02x15 - The Mallpisode

All episode transcripts for the TV show "The O.C.". Aired August 2003 - April 2007.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

02x15 - The Mallpisode

Post by bunniefuu »

Opening scene - The first thing we see is the pool house, it's dark. near the door we can see someones shadow and we hear a few knocks. Seth opens the doors himself

Seth: Ryan (looks over and sees Ryan still in bed, covered by the covers) ugh buddy come on (opens the blinds letting light in) look I know your bummed that Lindsay left but you can�t live like this alright

Seth pulls Ryan�s quilt down from the end, Ryan grabs it up the top and doesn�t look impressed)

Seth: hey, do you remember when Summer was leaving for Italy with Zach you refused (points) ta let me stay bed ridden an depressed

Ryan: (sits up on his elbows) no I didn�t (sighs) I gave you your space to do what you have to do

Seth: true but right now (sits) what I have'ta do is help you so...what can I do, level with me (rubs his hands together) ask an it shall be yours

Ryan: (lifts his head) fine, you leaving right now (puts it back down)

Seth: ok, anything but that...hey, what about Captain Oats, I�ve seen the way you look at him, you say the word an your pool house is his manger

Ryan: (getting fed up) Seth (sits up)

Seth: speaking of which are you getting like a little bit sick of the pool house because we can actually switch rooms, you can have mine we jus thought you'd like the privacy

Ryan: I do like the privacy, I would like some right now actually

Seth: what about a nice private booth at our favourite diner huh, cup'a coffee, short stack a little syrup side'a bacon

Ryan: (softly) Seth I mean it (closes his eyes)

Seth: extra crispy like the man likes it, maybe those nice little sausage patties

Ryan: (means it) Seth shut up

(Seth looks at Ryan, shocked)

Ryan: please (Seth looks hurt) this thing with Lindsay is...different

Seth: different how

Ryan: different as in...not fixed by pancakes (Seth goes to speak) an don�t ask me how I feel about waffles

Seth: (softly) got it

Ryan: ...I don�t mean to take this out on you

Seth: no its fine, that�s what I�m here for

Ryan: I jus...(hits his pillow) had alotta people in my life who just left...I thought those days were gone but I...guess they aren�t

Seth nods, Ryan lies back down)

Seth: ok...alright well I�m jus gonna (stands) leave (realises) not...leave but you know what I�m sayin (goes to the door) uh I could give you something to go (shakes his head) its stupid, ok

Ryan shuts his eyes, Seth leaves and shuts the door behind him. the camera pans back over to Ryan who shuts his eyes again. Seth slowly walks away from the pool house door. Ryan looks as though he�s thinking. we hear the noise of a door opening and closing {presumably Seth back in the main house} Ryan gets up quickly and throws his bag on the bed, he is standing over at his drawers and shelves throwing clothes onto the bag. he picks up his grey hoody from the first few episodes of season 1 {the one he wears when Luke says he�s a little far from 8mile now} he looks at it and then puts it on. he looks as though he�s looking over toward the main house then he walks out of the frame)

Theme song - California by Phantom planet

Cohen kitchen - Kirsten walks in and Sandy is already in there

Kirsten: hey honey

Sandy: (smiles) hey

Kirsten goes to the cupboard and gets herself out a coffee cup, Sandy already has one. Kirsten pours coffee into her cup and puts the pot back. Kirsten realises what she did)

Kirsten: oh, right coffee (pours it into Sandy�s cup)

Sandy: thanks

Sandy pulls his cup away but Kirsten keeps pouring, coffee goes over the bench)

at the same time:

Kirsten: ooo

Sandy: oh

Sandy: hey I thought you were I�m (frowns) err

Kirsten: oh no I�m s- no no no no, it�s my fault let me

Sandy: no no no its mine

Kirsten: let me

Sandy and Kirsten both to grab a cloth and knock into each other. the toast pops)

Sandy: (whipsers) everything�s gonna be fine

Kirsten: well if we just (shrugs) act like nothing happened then it'll just be as if

Sandy: nothing happened

Kirsten looks away, Sandy looks at Kirsten then notices something)

Sandy: where�s your ring (Kirsten looks at him) two carats platinum setting, lives on your left hand second finger

Kirsten: (looks at her naked finger) I...can�t find it

Sandy: you never take that ring off

Kirsten: that�s not true, sometimes when I�m washing the dishes or gardening I-I leave it by the sink

Sandy: I bet it fell in, I bet it�s stuck in the drain

Kirsten: ill call the plumber tomorrow (walks over to Sandy) I'm-I'm sure it�s not lost (smiles and kisses Sandy on the cheek)

CUT TO: The diner - Summer is sitting at a booth with a postcard from Italy in her hand, Seth comes in. when Summer sees him she puts the postcard in her bag

Seth: (sits) hey

Summer: hey (they kiss)

Seth: wait a sec (puts up a finger)

Summer: but I�ve ben waiting

Seth: yeah I know, I�m afraid we have a man down though this thing with Lindsay...has just really kicked Ryan�s ass

Summer: which is why it�s a good thing we're like the marines

Seth: (frowns) how're we like the marines

Summer: we leave no man behind! (Seth nods) look Lindsay may of turned her back on Ryan but we wont, no (shakes her head) you 'have got to cheer him up, semprefy (nods)

Seth: oh semprefy

Summer: yeah

Seth: that�s so cute (they almost kiss)

