03x18 - Another Proposal

Complete Collection of episode transcripts. Aired: July 1, 2008 to June 3, 2013.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Amy Juergens finds out she's pregnant after a fling at band camp, her whole world changes as she deals with family, friends, school and life.

03x18 - Another Proposal

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on “The Secret life of the American Teenager”

MARGARET: But your son asked us if we would take you in, and well, yes, we will take you in.

AMY: If you're gonna do school by yourself at home, then you're gonna have to do school homework by yourself at home.

ASHLEY: I thought our mother might be able to help point me in the right direction.

AMY: I will drive you up there next weekend, and we can both have the weekend with her. To visit, not to do your homework.

BEN: I'm thinking about getting married.

NORA: You're gonna marry his old girlfriend?

RICKY: They're friends. They're not getting married.

BEN: We are if she says yes.

GRACE: Don't get married to Ben just because you're pregnant and you like all the nice things he does for you and the baby. You have to really love him to marry him.

ADRIAN: Well, he hasn't asked me.

RUBEN: Ben's gonna ask Adrian to marry him?

LEO: I think so, Ruben, yeah. And if there's a wedding, it's whatever wedding the two of them want.

NORA: I'm gay.

RICKY: I wish you'd have told me before you told other people.

NORA: I'm sorry.

RICKY: I wanna meet your girlfriend.

ADRIAN: Ben.

BEN: I do love you, and I'd be honored if you'd be my wife.

ADRIAN: Yes.

ANNE'S HOUSE

Amy gives feeling about Adrian and Ben's wedding.

AMY: Married. They're getting married. Ridiculous. Completely and totally ridiculous. They don't even know each other. They never dated. They've never even been out. Or they hadn't been out before Adrian got pregnant. And she only got pregnant because she was trying to get back at Ricky. They're only getting married 'cause they're trying to b*at Ricky and me to the altar. I mean, really, Mom, can you believe it? Adrian and Ben. Adrian Boykewich. What kind of a name is that? I'll tell you what kind of a name it is. It's a name where the two names do not belong together because the two people don't belong together. I bet they have some ridiculous ceremony in the garden like Leo and Betty and invite the entire high school.

ASHLEY: Was that John? I think I heard John. I'll get him.

(Ashley leaves)

ANNE: I think it was Robbie.

(Anne leaves too)

AMY: I mean, if anyone should be getting married, it should be Ricky and me, not Adrian and Ben. Can't they at least wait until the baby comes? Hello! Is anyone listening to me?

RICKY'S APARTMENT

Ricky is invited her mother in his apartment.

NORA: Thank you. Mmm. A million times. Thank you for letting me do this. For letting me come over here. I really needed to get out of that house. I don't know how you did it.

RICKY: This really wasn't my idea. It was Amy's idea. And believe me, I know what you two are up to.

NORA: What are we up to? We're not up to anything.

RICKY: Yeah, you are. Ever since Ben and Adrian announced their wedding plans, Amy's obsessed with the idea of getting married. She's afraid that if left alone, I'll do something that prevents us from ever getting married. But if she doesn't stop talking about Ben and Adrian, I'm gonna start feeling pressured, and I'm gonna have to do something about it.

NORA: Oh, you're not gonna do something like sleep with other girls, are you? No, no, no, no. No, don't do... Amy...That girl loves you. She really, really loves you.

RICKY: Yeah, and I care about her, too, but not enough to marry her before Ben marries Adrian. Not even enough to marry her before Ben divorces Adrian.

(Someone knocks on the door)

RICKY: Jeez, did you invite someone over here?

NORA: No. I would never invite someone over here without asking. I'm not rude. Jeez, I'm not a total loser. Invite someone over.

(Ricky opens the door)

GEORGE: Hi. I was in the neighborhood.

RICKY: No, you weren't. GEORGE: Hi there.

NORA: Mmm.

RICKY: This is my mother. This is Nora.

Nora, George. George, Nora.

GEORGE: Hi. How are you? Nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you. I hadn't heard you're hot.

NORA: Well, hey, you're kind of hot yourself. Have a seat.

GEORGE: Amy's visiting her mom this weekend with her sister and John, but I guess you know that.

NORA: Yeah, I kind of do know that.

GEORGE: So, I really just came over here to make sure that he's not cheating on Amy.

NORA: Yeah. Me, too.

RICKY: Amy sent you over here? She already sent her over here.

GEORGE: Very thorough girl, that Amy. So, have you made a lot of friends since you've moved here?

NORA: No, I can't say that I have.

GEORGE: Yeah, I'm a little short of friends myself. Ever since Anne moved out, I really haven't had

another adult to talk to.

NORA: Hmm. I'm kind of having the opposite problem. I have way too many adults to talk to. Mm. I'm living with Margaret and Shakur. Do you know Margaret?

GEORGE: Yeah, Margaret. Not my favorite person. No offense.

NORA: Oh, none taken. You and me... we're gonna get along just fine.

GEORGE: I hope so. We could be family one day. Parents-in-law.

RICKY: Oh, jeez, I'm not even gonna think about getting married for years, okay? I'm not.

