07x12 - Fracture

All episode transcripts (season 1-10) for the TV show "Smallville". Aired: October 2001 to May 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A young Clark Kent struggles to find his place in the world as he learns to harness his alien powers for good and deals with the typical troubles of teenage life in Smallville.

07x12 - Fracture

Post by bunniefuu »

"Fracture"

Original Air Date on February 14, 2008

[ Thunder rumbles ]

Lois: This weather sucks. What are we doing, Lex?

Lex: No one asked you to be here, Lois.

Lois: Trust me, I never planned on being your Sundance Kid, especially in the armpit of motor city. What makes you think Kara's here?

Lex: Her necklace emits a GPS signal. She's somewhere within 100 yards.

Lois: You Lojacked her?

Lex: She has amnesia. Who knows where she could wander if she blacked out again?

Lois: All right. Well, sail on, Columbus. I'm gonna chart my own course to find her.

[ Metal creaks ]

Lois: Kara! Are you okay?

Kara: You know me? You know who I am?

Lois: You really don't remember, do you?

Kara: This guy ... Finley ... he locked me in this room, saying he's protecting me. Can you get me out of here?

Lois: Does MacGyver blush every time he walks past me? [ Laughs ] I'll get something to jimmy the lock.

Finley: This is none of your business.

Kara: Finley, put the g*n down, okay? Let her go!

Oh! Ugh!

Finley: Hey, bald man, look, is it really worth k*lling her to get to me?

Lois: Rhetorical question, Lex!

Kara: Finley, don't do this.

Finley: I won't let you get hurt, Linda.

Ow! Ugh! Oh!

[ g*nshots ] Ugh!

Kara: [ Breathing heavily ] Lex!

Finley: I'm just gonna grab some money. And when I come back, we'll figure out what to do with her.

Kara: Yeah, okay. You okay?

Lois: Sure. What's not to regret about waking up this morning?

Kara: You called me Kara.

Lois: Kara Kent. I'm your cousin's friend Lois, whose jeans you've borrowed on more than one occasion.

Kara: Right. Lois.

Lois: Look I know you've got amnesia. You must if you think your type is jailhouse chic. What's going on?

Kara: Finley's just a busboy, that's all.

Lois: Great. This doesn't exactly look like overtime. How did we end up here?

Kara: About a couple months ago, I lost my memory. I wandered off the streets and into a diner where I met a waitress. She gave me her couch, got me my job. Everyone at the diner took me in like family.

Lois: Seems like Finley wants more than a sister.

Kara: He was usually so nice. I had no idea he could just snap. I can't believe Lex is dead.

Lois: [ Sighs ] Well, he is. And if we don't find a way out of here, we're next.

Clark: Lionel, how is he?

Lionel: He's, uh, in a coma. Thank god we got him Medavacked back here from Detroit. The, um, neurosurgeon managed to remove the b*llet. He says that there is a very strong possibility that, uh, Lex ... may never regain consciousness.

Clark: I'm sorry.

Lionel: We never had a really close relationship. A lot was said. A lot went unsaid. Clark, I know for a fact that every badge in Michigan is on this case, and still, no suspects, no witnesses. I find it hard to believe the sh**t would leave Lex in a ditch and no one would see anything. Listen, I got a friend in Detroit, a cop. He, uh, called me when I found out about Lex. He let me borrow this.

Clark: Kara's alive?

That picture was taken less than 12 hours ago.

Doctor: Excuse me, Mr. Luthor?

Lionel: Yeah.

Chloe: Clark, this is Lois' phone.

Clark: Lois, Kara, and Lex?

Chloe: Not exactly "Three's Company."

Clark: Kara's wearing a bandage. She may be hurt, which means she doesn't have her powers. And whoever Lex was dealing with wasn't playing around, which means that if Lois and Kara were with him ... then they're in danger. We need to find them.

Chloe: I'll use my healing powers on Lex, and he can tell us where Lois and Kara went.

Clark: Chloe, the last time you used your powers, I pulled you out of a morgue refrigerator.

Chloe: Yeah, and then I walked out of there with a clean bill of health and some cold feet.

Clark: Chloe, if you use your powers again, you could die, permanently.

Chloe: Or I could just be adjusting to the growing pains. I mean, we don't know. Nothing happened when I healed Jimmy. We have no choice. The only clues we have to where they might be are trapped inside Lex's mind.

[ Keyboard clacking ]

Lana: I couldn't figure out what Lex was doing in Detroit, but I may have found something even more helpful.

Clark: Project Intercept? Is it m*llitary?

Lana: LuthorCorp developed it for the m*llitary to interrogate t*rrorists by getting inside of their heads, literally. The entire projected was spearheaded by Lionel. Intercept links a suspect and interrogator's brain waves, exposing the interrogator to all the suspect's memories and thoughts.

