01x10 - Act Two

Episode transcripts for the TV show "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series". Aired: November 2019 to present.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A group of students at East High stages a performance of "High School Musical.

01x10 - Act Two

Post by bunniefuu »

"Previously on High School Musical The Musical: The Series"

Act One scored on every level Sure, there were some last minute cast changes But the show reached new heights and everyone's true colors shined And now for a flawless Act Two

What did you do to Ricky?

I didn't do anything he asked me to fill in So it's true you're actually going on as Troy Yes I guess a certain part of me wants to say congratulations Yes, and a certain part of me wants to throw up Wait, if you're Troy then who's playing Chad?

Wildcats! You ready, bro?

Pray for me

Act Two, everyone Lots more fun ahead Act Two Carlos is wonderful! I hope you're so proud Okay All right, thank you

Ricky is amazing Wait till you see him in Act Two Looking forward to it

It just happened But I liked it, a lot Taylor, do you ever feel like there's this whole other person inside of you, just... looking for a way to come out?

Not really, no

Come on, let's go

That button turns on the confetti cannon for the finale This controls all the body mics Now when in doubt, bring all the lighting to a low dim and call it "ambience"

You know a lot about technical theater for a STEM teacher My robotics shows are famously elaborate

Good luck

I think we kind of nailed it Yes Wait, what's wrong?

You've played a lot more leading roles than I have What do you do when there's someone in the audience who could change your life?

Nini, listen you're a great actor So just act like someone who knows what she's doing Does that ever work?

Works for me everywhere I go It's my greatest trick also, sort of my only trick You have a ton of tricks Yes, well I saved my best one for tonight The Disappearing Gina Act

Come here

This is Nini, talk to me-me

So this is your real stage I guess you could call it that Or just a smelly gym What?

Wha... What's going on? Where's Ricky?

Where is Ricky?

Don't tell me you're good at hoops, too?

I once scored forty-one points at a league championship game No way Yes, in the same day I invented the space shuttle and microwave popcorn

No, EJ, I'm serious why isn't Ricky...

This was his idea Just trust me for once, okay?

Miss, I'm sorry this is a closed practice Dad, practice is over No, it's all good I'll be getting on my way

We can stay and sh**t some hoops, right, bro?

And I expect to see you back in detention pronto to prepare for the musicale, young man Hang on East High is about basketball not dance numbers If you wanted to do theater you should have stayed in New York Miss Darbus! Boom

"Seems like a part of me will always have to lose"

"Every single time I have to choose"

"Swore that it felt right but was I wrong?"

"Is this where I'm supposed to be at all?"

"I don't have the answers not today"

"It's like nothing makes the questions go away"

"What I would give to see"

There you are Hey Are you okay?

Yes, check your texts Well, is it stage fright?

Because people are counting on you, honey You've made a commitment to this You're one to talk about commitment...

I'm sorry?

It's not about nerves, okay?

It's about doing something for somebody I care about Okay, Ricky, what's going on?

Why would you bring him to the show?

Todd? I... I... I wanted him to meet you and I didn't say anything beforehand Because I didn't want to throw you off So you waited until I levitated above a basketball hoop and had to see him put his arm around you in the audience?

No, Ricky... How do you think Dad feels?

Honestly, I... I think Dad is happy that I'm happy You two looked plenty happy before the show started You were hugging I saw it, it was... It was like how it used to be Ricky, not all couples are meant to be together Sometimes people change I've got to... I... I want to watch this Support Seb and stuff Oh, Ricky...

Seb, what's the matter?

The music's been vamping so long I feel like I'm stuck in an elevator I don't know if I can do this What? You are the only person who can pull this off My family bought out three rows of the bleachers I don't want to let them down Seb, count your blessings and dance your heart out Bop to the sky, baby

"I believe in dreaming sh**ting for the stars"

"Baby, to be number one you've got to raise the bar"

"Kicking and a scratching grinding out my best"

You picked up all of these skills today?

I think I'm starting to get it It... It's kind of like a video game right?

Young man, have you considered applying to my robotics club?

What?

"SOS! Don't freak out but EJ is going on as Troy"

"I am so sorry"

"My mom's boyfriend showed up and I'm a mess"

"You deserve a real leading man out there in front of that scout"

Well I guess that's sort of sweet in a really dumb way

Hey! What happened to you?

It's a long story, I could ask you the same thing Also a long story I got a last-minute flight Yes? So did Todd

Is Todd the only reason you left the show?

Honestly... This is Nini's big moment The best thing I could do for her is just take a step back and watch

Come on, then, let's watch I don't know seeing that dude in my costume...

Nightmare fuel for sure But we owe it to the team Let's go watch EJ Caswell sweep himself off his feet

I'm glad you came back

And that's showbiz

"We're soaring flying"

"There's not a star in heaven"

"That we can't reach if we're trying"

"So we're breaking free"

I can't do it, Troy Not with all these people staring at me Hey, look at me, Gabby Right at me Like the first time we sang together Like kindergarten, remember?

Like kindergarten, remember?

Remember kindergarten?

There's nothing like the friends you made back then And they never really leave do they?

What are you doing?

Something right, I hope I'm going to play to lose I'm not the Troy you want

"You know the world can see us"

"In a way that's different than who we are"

"Creating space between us"

"Till we're separate hearts"

I'm really not at my best Just look at me, Ricky right at me

"But your faith it gives me strength"

"Strength to believe"

"We're breaking free"

"We're soaring"

"Flying"

"That we can't reach"

"If we're trying"

"Yes, we're breaking free"

"Oh, we're breaking free"

Some wonderstudies we are?

"This is truth"

Hell yes, we are

"We see it coming"

Thank you For buying me that plane ticket It just...