NORA: Aah, don't be so sure.

GEORGE: Yeah, don't be so sure. So...

NORA: Hmm.

GEORGE: You're not dating anyone?

NORA: No.

RICKY: Yeah, you are.

GEORGE: You are? Is he a nice guy?

NORA: Uh, not really. Nice guys aren't my type. Why? Are you a nice guy?

GEORGE: I can be. Or not.

RICKY: Yeah, okay. I'm not cheating on Amy. You can go now.

NORA: Come on. Don't be so rude. The man just got here.

GEORGE: Yeah, the man just got here.

GRACE'S HOUSE

Adrian explains the plans of the wedding.

ADRIAN: And this is where our table would be. And then everything would be a circle. You know, just a big circle.

BEN: Isn't that a great plan? I'm gonna go back and say hi to Tom and Jack. I've seen this a few times.

ADRIAN: Okay. You know, like the circle of life.

GRACE: Uh-huh.

(Ben goes out)

BEN: God help me.

THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – OPEN CREDITS

GUEST'S HOUSE

Ben gives feeling to Jack and Tom.

BEN: Or not a wedding like she's planning anyway. I mean, I still haven't even told my dad that we're getting married before the baby comes. He doesn't want us to get married before the baby comes. I thought if we did that, we'd just run off and get married. You know, just us and a few friends.

JACK: Like your first wedding.

TOM: That was my first date with Tammy.

BEN: Yeah, exactly like my first wedding.

JACK: That might be your problem. Adrian doesn't want a wedding like your first wedding. Of course, that wasn't legal. This is gonna be legal and binding.

BEN: I don't mind that...that it's legal and binding. I just... Oh, man. I don't want a huge wedding with lots of people. Nor do I wanna pick out the bridesmaids' dresses and the tuxedos and the linens and the china patterns. I'm 17. I am barely 17, and I have a china pattern. Okay, we have a china pattern.

Like we even need china. Most of the time, we eat with our parents or at the school cafeteria.

JACK: Are you gonna live with your parents or Adrian's parents?

BEN: My parents.

JACK: Really?

BEN: I would assume so. I mean, we've certainly got enough room at our house, and we've got help at our house, too.

JACK: Yeah, but maybe Adrian wants to live with her mom so her mom can help raise the baby.

BEN: Her mom didn't even raise Adrian. We are not living at their house. I can not live in the same

house as Adrian's parents.

TOM: Am I in the wedding?

JACK: Am I?

BEN: Don't ask me. I don't know.

JACK: What do you mean you don't know? The guy asks his friends to be in the wedding, and the girl asks her friends.

BEN: How many friends? No. Never mind. Don't answer that. I already know the answer. As many friends as she wants.

JACK: So I guess Henry's gonna be your best man?

BEN: I think my dad will be my best man. Oh, if he's still speaking to me once he finds out we're having a big wedding before the baby gets here.

ADRIAN'S HOUSE

Leo and Ruben talks about the weeding in the kitchen.

LEO: Are you sure about that?

RUBEN: Oh, yeah. Adrian spent all week making wedding plans.

LEO: Already? And they settled on a date?

RUBEN: Well, not the exact date, but before the baby comes.

LEO: All right. You win. I lose. Where's the wedding?

RUBEN: I don't know, but the invitation list is a mile long already, so it can't be here. I have been thinking maybe here or at my church.

LEO: Yeah, uh, I don't know about a church, Ruben. I guess they could get married at our house if they want.

RUBEN: Maybe the wedding could be just a quiet civil ceremony like Cindy and I had.

LEO: With an invitation list a mile long?

RUBEN: I don't know, Leo. I'm just happy Ben and Adrian are getting married.

Betty and Cindy join them.

BETTY: I wish I could fly away from here and just keep flying. I just love flying.

CINDY: I fly back, Betty. I don't just fly away.

BETTY: Yeah, but if you wanted, you could just fly away and just keep flying.

CINDY: I was just saying to Betty that having a teenager daughter who's having a baby and getting married is a lot of pressure, so sometimes it's great to just leave it all and...

BETTY: Fly away. I don't know why that just sounds so good to me.

LEO: Probably because having a teenage son at the house who's getting married and having a baby is a lot of pressure for you, too. We're all under a lot of pressure.

CINDY: Guys, I know those two wanna get married, but I just think we should all think of about putting our money into a small place for them rather than having them live with either of us.

RUBEN: How much money?

CINDY: Less money than this wedding's gonna cost us.

LEO: I think that's a good idea, Cindy.

RUBEN: But Adrian wants Ben and the baby to live here with us.

LEO: And I'm sure Ben wants Adrian and the baby to live with us. But I think it's best if they live in a place of their own. I mean, they're having a baby. They're getting married. Time to leave home if they can. Maybe we put a down payment on a small condo for them.

RUBEN: How much of a down payment?

LEO: What the heck. I don't want them to leave school and work to make mortgage payments, so I'll buy them a small condo. If, and only if, it's a small wedding and a small wedding reception. Because none of us want to invest in a wedding. We wanna invest in them, right?

