08x19 - Where Not to Look for Freedom

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

08x19 - Where Not to Look for Freedom

Post by bunniefuu »

PREVIOUSLY ON “ONE TREE HILL”

IAN: What the hell? I knew you guys couldn't be complete dorks.

CLAY: Complete dorks and officially your agents.

NATHAN: You got a bathroom in this place?

IAN: There's one in the back of the house passed the kitchen.

BROOKE: Julian!

CHLOE: I want two people who are gonna love this baby, and that's the reason why I want you guys to be the parents.

BROOKE: Well, since we don't know the sex, I like yellow. Julian likes green.

JULIAN: She just changed her mind, Brooke. She held her in her arms, and she just couldn't go through with it.

HALEY: Quinn? It's time.

NATHAN: It's a girl.

QUINN: Yay!

HALEY: This is Lydia Bob Scott.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley puts Lydia in her crib.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke arranges the businesses of the baby.

KELLERMAN'S HOUSE

Nathan, Julian and Clay looks at car which is the garage.

NATHAN: Was that the car from the bridge that night?

FLASHBACK, GABEL BRIDGE

JULIAN: No, stop! Stop! Stop!

BROOKE: Julian!

JULIAN: No, Brooke!

CLAY'S CAR

Julian is with Clay.

JULIAN: What the hell is wrong with people? How do you just drive away from an accident like that?

CLAY: Nate said he found an empty bottle of Phidian's in the front seat.

JULIAN: Bourbon? No wonder his son's a douche bag. This guy is an educator, a teacher who talks about ethics in business every day, and he just gets drunk, nearly kills Jamie and my wife, and just drives away. Ugh! Brooke nearly drowned that night, and he just leaves her there and gets away with it.

CLAY: Not for long. Hey, by the way, I'm sorry about the baby and the adoption. How's Brooke doing?

JULIAN: She's devastated. You know, she's trying, but she's a mess.

CLAY: Well, for what it's worth, she didn't die on that bridge. You know, she's alive. You two have each other. And take it from me that's a hell of a lot to have. Kellerman's class is about to start.

KELLERMAN'S CLASS

The class is starting. August sees Jamie in a seat.

AUGUST: Good morning. Take your seats. Stop talking, and let's begin. Well, it seems my class gets younger every day. You must have done exceedingly well on your advanced placement exams. What's your name, son?

JAMIE: Jamie Scott.

AUGUST: Jamie Scott. Of course. And your father is...

JAMIE: Nathan Scott. He's sitting right there.

AUGUST: Mr. Scott. Is it because you couldn't afford a sitter, or did you bring your son to match wits with me, like your so-called business partner, who, frankly, looked to be about the same age?

NATHAN: Nothing like that. He just wanted to see you again.

AUGUST; But I don't believe we've met.

NATHAN: You have, briefly. We ran into each other the night of the big storm. Well, actually, you ran into Jamie. You were in your Wagoneer.

AUGUST: You're sure it was the night of the storm?

NATHAN: Absolutely. You were in your Wagoneer, and you were with your friend, Mr. Phidian. And you were in a hurry, so we really didn't get a chance to talk.

AUGUST: Well, we should do that perhaps after class in my office.

NATHAN: We know where to find you. Come on, Jamie. We're holding up class.

(Nathan and Jamie leave)

AUGUST: You know... You won't get another today. Go enjoy it. Class dismissed.

STUDENTS: Whoo!

ONE TREE HILL – OPEN CREDITS

RED BEDRROM RECORDS

Quinn sees a microphone and starts to sing “Eye of the tiger”.

QUINN: “It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight risin' up to the challenge of our rivals and the last-known survivor st*lks his prey in the night and he's watching us all in the ey-y-e”

(She sees Alex)

QUINN: Of the tiger. Hey.

CLUB TRIC

Millie asks to Mouth to find a new topic for the new show.

MOUTH: dr*gs -- more specifically, drug stores.

MILLICENT: I do a story on drug stores? What's the angle?

