03x25 - The Graduates

All episode transcripts for the TV show "The O.C.". Aired August 2003 - April 2007.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

03x25 - The Graduates

Post by bunniefuu »

COHEN HOUSE

SETH: Hi, man.

RYAN: So, how'd it go?

SANDY: He denied everything. Stopped by the office, picked up the drawing and left.

KIRSTEN: Well, that's a good thing, except you don't believe him.

SETH: I didn't know what to say. It was an accident, I swear.

RYAN: All right, so tell your dad.

SANDY: Ordinarily, of course, I'd believe him, you know that, but in light of these revelations about his recent behavior, I don't know. I think he's hiding something.

SETH: Dad, remember when I called you the worst father ever? Right after that, I swung by your place of work, I smoked a joint, I forgot to put it out, and now your office fits into an ashtray.

SANDY: The security camera in the garage has him as the last person to leave.

KIRSTEN: But if he's telling the truth and you accuse him of lying...

SANDY: Well, clearly I've disappointed him enough already. I don't need to give him any more a*mo.

SETH: Well, this is shaping up to be a hell of a graduation. I can't do hard time, Ryan.

RYAN: Well, lying to Sandy Cohen, what's harder than that?

SETH: I'm going to go to the car and get my iPod, listen to sad, depressing music for a change.

RYAN: Which car?

SETH: My mom's.

RYAN: You know what, actually, I'll get it.

SETH: It's okay. It's just in the garage.

RYAN: Uh, no, it's not. I, uh, I parked on the street. I've been meaning to move it. I'll get it.

STREET

KEVIN: Yo, yo, yo, yo, yo, yo.

RYAN: What are you doing here, man?

KEVIN: Look, I just bailed out of the car and ran.

RYAN: Yeah, what about the cops?

KEVIN: I think they got a good look at me. I-I can't go home. I've got to get out of town.

RYAN: Yeah, well, have a nice trip.

KEVIN: I need your help! I need your help, man. Okay?

RYAN: I'm not gonna help you. I'm done helping you.

KEVIN: I need some money.

RYAN: I got graduation. My family's coming in tomorrow.

KEVIN: You don't get it, do you? If I go down, you are going down with me. You know, and not on some as*ault charge, man. That was a $120,000 car we stole.

RYAN: You stole.

KEVIN: Yeah. Tell it to the cops.

GENERIC

HARBOR

SUMMER: Or your mom, when she gets here. I'm sure she'll be real proud. I can't believe in a couple of hours we're going to be on that stage in our cap and gowns.

TAYLOR: Well, except for Seth, who may be in an orange jumpsuit.

SUMMER: Taylor!

TAYLOR: Sorry, Summer. I'm just really nervous about my valedictorian speech.

SUMMER: Well, look, it's not like Cohen got charged with anything. He didn't burn the entire building down. He just damaged a couple of offices.

MARISSA: You know, it sounds like you're talking about Ryan.

TAYLOR: Sounds like the smoldering passion we unleashed in Seth needed an outlet.

SUMMER: Think again, Taylor. I don't think Cohen's the one that needs to get laid.

TAYLOR: Au contraire, Summer. Have I told you about my after, after prom party with Sung Ho and Yung Nam? It was hot and spicy and let's just say I had my very own Korean barbecue. Bibimbap.

MARISSA: Wow.

SUMMER: I'm so off kimchi.

JULIE: Marissa.

MARISSA: Hey, Mom. Isn't it a bit early to be saving seats?

JULIE: I brought you something. It's from Dad. A gift, maybe. Clearly he wanted you to have it for graduation. I just thought you might want it right away.

MARISSA: Yeah. Yeah, thanks.

JULIE: Okay. I'll see you in a bit. Bye, girls.

SUMMER: Bye.

TAYLOR: Bye.

SUMMER: That was nice of him to think of you.

MARISSA: Yeah. I'm gonna...

COHEN HOUSE

KIRSTEN: Dawn.

DAWN: Kirsten.

KIRSTEN: Come on in.

DAWN: Oh, thank you. Thanks. Wow, seems like forever since I was last here.

KIRSTEN: Give me your bags.

DAWN: Of course, maybe I was just too drunk to remember. Kidding. I'm doing good.

KIRSTEN: It seems that way.

