10x04 - Homecoming

All episode transcripts (season 1-10) for the TV show "Smallville". Aired: October 2001 to May 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A young Clark Kent struggles to find his place in the world as he learns to harness his alien powers for good and deals with the typical troubles of teenage life in Smallville.

10x04 - Homecoming

Post by bunniefuu »

"Homecoming"

Original Air Date on October 15th, 2010

Kara: A darkness has come to Earth, this isn't your fight.

Clark: I'm not going to stand here and do nothing.

Kara: You've been on Earth all this time and you can't even fly.

Oliver: The woman that I uh-that I love, she sacrificed everything to protect me.

Bugboy: I'll eat, then I'll mold, and then I'll mate.

Braniac: I am the brain interactive construct, do not underestimate me.

[ Electricity, Brainiac yells in pain ]

Lois: It is safer for you if you're in the shadows, it's safer for all the heroes.

Oliver: Maybe people deserve to know the truth. I am Green Arrow.

Godfrey: There is darkness in you and great power. You're afraid you'll never be the hero you want to be.

Jor-El: You will never be Earth's savior.

Clark: [ Quietly ] Question. [ Throws magazine on the desk ] Maybe you're right Jor-El, maybe I'm not the one. Maybe none of us are. [ Footsteps ] Lois. Um, sorry I've been kind of out of it lately, I left you a message.

Lois: Yeah, 3 days ago, feeling better?

[ Clark slightly nods ]

Lois: Well no worries, you didn't miss anything in the news department.

Clark: Okay.

Lois: Seems the Blur took a little vacation this week too.

Clark: There must be something going around.

Lois: Hmm. [ Lois notices the magazine ] Hero haters, just when you think the world couldn't get more upside down, right?

[ Clark turns the magazine around ]

Clark: People probably don't want to put their hope in someone who is going to let them down.

Lois: He never would, let us down. The Blur, I mean, this person for one is going to stand by her hero no matter how much mud they sling.

Clark: Why?

Lois: Because, that's what you do when you believe in someone. [ Lois clears throat ] You know what you need? A pick me up. [ Throws football at Clark ]

Clark: Thanks Lois, but I don't think playing quarterback is going to make my day.

Lois: Depends on the cheerleader. [ Both smile ] Come on, did you forget? Tomorrow's our Smallville High reunion.

Clark: Wha-Did you say our reunion?

Lois: Yes.

Clark: You were enrolled there for like ... .

Lois: 23 days.

Clark: You showed up for 5.

Lois: That's a record in my book. Smallville's the closest thing to a pass that this m*llitary brat has, and I am not going to miss it. We don't have to be dating to show up at a reunion together.

Clark: A lot of memories there for me.

Lois: Come on, Clark. It would mean a lot to me, seeing all those familiar faces it was like I had a place, like I fit in. And you, I mean, you put the Smallville in Smallville, Smallville. Besides, what's the worst thing that could happen?

[ Clark chuckles lightly ]

Counselor: I've wasted a decade picking up the pieces from meteor mutant students, how do I get into college with a criminal record? [ Scoffs ] You can't, freak. See, I have spent years hearing their stories, and-and no-no matter how crazy they are, they always mention one person; you, [ Grabs doll ] Clark Kent. So nice of you to come back to the reunion, save me a trip. Looks like your bill is up, and it is time for you to pay.

[ Wind blows and stops ]

[ Footsteps ]

[ Brainiac injects with his finger on the counselors head ]

Brainiac: It's time to move on from the past, leave Clark Kent to me.

[ Credits roll in ]

[ Car door opens and closes ]

Clark: Just haven't been back in a while.

Lois: Ooh, [ Waves ] There's Eddie from chem class. Hey. Oh and Jake and the cupcake girl are together now. Hi, [ waves ] Sally 'pep rally' Dickinson has put on a few.

Clark: Lois, I don't really have a good feeling about all of this.

