*rn? You saw the picture.

RUBEN: She's a minor.

FATHER: She's a child. She's my child, and you sent around pictures of her, naked.

ETHAN: She's 16. She knew what she was doing when she sent me that picture.

FATHER: So you didn't take the picture? Who took the picture?

ETHAN: She took the picture.

RUBEN: So anyway, the problem is that you forwarded the photo. That's distributing child p*rn.

ETHAN: Again, she is not a child. She is not, sir. And she doesn't even care that I sent it around. I mean, yeah, other guys' girlfriends have gotten upset, but they're not like her.

FATHER: Are you kidding me? She's devastated.

ETHAN: She's devastated you saw it and found out about it. She wanted me to... Okay, maybe not wanted, but she doesn't care if people see the photo. She considers it art.

FATHER: Oh, my...

ETHAN: And she's very... You know, she has a lot of... Confidence.

FATHER: Okay, look, you little loser, you can't send naked pictures of my daughter around to half the school and not go to jail for it.

RUBEN: Uh... Ethan, you want to step back outside?

ETHAN: Certainly.

Ethan goes out and finds Margaret.

ETHAN: What happened to the dude?

MARGARET: The dude...is in school. I sent him back to school.

ETHAN: You're still telling him what to do? He's 18.

MARGARET: I'm going to be telling him what to do until he's 40. Maybe longer.

ETHAN: Lucky him.

MARGARET: So you tired of getting in trouble yet?

ETHAN: You know, I don't know what the big deal is.

MARGARET: The big deal is you broke the law again. Let me ask you something. Were those new sneakers worth getting taken out of our house?

ETHAN: No. Guy stole 'em from me two weeks later.

MARGARET: They actually let you have your phone back?

POLICEMAN: You're back up. Let's go.

MARGARET: Um...

BUTCHER SHOP

Nora talks with Bunny.

NORA: Do you ever pick up your kids' phones and check out the messages on them?

BUNNY: Who's asking, you, or did one of my kids complain?

NORA: No, it's me. It's just me. I just know someone that that happened to.

BUNNY: Is that why those two are upset? He got nosy with her phone?

NORA: No, the other way around.

BUNNY: Oh, geez. Oh, let me guess. Messages from Adrian?

NORA: Yeah. And Amy got caught listening to them.

BUNNY: How'd she get the password?

NORA: It was "John."

BUNNY: They all pick stupid passwords, if left to themselves. My daughters and I have an agreement. I have full access to anything on their phones and the passwords to check the phones. And once a week I do check them. Never on the same day, never the same time. Cuts down on any of the phone crap. Have you ever seen pictures of my daughters?

NORA: No.

BUNNY: There's a reason for that.

NORA: What's the reason?

BUNNY: They're hot. And they don't need to be advertised around this joint with the two hounds I'm sorry. I forgot that one of them is your son.

NORA: So, you have hot daughters, huh?

BUNNY: Like that's a surprise. It's a blessing and a curse. I have got them in all-girls private schools and I'm going to keep them in an all-girls private school until they've got PhDs.

NORA: That's gonna make 'em gay, you know. I'm kidding.

BUNNY: Not that I would mind. I might prefer that. Cut down on the chance for some guy to do something stupid and get one of them... Again, I'm sorry.

NORA: Oh, apology accepted. I know it's not the best thing that happened to Ricky and Amy and John, but it's not like nothing good came of it.

Leo enters in the store.

Leo: Ladies.

BUNNY: Oh. Hi.

LEO: Right, I haven't seen you since I fired you from the office. Sorry about that, Bunny.

NORA: And what about me?

LEO: You I have to talk to.

NORA: Because?

LEO: I guess folks are going to know. Betty and I are splitting up.

BUNNY: Oh, what happened?

LEO: She wants to go to college.

BUNNY: Oh, you're not joking.

LEO: No, I'm not.

BUNNY: And that would break up two people if one of them wanted to go to college?

LEO: It just didn't work out. We decided we'll be happier not married, and that's that. It's nobody's business.

BUNNY: No one asked, you volunteered. I mean, just for the record. Just in case you want to use that to fire me from here or, you know, anything.

NORA: I, on the other hand, never hold a grudge. I completely and totally understand why I got fired.

LEO: And why is that?

NORA: Can't be trusted. Can't be trusted staying sober, can't be trusted with anything else.

LEO: No?

NORA: Well, yeah, but that's what I imagine you're thinking.

LEO: That's not what I'm thinking. What I'm thinking is that everyone deserves a second chance, everyone.

NORA: What about Bunny?

LEO: No.

NORA: Oh, well, actually, I think this would be my third chance, my second chance was being here.

LEO: Okay, a third chance. I want you back.

NORA: I don't deserve a third chance. I'll take it.

HIGH SCHOOL

Amy walks in the hallway and finds Ricky.