Summer: wait, that has'ta wait, plans an action, I�m gonna ask Marissa to the mall later maybe you guys could come to

Seth: (sarcastic) the mall, that would cheer him up for sure

Summer: well

Seth: alright you know what, fine I will ask him to the mall (points) you know what

Summer: hm

Seth: now that you an I are back together an Lindsay�s outta the picture

Seth: who knows maybe Marissa an Ryan might get it together

Summer: are you crazy, they were like the worst couple ever

Seth: I c-

Summer: an besides Marissa�s happy now

Seth: ok an by happy you mean-you mean gay

Summer: (fake laughs) that�s funny

CUT TO: Alex and Marissa�s apartment - Marissa tips their laundry over the couch. it�s all pink except for a very red shirt. Alex walks in and sees

Alex: ...our clothes are all pink

Marissa: uh pink is the new black, I read it in W

Alex looks at Marissa, shocked)

Marissa: well I mean (picks up the red top) separating your whites, who knew

Alex: everyone who's ever had to do their own laundry

Marissa: look I�m sorry, we'll get new stuff

Alex: with what have you found an after school job

Marissa: I�m working on it

Alex looks at Marissa, Marissa looks at Alex)

Alex: (softer tone) well lucky for you I look really good in pink (smiles)

Marissa: maybe today we could do something fun, it�s the weekend (puts her hand on Alex�s shoulder) maybe we could go to the beach, or the pier

Alex: that sounds great an I would love to, but I have'ta work (Marissa looks at her) but maybe tonight I can pick up some take out an we can go sit by the water

Marissa: ok, sounds good

Alex: ok (kisses Marissa�s cheek) oh uh if a big fat guy with an I heart NASCAR tattoo shows up don�t answer the door because he�s our landlord an we're late on rent (laughs) bye

Marissa waves, then sighs and sits down with the washing)

CUT TO: Cohen kitchen - Caleb walks in and finds Sandy under the sink

Caleb: Sanford,� glad to see you finally found your calling (smirks) where�s Kiki

Sandy: Kirsten�s at the office with your wife, there workin on the magazine

Caleb: I must tell you I�m really disturbed by Lindsay�s departure

Sandy: must you tell me isn�t there anyone else you could tell

Caleb: ...I've lost my daughter

Sandy: (comes out from under the sink) I�m sorry Cal (sighs) if you wanna talk ill listen

Caleb: I hate to admit it but I really screwed up

Sandy: hand me the pliers

CUT TO: Julie�s office - Julie is in there with Kirsten

Julie: why can�t I edit my own magazine

Kirsten: because you've never edited a magazine

Julie: yeah but why this guy, he launched a magazine called the ugly American

Kirsten: I�ve heard'a that, it�s an independent travel magazine It�s won a bunch of awards

Julie: fine (frowns) but our magazine is about beautiful Americans (hands Kirsten the paper)

Kirsten sighs and Julie walks to the window, she sees a guy talking to her receptionist)

Lance: she works here, she�s like the big boss

Kirsten: Julie, promise me that you will make the best of this

Julie shuts the blinds then peeks through one)

Lance: Julie - Cooper ? Nichol now

Receptionist: I�m sorry Mrs. Cooper-Nichol is behind closed doors

Guy: well tell her Lance stopped by looking for her, she knows me...a little blast from the past

Julie looks worried. Kirsten notices)

Kirsten: Julie

Julie: (turns around) huh

Kirsten: did you hear a word that I jus said

Julie: (distracted) yeah of course um...yeah I-I couldnt'a said it better myself

Julie looks at Kirsten, Kirsten looks at Julie. Julie smiles)

CUT TO: Cohen kitchen - Sandy is still working under the sink and Caleb is sitting against the cupboard next to him

Caleb: the girl really got to me...I worry about her all the time...how she is what she�s doing (frowns) I was watching a peanut butter commercial on television, I was blubbering like a baby

Sandy: (comes out) oh, well there�s nothin like a...a good cry to release the tension, is the crescent wrench over there

Caleb: (frowns) what the devil're you doing anyway

Sandy: lookin for Kirsten�s wedding ring

Seth walks passed on his way out the backdoor)

Seth: oh father, I�m glad to see you finally found your calling

Caleb: exactly what I said

Sandy: ah nothin like a good cr*ck about a plumber

Seth: plumber, cr*ck that�s funny (leaves)

Caleb looks over at Sandy who is on all fours with his butt sticking out. Caleb looks away)

CUT TO: The pool house - Seth knocks on the door, he waits then opens the door

Seth: Ryan buddy (sighs) (walks in) you in the latrine soldier

Seth sees a note on Ryan�s bed. the bed is made and the place is spotless. Seth picks up the note and reads it. his face drops. the next thing we see is Seth racing back into the kitchen. Caleb watches, Seth grabs the car keys)

CUT TO: Alex and Marissa�s apartment - Marissa is cleaning up all the empty beer bottles and rubbish around. there�s a knock at the door. Marissa looks at the door then slowly looks out the curtain trying to see who it is, she looks relieved and opens the door, its Summer

Marissa: hey Summer its just you, I thought you were this big fat guy (they hug) with an I heart NASCAR tattoo

Summer: ok, not asking why

Summer walks in, Marissa pokes her head out the door and looks around before shutting it)

Summer: (frowns) what is that uh earthy...musky smell, pot pouri

Marissa: oh no that�s skunked beer

Summer: well hey it must be awesome ta get away from your mom huh, be outta Caleb�s mansion