[ Clark and Lois knock into the counselor ]

[ Clark goes to pick up books and has a flashback ]

Lana: Nietzsche, didn't realize you had a dark side Clark.

Clark: Doesn't everybody?

Lana: Yeah, I guess so. So what are you, man or superman?

[ Flashback ends, Clark picks up books ]

Counselor: Well, look who it is, Clark Kent, have I got something for you; a hug. [ laughs and hugs Clark ]

Clark: Um, thanks.

Counselor: Oh, now don't leave early, we've got a special treat for you.

Lois: A couple more hugs and maybe you'll have to bahumbug some stuff.

[ Car reveals Greg the Bugboy ]

Lady: Welcome back everyone,isn't this great? I have the whole day mapped out for you.

Lois: Adelia, Laney, Lois Lane chess club. I sat through an entire game once.

Lady: Whatever.

[ The girls all leave ]

Lois: Mark, hey Mark [ hits him on the shoulder ] Smokin' times huh?

Mark: Do I know you?

Lois: Like you don't remember all of us behind the gym on a smoke break, I mean I was chewing gum at the time but, really? Nothing?

Clark: Hey, Lois let's uh go inside.

Suzanne: Clark. [ Chuckles ] I can't believe you're here, what happened to the bumbling nerd?

Clark: Susan Capra.

Suzanne: Suzanne, actually. [ Chuckles playfully ] You always mixed us up.

Clark: Well you haven't change a bit.

Suzanne: Buck, buck, crow.

[ Lois raises eyebrows ]

Lois: Oh.

Suzanne: Oh, here you go. [ Hands Clark his name tag. ]

Clark: Thank you.

Suzanne: Are you his plus one?

[ Lois has an annoyed expression on ]

Lois: I went to school here people. [ Looks at the name tags ] Lane, Lane, Lane, Lane. [ Notices Lana's name tag, and clears throat ] Lang. Whoa, [ Shows name tag to Clark ] old flames. I should've known this would happen, I haven't seen her since your barn when we were about to ...

Clark: She's not coming.

[ Lois nods ]

Lois: I forgot how many memories you have here.

[ Clark notices Chloe's name tag ]

[ Clark opens door ]

[ Clark see's flashback ]

Chloe: It started out as a scrapbook and just kind of mutated.

Clark: What is it?

Chloe: I call it the Wall of Weird. So what do you think?

[ Flashback ends ]

Lois: Clark. I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have brought you back here.

Zoe: Oh my god. You are friends with Chloe Sullivan.

Kid: Yeah, what happened to her? I mean she was the rising star of the Daily Planet like she always dreamed and now ...

Zoe: It's like she just vanished. Like someone found out that she knew too much.

Kid: Mm.

Lois: Looks like somebody took a bite out of Chloe's conspiracy cookie.

Clark: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Chloe couldn't make it.

Zoe: Wait a minute, I know you, you're Lois Lane.

Lois: Yes, thank you.

Zoe: You dated the Green Arrow, aka Oliver, Oliver [ together in unison ] Queen. What's it like to date a a real superhero?

Lois: It-it was really quick it just-just a flash but I-I would date one again in a heartbeat. [ Smiles ]

Clark: So this is all that's left of the Torch.

Kid: Are you kidding? We carry the Torch with us everyday, everything you need to know about the mysterious and the unexplained.

Zoe: The Wall of Weird has gone viral.

[ Shows phone ]

Clark: The Blur.

Lois: What?

Zoe: Okay, promise not to tell anyone?

Kid: Okay, we have a theory, that the Blur was born ...

Zoe: And raised ... .

Zoe and Kid: [ In unison ] In Smallville.

Lois: Okay, I think your virtual weird wall has left you a push-pin short.

Zoe: You're the one who writes about him, you seriously never considered that all of these miraculous saves that Chloe wrote about in the Torch started right before the Blur showed up in Metropolis.

Kid: Yeah.

Clark: I wouldn't waste anymore time on the Blur. Seems like he's gone away and I'm not so sure he'll be back.