RUBEN: Absolutely.

CINDY: That's very generous, Leo. But we'd like to contribute to that small condo.

BETTY: I just hope that Adrian has your decorating skills so she can make it a lovely home for the three of them.

CINDY: Oh, thank you, Betty.

BETTY: I just wanna compliment you on just what a homey place this is. You know, I... I love the pictures of your grandfather in the upstairs hallway. You know, it just gives you such a sense of family history.

CINDY: That's not my grandfather. Those pictures belong to Ruben, and those pictures are of Jesus.

BETTY: Oh, well, such a family resemblance.

LEO: Well, look at the time. I think we better get going, Betty.

CINDY: You know, if you wanna take one of Grandpa's pictures with you...

LEO: Uh, we got a lot of artwork at the house, and plenty of it in storage. Uh, thanks, folks. We're happy we got to talk, and thanks for inviting us over.

BETTY: Really? That's Jesus?

GRACE'S HOUSE

Grant spies girls.

ADRIAN: You will be my maid of honor, right?

GRACE: I guess. I mean, yeah, if you want me to.

ADRIAN: You want to, right?

GRACE: Of course. Oh, there's Grant. Grant.

GRANT: Oh. I thought I'd just walk out to the guest house if you two were still busy with the wedding plans. And it looks like you're still busy, so...

ADRIAN: So come in. Come on. I want you to be a groomsman. And then you and Grace can walk down the aisle together.

GRANT: Uh, I don't really know Ben that well, do I?

GRACE: Yeah, isn't Ben supposed to choose who the groomsmen are?

GRANT: Yeah. I think the groomsmen are literally the groom's men. His friends. I'm not sure Ben considers me a friend, does he?

ADRIAN: He has the one friend, Henry. Ooh, I gotta remember to call Henry. And Alice. Okay, so, then, it'll be you and Grace, Henry and Alice, Jack and Madison...

GRACE: Ooh, Jack and Madison broke up.

ADRIAN: Oh, yeah. I know. Well, then, maybe I can put him with Lauren and Tom with Madison, and then Ashley and Griffin.

GRANT: Wouldn't it be Griffin and Peter?

ADRIAN: Well, then, who do I put Ashley with?

GRACE: Not with Grant.

ADRIAN: Okay, well, maybe Peter can bring someone, and then they could just switch off for the wedding. I'll be right back. I have to pee again.

GRANT: No problem.

(Adrian leaves)

GRANT: Okay, I cannot hang out here all night listening to this. I can't. I'm too young, and life is too short.

GRACE: You can't leave me. Please don't leave me. Also, my mom and Jeff went out of town for the night.

GRANT: She didn't wanna hear about the wedding plans either, huh?

GRACE: Did you not hear what I just said? There's no one here, except for Tom and Jack, but they're in the guest house.

GRANT: What does that mean? That you and I can...

GRACE: We can think about it.

GRANT: I can't not think about it at this point.

(Adrian is back)

ADRIAN: I can't believe I didn't say Ricky and Amy. Of course we want Ricky and Amy to be part of the wedding.

GRACE: Really?

ADRIAN: Really. I mean, we wouldn't even be together if it weren't for them. Well, if you know what I mean.

GRANT: We know what you mean.

ADRIAN: Oh, and then John could be the ring bearer. You think he could do it?

(Ben comes in)

ADRIAN: How's six weeks from today?

BEN: For?

ADRIAN: "For?" Ben, for the wedding. I mean, it's as much time as we can give ourselves, 'cause after that, we have midterms, and then you have SATs. So what do you think? Ben!

BEN: Okay. Yay.

LAUREN'S HOUSE/JACK'S HOUSE

Jack calls Lauren.

JACK(at phone): Hey, Lauren, it's Jack.

LAUREN(at phone): What do you want? And don't think that I'm not gonna tell Madison that you called me as soon as I get off this call.

JACK(at phone): I don't want anything. But Adrian wants you and Madison to be in her wedding.

LAUREN(at phone): How do you know?

JACK(at phone): She told Grace, and Grace told me and Tom. She's pairing you and me up and Madison and Tom together. And since Madison broke up with me, I thought it'd be a little awkward if I was in the wedding with her, even if we're not walking in together. So I was thinking maybe I should call her. Do you think I should call her?

LAUREN(at phone): What? Why would Madison and I be in Adrian and Ben's wedding?

JACK(at phone): Why not? She's asking everyone.

LAUREN(at phone): "Everyone." Not everyone. I'm sure she's not asking Amy and Ricky.

JACK(at phone): Yeah, she is. And John.

LAUREN(at phone): What? I have to go.

LAUREN'S HOUSE/MADISON'S HOUSE

Lauren calls Madison.

MADISON(at phone): I'm bored out of my mind. I've got to get a new boyfriend.

LAUREN(at phone): Jack just called me.

MADISON(at phone): What? You can't go out with Jack, especially since I can't go out with Stanley.

LAUREN(at phone): I'm happy you can't go out with Stanley. I never liked Stanley. Jack called to tell me that Adrian is inviting you and me to be in her wedding, and she wants you to walk down the aisle with Tom, and she wants me to walk down the aisle with Jack.

