04x16 - The End's Not Near, It's Here

All episode transcripts for the TV show "The O.C.". Aired August 2003 - April 2007.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

04x16 - The End's Not Near, It's Here

Post by bunniefuu »

SIX MONTHS LATER

At Roberts'

Sandy: Eggs...

Ryan: And flour. There we go.

Sandy: Milk.

Kaitlin: Okay, now, Ryan, fire up the griddle. And Sandy, b*at until smooth.

Sandy: Hey, Mama, have a seat. In the mood for crêpes?

Kirsten: You're making crêpes?

Ryan: Yeah! Taylor sent Kaitlin a griddle from France.

Kaitlin: With a super-long note about how I need to broaden my breakfast horizons. She's 6,000 miles away and still annoying.

Kirsten: Ryan, have you talked to her?

Ryan: Oh, no. Haven't read her blog, haven't looked at her scrapbook. It's over and I'm okay. It's been months. I barely even think about her.

Sandy: Even though you're living in her room.

Ryan: You know, we've all had to make adjustments since the earthquake.

Kirsten: Especially Kaitlin, with the entire Cohen family taking refuge here.

Kaitlin: No, it's been nice. I mean, I've perfected my Sandy Cohen. Listen to this. I'll schmear it for ya.

Sandy: Well, you know, not bad. I am very sexy.

Julie: Baby, stop mimicking Sandy.

Sandy: Julie! Crêpe?

Julie: I think I'm too nauseous to eat.

Kirsten: Morning sickness ?

Julie: Or wedding jitters. Who can tell?

Kirsten: Well, your fiancé is certainly excited about the nuptials. Yeah, he's kind of become a broken record over and over again. He keeps saying...

Gordon: Bang! Hey, Sandy.

Sandy: Bullit.

Gordon: Ryan. Peanut. Hey, Blondie. And there she is, the future Mrs. Gordon Bullit.

Kirsten: Well, wedding days can be nerve-wracking, but just think, after tomorrow you will be just another old married couple.

Julie: Just like that one living upstairs.

Summer's bedroom

Seth: Hey, breakfast time.

Summer: Toaster strudel! Oh, you're the best cook ever.

Seth: Shh, enough talking, what do you want to watch?

Summer: Oh, I think you know what I want to watch.

Seth: The premise is so simple.

Summer: Yet so compelling.

Sandy: Can I come in?

Seth: Hey, sure.

Sandy: I know you don't like to leave your lair, but the inspector is coming to the house today. I think everybody should be there.

Seth: But this chair is my home now.

Sandy: Downstairs in ten minutes.

At Cohen's

Sandy: Boy, his body language is very negative.

Kirsten: You think?

Ryan: Wait, he just smiled.

Seth: I think it was more of a smirk.

Kirsten: Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Sandy: So what's the good news? When can we rebuild?

Man: I hate to say this, but how about never?

Ryan: Excuse me?

Man: The amount of structural damage is substantial.

Seth: But Dad, we can pay to fix it, right?

Sandy: Yeah, we've got insurance, savings.

Man: Well, the cost of repairing the damage is more than the value of this house. I'm sorry, but there's no saving your home.

Generic

Visit home for sale

Ryan: Nice view, infinity pool...

Sand: Yeah, but no pool house.

Ryan: Yes, well, six bedrooms. I think there's room enough for everyone.

Sandy: Yeah, but it still just doesn't feel like home. You know, maybe I'm not ready to leave the old place yet.

Ryan: I'm going to miss it. Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to Berkeley.

Sandy: Oh, Berkeley. Now, there was a house. The minute we walked in the front door, we knew we were home. Wood floors, exposed beams, that house had character.

Kirsten: And this house has none of those things.

Woman: Well, it's got a Viking range, granite countertops...

Kirsten: It's average and generic.

Sandy:I couldn't agree with you more. Let's get out of here.

Kirsten: I think we should make an offer.

Woman: You do?

Sandy: You do?

Kirsten: Well, we've seen five versions of the same house. Does it really matter which one we pick?

Woman: I'll draw up the papers.

Sandy: Whatever you want, honey.

Summer's bedroom

Seth: It's hard to believe that soon all this will be gone. Take a good look around. Everything is about to change.

Summer: Actually, I have a surprise. Look. The floor plan to ourapartment in Providence.

