04x13 - The Case of the Franks

All episode transcripts for the TV show "The O.C.". Aired August 2003 - April 2007.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

04x13 - The Case of the Franks

Post by bunniefuu »

Poolhouse

Taylor: Really? Nothing?

Ryan: It may not sound like a good idea. It's not a good idea.

Taylor: We're dating. We just got back together, in fact, and you're proposing that for Valentine's Day we do nothing.

Ryan: No, no. We don't have to spend the night apart. We could just hang out. Uh, see a movie.

Taylor: Oh, God, stop. My head is spinning from all of the romance.

Ryan: Taylor,this holiday, us, it's a recipe for disaster.

Taylor: Why? 'Cause I'm needy?

Ryan: 'Cause I've on occasion been known to stalk you?

Taylor: There's me, too.

Ryan: I'm distant and unemotional.

Taylor: And preoccupied. Could we add that to the list? 'Cause it just seems like lately your mind is someplace else.

Ryan: Taylor. There's no hidden meaning here. I just feel if we don't put too much pressure on this holiday, we might actually get through it.

Taylor: So I shouldn't worry?

Ryan: No.

Taylor: Not even when I find a suspicious address by your bed? I looked at it when you were in the bathroom. Sorry.

Ryan: It's nothing. It's an address.Not the address of some other girl if that's what you're thinking. Look, um, I got to get to work, but I promise you there's nothing to worry about, okay?

Taylor: Okay. All right. So we're good?

Ryan: Yeah, we're good.

Taylor: All right.

Motel

Taylor: Oh.

Frank: Taylor, right?

Taylor: So it's you.

Generic

Motel

Taylor: I-I don't get it. Ryan hasn't been to see you at all?

Frank: Well, I left a message with him when I,when I switched hotels. I told him I was here in case he wanted to see me, but so far,no luck. Taylor, don't mind me asking... what are you doing here?

Taylor: Well, I found this address by Ryan's bed and he's been kind of distant lately, so I thought it may be a clue. So I came here and then I... I have emotional problems, but I'm getting over it.

Frank: Well, I'm glad Ryan at least kept my address, since, you know, he's not using it.

Taylor: Well, clearly he wants to reach out. Maybe he's just afraid or he doesn't really know how to do it.

Frank: Because, you know, I'd love to talk to him, you know?

Taylor: Apologize again for that cancer stunt.

Frank: But I'm scared if I make the first move...

Taylor: He's going to pull away. Yes, you're absolutely right. I've had a lot of experience with that. Wait a sec. Idea coming in. And here it is, okay. What if I were to get involved? I could help you guys smooth things over, broker the peace talks...

Frank: You-you'd be willing to do that, get in the line of fire?

Taylor: It's just that there's something kind of, kind of sad about Ryan. Maybe if he was to mend his relationship with you, he could be a little happier.

Frank: Well, I am all for it. Do you have a plan in mind?

Taylor: Always.

At Cohen's - In the kitchen

Sandy: Wow, is this a second breakfast or an early lunch?

Kirsten: It's either one. I was craving French toast, do you want some?

Sandy: No, thanks. I'm having flashbacks to when you were pregnant with Seth.

Kirsten: I know, and all I did was eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I made some of my finest sandwiches in that year.

Sandy: Mm-hmm. I haven't had peanut butter and jelly since. I can't believe we're doing this again. All the times we tried to have another one after Seth.

Kirsten: Well, we did have a second one, it just came later in life.

Sandy: Ah, the more the merrier.

Kirsten: Oh, I just lost my appetite.

Sandy: I thought you were starving.

Kirsten: Cravings, up and down like a roller coaster. I'm going to get dressed.

At Roberts'

Julie: Gordon, it's not Valentine's Day yet.

Gordon: I don't care, you're my wife, and I'll give you roses anytime I dang well please.

Julie: Right. Well, these are certainly beautiful, but um, I think I need to remind you...

Gordon: Oh, I know. You haven't given me the green light on that marriage proposal. But I didn't make $900 million by being a pessimist. Did I mention that there will be no pre-nup?

Julie: Well... That is so generous. But before we get on with the rest of our lives...