MOUTH: The angle is how drug stores are the new coffeehouses. Remember when there was a new coffee shop on every block? Well, now it's drug stores. They're everywhere. It's like caffeine used to be the drug of choice, but now people are skipping the coffee and going right for the actual dr*gs.

MILLICENT: They could wash it down with the coffee. What else you got?

MOUTH: How 'bout the airlines? We keep bailing them out with more money, and they keep sucking. You could do an expose on the worst airline on the planet. They have those planes that don't ever leave the airport.

MILLICENT: I should probably keep it more general than that.

MOUTH: Okay, so talk about how the airlines charge for everything now snacks, bags, that ratty scrap of disease they call a blanket.

MILLICENT: Not bad.

MOUTH: And they lie. They're such liars. They know when your flight's gonna be three hours late, but instead of telling you, they say your flight's on time. Then they change the status every 20 minutes to give you 9 times' worth of false hope, as if that somehow makes it not as bad. Oh, how 'bout when they tell you to turn off your phone for safety reasons? If the safety of the plane could be affected by cellphones, do you really think they'd let you bring them on board?

MILLICENT: I never thought of that.

MOUTH: In this day and age, considering all their restrictions, we're really gonna trust first-time-flyer Carl back in 14C to turn off his cellphone so we can all land safely? I mean, considering he boarded with the wrong group, reeks of cologne, and laughs out loud at his own jokes, that's the guy we're gonna trust to do the right thing?

MILLICENT: You're kind of angry, Marvin McFadden.

MOUTH: About flying? Yeah, a little. Some idiot tries to light a b*mb with his stinking sweaty feet, and now I got to take my shoes off to walk through the foot rot of a million travelers every time I fly. They should have sentenced that guy to stand near the security check at every major airport, and we should get unlimited kicks.

MILLICENT: My baby is cranky.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley tries to deaden Lydia. Jamie comes in.

HALEY: Who's a fussy baby? Who's a fussy baby? No, there's no reason to fuss. No, there's no reason to fuss, baby. Oh. Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh.

JAMIE: Mom, Chester's a little upset with you.

HALEY: Oh, boy, a baby, and a bunny. Well, the cute factor's high. Why is Chester upset?

JAMIE: Well, I kind of told him that Lydia's middle name was Bob after of grandma's cat, and he was a little hurt by it.

HALEY: Oh. Gee, I'm sorry. Well, he does have a good point. Lydia Chester Scott -- I don't know. It doesn't quite have the right ring to it, does it? Does it?

JAMIE: I guess. But if I ever have a kid...Their middle name's gonna be Chester.

HALEY: I suppose that's fair. So, what do you got going on today, kiddo?

JAMIE: Not much. Dad's gonna take me to the Rivercourt every day this week as a reward.

HALEY: A reward for what?

JAMIE: For going to his class and messing with his teacher.

HALEY: August Kellerman?

JAMIE: Yeah, I think that's him. He has the bulldog, right?

HALEY: Yeah, Dogust.

JAMIE: I wonder if his son's middle name is Dogust. She's pretty awesome, mom.

HALEY: Yeah. I think so, too.

RED BEDROOM RECORDS

Alex imitates Quinn.

ALEX: “It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight rising up to the challenge of our rivals”

QUINN: Very funny. By the way, it's "thrill," not "cream."

ALEX: Oh, I thought it was "cream."

QUINN: Why would it be "cream of the fight"?

ALEX: Good point. "Thrill" is better.

QUINN: What are you doing here, anyway?

ALEX: I was just gonna ask you the same thing.

QUINN: Well, Haley asked me to help out for a couple of weeks since Lydia was born, which happens to be very good news for you.

ALEX: Why? Because I get free studio time?

QUINN: No. How many songs do you have?

ALEX: Uh, I don't know. A bunch.

QUINN: Good. How would you like to open for Olin & The Moon?

ALEX: Oh, my God! Are you kidding me?! Yes, absolutely!