RYAN: Hey, Mom.

DAWN: Graduate.

RYAN: How are you doing? I'm glad you could make it.

ROBERTS HOUSE

KAITLIN: Gracias, Mima.

NEIL: Well, Kaitlin. Hello.

KAITLIN: Dr. Roberts.

NEIL: We weren't expecting you.

KAITLIN: Well, you know, since my grades went from B's to A's, I was actually wondering if you could change my A's to B's.

NEIL: Yes, well, Kaitlin, I think that augmentation is something to be discussed with your mother-- when you're older.

KAITLIN: Dude, I'm totally kidding.

KAITLIN: I just love graduations. I thought I might stop by.

JULIE: Kaitlin? Sweetie, hi.

KAITLIN: Hi.

JULIE: Is everything okay?

KAITLIN: Totally. I figured it was a safe bet, you know, Dad wouldn't come here.So I thought maybe you'd have an extra seat.

JULIE: Yeah, great, okay.

KAITLIN: All right, well, I'm just going to go to the hot tub, because I am so stressed out, finals, you know.

JULIE: Okay.

NEIL: That's very nice of her to come home to support her sister.

JULIE: Yeah. Really nice.

COHEN HOUSE

SETH: Father.

SANDY: Son.

SETH: Uh... I just wanted to make sure you had the camera charged for graduation.

SANDY: I do. Although, you're going to have to explain to your nana the whole Ofoto concept. She's not so good with the Internet.

SETH: Sure. And when they announce my name, uh, could you... not do that cheer you did for me when I won Capture The Flag at Parents' Weekend? Which cheer was that?

SANDY: Oh. Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa. Check out my boy, Cohen. Can you believe how he's growin'? The competition away he's blowin'...

SETH: That's the one. Please, don't do that. Ever.

SANDY: Despite everything, we're still very proud of you.

SETH: Yeah. Damn it. Why does Sandy Cohen have to be the best father ever?

SANDY: This is too hard.

SETH: Um, Dad, I smoked a joint. I forgot to put it out. That's what started the fire.

SANDY: Well, I appreciate you coming clean. But what I can't forgive is... is all the lying.

SETH: Yeah, I know.

SANDY: You smoked dope, you didn't tell me the truth about Brown, and that you couldn't come to me.

SETH: I was embarrassed.

SANDY: What? We're your parents. You know, we specialize in embarrassing you.

SETH: Yeah, I know. But I felt like I couldn't really talk to you, though. I tried to, a couple of times, but you're always so busy with work and I was afraid of upsetting Mom.

SANDY: I understand that, and I'm sorry. Well, we both screwed up.

SETH: We're both usually so awesome.

SANDY: Well, this is still very serious, isn't it? A couple hundred of thousands of dollars worth of damage, and there's a few offices that have to be rebuilt, and I still need to speak to the police.

SETH: Yeah, yeah, I figured.

SANDY: But you know what? I don't want any of that standing in the way today. Because your mother and I have been looking forward to this moment for... forever.

SETH: No cheer?

SANDY: No cheer. How about a hug?

SETH: Sure. Thanks, Dad.

SANDY: I love you, kid.

SETH: I can't say "I love you" to another man. But I have much affection for you, as well.

HARBOR

SUMMER: Hey.

MARISSA: Hey.

SUMMER: Everything okay?

MARISSA: Can you sit?

SUMMER: Okay. Well, how's your dad?

MARISSA: Really good, actually. He's not getting b*at up by anyone right now, and he's not in charge of anyone's money, so...

SUMMER: That's good.

MARISSA: He's actually sailing really, really nice boats for rich people.

SUMMER: Sounds like fun.

MARISSA: I know, that's what I thought.

SUMMER: Oh, you want to, like, rent a yacht? We totally should.

MARISSA: More like work on one. See, my dad is captain of this yacht that's sailing to the Greek Islands, and he says they need extra crew members. So he asked me if I wanted to go.

SUMMER: You don't know how to sail boats.

MARISSA: This would be more like, you know, peeling potatoes, washing dishes.

SUMMER: Oh, yes, much more in your area of expertise.

MARISSA: Yeah, but it's just for a year.

SUMMER: What about college?

MARISSA: What about college? I'm not meant for college. Not now, anyway. You guys are all leaving, I'm going to be stuck here alone. I need a new life. I need a change.