Seth: Hey, big-screen TV, La-Z-Boys, hot plate. It looks exactly like here. Awesome. Do you think our TiVo will keep its memory if we pack it?

Summer: I don't know. I should callthe help line right now. Oh...

Seth: What?

Summer: Nothing. You know, I think I'm going to call later when there's less phone traffic in India.

Seth: What? Isn't it awesome we get to live like this for the next four years?

Summer: Mm-hmm. Okay, got to run. Hey, Atwood.

Ryan: Hey.

Seth: Ryan. Come in. Sit.

Ryan: Yeah, not going to happen. But I do need your help with a plan.

Seth: Does it involve leaving this room?

Ryan: It involves leaving the city.

At the airport

Man: Welcome back from Paris, Ms. Townsend. You here for business or pleasure?

Taylor: That is an excellent question, sir. The answer to which I spent the better part of my trans-Atlantic flight trying to determine. Because it's not business, but it's not pleasure. Because that would imply that seeing Ryan Atwood again is pleasurable, when really, all it is is stressful and... you know, really kind of surreal that we ever dated in the first place. Because it's not like we have anything in common. You know, not that we didn't try though, because we really did. Like I stopped wearing shoes and learned hacky sack in an effort to fit in at Berkeley, and then he learned French and learned to appreciate the difference between a Brie and a Camemburt And then he grew this little mustache in an effort to appear more French-like, but you know, he's fair-haired, and it was really just kind of an above-lip disaster. And from there we just realized it didn't work, you know. We didn't work and I left, to escape the painful reality of yet another failed relationship and at least this time I didn't stalk him though. Because sometimes I do that. Good thing I never fell in lovewith the president, huh?

Man: That would be bad.

Taylor: Right.

Taylor: Summer!

Summer: Hey, Taylor. So good to see you.

Taylor: Oh, you, too. Did you come alone?

Summer: Ryan doesn't know that you're coming. You told me not to tell him.

Taylor: Who said anything about Ryan? We're so over. I just, I can't even believe we ever even dated, you know? I don't even think I would recognize him. You know, I just hope he shaved that mustache.

Seth: Did you get a rental car?

Ryan: Yeah. You got the address?

Taylor: Ryan, hi. You found out I was coming and decided to surprise me?

Ryan: No, I didn't know you were coming back and I'm leaving.

Summer: Oh, well, now I'm surprised. Where are you guys going?

Ryan: Oh, not far. We'll be back by tonight.

Seth: Yeah, it's a mission. I'm going to call you.

Taylor: Okay, well, brilliant catching up.

Ryan: It's good to see you.

Seth: That wasn't awkward at all.

Ryan: No, no, why would it be? It's not like I'm still in love with her or anything.

Summer: Taylor, are you okay?

Taylor: No, I'm not. I'm still in love with him.

At the shopping center

Kaitlin: I can't believe the Bullit's got 12 sons.

Spencer: One from every major oil refinery in Texas.

Kaitlin: I mean, I've always wanted brothers and now I'm going to have a dozen. I mean, it'll be cool, if they're all like you.

Spencer: Well, that's the thing.

Gordon: Oh, there she is. Bullits, meet the Squirt.

All: Howdy, Squirt!

Gordon: Squirt, meet the Bullits. This is Austin, Dallas, Houston, Lubbock, Odessa, El Paso, Amarillo, Texarkana, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Hanoi.

Kaitlin: Wow. Okay.

Gordon: Ain't that something? Now you got yourself a whole buffet of Bullits to love.

All: Bang!

Kaitlin: Wow. Well, I guess the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.

Gordon: Oh, not my apples. The Bullit's DNA is bulletproof. Not a recessive gene in the whole damn double helix. Oh, looky here, the wife-to-be. What's the word, sweetie?

Julie: It's a boy.

Gordon: Lucky number 13, yes!

Berkeley

Ryan: This is it.

Seth: The Berkeley House.

Ryan: Yeah, exactly how Sandy described it. You ready for this? Hello. So we'd like to buy your house.

Seth: Please don't shut the door.

Man: We'd really like to buy your house. And you're an adorable couple, but this house isn't for sale.

Ryan: We should tell them everything.

Seth: Okay, right. Uh, this is my house.

Man: Just shut the door.

Seth: No, no, he means it used to be his house. Yeah, those baby handprints in the cement, those, those are mine.

Man: Oh, those little hands are yours? Those are so cute.