Lois: I think, what Clark is trying to say is that it's great that the Blur has been there to be a role model for kids like you to look up to, I mean how many people in the world has he inspired?

Kid: Exactly. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't show up for the reunion. I mean, he would have stolen your thunder Clark.

Clark: What thunder?

Lady: Okay crows, give it up for your alumni homecoming king, Clark Kent.

[ Cheering ]

Lois: Now this is the homecoming I'm talking about. Thank God you sweeped up that state championship in your senior year.

[ Cheering ]

[ Clark looks annoyed but notices Greg ]

[ Everything stops ]

[ Door opens, Brainiac enters ]

Brainiac: My sincere apologies for interrupting this festive trip down memory lane.

Clark: Brainiac. I thought we destroyed you.

Brainiac: Hmm.

Clark: But if you want with me, leave these people alone.

Brainiac: Oh don't worry, I'm only here for you. I want to slow things down, make sure you can soak in the special moment.

Clark: And what's so special about this one?

Brainiac: This is the moment that your life changes forever.

[ Flash and they are gone ]

[ Cheering continues ]

[ Lois notices Clark is gone but continues to pretend smiling ]

[ Flash of light ]

Clark: I don't know if you're a ghost from my past or the darkness that Jor-El warned me about, but this will come to an end, just like it did the last time.

Brainiac: I hope so for your sake.

Clark: For my sake? You sent the person that I love away, you tried to destroy Chloe, you tried to destroy the world.

Brainiac: And you saved me from all of that, Kal-El. I've come back to do the same for you.

[ Shows Legion ring to Clark ]

Clark: The Legion? You're from the future?

[ Brainiac nods ]

Clark: What'd you do to them?

Brainiac: I joined them. In the 31st century I'm known as Brainiac 5. Brain, time travel, all my creations, they brought the Legion into a new realm of heroism.

Clark: They helped me destroy you.

Brainiac: Nope, they helped you cure me. The problem is Kal-El, you and I aren't very different. We were both created one way or another by Jor-El. Both intended to save civilizations, to bring peace to a brutal world. But neither of us was immune to corruption through darkness.

Clark: But, what does that mean? All of a sudden everyones telling me that I have a darkness within me, but I don't understand what it is or how I'm supposed to change it. You destroyed cities, I may not make the right decisions but at least I'm trying to save people.

Brainiac: Then let me show you Kal-El. We can't always see it in ourselves. My corruption started with a nanobit. [ Scoffs ] Smaller than the eye can see, but that's all it took.

[ Brainiac walks revealing Clarks memory/flashback of his fathers funeral ]

Clark: My father's funeral. If you're trying to save me somehow why show me this?

Brainiac: Because this was a defining moment for you, perhaps the defining moment. The day you started to blame yourself.

Clark: Why wouldn't I? I chose to change fate it was my fault that he d*ed.

Brainiac: Was it?

[ Dark light goes in, another memory fades in of Clark's father fighting with Lionel ]

[ Lionel is thrown breaking the wood ]

Clark: Dad.

Johnathan: I won't let you destroy my family.

[ Picks Lionel up and chucks him across the table ]

Johnathan: We can withstand anything you bring down on us, because we have each other. It's what will always separate the Kents from the Luthors. [ Sniffs ] Now why don't you get ... [ Starts having a heart att*ck, groans in pain ]

Brainiac: You can't change his fate Kal-El.

Clark: He was just protecting me.

Brainiac: And that was his choice. When it happens this day or any other day, Johnathan set his own destiny at the motion, you know that. You just won't let yourself believe it.

[ Car approaches ]

Brainiac: Why won't you forgive yourself?

Clark: He didn't have a choice. He's my father, of course he'd sacrifice anything to protect me.

Brainiac: We always have a choice, Kal-El. Your father didn't have to care for you the way he did, and still he made that choice everyday he was with you. He chose to be your protector. Just as you've chosen to be the Earth's protector. Nobody forced that on you, yet you've embraced it nobody made that choice for you. We all choose our own fate.