Gordon: Right, Valentine's Day, and I made reservations at the yacht club as per your request. And I did take the liberty of booking us, that's you and me, a suite at the Four Seasons. I mean, here we are,practically man and wife and we still haven't sealed the deal.

Julie: I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way.

Gordon: Well, if I do say so myself, you're in for quite a treat.

Julie: Can we just not talk about it?

Gordon: Well, I can sum it up in one word.

Julie: Don't.

Gordon: Bang.

Julie: Yeah.

Gordon: Oh, sorry, gorgeous. I'm just a sucker for that pun. But seriously now. I can't wait to take you down to Chinatown.

Julie: Right. Me, too. Kaitlin, baby, hi.

Kaitlin: Hi. What's up, nerd?

Gordon: Wow, who you calling nerd, bird legs?

Kaitlin: You, nerd.

Gordon: Okay, squirt, you up for some ping-pong? You ready to get your ass kicked?

Kaitlin: In your dreams.

Julie: You two play ping-pong?

Gordon: Oh, yeah. We got a table at the office and Peanut is getting pretty good.

Kaitlin: You think that's lame?

Julie: No, it's, it's... It's like totally normal.

Kaitlin: Mom, it's just ping-pong. There's no reason to get emotional about it. Can I drive the Ferrari?

Gordon: No. Oh, what the hell? Get her purring, I'll be there in a second.

Julie: You're really good with her, you know that?

Gordon: Well, she's like her mom. She's a special gal and a real kick in the pants. Bye, sweetie.

At the shopping center

Summer: If the sea otters disappear completely, then the entire aquatic ecosystem will be disrupted.

Seth: I know. We need the sea otters to eat the sea urchins, otherwise there'd be a sea urchin population expl*si*n, causing some catastrophe involving the kelp forests.

Summer: I guess you're pretty sick of me talking about otters.

Seth: Not at all. If I have to share you, I'm glad it can be with otters.

Summer: Well, did you know that my Web site got over 8,000 hits yesterday? And I'm going to have a video conference with someone from Greenpeace maybe next week.

Seth: Wow, I hope you can squeeze me in for Valentine's Day.

Summer: Valentine's Day?

Seth: Yeah, it's in two days. You forgot, didn't you?

Summer: No, of course not. Here's a psychic, come on.

Seth: Do we have to?

Summer: Yes.

Psychic: Rhode Island.

Seth: Not bad. You'll go there next year to study art. You'll do well.

Summer: Huh. You're really good, psychic lady. Do me.

Psychic: Strong vibration from you, Miss. Listen, you must beware of falling objects.

Summer: Falling objects?

Psychic: And you're going to appear in the news with Justin Timberlake.

Summer: Oh, good, okay, thank you for your time.

Psychic: Wait. This is important. I see the great love of your life.

Summer: Me, too.

Psychic: The name is coming to me. I see it.

Seth: Let me give you a little help. Seth.

Psychic: No.

Seth: Seth.

Psychic: No. It's George.

Seth: George?

Summer: George?

Psychic: There's a lot of heat surrounding this name.

Seth: You're leaving me for a guy named George?

Summer: No.

Psychic: She certainly is. Your destiny is with this George.

Summer: Okay, um, Seth why don't you go get me some ice cream?

Seth: Okay.

Summer: All right, listen, psychic lady. My boyfriend, his name is Seth and if anyone's my destiny, it's him, so will you please stop it with all this George stuff?

Brad: Sorry, Summer.

Eric: He did it.

Brad: No, you did it.

Eric: No, I didn't, you did.

Brad: You did.

Seth: What was that?

Summer: Destiny?

Yatch club

Ryan: So this has nothing to do with Valentine's Day?

Taylor: No, why would you think that?

Ryan: Hmm, I don't know, you, me, romantic dinner, you have some sort of surprise.

Frank: Hi, Ryan.

Ryan: Hey. Can I talk to you for a minute? Would you excuse us?

Frank: No problem.

Ryan: Thanks.

Taylor: At least it wasn't a romantic surprise.

Ryan: The note by my bed.

Taylor: Yeah, I found it, I went there and I found your dad. And I don't know, I thought maybe you were trying to reconnect with him.

Ryan: Taylor, it's my business.

