02x01 - Full Disclosure

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Steven Universe". Aired: May 21, 2013 - January 21, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tells the coming-of-age story of a young boy, Steven Universe and his friends—in the fictional town of Beach City.

02x01 - Full Disclosure

Post by bunniefuu »

We are the Crystal Gems we'll always save the day and if you think we can't we'll always find a way - # that's why the people # - # of this world # - # believe in # - # Garnet # - # Amethyst # - # and Pearl # And Steven! That could have gone a lot worse.

Could have gone a lot better, too.

Steven, I got your message.

Steven? What happened?! We won! Is that Amethyst? Uh, what what's going on? You said there's some kind of giant space hand and you all might die? