05x16 - Reprisal

All episode transcripts for the TV show "Alias". Aired: September 2001 to May 2006*
Watch or Buy on Amazon

Sydney Bristow is an international spy recruited out of college and trained for espionage and self-defense.

05x16 - Reprisal

Post by bunniefuu »

Travelling of the Prophet5’s pictures from the bunker.

SYDNEY VOICEOVER: The first time I learned of Prophet5, my fiancé was gunned down in front of me. It turns out, he wasn't the first. They k*lled anyone who got too close. They'd infiltrated the highest levels of governments and the inner sanctums of intelligence agencies. They appeared to control entire sectors of technology, finance, defence. We believed they were run by a group of Twelve...whose power was everywhere and nowhere. Because no one knew who they were... Until now. I've lived with secrets all my life. And I'm done.

Using the collected Prophet Five documentation, the APO team spreads out across the globe to identify its members and prepare for a mass arrest…

Sydney (Australia). Sydney dressed with a light dress style leopard goes to a very smart bar located in the hall of a hotel.

BARMAN: I don't believe I've seen you here before.

SYDNEY: Vodka martini, please. Dry. (She looks at a prophet5 member near here). I've got visual confirmation.

JACK: (com) Copy that. I'm standing by.

SYDNEY: (With a camera hidden in its lipstick she takes a photograph) (com) Got it.

JACK: Understood. Good work.

She was about to leave when she hears…

WAITER: Mr. Kheel, Ms. McMullen, of course. Your party is waiting. Right this way.

SYDNEY: (com) this is Phoenix, do you read?

JACK: (com) go ahead.

SYDNEY: Kheel and McMullen, I remember those names. They're in the Prophet5 archive.

JACK: Pulling it up now. McMullen and Kheel, You're right. They're members of Prophet5.

SYDNEY: (com) they’re here.

JACK: (com) Can you get their picture?

SYDNEY: (com) I think so. I'll have to improvise.

JACK: (com) don’t risk blowing your cover.

SYDNEY: (com) I won't.

Rome. Dixon is in a taxi cab. He observes a woman on other side of the street.

JACK: (com) Outrigger, what's your status?

DIXON: (com) I'm in position.

JACK: (com) Copy, any sign of your target?

DIXON: (com) Standing by… Come on! Turn around.

A GUY: I need to get across town fast.

DIXON: Sorry I’m off duty.

A GUY: Do me a favour, Will you? I just --

DIXON: -- Get out of here. (Angry the man walks away and Dixon takes a photo of the woman) Target acquired. I'm done here.

Bangkok, Marshall is in a sauna with other men.

MARSHALL: (To another man) I got a nasty skin condition. Trust me, you do not wanna see me without my shirt. It's not a...it's not a pretty, uh, a pretty sight. (A new man enters and Marshall takes a photograph) Ti flies in the old...steam room. Has it really been six minutes? It feels like...two. I'm gonna run. Nice talking with you. (With a friendly way, Marshall touches the shoulder of his neighbour) Sorry.

Siberia, by night: A diplomatic car arrives near the control passage where Thomas stands. Tom is in the Russian army uniform.

TOM: (com) Son of a bitch. Why do I always get the assignments that involve hypothermia?

JACK: (com) 'Cause you're always late to briefings..

TOM: Papers. (He looks at the men and makes with his special pen a scan over ID picture and information)

MAN: Problem?

TOM: Yeah, there is. I’m freezing my ass off.

London: Vaughn is in position on a roof to photograph someone in the street. A truck stops in front of him, which enables him to see the street.

VAUGHN: Damn it!

He moves fast down the street, masks quickly the camera under its coat and passes a hood on its head. He moves towards the man and discreetly takes it in photograph at the time when he passes by him.

VAUGHN: Visuals acquired.

Sydney (Australia). Sydney kicks the frappe a waitress in the kitchen.

SYDNEY: I am really sorry... (She looks at the label) Debbie.

JACK: Phoenix, do you copy?

SYDNEY: Phoenix here.

JACK: I need to sign off. Can you handle this without me?

SYDNEY: I'm on it. Good luck, Dad.

JACK: Likewise.

Washington, Jack goes out the van and asks a woman to take a photo of him.