[ Grabs Clark and memory fades into Oliver's apartment ]

[ TV in the distant ]

Lady [ Over TV ]: Fans and protesters alike are in an outcry for the playboy turned Green Arrow, Oliver Queen. Who dropped his shocking announcement and has since vanished from society.

Man [ Over TV ]: I got kids, what happens when they grow up and they want to be vigilantes like him?

Girl [ Over TV ]: It's great he's helping people, but we can't all ...

Clark: This isn't a memory.

Brainiac: No it isn't. [ Sighs ] It's the present.

Man [ Over TV ]: All along, we can't trust him.

Clark: If you're trying to make me feel guilty about something, you just said that we control our own fate, Oliver made his own decision to come out to the public, he didn't think what it would mean to the rest of us.

Lady [ Over TV ]: Oliver Queen, if you really are the hero that you say you are, don't you think it's time to face the public? We're waiting for some answers.

[ Oliver turns the TV off, clicks button to talk over intercom ]

Oliver: Any calls?

Girl: Where do you want to start? Uh, CNN, BBC, Dr. Phil?

Oliver: No, I mean any calls?

Girl: Oh, um, I'm sorry sir Mr. Kent hasn't left a word.

[ Oliver looks sad and clicks off the intercom ]

Clark: [ Sighs ] He's always so 'Oliver' I didn't know that he needed me.

Brainiac: But he does.

Clark: But I don't know how not returning his calls amounts to some darkness within me.

Brainiac: You don't see it, the darkness is the past, and you hold onto it;

you dwell, you punish yourself and everyone around you for past mistakes.

Clark: I've had the privilege of mistakes. Even if we don't expect perfection from ourselves the rest of the world does, you heard what they said.

Brainiac: Then help Oliver be who he can be. Today, tomorrow, be there for him now and stop punishing him for his past with your silence and your distance. Let it go.

[ White flash, they are back at the dance ]

[ Soft music playing ]

Lois: Which one of these has the 'punch' in it? If you know what I mean.

Maddie: Sorry? We have lemonade and strawberryade.

Lois: Yeah but, strawberryade.

Maddie: Lois, huh, so who you here with?

Lois: I'm an alum. [ Shows name tag ] Lois Lane. [ Maddie looks confused ] I'm with Clark Kent.

Maddie: Really? Oh, I just always thought Clark was so dreamy you know? [ Lois nods ] That farmboy next door turned local football hero. Doesn't get any bigger then that. [ Laughs ] Funny, I always thought he and Chloe were meant for each other, they had that whole best friend with the hope of more thing.

[ Lois nods clearly annoyed at Maddie ]

Lois: Chloe's my cousin.

Maddie: Yeah, [ Sighs ] But then there was Lana [ Clark is clearly nervous looking at the two ] I mean how gorgeous can you get, right? And hard working, I mean how many cheerleaders run a coffee shop in high school? [ Sighs ] Lana and Clark were perfect, you know that first love you never get over it.

[ Lois is clearly hurt ]

Lois: I think I hear the veggie platter calling.

Maddie: Wait, so you're not hitched to Clark?

Lois: Not exactly.

Maddie: Are you engaged?

Lois: Nope.

Maddie: Oh, how long have you been seeing each other?

Lois: Well we're not really, right now.

Maddie: So, you're the moth not the flame. Are you sure he likes you?

[ Maddie leaves a sad Lois ]

Brainiac: Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you care about Lois don't you?

Clark: All I've ever done was protect her after what happened with Lana.

Brainiac: Interesting outcome. Lois doesn't seem especially protected. You spend so much time dwelling on the darkness of what happened in the past you're missing the present that's right in front of your eyes.

[ Door opens ]

Clark: It's one of the people I put away in high school, you don't know what he's capable of. I need to get back.