Seth: I know, thank you. Anyway, my parents moved us to Newport when I was two, which was a mistake on many levels, but it did allow us to adopt a young ex-convict named Ryan.

Man: Shut the door.

Ryan: I'm not actually a convict.

Seth: Right. Now our house is condemned due to an earthquake. My mom's about to have another baby, and I feel like there's this chance for our family to have a fresh start.

Ryan: Yeah, his parents are always talking about the time they spent here being the best of their lives. It'd be like coming home.

Man: Look, I hear you. But this already is a home, it's ours. And it's not for sale.

Seth: I thought I had them with the hands in the cement thing.

Ryan: Me, too. We should call your dad.

Seth: Sure, nobody can change somebody's mind like my dad, but he's not going to leave my mom, and the airlines won't let women fly in their ninth month of pregnancy.

Ryan: What if she didn't flyon an airline?

At the restaurant

Woman: And you also sign here, and here and this is your offer.

Sandy: Well, we'll live there a year, get settled with the baby, and then we can look for a housewithout feeling rushed.

Kirsten: And I know we can't impose on Julie much longer. I just wish...

Sandy: Oh, me, too. But wherever our family is, that's home.

Gordon: Drop that pen, amigo! I'm kidnapping the both of you. Come on. The jet is gassed up.

Kirsten: Is he drunk?

Gordon: No. Your boys called. They're up in Berkeley trying to buy back the old homestead. Just need you two up there to seal the deal. I figured the least I could do is lend my jet, since old Sanford here introduced me to my lady love.

Kirsten: I can't fly. I'm nine-months pregnant.

Gordon: Oh, my son Amarillo, he's waiting at the plane. He's one of those doctors for women's private parts. Come on, sunshine's burning. Let's go.

Woman: Not to pressure you, but the owners are expecting other offers.

Gordon: Oh, what the hell, blondie, I'll buy this house. There you go. There you go.

Summer's bedroom

Taylor: I'm not saying things will just snap back to how they were, but maybe we were too quick to give up. So we'll be 6,000 miles away. I'll be in Newport for Christmas and the summer, and you know, we'll make it work. I should call him, don't you think?

Summer: Oh, real-life Jake broke up with real-life April.

Taylor: What are you doing?

Summer: I told Seth that I wouldn't watch Briefcase or No Briefcase till he got home, so I'm reading about The Valley.

Taylor: Oh, my God, that show's still on?

Summer: It just got picked up for five more seasons. You know, these teen dramas, they just run forever.

Taylor: Okay, enough, this is insane.

Summer: Hey!

Taylor: Summer, when I left, you were a committed environmentalist. You were passionate. You engaged with the world. You... bathed.

Summer: I still care about things.

Taylor: Like what? Besides Briefcase or No Briefcase and the starsof The Valley? Sweetie, tell me what happened.

Summer: I don't know. Well, the earthquake happened, then the comic bookstore closed down, and Seth's room was destroyed. I didn't join GEORGE, and then he moved in. We talked about everything there was to talk about. Then one day we turned on the TV. And there it was. Briefcase or No Briefcase. And suddenly, we weren't worried about the future. We weren't wondering who we were. For the first time, I think we were really comfortable.

Taylor: Maybe a little too comfortable. You ever think about that?

Summer: No.

Taylor: Oh, my God, what is that?

Summer: I don't know. Pancakes had babies! When did this happen?!

Taylor: You didn't know she was pregnant?

Summer: I didn't he was a she. Oh, my God, I'm a bad cr*ck mother.

Berkeley

Ryan: Shouldn't we be waiting at the house?

Seth: Uh, we've got a little bit of time until the Bullit is wheels down with our parents. Take a look around, man. In a few weeks, you're going to have all these new faces to punch.

Ryan: Aw, you getting nostalgic on me?

Seth: No. Seriously, everyone's moving. Newport's over. This is the future. And it's also possible you may meet another Taylor Townsend. What was that? There is no other Taylor Townsend? There's only one and you're in love with her? All right. Listen, you haven't said a word since we bumped into her. I know it means you can't stop thinking about her. I'm going to get some coffee.

Seth: You love her, I know it.

Ryan: Stop it.

Seth: I know it!

Tom: Join GEORGE. Fight the industrial devastation of our planet.

Seth: Hey, are you Paul from GEORGE.?

Tom: No, Tom from GEORGE. You know Paul?