Taylor: I know, I'm a meddler. But don't worry, once I lick my stalking addiction,that's next on the list. But admit it, you can't tell me you haven't been thinking about him, right? Ryan, come on, it's just dinner.

Ryan: Yeah, what are we going to talk about? I've never met an awkward silence that I couldn't fill.

Taylor: Consider it your Valentine's gift to me. Oh, not that we're celebrating.

Ryan: Yeah, I knew I was going to pay for that.

Taylor: Ryan, he's your dad.

Ryan: Yeah, yeah, one dinner.

Taylor: Okay.

Ryan: Join us.

Frank: She gets her way, doesn't she?

Ryan: The woman's a bulldozer.

At Cohen's

Kirsten: So famous couples through time?

Summer: Yeah, you know, Romeo and Juliet, Fred and Wilma, Sandy and Kirsten Cohen. Do you think that's a good idea for a collage?

Kirsten: Seth's going to love it. And I'm very flattered that Sandy and I made the cut. Oh. Whoa. I have not looked at these for a long time.

Summer: Gosh, check out that permage.

Kirsten: Top g*n had just come out. I wasn't thinking clearly.

Summer: I guess not. Is that you and Jimmy Cooper? Holy guac.

Kirsten: Yeah, that's us at a sweatshirt party. And here we are at the prom.

Summer: Oh, Seth and I have the same picture. Did you ever think that Jimmy was the one?

Kirsten: Well, we had planned our lives together. He was going to work for my father and I was going to throw fabulous dinner parties. We even had names for our kids.

Summer: Then you broke up.

Kirsten: We grew up. I loved Jimmy a lot when I was your age. But I changed. So will you.

Summer: When you met Sandy how did you know that he was the one?

Kirsten: I'd never imagined myself with someone like Sandy. But it just felt right. Summer... If you're meant to be with Seth, it'll happen. You just have to be patient.

Summer: I'm not very good at that.

Kirsten: No one is.

Yatch club

Frank: So, nothing? Really?

Taylor: No. Frank, Ryan thinks it would be better for our relationship if we didn't celebrate Valentine's Day at all. It's counterintuitive, I know.

Frank: How's that plan working out for you?

Ryan: Not great.

Taylor: So Frank, how about you? Speaking of romance... you're single, you're ruggedly handsome. Did you start up any romances with ladies in Newport?

Frank: Well, no. You know, not really.

Taylor: Oh, my God, Frank, you're in love.

Frank: Love? I am not.

Taylor: Yes, you are. It's all over your face. Your lips are quivering, your cheeks are rosy.

Ryan: Yeah, your cheeks are kind of red.

Gordon: Well, what the hell? Frank Atwood, how are you, bud?

Frank: I'm good, how are you, Bullit?

Gordon: Uh, confused, that's how. I thought when you quit the Bullit business you were going to high tail it up to Reno.

Frank: Yeah, well, I just stayed a little longer. I wanted to spend some time with my son.

Gordon: This is your son?

Ryan: Yeah.

Gordon: Well, well, that's great. Oh... here comes the little lady. Every ten seconds she's in the john painting her face, not that I'm complaining. A number that hot, I don't ask questions.

Julie: Hey, Taylor, Ryan.

Ryan: Hi.

Julie: Frank.

Frank: Julie.

Julie: I thought you were leaving town.

Frank: I was... am. I'll be gone soon enough.

Gordon: Oh, Frank is third-wheeling on a date with his son.

Julie: Well, we should get to our table. I am starving.

Frank: Yeah, and this one can eat. And if you ask me, it goes to all the right places.

Julie: Gordon, please. Well, enjoy your dinner. Good-bye, Frank.

Gordon: Uh, later.

Frank: So should we get that check?

Taylor: Oh, my God, Frank.

Ryan: Yeah.

Frank: What?

Taylor: Are you in love with Julie Cooper?

Ryan's workplace

Taylor: Your dad and Julie Cooper. It's just so...

Ryan: Incestuous, inappropriate.

Taylor: Well, look at you being all hyper articulate. No, I was going to say it's romantic.

Ryan: How is it romantic? It's over, she's with somebody else.

Taylor: Who she doesn't really love.

