06x01 - Long Night's Journey Into Day

Episode transcripts for the show "The L Word". Aired: January 2004 to March 2009.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Drama series features a group of lesbians; Jenny, Bette, Tina, Shane, Kit and Alice and their friends, family and lovers living in the trendy Greater Los Angeles, as they deal with life's ups and downs. New sequel coming 2019.

06x01 - Long Night's Journey Into Day

Post by bunniefuu »

There's the police. Someone's been k*lled.

A men: Alright, I got it.

An other:Take this inside. Get it back off the truck.

The policemen: Sergeant, the investigation team is on their way.

The policewomen: Okay, tell me what we know.

The policemen: It seemed to be having a party of some kind, there are seven ladies inside and a little girl. The little girl was asleep when they found the woman in the swimming pool.

The policewomen: Any evidence of dr*gs or alcohol?

The policemen: Oh, just a few drinks and a bottle of wine. That's about it.

The policewoman: What about the victim?

The policewoman: Evening. My name is Sergeant Marybeth Duffy. Who's the homeowner, please?

Bette: Hi, I am Bette Porter.

Sergeant Duffy: Bette Porter?

Bette: Yes, and this is my partner, Tina Kennard.

Tina: Hi.

Sergeant Duffy: It's a very beautiful family.

Bette: Thank you.

Duffy: I don't plan on keeping you long, but I'm sure you understand I've gotta ask a few questions.

The dead body comes into the house to go away. We see that it's Jenny.

Credits.

We return at the past.

3 months earlier. Back at the end of the production of LezGirls.

Adele: Jennyfer Schecter.

People: We love you Jenny! We love you too, Jenny!

Jenny: Thank you. I wanna thank my incredible friends who I, I really love you, guys. You guys have, have shown me loyalty, and so much compassion. And friendship and I, I think that's what "Lez Girls" is all about. It means the world to me more than any other movie or lover. Is, is Nikki here?

Cammie: I saw her outside, by the little pagoda.

Jenny: I wanna tell her something, 'cause I, I was...I realized something really important this afternoon. That I am madly in love with someone, and it's changed the way I feel about all of this. Thank you for putting up with me.

Bette: Thank you, Jenny.

MUSIC

Tina: Are you kidding me? You agreed to change the ending?! God, it's so...

Adele: Tina, it makes total sense that Jesse would go back to Jim in the end.

The productor: Jesse never really felt gay at the beginning.

Tina: What the f*ck would you know about it?!

The productor: What?

Tina: That is so f*cked up!

The productor: Tina, come on.

Tina: You're so f*cking Hollywood!

The other men: So Williams spends a little more money. What's the big deal?

Tina: This is bullshit! We worked really hard on a movie that we believed in and the marketing people just come along and change the whole ending? The guy gets the girl in the end?! This is the movie that was supposed to change all that.

Adele: Look, Tina. If the movie's too gay, it's going to alienate the audience.

Tina: Too gay! It's a movie about lesbians.

The productor: And the movie is full of lesbians. It's choke full of them.

The other men: Bev is a lesbian, Nina's a lesbian, Shaun, Dona, what's your face, the, uh, bisexual?

Adele: Alyse.

The other men: Alyse! She's not interested. And when we're talking about one character here, it's not that big deal.

Tina: I just wanna know one thing. How do you do it? How do you live with yourself?

Bette: What the hell is going on?

Tina: The studio wants to change the ending of the movie. They want Jesse to go back to Jim.

Alice, Kit, Bette: What?!

Tina: They think it's too gay.

Alice: Too gay? Wait, you're not gonna let them go away with that, are you?

Kit: I'm telling you it's the man that does this crazy sh*t.

Shane, Jenny and Nikki arrive. Shane was with Nikki when Jenny came to see her.

Shane: Jenny, would you talk to me? I'm your friend, please.

Jenny: No, Shane.

Nikki: You guys, come on. Can we all just be friends, please?

Shane: Jenny, I am your friend. I swear. I swear.