RICKY: Hey.

AMY: Hey, um, I want to talk to you, but I have to go to the counselor's office immediately. I don't know what she wants, but she said immediately, so I have to go.

RICKY: No, you don't. I got that Joe guy to give your teacher the note.It cost me 20 bucks.

AMY: Really? So I don't have to go... No.

RICKY: I just got here and I felt bad that you dropped by and I had something else going on, but maybe you shouldn't have dropped by. I told you I'd talk to you when I saw you.

AMY: Yet you have time to talk to Adrian. At least that's what she says.

RICKY: I did talk to her, Amy. I told her what happened, and I asked her to please not call, or text, or email me again.

AMY: Oh, so she texts you and emails you, too? She's not just calling and leaving you seductive messages?

RICKY: You thought she'd call but not text or email?

AMY: No one emails!

RICKY: Whatever. She won't do any of that stuff again, not that that resolves our issues.

AMY: Yes, she will, she's not going to give up. You know, she's even going to try to make you jealous by going out on a date.

RICKY: I know, she texted me. If I don't respond, eventually she'll stop.

AMY: And have you responded?

RICKY: I can't stop her. I can only stop myself. And I don't care who she's going out with. I mean, who's she going out with? Ben?

AMY: No. Someone new. Somebody that Grace's new boyfriend is fixing her up with. I saw that.

RICKY: Saw what?

AMY: It does bother you.

RICKY: You're going to go there again after what I just said? Are you ever going to believe me when I say I'm not interested in Adrian, or are you always going to be sneaking around to see if you can catch me picking up my phone or listening in on my conversations and all that stuff.

AMY: Let me ask you something, Ricky. You ever pick up my phone, check my messages, my emails, my texts? Aha! So you've done the same thing to me that I've done to you only you didn't get caught. And there's nothing on my phone that would even bother you.

RICKY: See, this is what I'm talking about. We just can't trust each other. Why even try?

DANIEL’S APARTMENT/GRACE’S HOUSE

Grace is at phone with Daniel.

DANIEL(at phone): This isn't what I wanted to be doing tonight.

GRACE(at phone): Well, she's on the way over, so...

DANIEL(at phone): So what? I just got finished with my last final, and I was just going to see if you want to come over and celebrate.

GRACE(at phone): Sure. But the more, the merrier, right?

DANIEL(at phone): Grace, come on. Tell her I couldn't get in touch with him, tell her he has a girlfriend or something.

GRACE(at phone): But that would be a lie.

DANIEL(at phone): Well, kind of. Come on, I promise. I'll find her a date.

GRACE(at phone): No. It has to be the date I found. It has to be... What's his name?

DANIEL(at phone): Dante?

GRACE(at phone): Yes, Dante.

DANIEL(at phone): Just come over, we'll talk about it, we'll talk to him, see if he's even interested and we can get a little alone time.

GRACE(at phone): Okay.

DANIEL(at phone): Okay, then.

GRACE(at phone): I'll just ask Adrian to drop me off so you can drive me home. And if he happens to be at your apartment when she drops me off, then, that would be great.

JUERGENS’ HOUSE

George prepares diner.

GEORGE: It's T-bone. He'll come over for that. You can thank me later.

AMY: Wait, what? No. I don't want him to come over.

GEORGE: You've been wanting him to come over all week. Nora brought home steaks from the butcher shop so you would have a reason to call him. Call him. Come on, Ames, I'm doing this for you.

AMY: No, you're not. You're doing this so I won't be annoyed with you for looking at my phone. I'm not gonna call him.

GEORGE: He has looked at your phone, hasn't he? You asked him?

AMY: Yeah, I asked him, and no, he hasn't, so thanks for the suggestion.

GEORGE: Oh, he's just not admitting it. I'm going to call him. You may not be crying now, but I know you, and there's going to be crying until we get this whole thing wrapped up, so just call him.

AMY: By the way, did you tell Mom that Nora is living here or am I just supposed to be hiding that?

GEORGE: Why would I tell Mom that Nora is living here?

AMY: Because she owns the house.

GEORGE: I have the house until you and Ashley graduate high school, and I'm done raising you. There better be something funny in that textbook, young lady.

AMY: There isn't.

GEORGE: Then what's so funny, that I'm raising you and Ashley?

AMY: Dad, do you even know where Ashley is?

GEORGE: Yes, I know where Ashley is. I talk to her every day. And we text. We text and text and text. You can check my phone.

AMY: And where is she?

GEORGE: She's in Florida.

AMY: No, I knew that, I meant where is she tonight?

GEORGE: She and her friend are starting a new job tonight.

AMY: Uh-huh. What kind of job?

GEORGE: Some sort of medical assistant.

AMY: Yeah, what is Ashley qualified to assist with in the medical field?