Brainiac: To do what? [ I don't know what is said in this bit] hang up your shield.

Bugboy: I have a message for Clark Kent.

Clark: [ angry voice ] Give me the ring.

Brainiac: Wait for the moment. [ Clark grabs his hand ] No Kal-El, you haven't learned the whole lesson.

[ Flash, Clark is transported to the future ]

[ Elevator dings ]

Man: Whoa, buddy.

[ Newspaper reveals the future ]

[ Clark bumps into 'future Lois' ]

Lois: Hey, watch it!

Clark: Lois. How? ... .

Lois: Not again. Come on [ Pulls Clark into phone booth ]

Clark: Wha ... -

Lois: Seriously, I know we agreed that we would keep our professional lives to ourselves, but what kind of secret story got you to dress up day? Here, hold this, and honey I know that you don't like them but you were the one that decided you wanted to wear them. [ places glasses on Clark ] And lucky for you I have a spare.

[ Clark tries to take them off ]

Lois: Hey, I know that you're not fashion forward, but if it ain't broke honey don't fix it.

[ They get super close and Clark is about to kiss Lois ]

Lois: Seriously, Clark I-I thought we agreed on a Daily Planet dress code. [ Sighs ]

Clark: Lois, wait how did you get here? I need to know about the reunion.

Lois: You-we need to table this all until later. [ Opens door ] We cannot have people thinking things. [ Phone beeps ] Perry, what the hell how many times have I told you that Trup can find his own sources?

Lady: Told you it's not him, it's just the guy from the 8th floor.

[ Clark sits on a desk realizing it's smaller then his size ]

Jeff: Kent, what are you doing?

Clark: This is my desk.

Jeff: Not for years, unless somebody's been seriously demoted.

Clark: Years?

[ Clark notices the name tag on the desk says 'Jeff' ]

Lois: Clark? What are you doing?

Clark: Lois, we need to talk.

[ Clark opens door ]

Lois: Uh, gloat all you want but those names are getting flipped the second the boys from ops do a flyby.

[ Clark sighs, throws glasses on desk ]

Lois: Clark, Clark, what is going on with you today? It's like you've never been here before.

Clark: I haven't Lois. I'm from another time.

Lois: [ Sighs ] No kidding, Clark, you're from a different planet. That's not exactly a newsflash.

Clark: What did you say?

Lois: I didn't mean to come off so 'Lois' it's just that sometimes when you get pensive I know that it's because you have the whole last son of Krypton thing weighing on your shoulders. Okay, but thats why you got me, okay to remind you that if you were going to crash land your spaceship anywhere, you couldn't have chosen better people to find you then the Kents. So you need to snap out of it.

[ Clark sits down confused by it all ]

Lois: Wait, I know what this is about, I forgot again didn't I? [ Grabs calendar ] Our anniversary.

Clark: Our anniversary?

Lois: Oh don't play dumb, you always hold it over me; the day you told me, the day you finally trusted me. It was-it was romantic and it was the perfect day and okay I-I always forget about it until the last minute but I swear it is not until ... [ looks at calendar ] see [ points it out ] I told you. So what is it?

[ Sits Clark down ]

Lois: Wait a minute, oh no, kryptonite again. [ Checks eyes ] Blue? Red? Not Green. Please tell me it's not the black because that was a disaster.

Clark: Look I just, I need the Legion ring. Lois do you know where it is?

Lois: Is that a joke Clark? Touch it once, shame on you, touch it twice, shame on me. And actually, [ Grabs Clarks hand to check the time ] I could really use it right now because we have to be on opposite sides of town in ten minutes, and unlike you, I have to drive. I can't keep the mayor waiting.

[ Opens door ]

Clark: Lois, I'm not supposed to be here.

Lois: I know we're late.

Clark: Late, Lois I need to get back. Look the Legion ring is the only way to do it.