Jenny: You know what? It's the ultimate betrayal. You've broken my heart.

MUSIC

Jenny drives home and Shane follows her. Shane tries to call her. Nikki follows her too.

Shane: It's... Damnit, Jenny!

Nikki: That's right. No, please, don't. No, I have to call you back, okay? I can't talk right now.

Shane: f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck.

At home.

Shane: Jenny, please. Jenny, please, just give me half the chances to explain why the hell I would do something like that.

Jenny: f*ck off!

Shane: No, no, no, no!

Nikki: Wait, you guys!

Shane: f*ck!

At Alice's home.

Alice: You wanna talk about it?

Tasha: Talk about what?

Alice: Well, you're kicking my shoes. You kind of shiftfaced.

Tasha: I'm not shiftfaced.

Alice: A little bit.

Alice's phone is ringing.

Alice: It's Helena. Hold on one second. Hey, Helena, I can't talk. Yeah, no, it's Adele and Tina's creepy boss. They met at the studio secretly. To Tasha: Just one second. And they were just gonna make end into a grobbery left story that makes the lesbian random.I know. That did happen! That's what... Tash! Jesus! I got... Yeah, Jenny made the speech, went outside, saw Shane... You know, I can't talk. It's a bad time. Okay, I'll tell you later. Yeah.

Alice: What are you doing?

Tasha: Saving you the trouble of breaking up with me.

Alice: What? Oh my... You're so wrong about...I changed my mind, okay?

Tasha: You changed your mind?

Alice: Yeah.

Tasha: So you did wanna break up with me, but now you don't.

Alice: Okay, listen, I don't want you to just start flying off the handle because it's, it's like...

Tasha: When did this all happened?

Alice: You know what? I'm not gonna let you just f*cking corner me right now and accuse me and blame me when you know we'd been unhappy! It didn't...

The phone is ringing again.

Alice: f*ck, it's Jenny. I just think, um... to, I mean... Okay, I do not wanna break up with you. I wanna work this out. I think we owe it to each other. We owe it to ourselves.

Tasha: You don't owe me, you don't owe me anything.

Alice: I owe it to myself. I... I don't... I don't wanna break up with you.

Tasha: So what made you change your mind?

Alice: Honestly, I think it was Shane tonight.

Tasha: Going down on her best friend's girlfriend.

Alice: Yeah, like on the railing outside the Yamashiro for the whole world to see. It just kinda made me think twice about taking her advice.

Tasha: So Shane gave you advice?

Alice: Oh, come on, we talk about everything. You know that. Don't I...

Tasha: And you actually thought about taking it.

MUSIC

Shane: Jenny, undo the chain.

Jenny: No, f*ck off.

Shane: Jenny, I don't wanna wake up the whole goddam neighbourhood. Undo the f*cking chain.

Jenny: I don't care.

Shane: Listen, I know what I did is completely f*cked up, but you do mean the world to me. So please, let me just talk to you and explain to you what happened.

Jenny: You're a sad pathetic piece of sh*t!

Shane: Jenny, open the door!

At Bette and Tina's house.

Tina: She's sleeping. She's so pretty congested. You said you gave her some advil?

The nurse: Yeah, about an hour and a half ago.

Bette: You know, in the future, you should just call us right away. In this way, we'll come straight home.

The nurse: Okay, yeah, of course.

Bette: That would be great, thank you. Have a good night.

Bette: God, she's young.

Tina: I'm just so f*cking furious, you know? I know that Adele and Aaron worked him over. William has some integrity. He does. I mean, believe it or not. If I had a chance to talk to him.

Bette: You should call him.

Tina: It's 1:30 in the morning.

Bette: You should call him. It's not like he hasn't called you about half a dozen times in the middle of the night.

Tina: You realize he pays my paycheck?

Bette: But it doesn't give him rights on you. I mean, from everything you've told me, William responds to strength of conviction. I think that you need to tell him how deeply you feel about this without Adele standing there batting her eyelashes at him. He'll respect it.

