08x18 - Quiet Little Voices

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

08x18 - Quiet Little Voices

Post by bunniefuu »

HOSPITAL

Jamie looks at babies who were born. Nathan joins him.

JAMIE(voice-over): 353,015. That's how many babies will be born today. It seems weird to me that they weren't here yesterday...That they didn't have their parents and their parents didn't have them... That this is their first day ever. 353,015.

NATHAN: Hey, buddy. How you holding up?

JAMIE: Fine. How's mom?

NATHAN: She's good. She's being prepped, and they're getting her her room, and pretty soon, you'll have a baby sister.

JAMIE: How long does that take, dad?

NATHAN: That's hard to say. But I'll be with her. You're gonna hang out with Clay and Aunt Quinn, okay?

JAMIE: Okay. I want to stay, though. I don't want to go home until mom's okay, and Lydia, too.

NATHAN: You sure? Could be all night.

JAMIE: That's fine. I feel pretty strongly about it.

NATHAN: All right. Well, then, I have respect that. You, my man, are not a baby anymore.

JAMIE: Nope. But they are. Dad, do you remember when I was born?

NATHAN: Yeah. I sure do.

FLASHBACK, HOSPITAL

Haley gives birth at Jamie.

DOCTOR: It's a boy.

HALEY: You're a dad!

NATHAN: You did so good. We have a son. We have a son.

HALEY: Here he is. Welcome to the world, James Lucas Scott. Oh.

NATHAN: He's so beautiful.

HOSPITAL

Julian and Brooke arrives to see Chloe.

BROOKE: Hi. We're having a baby.

NURSE: Honey, you do understand it takes about nine months.

JULIAN: Of course. What we meant to say is...

BROOKE: We're adopting a baby, and the girl who's having it is having it.

JULIAN: Yeah.

BROOKE: Here.

JULIAN: Now.

BROOKE: Somewhere.

NURSE: Okay. Well, first of all,

congratulations. And give me a second, and I'll find you that room for you, okay?

BROOKE: Thank you.

Nathan and Jamie joins Haley in her bedroom of hospital.

HALEY: Hi. There's my guy. Ooh. You ready to be a Big Brother?

JAMIE: Yeah. How come you're not in a bed?

HALEY: Well, this is the room where they have me wait till I'm a little closer to having the baby.

JAMIE: So, is everything all right? You feeling okay?

HALEY: Yeah. I feel great. Thanks. Oh, I can't believe you're gonna have a little sister. She's gonna need you to watch out for her and protect her. Do you know that by the time she's your age, you're gonna be in high school?

JAMIE: And when you and dad were in high school, you had me.

HALEY: That's right. You're not allowed to do that. Oh, I remember the night I told your dad you were gonna be you. He was gonna have a son.

JAMIE: Remember that, dad?

NATHAN: Yeah. I had six turnovers at the time. You're not allowed to do that either.

HALEY: Six turnovers?

FLASHBACK, CHAMPIONSHIP OF BASKETBALL

Nathan is ready to return in the ground, Haley waits him.

HALEY: That is not the Nathan Scott I know.

NATHAN: I got worried when I didn't see you.

HALEY: It's okay. Everything's fine.

NATHAN: I need to ask you a question.

HALEY: Mm-hmm.

NATHAN: If I don't go to Duke... If I don't play college basketball... I mean, if today is the best it ever gets for me, will that be enough?

HALEY: Of course. Nathan, as long as you're a good husband and a good father to your son.

NATHAN: What?

HALEY: It's a boy, Nathan. You're gonna have a son.

HOSPITAL

Julian and Brooke visit Chloe in her bedroom.

JULIAN: Hi.

BROOKE: Chloe, hi.

CHLOE: Hi. I told you it was coming sooner than we thought.

BROOKE: Wow. I guess so. How are you feeling?

JULIAN: What can we do? Can we get you anything? Call your parents..

CHLOE: No. No. No, thanks. I'll... I'll be fine.

BROOKE: Okay. Well, we just want you to know we're here. And we're gonna be here. We're not going anywhere.

CHLOE: Okay.

BROOKE: Okay.

CHLOE: Maybe you guys can come check up on me a little later.