Marissa: (unconvincingly) totally...I don�t miss it at all

Summer: so I�m-I�m sure that you have like these really cool edgy plans with Alex today (Marissa listens) but I have to go to the mall for the clothing drive, battered woman�s shelter

Marissa: the mall, sounds great, let me jus grab my purse

CUT TO: The bus station - Seth slowly walks up and sees Ryan sitting on a seat, waiting. he walks over

Seth: I hope you brought alotta snacks (sits) it�s a long ride to Chicago

Ryan: forgot you were an expert (sighs)

Seth: oh dude running away, that�s...very Seth Cohen

Ryan: no I�m not (looks at Seth) I mean I am but I�m coming back...I jus thought id show up for the weekend, you know suprise her

Seth: yeah...I don�t know man I think Lindsay�s had...enough suprises, you should really try an give it some time

Ryan: how...how am I spose'ta do that

Seth: well for starters you can keep yourself distracted, now...Marissa an Summer are heading over to the mall ta pick up some clothes for charity (Ryan listens) think about what�s at the mall, there�s a movie theatre, there�s an arcade there�s a uh a CPK? featuring exotic toppings from around the world, on a seasoned herb crust an ill tell ya this much, if by tomorrow morning...you still wanna go to Chicago (Ryan looks at him) I promise you, I will drive you to the bus stop myself...an I will generate a fantastic cover story for the parents

Ryan: (considers) yeah...yeah (stands)

Seth: good, it�s settled

Ryan grabs his bag and walks away. Seth is still sitting just as a group of soldier�s walks by)

Seth: (smiles) I�m savin private Ryan (stands)

CUT TO: The mall - the g*ng pull up in the car. Seth and Summer in the front, Ryan and Marissa in the back

Marissa: ahhh home sweet home

Summer: sweet, sweet shopping

Seth: twenty four hours buddy your gonna feel like a new man

Marissa looks at Ryan, Ryan looks at Marissa. they are awkward with each other. they both get out of the car on opposite sides)

Summer: how�s our trooper

Seth: (frowns) all our works not done yet

Summer: hm (gets out)

Seth: (sees the postcard in Summers bag) hey the uh tower of Pisa that�s in Italy right

Summer: (grabs her bag) come on (frowns) Ryan an Marissa alone, that�s awkward let�s go

they are now inside the mall, in the storage room of the shop that�s donating the clothes)

Girl: so the stuff for the battered women�s shelters in those box an on this rack

Summer: huh thanks

Girl: as if those poor women�s lives weren�t hard enough (holds up a coat) someone should get a restraining order against that coat (Marissa and Ryan look at her) (goes to leave) oh we close early today so don�t take too long

Seth: ok, it looks like somebody missed the sensitivity training seminar

Summer: (nods) you guys this is gonna be so much fun though, it�s like we have a backstage pass...to the mall

Marissa: (smiles) wow

Seth: (cutesy) backstage pass to the mall Summer c'mere that�s so cute (Summer laughs and they kiss)

Marissa looks at Ryan)

Ryan: ill take pants you take sweaters

Marissa: sounds perfect

Ryan: great

we see Summer and Seth still kissing)

CUT TO: Julie�s office - Kirsten is looking at different full page photos of Julie

Kirsten: d'you think we should put your photon on the cover every month...maybe sometimes we could show Newport, you know a house (Julie turns her nose up) the beach

Julie: then what�s the incentive ta buy the magazine...I mean if people wanna see the beach they could just go there

Carter: that would just be wrong

Kirsten and Julie turn around)

Kirsten: hi Carter I-I�m Kirsten

Carter: hi (shakes Kirsten�s hand)

Kirsten: (points) this is Julie

Carter: a pleasure to meet you both

Julie: Julie Cooper-Nichol CEO of the Newport Group and founder of Newport Living

Kirsten: what Julie meant to say was that she is also pleased (smiles) to meet you (Carter nods)

Julie: look uh I don�t know you and I�m not going to lie to you, this magazine is about us

Kirsten: it- really more about her

Julie: and the people who aspire to be like us...we don�t need some outsider coming in an telling us what to do, no offence (smiles)

Carter: none taken, if its any consolation I don�t wanna be here anymore then you want me here (Julie looks at him)

Kirsten: you don�t

Julie: why not what�s wrong with here

Carter: I jus don�t think the world needs more proclamations about how...mukluks are the new uggs

Kirsten: our bars not that low

Julie: (to Kirsten) he�s right about mukluks write that down

Carter: look this can be painless, I know that you resent the publisher foisting me on your magazine...I resent being foisted (Kirsten and Julie look at him) may this be the first of many things we have in common, we'll sit down a couple'a times a week you guy'll do what you want an ill go home with my pay cheque...now, who wants a cocktail (smiles)

Kirsten looks at Julie, Julie looks at Kirsten then Carter. Kirsten looks at Carter)

CUT TO: Sandy�s home bar - Caleb and Sandy are sitting at it, drinking

Caleb: sorry about the ring Sanford

Sandy: star? (pours Caleb a drink)

Caleb: come come, never picked you for a rum man, thankyou

Sandy: thankyou, for ya help much as I resisted it...your support has ben alarmingly genuine

Caleb: well what you�re doing is a nice thing for Kiki...guess I figured making one daughter happy might take the edge off hurting the other one

Sandy: oh, I don�t know if that�s possible

Caleb: (looks at Sandy) how would you know Mr. self righteous I never hurt people I only help them

Sandy: I hurt Kirsten...