Shane: Jenny, you've got to let me in. I'm not going away. Let me in. Jenny, I'm not going. Please, let me in.

Bette: Poor Shane.

Tina: f*ck that! I wouldn't blame Jenny if she never spoke to Shane again.

Bette: That's little harsh.

Tina: It was unforgivable what Shane did.

Bette: Well, maybe it was wrong, but...

Tina: Maybe?

Bette: Okay, it was wrong.

Tina: It was devastating. After everything that Jenny's been through?

Bette: Poor Shane, been through a lot too, and she's always been there for Jenny.

Tina: Let's not talk about this.

Bette: Let's not talk about this.

Jenny: No, f*ck off!

Nikki: Why don't you just listen to what she has to say?

Jenny: f*ck you!

Nikki: I did have my keys!

Shane: Open the f*cking door!

Nikki: They're my keys now! And now, you're gonna have to listen to what we both have to say.

Shane: There is, there is absolutely no we. It's just me, it's just me. I wanna talk to you.

Jenny: I want you both out of my house, okay?

Shane: Listen, let me just say what I have to say and if you want me to go then, then I promise I'll leave.

Nikki: Me too. Her phone is ringing. Oh my god! Oh, poor Tiffy!

Shane: Listen, I realize I've done a lot of f*cked up sh*t in my life, I acknowledge that, but this is, by far, the most f*cked up thing I have ever done. But you cannot forget that ten days ago you told me that she was dead to you.

Jenny: I did say that.

Shane: And for some reason in my f*cked up brain that gave me permission and, and I know that breakups take time, and you need that time to heal, and I know that I've encroached on your time to do that and I am sorry. So you tell me.

Jenny: Oh god!

Shane: What can I do? I will eat dirt, I'll crawl on glass, I'll be...

Nikki: Me too, Jenny. I mean I would even drink that Spirulina disgusting stuff for an entire week. I promise you.

Shane: I'll be your assistant. I'll be your servant, I'll be your sl*ve, I'll be whatever it takes, but I want you to forgive me. I mean, Jenny, listen, you know me more than anybody else in this world.

Jenny: I do.

Shane: You're my best friend I've ever had. And I'm so ashamed. I'm profoundly ashamed of what I've done. I need you to know that. My only explanation and I promise it is an explanation it is not an excuse, is that I've been upset about Molly.

Jenny: Molly? Why?

Shane: She...She gave me hope. She... she... she...She inspired me.

Jenny: What?! She inspired you to f*ck my girlfriend on the balustrade of Yamashiro?

Shane: I didn't f*ck your girlfriend.

Nikki: Yeah Jenny, she only ate me out.

Jenny: Oh, right, okay, of course. 'm so stupid!

Shane: Listen, if I knew for a split second she was your girlfriend, I wouldn't ever go near that. Listen to me. I understand...

MUSIC – Jenny throws away a light.

Jenny: Piece of f*cking sh*t! Hang on a sec. Go f*ck yourself! And the f*ck out of my house!

Nikki: Jesus!

Shane: What the f*ck?!

Back to Alice's home.

Tasha: I think you're right. I think we probably should break up.

Alice: Computer rings. It's Max. He's back...Oh, okay. It's off. It's off.

Tasha: We have nothing in common. It was exciting and hot to you when I was a soldier, but we have nothing in common.

Alice: We don't have nothing in common. Come on.

Tasha: Exactly, we don't have nothing in common.

Alice: It's stupid.

Tasha: What? It's true.

Alice: We have things in common.

Tasha: Like what?

Alice: We have this.

Tasha: Okay, what else?

Alice: We have this in common.

Tasha: No, no!

Alice: What?

Tasha: I know we have all of this. But it can't be the only thing.

Nikki: f*ck her, right? I mean, we tried.

Shane: Shut up, Nikki.

Nikki: Why don't you just come with me? I bought a new house from the money I made from my last feature and while my house is under construction, they're putting me up in the Chateau. Come on, it'll be fun. Seriously.