Ryan: Well, maybe she shouldn't marry Bullit-- doesn't mean she should be with my dad.

Taylor: What if they're meant for each other? If we could at least help them get together, then they could have a chance.

Ryan: Taylor, I remember what he was like, how he treated my mom and us.

Taylor: Ryan. You have customers. Hola, Luis.

Luis: Hey, Taylor.

Ryan: I'll be right there. I know Julie isn't perfect, but I also know my dad. She deserves better.

Taylor: Exactly.

At Cohen's

FLASH-BACK

Taryn: Say, "Go Trojans."

Jimmy: Go Trojans!

Taryn: Oh, so cute you guys are going to college together.

Kirsten: Oh, Taryn, we wish you were coming, too.

Taryn: Aw, well, you know, my dad can't just make a phone call and get me into USC. Oh, well, c'est la vie.

Jimmy: Don't listen to her.

Kirsten: Sometimes I feel like I'm going to be listening to her snide comments for the rest of my life.

Jimmy: Next year at this time, we're going to have a whole new life.

Kirsten: Without my dad.

Jimmy: Without Taryn, just us... always.

FLASH-BACK'S END

Sandy: Hey, baby. Reservation for tomorrow night at 7:00, is that okay?

Kirsten: Great.

Sandy: What are you looking at?

Kirsten: Oh, just baby pictures of Seth. I was feeling very nostalgic.

Sandy: Oh, who could blame you? He was a cute kid.

Kirsten: I should get ready, I have a work lunch.

At the shopping center

Ryan: Dude, it's a psychic.

Seth: I know. And Summer says she's not worried, but I can tell she is, which is why I dug into the archives, and came up with evidence that we are, in fact, destined to be together.

Ryan: It's a piece of loose-leaf, crumpled.

Seth: I dug it out of a trash can nine years ago.

Ryan: Okay, explain that.

Seth: This, my friend, marks the first moment that I fell in love with Summer Roberts. It was the spring... 1998.

Ryan: Is this a long flashback? Because my break is almost over.

Seth: Bear with me. It was the spring, 1998.

FLASH-BACK

Seth: Hey, Luke... Good news. Only 11 months and six days until The Matrix comes out.

Luke: Eat it, nerd brain.

Teacher: We're going to start today with more readings of your original poems. Who are we up to? Summer Roberts. Summer.

Summer: "I wish I was a mermaid and was friends with all the fish A shiny tail and seashells that would be my wish."

FLASH-BACK'S END

Seth: And that is when I knew Summer Roberts was the one. Dude, the flashback did not take that long.

At Roberts'

Taylor: Hi, Julie. Or should I say Mrs. Bullit?

Julie: Julie's fine. I'm making smoothies. You want one?

Taylor: Yeah, sure. So I haven't really talked to you since you got engaged. Congrats all over the place.

Julie: Well, thank you, but I'm not exactly engaged. I'm just mulling over Bullit's proposal for a while.

Taylor: What's there to mull? I mean, you're totally in love with him, right? You probably can't stop daydreaming about yourfuture together. And just think, for the rest of your life, you get to be in a bed with Bullit.

Julie: Suddenly not in the mood.

Taylor: Night after night, you and Bullit making love into the wee hours. You, exploring his body as it gets older, and older. The skin slackening, you still having to perform your wifely duties.

Julie: Taylor, stop.

Taylor: Admit it, Julie, you've got it bad for Frank Atwood.

Julie: What?

Taylor: I saw your face last night. You, Julie Cooper, have a case of the Franks.

Julie: Okay, I do... I did, or one time or another may have had a case of the Franks, but for reasons that are both personal and complex, I'm staying with Bullit.

Taylor: Julie, you're different now. You are no longer the woman who can marry for money. You need more.

Julie: Taylor, I have a child. I have no job. I don't even own this house. Besides, I don't think Ryan would approve. God knows I've put that kid through enough.

Taylor: Julie, Ryan's only concern is for you. He doesn't think his dad's good enough for you.

Julie: Ryan Atwood is worried about me?

Taylor: Yeah.

Julie: How about that.

At Roberts' - Summer's bedroom

Seth: Hey, what are you watching?