GEORGE: I don't know, I didn't hire her, but she's a very smart girl.

AMY: Mmm-hmm. Smart enough to get out of this house.

GEORGE: I thought you liked the house. You liked the house when it was you and Ricky here. What is it you don't like about it now? Oh, of course, me. I've gotten that before.

HOSPITAL IN FLORIDA

Ashley and Toby make a test.

TOBY: Ashley, this experimental test program is for people who have depression. I'm not depressed.

ASHLEY: I've been depressed before.

TOBY: You're jaded, not depressed.

ASHLEY: Well, they're paying $500. I could be depressed for $500.

TOBY: I guess I could be, too.

ASHLEY: Let's at least find out what it's about.

TOBY: "This medication could cause irregular heartbeat, liver failure or could even result in death..."

ASHLEY: I'm out.

TOBY: Feeling better.

JUERGENS’ HOUSE

Nora enters in the house with John and Moose.

NORA: Ta-da! We walked all around the block. I mean, the entire block. And John let me hold his hand... Well...

AMY: Hey, buddy.

NORA: It's been such a good day for me. I'm so happy. I've got a place to live and a new job, and you and John, and your dad, and Ricky. Can't we call Ricky? Can't we please, Amy?

JOHN: Hi, Daddy.

AMY: No, no! He doesn't trust me and I don't trust him, and...

NORA: Everyone deserves a second chance. Or even a third. That's what Leo says.

AMY: Even if I call Ricky, it doesn't mean he's going to come over here.

NORA: You won't know until you try.

AMY: Why don't you call him? It's your celebration.

(Ricky enters)

RICKY: I don't want to wait outside, I don't want to play games, okay? Hey, John, good to see you, buddy. Why don't you get Grandma to play with you and Moose outside?

NORA: Okay.

RICKY: I lied. I've looked at your phone before. A couple of times. Not that it was worth compromising my integrity for by looking at it or lying about it. But I guess we were both wrong not to trust each other. I just don't know how we do that if we really don't trust each other.

AMY: You don't trust me? That's just an excuse for not wanting to be with me, Ricky. You know you can trust me. You know what? You can just go home, okay? You don't get a T-bone steak for this conversation. You can go home, and you can try and figure out how we can live together, and still not be perfect. Good night.

RICKY: Oh, no, I'm getting a steak. I might eat it outside, but I'm getting a steak.

Amy leaves, George enters.

GEORGE: So?

RICKY: So it went nowhere. She wants me to go home. But I'm hungry. And you invited me to eat, so I'm eating, then I'll leave.

GEORGE: You know what the problem is? The problem is you're not married.

RICKY: Oh, yeah? Well, maybe your problem is you're not married.

GEORGE: Both parties have to want to be married to be married. My ex-wife does not want to be married. Does your girlfriend want to be married? Do you want to be married?

RICKY: I just want to eat. Yes. Just not now. I know, I know.

MARGARET’S APARTMENT

Shakur and Margaret talk together.

SHAKUR: Well... There's always going to be children who need your help, and you're always going to want to help them, so... What can I say?

MARGARET: Well, you can say no. I can even say no.

SHAKUR: Since when, Margaret? You're you. Should we go get him?

MARGARET: Well, we can't just go and get him. Unfortunately, he has to go to court. Until then, he's gonna be in juvie. Now, Ruben's trying to work a deal. This is a serious offense, you can't send just go sending naked pictures of people around,unless you're both over 18, and then apparently it's not a legal issue. But it should be.

SHAKUR: Maybe, maybe not. You text me a picture and I'll text you one. Is that a yes?

DANIEL’S APARTMENT

Adrian meets Dante in the Boyfriend’s Grace’s apartment.

DANTE: Nice ring.

ADRIAN: Oh, yeah. It was my engagement ring.

DANTE: Oh, no. What, you're engaged?

ADRIAN: Well, right now, I'm married.

DANTE: Interesting.

ADRIAN: Yeah, he just moved out.

DANTE: But you're still married?

ADRIAN: Yeah. Well, we're getting a divorce.

DANTE: So, you...

ADRIAN: Don't have children.

GRACE: You guys want something to eat or...

DANTE: You're still in high school, right?

ADRIAN: Yeah, but I'm a year older than Grace. I'm graduating after summer schooland then I'm going to college.

DANTE: So why the divorce?

ADRIAN: Well, I'm kind of in love with my old boyfriend, but he and this girl had a baby they were living together, but they just split up and I think I might want to try being with him again.

DANTE: Uh-huh.

DANIEL: Maybe we should have given them both a list of topics.

GRACE: I don't think she actually dated that much.

DANTE: You know what, I like your honesty. I really do. But if you're trying to get back with your old boyfriend, what are you doing here with me?

ADRIAN: Uh, I don't know. I thought it would make him jealous, and I was curious.

DANTE: About?