MADISON(at phone): Okay, I'm fine with Tom, but you cannot walk down the aisle with Jack.

LAUREN(at phone): Whatever. That's not the craziest part of the ceremony. He said Adrian is inviting Amy and Ricky to be in the wedding.

MADISON(at phone): I think I'm gonna pass out.

LAUREN(at phone): I know.

MADISON(at phone): Jack is calling me.

LAUREN(at phone): Take it.

MADISON(at phone): No.

LAUREN(at phone): Talk to him.

MADISON(at phone): Not unless you're gonna talk to Jesse.

LAUREN(at phone): Jesse's not calling me. Jack is calling you. Take the call.

LAUREN'S HOUSE

Her brother wants to talks with her.

LAUREN: Don't bother me. I'm in a state of emergency. Adrian has lost her mind over this wedding.

JASON: State of emergency. Dave would like to say good-bye to you.

LAUREN: Bye. Have a nice time.

(Dave comes)

DAVE: Uh, Lauren, I'm leaving permanently.

LAUREN: Oh?

DAVE: Yeah. Your mom and I are splitting up.

LAUREN: What?

DAVE: Yeah.

LAUREN: Are you sure?

DAVE: Oh, I'm sure. She's, uh, been wanting all of us to sit down and have dinner and talk, but... Honestly, I'm a surgeon. I'm not much of a talker. I don't wanna talk about my problems with the two of you. I don't wanna go to counseling. I myself am not a big fan of psychotherapy. No... No offense to your father.

LAUREN/JASON: None taken.

DAVE: Yeah, I believe in surgically removing the problem, clean and simple, and in this case, I'm the problem, so I'm leaving.

LAUREN: Well, wait. I mean...I don't know what to say. I guess I've just been so involved with my problems with Jesse, I didn't even realize you and Mom were...

JASON: Unhappy.

DAVE: Lauren, I just want you to know that our unhappiness has nothing to do with the fact that I'm white.

LAUREN: Okay. But it seems kind of sudden.

DAVE: No, no. It's been about six months since your mother first came and talked to me and said she wanted me out. So I wanna say good-bye, and, um, we can stay in touch, and maybe we can hang out once in a while. Oh, and, uh, before I leave, I wanna give you kids this. Um, I'm not your real father, but, uh, that's real money, and, uh, I want you to have it. I don't have children of my own, but I've got a lot of that.

(Dave leaves)

LAUREN: You think this is real?

JASON: I think it's a real check, but it's never gonna be real money. Dad is not gonna let us take this. Unless you ask him.

LAUREN: I'm not gonna ask him. You ask him.

JASON: You're his favorite.

LAUREN: Oh, I have to text Amy.

JASON: You know, now that I think about it, Dave might have done this just to annoy Dad. At least that's what you should tell him, and then maybe we can keep this.

LAUREN: I'm not talking to Dad.

ANNE'S HOUSE

Anne makes research about teenager’s wedding.

ANNE: Seriously, Amy. It says here that only 40% of teen marriages last more than five years. Ashley, stop that. Amy, you listening to me?

AMY: Hmm?

ANNE: Amy, I looked this up, because I wanna be involved in the things that you care about. Are you even listening to me?

AMY: Oh, my God, Mom. I have to go.

ANNE: What? What happened?

ASHLEY: Bye.

ANNE: Amy, what's going on?

AMY: Um, Lauren's parents split up.

ANNE: And?

AMY: And they split up. She's devastated.

ANNE: You're talking about Lauren's mother and her stepfather, right?

AMY: Yeah, they've been married for years.

ANNE: I didn't even know that Lauren was close to her stepfather.

AMY: Mom, it's still a big change in her life. I'm just gonna drive home, and I'll check on her, and I'll come back tomorrow.

ANNE: And John will be where?

ASHLEY: No.

ANNE: Amy, this is our weekend together.

AMY: We're not doing anything.

ANNE: Yes, we are. We're... We're...spending time together.

AMY: Well, couldn't you spend time alone with Ashley? She needs you more than I do.

ANNE: That's not the point.

AMY: I can be back by noon tomorrow.

ANNE: But you just got here at noon today. You can't drive there and drive back here. And anyway, I don't want you driving by yourself on the freeway at night. It's a two-hour drive.

ASHLEY: All right. All right. I'll go with her.

ANNE: No. You two are not going anywhere. You are staying right here, and we are going to have fun because it's our weekend together. And I know what this is about, Amy. This is not about Lauren, is it?

AMY: Adrian is inviting me and Ricky to be in their wedding. She wants us in their wedding. It should be our wedding.

ANNE: And so what? So you're just gonna rush back there and try to get Ricky to marry you before Adrian can marry Ben? And how are you gonna do that? By having sex with him? You sent your father over there tonight to check up on him. He told me. Yeah, we still talk... your father and me. And I've got news for you. If you can't trust Ricky, you shouldn't marry Ricky, even if Adrian is marrying Ben.

ASHLEY: Okay. Now we're having fun.