QUINN: Perfect. It'll be this weekend.

ALEX: This weekend?

QUINN: Yeah.

ALEX: I'm opening?

QUINN: Mm-hmm.

ALEX: For Olin & The... who?

QUINN: The moon, yes. I hope.

ALEX: Wait. No, no, no, no, no. Why you hope so?

QUINN: Well, I mean, I have you. I just have to get Olin & The Moon.

ALEX: Damn it.

QUINN: No. No "damn it." Besides... I know something you don't.

KELLERMAN'S OFFICE

Nathan has a conversation with August.

AUGUST: Whatever you think you know, you've made a mistake.

NATHAN: I saw the car in your garage.

AUGUST: First of all, my home and my vehicle are my own business. Beyond that, I had an accident. So what? So what?

NATHAN: So you nearly k*lled my son and a good friend.

AUGUST: You're wrong. I swerved to miss some deer, and I hit a light pole.

NATHAN: You hit a car, Kellerman, on the Gabel Bridge, and then you drove away and left two people drowning in the river when the levee broke.

AUGUST: I didn't...

NATHAN: You didn't what? You didn't do it, or you don't remember doing it, considering the empty bottle of bourbon I found underneath your front seat?

AUGUST: You're making a mistake.

NATHAN: Okay. Okay. So, you had an accident the night of the big storm, you smashed the front of your late-model maroon Grand Wagoneer, and then you drove away without anybody seeing. Meanwhile, a different late-model maroon Grand Wagoneer crashed into my son's car on the same night at around the same time, and then also drove away. And the eyewitness is mistaken.

AUGUST: I have nothing else to say to you.

NATHAN: Well, I have something to say to you. My son was trapped inside that car. He was scared, and he was alone, and you left him there. His godmother nearly d*ed that night in front of his eyes. And you could have helped them, but instead, you slipped into the shadows like a coward. Well, I'm about to shine a light into those shadows because I know what you did, and you know what you did. And this is going to be made right by you or by me. You think about that.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke is sad for she couldn't have the baby.

JULIAN: Brooke, it's okay.

BROOKE: I know.

JULIAN: I don't want you to worry about this stuff. I'm gonna paint the wall, and we're gonna send these things back, and we're gonna be just fine.

BROOKE: I know. I'm all right. I can do it.

JULIAN: Hey. It's gonna be okay.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Quinn sings a song for Lydia.

QUINN: “Mahna mahna, doo doo-doo doo-doo mahna mahna, doo doo-doo-doo mahna mahna, doo-doo doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo Dee Dee-Dee-Dee Dee-Dee-Dee mahna-mah, mahna mah ma mahna mahna mahna mah mahna mah. »

(Haley comes in)

QUINN: Hey!

HALEY: Okay. Let's take the baby from insane Aunt Quinn.

QUINN: Oh, she likes her Aunt Quinn.

HALEY: Oh. Come here. Come here, baby.

QUINN: Besides, insane Aunt Quinn just booked Olin & The Moon to play Tric this weekend.

HALEY: Oh. Get out of here.

QUINN: Yeah.

HALEY: No, let's get out of here. She needs to sleep.

QUINN: Yeah. Yeah.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke and Julian are ready to paint the room. Phone rings.

JULIAN: You want it?

BROOKE: Depends. Who is it?

JULIAN: It's... Clothes Over Bros.

BROOKE: Hello?

CLUB TRIC

Alex joins Chase in the Tric.

ALEX: Hello.

CHASE: Hey, is that world-famous actress Alex Dupré or world-famous singer Alex Dupré?

ALEX: Not world-famous yet, but someday. So, check it out.

CHASE: Well, well. How much more handsome do I look?

ALEX: Same, which is very. Just thought you might want to see the baby steps.

CHASE: Very badass. How we doing on the booze and boys front?

ALEX: Well, I don't know how you're doing with booze and boys, considering you gave my job to mouth after he tied a cherry stem with his tongue. But I'm doing quite well, actually.