Seth: Uh, no, my girlfriend Summer Roberts met him.

Tom: Sure, yeah. Paul was really disappointed when she turned us down. What's she up to now?

Seth: Uh, not much of anything, really.

Tom: Well, um, give her this, would you? I hate to see someone like Summer just waste their passion.

Seth: Yeah. She... she loves otters. Thank you.

Ryan: Hello.

Taylor: Ryan, hi, it's me.

Ryan: Oh, hey.

Summer: Ouch, this soap stings!

Taylor: Well, that's because it's lye. Sorry. So I was, um, thinking maybe we should get together and talk about things.

Ryan: Oh, uh...

Summer: But you don't want to?

Ryan: No, no, it's just I don't know when Seth and I are going to get back from Berkeley.

Taylor: Oh. Why are you in Berkeley?

Ryan: Long story, but basically trying to get the Cohens their old house back.

Taylor: The Cohens are moving to Berkeley?

Ryan: If things work out.

Taylor: So, that would mean you wouldn't be coming back to Newport for Christmas or summer or... ever.

Ryan: I guess not. Um, listen, we could talk after the wedding if you want.

Taylor: Yeah, oh, yeah, I have to go. Um, you have a nice trip.

At the church

Julie: We finish this and then we're done. Unless there's anything else you need for tomorrow.

Kaitlin: I'm all good. I've got my shoes, my dress, my cheat sheet with the names of all my stepbrothers.

Julie: How was that, meeting all of them?

Kaitlin: Weird, but I mean, I love Bullit, but one's kind of enough, you know?

Julie: You're telling me.

Kaitlin: What are you talking about? You're about to spawn off the latest.

Julie: Well, maybe he won't be all that Bullit-esque.

Kaitlin: Don't count on it. He's probably going to come out with a cowboy hat telling the doctor, "Bang." Or a wife-beater.

Julie: Why would he be wearing a wife-beater?

Kaitlin: Oh, my God. Mom...

Julie: Okay, honey, just relax.

Kaitlin: You have to be kidding me. I mean, does the Bullit know?

Julie: Of course he knows.

Kaitlin: What, you told him that the baby is...

Julie: Frank's, yes.

Kaitlin: And when were you going to tell me?

Julie: Soon. I'm sorry. This isn't easy.

Kaitlin: Well, what happened with you and Frank?

Julie: I got pregnant, and Frank couldn't deal with it, so I left him. That's when the Bullit came back, I told him everything, and he still wanted to marry me. That's the whole story.

Kaitlin: Mom, do you love the Bullit?

Julie: Yes.

Berkeley

Sandy: I can't believe we're here. Seriously, fellas, this is crazy.

Seth: You always said this was where you guys were the happiest.

Ryan: Every city needs public defenders.

Seth: Plus, I think my little sister deserves a sh*t at growing up normal.

Kirsten: Well, we can at least talk to them.

Sandy: Can't hurt.

Sandy: Hello. I'm Sandy Cohen. This is my wife, Kirsten. and we used to live here.

Todd: I'm Todd.

Patrick: Patrick.

Todd: And, um, yeah, your son's already told us everything. about the earthquake, the hands in the cement,the baby, but like we said...

Sandy: You don't want to sell, I get it, but just beinghere again, I got to say it still feels like home.

Kirsten: Um, is the bathroom still in the same place? Do you mind?

Patrick: Why would I mind?

Kirsten: Thank you.

Sandy: I love what you've done with the decorating. Is there any chance we could see the kitchen? Just to see if the Seth Cohen growth chart is still notched in the wall?

Patrick: It isn't. We thought it was termites.

Seth: Oh, I hit three feet. I mean, it was a pretty huge accomplishment.

Todd: Sir, while we appreciate your nostalgia, we have things to do.

Sandy: No, it's all right. We'll be out of here in just a sec.

Kirsten: Oh, God! Sandy!

Sandy: Or not.

Kirsten: Sandy!

Sandy: I'm here.

Kirsten: Oh, my God.

Todd: Okay, this isn't the bathroom.

Kirsten: I'm sorry, I didn't make it.

Kirsten: My water broke.

Sandy: Seth, call an ambulance!

Kirsten: There's no time for an ambulance.

Patrick: Okay, this is so random, but I'm actually a midwife.

Sandy: Sophie Rose Cohen. Aw... It's got a nice ring to it, huh?