Shane: I don't think so. Terrific idea.

Jenny: I'll let you know when there is a good time for you to get the rest of your stincky sh*t. And don't come back when I'm here.

Bette: Do you think this thing's working?

Tina: We have a fever, Pookie, and a nasty cold.

Bette: Do you think maybe we should give her some more advil?

Tina: I don't know. It's been less in the four hours. Go to sleep.

Bette: I'll get it.

Bette: God! Phyllis can be such an assh*le. No. No, she had no right. Really.

Shane: She had every right. Molly's her daughter. She loves her. If I loved someone as much as she loves Molly, I'd tell her not to waste her time with me too.

Bette: Oh, come on, you're not a waste of time. Why'd say that?

Shane: Thanks, Bette.

Bette: Wait, so are you saying that you love Molly?

Shane: Yeah.

Bette: God! I don't think I've heard you say that since Carmen.

Shane: I was faithfull to Molly.

Bette: Really? Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh.

Shane: No, you can laugh.

Bette: No. No, it's just that that's big. It must have been hard.

Tina: How hard is it to be faithfull to someone that you're in love with? She's asleep.

Shane: Is she okay?

Tina: Yeah, she's fine. She just has a really bad cold.

Shane: Listen, I know you guys have a lot going on with Angie and everything, but...Can I stay here tonight? I wanna try with Jenny in the morning but I don't have a place to stay.

Tina: I'm gonna call William.

Bette: Go for it.

Tina: Right now. Yeah, I'll go.

Bette: No, no, no, just stay. Stay. It's okay. Did you hear what happened with the movie? Aaron, apparently...

Tina: Hi, this is Tina Kennard calling for Mr. Halsey. Yes, I know. I know that it is very late. William? William, hi. It's Tina.I'm so sorry to call you in the middle of the night, but I just wanted to take the chance

to tell you how passionnate I feel and how strongly I feel that we do not sell out to studio marketers.

Bette: And they got him to agree to reshoot the end of the movie.

Shane: To what?

Bette: Some heterosexist Jesse goes back to Jim and decides she isn't really lesbian after all kind of ending.

Shane: You're f*cking kidding me?

Tina: No, I promise I do not call you...

Shane: This happened tonight?

Bette: ... at 2:15 in the morning

Tina: to berate you and accuse you of being a sala. I'm sorry. Yes, I, I should have used better judgment.

I should have cool my jets and taken my time and called you in the morning to make an appointm...

Bette: Oh, my god.

Tina: What? So, you wanna sleep on our couch?

MUSIC – At the bar.

Kit: Okay. How about "Porter-Peabody's"? No, no, no, no, no, sounds like a porter party copy. No, sounds like, you know, no, no, no, okay.

Helena: But I like the idea of combining both our names. You know, bring them together?

Kit: Kit, Helena...Kelena! Kelena? Okay, alright. Well, the only thing that left is Kit, Helena... Hit! The Hit Club! "Hit"! It's a Hit.

Helena: It's a great name for a club.

Kit: It's a hit, it's just hit me.That's it! Girl it's hit club! Girl, where you been?!

Shane: She's my best friend, Tina. I didn't mean to hurt her.

Tina: That is ass backward, Shane. You shouldn't meant not to hurt her. You should think before you act.

Shane: You're right. I know. You're right.

Tina: The things you do in the dark? They have consequences.

Bette: But, no one's saying that what happened was OK, T. I think, maybe you, you might be a little overjudgmental.

Tina: You're damn right I am!

Shane: No, she's right. You know what? I deserve everything you're saying.

Bette: Well, I think that we all have to take in account, you know, a lot of things, before we can judge anyone else's behavior.

Tina: I think your unwillingness to judge has a lot more to do with your own history than any accommodation you might make for Shane.

Bette: Well, that's what I was saying. I mean, I was admitting that...

Shane: Listen, you know what? I don't wanna get you guys into this. I'm gonna get outta there.