Caleb: (looks at Sandy) what'did you do

Sandy: (sighs) (shakes his head) an old relationship came back inta my life

Caleb: you had an affair

Sandy: no, but (stands) this woman Rebecca was very important to me once an havin her around took a real toll on me an my marriage, so I�m tryin'a make it up to Kirsten, hence my foray inta plumbing (laughs) (sits)

Caleb: that ring means alot to her

Sandy: well it took me a long time ta save up enough money to buy it

Caleb: memory serves you proposed using a prize from a cr*cker Jack box

Sandy: no it wasn�t from a cr*cker Jack box, I won that ring from the cliff house arcade in San Fransisco

Caleb: (laughs) an my beautiful daughter walked around for years with a hunk of plastic on her finger

Sandy laughs, remembering. Caleb and Sandy both look at each other, both with the same idea)

CUT TO: Alex and Marissa�s apartment - Alex comes home from work and the house is dark

Alex: (turns the light on) Marissa

Alex puts the food down on the table and looks around, she sees the pink washing still sitting on the lounge. she sits on the floor and dials a number on the phone)

Marissa: hey its Marissa, leave a message (beep)

Alex: hey uh house isn�t broken into so I�m assuming you haven�t ben abducted but uh...guess I�m gonna jump in the shower, call me (hangs up)

CUT TO: The mall - Seth and Summer are mucking around together. Seth puts a sweater around her neck and pulls Summer to him, Summer squeals

Summer: aah eww stop wait I feel like I�m gonna break out

Seth: awww (they kiss) break out your so cute

Ryan walks passed them carrying some bags and drops it down next to Marissa. Marissa looks at him while she�s sorting)

Marissa: hey

Ryan: hey

Marissa: ...so how are you...with Lindsay an everything

Ryan: uh honestly I�m not so good, how bout you

Marissa: um thrilled to get outta the house

Ryan: yeah, you back at your moms

Marissa: no Alex�s (Ryan looks at her) I mean...our place I guess

Seth walks passed them carrying a bag, he goes to the door and pushes the handle but it doesn�t budge, he pushes it again, then bangs against it with his side. the bang makes Marissa and Ryan look over)

Seth: you guys I think we're stuck in here

Summer: that clueless sales skank she probably did it on purpose

Marissa: well lets jus call someone

Summer: (at the door, yells) HEEELLLP!

Seth: on the phone

Ryan: yeah except there is no phone

they all pull out their cells and look, none of them have service)

Seth: eh

Summer: there�s no cell service...wait I have an idea (pulls out a bobby pin)

Seth: oh good idea (to Ryan) here you go buddy go to town

Ryan: (looks at Seth) now why would you assume I know how'ta pick a lock

Seth: (softly) I didn�t

Ryan: c'mon think?

Seth: (softly) I jus thought you'd wanna give it a try uh-hm (kneels at the door) sorta my specialty

Summer: come on

Seth sticks it in the key hole and puts his ear to the door then jiggles it around)

Summer: are you getting it

Seth: talk to me baby...talk to me

Summer: is it going

Seth: oh yeah I�m hearin somethin right (we hear a click) mm kay good news guys, I almost got it (stands) but then what happened was uh I broke it

Summer: god, this is like the episode of the Valley where Jakes goes to the bank to get his bah mitzvah money out an him an April get locked in the vault

Marissa: well how'd they get out

Seth: they didn�t, they had'ta wait till the bank opened in the morning

Summer: (sad) that�s how April got pregnant

Seth: (comforts Summer) sweetie (Summer looks down)

Ryan: alright well there�s gotta be a way out of here (looks around)

Seth: um

Summer: (sighs) (looks) you guys

Seth: what�s up

Summer: (points) what about over there

Ryan looks and he sees an air vent. the next thing we see is Ryan crawling inside said air vent, Seth is not far behind)

Seth: hey Ryan what'did I tell you isn�t this great, its like goonies meets die hard by way of mission impossible...with I think a slight hint'a national treasure thrown in

Ryan: hey about before when I told you to shut up

Seth: yeah I know I�m doing it again

Ryan: uh no no uh (sighs) thanks man, for getting me out here, err in here

Seth: yeah, not givin up

Ryan: yeah

Seth moves forward slightly and falls through. we hear a loud thud and broken glass. Ryan goes to the edge, stunned)

Seth: (calls) oh Ryan I think I found a quicker way out, unfortunately it involves broken bones an broken glass

we are now back in the room with Summer and Marissa)

Marissa: well I think this is the last of it (puts a bag down)

Summer: yess

Marissa: so you an Seth seem happy

Summer: yeah (nods/smiles) yeah you know I just...I really want it to be different this time (Marissa nods) for better for worse, I really feel connected to him

Marissa nods, we see Ryan back in the air vents and hear Summers voice)

Summer: I mean do you feel that way with Alex

we see Summer and Marissa how Ryan is seeing them. we can see Marissa�s back, and Summer sitting opposite her)

Marissa: well truthfully, I think the only person I�ve ever really felt that way with is...

Summer: yeah (nods)

Ryan is watching/listening)

Summer: I mean is it weird being here with him an me an Cohen

Marissa: (shrugs) no, its fine

Summer: good (nods) because I know your like you know inta chicks now an everything but d'you ever think about getting back together with him (Ryan listens) I mean Lindsay�s gone now...