CHASE: You are. You're doing great. I'm proud of you for it.

ALEX: Baby steps.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley plays with Lydia.

COFFEE BAR

Victoria joins Brooke in the coffee.

VICTORIA: Hi, honey.

BROOKE: Hi.

VICTORIA: So, how are you?

BROOKE: Clothes Over Bros offered me a job.

VICTORIA: Well, it's about time. Let me guess -- the line doesn't work without the talented girl who spins the straw into gold.

BROOKE: I suppose.

VICTORIA: Vice President?

BROOKE: How'd you know?

VICTORIA: It's what I would have done.

Then they get your taste and your talent, and the higher-ups don't get their egos bruised. How's the money?

BROOKE: It's good. Maybe it's better than good. I get all influence creatively, and they still own my apartment in New York.

VICTORIA: You'd come back to New York, full time? How does Julian feel about New York?

BROOKE: He wants to go. We both do.

VICTORIA: I'm sorry about the adoption.

BROOKE: Me too.

VICTORIA: But if the money is better than good, you'd be crazy not to take it.

BROOKE: Do you think so?

VICTORIA: It's New York. It's lucrative. It's what you love to do. And it's your baby.

RIVERCOURT

Nathan and Jamie come to play basketball.

JAMIE: So, dad, today, I thought we could play a game with Lydia.

NATHAN: Yeah. Then, maybe after, we can work on your left hand.

JAMIE: Hey, where'd the baskets go?

NATHAN: "Future home of: The River View Condominiums."

JAMIE: What does that mean for the Rivercourt?

NATHAN: There won't be a Rivercourt.

(Nathan calls Mouth)

NATHAN(at phone): Hey, Mouth, do you know about the Rivercourt? Yeah, there's a sign up here that says they're turning it into condos something called the River View Condominiums. Yeah. Hey, uh...I'm gonna have to call you back. Okay. See you.

August comes in and wants to talks with Nathan.

AUGUST: Just the man I wanted to see.

JAMIE: I believe I owe you an apology.

AUGUST: It's okay. That's gracious of you, Jamie, but it's certainly not okay. Do you mind if I speak to your father for a minute?

JAMIE: Well, we can't play anyway.

NATHAN: Jamie, why don't you go ahead and wait in the car for a minute, okay?

JAMIE: Okay.

NATHAN: Thanks, buddy.

JAMIE: Hey, Professor Kellerman, can your dog actually ride a skateboard?

AUGUST: He can.

JAMIE: Cool.

AUGUST: I've been "Professor Kellerman" for nearly 30 years. I'm a senior academic with tenure. Do you know what that means?

NATHAN: It means they can't fire you.

AUGUST: It means they can't fire you without cause, usually stemming from severe misconduct. You mind if we sit?

NATHAN: I'd rather stand.

AUGUST: I'll sit. Academic tenure is primarily intended to guarantee the right of academic freedom. It protects teachers when they dissent from prevailing opinion, openly disagree with authorities, or spend time on unfashionable topics. It does not, however, allow you to drive drunk and flee the scene of an accident, which is what I did. I was having a dinner in Raleigh, and I-I didn't want to wait out the storm.

NATHAN: So you drove home drunk, with an open bottle of Phidian's in the car.

AUGUST: And that was wrong. So, as of today, I'm no longer Professor Kellerman. I've resigned my position. And I'll pay for any damages to the vehicle, hospital bills -- all of it. I'd appreciate that the authorities not be involved, but I'll understand if you feel it's necessary. And one more thing. I'm sorry. It's a good system, tenure... Except when teachers fail to use their freedom for the common good. Condos. It's a shame. Parks are important to a community, for families, fathers and sons. It's a shame.

CLUB TRIC/NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley can see the Tric by the TV.

QUINN: Hey-y-y...testing. Testing. Hales?

HALEY: Awesome! There you are.

QUINN: See, this way, you can be here for the show and be home with Lydia, too.