Summer: It's bad. It's really bad. Look. Coming up next, could this young woman be the one to save Newport sea otters?

Seth: Summer, you're a hero.

Summer: And guess who's bringing sexy back to Newport? That's right, Justin Timberlake is coming to the Bait Shop. Just how does such a small venue get such big names? Everything the psychic said is coming true. You know, any second I'm just going to get whisked away by some dude named George.

Seth: Relax.

Summer: Now I know that psychic has a lot of credibility. She works at a kiosk, and she doesn't appear to charge for her services, but I think I am a better judge of whether you and I are destined to be together, than her. And I brought proof.

Seth: Happy early Valentine's Day, Summer.

Summer: The mermaid poem.

Seth: That's how I knew, even in fifth grade, that you were the one. That's pretty awesome, huh?

Summer: Oh, my God.

Seth: I know.

Summer: I didn't write this.

Seth: What?

Summer: I remember that day.

FLASH-BACK

Summer: Okay, Holly, watch this.

Holly: Oh, my God, Summer, you are Scary Spice. Ew, Taylor Dorkson alert. Ew.

Taylor: Hey, Summer, are you finished with your poem?

Summer: What poem?

Taylor: The original poem that we're reading out loud. We're going in alphabetical order, and we're on "R." I already finished mine, even though I'm a "T." I may spend my night doing a polish.

Teacher: Okay. We're going to start today with more readings of your original poems. Who are we up to? Summer Roberts. Summer.

Summer: Give me your poem.

Taylor: Summer, have you no ethics whatsoever?

Summer: Okay, you can come to my birthday party.

Taylor: Really Okay, here.

Teacher: Summer, we're waiting.

Summer: I wish I was a mermaid...

Teacher: Speak up, Miss Roberts.

Summer: I wish I was a mermaid and was friends with all the fish. A shiny tail and seashells, that would be my wish.

Teacher: Lovely.

FLASH-BACK'S END

Seth: But this mermaid poem is... it's our roots, it's our mythology.

Summer: What if our mythology is a sham? Something that we invented What if we are each other's Jimmy Cooper?

Summer: You know, the one before the one. The one that you think is right before you meet your Sandy Cohen?

Seth: Wait, are we saying that because Taylor wrote the poem, she's my Sandy Cohen? Because as delicious a twist as that would be, it's not going to happen.

Summer: No. What I'm saying is what if we're not destined to be together? That is your cue, Seth, to say that I am wrong. I'm wrong, right? Cue to say I'm wrong, right?

Seth: I don't know anymore.

At Ryan's workplace

Ryan: Julie, we're about to close up.

Julie: I just wanted to talk to you. Look, I... I know you told Taylor that you were worried about me being involved with your father.

Ryan: Nah, that's okay, it's over, so no need to talk about it.

Julie: Right. It is over between us.

Ryan: Good, I'm glad.

Julie: But Ryan, I just wanted you to know that... I've been with my fair share of bad guys, and for the record, your dad isn't one of them.

At Roberts'

Taylor: Hey.

Ryan: Hi. So what's the plan?

Taylor: The Frank and Julie plan?

Ryan: Yep.

Taylor: Yay, you're on board!

Ryan: I talked to Julie.

Taylor: So did I. Lady has a case of the Franks. But lucky for us it's Valentine's Day tomorrow.

Ryan: So she'll be going out with Bullit, right?

Taylor: We'll just get rid of Bullit and then we will get Frank and Julie together for the most romantic night ever. So you come over after work, and in the meantime, I'll start making lists. All right, I'll see you later.

Ryan: Toodles.

Kaitlin: 'Sup?

Taylor: Kaitlin, were you... eavesdropping?

Kaitlin: Look, my mom loves the Bullit, okay? He's rich and he's funny and it's a total slam dunk.

Taylor: Okay, sweetie, it's a little more complicated than that.

Kaitlin: Not to me. Listen, Townsend, I'm playing for Team Bullit, okay? And my team, we always win.

Taylor: Well, Ryan and I are playing for Team Frank, and our team always wins.

Kaitlin: That's funny, because you're going down.

Taylor: Are you threatening us?

Kaitlin: Totally. It's w*r, bitch.
At Cohen's - Seth's bedroom

Kirsten: Hi, honey.