Lois: Back? [ Clark nods ] Okay listen why don't you check your trunk of chutchkeys at the farm, isn't that where you keep all your go-to phantom catchers and Fortress disks and stuff? And if you need me, I am there, no deadline is more important then you, okay?

[ Pushes Clark and slaps his butt ]

Lois: Going up, you're going down. [ Does round circles over eyes ]

Future Clark: She's a handful isn't she?

Future Clark: You're right on time.

Clark: You knew I'd be here.

[ Future Clark nods ]

Future Clark: Time travel, think it through.

Clark: 'Cause you were me when you went through this, and I'm ... .

Future Clark: Well done my man.

Clark: How did I become so uptight and nerdy?

Future Clark: There's not time to chat about how, where, and why. We've been through weirder things, I need you on the roof.

Clark: When did I start taking orders?

Future Clark: There's a nuclear reactor about to blow in an abandoned plain on the outside of town. Now I can't be two places at once.

Clark: But if you knew it was going to happen why didn't you stop it?

Future Clark: You never would've experienced this and you never would've become me.

Clark: [ Sarcastic voice ] That's too bad.

[ Door opens ]

Future Clark: Roof now!

[ Air whoosh ]

Clark: That's what I become.

[ Blast sounds ]

[ Air whooshes over the city ]

Lois: [ over radio ] Mayday, mayday. We've lost control, we are going down. Mayday, mayday [ Man speaking indistinctly ]

[ Alarm blaring ]

[ Air whoosh, helicopter stops falling ]

[ Lois notices it's Clark and punches man ]

Lois: What are you doing? [ does round circles over eyes ]

[ Clark smiles, opening the door ]

[ Clark helps Lois down ]

Lois: I don't know what's gotten into you but there is a pilot with a raging migraine when he wakes up who wishes you could've at least thrown on the cape.

[ Clark smiles ]

Clark: Lois, you're protecting my secret.

[ They kiss ]

Lois: What else was I going to do? I would do anything for you, hardly news flash.

[ Clark chuckles lightly ]

Lois: Thank you.

[ They kiss once more ]

Lois: Oh, you drive me crazy.

Clark: I guess I should get going.

Lois: [ sighs ] Right, obviously. Busy day for a superhero. Don't be late, dinner reservations at 7.

[ Opens door ]

Brainiac: Not every man is destined to find a woman like Lois.

Clark: She's definitely one of a kind. I know why you sent me here now.

Brainiac: I had intended to be here with you but you interfered with the ring.

Clark: You wanted me to see how things would be with Lois, and flying.

Brainiac: I wanted you to see that your darkness lies not only in dwelling upon the past but in fearing the future.

Clark: I always hoped my life would be like this. With Lois, with all of it. 'Cause lately i've stopped believing that it could actually happen.

Brainiac: Well that's up to you isn't it? You don't need to worry about the future Kal-El, you can see that it's just fine, as long as you shed the way of the past. It's just the next time you decide to defy me, don't strand me back in the dark ages.

[ Both smile, flash of light taking them back to the dance ]

Bugboy: I have a message for Clark Kent.

Lois: Yeah? How about don't leave your date with punchbowl Maddie. [ Shrugs ]

Bugboy: Something tells me it's for good reason, you know Clark is the reason a lot of us are still here.

Lois: Oh?

Bugboy: I kind of got caught up in my web of obsession, he set me straight. It's not every place that has a hometown hero like Clark Kent.

[ Lois nods ]

Lois: That's the kind of guy he is. [ smiles ]

Bugboy: Just tell him, tell him thank you.

Clark: I guess you're right. I've been so buried by the mistakes of my past and so worried about the responsibilities of the future I lost sight of the present.

Brainiac: A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. Just remember that Kal-El.

[ Light flashes and Brainiac is gone ]

[ Clark touches Lois's shoulder ]

[ Lois smiles and Clark leads her to the dance floor ]

[ Light and music turns off ]

Lady: Thank you all for coming, we'll see you all back here in another 5 years.

Clark: Sorry.