BROOKE: Of course. Whenever you need us. You're gonna do great.

JULIAN: Okay.

BROOKE: All right. See you.

Jamie joins Quinn and Clay in a waiting room.

QUINN: Hey.

CLAY: Yo. Check it out, dude. I got us all kinds of stuff. We have DVDs, snacks.

JAMIE: Comic books.

CLAY: Graphic novels.

QUINN: Oh, my gosh, UNO. I'm the UNO king.

CLAY: Okay, that's a game of luck. There is just zero skill to it whatsoever.

QUINN: Said not the king.

CLAY: That sentence had zero sense to it.

QUINN: Anyway, what do you want to do first, Jame?

JAMIE: I'm thinking I want to make a book for Lydia...With pictures and stories and stuff.

QUINN: Like a scrapbook?

JAMIE: Yeah, but more like a book that she can read someday and know all about stuff that I didn't...

stuff about mom, you guys, and all our friends.

CLAY: Like, for example, how Auntie Quinn is the master of a game of chance.

QUINN: Or how Clay is jealous about it. I think it's a great idea, Jamie.

(Brooke and Julian meets them)

QUINN: Hey, you guys. I was just about to call. Hales just checked in.

JULIAN: Well, actually...

BROOKE: We heard. It's so exciting. Who needs snacks?

Clay: Mm. I think we're good. We have candy, gummy stuff, candy cigars. We've also apparently mastered the game of UNO.

QUINN: Really?

CLAY: Letting it go.

Julian and Brooke insulate.

JULIAN: What was that all about?

BROOKE: I just don't want to steal

Haley's thunder today. Especially for Jamie. If we have news first, then we can tell them, okay?

JULIAN: That's very sweet of you, baby. But are we really getting snacks? Because I was kind of excited about that part, too.

BROOKE: Yes, we will get you snacks. Are you nervous?

JULIAN: A little. Are you?

BROOKE: No. More like completely panicked.

JULIAN: Oh.

Haley is nervous and asks Nathan to tell a story.

NATHAN: How you doing, baby?

HALEY: I'm a little panicked. Can you tell me a story?

NATHAN: Uh, story. Got it. What kind of story?

HALEY: Just a story. Any story.

NATHAN: All right, all right. Um...I-I-I-I got nothing.

HALEY: Oh! In the history of the world, any story that's ever been told.

NATHAN: Okay, I'm sorry. All I can think of is the Three Little Pigs. I don't know why the Three Little Pigs. I have no idea. But it's...

HALEY: A memory, then. Just something to distract me, please.

NATHAN: Okay, okay. How about this? How about this? Did I ever tell you about the high-school clown...

HALEY: Don't say "clown."

NATHAN: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Jerk. The high-school jerk who fell for the beautiful, sarcastic girl who hated clowns?

HALEY: I like that story. Tell me that story.

NATHAN: Okay. Okay. Um, she was tutoring him. But they both knew it was something more, and so one day, when he had screwed up yet again...

FLASHBACK, HALEY'S HOUSE

Nathan launches stones to the window. Haley arrives.

HALEY: You trying to wake up my parents? That's their room.

NATHAN: Wait. Haley. Look, I need to apologize, okay?

HALEY: You should buy them in bulk if you're gonna hand apologies out that often.

NATHAN: Look, will you just... I don't know how to do this, all right? I'm... I'm not like you.

HALEY: What does that mean?

NATHAN: All right, I screw up a lot. All right? And being around you, I just don't want to be that guy anymore.

HALEY: Who do you want to be, Nathan?

NATHAN: I want to be somebody who's good enough to be seen with you.

HALEY: You should have thought of that last night. You know, I keep putting myself out there. And you keep blowing it. And it's probably a good thing because at this point there's nothing that you can say or do that's gonna surprise me.

(He kisses her)

HALEY: Except that. You shouldn't have done that, Nathan.

NATHAN: But I wanted to.

HALEY: Yeah.

HOSPITAL

Nathan finishes the story.

NATHAN: And they fell in love. And they had a son. And soon...

HALEY: They'll have a daughter.

NATHAN: Mm-hmm. And they'll all live happily ever after. I promise.

ONE TREE HILL – OPEN CREDITS

HOSPITAL

Jamie looks at babies. Then, he waits to his family.