Seth: Whoa. Pancakes? When is this Valentine's Day tradition going to die?

Kirsten: I'm sorry that I've been babying you lately. I'm just feeling a little motherly.

Seth: That's okay, I'm feeling a little sulky, so we're a good match.

Kirsten: Summer's going through something, isn't she?

Seth: She's wondering if I'm her Sandy Cohen or her Jimmy Cooper.

Kirsten: Well, I hope I didn't worry her. So how about you? Are you okay?

Seth: Well, Summer and I have this history, or at least I thought we did. These things that happened to us when we were kids that convinced me we were meant to be together. Now if those things turn out not to be true...

Kirsten: Seth, how long have you dated Summer?

Seth: Uh, February... like a million years.

Kirsten: And in that time, how many things has Summer doneto convince you that she's the girl for you?

Seth: A lot.

Kirsten: So I think you should focus on that. The real Summer, and not the one that you worshipped in grade school. You know what I think?

Kirsten: I think that you found your Sandy Cohen.

Seth: Aw, aw, me, too. Mm, Mom, why'd you and Jimmy Cooper break up, anyways? It doesn't matter.

FLASH-BACK

Jimmy: Sorry I'm late. Your dad's working me to the bone.

Kirsten: Not even paying you.

Jimmy: That's an internship for you. He'll make it up to meafter college when I sign my life away to the Newport Group.

Kirsten: Jimmy, we need to talk. I don't know if I can do this anymore.

Jimmy: Do what?

Kirsten: Us. I need to end this.

Jimmy: What are you talking about? We have a plan. Go to college. Come back here, pick up where we left off.

Kirsten: Jimmy, on paper, all of that makes sense. But in my heart it just doesn't feel right.

Jimmy: I don't understand.

Kirsten: You don't just wake up one morning and decide to change your entire life.

Jimmy: Whatever it is, we'll figure it out together.

Kirsten: It's already been figured out. I know what I want to do.

Jimmy: Kirsten, what's going on?

Kirsten: I got into Berkeley.

Jimmy: And you're going?

Jimmy leaves and Kirsten had an abortion.

FLASH-BACK'S END

At Roberts'

Summer: Don't you see we are supposed to control our own destiny? Mm-hmm. Or else what's the point of life if it's just something that happens to you?

Maria: Summer? You have a visitor.

Summer: George.

Paul: Hi. I'm Paul, I'm here for GEORGE.

Summer: George?

Paul: Yes, The Global Environmental Organization Regarding Greenhouse Emissions. We've been reading your blog about the sea otters. I was in the area and I'm here to offer you a job. We'd like you to come work for us.

Summer: Oh... GEORGE.

At Bullit's office

Kaitlin: It doesn't matter who it is. All that you need to know is that the game has changed. If you want to marry my mom, you're going to have to step your game up.

Gordon: Well, old Bullit knows how to romance a lady. I've been married five times. Check this out. Emerald earrings for your mom, matches her eyes.

Kaitlin: Just toss these, all right? I want something better. I want out-of-the-box thinking.

Gordon: Hot air balloon ride. Hot air balloon. A blimp? Oh, heck, squirt, all I care about is that your mom is happy and if I'm not the man for that...

Kaitlin: No, Bullit, buck up. You want to marry my mom, right?

Gordon: Of course.

Kaitlin: And you want to be my stepdad.

Gordon: And play ping-pong with you till I'm old and gray. Hell, yeah. Let's go.

Kaitlin: Then we need to make a plan. I want nothing less than the most spectacular Valentine's date ever. Is one of those planes yours?

Gordon: Two of 'em.

Motel

Taylor: Okay, they're gonna play the money card,</i> but we can play the emotion card.

Frank: Am I right, Ryan?

Ryan: Yeah, you're right.

Taylor: Okay, Frank, tell me what it is that you love about Julie.

Frank: Well, uh... She's, uh...

Taylor: I forgot what we're dealing with here. Atwoods on Valentine's Day.

Ryan: I told you.

Frank: Look, I really appreciate this, but you guys don't have to do this for me. It's not your job.

Ryan: We want to.