JACK: Excuse me... Would you mind? It's for my granddaughter. (He gives his camera)

WOMAN: Sure.

JACK: Try to get the Capitol in the back. (There is a prophet5 member behind him)

WOMAN: Smile!

Sydney: Sydney is now disguised in waitress and she goes to the restaurant room.

MANAGER: Excuse me? What do you think you're doing?

SYDNEY: Hey, I'm covering for Debbie. She said she told you. Did she not clear it with you?

MANAGER: No.

SYDNEY: Okay, well, she said she did. She had some kind of family emergency. Her sister was like, sick. The gross kind or something.

In the kitchen another waiter finds the corpse of Debbie.

MANAGER: Well, it's good of you to fill in.

SYDNEY: Thanks, I need the tips with rent and, it's expensive down under.

The waiter calls the manager.

MANAGER: Yes?

WAITER: Mate, we've got a situation down here.

MANAGER: Excuse me! How did you say you knew Debbie?

Sydney kicks the manager and makes is way rapidly into the kitchen. She runs up the stairs and onto the roof. She leaves the building by jumping off attached to a wire. As she slides down, she takes a picture of McMullen.

APO, Sydney enters and puts up the final three pictures to put with the names.

SYDNEY: Now we know who we're fighting.

Alias Theme.

APO

JACK: Now that we know who the Twelve are, we've been able to fill in details... none of which are reassuring. Between them, these people wield an enormous amount of power. Their global reach is well... global.

THOMAS: Well, we know who they are now, Why don't we just take them in?

JACK: Unfortunately, it's not that simple. When we make a move against Prophet5, it needs to be the right one.

DIXON: We need to arrest them simultaneously to avoid tipping them off.

JACK: Marshall, we need a program to track the movements. I want you to input the visuals and data we have on the twelve. Cross-reference everything with international databases.

MARSHALL: Okay, sure, that should just take me a lifetime. I mean, that's really... No problem. I'll get right on that.

SYDNEY: What about Sloane?

JACK: As of now, we're operating under the assumption that he's working for the Twelve. We take them down, we get to him.

Sloane's hideout. Sloane suggests to Sark and Peyton that they solidify their position in Prophet Five.

SLOANE: The Twelve have been searching for this for a long time, since before you were born.

PEYTON: Don't get too attached. They're expecting it to be turned over. I should get going.

SLOANE: Tell me, have you ever considered what would happen if you did that? Once Prophet5 has the amulet, their use for you, for all of us, would be limited. Unless we find a way of solidifying our position, making ourselves less expendable.

PEYTON: That's a very bold move, Arvin, trying to cut a side deal with one of their top assets.

SLOANE: I'm well aware that you could walkout of here and tell them what I'm proposing. You might curry some favour, save your life, temporarily.

SARK: But you won't. You're like me. You have good instincts for self-preservation. I can vouch for the fact that you will be well-compensated for your efforts.

PEYTON: So does he come with the package?

SLOANE: I assume that means you're interested?

PEYTON: What do you have in mind?

At Sydney’s home, Vaughn asleep and finds Sydney gone. He see’s her at her desk working on the manuscript.

VAUGHN: Hey.

SYDNEY: Oh, hey.

VAUGHN: You know, Isabelle's gonna be up in like, two hours..

SYDNEY: Yeah, I can't sleep.

VAUGHN: Yeah, I can see why. That stuff would give anyone nightmares.

SYDNEY: The man that gave me the amulet told me that what was inside was the end of nature, and that stars would fall from the sky. And that no matter what I did, I couldn't stop it.

VAUGHN: Well, consider the source, a prisoner in a maximum security prison...

SYDNEY: He recognized me. He knew who I was.

VAUGHN: Weird, yeah. Not really conclusive.

SYDNEY: What if he's right?

VAUGHN: He's not.

SYDNEY: How can you say that with everything we've seen?

VAUGHN: "This woman, without pretence..." That would be you. "Will have had her effect, "never having seen the beauty of my sky behind Mount Subasio. "I mean, wordy and wrong. All this talk about prophecy and fate, you've disproved it. You climbed Mount Subasio. You saw the sky.

SYDNEY: It's not just that.

VAUGHN: Sloane?