Lois: That's okay, who wants to dance anyway right? You saved me the blisters Smallville. Besides you know what? I have an early deadline tomorrow, why put off till tomorrow what you could do today?

Clark: You're quite a handful Lois Lane.

[ Lois grabs his hand ]

Lois: Look whose talking.

Clark: You were right dad, I never stopped blaming myself for what happened to you. It was a way not to have to let go. It's exactly what I have to do to move on, getting rid of the darkness of my past I've been carrying around. To be there for the people who need me now. I seem to hold onto Smallville. I will, I won't ever forget; 'Cause you'll be with me no matter where I go. I have to say the one thing I never could; [ Grabs a piece of grass on the ground and lifts it placing the watch underneath ] Goodbye dad. I promise to be the man you know I could be.

Lady: You're all set.

Man: Alright settle down people, we're close. And 3, 2, action.

Reporter: Good morning Metropolis, we have a very special show for you this morning. We have an exclusive interview with a very special guest who needs no introduction, Metropolis' infamous badboy and self admitted practicing vigilante Oliver Queen. Or should I say, the Green Arrow? What's on your answering machine?

Oliver: Yeah that's ... .

Reporter: It's not every day a billionaire admits to parading around in leather playing cops and robbers. Why do it? Seriously? Were you just getting too bored sitting around counting your money, decided to play dress up and it just stuck? Or how does that work, exactly?

Oliver: Huh.

Reporter: I think our audience would like some answers.

[ Oliver notices Clark ]

Oliver: I lost someone, she meant everything to me.

Reporter: So, for that you want what? A merit badge, and special rights?

Oliver: No. No, you're right I'm not special, this isn't about who I am it's about what I do. And-and I don't think I'm the first rich boy who felt that way. It was John F. Kennedy who once said "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

Reporter: So now you're-you're comparing yourself to a fallen hero of this country?

Oliver: Well why not? He saw the hero in all of us. I'm not dwelling on revenge for past atrocity's or looking ahead to what I can purposefully gain from a few tax breaks, drilling oil wells in the ocean, putting up razor wired fences to keep out immigrants who only want what our grandparents wanted. In this world of arm chaired bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something, right here, right now for the city, for my country. [ Oliver looks over at Clark and smiles ] And I'm not doing it alone, you're damn right I'm a hero.

[ Phone beeps showing a message reading 'Glad to see you're carrying my Torch ... CS' ]

[ The kids looked amazed ]

Lois: Clark.

[ lights and music turn on ]

Lois: Not that I'm an interior designer but one of these things doesn't exactly go with the other.

Clark: Sorry we missed our dance.

Lois: [ Shakes head ] You don't need to worry about me, Clark. [ Shrugs ] If anybody understands deadlines and urgent things, it's me.

Clark: I'm not worried about you. I've missed you.

Lois: Oh. Well, I-I don't know. Neither of us are primed for Dancing with the Stars, and speaking strictly as friends I don't know if this is such a good idea.

Clark: Lois, get over here.

Lois: I'm not sure how we're going to make this work, without the jukebox nostalgia and the balloons and ...

Clark: Lois.

Lois: Shut up?

[ Clark nods ]

Lois: Right, shut up.

[ They start dancing ]

Lois: Ow! [ Lois chuckles ]

Clark: Sorry.

Lois: Hey, I'm the one who put my feet under yours.

Clark: No, but I ... .

[ Lois shakes her head as if saying it's okay ]

Lois: It's fine.

Clark: [ Grabs Lois ] Let's just try this.

[ Lois put her feet on top of Clark's ]

[ Both smile ]

Clark: I love you.

Lois: [ She smiles giddily ] I love you too.

[ Clark smiles giddily ]

Lois: Clark, theres something that we need to talk about.

Clark: Just for now, can we leave tomorrow till tomorrow? And just have this?

[ Lois nods ]

Lois: Mmhmm.

[ Clark floats almost as if flying with Lois in his hands ]