Taylor: Mm, text from Kaitlin. "Y'all are going down. Team Bullit." Frank, if we're going to win, you need to give me something here.

Frank: Okay, Julie's amazing. All right? She's... she's pretty. She totally gets me?

Taylor: Come on. Dig deeper here! Look inside. What is it that connects you to her?

Frank: We're just... from the same world.

Yatch club

Sandy: You barely touched your chicken.

Kirsten: I guess I wasn't in the mood for it.

Sandy: Well, you're feeling nauseous and tired. So I can't expect you to be dancing on the tables. If something else is bothering you, tell me.

Kirsten: I hate keeping secrets from you.

Sandy: I didn't know you were.

Kirsten: There's one thing. Something that I, I never told you

Sandy: Is this about Jimmy Cooper?

Kirsten: Can we get the check and talk about this at home?

Parking

Julie: Thank you.

Kaitlin: Mom, hold up. There's been a change in schedule.

Julie: Kaitlin, what's up?

Kaitlin: We have way cooler plans. And your ride should be here any second.

Julir: What is this? What is this shirt?

Kaitlin: Nothing, I'm just getting in the spirit of things. Last-minute ambush. Should have seen this coming. How'd you find us?

Ryan: Taylor activated the GPS on your phone. Can I talk to you?

Kaitlin: Damn GPS. I should have thought of that.

Julie: What are you guys, the KGB? What's going on?

Ryan: I'll explain.

Kaitlin: Mom, whatever he says, do not listen to him.

Ryan: Look, I know you have plans tonight, but I was hoping you'd cancel them.

Julie: Oh, you found out about my case of the Franks.

Ryan: He's waiting for you. He knows it's a long sh*t, but I said I'd try to get you to meet him. I'll drive if you want.

Kaitlin: Mom, come on, your ride's here.

Julie: Tell your dad that in another life I'd be there. I'm sorry.

Kaitlin: Mm, told you, Atwood. My team always wins.

Ryan: I guess so.Wait. What?

Kaitlin: What the hell?

In the limo

Julie: Driver, could you turn the AC on, please?

Taylor: Yeah, sure, Ms. Cooper.

Parking

Kaitlin: I cannot believe this.

Ryan: Yeah, that's w*r, bitch.

Kaitlin: God, Ryan, how could you be so mean? I'm only 15.

Ryan: Oh, oh, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking.

Kaitlin: Me, either. You're going down.

Ryan: Kaitlin...

Kaitlin: I'm following your decoy limo.

Ryan: Then I'll follow you!

Julie: Did Bullit buy me a hot dog stand? Uh, driver, I don't think this is right.

Taylor: You're here.

Julie: Taylor? I don't know what to say. What is all this?

Taylor: Go, say it, like we practiced. Go.

Frank: Okay. Uh, this is sort of a testament to where we came from. But I really want tonight to be about where we could go. It's just a promise ring. I know it's not fancy. I wish I could offer you more, but this is all I have. And that is that I love you, the real you.

Julie: Frank, I...

Kaitlin: Mom, the Bullit's waiting.

Julie: Frank, I'm sorry. I have one daughter left and she loves Bullit, even if I don't. I'm sorry, Frank.

At Cohen's

Kirsten: And then after we had Seth and we were trying for a second and nothing was happening, I thought it was some kind of karmic payback.

Sandy: Well, now you know it doesn't work like that. Why didn't you ever say anything?

Kirsten: Part of it was timing. It had only been a month. But then the best thing in the world happened to me.

FLASH-BACK

Sandy: Mondale and Ferraro. Mondale and Ferraro, path to equality.

Kirsten: No, thanks.

Sandy: What are you, a Republican? Oh, I'm sorry, did you catch it from your parents? I hear it's hereditary.

Kirsten: I guess I did.

Sandy: Well, if you don't want a pamphlet, here, have a pin, on me.

Kirsten: I might wear it, but only because it's stylish.

Sandy: You know, if you're not a pamphlet reader, I could take you to coffee...tell you all about why Mondale and Ferraro are gonna lose.

Kirsten: If you're so sure they're gonna lose, why bother?

Sandy: I don't know, it feels right. So... coffee?