SUMMER: Well, scrubbing decks would definitely be a change.

MARISSA: Then it's kind of the perfect graduation present. And you know, this way, I can hang out with my dad. He seems to have turned it around.

SUMMER: When would you leave?

MARISSA: Well... that's the only thing. The boat is supposed to leave Hawaii middle of the week, so I'd have to fly out tomorrow night. My dad also kind of included the plane ticket.

SUMMER: If you promise to sail up to Rhode Island, I'm in. I love you.

MARISSA: Love you, too.

PICK-UP

HEATHER: Wherever you're going, hopefully, they have a Laundromat.

KEVIN: What about the cops?

HEATHER: I didn't see them. Maybe you're just being paranoid.

KEVIN: No... I just, I got to get out of here, you know? I'm just waiting for some cash.

HEATHER: You could make that money in no time. If you want to go, go. Unless it's not money you're waiting for.

KEVIN: Get in; let's go.

HEATHER: You're still thinking about Marissa, aren't you? I mean, you cheated on her, and now you can't stop thinking about her.

KEVIN: I asked you for clothes, okay? Not opinions.

HEATHER: God, you chicks and your opinions, man. So this girl's the best thing that's ever happened to you. You freaked out, ruined it, and now you regret it. You know, you can walk.

KEVIN: And now what?

HEATHER: You think that you're gonna convince her to go to Mexico?

HARBOR

SETH: This is it, dude. Never going to have to step foot in this stupid school or this stupid student lounge again.

RYAN: Nostalgic already, huh?

SETH: Never going to have to see any of these shoe-peeing, shallow, water polo playing...

BOY: Get out of my way, geek. What is that, a dress?

SETH: It's a graduation gown; you're wearing one, too.

BOY: q*eer admitted to wearing a gown.

SUMMER: Hey. You guys look so cute. Is everything okay at home?

SETH: Sandy Cohen and I got a little man-boy love going.

MARISSA: Hey.

RYAN: Hey.

KIM: Graduates, let's step outside for the processional.

MARISSA: Ryan, can I talk to you for a sec?

RYAN: Sure, yeah.

_____

MARISSA: So what do you think? You think it's the stupidest idea ever, right?

RYAN: No, I, uh, it sounds great. It's what you need.

MARISSA: That means a lot to me. You know, who would have thought you'd be going to college?

RYAN: And you'd be doing manual labor. Well, everyone's doing exactly what they need to.

MARISSA: Yeah.

RYAN: Hey, um, this is going to sound weird, but can I drive you to the airport? I mean, you were the first person I met here. I'd kind of like to be the last person to say good-bye.

MARISSA: You know, it's funny. I was going to ask you the same thing.

_____

RYAN: Hey. Let's go graduate. Come on, come on!

_____

TAYLOR: They say there's no one older than a high school senior, but no one younger than a college freshman. Well, I guess now we'll find out as we begin our journey.

KIM: Daniel Aaron. Ryan Atwood.

TAYLOR: But as Cicero said... "I hope the memory of our friendship will be everlasting."

KIM: Seth Cohen.

SANDY: All right, Sethie!

KIM: Marissa Cooper.

SUMMER: Yeah!

TAYLOR: And just because we're leaving Harbor, does not mean that our learning is done. "We must learn as long as we may live."

KIM: Alex Pittabis. Summer Roberts.

TAYLOR: But if I could leave you all with one final word of advice... "Don't let the bastards get you down." Thank you.

SANDY: Hey, come on back in. Come on, let's get together.

KIM: And it has been my pleasure to teach you, to watch you grow, and now enter the world Good luck. It is my honor to present to you the Harbor School Class of 2006.

RESTAURANT

SANDY: There's no such thing as a little r*cist. Excuse me, forgive me, but I'm a very proud father, and I, I want to say a few words. I think I can speak for Kirsten and the other parents here tonight when I tell you kids how thrilled we are to share this wonderful touchstone with you. I know the last few years have been... There's been tragedy and comedy and first loves and broken hearts and family members lost and found. It hasn't all been perfect, but we're all family here. So, cheers.

EVERYONE: Cheers.

SETH: Hey, the speech wasn't that moving.

