01x04 - The Bearer of Dad News

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Raven's Home". Aired: July 21, 2017 - present.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Best friends Raven and Chelsea are together again and raising their three children under one roof.

01x04 - The Bearer of Dad News

Post by bunniefuu »

Raven: "Raven's Home" was filmed in frot of a live studio audience.

(doorknob clicks) That's Dad! Get ready! Okay! All: Surprise! Aw! You guys shouldn't have! Uh, we didn't, Chels, this is for Devon.

I know.

I just I never had a surprise party before, so I wanted to see what it felt like.

It felt like you were yelling a hug at me.

All right, everybody, back to your positions.

Your father thinks that he is the king of surprises, but you know what? I'm not lettin' him move to Texas, until I give him his second heart att*ck.

When did Dad have his first heart att*ck? When I told him y'all were twins.

Shh! I hear him coming! All: Surprise! - How in the world? - I'm sorry, it just felt so good the first time, I had to do it again.

(Giggles) On a side note, Rae, your energy little low.

Guys, he's gonna be here any second.

Right, so get in position.

Chelsea! Down Okay.

I don't know where he is.

He's never late.

- (light switch clicks) - Surprise! (screaming) Boy, you are too old for this! (thud) Ahh, still the king of surprises.

Yeah, and breakin' and enterin'.

Stop sneakin' in my house! Ahh Hey - Yo Let me tell you somethin' Had my vision all worked out - But then life had other plans - Tell 'em Rae It's crazy when things turn upside down But you gotta get up and take that chance Maybe I'm just finding my way now Learning how to fly - And we're gonna be okay - You know I got you, right We might be wild, but you know that we make it work We're just kids caught up in a crazy world - Come on! - It's Raven's Home - Yep! We get loud! - It's Raven's Home It's our crowd! Might be tough, but together We make it look good Down for each other like family should It's Raven's Home When it's tough It's Raven's Home We got love 'Cause no matter the weather, you know we gon' shine There for each other, you know it's our time (Raven laughing) Yep! That's us.

(laughing) Hmm, Rae, this cake is delicious.

Thank you.

No one picks a store-bought cake like me! - Good one, good one.

- Hey, Dad, I got you a goin' away gift.

It's from our favorite deep dish pizza place.

Two more punches and you get a free slice.

Thanks, Book, but I don't think they're gonna have a Chicago's Best Pizza in Texas.

Ha ha ha.

Then I should probably hold onto that, heh.

I made you a pop-up book, so you'll remember all the fun things we did together.

Aww Wow, this is amazing! - Thank you, sweetheart.

- Yeah.

This was the time you took us to the petting zoo, and Booker got his head stuck in a bucket.

(laughs) And this was the time you took us to the Natural History Museum and Booker got his head stuck in a dinosaur.

(laughing) And this was the time you took us to the state fair and Booker went to the bathroom - and got his head stuck in the - Okay! Okay! Everybody knows where I got my head stuck! You had your head stuck in a toilet? What's wrong with you, boy? Not my fault.

I got a big head.

Ha! You ain't got to tell me.

I went through 12 hours of labor with that head.

I love it, Nia, thank you.

- Of course.

- Oh! I almost forgot! Haha! Look who I found! Ohh, Admiral Snuggles! (Giggles) I remember this bear.

You won him for us at Navy Pier.

Oh, yeah, right before I got my head stuck in the cotton candy machine.

Seriously boy, what is wrong with you? Well, I was thinkin', since I'm movin', he can live with you.

Don't worry, Dad.

I'll take good care of him.

And when he forgets to, I will.

Man, this is all movin' so fast.

I mean, it felt like just last week I was interviewin', and, now I'm movin' away.

Dad, you're gonna be the weatherman on the biggest morning show in Dallas.

You have to go for it.

I'm gonna miss you.

Maybe we should put a TV in my room so I can watch - whenever I get sad - You're not gettin' a TV, Book.

It was worth a sh*t.

Look, I better get goin', Rae.

It's It's gettin' late.

I got a long drive ahead of me tomorrow.

I love you guys.

We love you.

- Bye, Dad.

- Bye.

Bye.

Well this is it.