Tina: Don't. Don't go. Stay. Really. Don't go. Stay, okay? I'm sorry I've busted your chops. I am. It was my own stuff, okay? Stay.

Bette: T.?

Tina: Please, stay, that's fine.

Alice: I said attraction. It's not like it was in a sexual way. It was we had things in common. Like we talked about things that I like.

Tasha: Like what?

Alice: Like we just talked easily. We had... we had this talk about. You have to understand. Nothing happened. I need you to hear that.Nothing happened. In fact, you know, I think I deserve a little credit.

Tasha: Credit for what?

Alice: For not doing what every other lesbian would do in the circomstances. I didn't cheat!

Tasha: That's a given, Alice.You don't get medals for that.

Alice: I'm not saying...I don't... This is such a f*cking trap. I know that you think thinking is cheating, okay?

That's the person I'm dealing with. So, I'm trying to say let's be honest, okay? I'm trying to give you some honesty. If we stand a f*cking chance in this relationship, we have to be honest. We have to communicate. That's what I'm doing. I'm admitting that I had a moment, like a moment!

Tasha: How much of a moment?

Alice: It... like... nothing. Like a nanobig, like a tiny moment. Like a mental... That rings at the door. Let me just get rid of that. Hold on. I mean, I didn't even really kiss her! At all!

Shane: What?

Alice: No, I just... It's a bad time. It's a bad time.

Shane: Hi, Tasha. I was just... Listen. Do you two care if I sleep on the couch tonight?

Tasha: What the f*ck do you mean you didn't even really kiss her? Maybe you can give her some more of that good advice.

Alice: f*ck! f*ck! Tasha, hold on! It's really bad, but you can't stay here tonight. I'm so sorry. I love you so much but it's really bad and you're not helping my case. Will you lock the door? Okay. I love you. Sorry. Hang on the door! Where are you going?

Tasha: At a friend's house.

Bette: Oh, my god! You know how to work this thing? Oh wait. I think I pushed it too many times. It's so goddam complicated.

Tina: Yes, this is Tina Kennard, mother of Angelica Porter-Kennard. Four and a half. She's really high fever and she is very congested. Can you get a reading?

Bette: 104?

Tina: 104. Yeah, definitively 104. I think we should just go.

Bette: Okay.

Tina: Now.

Back to Jenny's house.

Molly: I don't know where Shane is. I really... I tried to phone her, but it didn't... I don't wanna do this over the phone. Really. I don't know where she is. Okay, I don't know if you know what happened and what my mother said, but...it was around us and Shane was completely justified in the way that she behaved on me the other night and I really, I really need to talk to her.

Jenny: I think probably what your mother said to Shane was completely justified.

Molly: My mother's a raging bitch and she destroys anyone that gets in her way and I'm not gonna watch her do that to the woman that I love.

Jenny: You know that it's Shane's MO to make girls fall in love with her, right?

Shane: Yes, I know that, but I also know that what we have is different.

Jenny: Right. And then, when girls fall in love with her, they want Shane to be constrained into like a happy family and like a marriage type of relationship and that's not gonna happen.

Molly: Yeah. I don't wanna constrain her, I love her for who she is. So if you could just tell me where she is or when she'll be back.

Jenny: She's at the Chateau Marmont, and she's f*cking Nikki. I... I don't know when it started happening. I guess they were f*cking around on the Pink Ride or something.'Cause they were always going off together and... I don't know. I remember that Nikki said she ran into Shane in the shower and Nikki comes back and she's still dirty and she's not, she's not wet.

Molly: Shane and Nikki hooked up on the Pink Ride?

Jenny: I don't know. I don't know if there is any point in rehashing this stuff. Molly, I do know that now that Nikki and I are over Shane's gonna loose interest and move on.

Molly: This is her's. If you wouldn't mind giving it to her. There's a, a letter in the inside pocket,

in case she didn't get to see it. If you could make sure that she gets that. Thanks.

MUSIC – Jenny is reading the letter. Then she'll hide the blouson and the letter.