SUMMER: No, it's just so sad, you know. I mean, it's all over. No more Harbor. Atwood's going to Berkeley, Marissa's sailing around the world. I'm going to Rhode Island.

SETH: Well, I'll be there, too.

SUMMER: We don't know that yet. We haven't heard from RISD.

SETH: Whatever happens, you know, we'll make it work.

SUMMER: We will?

SETH: Yeah, of course.

SUMMER: Sweet.

SETH: Are you going to do this all summer?

_____

MARISSA: Hey. Um, can I talk to you?

JULIE: Yes, of course. Oh! I have to give you your graduation gift. Honey, what's wrong?

MARISSA: I kind of have some big news.

JULIE:Sweetie, I know.

MARISSA: You know?

JULIE: Your father called me last week, ran the idea by me, wanted to know what I thought.

MARISSA: And what do you think?

JULIE: I think that I will miss you terribly and that if you really want to leave, I need to let you go.

KAITLIN: I knew about it, too.

MARISSA: You did?

JULIE: You did?

KAITLIN: Mm-hmm. Dad, he called me. Threw the idea by me, asked my opinion and also told me that you might need another daughter to worry about. So that's why I decided to come home... for good.

JULIE: Oh, my God. Cooper family hug, come on. Mom. Come on.

KAITLIN: Okay.

JULIE: Oh, your gift, here. Don't know how much good it'll be on a boat.

MARISSA: Oh, Mom, it's beautiful.

JULIE: Maybe you'll get att*cked by pirates. You can barter it.

PARKING

RYAN: So where are we going, huh?

DAWN: Just trust me.

RYAN: I trust you, but... What? You got me a car? You got me a car? You got me a car?!

DAWN: Do you like it?

RYAN: I love it... I love it. Are you kidding? How did you...

DAWN: Oh, I've been saving up for a little while, and Ron, um, my boyfriend, he knows this guy who restores old cars, and so that helped pay for a lot of the parts. I got the bow.

RYAN: Car and bow-- amazing. I-I don't know what to say.

DAWN: Come here. You want to drive me home in your new ride?

RYAN: Sure. Yeah.

DAWN: Okay, I'll get my purse.

RYAN: Okay.

RESTAURANT

SUMMER: And... Here.

TAYLOR: Hi, guys.

SUMMER: Hey.

TAYLOR: So I just stopped by to say farewell.

SUMMER: You're leaving for the Sorbonne already?

TAYLOR: Oh, no, not quite. Sung Ho and I decided to spend the summer in his family's village. We're defusing land mines in the DMZ.

SETH: That's the way to spend your summer vacation.

SIMMER: But what about the after grad party when you already planned it?

TAYLOR: As a gift to the Class of 2006. So my work here is done. It has been a pleasure being second-circle corps.

SETH: I think you can join the inner circle.

TAYLOR: I can? Oh, my God. The Fab Five!

SUMMER: I'm so happy and so sad.

TAYLOR: I know, me, too!

SETH: This is awkward. I was sort of kidding about that inner circle thing.

____
MARISSA: Hello?

KEVIN: Hey, it's me.

MARISSA: Why are you calling me?

KEVIN: Look, I'm really sorry, okay? And I want to make it up to you. So I got a plan.

MARISSA: Oh, yeah? Well, I've got a plan, too. It's called never seeing you again.

KEVIN: Look, if I don't get a chance to see you, then I'm gonna make life real bad for your friend Ryan.

MARISSA: Don't thr*aten me... or Ryan.

KEVIN: No, no, no, it's not a thr*at.

KEVIN: Ask him about the car that we stole.

RYAN'S CAR

SUMMER: This is cool.

RYAN: Yeah, yeah, it's a gift from my mom.

MARISSA: Oh, yeah? So it's not the one you stole? Volchok called me.

RYAN: Look, the whole thing is...

MARISSA: Complicated? What does he want? Money to get out of town. And do you have this money?

RYAN: Not yet, but...

MARISSA: Then let me help you.

RYAN: No, it's all right, I got it.

MARISSA: Ryan, I brought Volchok on us. It's only fair I help get rid of him. Come on, we're in this together, okay? One last time.

RYAN: One last time.

COHEN HOUSE

DAWN: Thanks so much. I mean it.

KIRSTEN: You're welcome.

DAWN: For everything.