JAMIE(voice-over): 14,709. That's how many babies are born in an hour. That's 245 new lives every minute of every day. By the way, since I've been standing here, another hundred babies were born. But none of them were my mom's.

BROOKE: Hey, buddy. What are you doing?

JAMIE: Making a learner's manual for Lydia. Clay says you can't tell the players without a program.

BROOKE: That's cool. Am I in it?

JAMIE: Yep. I just need a little information.

BROOKE: Okay. Ask me anything.

JAMIE: Okay. When was the first time you met my mom?

BROOKE: Isn't there anything else you'd like to know?

JAMIE: It's kind of important.

BROOKE: Well... It's kind of a funny story.

FLASHBACK, OUTSIDE

Haley helps Brooke to walk.

BROOKE: So, we should totally hang out more often. What is your name, anyway?

HALEY: Haley.

BROOKE: Oh, no. See, I don't like that name. Let's call you Brooke.

HOSPITAL

Jamie doesn't understand the story.

JAMIE: I don't get it. How come you were acting so weird? Were you sick?

BROOKE: Yes. Kind of sick. Yes. Look who it is...Clay and Quinn. What's up, guys?

(Clay and Quinn come with things)

CLAY: Hey-o. Did you guys know that it's impossible to eat six crackers in a minute?

BROOKE: Random, but perfectly timed.

JAMIE: That doesn't sound impossible.

QUINN: That's what I said, but we're gonna do it. You in?

JAMIE: Okay. Aunt Brooke, can you time us?

BROOKE: Yeah.

CLAY: All right, team. Six crackers, one minute.

BROOKE: Ready? Set? Go.

JAMIE: Oh, my gosh. This is hard.

BROOKE: 30 seconds.

QUINN(Muffled): I can't breathe.

CLAY(Muffled): It's not so easy, is it?

JAMIE: My mouth is all pasty.

BROOKE: Come on. 20 seconds. Keep going. And...Time.

CLAY: Mm. I was so close.

QUINN: I wasn't close at all.

JAMIE(Muffled): I think I'm gonna be sick. Mm-hmm. We should make Julian try this.

CLAY: Where is Julian? Julian!

Julian looks at babies.

FLASHBACK, BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke goes home and Julian is here.

BROOKE: They're beautiful.

JULIAN: So are you. How you doing?

BROOKE: Not so good.

JULIAN: Yeah, I know.

BROOKE: I don't think you do.

JULIAN: No, I suppose I don't. But I want you to know something. I know that I've talked about slowing down and taking our time, but I want you to know that whenever we do get pregnant, that's gonna be a great day. And I'll be more than okay with it.

BROOKE: We're not gonna have that day.

JULIAN: Baby, we will.

BROOKE: No, we won't. They didn't just tell me that...That I wasn't pregnant. They said I'm never gonna be. I can't.

JULIAN: You can't have children? They told you that.

BROOKE: I'm sorry.

JULIAN: Brooke...Shh. Hey, shh, baby. It's okay.

BROOKE: It's not.

JULIAN: It's going to be. I love you so much.

BROOKE: But I want to have babies with you. I want to have a family.

JULIAN: Then we'll get a second opinion. And a third, okay? We'll find the best doctors out there.

BROOKE: But what if...

JULIAN: Hey, shh, shh. I love you. That's all that matters. I love you.

BROOKE: I love you, too.

HOSPITAL

Brooke joins Julian.

BROOKE: Hey.

JULIAN: I love you. You know that? And you're gonna be an amazing mom...Tonight.

BROOKE: I can barely breathe when you say that.

JULIAN: It's okay, baby. I'm here... For all of it.

BROOKE: Mm.

JAMIE(voice-over): I think it's cool how people celebrate the day you're born. Like, for the rest of your life, they have cake and presents, and they celebrate that you're here. There's something really nice about that... Even when your Aunt Quinn stuffs your face in the cake.

FLASHBACK, NALEY'S HOUSE

Quinn was eating a piece of the cake.

JAMIE: Aunt Quinn, you ate my cake before I made a wish.

QUINN: Nah. See... I don't think this is your real cake. If you look really, really close, you can tell, because if it was, I wouldn't be able to do this!