ADRIAN'S HOUSE

Ben and Adrian go home.

BEN: All right. I should, uh... I should probably get home.

ADRIAN: Mmm, I don't think so. I don't think you need to get home. I think you need to get upstairs to my bedroom with me.

BEN: And do what?

ADRIAN: You know what.

BEN: Oh. Oh, um, no.

ADRIAN: Oh, oh, yes. Dr. Attavi said it would be fine if we wanna do that.

BEN: Adrian, I don't think we should do that until...

ADRIAN: The wedding night? I'm marrying you, and, well, sex is a healthy part of marriage.

BEN: We're not married yet.

ADRIAN: But we're gonna get married, so...

BEN: So I'm not prepared to have sex with you tonight. I'm... I'm not... I'm not emotionally prepared.

ADRIAN: Is it the baby? Is it my big baby belly? 'Cause I think I look really pretty like this. I mean, I feel really pretty like this, and I feel like having sex like this. I'm just... I'm happy, and I wanna share my

happiness with you, okay? I wanna share myself with you tonight, right now.

BEN: Adrian, we can't. We just can't. Um, look, I can't anyway. But maybe sometime in the future?

ADRIAN: "Maybe"?

BEN: No, definitely. No, definitely sometime in the future. Just not tonight, okay? I gotta go home.

RICKY'S APARTMENT/ANNE'S HOUSE

Amy calls Ricky.

RICKY(at phone): Where did you hear that?

AMY(at phone): Where do I hear everything? Grace told Jack, and then this time, Jack told Lauren, and then Lauren told Madison, and Madison told me. I'm not gonna be in that wedding, and John is not going to be a ring bearer in anyone's wedding but ours.

RICKY(at phone): I don't really care.

AMY(at phone): I care.

RICKY(at phone): Amy, would you just calm down about this wedding? Calm down. I can't, all right?

AMY(at phone): I cannot calm down. I'm really, really upset that they would get married before us.

RICKY(at phone): We're too young to get married. All of us. We're too young.

AMY(at phone): No, we're not. We're not too young.

RICKY(at phone): I'm just getting used to the idea of dating. I'm not gonna get used to the idea of getting married anytime soon.

RICKY'S APARTMENT

Ricky joins Nora and George in the living room.

GEORGE: She can carve a small handgun out of a bar of soap. I could fall in love with this woman.

RICKY: Yeah. But it wouldn't do you any good. I'll be back.

(He leaves)

GEORGE: Aren't we supposed to be watching him?

NORA: Yeah. I was never really good at that.

GEORGE: Hey, what'd he mean by that...wouldn't do me any good? I mean, I'm not trying to hit on you or anything. But you're not so serious about this guy that you'd be getting married, are you? I mean, you just got out. You gotta enjoy your freedom a little bit, don't you think?

NORA: Yeah, I guess.

GEORGE: I think you're a really interesting woman. I don't think I've ever met anyone who's been to prison.

NORA: Oh, you probably have.

GEORGE: Maybe.

NORA: So, do you wanna take me home?

GEORGE: Home? Meaning...

NORA: Margaret's house. I've got a curfew.

GEORGE: Oh. As long as I don't have to go inside, sure. But if we leave, who's gonna watch Ricky?

NORA: Oh, that dog's off the leash, I'm afraid.

GEORGE: Jeez, I forgot about Moose. We have a dog.

NORA: Oh, lucky. I want one. I've always wanted a dog.

GEORGE: I'll let you meet Moose sometime. You'll change your mind.

LAUREN'S HOUSE

Her father comes to talks with Lauren.

KEN: Lauren?

LAUREN: Oh, no.

KEN: Jason called. He told me what happened.

LAUREN: That big mouth. Did he just call you out of the blue?

KEN: Not exactly. Your mother called him to tell him she might be a little late getting home.

LAUREN: From where? Where was she?

KEN: My point is, Jason did the right thing by telling your mother and then me about what happened. He thought you might need someone to talk to.

LAUREN: Oh, did he now? And where did you say Mom was? Was she with you?

KEN: With me? Was she with me?

LAUREN: Was she?

KEN: We had a cup of coffee. She needed to talk. Do you need someone to talk to?

LAUREN: No, I'm good. Talk about what?

KEN: Well, Lauren, this is a pretty big change in your life and in Jason's life... Dave moving out of the house. And it's a big change for your mother.

LAUREN: Yeah, and apparently for you, too. The last time I saw you with a beard, you were living here. Mom likes beards. And you just had coffee with Mom? Oh, don't sit down, please. Don't sit down.

KEN: Which one of your friends are you texting? Who's more important than your own father?

LAUREN: Did Jason tell you that Dave left him a big, fat check before he left?

KEN: No.

LAUREN: Yeah. Uh-huh. I figured he didn't mention that. He's been sucking up to Dave ever since he decided to go to med school. Evidently it paid off, big-time. So you might want to sit down on Jason's bed and talk to him.

KEN: Yeah. Maybe I do.

BOYKEWICH'S HOUSE

Ricky comes to speaks with Ben.

RICKY: Ben, we have to talk.