SANDY: Here, here, here, for the cab.

DAWN: Oh, God, no.

SANDY: Oh, come on.

DAWN: No, I got it.

SANDY: All right.

DAWN: Thank you.

SANDY: Thank you.

SANDY: Good to see you.

RYAN: My turn.

DAWN: Okay?

DAWN: I'm gonna try and say good-bye without losing it.

RYAN: Why don't we just not say good-bye? How about, see you soon?

DAWN: See you soon.

RYAN: See you soon?

DAWN: See you soon, babe.

RYAN: All right.

DAWN: I love you.

RYAN: I love you, too.

DAWN: Hey, Seth. Good to see you again.

SETH: Good to see you, too. It means a lot that you made it down. I was being sincere.

DAWN: Okay, so...

RYAN: And thanks again for the car.

DAWN: You bet.

SETH: Ryan got a car? Really? I been waiting three years for a car. I'm supposed to be the spoiled one.

DAWN: See you, kid.

RYAN: All right. Bye.

MARISSA'S ROOM

JULIE: Hey, Marissa, easy on the bass. Oh. Kaitlin. What are you doing? Where's your sister?

KAITLIN: Oh, Marissa went to go rendez-vous with Ryan.

JULIE: And you thought you'd do some renovations for her?

KAITLIN: Well, yeah, she said I could have her room.

JULIE: And there's some paint chips in the kitchen if you want to go look. Oh, is this going to be a permanent fixture?

KAITLIN: Well, I worked really hard on that. It seems like you and Marissa are on good terms now.

JULIE: Yeah, figures.

KAITLIN: Just as she's about to set sail. It's pretty cool that you're letting her go.

JULIE: It's pretty cool that you came back so she can leave.

KAITLIN: Well, I don't love Marissa that much. It's just, all the older kids, they just see me as Marissa's little sister, and they've graduated. And now I can rule Harbor.

RYAN'S CAR

MARISSA: Hey. Your mom left, huh? It went well?

RYAN: Yeah, really well.

MARISSA: Well, now we get this out of the way, we'll have nothing left to worry about.

RYAN: Mm, nah, I won't know what to do with myself.

MARISSA: Oh, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

RYAN: You sure your mom's not going to be too offended?

MARISSA: Well, I feel bad, but she did say I could use it to barter with pirates. This seems to fit the bill.

RYAN: Yeah, definitely.

MARISSA: So I'll navigate us to the pawn shop.

RYAN: No, I'll go. Just give me the directions.

MARISSA: Hey, I thought we decided I was coming along. I'm going to handle this myself.

RYAN: Okay, if you come, you're staying in the car.

MARISSA: Aww, you know what?

RYAN: What?

MARISSA: I'm really going to miss you bossing me around.

RYAN: You'll get used to it.

MARISSA: Nope, nope.

RYAN: Yes, you will.

MARISSA: For the rest of my life, I'm just gonna be sad about it.

SANDY'S EX-OFFICE

JASON: Hey, uh...

SANDY: Oh, excuse me. I'm sorry.

JASON: Look, if you came to haggle me on the Ramirez plea, forget about it. I'm up to my ass in unhappy ADAs.

SANDY: No, no, I'm just passing through.

JASON: What, did you come to admire the wainscoting?

SADY: This is my old office.

JASON: You're Sandy Cohen?

SANDY: My reputation proceeds me?

JASON: Well, self-righteous, arrogant and a little nutso?

SANDY: I see that it does.

JASON: Jason Spitz.

SANDY: Nice to meet you.

JASON: Nice to meet you. You're a legend. Hey, not to mention, I heard about your post-victory karaoke bar performances.

SANDY: Defend the poor, sing the classics. I had a reputation and a routine.

JASON: Hey, didn't you go to some high-powered, private firm?

SANDY: Oh, for a minute, then I went into the private sector, into big business.

JASON: Why'd you want to leave this dump? Long hours, no pay... Not to mention the worst coffee in Southern California.

SANDY: Believe it or not, working here were the best days of my life.

JASON: Yeah, right.

GREG: Grass is always greener, coffee's always fresher.

GREG: Sandy Cohen.

SANDY: Greg.

GREG: Back at the PD's office, huh?

SANDY: Thanks for meeting me here on neutral ground.

