Musicals/Concerts Movie Collection.

Moderator: Maskath3

Watch on Amazon   Merchandise   Collectables

Musicals/Concerts Movie Collection.

Stop Making Sense (1984)

Post by bunniefuu »

Hi, I've got a tapewriter to play.

"Psycho k*ller"

I can't seem to face up to the facts I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax. I can't sleep, cause my bed's on fire. Don't touch me I'm a real live wire.

Psycho k*ller Qu'est-ce que c'est? fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better Run run run run run away

You start a conversation you can't even finish it. You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything. When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed. Say something once, why say it again?

Psycho k*ller, Qu'est-ce que c'est? fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better Run run run run run away Oh Oh Oh

Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir-la Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir-la R'alisant mon espoir Je me lance vers la gloire ok Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya We are vain and we are blind I hate people when they're not polite Psycho k*ller, Qu'est-ce que c'est? fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better Run run run run run run away Oh Oh Oh

"Heaven"

Everyone is trying to get to the bar. The name of the bar, the bar is called Heaven. The band in Heaven they play my favorite song. They play it one more time, they play it all night long.

Oh heaven, heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens. Heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens.

There is a party, everyone is there. Everyone will leave at exactly the same time. When this party's over it will start again. It will not be any different, it will be exactly the same.

Heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens. Heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens.

When this kiss is over it will start again. It will not be any different, it will be exactly the same. It's hard to imagine that nothing at all could be so exciting, could be this much fun.

Oh, heaven, heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens. Oh, heaven, heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens.

"Thank You For Sending Me An Angel"

Oh, Oh, baby you can walk, you can talk just like me. You can walk, you can talk just like me. You can look, tell me what you see. You can look, you won't see nothing like me if you look around the world.

Oh, baby you can walk, you can talk just like me. With a little practice, you can walk like, talk just like me. If that's what you wanna do. Well, you can look, you'II walk in circles around me. But first, I'II walk in circles 'round you. But first, I'II walk around the world.

I'm walking 'round the world, here we go. I you can walk, I walk in circles 'round you. But first, show me what can you do.

"Found a Job"

"Damn that television what a bad picture!" "Don't get upset, it's not a major disaster." "There's nothing on tonight," he said, "I don't know what's the matter!" "Nothing's ever on", she said, "so I don't know why you bother."

We've heard this little scene, we've heard it many times. People fighting over little things, and wasting precious time. They might be better off I think the way it seems to me. Making up their own shows, which might be better than T.V.

Judy's in the bedroom, inventing situations. Bob is on the street today, scouting up locations. They've enlisted all their family. They've enlisted all their friends. It helped saved their relationship, And made it work again.

Their show gets real high ratings, they think they have a hit. There might even be a spinoff, but they're not sure 'bout that. Just look at Bob and Judy; they're happy as can be, Inventing situations, putting them on T.V.

Judy's in the bedroom, inventing situations, Bob is on the street today, he's scouting up locations. They've enlisted all their family. They've enlisted all their friends. It helped save their relationship, And made it work again hit it.

"Slippery People"

What about the time? You were fallin' over Fell on your face. You must be having fun Walk lightly! Think of a time. You'd best believe, This thing is real Put away that g*n. This part is simple Try to recognize what is in your mind God help us! Help us loose our minds These slippery people, help us understand What's the matter with him? He's alright! How do ya know? The Lord won't mind Don't know no games. He's alright! Love from the bottom to the top! Turn like a wheel! He's alright! See for yourself! The Lord won't mind We're gonna move! Right now! Turn like a wheel inside a wheel!

I remember when Sittin' in the tub Pulled out the plug The water was runnin' out Cool down Stop acting crazy They're gonna leave And we'II be on our own Seven times five They were living creatures Watch 'em come to life Right before your eyes Backsliding! How do you do? These slippery people Gonna see you through What's the matter with him? - I seen his face - How do you know? - And then we're going to the top! Turn like a wheel! - See for yourself! - We're gonna move! - Turn like a wheel inside a wheel!

What's the matter with him? - How do you know? - No, no, no way. - I Love from the bottom to the top! Turn like a wheel. - See for yourself. - We're gonna move! - Right now! Turn like a wheel inside a wheel!

He's alright! - The Lord won't mind. He's alright! - Love from the bottom to the top! He's alright! - The Lord won't mind. Right now! - Turn like a wheel inside a wheel!

"Burning Down the House"

We've got a match!