Clark: You're saying someone could actually go into Lex's mind? Where is this thing?

Lana: LuthorCorp still owns all the equipment, but it was mothballed six months ago.

Well, I can see why. How's this for fine print? "The project worked several times but then was abandoned after three of the interrogators d*ed during implementation." Autopsies revealed that their central nervous systems were completely fried.

Clark: They're not like me. I can do this.

Lana: Clark, your body may be invincible, but who's to say your mind isn't vulnerable somehow?

Clark: It's my fault that Kara's missing.

Lana: But using technology built by Lionel Luthor? God only knows why he created that thing.

Clark: Lana, there's no other choice.

Lana: Clark, just be careful, okay?

Doctor: Sir, I watched three field officers die after their brains went into electro-neural shock. This machine is a deathtrap.

Lionel: I pay you a small fortune, Doctor, so please withhold your negative opinions. Ladies, would you please wait outside?

Clark: Lex wakes up, he'll never know I was in there, right?

Doctor: In the few successful cases, the t*rrorists had no memory of the process. Now, the freshest memories will most likely be the first ones in. The deeper you get, the greater the risk. If your brain waves show any sign of duress, I will pull you from the procedure.

Clark: I don't plan on staying in there very long.

Doctor: The software has been encoded with what you will see as a red door. That is your emergency exit. That red door, Clark ... you must never lose track of that. If we get disconnected, it's the only link between Lex's subconscious and reality.

Clark: Let's get this over with.

[ Machine whirring ]

Doctor: He's in.

[ Indistinct whispering ]

[ Indistinct whispering ]

[ Voice echoing ]

Doctor: He's entering further into the cerebral cortex.

[ Monitor beeping ]

Kara: I'm sorry that Frank screamed at you.

Finley: It's no big deal. I'm used to it. I grew up with an old man like that.

Kara: Well, you're sweet for covering, Finley. I owe you one.

Clark: Kara? Kara.

Kara: Can I warm you up?

Lex: Sure.

Kara: I'm starting to see you more than some of the regulars.

Lex: Blame it on the pie. It's by far the second best I've ever had.

Kara: Second best? I'll pass that along to the kitchen.

Give them some incentive.

Lex: Lex.

Kara: Linda.

Lex: Linda? Doesn't suit you.

Kara: Really? Who do I, uh, look like?

Lex: I don't know. Someone who doesn't belong here, that's for sure. See? There I go again with my opinions. What do I know?

Kara: Well, uh, more than you realize. You know, some days, I don't even know what I'm doing here.

Lex: Well, leave. That apron's not chained to the counter.

Kara: I don't know where else to go. It's sort of embarrassing, but, um, about a month ago, I lost my memory.

Lex: I'm sorry to hear that.

Kara: Actually, this bracelet's the only part of my past I have left.

Lex: Look, I'm not sure you'd be interested, Linda, but I know some of the best researchers in the world. Maybe one can help you.

Kara: You think they can help me get my memory back?

Lex: What are you doing here, Clark?

Clark: You can see me?

Lex: You shouldn't be here.

Clark: Lex. Please.

Lex: Get out of my head.

Clark: Lex.

Lex: Get out of my head!

Alexander: He's been trying to k*ll me as long as I can remember.

Clark: Who are you?

Alexander: I'm Alexander. Come on. We got to go.

Clark: Why would he want to k*ll you? You're the good part of him, aren't you?

Alexander: He says I make him weak. And if he finds us, he'll k*ll us both.

[ Indistinct whispering]

Clark: Look, I don't have much time. I'm looking for two women ... Kara Kent and Lois lane. Do you know where they are?

Alexander: No, but I'll start looking. In the meantime, you need to hide. This is a place Lex never visits. You'll be safe in there. Trust me, Clark. You're my best friend.

Doctor: He appears to be going in deep. If Clark's gone in too far, he might never find his way out.

Lionel: Alexander! Alexander! Alexander Luthor! What is the rule about my briefcase, Alexander?

Lex: Don't ever, ever touch it.

Lionel: Ah. And you know I can tell when it's been opened. Did you open it?

Did you?

Lex: No. I swear. Dad, I didn't touch it!

Lionel: Don't lie to me, Lex. Don't make excuses. All right. You be a man, Lex, and admit what you've done. Admit it.

Lex: But I didn't do it! I don't care about your work!

Lionel: All right, Lex. All right, if it wasn't you, then who was it, hmm? Answer me. Who opened my briefcase?! Answer me, Lex!

Lex: Mom.

[ Sobbing ] I saw her in your office going through your stuff. She told me not to say anything.

Lillian: You let go of him. I had to know the truth. Veritas ... what is it?

Lionel: Lillian, go. Go on, Lillian.

Lillian: I'm tired of the secrets. Disappearing in the middle of the night to your meetings. Please! What are you keeping from me?! What are you doing?!