Didn't seem fair for you to miss all this

"Both of us breaking free"

"Soaring"

"Flying"

"That we can't reach"

"If we're trying"

"Yes, we're breaking free"

"Breaking free"

"We're running"

"Climbing"

"To get to the place"

"To be all that we can be"

"Now's the time"

"Now's the time" "So we're breaking free"

"Oh, we're breaking free"

"You know the world can see us"

"In a way that's different than who we are"

Yes Ricky! Nini!

What just happened?

That... just happened

"Together Together"

"Together everyone"

"Together Together"

"Come on let's have some fun"

"Together"

"We're there for each other every time"

"Together Together"

"Come on, let's do this right"

"Together Together"

"Together everyone"

"Together Together"

"Come on, let's have some fun"

Hey, can I ask you a question?

Can it wait until after we bow?

Yes Okay

"We're all in this together"

"Once we know That we are"

"We're all stars And we see that"

"And it shows When we stand"

"Hand in hand Make our dreams come true"

"We're all in this together When we reach"

"We can fly Know inside"

"We can make it We're all in this together"

"Once we see There's a chance"

"That we have And we take it"

"Wildcats sing along Yes, you really got it going on"

"Wildcats in the house Everybody say it now"

Where is she going? This isn't the choreography

"When we reach We can fly"

"Know inside We can make it"

You know what to say Is that the last apple?

This is kind of the best Honey, wait till you see what I picked for the spring musical

"Wildcats everywhere"

"Wave your hands up in the air"

"That's the way we do it"

"Let's get to it Come on everyone"

Well, I guess my hope of publicizing the robotics program came too little, too late Guess again, rock star

I don't think he's ever been part of anything before But he's finally found his thing Big Red the Third doing the name right Thank you, sweetie My goodness! We love...

Wildcats! Wildcats! Wildcats! Wildcats! Wildcats! Wildcats!

Wildcats! Wildcats! Wildcats! Wildcats! Wildcats!

So, who are the flowers for?

Everybody, hold we've got a card, people

"To Ashlyn, because you get me"

EJ! Really?

I didn't write that I did

Okay, if you guys stay in here any longer your parents are going to riot in the lobby Hey. Have you seen Nini?

She's packing up That boarding school person took off I think she's taking it pretty hard

Hey! There you are Hey I was wondering where you went Yes, just making sure I have everything I need

Sorry that teacher chick left She doesn't know what she's missing No, it's okay You sure?

Honestly, I was kind of dying to get in all of a sudden But now she's gone and it looks like I'm meant to be at East High So, that's okay Yes

Oh, what was your question?

The question you were going to ask me before we bowed?

Yes, no, I was just...

I was just going to say what happens now?

What do you mean?

I've... I've never opened a show or... or closed one So, like... What happens now?

Usually the theater kids cry and then we go to Denny's I mean, now that it's all over

Don't you and Big Red have, like deeply three months of video games to catch up on?

Yes, I guess so

Is that it?

Great job tonight, Ricky I love you I've loved you since the first time you picked up your ukulele and you wrote a song about clouds a silly little song about clouds I love you And that night in your room when you told me you loved me I meant to say it I meant to say it And I've kicked myself every day since then because I didn't say it But I do, I love you I've loved you since seventh grade when I made you ride in the front row of Demon's Destiny at Six Flags And you told me sometimes get a little seasick on roller coasters And I said, "Come on, live a little"

I remember Yes, and then I pucked all over your shoes and you didn't even make me feel bad about it No you just said...

"No worries I've been waiting to get rid"

"of this shoes for a while"

Yes, because you outgrew them The thing is... I never outgrew you And I don't really know what happens tomorrow or in two minutes when we walk out that door All I know is... I want this feeling to keep going Because this whole experience...

I'm just... I'm not ready for it to be over

For us to be, I mean And if that means doing another musical, then fine I get to pick the musical Fine, that's fine, it's all fine I just... I don't want this to be just be a showmance, really I want it to be the real thing I mean, I think it is the real thing I just...

I... I want a chance to prove it I do, I... I mean... Look...

Ricky, you know in musicals when people burst into song when they've run out of things to say?

Yes?

Sometimes it's easier to just kiss Yes Yes

Hey, wait What's this?

Open it What?

Okay

"To Freaky Callback Boy"

This is nice I am a guy who wears necklaces now apparently Yes And I also feel less stupid for doing this

"To Freaky Math Girl"

Of course There's a song, too, I...

I kind of owe you one

knock, knock Nini, your moms are asking for you and I think your grandma wants pictures Got it I should probably... Yes One more Okay, okay I'll catch up, got to get some of this makeup off

Cas party at Ashlyn's, you guys! Everybody's invited!

I'm in Wait, didn't we just do a party?

What can I say? I was born to rage I smell a-choosical redo-sical!

I made up some new questions Gina, wait, hey, you coming?

I can't Flying back in a couple hours Cancel it, you can spend the night in our guest room Honestly, you can stay through Christmas if you want Or, actually...

What?

I just had the craziest idea

Mister Mazzara!

I have something to say to you Well, that makes two of us We finally figured out who started the fire in the theater Faulty wiring? Senior prank?

It was the two of you

Hey! Thank you appreciate it

Nini Oh, my gosh!

Hi You're from the...

Conservatory, Kalyani Patel it's nice to meet you I just... I I... I thought you left Forgive me for leaving before the curtain call I had an important phone call to make to the president of the board

Nini, you have talent But more than that you have a unique voice and it's clear you have things to say I would like to offer you a spot starting next month

You'll let me know?

Yes

Yo, Nini! You ready to go?

Come on, everyone's waiting

Buckle up, Wildcats You are not seen nothing yet

I have a lot of questions