JAMIE: Aah! You're so dead.

HOSPITAL

Quinn takes a picture of her nephew.

JAMIE: Hey, remember when you stuffed my face in my birthday cake? And then you, me, and mom had that cake fight? That was awesome.

QUINN: It was, huh? Oh! Yes, it was. You know, pretty soon you're gonna have "remember whens" with your little sister. Are you excited to meet her?

JAMIE: Yeah. But right now I'm kind of half-excited, half-worried.

QUINN: Well, there's no reason to worry. Your mom's gonna be home in no time. And, you know, the best part about having a little sister is if you do worry and you do struggle, she's always there for you just like your mom's always been there for me.

FLASHBACK, NALEY'S HOUSE

Quinn is ready to open her gallery of picture. She gives a present at her sister.

QUINN: Hey.

HALEY: Wow. Talk about a work of art. You look great.

QUINN: Thanks.

HALEY: So, you excited for tonight? How do you feel?

QUINN: You know, if there's a feeling of being half totally excited and half completely ready to panic, then that's how I feel.

HALEY: Oh, don't worry. It's gonna be good. You're kind of great at the picture-taking thing, you know.

QUINN: Thanks. Well, I'm glad you think so. I wanted you to give this to you.

HALEY: Oh. What is this?

QUINN: My way of saying "thank you" for being there for me this year. I couldn't have made it through without my little sis.

(It's a picture of her and her mother)

HALEY: I love it. I really do.

QUINN: I just want tonight to go well, you know? For mom.

HALEY: Yeah. For mom.

HOSPITAL

Nathan takes a coffee and sees a high-school pupil waiting.

FLASHBACK, HOSPITAL

Nathan is at the hospital after he was doing a overdose.

DAN: Easy, son. You're okay. Can you hear me?

NATHAN: Yeah.

DAN: You collapsed during the game.

DOCTOR: Nathan? How you feeling?

NATHAN: I have to piss.

DOCTOR: You were severely dehydrated. We have you in these ice packs because your body temperature was very high. Now, I need to ask you some questions about the supplements you're taking. Benzedrine? Methedrine? Okay. What about speed, cocaine, ecstasy?

DAN: Hey, doc. He's an athlete, not a junkie.

DOCTOR: He's also a kid.

DAN: True. But he's my kid. So, how about you play a little more doctor and a little less detective?

DOCTOR: Mr. Scott, could I speak with you?

DAN: Listen to me, son. You're gonna be fine. Okay? You've been hitting it a little hard lately. We'll pull back a notch or two. You'll be as good as new. Hell, the scouts won't even remember this come the post-season.

FLASHBACK, NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley worries about Nathan.

HALEY(at phone): Hey, it's me. Uh...I guess I'm just worried about you. I really hate the way we ended things.

NATHAN: So do I. Nobody answered the door.

HALEY: They're gone for the weekend. How are you?

NATHAN: Not so good. Tonight... I just need to...

HALEY: Yeah.

NATHAN: I've made a lot of mistakes, Haley. Sometimes because of my dad. Sometimes by choice. I just can't do it anymore.

HALEY: It's okay.

NATHAN: No. When I fell to the floor tonight...I was so scared. I was so terrified. Then I saw you. And I promised myself that if I could just get up, I would walk straight over to you, and I would tell you

how much I need you...How much I want you. Nothing else matters. Haley...

HOSPITAL

Brooke talks a little with Chloe.

CHLOE: Brooke, I need to tell you something. I never told my parents.

BROOKE: Really?

CHLOE: My ex-boyfriend's sister drove me here.

BROOKE: How did you hide it from them?

CHLOE: Well, I stayed in school for the summer session, and then I took a semester overseas. I just knew it was something that my mom would hold against me for the rest of my life. You know how moms are.

BROOKE: I know how my mom is.

FLASHBACK, CLOTHES OVER BROS

Brooke enters in the store. Victoria is ready to go away.

BROOKE: You going somewhere?

VICTORIA: Ah. Back to New York. The designs are excellent. The new line should stabilize the company. There's nothing left for me to do here. There are a few things that I need to leave you with. We need to call our publicist and arrange a series of interviews announcing your return to the company. You need to speak with the people at Red and organize some sort of charitable contribution, and you need to fly to Los Angeles and tell that boy that you love him.