Kirsten: She's beautiful, isn't she?

Seth: She really will be in two years when she doesn't look like a squished meatball.

Ryan: You just called your sister a squished meatball.

Sandy: You should have seen what you looked like when you were born.

Kirsten: Oh, he was beautiful, too.

Sandy: Yeah, I was.

Sandy: Yeah, you looked like you went 12 rounds with Joe Frasier.

Patrick: All right, move out of the way. It's time for a feeding.

Seth: Oh, she's going to...

Ryan: Yeah, we should go.

Gordon: No, thank you, Kirsten, I'm lactose intolerant.

Sandy: Bullit, what are you doing here? Aren't you getting married in a few hours?

Gordon: Don't I know it. Couldn't get any damn airspace. All those dot commers up here with their private jets. The runway was busier than a bull in springtime. It's fine now.

Sandy: Hey, thanks for everything.

Kirsten: Give Julie our best and please explain why we couldn't make it.

Gordon: Oh, I will, and she'll be thrilled. And when she pops out lucky number 13, bang, I want you there.

Sandy: Sophie Rose Cohen.
In the street

Kaitlin: Kaitlin, what are you doing here?

Kaitlin: Just wondering if you've got an invite to the wedding, 'cause you didn't RSVP, which is really rude, considering my mom's pregnant with your baby.

Frank: So she told you, huh?

Kaitlin: How could you do that... just walk away from her? I mean, she loved you.

Frank: When she told me she was pregnant, I did kind of panic, and I know I let her down. But when I went to see her and tell her that, she was having dinner with Bullit. For what it's worth, I really do love her, but she's made her choice. I know better than to try and change your mom's mind.

Kaitlin: So you're just quitting?

Frank: Whoa, wait a minute. Isn't this what you wanted? Bullit and a new family?

Kaitlin: All I want is for my mom to be happy. and for my little brother to have his dad around, but not if he's going to be a coward. You know, I thought Atwood were good at fighting.

Berkeley

Seth: Is Mom sleeping?

Sandy: Mother and daughter are snoring soundly.

Seth: How you feeling?

Sandy: Like I landed in a time warp; your mother, me, a new baby and this house. It's almost20 years later and I feel like no time has passed at all.

Seth: Well, you look like it, too. You got that full head of hair. If I look half as good as you in 20 years, I'll be a happy man.

Sandy: Well, thanks, but I'd like to see you being happy right now. Seems the last couple of months you've landed in a bit of a rut. At least a La-Z-Boy.

Seth: Well, I sort of have, but being up here and seeing Ryan's new life and meeting my new sister... I get that change is happening whether I want it to or not.

Sandy: Yeah, nothing lasts forever. But you and Summer still have each other. You'll be heading off to Providence together.

Seth: Yeah. Except I'm not so sure that us being together is bringing out best in either one of us right now. But I'm afraid to let her go, so...

Sandy: Well, things have a way of coming back around. Look at us.

Wedding

Summer: Maybe I should go try to find Julie and see if she needs any help.

Taylor: Sure, Summer, just abandon me, too. Maybe I'll just strike up a casual romance with one of the Bullits. Okay, who do you think's hotter, El Paso or San Antonio?

Summer: Yeah, I'm going to have to think about that.

Taylor: Hanoi has a certain charm.

Julie: Thanks for filling in for Kirsten. I hope she shows up soon.

Summer: You look so beautiful.

Julie: Thank you. And you, it's nice to see you looking so... showered again.

Summer: Hmm, well, I figured it was about time.

Julie: Yeah. Is everything okay?

Summer: I guess. I don't know, you're with the same someone for so long... I guess you start to get a little comfortable.

Julie: I wouldn't know.

Summer: Do you think that Seth and I are making a mistake? Living together right after the earthquake, and then getting an apartment together next year in Providence?

Julie: Uh, well, you know... I got married so young that I never had a chance to find out who I was or what I cared about. I mean, I never went to college or learned any real skills. And now here I am 20 years later, still knocked up on my wedding day.

Summer: Julie.

Julie: Summer... you're a great girl.And the world deserves to know you.

Summer: You deserve it, too.

Julie: Don't settle for comfortable.

Summer: I got you something. I know she would have wanted to be here today.

Julie: Thank you. Thank you.

Summer: Crap, my makeup.

Julie: Hmm, my makeup. It'll take hours to fix.