"In your eyes"

"I see things I know

I can't touch"

"I know not to reach for them"

"I let them touch me"

"And I cherish these moments"

"That we're able to share"

"However fleeting they may be"

Bette and Tina are in the hospital with Angelica.

Tina: Once we filled up the form, how long will it take?

The receptionist: We'll do our best, M'ame. What else comes in?

Bette: She's burning up. It's 3:00 in the morning.

Tina: She's really hot.

The receptionist: Which one of you is the mother?

Tina and Bette: We both are.

The receptionist: I need to put one name only.

Bette: Are you kidding me?

The receptionist: I can't process your paperwork.

Bette: This is Los Angeles. There are same sex families on every f*cking street corner. She was born in this f*cking hospital and both our names are on the birth certificate. So why don't you just give us a f*cking break, you bureaucratic magnet, and get our daughter to see a goddam doctor. Please.

Shane is eating in a bar and now is leaving it.

Nikki: This is incredible. What are you doing here?

Shane: What are you doing here?

Nikki: You know, we ate muchies. What are you doing?

Shane: I'm leaving.

Nikki: You have nowhere to go. So you're coming with us. Come on. See, look, tada! Wonderful goods waiting for you. Poor Shane, Jenny's so mad at her. What? Smile! Don't worry. I'm gonna take care of you, okay?

Shane: I don't want you to take care of me.

Nikki: Why not?

Shane: Cause I don't.

Nikki: I can take care of you. Everyone else's mad at you and I'm not.

Shane: Fantastic!

Nikki: Come on! Smile a little there! Isn't she sexy, you guys! Come on, Shane, relax! Mobile phone. Oh, my god, it's Jenny. She said "If you still wanna come over and see me, you can".

Shane: Great.

Nikki: You think she's serious?

Shane: I don't know, Nikki. I don't. If she texts you and she says that, then yes, she's serious.

Nikki: I know but she's been so mean.

Shane: I don't know what to tell you. Just go. Just go, okay? Go, go, go.

Nikki: Are you gonna be okay?

Shane: I'm gonna be fine. Just...

Nikki: Do you think she loves me?

Shane: I don't know. Sure. Sure.

Nikki: Okay. Let's go, you guys. I'll text you later, okay? Come on you guys. Let's go.

Bette and Tina are back in the car with Angie.

Bette: I am mortified. I'm just relieved. I just, I don't know how I got the monitor to read 104 when the temperature's 99.5.

Tina: You know, I'm sure it happens all the time with all the tottering L.A. parents. That's one of the things

I love about you.

Bette: Is that I don't know how to use a digital thermometer?

Tina: Because you appear to the most of the world to be so Alpha and in control and I know how hard it is for you to cover up the panic you feel inside.

MUSIC – Tasha and Alice arrive to Papi's home.

Alice: Who the hell lives here? What the hell are you doing here?

Papi: I live here. Maybe I should be asking you that question.

Alice: But, you, uh... I thought... You disappeared! I thought you left town or...got arrested by some cop who was pissed off you slept with his wife.

Papi: Okay, look who's talking.

Alice: Oh, I didn't. I didn't. Did she tell you I did? 'Cause I didn't.

Tasha: Throw me the keys.

Alice: I didn't. Can I come in? Hello? Can I...Can I come in? I'm coming in.

Papi: So, try to make yourself at home, girl, but keep it down, 'cause I'm trying to get some work done in here.

Alice: It's 3:00 in the morning.

Papi: It's when I do my best work.

Alice: Oh my f*cking god!

Tasha: Who's that?

Alice: Oh, f*cking Gabby Deveaux.

Tasha: I take it you know her.

Alice: Can I have a beer? It's a twist off?

Nikki arrives by Jenny.

Jenny: Come here. Honey...

Nikki: I swear, I won't do anything to make it up to you.

Jenny: We'll see about that.

Nikki: I swear, Jenny, I'm so sorry. Okay, I only did it with Shane, let her go down on me because I was devastated about you, Jenny.