Marissa: yeah Lindsay�s gone, and he�s heart broken

Summer: d'you miss him

Marissa: (half smiles) ...every day

Ryan is still listening, Marissa looks at Summer and shrugs. Summer smiles. Seth walks through the door)

Summer: hey (stands)

Seth: hey guys (smiles) where�s um

Ryan motions "no" to Seth)

Seth: (waves) hey Ryan

Summer: ooooh

Marissa stands up and looks at Ryan, Ryan goes to climb out. Marissa looks away)

CUT TO: Them coming out of the storage room and into the shop

Ryan: (sighs) so why is no one else here

Summer: the...stores closed

Seth: yeah, let�s find an exit an get outta here

Ryan: yeah good idea

Summer: wait-wait-wait, we�re not going anywhere

Seth: yeah I know cause we're trapped so lets you know

Summer: yes, trapped in a department store, which is my ultimate - fantasy

Marissa and Ryan look at Summer)

Ryan: mmkay an what if we get caught

Summer: we'll be stealth, come on you guys what could be cooler, go to sleep in a mall (Marissa raises her eyebrows) an wake up in a mall...come on its like being awake but still dreaming, the mall doesn�t open till what 10 am we'll be out before then we could get mc muffins

Ryan and Marissa look at Seth)

Seth: (thinks) yeah I suppose we could all use a night to forget all our troubles, by all I mean Ryan

Ryan: huh (smiles) its true (smile goes)

Summer: sooo it�s settled then

Seth: ok...what happens in the mall stays in the mall

Summer: cool

the next thing we see is a change room, the doors are closed and you can just see the legs of each one as the camera pans. the ends of the conversation over lap the start of the next)

Summer: oh sorry to wake you...at eight o'clock at night, can you tell my dad that I�m uh sleeping at Marissa�s

Marissa: hey uh sorry I missed your call I uh I jus brought some laundry over to my moms place, I was thinking I might jus spend the night...yeah so anyway, call my cell

Seth: dad, so uh Ryan an I are trapped in the mall an we're gonna spend the night here, now I know that credit card use is for emergency�s but I may have'ta shell out for a few supplies (hangs up)

Seth, Marissa and Summer all come out of the doors at the same time. Ryan is waiting for them)

Seth: its a little somethin I like ta call the truth

Ryan: (stands) so what what'do we do now

Summer: hm, I have an idea (walks over to hockey masks) uh-hm (puts one on)

Ryan: your gonna k*ll us all with a chainsaw

Summer: (takes it off) no, highest score gets the bed in the ethan allen? show room, lowest score takes the tent

Seth: we're playin sports

the next thing we see is a close up of Ryan all geared up, he puts his hockey mask down over his face. then Marissa puts hers down. then Seth puts his down and finally Summer puts hers down. then Ryan holds out a hockey stick, Summer skates passed and grabs one, then Marissa does the same and finally Seth. ok this next bit is them all talking over each other while they play so ill do the best I can to get it all)

Summer: alright

Seth: come on

Summer: oh what the hell is there?

Marissa: hey Summer stop him

Summer: go go

Marissa: Seth quit cheating

Ryan scores a goal and Seth looks down between his legs where it just rolled through)

Summer: yes

Marissa: what, hey that�s not fair

Summer: (lifts her mask and yells) come on, off side!

Ryan: what that wasn�t off side

Marissa: Summer ? block him

Summer scores)

Summer: yes

Ryan: ooooh

Seth and Summer high five each other and Seth falls over)

Seth: whoa

Summer: Cohen,� come on come on get up get up (helps Seth up) up-up-up-up-up, don�t be a baby

Seth: get it girls get it, get it

the ball ends up bouncing down the escalators, Marissa and Summer follow after it. as they roll off the bottom of the escalator the security camera gets activated, and follows them)

Summer: oh my god (lifts her mask) hey look it�s the new body shimmer (Marissa lifts her mask and looks) hm shimmery

up above them Ryan and Seth are looking over the edge)

Seth: you guys (Marissa and Summer look up) enough'a the sports lets eat

Summer: mm (puts her mask down)

Marissa puts her mask down and they skate off. the security camera follows)
CUT TO: A restaurant - Julie, Kirsten and Carter walk in. Carter pulls out Kirsten�s chair for her at the table. they all sit down then we see the guy from earlier, Lance, sitting at the bar. he looks over at Julie and Julie looks back, stunned

Julie: I...I think ill go to the bar

Kirsten: great, ill have a pina gracio?

Julie: (walks to the bar) no thankyou (to Lance) what the hell are you doing here Lance

Lance: aww that�s no way to greet your first love

Julie: you weren�t my first love just my first

Lance: they say a girl never forgets

Julie: yeah well maybe she had so much southern comfort she never remembered in the first place

Lance: well maybe we should try a re enactment

Lance leans over and touches Julie, Julie pulls away then looks to make sure Kirsten or Carter hadn�t seen)

��

Julie: I know you, ok so cut to the chase you wouldn�t be here if you didn�t want something

Lance: actually...I have something for you

Julie: yeah, last time you gave me something I drank cranberry juice for a week

Lance slides a brown paper bag to Julie)

Julie: (glares) what'did I ever do to you

Lance: oh I�ve ben watchin you rise baby...married to the richest man in town, living in the biggest house

Julie: (scoffs) you want money

Lance: take a look...tell me how much it�s worth to you

Julie: ...I have two daughters now

Lance: I know...an aren�t they worth protecting

Julie takes the bag and walks back over to Kirsten and Carter)

Julie: uh guys I�m-I�m suddenly...not feeling so well um food poisoning or (smiles) something

Kirsten: (confused) we haven�t eaten

Julie leaves)

CUT TO: The mall - Summer is at the tent

Summer: (calls) Cohen...Cohen!