SYDNEY: I keep thinking about all the people he's k*lled, I mean, including his own daughter. I know what it's like to grow up without a mom. I don't want that for Isabelle. She needs me.

VAUGHN: Which is why we won't let that happen!

SYDNEY: You promise?

VAUGHN: I promise.

Marshall’s Home. He is in bed with Carrie.

MARSHALL: Hey. Your hair smells like fruit.

CARRIE: Mmmm, Mitchell threw apple sauce at my head this afternoon. I didn't get a chance to wash it out.

MARSHALL: Don't worry. I find it very attractive.

CARRIE: You do realize I'm half asleep, right?

MARSHALL: Perhaps I could inspire you to wake up.

MITCHELL: (Talkie-Walkie) Daddy?

CARRIE: Or perhaps you could go check on Mitchell?

MARSHALL: Right. I'll be back.

CARRIE: Turn off the light.

MARSHALL: Got it.

Rachel’s home. Tom arrives at Rachel’s home.

RACHEL: Tom.

THOMAS: I'm sorry. I didn't realize how late it was.

RACHEL: No, that's okay. I was... I was up working. What's going on?

THOMAS: Just in the neighborhood. I thought I'd see if you were awake. Which is ridiculous, because it's not true. I just... I wanted to talk to you.

RACHEL: Come on in, please. Do you, want something to drink?

THOMAS: What do you got?

RACHEL: Coffee.

THOMAS: You're not gonna give me some lecture about drinking on school night, are you?

RACHEL: Not yet. You're thinking about her, aren't you?

THOMAS: I wish I had done things differently. I could've saved her. But I didn't.

RACHEL: What happened to your wife... it was a crime. Korman pulled the trigger, not you.

THOMAS: Then why do I feel like I'm to blame?

RACHEL: Because you're a good man. (He kisses her)

THOMAS: Rachel, I'm sorry.

RACHEL: No, it's okay.

THOMAS: That's...That's not why I came here.

RACHEL: No, I know. I know. It's not a big deal at all. I mean...

THOMAS: No, you know what? I should go.

RACHEL: No. Stay and we'll talk. Please. I'm gonna get us that coffee.

THOMAS: OK. (When she leaves the room, Tom sits, reconsiders, and leaves.)

Marshall’s Home. Carrie misses Marshall in bed and goes looking for him.

CARRIE: What's taking you guys so long? (Marshall is not in the house and Mitchell is sound asleep. She finds an open window) Marshall?

Rachel’s home. She comes back with the coffee but fins an empty room.

RACHEL: About what happen...

Rachel hears a knock on the door and thinking its Tom coming back, rushes to open it without checking first…

RACHEL: Where did you go?

It’s Sark.

SARK: It's been a while, hasn't it?

Sark chloroforms her.

Sloane's hideout. Marshall is tied up and faces Peyton and Sloane.

MARSHALL: Where's Mitchell? Where's my wife?

SLOANE: Your family's fine. They're safe at home. Although I imagine they're sick with worry.

MARSHALL: What do you want from me?

SLOANE: Rambaldi described an underground cavern. He gave a very precise description of the stone formation inside. I want you to locate it for me.

MARSHALL: What?

SLOANE: You're familiar, of course, with the U.S. government's ground-penetrating satellite network? I need you to access the system.

MARSHALL: You're...tasking me? What, you think you're still my boss?

SLOANE: Marshall...

MARSHALL: Whatever you're doing is bad, okay? I know that. It's like. End of the world bad.

SLOANE: This is not a request.

MARSHALL: I will not help you.

SLOANE: (To Peyton) let me know when you persuade him.

MARSHALL: What... are you doing? What is that? (Peyton opens a tool box) What is that? Take it easy, okay? Let's talk about this! (Peyton approaches with a grip) Please! (Peyton begins to t*rture him) Aaarrrggg!

Marshall’s Home. Sydney takes Carrie in her arms.

CARRIE: Thank you for coming. I'm so glad you're here.

SYDNEY: How are you holding up?

CARRIE: I sent Mitchell to my mother's. I didn't want him to see me like this. I mean, he wouldn't just leave. I mean, you know him, right? He wouldn't do that.

JACK: No, he wouldn't.

CARRIE: It just doesn't make sense. I mean, he's... a game designer. Why would somebody abduct him? (Jack looks at Sydney).