I guess so.

Man, I've never missed one of my weekends with the kids.

Just wish that I could wait till Monday to leave.

Me, too.

I had plans (sigh) Man, so did we.

I mean, the kids and I, we were gonna watch a scary movie, make some of my super spicy chili everything you hate doin'.

Not gonna lie, I was happy to lose those in the divorce.

You know, even though things didn't work out between us, Rae, uh I'm glad we're still friends.

Me too.

You sure you're gonna be okay doin' this on your own? Come on, now, Devon, you've been to my house.

I'm not alone.

I'm never alone.

I'd k*ll for five minutes alone.

We're gonna be okay.

Bye, Rae.

Bye, Devon.

- Hey, Rae, how about one last - Bye, Devon! Hey, Chels, the kids in bed already? Yeah.

Are you okay? Well, it depends, uh, did you throw that cake away? - No.

- Then I'm good.

I'm just a little worried about Booker and Nia, you know? It's a big change.

I hope they're gonna be okay.

Dad's gone.

Things are never gonna be the same.

Oh, Chels, I just saw the kids, and they were upset that Devon is leaving.

Ugh! I hate seeing them this way.

Well, of course, Rae, it's awful seeing your kids hurting.

When Garret left, God, it was so hard on Levi.

How'd you help him? Oh, well, whenever he'd get upset I'd, you know, do little things to take his mind off of it.

Oh! Well, that's a great idea.

I can do fun things with the kids all weekend to keep them distracted - from being sad.

- Yeah Oh! You know a really awesome distraction? You guys can help me clean up this living room.

Right? - I'll help you.

- Well, thanks, Rae.

- Yeah.

First I'm gonna - Yeah.

Clean up this cake And then I'm gonna clean up that ice cream in there.

- Hey, Mom! - (Gasp) Oh where'd you come from? Well, according to you and Dad, a long weekend in Hawaii.

That's why my middle name's Mahalo! Hey, Levi, why do you have on Admiral Snuggles' hat? The real question is, who's Admiral Snuggles, and why is he out of uniform? I don't know.

Why don't you go and ask him? He's over there in the box by the coffee table.

There's no box by the coffee table.

Oh, well.

I'm sure the kids took him to their room.

- They love that bear.

- They do? Yeah.

Now that Devon's gone, I'm sure they're gonna be fightin' over who's gonna sleep with it.

Oh, Rae, I don't think you have to worry about that.

Levi, can I see you in the living room? Levi, I threw that box away.

I thought it was trash! We gotta find that bear before the twins find out it's gone.

Don't worry, Mom, I'll help you.

Okay.

Well, let's go check the dumpster, huh? Mom! I'm the admiral! I give the orders! Let's go check the dumpster.

Aye, aye, son! (knocking on door) Hey, can I come in? Actually, I kind of wanna be alone.

Yeah, me too.

(sigh) Dad's only been gone a day and I already miss him so much.

Hey, you two! (singing) It's Saturday morning! Ow! Who's ready for the weekend? Why is Mom acting so weird? Is there a hidden camera in here? Are we being Mom'd? What are y'all doin' just sittin' around? Talking about Dad.

This was supposed to be our weekend with him.

Yeah, right about now we'd be makin' his super spicy chili.

Oh! That's okay, we can do that today.

We're gonna make Dad's super spicy chili.

Yeah.

Yeah, and then we can watch a super scary movie! The scarier the better! - But you hate that stuff.

- No, I don't, I love that stuff.

I was real sad when I lost it in the divorce.

Cool! We'll do the whole weekend we were gonna do with Dad! I love it, yes! And then no one will be sad! We're gonna have a happy, super fun Dad's weekend, with special guest host M to the, O to the, M to the, O to the, M to the, O to the, M to the, O O to the Whoo! Whoo! - Mom, you're gonna love this! - Mm-hmm.

It's how we start off every weekend with Dad.

Actually, we start with Dad telling us how good music used to be.

You wanna hear good music? I got three words for you: Boyz N Motion.

I got three words for you: Who is that? Just serve the chili.

- We followed Dad's recipe exactly.

- Yeah.