Seth walks over)

Seth: I was foraging here (throws Summer a packet)

Summer: what is it (reads) chicken flavoured soy malt, it�s kosher

Seth: it�s only thirty six hundred calories

Seth puts something in the canoe and Summers bag falls out. he sees the postcard again when he puts it back)

Seth: hey Summer

Summer: what

Seth: could you maybe go grab another uhhh paper mache log for the faux fire...that way we can make fake smores (rubs his hands together and grins)

Summer: (thinks) yeah sure (walks off)

Seth looks to make sure Summer is gone then goes to grab the postcard, he grabs his wrist with his other hand, stopping himself. he claps his hands together and then looks again)

Seth: but I want to (goes to again) dude don�t do it...don�t do it...do- ok

Seth bends down and picks up the postcard and starts to read it. he scans with his eyes and frowns. Summer comes back)

Summer: hey I can�t fi-

Seth quickly turns around and holds the postcard behind his back {busted,lol})

Summer: Cohen, what're you doing

CUT TO: Caleb�s mansion - On the TV we see a young Julie open the door to a pizza guy

Pizza guy: hey I got a pizza for uh...you (grins) didn�t we have sex

Y Julie: no, I�m a virgin, at least I think I am

young Julie walks away with the pizza and the pizza boy checks her out - we then see Julie with a remote control in her hand, and the video cover THE p*rn IDENTITY is sitting on the table near her. Julie watches more)

Y Julie: why don�t you stay for a slice, are you hungry

Pizza guy: starving...you really dont remember me

Y Julie: no (points to her head) I have amnesia, I don�t remember anything

(the pizza guy smiles and kisses her - Alex walks in)

Julie: (sees Alex) oh my god (turns off the tape)

Alex: (looking down) its cool, little p*rn on a Saturday night my lips are sealed

Julie: what're you doing here

Alex: looking for Marissa she left a message that she was here

Julie: well she�s not (Alex goes to leave) I guess I�m not the only one she lies to huh (Alex looks at her) I know my daughter, I only let her go with you because I knew it was a matter of time before she came back (Alex looks away) as much as Marissa likes to complain she had a very nice life thanks to me...one she'll miss once the novelty wears off...which I�m guessing is about now

Alex: (looks at Julie) ...Marissa...Marissa's not happy

Julie: Marissa an happy parted ways about her sixteenth birthday but have you met her new friends sullen an vindictive

Alex: no, the only ones she�s brought over to the house are scared...an overwhelmed

Julie: ...Alex...an...I�m not saying this to be mean, because you...actually seem like a nice enough girl an...I like your pants (Alex closes her eyes) but (sighs) you are this weeks yard guy (Alex looks at her) Marissa�s latest drama, w*apon of t*rture to inflict against me

Alex: (shakes her head) (softly) you don�t know that

Julie: yeah, honey, I do (nods) Marissa�s only ben in love once an...he looked a whole lot different in a wife beater

Alex closes her eyes)

CUT TO: The mall - Marissa and Ryan meet up on the stairs

Marissa: hey

Ryan: hey

Marissa: what'd you find

Ryan: uh gift basket (holds up a huge basket) crackers, brie, raspberry preserves

Marissa: nice...oh candy counter, macaroons licorice bits (Ryan nods)

we now are back with Seth and Summer at the tent)

Seth: why are you so mad

Summer: (walking away from Seth) why we're you looking in my purse

Seth: (following) why are you getting postcards from Zach

Summer: because um when I talked ta him I told him to send me a postcard

Seth: you talked to him

Summer: yes (turns around to face Seth) what am I gonna ditch him at the airport an then not take his calls, look Cohen he�s my friend, he�s your friend too

Seth: yeah and friends let friends read postcards so why can�t I jus see it

Summer: why...can�t you jus trust me that it doesn�t say anything

Seth: because I know it says somethings hot, I saw what he wrote, d'you remember how hot it was, an the rest was covered up by a stamp

Summer: ugh

Marissa and Ryan come over)

Marissa: hey we brought macaroons (smiles)

Ryan: spray cheese

Summer: oooh, who's hungry

Seth looks worried)

CUT TO: An arcade - Sandy is playing the claw game and Caleb is watching him

Caleb: the big yellow one there (points)

Sandy: relax, relax your talkin to a master here (the claw goes down and picks up a blue egg) its all in the wrist

Sandy looks excited and the claw drops the blue egg into the chute, Sandy pulls the egg out and opens it up)

Caleb: blast, another key chain

Sandy puts the keychain with a whole stack of them on the machine)

Sandy: (disappointed) I really wanted'ta win this for Kirsten...prove to her

Caleb: prove to her what

Sandy: that she�s the love'a my life, that I cherish her above all others

Caleb: you don�t need a crappy piece'a plastic to do that, just tell her

Sandy: yeah

they both start walking away, Sandy looks back at the machine)

Caleb: but you really want that ring don�t you

Sandy: more then anything

Caleb: ill get more quarters

Sandy: more quarters (stands in front of the machine again)

CUT TO: The mall - Marissa and Ryan are at the tent now

Marissa: we're really roughing it huh

Marissa: (sits outside the tent) all alone, in the wilderness

Ryan turns the camping light on, Marissa looks at him then when he looks at her she looks away)

Ryan: (stands) maybe we should find Seth an Summer, watch a movie, we do have like five hundred TV screens all to ourselves

Marissa: yeah that sounds good but...