BROOKE: What?

VICTORIA: When I was young, there was a boy who loved me. And I loved him back. But he wasn't from my circle of friends, and he was different than what my parents expected, so I let him go. And not a day has gone by that I don't regret it.

BROOKE: Why haven't you ever told me this?

VICTORIA: Because I've been a terrible mother. I have a daughter who is strong and bright, kindhearted, so beautiful, and I've nearly broken her with my inability to open my heart. But I haven't broken her. She's just as strong and beautiful and kindhearted as ever. Because if this boy Julian

loves you and you love him, that's all that matters. That is the most important thing, and the clothes can wait. This is for you.

BROOKE: What is it?

VICTORIA: It's the company. It's all yours 100%.

BROOKE: But why?

VICTORIA: I'd rather have my daughter than a company.

BROOKE: But you loved this company.

VICTORIA: Yeah. And I was wrong. I should have loved you more and the company less. I just didn't know how.

HOSPITAL

Brooke is always talking with Chloe.

BROOKE: I know my mom loves me. But we were distant for a long time when I was young, and that was really hard. I never felt like I knew her. I promise you, I'm gonna know this child, and they'll know me...No matter what.

JAMIE(voice-over): There was a woman in Texas, who gave birth to eight babies all at once. Well, actually, she gave birth to two, and then a couple weeks later, she had six more. I don't really know how that works, but it's not something you forget once you hear about it. I just want my mom to have one... And for both of them to be okay.

Nathan is in the church. Jamie joins him.

JAMIE: Hey, dad. Everything okay?

NATHAN: Yeah. You know, when your mom got hurt before you were born, I sat here. I prayed that she'd be okay. And you, too.

JAMIE: Did you cry?

NATHAN: Yeah. I cried.

FLASHBACK, HOSPITAL

Nathan prays in the church to Haley and the baby are okay.

NATHAN: I know I did a horrible thing, okay? But I deserve to be punished for that, not Haley. She's a good person. She'd be a great mother if... Look, I know it must suck how people are always asking for things and never giving anything back. And I know that Keith saved me at the bridge, but Haley saved me long before the accident. There has to be a miracle left for her. Please. Please. Don't take her from me. Don't take our child from her.

Haley is waking up.

HALEY: Hi.

NATHAN: Hi.

HOSPITAL

Julian looks at babies. An other father comes in.

ERIC: Crazy, isn't it? Having a kid.

ERIC: I got to tell you, I'm a little freaked out right now. I don't think I'm ready for all...This.

JULIAN: That's why they invented mothers.

ERIC: You think our parents felt like this? That they just wanted us to have it better than them? To be better than them? Not to be them?

JULIAN: I think if they did, then they were ready to be parents. And if you do, then you are, too.

ERIC: "Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of us."

Quinn looks at the former Clay's bedroom.

FLASHBACK, HOSPITAL

Quinn makes a speech for Clay who is in the coma.

QUINN: Hey, handsome. My whole family was here. It's usually best to be in a coma for that, so nice work. I also need you to tell you that it's gonna take longer to get into Nathan's basketball games next year because my right boob is gonna set off the metal detector. Apparently I still have the b*llet in me, so you can cross that off your fantasy-girl wish list. So just between us, everybody's putting on a really brave face, but I think they're all really scared... Because they can't imagine losing you. But that's not gonna happen, is it? My man is too strong for that. So, why don't you surprise us all and open those beautiful blue eyes and take my breath away...Like you know you do. Just open those eyes that see me like no eyes ever have. And I'll be right here waiting.

HOSPITAL

Clay joins Quinn.

CLAY: Hey. Nate says they're getting close. You okay?

QUINN: Yeah. I'm just feeling thankful. For you and Haley and my soon-to-be niece. It's exciting.

CLAY: Yeah. You know, we'll have kids of our own someday.

QUINN: Well, they will have your big, bushy eyebrows.

CLAY: Oh. And your adept card-game abilities.

QUINN: You know, you're not allowed to say we'll have a family someday unless you mean it.

CLAY: Of course I mean it. I love you, you goof.