Watch out you might get what you're after Cool baby strange but not a stranger I'm an ordinary guy Burning down the house Hold tight wait 'til the party's over Hold tight we're in for nasty weather There has got to be a way Burning down the house Here's your ticket pack your bag; time for jumpin' overboard Transportation is here Close enough but not too far, maybe you know where you are Fightin' fire with fire All wet yeah you might need a raincoat Shakedown thieves walking in broad daylight Three hundred sixty five degrees Burning down the house It was once upon a place sometimes I listen to myself Gonna come in first place People on their way to work say "Baby what did you expect?" Gonna burst into flame, go ahead

My house is out of the ordinary That's right Don't want to hurt nobody Some things sure can sweep me off my feet Burning down the house No visible means of support and you have not seen nothing yet Everything's stuck together I don't know what you expect staring into the TV set Fighting fire with fire

Burning down the house

"Life During Wartime"

Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons packed up and ready to go Heard of some gravesites, out by the highway a place where nobody knows The sound of g*nf*re, off in the distance I'm getting used to it now Lived in a brownstone, lived in the ghetto I've lived all over this town This ain't no party, this ain't no disco this ain't no fooling around No time for dancing, or lovey dovey I ain't got time for that now Transmit the message, to the receiver hope for an answer some day I got three passports, couple of visas don't even know my real name High on a hillside, trucks are loading everything's ready to roll I sleep in the daytime, I work in the nightime I might not ever get home This ain't no party, this ain't no disco this ain't no fooling around This ain't no mudd club, or C. B. G. B. I ain't got time for that now

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco this ain't no fooling around No time for dancing, or lovey dovey I ain't got time for that now Heard about Houston? Heard about Detroit? Heard about Pittsburgh, PA? You oughta know not to stand by the window somebody might see you up there I got some groceries, some peanut butter to last a couple of days But I ain't got no speakers ain't got no headphones ain't got no records to play Why stay in college? Why go to night school? Gonna be different this time? Can't write a letter, can't send a postcard I can't write nothing at all This ain't no party, this ain't no disco this ain't no fooling around I'd love you hold you, I'd like to kiss you I ain't got no time for that now Trouble in transit, got through the roadblock we blended in with the crowd We got computers, we're tapping phone lines I know that ain't allowed We dress like students, we dress like housewives or in a suit and a tie I changed my hairstyle so many times now don't know what I look like!

You make me shiver, I feel so tender we make a pretty good team Don't get exhausted, I'II do some driving you ought to get you some sleep b*rned all my notebooks, what good are notebooks? They won't help me survive My chest is aching, burns like a furnace the burning keeps me alive

"Making Flippy Floppy"

Wait a minute, to everybody get in line!

Nothing can come between us Nothing gets you down Nothing strikes your fancy Nothing turns you on You don't have to wait for more instructions No one makes a monkey out of me We lie on our backs, feet in the air Rest and relaxation, rocket to my brain Snap into position Bounce till you ache Step out of line And you end up in jail Doctor Doctor We have nothing in our pockets We continue But we have nothing left to offer Faces pressed against the window Hey! they are just my friends Check this out don't be so slick Break our backs it goes like this.

We are born without eyesight We are born without sin And our mama protects us From the cold and the rain We're in no hurry sugar and spice We sing in the darkness We open our eyes

I can't believe it And people are strange Our president's crazy Did you hear what he said Business and pleasure Lie right to your face Divide it in sections And then give it away There are no big secrets Don't believe what you read We have great big bodies We got great big heads Run-a-run-a-run it all together Check it out - still don't make no sense Makin' flippy floppy Tryin to do my best Lock the door We k*ll the beast k*ll it!

"Swamp"

Now lemme tell you a story The devil he has a plan A bag o' bones in his pocket Got anything you want No dust and no rocks The whole thing is over All these beauties in solid motion All those beauties, they're gonna swallow you up Let's go!