BEN: Now? I've had a long, stressful day. I was just... I was going to sleep.

RICKY: You're not going to sleep. We have to talk. You and Adrian cannot get married.

BEN: Go on.

RICKY: How did you get yourself into this?

BEN: How'd I get myself into this? The same way you got yourself into this.

RICKY: Yeah, well, I'm not getting married. And if and when I do, I'm not having a big wedding.

BEN: I'm sure that...every man who's ever gotten married has said just that. So you might as well give

in to it, my friend. Might as well.

RICKY: No, no. Not "I might as well." I'm not gonna get married until I'm really sure I wanna be married for the rest of my life. And I'm in no hurry to decide that, and you don't have to be in a big hurry either.

BEN: I don't know why you don't get married. I mean, you can't cheat on Amy now. You might want to, but you can't. Amy Juergens is the last girl on earth you're gonna have sex with, so why don't you marry her? Besides, she's already in love with you, and she had your baby. Are you gonna tell the woman who had your baby that you're not in love with her and you're never gonna marry her? No, you're not, so you're stuck. Just like me, you're stuck.

RICKY: I'm not stuck, and neither are you. You don't have to do this. You don't have to get married, and you certainly don't have to get married right away. You could at least think about it for a while.

BEN: I don't like to think about things too much. I'm more decisive than you are. And I actually wanna get married.

RICKY: To Adrian?

BEN: Yes, to Adrian, to the mother of my baby.

RICKY: And if she weren't the mother of your baby?

BEN: Then I would not be getting married. But she is the mother of my baby, and I am getting married. Just a little sooner than I wanted and in a much bigger ceremony than I wanted.

RICKY: Just wait. Just get her to wait. Wait at least until after the baby comes. Things are gonna change after the baby comes.

BEN: She doesn't wanna wait until after the baby comes. She wants to be married when we go to the hospital to have the baby. And I understand that. Amy wanted that, too, you know? I mean, that's why Amy and I ended up getting married, because she wanted to be married when the baby came.

RICKY: Well, you can't just marry every girl who wants to get married before the baby comes.

BEN: No, not every girl. Just one girl. I asked Adrian to marry me, and she said yes, and we're getting married, and when and where are her decisions.

RICKY: Why are you letting her make all the decisions, huh? Adrian shouldn't be making all the decisions. You should be making the decisions with her. Even making some of the decisions all by yourself. Is that a totally foreign concept to you? It's your life, too, Ben.

BEN: "Too," Yes. It's my life, too. It's also Adrian's life and the baby's life. And why are you so upset about our lives anyway?

RICKY: Because, obviously, your lives are affecting my life and Amy's life and now John's life. Adrian wants our son to be ring bearer at this circus, and she wants Amy to be a bridesmaid. She wants me to be whatever the guys are in the wedding.

BEN: Really?

RICKY: Yeah, really.

BEN: Okay, well, then I guess that's what's gonna happen.

RICKY: And what if Amy doesn't want John to be ring bearer?

Leo joins them.

LEO: Are you guys actually arguing about who's gonna be the ring bearer at the wedding?

RICKY/BEN: Yeah.

LEO: And I heard you were getting married before the baby comes, and I heard it from Ruben. I don't like hearing things from Ruben. I like hearing things from my own son.

BEN: You have anything else?

RICKY: Yeah. I have something else. I know Adrian, and I know her really well. I know she's a really nice girl, and she's funny, and she's smart, she's sexy. She's gonna make a great mom. She loves kids, and she'll love this kid. But she has some picture in her head of a mom and a dad and

a baby living together and being one big happy family. And having a baby in high school is not a big, happy thing. It's just not. And getting married is not gonna make it a big, happy thing, even if you two really love each other. Even if. So I'm speaking to you as your friend, and I'm telling you what you don't want to hear. Wait to get married. Tell Adrian you wanna wait to get married. Because I know you wanna wait to get married. So just do that. Take control, would you? Good night.

Ricky leaves.

BEN: I don't know what he wants me to do. I mean, I already asked her to marry me, and we're getting married, and we are getting married in six weeks.

LEO: Oy vey. Six weeks?

BEN: Yeah, oy vey. But, I mean, that's what she wants.

LEO: Are you sure you wanna go through with this?

BEN: Yeah, I'm sure I wanna go through with it. I wanna get married anyway. But I just...I don't see why we have to make such a big deal out of it.

LEO: It's a big deal. It's one of the biggest deals.

BEN: I know. I just don't know why we have to have such a huge wedding. It seems ridiculous being our age and being pregnant and having a huge wedding. On the other hand, I'm not going to not have a huge wedding just because it's causing Ricky and Amy problems. That's equally ridiculous.

LEO: Then how about if you're not gonna have a big wedding because Adrian's parents and Betty and me...we don't wanna throw you a big wedding and a big wedding reception? We wanna buy you a condo instead.

BEN: A... A condo? For what?

LEO: For you to live in. You and Adrian and the baby. What else?

BEN: Live on... on our own?

LEO: Yeah. All on your own. You're getting married. You're starting a family. You should be on your own. Of course, this isn't exactly all on your own since we're buying you the condo, but...