Jenny: Shh...

Nikki: I'm so sorry. I swear. I never meant to do anything to hurt you. I don't wanna loose you.

They make love.

Alice: Beautiful.

Tasha: You've got a problem with that?

Alice: You've gotta admit it's a little tacky

Tasha: It's her culture. It's not tacky.

Alice: Oh, come on. Look at the hat!

Tasha: There you go. That's our problem.

Alice: There's no problem. I'm just saying. I'm not saying you would buy this. You know who have these?

Papi: Don't mind us. Sandwich round.

Tasha: You're a snob.

Tasha: You weren't like this when I first met you.

Papi: Actually, she was a wannabe. And now, she's a wannabe with money.

Gaby: Ever think about investing in a stylist with all that money, Alice?

Tasha: You need to watch your mouth.

Gaby: Ouh, Alice has a big butch daddy to protect her. Can you give me, uh, the liverwurst one?

Alice: You sure that's liverwurst I smell?

Gaby: I wonder if your friend knows that her girlfriend used to be nicknamed "crash" 'cause she would always show up to parties she wasn't invited to.

Alice: That's what my life used to be like. Right there. You're the best person I've ever met. You're strong, you're honest, you're beautiful. I'm not ready to lose you.

MUSIC – At the Hit Club

A girl: Get your hands off of her!

An other girl: Don't you touch me!

The girl: What?

The second: I said don't f*cking touch me, bitch!

The first: What are you gonna do, huh?

The second: I swear if you f*cking touch me...

Helena: Everybody keep their hands of everybody else in Hit Club. Unless they're loving hands.

Shane: Can I have a drink? Please?

Helena: Make that two. On me. Women are poison. You know that? Two.

Bette: I just wanna apologize.

Tina: You already did.

Bette: No, I mean for defending Shane tonight. I feel like I might have sent the wrong message.

Tina: It doesn't matter. We just fall in two different sides of this, that's all. It's fine.

Bette: Given my history, I just, I don't wanna be casual about the promise that I made to you.

Tina: I didn't know you made any promises.

Bette: Well, I'm making a promise to you right now. I promise that I share your values about family and faithfulness and commitment and that I will never ever cheat on you again.

Tina: I love you.

Alice: Come home with me. I promise I won't make any gross noises like that.

Tasha: Oh, I'm not sleeping with you.

Alice: Okay, fine, no sex tonight.

Tasha: No, I mean, I'm not even sleeping in your bed, not until we figure some sh*t out.

Alice: Whatever you say, fine.

Tasha: What was that?

Alice: What? It's my happy dance.

Tasha: You never make noises like that.

Kit: Shane, baby girl.

Helena: Hey, sweetie, come on. It's time to go home.

Kit: Hold on the... Yeah. I got it, I got it, I got it.

Helena: Your arms are around my neck. I'm gonna pull you. Please, put your...

Kit: Are you okay? You're okay?

Shane: What time is it?

Kit: It's time to go home.

Shane: What are we gonna do?

Kit: Come on, girl. One of us has to take her. Okay, alright, I'll take her. Come on. Come on, Shane,

you're going with me. Come on. Put your arms around... Hang on, hang on, hang on.

Shane: What time is it?

Kit: Okay, it's time for you to go home.

Shane: Where is my bag?

Kit: We... we got it, we got it, we got it. We got your bag, we got your bag.

Helena: It's okay, it's here.

Kit: Okay, let's go.

Helena: See you tomorrow.

Kit: Come on, Shane. Come on. Put one step in front of the other. Come on, you can do it. One more step. Come on.

Helena: Alright, good night.

Alice: This is stupid. Would you just come to the bedroom? Or let me sleep on the sofa while you go to the bedroom 'cause it's not fair, I mean, you don't have to be banished from the sofa.

Tasha: This is fine. This is actually hundred times more comfortable than half the places I've slept.

Alice: Really? I never slept on that. Do you mind if I just...It's soft. This is nice. It's really good.