SYDNEY: There's something you need to know.

JACK: (his mobile phone rings) Excuse me.

SYDNEY: Marshall doesn't work for a video game designer.

Not far from Sydney, Jack speaks with Thomas.

THOMAS: I'm at Rachel's place. I got worried when she didn't check in. Door was open. Wallet, keys, phone are still here. That can't be a coincidence.

JACK: Get back to A.P.O. Alert the team. We'll meet you there ASAP.

THOMAS: I'm on my way.. (He observes two cups, keys and a wallet on a table).

CARRIE: But I worked for the C.I.A., the N.S.A. Why would he need to lie?

SYDNEY: You have to understand, Carrie, he was ordered not to tell you. We all were. He was trying to protect you.

JACK: We need to get back. There's another situation.

CARRIE: I wanna go with you.

JACK: That's not possible.

CARRIE: Well, I can't just watch from the sidelines. And I bet that without Marshall, your technical support is severely compromised. I can help. Please.

JACK: Okay. Grab your coat.
Sloane's hideout. Sark meanwhile is about to t*rture Rachel with electricity. He puts some electrodes on the chest and face.

SARK: ... I've thought a lot about you since the last time we saw each other. I was hoping we'd meet again. Of course, in my mind, it was... under much different circumstances. Rachel, don't make me do this.

RACHEL: Is now the part where you tell me this is gonna hurt you a lot more than it hurts me?

SARK: I wish that were true. (He turns on the electricity, which causes her to scream)

APO.

DIXON: Sloane did this. He knows where we live, where we work, how we work.

JACK: But the question remains: why?

DIXON: To...disable our technical capabilities, to distract us?

JACK: Well, perhaps he needs some thing from them.

DIXON: And Marshall and Rachel? You know he won't hesitate to k*ll them once he gets what he needs.

JACK: I know. You were right about him. After Irina was extracted, I was taken into custody. I had to designate a guardian for Sydney. I chose Sloane. In spite of everything he's done, I believed that some part of him was still the friend I once trusted with my daughter. Clearly, I was wrong.

Carrie sees Vaughn.

CARRIE: Oh, my...I thought you were...I thought... Okay. I guess that was a lie too, right?

SYDNEY: It's complicated.

CARRIE: I...Anyway, what... can I do?

VAUGHN: Marshall wrote a program to track the Twelve's moves, and I ran it through our standard decryption program, but he has so many security protocols...

CARRIE: Can I?

VAUGHN: Yeah, sure.

CARRIE: You're in. (Elle arrive à se connecter)

SYDNEY: What was it?

CARRIE: "Moon glum of Elwhere."

VAUGHN: Yeah, well, that was my next guess.

CARRIE: He's rereading all his favorite books to get ready for when Mitchell starts reading. Anyway, so what else can I do?

Sloane's hideout.

SLOANE: Peyton, would you mind giving us a moment alone? So you want to see your family again, don't you? Don't be difficult. Think about your son. No, Marshall, you're not cut out for this.

MARSHALL: You know, I never liked you. I tolerated you because I had to, you know, because you were my superior. And I was afraid of you. And I saw how...twisted...you were. But now, I see you for who you really are. You are a weak, pathetic man. You know, you're right. I'm not cut out for this. But I am thinking about my son. I want Mitchell to look up to me, to be proud of his dad. Which is why no matter what you do to me... I'll never help you. You know what? I got...a hangnail right there on my thumb. You mind working on that one next?

In another room, Sloane is thoughtful, whereas the ghost of Nadia arrives.

NADIA: Marshall's right about you.

SLOANE: I'm doing what needs to be done.

NADIA: Does that help you sleep at night?

SLOANE: Eventually, Marshall or Rachel will do what I ask.

NADIA: No. They won't.

SLOANE: Why not?

NADIA: Because they have something you don't.

SLOANE: What?

NADIA: Love, family, honour... take your pick. That's why you'll never break them.

SLOANE: You're right. I need to find another way.

Los Angeles. Car park.

SYDNEY: (with Isabelle in her arms she phones to her dad) What about airports?

JACK: We've notified the F.A.A., but I assume Sloane would have other means.