HALEY: That's so cool. Thank you. You look like you're on TV.

QUINN: I've always wanted to be on TV.

HALEY: Well, sing or dance or entertain me or something.

QUINN: Um... “It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight not the cream to the challenge of our rivals and the last-known survivor st*lks his prey in the night”

(The band come in)

HALEY: Quinny, uh...

QUINN: “And he's watching us all with the eye”. Um... Hey.

BAR COFFEE

Ian joins Nathan and Clay.

IAN: Hey.

NATHAN: Hey.

CLAY: Thanks for coming.

IAN: First off, congrats on the baby. Very strong. Tell her to come and see me in about 17 years.

NATHAN: Wow.

IAN: Second, uh...I don't know what to say. My dad is, um... Well, as you know, we're not very close, and, um...I just hope that what happened doesn't affect us you know, the three of us.

CLAY: We represent you, Ian. We don't represent your father.

IAN: Well, I appreciate that. I mean, the truth of the matter is, I feel bad for the old man, but at the same time, I got a showcase coming up.

NATHAN: And that's what you should be focused on. That's why we wanted to talk to you today. That workout's a big deal.

CLAY: Yeah, there's gonna be some big-time scouts there. Now, you just need to do what you do and just close the rest of it out.

NATHAN: It's like you told me that night on the mound he cannot touch you out there. You throw the ball, you strike them out, and that's it. We'll do the rest.

IAN: Okay. But before that, we need to get some drinks celebrate that baby.

CLAY: What are you guys doing tonight? I'm going to Tric. Olin & The Moon, Alex Dupré. If you guys want to roll through, I can put you on the list.

NATHAN: I'm gonna try to make it. It'll probably be a late night, though.

IAN: Perfect. I'm gonna get a workout in, and, um, I want to avoid Alex Dupré. I was kind of working that, but she totally blew me off.

CLAY: Smart girl.

NATHAN: All right, I got to go. Clay, I will see you tonight if you can get in. Ian, why don't you ask Clay why Alex Dupré knows he can see the ocean from his bedroom? I've never asked him.

IAN: So?

CLAY: Uh... I'm thinking pancakes.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Brooke has come to see Lydia and talks about her new offer.

HALEY: I can't believe they're gonna tear down the Rivercourt. It's gonna be so weird not to have it here.bIt's sad. Like...Reminds me that we're not who we used to be anymore.

BROOKE: I got an offer to go to New York.

HALEY: What?

BROOKE: A job offer to move to New York and design.

HALEY: For who?

BROOKE: Clothes Over Bros.

HALEY: Is that something that you'd consider?

BROOKE: Victoria thinks I should. Maybe it's good that the Rivercourt will be gone. When we see it, it just reminds us of what's gone of who we thought we'd be someday.

RIVERCOURT

Skills, Mouth and Millie discover the new project.

SKILLS: "Future home of: River View Condominiums"? Former home of a river view condominiums sign.

MOUTH: I can't believe it. We've spent most of our lives out here.

SKILLS: Yeah, every night and I mean every night.

MOUTH: We called every game here me and...Jimmy.

MILLICENT: Maybe there's something we can do find out if it's definitely happening and how soon.

SKILLS: A lot of living done right here, bro the end of an era.

CLUB TRIC

Chase joins Alex in her loge.

CHASE: How you doing, devilish?

ALEX: I need a drink... And a boy. I need a drink and a boy.

CHASE: So much for baby steps.

ALEX: Mia was right. I'm not a musician. I'm just an actress pretending to be one.

CHASE: No, you're not. I've heard your songs. They're great. And so are you. Don't drink that.

ALEX: Fine. Cheers. Mmm. Boy with a booze chaser. Yum. Okay.

Quinn introduces Alex.

QUINN: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the very beautiful and very talented Alex Dupré.

Alex starts to sing. Quinn joins Chase in the bar.

QUINN: She's good, huh?

CHASE: Yeah.

QUINN: And sexy and single. I'm just saying.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Jamie and Nathan plays with Lydia.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke drinks alcohol to forget her pains.