Booker, how much hot sauce did you put in here? The whole bottle? What were you thinking? You're supposed to put a bottle and a half! Come on.

Oh I I like how you just just poured it in there, no measurements, no little teaspoons, just gonna just gonna pour the whole thing in there.

If it's too spicy for you, have some milk.

- That helps.

- Oh, well, I'm not gonna need it, because I love spicy food.

Lemme just get a whiff of this real quick (sniffs) Aah! Aah! Aah! - I can't see! - Mom, you you okay? I can't see! I can't see! I'm chili blind! (giggles) Mom, you're so funny! Oh, I'd better put some milk on it, I gotta put some milk on it.

Mom? Whoa! That's the hottest hot sauce you can buy without a prescription! (screams) (gasp) Great.

Looks like the garbageman hasn't picked up today.

Smells like he hasn't picked up ever.

Let's just hope the bear is in here.

Come on, I'll give you a boost.

That won't be necessary.

I'm not goin' in there.

Well, neither am I.

Okay.

Let's settle this like we always do.

- Okay.

- Heads or tails? - Heads.

- I was thinkin' tails.

- Sorry.

- (groans) Levi! You're so good at that.

All right.

Well, here it goes.

Oh, Levi! I see it, it's right here! (cries out) Levi! Levi! Levi! I found Admiral Snuggles! (giggles) He was right next to this wig (squeaking noise) - Okay, I I think the wig's moving, Le Okay, it's got teeth, Levi, it's got (screaming) Guess you won't be needin' this hat back.

Maybe chili was too much for Mom.

What makes you say that? (toilet flushing) Oh, baby.

Ooh! Okay, uh (clears throat) Mm.

What we watchin'? Ooh, ooh, here it is.

Evil Elf 3.

Yes.

That movie is so scary, they recommend you watch it on a Friday, so you'll have the whole weekend to recover.

- Well, I mean, how scary can an elf be? - (giggles) He's so small! But so mean! Tell me when it's over! - Tell me when it's over! - (chainsaw whirring) (evil laughing) Nia, the poor thing's shaking.

Mom, I'm sure Aunt Chelsea will be home any minute.

Yeah, and we're right down the hall if you need us.

You gonna be okay? Yeah.

Yeah, I'm gonna be fine.

I'm a grown woman.

It was just a movie.

Hey, kids? Could you just Could you just keep the door cracked? You know, for Aunt Chels.

(door squeaking) (evil laughing) Tape! Tape! Okay, I need more tape.

- That's the last of it.

- I think I can save him! Mom you have to let him go.

No! I just need more tape! Oh, I think there's more tape in my bedroom.

I'll go.

I'm smaller.

Don't want to wake up Auntie Rae.

(door squeaking) Get a grip, girl.

You're a grown woman.

Ain't nobody in here.

(digging through drawer) (gasping) It's the elf! (digging through drawer) Okay, you know what? (digging through drawer) Not in my house! (pillow hitting Levi) Aah! Uh, I think there's been a misunderstanding? My bad.

What's goin' on? Well, I thought he was the evil elf from the movie.

Rae, you hate scary movies, why would you be watching that? We were trying to have a Dad's weekend with Mom, but - it's not working.

- No, no, it's working.

Mom, your stomach's upset and you're terrified.

You can't take much more of this.

No, no, no, no, no, please, you guys, I know today wasn't perfect, but don't give up on me yet.

Seriously, the weekend isn't over, we can turn this thing around.

Um, guys, I know this might not be the best time to bring this up, but you know that bear your dad got you at Navy Pier? - Yeah, that was a really fun day.

- One of the best.

Okay! Okay! Perfect.

That's what we'll do.

First thing in the morning, we're going to Navy Pier.

And we'll go with you! That way we can get another Admiral Snuggles.

Well, I really wish you'd thought of that before I went dumpster diving.

We can go on that new ride, the Wind Tickler.

(gasp) The Wind Tickler.

Now that sounds fun.

This is not fun.

This is not fun at all! Man, I'm so glad we're doing this! Whoa.

Everything looks so small down there! I can see the whole park from here! - Isn't this great? - Yeah, mm-hmm.