SYDNEY: I'm taking Isabelle to the sitter's. I'll be back as soon as I can. (She sees Sloane).

SLOANE: If you try anything, be advised, it will end badly.

SYDNEY: What do you want? Talk to Marshall. He'll listen to you.

SYDNEY: They didn't do what you wanted.

SLOANE: You have an opportunity to save their lives. I suggest you take it.

MARSHALL: (phone) Syd, oh, my God. Listen, find Carrie and Mitchell, make sure they're Ok. They're fine. Nothing is gonna happen...

MARSHALL: If anything happened to me, tell Mitchell how strong I was...Make sure he's proud of his old man. Tell Carrie to move on, okay? And find someone else. It's totally fine.

SYDNEY: Marshall, listen to me! Whatever Sloane is asking, I want you to do it.

MARSHALL: What? Syd, no, I can't.

SYDNEY: Whatever he asks. Your life is more important. Now before I hang up, is there anything you want me to tell Carrie?

MARSHALL: Yeah, actually, I want you to tell Carrie that I love her, and that I'll finish reading "Littlest Fish" to Mitchell when I get...

SLOANE: (Stops the conversation between Syd and Marshall) you did the right thing. (He gets in a car and drives away).

Sloane's hideout. Sark brings Rachel in the room where Marshall is tied up.

RACHEL: Why are we here? I told you I wouldn't help you.

SARK: Yes, but he agreed to, and he needs your help.

RACHEL: Marshall

MARSHALL: Rachel

RACHEL: Look, I know this is bad, but we cannot do this!

MARSHALL: We have to. I spoke to Sydney. She understands. Listen, Rachel, I'm gonna do this, okay? And unless you help me leapfrog the system, it won't work.

RACHEL: Leapfrog?

MARSAHLL: We have to make sure we're not detected, or else they'll shut us out.

RACHEL: We're gonna need to open a bunch of ports. I wouldn't stay on any of them or longer than 15 seconds each.

MARSHALL: That's right. 15 seconds...that's a good idea. She's very bright. Terrific.

SARK: Get to it.

APO.

VAUGHN: It was Sydney. She just got off the phone with Marshall.

CARRIE: What?

VAUGHN: He's fine. I'll explain later. But he passed on a message for you. He said he'd finish reading Mitchell "The Littlest Fish" when he got home. Rings any bell?

CARRIE: We haven't read him that book in at least a year.

VAUGHN: What's it about?

CARRIE: It's about a goldfish and some boy who's his friend. Oh god, his name is Niles. No... Noah! N.O.A.A.: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. They monitor weather patterns, ecosystems...

VAUGHN: Using a state-of-the-art satellite network. Maybe Sloane's trying to get them to hack in.

CARRIE: I can set up some trip wires to monitor the hack. . If I can detect them, I can pinpoint their location.

VAUGHN: Well, whatever Sloane's making them do, it's happening now.

CARRIE: I'll be fast.

Sloane's hideout.

SLOANE: Any progress?

SARK: They're close.

APO.

CARRIE: The firewall's flagging an insane amount of network activity. Someone's sending out signatures. It's... It's Marshall. He's intentionally triggering the network security protocols.

VAUGHN: Can you trace the location?

Sloane's hideout.

RACHEL: That's it.

SLOANE: Where is that?

RACHEL: Central Italy. Zoom out.

SLOANE: I should have known.

MARSHALL: What happens now?

SLOANE: Good work, as usual.

APO.

CARRIE: I'm narrowing it down. Mexico. They're in Ixtapa.

JACK: I'll assemble a rescue team immediately.

Sloane's hideout.

SLOANE: I've convened the Twelve. They're eagerly anticipating our arrival.

PEYTON: The jet's waiting. We should get going.

SARK: Perhaps we should reconsider our plans for the prisoners.

PEYTON: Don't tell me you're getting sentimental. Or do you just have a thing for blondes?

SARK: It simply seems unnecessary, that's all.

SLOANE: This isn't open for discussion. Eliminate them.

In another room.

MARSHALL: Where are they? Do you think they just left? Oh, my god, Rachel, what's wrong? You having a heart att*ck? Exposure to electricity? Rachel...

RACHEL: (She picks her handcuffs using a device) No, no, I'm not having a heart att*ck.