BEN: But we're not ready to live on our own. We need help. We need someone to clean up and to watch after the baby and to cook and do everything that we have done for us here, you know? Or that you and Betty have done for you here.

LEO: Well, you and Adrian are not me and Betty.

BEN: What?

LEO: You don't wanna live with us, and I'm sure you don't want to live with Adrian's parents either.

BEN: No. You're wrong. I do wanna live with you.

LEO: You're gonna want to spend time together alone...you and Adrian and the baby.

BEN: We don't need a separate place for that. Uh...

LEO: Yeah. Yeah, you do. Sure you do. It'll be fun. It'll be challenging, but it'll be fun. You're gonna be a dad and a husband.

BEN: I can't just be a son anymore?

LEO: Of course you'll always be my son, but, Ben, let's face it. Now you're my grown-up son. And we'll be happy to have you and your wife and our granddaughter here anytime you wanna come over.

BEN: Okay, Dad. I... I've had a long and surprising week. I really can't take being kicked out of my own home.

LEO: I guess you can look at it like that, or you can look at it as if you and your family are gonna be lucky enough to get a place of your own.

BEN: We don't want a place of our own.

LEO: But you need a place of your own. So all you have to do is tell Adrian that you're gonna get a place to live

instead of a big wedding, that's all.

BEN: Can't her parents tell her? I mean, you're telling me now.

LEO: Because we want you to tell her. And, hey, she might be really happy about it.

BEN: Not likely.

LEO: Ben, Ben, Ben. I know you don't wanna grow up, but being an adult can be fun. There's a lot of joy that comes with being responsible.

BEN: No, there isn't.

MADISON'S HOUSE

Jack is with Madison in her bedroom.

MADISON: It's so good to see you.

JACK: Yeah, it's, uh...it's good to see you, too.

MADISON:What?

JACK: Nothing.

MADISON: I'm... I'm sorry about Stanley, but we really didn't do anything. I promise.

JACK: I'll get over it. I guess I owe the guy a "Thank you" 'cause you're dad's okay with me coming over here again.

MADISON: Well, my dad's okay with your coming over as long as we're not doing what we were doing.

JACK: It's funny you should mention that. I don't really wanna do what we were going anymore.

MADISON: Really? Me neither. I mean, it was really getting to be a lot of work, and I really wasn't getting that much out of it. I mean, it was okay, but, you know, I got kind of tired of it.

JACK: Well, I wasn't tired of it. It's just that I wouldn't mind trying something else.

MADISON: Something else like what? Don't ask for anything stupid.

JACK: Would it be stupid if the two of us actually had sex?

MADISON: Well, no, but I want to get my dad's permission first. Not really. I just don't want to do it here.

JACK: All right. I'll see what I can do.

MADISON: Okay. Well, then I will see what I can do. You know, in terms of birth control, 'cause I want to be on the pill when we do it. And I want it to be really romantic, like in a hotel room. Like a really nice hotel room. You know, we could have, like, candles and flowers and music.

JACK: I guess I'm gonna have to save up for this then.

MADISON: Yeah. Well, I'm in no particular rush, so...

JACK: Well, I kind of am. It's been a long summer. Lauren?

MADISON: Oh. Yeah.

JACK: Can't you just wait till I go home?

MADISON: Are you kidding?

JACK: Okay.

GRACE'S HOUSE

Grant is lying on the ground. Grace is on her bed.

GRANT: All right. All right. I'll sleep in the same bed with you and not have sex with you. I thought you wanted me to sleep over so we could have sex. You wanted to have sex. You've been wanting to have sex for months. What happened?

GRACE: The wedding. I just... I was looking at Adrian's plans, and I thought, "That's what I want." I want a wedding.

GRANT: I'll tell you what, if we're still together when I wanna get married, then we'll have a wedding. How's that?

GRACE: How's this? I don't wanna have sex with any guy unless there's a chance we're gonna get married.

GRANT: There's a chance.

GRACE: How much of a chance?

GRANT: How much of a chance do you need?

GRACE: That's not funny.

GRANT: Yeah, I know, but if I don't keep a sense of humor about this, I might go insane. Do we really need to make this big of a deal out of having sex, Grace? You're on the pill. I have condoms. We've talked about it and talked about it and talked about it. And I really care about you.

GRACE: Yeah. I do, too.

GRANT: Really?

GRACE: Just not tonight.

GRANT: Why not?

GRACE: I'm just really not in the mood.

GRANT: All right. I get that.

GRACE: You do? You're not upset?

GRANT: No, I'm not upset. I'm not that upset anyway.

GRACE: All right. I guess you can sleep up here with me.

RICKY'S APARTMENT

George enters in the apartment without everybody knows.

GEORGE: Hello? Ricky? Coast is clear.

JUERGUES' HOUSE

Amy and Ashley go home.

AMY: I'm gonna call Mom.

ASHEY: Guilt is a terrible thing to waste. I'll see if I can get John interested in a nap. Come on, John.

AMY: Oh!

ASHLEY: Come on.

Amy calls her mother.