Gordon: Hours? We don't got hours. We're getting married now.

Julie: Now? Is Kirsten here?

Gordon: Uh, about that... she dropped child up in San Fran. But lucky for her, there was a hell of a midwife standing by.

Julie: Kirsten had her baby?

Gordon: Yeah, and she said she was sorry that she couldn't be here. Now are you ready to get hitched?

Julie: I can't get married without Kiki. She's my best friend. I'm sorry, but I'm not doing it without her.

Berkeley

Todd: Oh, my God.

Patrick: Oh, my God.

Gordon: One of you two wouldn't be a wedding planner would you?

Todd: Actually...

Julie: Let me see my flower girl.

Kirsten: Julie?

Sandy: Are you a runaway bride?

Todd: Kind of a runaway wedding.

Ryan: Wait a minute, does that mean that everybody came with you?

Seth: Can I talk to you?

Ryan: Do you have a minute?

Taylor: Okay, Ryan, what do you want to talk about?

Ryan: Well, I realized that when I talked to you yesterday on the phone, I may have been a little insensitive.

Taylor: You? Never.

Ryan: I also realize that if the Cohen's do move to Berkeley, we... we may never see each other again.

Taylor: Hadn't really thought about it.

Ryan: And when we do say good-bye, I wanted it to be as friends.

Taylor: Friends. Sure. Ryan Atwood, mon ami, sounds terif.

Todd: What is it with you people?

Seth: We're grandparents? Wow, that's, uh, that's amazing. Congratulations to Pancakes.

Summer: Yeah. Don't you think it's kind of weird that we didn't even knowPancakes was pregnant?

Seth: Well, we're not going to win any parenting awards.

Summer: I mean, we must have been pretty out of it to not even notice or care. I think we've been in kind of a...

Seth: Rut lately? Mm.

Summer: Do you really think that we can spend the next four years like this?

Seth: Well, look, I'm a pretty skeptical guy. I don't really believe in signs, but... this one's pretty easy to read. It's very easy to read. Big letters.

Summer: GEORGE?

Seth: You got to go, Summer.

Summer: But what about us?

Seth: This is for us, okay? It's for both of us.

Pastor: I, Julie Cooper, take you, Gordon Bullit...

Julie: I, Julie Cooper, take you, Gordon Bullit...

Pastor: Now, by the power vested in me, by the state...

Gordon: Oh, come on, Squirt!

Kaitlin: Frank?

Julie: Frank? Frank?

Frank: Kaitlin, hey, is your mom around?

Kaitlin: Yeah, she's kind of getting married right now.

Frank: That's what I was afraid of. Put me on speaker phone.

Kaitlin: It took you long enough.

Frank: Julie! Julie, can you hear me?

Julie: Frank, what are you doing?

Frank: I love you, Julie, and I want tobe there for you, and our son.

Summer: She's pregnant with Frank's baby?

Taylor: Who cares? This is so romantic.

Frank: Hello?

Gordon: Sorry, Frank, old buddy, we're having a hard time hearing you. Let's get on with the wedding.

Julie: I'm sorry, can... can I have a moment?

Gordon: Oh, that woman is like nailing Jell-O to the wall.

Kaitlin: Mom ?

Julie: Not now, Kaitlin. Mom's trying to figure out who to marry.

Kaitlin: I know. Which is why whatever you decide, just make sure it's what you want... because this is forever.

Patrick: So, um, Todd and I were talking and, um... I mean, look, you had a baby here, you had a wedding...

Todd: Christened one of our bedrooms...

Patrick: Clearly you have a connection. This is your house, we're just living in it.

Todd: We'll have our lawyers call you, but...

Patrick: We can't fight fate. We'll sell.

Sandy: You mean it? Thank you. You in?

Kirsten: Yeah.

Sandy: The Cohens are moving to Berkeley. Sophie, you're home!

At Cohen's

Sandy: We got to go, we got a lot of work to do.

At Roberts'

Kaitlin: Our kitchen is going to be so empty.

Julie: I know. I was kind of getting used to becoming a Cohen. My Sandy imitation was k*ller.

Julie: Well, it's just the two of us now.

Kaitlin: Yeah. It's pretty awesome that you decided to stay single. But do we have a plan?

Julie: Yeah, I was thinking we could go get mani-pedis, maybe a couple of Mystics.