Ryan: right probably want their privacy

Marissa: (nods) well what happens at the mall stays at the mall (looks at Ryan)

Marissa�s phone rings)

Marissa: I should uh

Marissa: (walks away and answers) hey...oh yeah I didn�t end up going to my moms...well I ran inta Summer (Ryan listens) I think I�m jus gonna hang at her place...ill see you in the morning, ok bye (hangs up and walks back)

Ryan: Alex

Marissa: yeah...oh its not that she�s the jealous type

Ryan: right I mean why would she be jealous

Marissa: exactly (shrugs) she'd jus be bummed to be missing

Ryan: aaaallll this (smiles) (Marissa smiles)

Marissa sits back down)

Ryan: tired

Marissa: exhausted

Ryan: go for it ill camp out here, keep an eye out for bears an mall cops

Marissa: no you take it

Ryan: (smiles) no offence but your not really the roughing it type

Marissa: it�s big enough for two, it says it sleeps four

Marissa goes inside and Ryan follows - elsewhere we see somebody bend down and pick up the ball they were playing hockey with. a man in a suit and security guard look at each other then at the escalators)

CUT TO: Summer and Seth at the bed - they both look unhappy

Seth: I�m not mad at you anymore

Summer: well I�m mad at you

Seth: fine, then I am mad at you, I don�t get it why cant you jus tell me what happened with you an Zach that was so hot

Summer: (hears something) shhh

Seth: what, don't-don't shoosh me listen

Summer: (covers Seth�s mouth) shhh (whispers) company

we hear a guy talking on a radio, and see light coming from the escalator - Seth makes his cute little hand signals to Summer. he taps his hands together then makes a circle with his finger then makes circles around his eyes with his thumb and forefingers)

Summer: what

Seth: that means 2 ? jus go

Summer: get out

they both run off - then we see inside the tent, Ryan and Marissa are both lying down)

Marissa: can�t believe Seth an Summer, back together

Ryan: finally, an now we don�t have'ta hear about it

Marissa: oh yeah, I�m sure we'll still be hearing about it (looks at Ryan)

Ryan: yeah (sighs) there probably fighting right now

Marissa: (smiles/laughs) (sits up on her elbow) you remember last year when she went over to his house for thanks giving

Ryan: (frowns) yeah an Anna was over there (sits up on his elbow)

Marissa: she was so pissed

Ryan: yeah I wish we could'a ben there to see it (looks down then looks at Marissa)

Marissa: (frowns) yeah, to bad we were busy driving stolen cars around Chino

Ryan: oooh, well (sighs) yeah that�s my brother Trey

Marissa: yeah, even though we were almost k*lled it was

Ryan: kinda fun

Marissa: (softly) yeah

Ryan and Marissa look at each other. Seth pokes his head in)

Seth: we need to go right now (quickly goes out)

CUT TO: The restaurant - Carter and Kirsten are still there together

Kirsten: (almost laughing) so your gonna spend the next six months devoted to Julie Coopers vanity project (Carter nods) I...uh what happened to the ugly American, that was the hottest travel magazine

Carter: yeah well it�s a long story, actually it�s a short story about a long bender, I was in the middle of a divorce at the time

Kirsten: oh I�m sorry

Carter: mm why is it whenever I say I�m divorced people act like somebody�s jus d*ed (Kirsten�s smiles) you ever ben married

Kirsten: I am married

Carter: you�re not wearing a ring

Kirsten: I-I lost it...I-I mean I-I t- I took it off an I-I can�t find it

Carter: that�s a strong statement, taking off your wedding ring

Kirsten: I was potting geraniums

Carter: (nods) the night...I realised my wife didn�t love me anymore I-I found her ring by the kitchen sink, she said she'd ben uh...scrubbing a casserole dish

Kirsten: those casseroles can be a bitch

Carter: so could my ex

they both look at each other)

Carter: you know I don�t think we've said two words about the magazine since Julie...Cooper-Nichol left the building...I don�t think we've uh accomplished our goals for the day

Kirsten: (smiles) well I thought your goal was getting paid for doing nothing

Carter: well lets jus say I�m finding Newport Living...alot more interesting then I thought it would be (Kirsten nods)

CUT TO: The mall - we see the security guard walking up to the tent with a flash light, and we can hear The Valley, but the guard of course doesn�t know it�s the valley

Guard: (draws his g*n) we got em

we see the tent with 4 shadows inside which look like humans. the guard walks closer to the tent and opens it up, inside we see 4 clothing dummies wearing the hockey gear from earlier, then the camera shows a close up of the Valley season 1 DVD cover. an alarm sounds and the guard and the guy in the suit turn around. we then see Ryan, Seth, Marissa and Summer bolting in the parking lot to the car. Seth gives Ryan the keys and they all quickly get in, laughing. this time Ryan and Marissa are in the front with Seth and Summer together in the back. Ryan starts the car and reverses up quickly, the tyre screeches)