MARSHALL: What are you doing? What is that, a garrotte? You carry a garrotte?

RACHEL: It's an under wire. Sometimes it pays to be a girl.

A guard comes in.

MARSHALL: Hey! Listen, I have a family, okay, and a child. And I wanna have another one, maybe even a girl.

La man takes his g*n. Rachel stands up quickly, catches his arm, takes the g*n and kills him.

MARSHALL: Oh, my god, that was the coolest thing I've ever seen. Seriously, that was, like, "Empire Strikes Back" cool.

RACHEL: Let's get out of here.

MARSHALL: Yeah.

They run into the arriving APO rescue team.

SYDNEY: Get down! (She kills guards who were behind Rachel and Marshall)

MARSHALL: Oh, my god, Syd, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. How did you find us?

SYDNEY: Your wife, Marshall. Carrie found you. Any sign of Sloane? (Dixon and Vaughn joint hem)

DIXON: We checked the entire facility. He's not here.

APO.

CARRIE: I think you should see this. (She gives a file to Jack) Marshall's program to track the Twelve was designed to notify him automatically should anything significant happen. That's pretty significant, if you ask me.

JACK: They're gathering. (Phone rings) Bristow.

SYDNEY: Hey, dad, Marshall and Rachel are good.

JACK: (To Carrie) they got to them. Marshall's safe.

CARRIE: Thank god.

SYDNEY: But Sloane, Sark and Peyton... they're gone.

JACK: They're going to Zurich. The Twelve are meeting there. Sloane must be presenting them with the information Marshall and Rachel acquired.

SYDNEY: Is it what we've been waiting for? We can bring them all down.

JACK: I know. I'll alert our contacts, have them assemble in Zurich. It's almost over.

Sloane's hideout.

MARSHALL: And then I told him that, you know,he better move to my thumb or hangnail. He didn't think Flinkman had it in him. Yeah, I mean, you know, he's such a jerk.

TOM: I could think of some other words.

SYDNEY: You said you were mapping caves in Italy. Do you have the coordinates?

RACHEL: Yeah.

MARSHALL: That's the other thing... we spent hours hacking into the system. And when he got what he wanted, he was all cryptic; you know..."I should've known." What is that about?

SYDNEY: He should've known?

MARSHALL: Yeah, that's what he said. Where in Italy? What region?

RACHEL: Umbria.

SYDNEY: Mount Subasio. (She looks at Vaughn) Dad's team will take care of the Twelve in Zurich, but if they go after something in Mount Subasio, I'll b*at them to it.

VAUGHN: Sydney.

SYDNEY: You were right, Vaughn. I can't give in to this idea that I'm powerless. I can bring them down.

VAUGHN: I know. I was just gonna say I'll go with you.

MOUNT SUBASIO. Syd and Vaughn trek to the snow-covered mountains of Mt. Subasio. They find the cave from the cliff above.

SYDNEY: Vaughn, over here! You'll have to lower me.

VAUGHN: You sure about this?

SYDNEY: Yeah, I am.

VAUGHN: I'll be tracking you.

After kissing Vaughn, Syd is lowered down to the cave entrance. She slips quickly inside a narrow corridor and finds Sloane with the amulet in his hand.

SLOANE: You came. (Sydney points her g*n) Oh, I wouldn't do that. The sound of one sh*t would trigger a cave-in.

SYDNEY: You're coming with me.

SLOANE: Remember when you were a little girl, and you came to live with Emily and me?

SYDNEY: I try not to dwell on it.

SLOANE: Oh, Sydney, you were so withdrawn. Of course, we understood. You had just lost your mother, and your father was taken into custody. Remember? We tried to reach out...but there was a time when that was impossible. So we lined the shelves of your room, all of them, with stuffed animals...hoping that that would comfort you. And every morning, I would come into your room to wake you up...there they were, buried underneath your blanket. (APO: we see Carrie kisses Marshall) You said there was a storm in the middle of the night, and it knocked them over, and they were drowning...So one by one, you rescued them. Even then, I wondered when you would learn...you can't rescue everyone.

LOS ANGELES.

Sark starts a b*mb in a subway tunnel.

APO:

JACK: I just received word from Zurich. The team's taking up positions outside the building.