Hi - Hi hi hi hi hi, Hi - Hi hi hi hi hi, One time too many Too far to go Hi we're gonna take you home And when they split those atoms It's hotter than the sun Blood is a special substance They gonna pray for that man So wake up young lovers The whole thing is over Watch out touch monkeys All that blood, they gonna swallow you whole Hi - Hi hi hi hi hi, Hi - Hi hi hi hi hi, So soft, hard feelings No tricks lets go Hi we come to take you home

How many people do you think I am? Pretending I'm somebody else You can pretend I'm and old millionaire, a millionaire washing his hands Rattle of bones, dreams that stick out, a medical chart on the wall Soft v*olence and hands touch your throat, ev'ryone wants to explode And when your hands get dirty, nobody knows you at all Don't have a window to slip out of, lights on, nobody home Click click - see ya later Beta beta - no time to rest Peeka peeka risky business All that blood, they were covered in mess. Let's go

"What a Day That Was"

Well, I'm dressed up so nice, an' I'm doin' my best An' I'm startin' over; I'm startin' over in another place Lemme tell you a story, big chief with a golden crown He's got rings on his fingers, and then he walks up, up to the throne He's makin' shapes with his hands, an' don't choo dare sit back Now don't choo dare sit down, and don't choo dare speak up!

Oh and on the first day, we had everything we could stand Ooh who could've asked for more? And on the second day, we had nothing else left to do Ooh what a day that was, mmm wah!

Well there are 50,000 beggars roaming in the streets And they have lost all their possessions; they have nothing left to eat Down come a bolt of lightning, start an electrical storm Starts a chain reaction, go pull a fire alarm I said that I'm dreaming of a city, it was my own invention I put the wheels in motion, a time for big decisions, ho ho And on the first day, we had everything we could stand Ooh and then we let it fall And on the second day, there was nothing else left at all Ooh what a day that was, oh, ho Oh a day that was Oh ho, and that's the way it goes There's a million ways - to get things done There's a million ways - to make things work out.

Well I'm going right through and the light came down And they're roundin' 'em up from all over town, ha ha They're movin' forward & backwards, they're movin' backwards & front And they're enjoying themselves, moving in ev'ry direction And if you feel like you're in a whirlpool, you feel like going home You feel like talking to someone Who knows the differences between right and wrong, oh And on the first day, we had everything we could stand Ooh and then we let it fall And on the second day, there was nothing else left at all Ooh what a day that was, oh, oh

We're going boom boom boom, and that's the way we live And in a great big room, and that's the way we live

"This Must Be the Place "

Home is where I want to be Pick me up and turn me round I feel numb born with a weak heart I guess I must be having fun The less we say about it the better Make it up as we go along Feet on the ground head in the sky It's ok I know nothing's wrong nothing Hi yo I got plenty of time Hi yo you got light in your eyes And you're standing here beside me I love the passing of time Never for money Always for love Cover up and say goodnight say goodnight

Home - is where I want to be But I guess I'm already there I come home - she lifted up her wings Guess that this must be the place I can't tell one from another Did I find you, or you find me? There was a time Before we were born If someone asks, this is where I'II be where I'II be Hi yo We drift in and out Hi yo sing into my mouth Out of all those kinds of people You got a face with a view I'm just an animal looking for a home Share the same space for a minute or two And you love me till my heart stops Love me till I'm dead Eyes that light up, eyes look through you Cover up the blank spots Hit me on the head Ah, ooh

"Once in a Lifetime"

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack And you may find yourself in another part of the world And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife And you may ask yourself, well How did I get here?

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down Letting the days go by, water flowing underground Into the blue again, after the money's gone Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground.

And you may ask yourself, how do I work this? And you may ask yourself, where is that large automobile? And you may tell yourself; this is not my beautiful house! And you may tell yourself; this is not my beautiful wife!

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down Letting the days go by, water flowing underground Into the blue again, after the money's gone Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground.

Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was.

Water dissolving and water removing There is water at the bottom of the ocean Remove the water, carry the water Remove the water from the bottom of the ocean!

Into the blue again, into the silent water Under the rock and stones, there is water underground.

Letting the days go by, into the silent water Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground.

And you may ask yourself, what is that beautiful house? And you may ask yourself, where does that highway lead to?

And you may ask yourself, am I right? Am I wrong? And you may say to yourself, MY GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down Letting the days go by, water flowing underground Into the blue again, into the silent water Under the rock and stones, there is water underground.

Letting the days go by, into the silent water Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground.

Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was Same as it ever was.

Time isn't holding us, time isn't after us Time isn't holding us, time doesn't hold you back Time isn't holding us, time isn't after us Time isn't holding us, my God! Good God!

Letting the days go by Letting the days go by Letting the days go by.

Once in a lifetime Letting the days go by Letting the days go by Letting the days go by Once in a lifetime.

"Genius of Love"

Coming at you right now ladies and gentlemen, The Tom Tom Club, so check it out!

What you gonna do when you get out of jail? I'm gonna have some fun What do you consider fun? Fun, nasty fun

The girls can do it to you!