QUINN: Well, that's good...Because I love you, too.

Chloe is going to have her baby.

CHLOE: It's really good that you have Julian. You guys seem really happy together.

BROOKE: We are. He's amazing.

CHLOE: Yeah. I-it's be good that there's two of you. I just couldn't do it alone, you know? Raise a child.

BROOKE: I know.

CHLOE: Oh! Contraction.

BROOKE: Okay. Just breathe. You're doing great, Chloe.

CHLOE: No, I need dr*gs.

BROOKE: You can do this. Come on. Just breathe. Okay.

BROOKE: Okay. That's it.

BROOKE: You're doing great.

CHLOE: You're gonna be a good mom, Brooke. I just couldn't do it alone.

BROOKE: I know. It's okay.

JAMIE(voice-over): I guess out of everyone who's ever been born probably the most famous birth ever is Jesus. But people make a big deal out of Pandas, too.

Brooke and Julian are in the church.

BROOKE: We need a name. Our baby's gonna be born without a name.

JULIAN: Oops. Okay, calm down. It's okay. My dad once told me about this baseball player named U.L. Washington, and the U.L. stood for "un listed."

BROOKE: We are not naming our baby "un listed."

JULIAN: Okay. I have a name. Clear your head. You ready?

BROOKE: Uh-huh.

JULIAN: If it's a girl, Brooke. And if it's a boy...Brooke.

BROOKE: If it's a boy, Julian. And if it's a girl...Julian.

JULIAN: No. You can't name a girl "Julian."

BROOKE: Why not? We can name our baby whatever we want.

JULIAN: Mm.

BROOKE: Mm.

Jamie talks with Clay and Quinn.

JAMIE: Mom's middle name is Bob?

QUINN: Mm-hmm.

CLAY: Wait. Haley's middle name is Bob?

QUINN: Yeah.

CLAY: How does that happen?

QUINN: You know my dad's name was James James, right?

CLAY: You make a good point. But Bob? Is that short for Robert?

QUINN: No. It's just Bob.

JAMIE: How come?

QUINN: Well, before grandma and grandpa ever had kids, they had a tabby cat. And they loved that cat and took him everywhere. And his name was...

JAMIE: Bob?

CLAY: I was gonna guess Bob, too.

QUINN: Ah. Then you're both right. Bob the cat. Oh. He was their pride and joy. But he was stubborn and tough, and he didn't really like to be held. Anyway, when Haley was born, she kept squirming and squirming, and the doctors handed her to grandma. And grandma was like, "she keeps fighting me. She's tough and stubborn, just like Bob." And so they named her Haley Bob.

JAMIE: Mom was named after a cat.

QUINN: After a beautiful, tough, old tabby cat.

JAMIE: That's awesome. But mom's not that tough.

CLAY: Ooh. Gonna have to disagree with you on that one, buddy.

QUINN: Yeah. Your mom's really tough. Do you know her and Aunt Taylor used to totally go at it?

JAMIE: Really? Like how?

FLASHBACK, NALEY'S APARTMENT

Haley and Taylor fight.

HALEY: It's not funny, Taylor.

TAYLOR: Ow! Let go!

HOSPITAL

JAMIE: Whoa.

QUINN: Yeah. That's not all. Remember when Chuck was bullying you?

FLASHBACK, JAMIE'S SCHOOL

Haley wants to talk with Chuck's mother.

HALEY: Excuse me. Can I talk to you for a second? I'm Haley Scott. I'm Jamie's mom.

CHUCK'S MOTHER: Uh-huh.

HALEY: Jamie came home from school upset the other day. I guess your son was teasing him.

CHUCK'S MOTHER: Jamie? Is he the one with the cape? Wow. 5 is a little old for a cape, don't you think? Maybe you should do him a favor, take it away from him, and then he won't get teased anymore, about the cape, anyway.

HALEY: Listen, honey, if your little brat doesn't stop picking on my son, not only will I give Jamie permission to kick his ass, but I'll be kicking your ass right alongside of him. Got that, bitch?

CHUCK'S MOTHER: I'd like to see you try, little girl. Aah!

HOSPITAL

JAMIE: Man. Mom's kind of crazy.

QUINN: Yeah. I haven't even told you about the slapping.

JAMIE: There's slapping?

CLAY: Oh, there's slapping.

(Brooke joins them)

QUINN: Hey, Brooke. Name a few people that Haley's slapped. Jamie wants to warn Lydia.

BROOKE: Oh. Well, there's Rachel...

FLASHBACK, PARTY

Haley slaps Rachel.

HOSPITAL

BROOKE: Renee...

FLASHBACK, OUTSIDE

Haley slaps Renee.

HOSPITAL

BROOKE: Ooh. And Nanny Carrie.

FLASHBACK, NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley throws Carrie outside.

HALEY: You get the hell out of my house right now!

HOSPITAL

JAMIE: Yeah. And in mom's defense, nanny Carrie had that coming.

BROOKE: Oh, yeah.

JAMIE: Now that I think about it, you don't want to mess with mom. Hey, Clay, did mom ever att*ck you?

CLAY: Yeah. But it was with her words.

FLASHBACK, CLAY'S HOUSE

Haley disputes Clay.

HALEY: You know full well this lying whore didn't sleep with Nathan, and you want to pay her

$200,000?

CLAY: Whoa. I don't want to. I simply suggested that it was an option.

HALEY: It's not an option, Clay. And while we're suggesting things, let me suggest that you are a huge reason why this is happening right now.

CLAY: Okay.

HALEY: You love it, the parties, the women. And you love having Nathan alongside you more than anything else.

CLAY: That's not fair.

HALEY: No? The picture? The one of that woman draped all over my husband. What party was that at, Clay? Who threw that party? I'm not saying you don't love him because I know you do. But you love having him at your side more than anything else. You could have protected him from this.

CLAY: How, Haley? He's a grown man.

HALEY: So are you. Start acting like it.

HOSPITAL

Clay is upset yet.

CLAY: Ooh. Yeah, you may, you ought to tell Lydia just to never suggest optional compromises. You should write that down.

Chloe just haves her baby.

DOCTOR: That's it, Chloe. You're doing great. Now I need you to push, okay? Here we go. And push. Push, Chloe. Come on. Push. That's it. You're doing great, Chloe. Five counts. Come on. 1...2...3...4...5. Good job, Chloe. You're doing great, and again. Push, Chloe, push. Come on.

Brooke and Julian look from the observatory. The other father enters the part.

ERIC: Hey, it's you.

JULIAN: Oh. Hey. Brooke, this is...

ERIC: Eric. Hi.

BROOKE: Hi.

JULIAN: What are you doing here?

ERIC: I was about to ask you the same thing. That's my girlfriend, Chloe. I'm about to be a father.

JAMIE(voice-over): I think people love babies because they see stuff like hopes and dreams in their eyes. They see the future, and they see goodness and the chance they have to be better than us. So I think babies are pretty cool. Oh, and baby rabbits are even cooler...Although I'm kind of glad Chester is a boy and never had babies 'cause I'm not sure I'd be able to give them up. I'd be too worried that they'd be okay and that someone would love them as much as I would.

Brooke and Julian comes to see Chloe in her bedroom. Brooke is sad and Julian tries to comfort her.

JULIAN: She just changed her mind, Brooke. She didn't want to do it alone, and then she wasn't alone. She held her in her arms, and she just couldn't go through with it.

BROOKE: It was a girl?

Nathan announces the news at the family.

NATHAN: It's a girl.

QUINN: Yay!

JAMIE: Yes!

NATHAN: Whoo! Oh. What do you say, buddy?

JAMIE: Is mom all right? And the baby?

NATHAN: Yeah, yeah. Everyone's fine.

JAMIE: When can we see her?

NATHAN: Well...

(Brooke and Julian joins them)

NATHAN: Brooke. You okay?

BROOKE: Yeah. I'm just so happy for you guys.

Brooke joins Haley in her bedroom.

BROOKE: Hi.

HALEY: Hi. Lydia, I want you to meet someone you're gonna love so much. This is your Aunt Brooke. Brooke, this is Lydia Bob Scott. You want to hold her?

BROOKE: Yeah. Oh.

HALEY(voice-over): 353,015. That's how many babies were born today. And this one is mine. Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of us.

End of the episode.