Lionel: Veritas is not your concern! Ugh! You keep out of my business, Lillian.

Lex: Mom? Are you okay? I'm sorry.

Lillian: Don't, Lex. You've said enough.

Lex: Don't go.

Kara: It's beautiful. St. Anthony?

Lex: The patron saint of lost souls.

Kara: You know, Finley said all you really care about is money. But it's people, isn't it, Lex? I did my research. You're a humanitarian ... all the hospitals you've built, the scholarships you've funded.

Lex: And along the way, I've seen a lot of people get the help they need. Look, everything has been arranged. My jet's on standby to take you to your treatment.

Kara: So, this is really happening, then? Guess we'll find out if I have a fear of flying.

Lex: Whatever you find out, I'll be by your side every step of the way.

Kara: I just ... I want this to work.

Lex: Trust me. There's nothing that's lost that can't be found again.

Kara: I'm, uh ... I'm gonna go thank Finley, say goodbye to everyone.

[ Door closes ]

Lois: Quite the charmer, aren't you?

Lex: You're a little out of your way for a club sandwich, Lois. What the hell are you doing here?

Lois: Well, I figured you weren't in Detroit for the electric-car show, but I never would have guessed a secret rendezvous with Clark's cousin.

Lex: I'm helping her.

Lois: I never heard that one before.

Lex: Look, I don't expect you to understand.

Lois: You're right. I work better with visual aids. And now that I think about it, Clark does, too.

Lex: What the hell are you doing?

[ Crash, Kara screams. ]

[ Beeping ]

Lionel: What is it? What's happening?

Doctor: The E.E.G. ... It's showing delta-wave entrainment. They're in phase.

Lionel: You're nervous. Why?

Doctor: The subject is in too deep. We've never been able to get anyone back from this point.

Lionel: All right. All right, all right. Terminate the procedure. Pull Clark out ... now.

Doctor: I already tried. He's trapped, Mr. Luthor. As long as their brain waves are synchronized, I can't separate them. Now it's up to Clark to exit on his own.

[ Monitor beeping ]

Lex: I always knew there was a voyeur lurking behind that telescope.

Clark: Look, I don't want any trouble.

Lex: Forgive me. I've been a terrible host. Let me give you the grand tour. Wait. It's just getting good.

Lana: [ Laughs ] I will always love you.

Lex: You hear that, Clark? She'll always love me.

Ugh!

Alexander: Clark! I found your friends.

[ Indistinct whispering]

Lionel: [ Echoing ] Don't lie to me. Come on. Come on.

[ Thunder rumbles ]

[ g*nshots ]

Clark: Alexander! I know where they are!

[ Gasping ]

Alexander: Clark. He'll ... k*ll me.

Lex: You are pitiful.

I don't want to go with you!

[ Monitor beeping ]

[ Beeps rapidly, flatlines ]

Lex is fading. If we lose him, we lose them both. We have four minutes to bring him back before brain death.

No. Charge. Clear!

Let go of me!

Doctor: Clear! Ugh!

Chloe: What's taking so ... long? Oh, my god.

Doctor: Three, two ... charge. Clear!

Lionel: You shouldn't be in here, Miss Sullivan.

Chloe: What's happening? Why are they not waking Clark up?

Lionel: He's in Lex's mind. He's trapped.

If Lex dies, then Clark dies with him.

Doctor: Sir ... we've lost him.

Chloe: I can save him.

Lionel: How?

Chloe: Just trust me, Mr. Luthor. I can.

Lex: Ugh! You're holding me back, Alexander.

Alexander: Stop. Please.

Lex! It's time to say goodbye.

No!

[ Monitor flatlining ]

Agh!

Clark: Go now! Run!

[ Laughing maniacally ]

Alexander: Clark! Don't go.

Clark: I have to.

Alexander: But you're the only friend I've ever had.

Clark: All right, let's make a promise. Promise me that we will see each other again.

[ Voice breaking]

Alexander: I promise, Clark.

Clark: Promise me this, too ... that you will never stop fighting. You're stronger than you think.

Alexander: How do you know?

Clark: Because you're my friend. And now I know you're here, so I will always keep an eye out for you. I'll always be here for you.

[ Monitor beeping ]

Clark: I know where they are. Chloe. What happened?

Lionel: We need a doctor.

Clark: No, no, no. No doctors. Just get her to her apartment.

Lionel: Clark, she's barely alive.

Clark: Trust me, doctors can do nothing for her. Just get her home.

[ Air whooshes ]

Kara: Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Lois: When your dad locks your car in storage because you snuck out to see your boyfriend's band, you learn a few tricks.

[ Lock clicks ]

Lois: Bingo.

[ Lock clangs ]

[ Vehicle approaching ]

Kara: Oh, my god, he's back.