GABEL BRIDGE

Julian goes back in the accident place.

FLASHBACK, GABEL BRIDGE

Jamie and Brooke wedged in the car.

JAMIE: What's happening?

JULIAN: It's the levee! I got to get you out now!

BROOKE: Julian...

JULIAN: I can do it.

BROOKE: Help him.

JULIAN: I can do it.

BROOKE: Julian, he's just a boy.

JULIAN: I can get you out, Brooke!

BROOKE: Julian, save him, and then save me. Please? He's just a boy. Go.

CLINN'S HOUSE

Clay has fun to play the cow-boys.

RIVERCOURT

Mouth ans Millie dance and Skills plays basketball around them.

CLUB TRIC

Alex finishes her song.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Julian looks at picture of the family. Nathan sees him.

NATHAN: Want a beer or something?

JULIAN: No, thanks. I'm good.

NATHAN: So, Kellerman came to see me yesterday. He admitted that it was him. He resigned his teaching position, and he offered to pay any costs associated with the accident, and he apologized.

JULIAN: He apologized?!

NATHAN: I'm not defending him, Julian. I just wanted you to know what happened. He said that he was hoping we wouldn't go to the cops, but if we did, he would accept whatever happens.

JULIAN: You see, this is what I'm talking about, Nate so now it's on us? So I got to feel guilty if we turn in Kellerman for getting drunk and driving like an idiot? Great! That's on me now.

NATHAN: And me. What do you think?

JULIAN: I don't know. What do you think?

NATHAN: I think Kellerman's life was academia, and he just lost that.But if you want to turn him in, I'm completely fine with that, too. This has nothing to do with Ian or Fortitude.

JULIAN: I know that, but I want to talk to him.

NATHAN: Ian?

JULIAN: August Kellerman. I want to look him in the eye and hear his side of things.

NATHAN: I think that's fair.

CLUB TRIC

Quinn introduces the next group.

QUINN: First off, I want to say "hi" to my sister Haley. She's home tonight but, uh, watching on her webcam. So, let's all turn around and say, "hi, Haley!"

PUBLIC: Hi, Haley! Hi, Haley! Hi, Haley! Hi, Haley!

HALEY(at webcam): Hi! Say "hi," Lydia. Hi!

QUINN: Perfect. Now let's give a warm Tric welcome to Olin & The Moon.

The group starts to perform and Clay enters in the Tric.

QUINN: Hey, there you are!

CLAY: Hey. I had trouble getting in. My name wasn't on the list?

QUINN: What?

CLAY: I'm joking. Baby, you look hot.

QUINN: So do you, handsome.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Julian goes home.

JULIAN: We drinking tonight?

BROOKE: I'm thinking about it.

JULIAN: I got a better idea. This is one of every flavor they had. They didn't have Tequila-flavored.

BASEBALL FIELD

Ian practices and sees his father.

CLUB TRIC

The group finishes their song.

BASEBALL FIELD

Ian talks with his father.

IAN: All those games, and now you show up?

AUGUST: I've made a lot of mistakes with you...And your mother and in general. I'm sorry for that.

IAN: Well, "sorry" doesn't fix anything.

AUGUST: They've accepted my resignation. I told them I was done, that my heart wasn't in it anymore. But if the accident goes public, I'll deal with it. Does any of this matter to you that I loved my work?

IAN: Then you shouldn't have done it. I miss your mother, more every day, but I'm thankful she's not alive to see this...To see what's become of us.

IAN: The scouts are gonna be here, dad.

AUGUST: Good luck to you, son.

KELLERMAN'S OFFICE

Julian is coming to have a conversation face-to-face.

JULIAN: My name is Julian Baker. My wife, Brooke, was in the car you hit.

AUGUST: I'm sorry for that.

JULIAN: And you think that's enough? I watched her lungs fill with water because of what you did. I watched her eyes go dim.

AUGUST: I said I was sorry.