How high are we? (bird cries) Is that a bird? - (bird cries) - Are we bird high? - (Nia giggling) - Bird high is too high! Mom! Look! - There it is! Another Admiral Snuggles! - (Chelsea gasps) Step right up and be the lucky player! Make a basket, win a prize! It's easy, anyone can do it.

How much for the bear? - One dollar! - Oh, great, we'll take him.

Uh No can do, pretty lady.

You gotta win that teddy! Dollar a sh*t! Hit me! - Come on, Mom.

You got this.

- Yeah.

Ooh, so close.

Another dollar gets you another try.

But that was a perfect sh*t.

If it was perfect, it would've gone in.

You're not a very happy person, are you? I work at a carnival.

What you think? Okay.

All I have to do is pull this cord, and we drop 150 feet at 60 miles per hour! - (Booker and Nia giggle) - Count me down, bro.

100, 99, 98 - Let's start at five.

- Oh! - Five - Both: Four three two I can't do it! I don't wanna do it! I can't do it! - Mom, you okay? - Well, a plane just flew by, and I caught a piece of the in-flight movie, so no! I'm not okay! Mom, mom, mom, what are you doing? I'm tryin' to get to the pole! Mom? Mom Uhh! I'm about to get to this pole right quick, ow! Mom No, no, no, I don't why I let y'all talk me into this.

If we die, you're both grounded.

Here we go.

Oh! Aw, that was really close.

Even closer than the last one.

Not as close as the one two times before.

You've been really close on a lotta these.

Listen, I'm goin' again.

Give me the rock.

Something's up with this game.

- I'm not givin' you the rock.

- Give.

Me.

The rock! Both of you stop callin' it "the rock", you sound ridiculous.

Uh! He's been cheating this whole time.

Step right up! Anybody else! It's easier than she's makin' it look! What? Listen, I've got one dollar! I'm winnin' that bear! Here we go.

Whoa! He rigged the game! You can't win! But I have to, Levi, for Booker and for Nia! Give me the ball.

I can do this.

- Huh! - Ohh! - Grab the bear and run! - What? Oh! Levi! Mom, you have to let go! Uh-uh, uh-uh, you don't tell me what to do! I tell you what to do, I'm the mama.

Then we're stuck up here.

No, we're not stuck.

We just have to wait for the pier rescue helicopter.

There's always a pier rescue helicopter, isn't there? Mom, if you didn't wanna do this, then why are we up here? Because I didn't want you to be sad that your dad left.

But we are sad.

Dad's gone.

Things are never gonna be the same.

You're right.

And I shouldn't have tried to keep you from being sad.

I was wrong.

Listen, it's okay to be sad.

He's gone.

I miss him.

Me too.

Me too.

But hey you guys are gonna text him, and you're gonna visit.

We're gonna find a way to make this work.

Right? Right? Okay.

I'm ready to pull that cord.

Here we go.

That's weird.

I pulled the cord and nothing even (all screaming) That was epic! Let's do it again! - You down, Mom? - Haha! Ah-ha! Don't touch me! Don't touch me! Get away from me! Get me outta here! Get me outta here! Mom, he's trying to! I lost my shoe! Leave it! He's gaining on us! (screaming) Dad, you should've seen us on that ride.

It was insane! But Mom handled it like a boss.

She freaked out, didn't she? Clung to the post for 45 minutes.

Oh, man, I wish I'd been there.

You know, watchin' from the ground.

I hate heights.

Well, it looks like you survived your first Dad's weekend.

Barely.

You know what? I'm done doin' dad stuff.

I'm doin' Mom weekend next weekend.

Why? 'Cause no one's more fun than me.

That's why I live here.

Right? Well, that and splittin' the rent.

- Bye, Dad.

- We love you.

Love you, too.

Miss you guys.

Hey, look who I found.

Not that he was missing.

Oh, it's Admiral Snuggles.

(giggles) - Aw, he's mine.

No, he's - No, he's mine! This! This is why we can't have nice things.

Hey, guys, check it out! I'm Admiral Snuggles! (laughs) Guys? I think I'm stuck! Stop sticking your head in things! Seriously, boy, what is wrong with you?