GREG: You ready to talk?

SANDY: Yeah. Spitz.

JASON: Nice meeting you.

SANDY: Hey, what are they asking for? Come on, with a B&E with no priors? You've got to be kidding me.

SETH'S ROOM

SETH: Come in.

KIRSTEN: Hey. What are you doing?

SETH: In my third month on this book. I'm hoping to have it finished by fall.

KIRSTEN: It's hard to believe you're done with school. You're not a kid anymore.

SETH: Well, let's be honest, I was never very kid-like.

KIRSTEN: You always were an old soul.

SETH: Mom, I want you to know...

KIRSTEN: You don't have to apologize. I think that fire was the best thing that could have happened.

SETH: Well, then, I did it on purpose.

KIRSTEN: Your father's talking to the lawyers, and hopefully, you'll be free and clear.

SETH: Okay, good. I just have to wait and hear from RISD.

KIRSTEN: Speaking of which, I think there's some mail that you might be interested in.

SOMEWHERE

RYAN: Again, I think the pearls would have looked good on you.

KEVIN: Yeah, you're a funny kid. You got the money?

RYAN: Yep. Maybe you can use it to start over.

KEVIN: Thanks, Ranger Rick, but save your speeches for the Boy Scouts. "Ranger Rick." Ow, that hurts.

RYAN: Whatever, man. We're done.

KEVIN: We're not done yet, man. I just want to talk to her.

RYAN: Send her a postcard.

KEVIN: Marissa? Come on...

RYAN: Drive, drive. Let's go. Lets' go!

KEVIN: I just want to talk to you, okay? Wait. Wait! I just want to talk to you. Don't... Wait!

MARISSA'S ROOM

JULIE: Hey, honey. So I guess this is it, huh?

MARISSA: Yeah. I guess so.

JULIE: Marissa, I just want you to know that everything I ever did- good, bad or otherwise-- I did it for you. So that you could have a better life than I had. And I know I wasn't perfect. I mean, the thing with Luke, and trying to frame Ryan for attempted homicide...

MARISSA: Mom. I love you. Okay, just know that.

JULIE: Oh, sweetheart, that's all I wanted. I love you, too.

MARISSA: Besides, you know the strength it takes to start over? To go out on my own? That has to come from being Julie Cooper's daughter.

JULIE: I am spirited, aren't I?

KAITLIN: Hey. Ryan and Seth are here.

MARISSA: All right, um... I guess I better go. You've got to promise to keep things interesting for Mom next year, okay?

KAITLIN: Oh, that won't be a problem.

JULIE: Wait. One more Cooper family hug.

_____

MARISSA: Coop, do you know where this party is? I think it's in the flower streets, but it could be in the number streets.

SUMMER: I'll check the e-vite.

SETH: May I ask a question? Why are we going to another lame Harbor party?

RYAN: Yeah, it is Marissa's last night in town.

SUMMER: Yeah. We always wind up just talking to each other.

RYAN: All right, so, uh, Bait Shop, uh, diner...

MARISSA: Wait, I know somewhere where we could go. But you'll have to follow in your car.

COHEN HOUSE

SANDY: It's a little something, just because I love you.

KIRSTEN: Uh-oh. Flowers usually means bad news.

SANDY: Oh, ye of little faith. No, I spoke to the DA, came clean about the accident, and since we're not gonna press charges, the whole thing will blow over.

KIRSTEN: And then it's back to the Newport Group, business as usual?

SANDY: Well... how about not? I went back to my old office, the place looked worse than ever. The guy in there was beaten down, exhausted... Oh, it was a thing of beauty.

KIRSTEN: You want to go back.

SANDY: Where are the kids?

MARISSA: At some party. And then Ryan's taking Marissa to the airport.

SANDY: Oh. So this is what it'll be like all next year, huh? Empty nest.

KIRSTEN: What does one do in an empty nest?

SANDY: Oh, I have a few ideas.

MODEL HOME

RYAN: Okay, this, uh, this looks familiar.

MARISSA: Yeah? Well, it shouldn't. They rebuilt it completely after you burnt it down.

SETH: Model home.

MARISSA: Yep. It's for sale. And it's completely deserted.

______

SUMMER: You guys ever wonder what life would be like if Atwood never came here?

