01x24 - An Indirect Kiss

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steven Universe". Aired: May 21, 2013 - January 21, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tells the coming-of-age story of a young boy, Steven Universe and his friends—in the fictional town of Beach City.

01x24 - An Indirect Kiss

Post by bunniefuu »

We are the Crystal Gems we'll always save the day and if you think we can't we'll always find a way - # that's why the people # - # of this world # - # believe in # - # Garnet # - # Amethyst # - # and Pearl # And Steven! Steven, hurry up! Are you okay? - I'm fine.

- Are you sure you're okay? Yeah.

Okay.

Uh, so, um Is this fence new? Eh it's a long story.

- Is it a magic story?! - M-M-M-a-a-a-ybe? Well, what happened?! Tell me.

Please? Okay, okay.

But it's not a happy story.

Amethyst was horsing around by the cliff.

Amethyst, be careful! Steven, why you getting so worked up? What do you care about me or something? - Yes! - Aw, Steven, I didn't mean to make you whoa-a-a-a-a-a! Amethyst, stop! You're gonna fall! Ooh! Steven, I'm - gonna fa-a-ll! - Amethyst, you're - gonna get hurt! - Steven, please.

I'm a gem warrior.

I'm not gonna fa Ugh.

This is so embarrassing.

I'm okay! So, I ran down there as fast as I could.

- Are you sure you're okay? - Yes, Steven.

I'm fine, except for this! - Amethyst! - Great.

- Show me your gem! - Fresh! Amethyst, your gem is cracked! Rude! It's not a big deal! Plus, now I have this cool googly eye! How did this happen? She fell off the cliff by the lighthouse.

- Did not! - Of course.

How could I have been so blind? We need to put a fence up there - so this will never happen again! - And that's why there's a fence.

The end.

- Wait, what happened to Amethyst? - Uh - Come on.

Tell me the rest! - I don't wanna.

Steven? Steven - Mm - Steven! Okay, okay! But only if you let me try on your glasses.

Only if you give me the rest of your juice.

Okay, but it's mostly backwash.

- Good enough.

- How do I look? - I have no idea.

- Well, um, so Uh, we were all worried about Amethyst.

So, what's the problem? - Amethyst falls on stuff all the time.

- It'd be fine if it was just her body, but her gem is damaged.

So what do you do to fix it? Before we had Rose.

Steven, your mother had healing tears that flowed from her gem.

She felt real love for those around her.

She felt real sorrow when they were hurt.

You have the Rose Quartz gem now.

- I know that power is in you, too.

- Amethyst, show me your gem! Yeah, all right.

The power to heal.

It's not working.

I guess I'm just too tough to cry.

Just today, you were crying about snakes.

- They don't have any arms! - We have no choice.

We need to take Amethyst to Rose's healing spring.

Guys, I'm fine.

I'm not gonna get any wor-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r _ And in the center of the garden Rose's fountain, overflowing with your mother's healing, lachrymal essence! - I don't see it.

- Wha _ Now, now! Uh, let's keep it together! Our memories of Rose can't be tainted by some overgrown brambles! Look at them.

They're a mess without her guidance.

Directionless, pathetic, clinging things.

- It's going to be okay, Garnet.

- Sure.

Y-Y-You really think so? Healing tears! Hmm.

Maybe there's a path over here! _ Pain can make one cry.

Where is pain? Amethyst, no more roughhousing! You'll exacerbate your cr*ck! _ Aw, right in the gem.

_ Ohh! Oh! Keep calm.

What we need to do is get you Into the fountain immediately, if we can ever find the way - under all this mess! - Shh.

I needed that.

This way.

We could've probably gotten in without hurtling a giant rock into Rose's most precious sanctuary! But if you're okay with it, I'm fine, too! This isn't right.

- The fountain isn't running.

- What? - W-What's wrong with it? - I'm not sure.

Is that mom? Oh, oh, I'm getting emotional! I think it's happening! Uh, I'm really feeling it! Headache! So give back my glasses and finish the story! Ah, come on! I had it! Steven, it's fine.

Just just stay here and watch Amethyst.

We'll find out what's wrong with the fountain.

No, no.

Wait! I can still do it! Wait, wait! It might still happen! Guys? _ I can't understand you! I don't understand anything! Why is everyone acting so strange? Why can't I why can't I cry?! Why can't I cry? It's just I mean, I don't know how to feel about you, but everybody else does.

I wish I could have met you.

Then this place could make me sad, and I could cry healing tears, like you.

Are you okay? Keep going.

Amethyst, Where's your gem? Amethyst, I'm sorry! I can't do anything right.

Now I'm going to lose you, and it's all my fault.

Ha, ha.

You care about me.

Please let me be a magic healer.

Oh, come on! Look at this guy, saving my life and junk.

- Oh, thank goodness.

- Did you see what I did? It was magic! My tears brought the fountain back to life and saved Amethyst! I'm pretty sure Garnet and I unplugging a clogged chamber brought the fountain back to life.

- We saved Amethyst.

- You don't think my crying was a little related to that? Oh, Steven, you don't have healing tears.

You'll never have any real magic powers, and we don't want - anything more to do with you.

- She didn't really say that.

No, but that's what it felt like.

Is that why you've been so down? Oh.

You can have your juice back.

Nah, that's okay.

Everyone expects me to be like my mom.

What if I never get those powers? Then you'll be like me.

That's not so bad.

But if I don't have powers, then I can't hang out with Amethyst or Garnet or Pearl, and I-I can't - go on missions! - You don't need any powers to be here with me.

Ow.

Ugh.

- What's wrong? - I think There's just there's something wrong with my glasses.

My My eyes.

I-I-I can see! - What? - I can see without my glasses! Did I heal your eyes? But how? The juice box! I don't have healing tears! I have healing spit! What am I going to tell my parents? What am I going to tell my optometrist?! I don't even know! Oh, thank you, Connie! Lion, let's go tell the gems! They're never gonna believe this!