Tasha: What are you doing?

Alice: What? It's a nice place to sleep but I'm not currently sleepy.

Tasha: Lay still.

Tasha: Stop it. Just lay still!

Alice: What? What?!

Tasha: Lay still!

Alice: But...Am I too scrummy?

Tasha: Yes, you are. Turn around. Come on. That's it. We're not doing this. We're not doing this. Not until we're sure that we're gonna, that we're gonna stay together. I'm serious.

Alice: Oh, I know you're serious.Yes. You're a very serious person.

Tasha: Yeah, and you're not. One more thing we don't have in common.

Alice: Wait a minute. That's not true.

Tasha: It is.

Alice: No, I can be very serious.

Tasha: Really?

Alice: Watch. Wait, you made me laugh. Hold on.

Tasha: What's with the flared nostrils though? Is that... Is that part of your serious look?

Alice: Listen, don't judge me! What are we gonna do?

Tasha: Should go to therapy?

Alice: Oh, hell, no. I'm not going to therapy.

Tasha: Why? What's wrong with therapy?

Alice: Therapy is for people with problems.

Tasha: Oh yeah, so let's not go to that. 'Cause we're good. Alright. Well, maybe we'll see.

Kit: Oh, I know, girl. I know. You did some damnit sh*t.

Shane: I f*cked up, Kit. I totally f*cked up. It wasn't even worth it, that's the worst part. It was such a waste.

Kit: You know, Jenny, she gonna get over it.

Shane: No, she's not.

Kit: Oh, yeah.

Shane: No, she's not. She's not gonna get over it. There's no way. She's... She's too delicate. She's way too delicate and I don't just mean that whole movie thing with Adele and Nikki, I just mean in general. She's...she's fragile. And the worst part, the part that makes me the most sick is that I was probably the last person she would ever expect to do something like this. And I did it.

Kit: Yeah, you did it. You know, it seems like her life has just been one big ass-whooping, you know? It's...

Shane: I know. It's so hot in here. Why is that?

Kit: Come on. Take off your socks. Just, just relax.

Shane: f*ck!

Kit: You know, you know what you should do?

Shane: I can't do anything.

Kit: Yeah, you can. You need to fight. You need to fight for Jenny. You see, you kinda just let all your women go. Carmen, Molly...

Shane: No, no, Jenny's my friend...

Kit: That's why you can do it. Fight for the friendship. Friendship.Let her know that you'll, you'll fight to the death to let her know you're not gonna let her go. You're not gonna lose this friendship.

MUSIC – Back with Jenny and Nikki

Nikki: Good morning. I'm so happy everything's okay between us. God, you're so sexy. I love you so much And...Last night, you know, after everything that happened with Shane, it was so romantic when you said that I broke your heart..."You've broken my heart".

Jenny: You didn't break my heart. You're nothing but a self absorbed, self-indulgent little brat. And our affair on set was nothing but a showmance. And when I said that you broke my heart, I wasn't talking about you, darling. It's time for you to go.

MUSIC – At the Planet

Shane: I'm moving into a hotel.

Helena: Morning. Shane, why don't you come sit with me at the counter?

Jenny: I don't want to have memories...

Shane: No, it's okay. I got it. It's okay.

Helena: She's really pissed.

Bette: Shane, why don't you have a seat?

Jenny: If she sits there, then I'm gonna leave.

Bette: Jenny, come on.

Shane: I'd like to talk to you.

Jenny: Do you, do you guys wanna have a drink with me?

Tina: Sorry.

Bette: It's okay.

Jenny: Helena, could we just have some service, please? Thank you.

Bette: You wanna sit down?

Shane: Sure.

Bette: Where did you sleep last night?

Shane: Kit's.

Helena: Excuse me, ladies. Do enjoy.

Jenny: Thanks.

Helena: For you, an expresso.

Shane: You're sweet. Thank you.

Helena: Tea.

Kit: Come on, girls! You've gotta be kidding, right?!

End of the episode