MARISSA: I definitely never would have talked to Seth.

SUMMER: Oh, hell, no. Me, either.

RYAN: See? You owe me one, buddy.

SETH: Me? She'd still be dating a dude who shaves his chest.

SUMMER: I can't believe that for a minute I was actually interested in Atwood. No offense.

RYAN: None taken, biatch.

MARISSA: It was only until you found out he was from Chino.

SUMMER: Exactly.

RYAN: You actually invited me to Holly's Beach House.

SUMMER: Oh, my God.

SETH: You said she invited me. I'm not faring well on this trip down memory lane.

MARISSA: Well, as fun as it usually is making fun of Seth, I think it's time I should go.

SETH: Aw, here come the waterworks.

SUMMER: I can't believe that I'm saying bye to you.

MARISSA: I know.

SUMMER: I love you so much.

MARISSA: I love you, too.

SUMMER: You're my best friend forever, okay? And if you wind up hooking up with some hot Greek shipping heir, I'm so your maid of honor.

MARISSA: I know. See ya.

SETH: All right, see you later.

SUMMER: You guys, hug.

SETH: All right.

MARISSA: Bye. I've got to get changed.

RYAN: All right, see you in a while.

SUMMER: Okay.

_____

RYAN: You okay?

RYAN: It's so weird talking about that night. Last time we were here, I was leaving, and now you are.

MARISSA: That night... did you ever think we'd end up together?

RYAN: You saying it's over? You never know. Right?

MARISSA: I'm sorry... for all the craziness.

RYAN: I wouldn't have done it any differently. Except maybe Oliver.

MARISSA: Me, too.

KEVIN'S CAR

HEATHER: Okay, we had fun times stalking rich kids. Maybe I should drive?

KEVIN: No.

SETH'S ROOM

SUMMER: Whoa, what is this?

SETH: Your graduation present.

SUMMER: Oh, my God, it's a 60-inch high-def flat screen.

SETH: Uh, maybe...

SUMMER: It's empty.

SETH: No, it's not.

SUMMER: Ow. What is this? "Dear Mr. Cohen, while your application arrived too late for our fall semester, we are happy to announce that your application has been approved." You got in!

SETH: Yeah. I start in January. Let me just say again how sorry I am for messing up the college thing and lying to you and hurting you and you know...

SUMMER: Hey. Look, it's okay, 'cause everything happened the way it was supposed to.

SETH: Well, then I did it on purpose.

SUMMER: Okay. So I'll go to Rhode Island, and I'll get the lay of the land.

SETH: Yeah, then we'll have Thanksgiving, Christmas, then we'll be together.

SUMMER: I think I'm going to cry again.

SETH: Uh, tears of joy?

SUMMER: Come on, thanks for letting me in your box.

SETH: What are we doing?

RYAN'S CAR

RYAN: Are you, uh, you okay? You ready for this?

MARISSA: I have no idea. What about you? I mean, you're the one who's leaving the Cohens, doing the college thing.

RYAN: I'm terrified.

MARISSA: Me, too.

RYAN: So if you ever want to talk or email, if they have that... I don't how boats work, you know...

MARISSA: I'll find a way to stay in touch. What's that?

RYAN: It's this guy; he's been following me. Go ahead, go ahead, pass! What is he doing?

MARISSA: What the hell?

RYAN: All right, hold on.

MARISSA: Whoa! Oh, my God, it's him. What are you doing?! Oh, my God! Okay, pull over!

RYAN: Where?!

MARISSA: Stop! What the hell are you doing?!

KEVIN: I'm gonna get him to pull the car over, so we can finally finish this!

MARISSA: Get away, okay! You're gonna make us crash!

KEVIN: Pull over! Stop it!

MARISSA: Ryan, look out!

They crashed.

RYAN: Marissa. Marissa. Marissa. Marissa. Marissa. Marissa.

MARISSA: Ryan.

RYAN: Okay. Okay. Okay, I'm going to get help, okay?

MARISSA: No, don't leave.

RYAN: Yeah, yeah. I've got to get help.

MARISSA: No. Stay. D-Don't leave.

RYAN: Okay. Hold on. Hold on, okay? Okay? Hold on. Hold on. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay... Marissa. Marissa. Marissa.

She dies in Ryan's arms.