Kaitlin: I was talking about, like, a real plan. A life plan.

Julie: I know. The truth is, I don't. For the first time, I am going to figure out how to do this on my own.

Kaitlin: You're not on your own. I could work retail, part-time at least.

Julie: We'll figure it out.

Kaitlin: We're Coopers.

Julie: Oh, hey, Summer forgot her books. "Undergraduate Catalog."

Parking

Ryan: All right, Roberts. I'll see you.

Summer: See you, Atwood.

Ryan: Thank you very much for Flapjacks. I promise I'll raise him right.

Summer: Well, don't forget to clean his cage, which should not be used for cage fights.

Ryan: Got it.

Taylor: Oh, my gosh, I'm going to miss you so much.

Summer: Well, you can follow up with my political efforts on my blog.

Taylor: And you can follow my personal efforts on mine. You're the best. You're the only girlfriend I ever had. I'll miss you.

Summer: You, too.

Ryan: All right. We'll be in the car. Bye.

Seth: I don't know, some of these GEORGE guys, they look so idealistic.

Summer: You got nothing to worry about. Just remember, this isn't good-bye. You're my destiny, Cohen.

Seth: Go save the world, Summer Roberts.

Summer: See you in '08 after the New Hampshire primary.

Seth: Just go.

Summer: I'm going to go.

In the train

Taylor: So you're going off to Berkeley, I'm going off to Paris. Who knows what's going to happen, huh?

Ryan: Yeah. Well, I think what's really important is what's already happened, which was this year, thank you, Taylor... you saved me.

Taylor: Well, you may have helped me iron out a few issues of my own.

Ryan: All right. Come here.

Man: All aboard!

Ryan: Remind me why you're taking the train to Paris.

Taylor: Oh, actually, I'm taking a train to New York, and from there I'm taking a boat to Paris. It's the strangest thing, but no airline would have me. Oh, you'd better get going.

Ryan: Oh, yeah, but...

Taylor: Ryan... better do that. Ryan. They're not going to let you off the train. Uh-oh.

Ryan: Where's the next station?

Taylor: San Bernardino, I think. It's an hour away.

Ryan: Ooh, we can do a lot in an hour.

Taylor: I did book a sleeper car.

At Cohen's

Sandy: That's the last of it. Here we go.

Kirsten: Fly safe and we'll see you at Parent's Day weekend.

Seth: All right.

Sandy: Two months and 14 days away.

Seth: I will be counting the days as well.

Kirsten: Oh, I love you.

Seth: I love you, too. Let's group-hug it.

Sandy: Well, I guess we'd better get going if we're going to b*at the traffic. You take care of yourself. You got the directions in case we get separated?

Ryan: Yeah, you know what? I think I'm just going to hang out. As much as this house meant to you...

Sandy: Take your time. I'll meet you at the rest stop in Santa Barbara.

Ryan: All right.

Kirsten: Time to go!

Sandy: Yep.

Ryan: I could give you a ride.

Seth: No, no, this is better. My new life of loneliness and isolation begins now.

Ryan: Ah, you're going to be fine.

Seth: Yeah, I don't know about you though. I've been doing some checking up on your new roommate. His favorite book and movie are DaVinci Code. He's no me.

Ryan: You say that like it's a bad thing.

Seth: At least I leave you funnier than when I found you.

Ryan: Yeah, I'm a lot better off than when you found me.

Seth: Me, too.

Ryan: Should we hug? I know. It's crazy.

Seth: Come on. Give me a shake, dude.

Ryan: All right.

Seth: All right. Aw. feels good in here. Oh, it felt really nice. All right. See you later.

Ryan: Yeah. All right.

FLASH-BACK

Seth: I don't know what to say, except that you totally had my back out there.

Kirsten: Ryan's going to stay with us now.

Ryan: I'll unpack later.

FLASH-BACK'S END

Manifestation

Summer: Good job, you guys. Louder! Come on!

Berkeley

Sandy: All right, what was... I think you can pretty much imagine what I'm going to talk about. That's right. I hope you know what I'm talking about. All right! Any volunteers?

Williams University

Teacher: Yes?

Kaitlin: X=24.

Then, it's Seth & Summer' wedding.

Ryan's workplace

Ryan: Yeah, I'm just leaving the site now. Everything looks good. We're on schedule to meet our target date. Thank you. Hey, kid. Need any help?

The end.