ADRIAN: About whether or not Grace actually knows any hot guys, besides that one. You know you can tell what a person thinks about you by who they try to fix you up with?

DANTE: You think so?

ADRIAN: Yeah, I think so.

DANTE: All right, well, um, what do you think people think about you?

ADRIAN: Well, they think I'm good looking, because you're good looking. Hmm? And they think I'm smart, because you're smart, and they think I'm sexy, because, uh, well, you are sexy.

DANTE: You know what, your self-esteem is pretty high for someone going through a divorce so early in life.

ADRIAN: Yeah, it is. That's why even though my old boyfriend and this girl have a baby together, I still think I can get him back. Not that I'm totally sure I want him back.

GRACE: She'd take him away from Amy just to see?

ADRIAN: We're trying to have a conversation here. So, what's your story?

DANTE: Well, I've been married three times and I got nine kids.

ADRIAN: Really?

DANTE: No, I'm playing. I don't have nine kids. I was just trying to top your story.

ADRIAN: Oh, yeah, that's difficult to do.

DANTE: Yeah. Uh, no, actually, I'm a sophomore in college, my brother's a senior. We live upstairs and I got a full scholarship. The wildest thing I've ever done? I don't know, a couple of tattoos.

ADRIAN: Oh, I'd like to get a tattoo.

DANTE: Tonight?

ADRIAN: No! No, I don't even have one picked out yet, or a place to get it.

DANTE: Oh, 'cause, I an, I was going to take you to my guy. He does some really, really good work.

ADRIAN: Oh, um, when I said I don't have a place, uh, I meant on me. I don't know where I'd put one.

DANTE: Oh, uh, well, uh, how about we get up out of here, so I can get a better look at the canvas, huh?

ADRIAN: All right.

GRACE: You guys, tattoos last a lifetime!

Dante and Adrian leaves. Grace and Daniel are alone.

DANIEL: Nice work, Grace.

GRACE: At least it'll keep her away from Ricky. Amy and Ricky got into a big fight. Amy checked his phone out and he caught her.

DANIEL: Really? You can check my phone out any time you want.

GRACE: No, it's okay, I trust you.

DANIEL: Do you? Or do you just not want me to see your phone?

GRACE: No! No, you can see my phone, if you really want to. It's okay with me.

JUERGENS' HOUSE

Amy and Ricky cleans up some stuff. Ricky receives a call.

RICKY: It's no one.

AMY: Tell no one I said hi.

RICKY: It's Ethan. He's stuck in some juvie hall room with some other idiot.All right, can we just talk about this?

AMY: Yeah, I've been trying to talk to you for a week now.

RICKY: Yeah, I let this go on way too long because, Amy, all my life, no one has trusted me, and all my life I wasn't trustworthy. I think I've earned the right to be trusted.

AMY: It would be easier for me to trust you, Ricky, if you had just said, "Hey, you want to listen to this message I just got from Adrian?" instead of not saying anything or saying you had listened to it, and then you erased it. That was a lie.

RICKY: Yeah, I guess it was. And I shouldn't have talked to her at all. I should have told you when I heard from her and when I called her back to talk to her. I'm sorry. I apologize. And hello, you've lied to me before and I still trust you.

AMY: That was different.

RICKY: How was it different?

AMY: I don't know.

RICKY: Let me tell you. Because it was different. Again, no one has ever trusted me, other than you, so when I got busted, I felt humiliated, and I hated myself for letting you down and I felt unworthy, and I just couldn't say that. It was easier to be angry. I'm very comfortable angry and being the victim. It's a lifelong process to change that. Again, I'm sorry.

AMY: I'm sorry, too. And thank you for telling me that, for apologizing. Can we please, please go back to the apartment now? Please?

RICKY: Ethan. Just wanted to thank me.

AMY: Ethan again? Oh, my God. Wait, is this the photo that he got in trouble with?

RICKY: No, it's Adrian showing me where she's going to get a tattoo. Okay, sooner or later, we've got to get a sense of humor about Adrian.

AMY: What's funny about her constantly, relentlessly, trying to break us up?

RICKY: You left out nakedly.

AMY: She's crazy, you know that?

RICKY: I know that. And I'm all done with crazy.

AMY: You know I can be crazy too, if that's what you want, if that's what you like. I can. If you're no done with crazy, let me be crazy for you, don't go to Adrian.

RICKY: Uh, you? Crazy?

AMY: Oh, yeah. I can be plenty crazy. In fact, why don't we, the two of us, go get tattoos right now?

RICKY: Of what?

AMY: Wedding bands. We're probably never going to have real ones so let's go get fake ones tattooed, that'll show Adrian.

RICKY: You need a little more practice at being crazy. Maybe we'll start with something else.

AMY: I can be crazy.

RICKY: Let's go.

End of the episode.