Lois: We're gonna have to find another way out. I think the gate's up ahead.

Finley: After everything that I have done for you?

Lois: Look, before you get all trigger-happy again, let's be rational.

Finley: I am rational. But I just k*lled a man. This isn't how it was supposed to happen. Linda, I just wanted to protect you. I know what it's like to start over. People take advantage of you. They look at you different. I am different.

Kara: And I'm not Linda.

Finley: What are you doing?

Kara: If you want to k*ll Lois, you'll have to k*ll me.

Finley: If you don't come with me, guess you're gonna turn me in. And I can't go back to prison, Linda.

[ Metal creaking ]

[ Air whooshes ]

[ Siren wailing ]

Lionel: You had us worried today. How you feeling?

Lex: That's the problem, Dad. I feel fine. What's going on? I'm admitted here with a b*llet in my head, and now there's not so much as a scratch on me.

Lionel: You can thank your friend ... Oliver Queen ... the healing technology developed by Queen Laboratories. You of all people should remember that.

Lex: I was under the impression that all the serum was destroyed.

Lionel: Yeah, all but a single dose, which I salvaged ... for myself, if I should ever need it.

Lex: But you gave it to me?

Lionel: You sound surprised. You're my son. You think I'd stand there and watch you die?

Lex: Honestly, Dad, I ... I don't know.

Lionel: Today, I realized when ... there is something I was afraid that I would never have the chance to tell you.

Lex: Yeah? And what's that?

Lionel: I love you, Lex ... my son.

Clark: Here you go.

Chloe: Thanks. Lois didn't, uh ... see me, you know, dead, did she?

Clark: No, she had to sh**t back to the planet to write a story about what happened in Detroit.

Chloe: [ Scoffs ] Yeah, Lex will k*ll that story in a heartbeat.

Clark: Speaking of heartbeats, you didn't have one for over 18 hours.

Chloe: Look, I was hoping we could skip the lecture and go straight to the "welcome back" dinner. I'm starving.

Clark: It's 15 hours longer than the last time, Chloe. I've been sitting here, literally, trying to think about what to say at your funeral.

Chloe: Well, let's both be glad that I'm alive, 'cause I know how much you hate giving speeches.

Clark: Chloe, I appreciate what you did for me. It goes beyond friendship. But you can never do it again.

Chloe: Clark, I have the power to save people's lives. Now, obviously, I am the last person who thought she would drag Lex back from the clutches of death, but it was my decision to make.

Clark: Of course it was.

Chloe: But, you know, you're not wrong. I mean, as great as this power is, it does come with a lot of consequences. And I think that one of the responsibilities for both of us is ... staying alive. You know, maybe I am pushing my luck with this whole death thing. I mean, it is death, after all.

Clark: Does that mean you're never gonna use your abilities again?

Chloe: It means I'm more confused now than ever. Out of the entire catalog of meteor abilities, why was I the one chosen to be in charge of such an amazing gift?

Lex: It's like a reflex. I see you and start defending myself.

Clark: That's what guilt does to a person. Now, what were you doing in Detroit with Kara?

Lex: I was trying to help her.

Clark: And she ended up kidnapped? You knew she had amnesia.

Lex: Sure, once she told me. That's when I volunteered my help.

Clark: Did it ever occur to you to pick up a phone and call me?

Lex: I did call ... twice. Lana hung up on me before I could get a word out.

Clark: Do you even know when you're lying anymore?

Lex: You know, I've stopped pretending to care whether or not you believe me, so why don't you?

Clark: Because I do care, Lex. And there's a side of you that knows what's right.

Lex: Wow. Now, what would I do without Clark Kent, voice of reason?

Clark: That voice isn't me, Lex. It's you. There's still good inside of you. Let that voice lead you back to it.

Lex: I didn't know it would only take a brush with death to see your softer side.

Clark: Trust me, Lex, there's nothing that's lost that can't be found again.

Lex: Anything good?

Kara: Um ... I don't know. Supposedly, this is one of my favorite songs, and I don't even remember how it goes. Lex, I saw what happened. You were bleeding.

Lex: I told you, I know some talented doctors.

Kara: Obviously you do. So, I guess I used to work here. I wonder if they'll give me my job back.

Lex: Well, I think the owner will understand.

Kara: Thank you for meeting me. I mean, home isn't feeling very ...

Lex: Familiar?

Kara: Yeah. I mean, Clark seems like a really nice guy and everything, but I can't help but feeling he's hiding something from me.

Lex: [ Chuckles ] As his former best friend, I know the feeling all too well.

Kara: See, Clark didn't even mention that you guys were friends. What happened?

Lex: I grew up. Kara I'm not interested in keeping secrets. This treatment will help you get your memories back, and with it, we'll get the truth ... ... once and for all.