Seth: that was awesome

Summer: dude its cold trickle time out lets floor it man

Marissa: hey, anyone hungry

Seth: um I�m sure Summer would like Italian

Summer: god give it up Cohen

Seth: ok I will stop with the teasing when you confess

Summer: ok (punches Seth in the arm repeatedly) an ill stop punching you when you shut - up

Seth grabs Summers hand to stop her hitting him anymore. Marissa looks at Ryan)

Seth: yes

Summer: ow

Ryan: I�m thinkin cheeseburgers

Marissa: an chili fries, perfect (smiles) (Ryan smiles)

Seth: come on

CUT TO: Caleb�s mansion - the phone rings and Julie answers it

Julie: hello

Lance is in his car, talking on the phone)

Lance: enjoy the show

Julie: ill write you a cheque for fifty thousand dollars right now

Lance: fifty g's, you spend that much to keep your pool clean...I was thinkin more like five hundred thousand

Julie: (shocked) are you crazy

Lance: I could make more then that sellin that tape on the internet

Julie: I cannot get that kind of money

Lance: I think you can

Julie: without my husband knowing, what am I spose'ta tell him

Lance: tell him the truth, that your mom was sick an your sister was pregnant an you realised your tips in waitressing weren�t gonna pay the rent that month...or...make something up (hangs up)

Julie hangs up the phone, stunned)

CUT TO: Ryan pulling up at the diner

Seth: but why cant i

Summer: because it�s not a big deal

Seth: well if it�s not a big deal

Summer: enough!...what'does it matter Cohen

Seth: it matters to me

Ryan: alright we'll be inside

Marissa: you guys coming

Summer: no I think uh we need'a stay here so I don�t strangle him in public

Marissa: ok, we'll save room in the booth

Ryan and Marissa get out)

Seth: (sighs) how is it that Ryan an Marissa are now the functional couple

Summer: oh my god, ok we cannot be more annoying then Ryan an Marissa...we're monsters

Seth: I like monsters but not us

Summer: do we not work as a couple anymore...are we all set up an no pay off

Seth: all preparation no age

Summer: (thinks) ok pinkie swear (holds out her pinkie) if I tell you what�s on the postcard we stop bickering

Seth: about the postcard (Summer looks at him) ok (puts his pinkie on hers) pinkie swear

Summer kisses her hand, then Seth kisses his! {sooo cute!})

Summer: (gets the postcard) uh-hm ok, look here, right under the stamp what�s so hot, is the weather

Seth: ahhh

Seth: yeah right there

Summer: yeah and uh if you look down here the sign off well no I love you not even an I miss you but um-

Seth: (points) say hi to Seth

Seth: that�s from Zach (smiles)

Summer: (puts the postcard away) yeah (bites her lip)

Summer and Seth look at each other)

Seth: (softly) fine

Summer: c'mere (they kiss) well I definitely think we work as a couple

CUT TO: Cohen bedroom - Sandy is on the bed reading, the clock next to him says 11:21, Sandy looks over and Kirsten walks in

Kirsten: sorry I-I didn�t think I was gonna be so late

Sandy: (shuts his book) I didn�t find your ring

Kirsten: oh you were looking for my ring

Sandy: me an your father, we made a day of it...he was upset about Lindsay an I was upset about uh (laughs) I was just upset

Kirsten: well we'll find our groove (smiles) an my ring

Sandy: in the mean time (gets up) we're gonna have'ta do the dishes an things in the bathroom sink because I...I lost the bolt you know that keeps the pipe an the...the thing together (he�s standing opposite Kirsten now) but just know this

Sandy pulls out an egg and opens it, Kirsten looks at it suprised. Sandy smiles and puts the ring on her finger. Kirsten looks at Sandy, Sandy looks at her)

Sandy: I love you (Kirsten looks at him with an aww expression) an I�m so sorry I did anything to make you doubt it

Kirsten hugs Sandy)

FADE TO: Julie by herself, thinking about the tape

FADE TO: Alex lying on the couch asleep by herself. the pink clothes are folded neatly and the mess has gone

FADE TO: Cohen bedroom - we can hear the shower going, Kirsten takes off her robe and looks towards the bathroom. she walks around the bed and puts the plastic ring down on the table. she opens the drawer and lifts up the cover of a book, 3 rings are sitting there, she picks them all up and puts them back on her wedding ring finger. she closes her eyes and smiles

CUT TO: The diner - Ryan and Marissa are sitting together eating

Marissa: (smiles) you know...it�s funny...or not funny really but...we've ben apart longer then we were together

Ryan: (looks at Marissa) it has ben a while

Marissa: yeah, alots happened

Ryan: (nods) guess you could say we're kinda like strangers (smiles)

Marissa: (smiles) (looks at Ryan) yeah, so who are you

Ryan: (with a fry hanging out of his mouth) (looks at Marissa) whoever you want me to be

�{for those die hard fans, this is similar to the scene in the pilot episode when Ryan and Marissa first meet on the Cohen�s driveway awwww}

Marissa laughs and throws a fry at him. we then see them from outside, the camera pans and we see Seth and Summer standing together watching them through the window. Seth has his arm around her and she has her head on his chest)

Seth: ah look at that my little Summer, it seems like the fantastic four is becoming fantastic again (kisses Summers head)

the camera goes back to the window and we see Seth and Summer go inside and sit with Ryan and Marissa) - Fade out