AMY(at phone): Mom?

ANNE(at phone): Oh, Amy, I was gonna call you, but I didn't want you to talk on your phone in the car. Are you still in the car?

AMY(at phone): No. No, I'm not in the car. I'm home. I'm all the way home. I just felt terrible about the way I acted. I miss you. I really do, but I just don't like being away from Ricky on the weekends.

ANNE(at phone): Amy, you either trust him or you don't.

AMY(at phone): I trust him. I do. I just can't expect him to just not have sex.

ANNE(at phone): Yeah, you can expect something from him. It'll be good for him.

AMY(at phone): Maybe. Or maybe expecting something from him would just make him feel pressured.

ANNE(at phone): Amy, tell me the truth. Have you two still not had sex?

AMY(at phone): No, we haven't.

ANNE(at phone): Well, I think that that's good, Amy. I think that you should wait until you can trust him not to have sex with someone else. And maybe that'll happen when he's older and more mature, or maybe it'll never happen.

AMY(at phone): I think the only way that he's gonna stop having sex with other girls is if I have sex with him.

ANNE(at phone): No, you don't. You don't think that. You're just using that as an excuse to marry him. And I thought he wasn't having sex with other girls anyway.

AMY(at phone): He's not. But I'm sure he can't wait forever.

ANNE(at phone): Well, he can wait for a while. And what if you sleep with Ricky, and he still has sex with other girls? You know that's possible, right? It's entirely possible.

AMY(at phone): It's possible. But I don't think he would do that if...

ANNE(at phone): If you were married. Must be genetic. That's the same thing I thought about your father.

ADRIAN'S HOUSE

Ruben joins Adrian in the kitchen.

RUBEN: Hey. So, did you talk to Ben last night?

ADRIAN: I went out with Ben last night.

RUBEN: Yeah, but after that. After he went home. Did you talk to him after that?

ADRIAN: No. I scared him away.

RUBEN: Oh. With all the wedding plans, huh?

ADRIAN: No. No, not the wedding plans. He's fine with the wedding plans. It was something else entirely. You don't wanna know.

(Ben comes in)

RUBEN: Hey, son.

BEN: Dad.

ADRIAN: Hi. You okay?

BEN: Yeah, yeah. I'm fine.

RUBEN: Oh.

(Ruben leaves)

BEN: I was, uh, wondering if we could talk.

ADRIAN: Well, if that's all you wanna do...Ow, ow, ow.

BEN: Ow, ow, ow.

ADRIAN: Ow, ow. You are sharp.

BEN: You are two people.

ADRIAN: Ooh. Uh, so, what do you wanna talk about?

BEN: I wanna talk about not having such a big wedding.

ADRIAN: But it's not such a big wedding.

BEN: I want a small wedding.

ADRIAN: We can't have a small wedding. I already told all our friends they can be in the wedding. I called Henry and Alice this morning. They're really excited.

BEN: I think it would be better if instead we asked my dad to buy us a condo.

ADRIAN: A condo for just the three of us? Our own condo? Our own home? Are you kidding me?

BEN: No. But if we do that, we really shouldn't ask our parents for anything else. So we should just have a small family gathering at my house, and then you and I can move into our own place.

ADRIAN: I don't care if we elope. Oh, my God! No, I can't believe it. Ben Boykewich! Ohh! Oh, you are the best! You are the best husband and father two girls could ever have. Wait. I could ever have. You know what I mean. Our own place?

BEN: Mm-hmm.

ADRIAN: Ooh, we should get something that goes with the china that we already picked out. You know, with the same tile colors and everything. You know what? I don't really care about stainless steel appliances that much. I like white. White is very clean. Oh, I would love it if we could have a black and white kitchen. Yeah, black and white tiles throughout. Although I really usually like a lot of color. But a higher contrast is easier for the baby to differentiate. But you know what? We can always put in colorful accents and accessories.

RICKY'S APARTMENT

Amy knocks on the door. Ricky opens the door.

AMY: It's me. Don't say anything.

RICKY: W...

AMY: I wanna talk to you. I wanna talk to you about having sex.

RICKY: W...

AMY: Shh. No. Just let me say this. I love you, and I know you love me, and I'm ready to have sex with you. So I'm going to go into the bedroom, and I'm going to take this off, and I'm going to be wearing

some French lingerie that I bought in New York, and the two of us are going to get into bed and do what we've been wanting to do for a long, long time. No. Shh. I'm gonna be waiting for you right in...there.

(George appears)

GEORGE: I always thought it was him. I thought he was the one who came after you. I'm sorry, Ricky.

(George leaves)

RICKY: You said, "Don't say anything."

AMY: I know. Now I feel like a complete idiot. But...we should still have sex. Fine. We'll have sex in here.

RICKY: Sit down. Let's talk, Amy. I wanna have sex with you. Maybe this isn't the right time.

AMY: You're right. Maybe this isn't the right time. Maybe the right time...

(She kneels in front of him)

RICKY: Whoa, whoa. I don't think it's the right time for that either.

AMY: Oh, no. Uh... Ricky, will you marry me?

End of the episode.