FLASH-BACK'S END

Kirsten: I guess I had fate on my mind</i> when I got you this gift.

Sandy: Where on Earth did you find this?

Kirsten: I turned the house upside down.

Sandy: If it hadn't been for Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro, there never would have been a Seth Cohen.

Kirsten: There wouldn't be a Ryan.

Sandy: And whoever this is going to be... All because of that one day. My lucky day.

Kirsten: My lucky day.

At Roberts' - In Summer's bedroom

Seth: Okay, I admit it-- I put way too much stock into that poem.

Summer: I'm not the girl that you thought I was.

Seth: You're not.You, Summer, are better. See, back then you were just this fantasy. You were this little girl, who, when I would see, you would either ignore me, or make an obscene gesture and keep on walking.

Summer: Yeah, I kind of remember that, sorry.

Seth: But now look at you. You fight for sea otters. You've befriended Taylor Townsend. You're an incredible mom to that bunny.

Summer: I guess I have changed.

Seth: You've evolved. And over the last 950 days we've been dating... and, yes, I've counted and yes, I counted the Zach era, because, really, who were we kidding? I've watched you grow into this incredible woman. And that is who I love.

Summer: Thanks, Cohen.

Seth: What's wrong?

Summer: I met GEORGE.

Seth: I'll k*ll him.

Summer: This guy came by from GEORGE to recruit me. He heard about my work with the sea otters and invited me to travel across the country and talk to college kids about voting next November.

Seth: What about Brown?

Summer: I'd have to defer a year, live on a bus.

Seth: Sounds like a great gig.

Summer: I don't know that we could see each other.

Seth: So you have to choose between me and GEORGE.

Summer: That's the thing I don't know that I have to. I do believe that you are my destiny, I do, Seth. But I just don't know that you're my only destiny. Here. Happy Valentine's Day. I picked couples through time.

Seth: Oh, and where are we?

Summer: I was hoping that someday we could go in the middle.

In the limo

Kaitlin: So can I tell you what Bullit's surprise is? I can't hold it any longer.

Julie: Sure.

Kaitlin: His plane is sitting on the tarmac gassed up and ready to take you anywhere in the world. Mom, you're going to be spendingValentine's Day anywhere in the world that you want to go. I mean, that's pretty amazing.

Julie: Yeah. Yeah, it really is.

Kaitlin: No. Mom...

At the airport

Gordon: Squirt, where the heck's your mom?

Kaitlin: I know I asked you to be my stepdad. Do you mind being my friend instead?

Gordon: So Julie's had enough of the old Bullit, eh?

Kaitlin: We can still play ping-pong together.

Gordon: Come on. You know, I let you win.

Kaitlin: No, you don't.

Gordon: Yes, I do.

Kaitlin: In your dreams.

Gordon: You ever see that movie Casablanca?

Kaitlin: No.

Gordon: It goes like this: Peanut, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

Parking

Ryan: Come on, luck be a lady, luck be a lady. Oh! I can't believe this, I didn't win.

Frank: Shocking.

Taylor: Well, if it's any consolation, though, this soft serv is outstanding. Would anyone like seconds?

Ryan: Yeah, I would.

Frank: Yeah, me, too. Thank you.

Ryan: Sorry things didn't work out with you and Julie.

Frank: Hey... I'm sitting here sharing ice cream with my kid. It's been a long time since I've done that. Tell me that's her.

Ryan: That's her.

Frank: I'm suddenly nervous.

Ryan: You're going to be great.

Julie: I'm having the strangest craving for a corn dog.

Frank: There may be one left. Seat?

Taylor: How about that? Fourth quarter, Team Frank comes through in the clutch.

Ryan: Oh, yeah.

Taylor: True love on Valentine's Day. What more could you ask for?

Ryan: Yeah... Hey, uh, so, you know, we reserved the limo for another two hours. What do you say we drive down the beach?

Taylor: Uh, that sounds suspiciously like a Valentine's Day date to me. I don't know, that might make us break up.

Ryan: What if I said... I had newfound faith?

Taylor: I would say I agree.

Ryan: I have newfound faith.

Taylor: I agree. Okay. Onward, Jeeves. Yes, yes, yes, to the beach.

End of the episode