JULIAN: Well, "sorry" isn't enough. You insensitive jerk, that's my wife you understand? I nearly lost my wife. Nathan nearly lost his son. Do you know what that feels like?!

AUGUST: Yes, I do. I've lost both.

CLUB TRIC

Alex joins Chase at the bar.

ALEX: Hey.

CHASE: Very nice. Amazing technique and showmanship.

ALEX: So you liked it?

CHASE: I did. We're talking about that kiss, right? Buy you a root beer?

ALEX: I'll buy you one. So, how's that whole "hanging out with the kid" thing going?

CHASE: Chuck Skolnick he's a good kid when he's not smarting off or punching me in the stomach, which is most of the time.

ALEX: Well, I'm sure he loves hanging out with you. I know I do.

CHASE: No, no, no. You don't get to say flirty things after that badass performance up there. Haven't you heard the whole thing about a girl and a guitar?

ALEX: I thought it was a guy and a guitar.

CHASE: It's both. Trust me.

(Cellphone beeps)

ALEX: That's you.

CHASE: I told Mia you were amazing tonight, and she says congratulations and she told you so.

ALEX: Speaking of girls with guitars, you talk to Mia much?

CHASE: Sometimes. Just friends.

ALEX: Well, tell her I said thanks and hi.

CHASE: Yeah?

ALEX: Baby steps. Now what?

CHASE: Chuck says you're hot.

ALEX: Awesome. Cheers.

CHASE: Cheers.

RIVERCOURT

Skills, Mouth and Millie are here.

SKILLS: So, Millie, what's your next story gonna be about?

MILLICENT: I don't know. Marvin wants me to do an expose on the worst airlines.

SKILLS: Oh, that ought to be easy, considering their airplanes don't ever leave the airport.

MOUTH: What if you did a piece on the Rivercourt you know, something about the people who grew up here and what it means to the community?

MILLICENT: I like it.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley is with Lydia, Quinn joins them.

HALEY: Hey.

QUINN: So, what did you think?

HALEY: We thought you did amazing.

QUINN: So did you.

KELLERMAN'S HOUSE

August takes his staff.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke enters in the baby's room. Julian joins her.

JULIAN: Hey. I think you should take that job in New York.

BROOKE: Would you be okay with that?

JULIAN: I'd be great with that. Are you kidding? I think it'd be good for both of us. Getting out of Tree Hill. What do you think?

BROOKE: I think you're right. I think we'd be happy in New York.

CLUB TRIC

Nathan, Clay and Ian take drink to celebrate Lydia's birth.

IAN: So, I guess they accepted his resignation, and he's done.

NATHAN: We'll drink to that.

IAN: Yeah. So will I. We got to step it up, though. What's the name of that baby girl of yours?

NATHAN: I told you -- Lydia.

IAN: Mm, Lydia. Let's get a sh*t to Lydia. What's your poison?

CLAY: Oh, not Tequila.

IAN: You know what? I got this. Hey, Chase, come here.

NATHAN: Here we go.

CLAY: All right, changing subjects, it is looking very strong for your showcase. We're expecting at least a dozen teams to send scouts.

NATHAN: I'll drink to that, too.

CLAY: Yeah.

IAN: Yes, you will. Ohh! Gentlemen... Here's to Lydia, here's to my showcase, and here's to me being rich by the time I'm as old as you guys are.

NATHAN: Cheers. Uh, hold up. What are we drinking?

CHASE: It's bourbon.

IAN: It's not just bourbon. It's Phidian's. It's all I drink.

FLASHBACK

Nathan understand Ian was the person who hit Brooke and Jamie.

NATHAN(voice-over): You hit a car, Kellerman, on the Gabel Bridge.

AUGUST(voice-over): Whatever you think you know, you've made a mistake. If the accident goes public, I'll deal with it. Good luck to you, son.

CLUB TRIC

IAN: To me.

AUGUST(voice-over): Fathers and sons. It's a shame.

End of the episode.