THOMAS: We'll be getting visuals soon. We got a problem. I was going through what we got from Sloane's safe house. Look at this... It's a schematic of the L.A. Subway system.

MARSHALL: Wait a minute. Load-bearing data engineering analysis?

RACHEL: He's mapping architectural weaknesses of the tunnels around our facility. Sloane's targeting A.P.O

JACK: Clear the building. Tom, Dixon, organize a search team. Start sweeping the tunnels. I want all civilians evacuated from the subway.

MARSHALL: How do we do that?

JACK: Calling a b*mb thr*at.

Sark takes the escalators.

MOUNT SUBASIO

SLOANE: I know when you talked to Marshall he gave you a message. But really, it didn't matter anymore, because I had accounted for everyone.

SYDNEY: What do you mean by everyone? (At the same time, Sark walks in a park)

SLOANE: Prophet5, A.P.O...I had to remove those obstacles.

SYDNEY: If you so much as touch anyone else I love...

SLAONE: The time for threats has passed, Sydney. Besides, even if I wanted to, I couldn't stop it now.

ZURICH, In Zurich, Peyton appears at the Prophet Five gathering.

PEYTON: (To the guard) Mr. Sloane couldn't make it. (The guard opens the door). He sent me instead.

MONT SUBASIO

SLOANE: I'm making sure that this is going to happen, that I'll see this through. You, above all, should understand that. There's no shying away from fate.

SYDNEY: I don't believe in fate.

SLAONE: Be that as it may, I'm very glad you're here, Sydney, because I wouldn't want you to be there when it happens.

SYDNEY: What have you done?

APO. People evacuate the office and clear out the subway while Tom and Dixon sweep the tunnels. Tom finds the b*mb.

THOMAS: I found it. It’s big.

MONT SUBASIO

SLOANE: I never wanted you to suffer the way you did when you were a child. The way you suffered when you lost Danny, when you lost Vaughn.

LOS ANGELES. Subway. Inside a wagon.

THOMAS: How much longer till we're evacuated?

DIXON: Rachel just radioed in. hey need more minutes to secure the area. Can you disable it?

THOMAS: Not without triggering the fail-safe. But the timer...It's a quartz oscillator. I could slow it down, buy them the time.

DIXON: Are you sure?

THOMAS: I've got liquid nitrogen. I could freeze the mechanism.

DIXON: Hitting it with nitro's only gonna buy you 20 seconds.

THOMAS: Not if I stay here and keep hitting it.

DIXON: All right, Tom, do what you can. But the second that timer dips below a minute, get the hell out of there.

THOMAS: Will do. (He freezes it repeatedly in order to delay the expl*si*n. The countdown stops at 1’59).

ZURICH.

ONE OF THE TWELVE MEMBERS: I'm assuming you have the amulet.

PEYTON: Of course.

Instead of presenting them with the amulet, she sprays the room with g*nf*re, k*lling all the Prophet Five members

MONT SUBASIO

SLOANE: Sydney, I'm offering you a chance...to walk.

SYDNEY: You know I can't do that.

SLAONE: The only person you can rescue is yourself.

LOS ANGELES

People still evacuate the area.

THOMAS: (com) Jack, what's the status on the evac?

JACK: (Outside. Com) The last of the civilians just made it out.

THOMAS: (com) Good.

JACK: (com) Don't lose your second window. Get up top now.

THOMAS: (com) Okay. Will do. (Instead of leaving, Tom seats inside the wagon) Hey, listen...can you patch me through to Rachel?

JACK: (com) Copy.

RACHEL: (Outside. Com) Tom, you need to get out.

THOMAS: Yeah, Rachel? I wish there were more time. I would've asked you out.

RACHEL: I would've said yes.

The b*mb explodes, k*lling Tom. Outside the expl*si*n creates a large crater

MOUNT SUBASIO

Vaughn sees the sun rises at the horizon. Sloane sees the light rises over the rim of the cave above him.

SLOANE: The sky...

Sloane holds the amulet against the light. We can see a projection of the Rambaldi sign on an ice wall.

SLOANE: I'm sorry, Sydney, this isn't my choice. You're not allowed to see this.

He sh**t the icy ground she is standing on. Syd falls through and is rendered unconscious a few meters below.