I'm in heaven With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend There's no beginning and there is no end Time isn't present in that dimension He'II take my arm When we're walkin', rolling and rocking It's one time I'm glad I'm not a man Feels like I'm dreaming, but I'm not sleeping

All that weekend Boyfriend was missing I surely miss him I think he'd hold me in his warm arms We went insane when we took cocaine.

Stepping out! Stepping in a rhythm to a Kurtis Blow Who needs to think when your feet just go With a hiditihi and a hipitiho Who needs to think when your feet just go Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon James Brown, James Brown James Brown, James Brown

If you see him Please remind him, unhappy boyfriend Well he's the genius of love He's got a greater depth of feeling Well he's the genius of love He's so deep.

"Girlfriend is Better"

I Who took the money? Who took the money away? And I- I-I-I, it's always Showtime here at the edge of the stage

& I, I, I, wake up and wonder, what was the place, what was the name? We wanna wait, but here we go again.

I takes over slowly, but doesn't last very long And I- I-I-I, no need to worry, evr'ything's under control O.U.T. But no hard feelings, what do you know? Take you away We're being taken for a ride again I got a girlfriend that's better than that, she has the smoke in her eyes She's movin' up, goin' right thru my house, she's gonna give me surprise Better than this, know that it's right, I think you can if you like I got a girlfriend with bows in her hair & nothin' is better than that, is it?

Down, down in the basement, we hear the sound of machines And I-I-I-I'm driving in circles, come to my senses sometimes Why, why, why, why start it over? Nothing was lost, everything's free I don't care how impossible it seems Somebody calls you but you cannot hear, get closer to be far away Only one look and that's all that it takes, maybe that's all that we need All that it takes, all that it takes, all that it takes, all that it takes I got a girlfriend that's better than that She goes wherever she likes

I got a girlfriend that's better than that Now everybody's getting involved As we get older and stop making sense, You won't find her waiting long Stop making sense, stop making sense Stop making sense, making sense, I got a girlfriend that's better than that And nothing is better that this

"Take Me to the River"

Take me to the river, drop me in the water Take me to the river, drop me in the water, water I don't know why I love her like I do All the troubles you put me through Take my money, my cigarettes; I haven't seen the worst of it yet I wanna know, can you tell me? I love to stay Take me to the river, drop me in the water Take me to the river, drop me in the water, water

I don't know why you treat me so bad Think of all the things we could have had Love is an ocean I can't forget My sweet sixteen I would never regret I wanna know can you tell me? I love to stay Oh oh oh, take me to the river Drop me in the water Dip in to the river Push me in the water Hold me, squeeze me, love me, tease me Till I can't, till I can't, I can't take no more of it Take me to the river Drop me in the water Dip in to the river Push me in the water

Good job, Jerry! Good job, Jerry! Sr. Jones! 12:30! Are you ready to rock! C'mon! Let's go!

I don't know why I love you like I do All the changes that you put me through Sixteen candles there on my wall And here am I the biggest fool of them all I wanna know, can you tell me? I love to stay

I wanna take me to the river Drop me in the water Dip me in the river Drop me in the water Uau!

I'd like to introduce the band by name Bernie Worrell

Jerry Harrison Ednah Holt

Lynn Mabry Chris Frantz

Steve Scales

Alex Weir

Tina Weymouth

(...and David Byrne

"Crosseyed and Painless"

Lost my shape Tryin' to act casual! Can't stop I might end up in the hospital Changin' my shape I feel like an accident They're back! To explain their experience Isn't it weird Sounds too obscure to me Wasting away That was their policy I'm ready to leave I push the fact in front of me Facts lost, facts are never what they seem to be Nothing there, no information left of any kind I'm lifting my head, looking for danger signs There was a line There was a formula Sharp as a Kn*fe Facts cut a hole in us

I'm still waiting I I..I'm still waiting The feeling returns Whenever we close out eyes Lifting my head looking around inside The island of doubt It's like the taste of medicine Working by hindsight Got the message from the oxygen Ooh I'm making a list Find the cost of opportunity Doing it right, right Facts are useful in emergencies The feeling returns Whenever we close out eyes Lifting my head Looking around inside.

Facts are simple and facts are straight Facts are lazy and facts are late Facts all come with points of view Facts don't do what I want them to Facts just twist the truth around Facts are living turned inside out Facts are getting the best of them

I'm still waiting I I..I'm still waiting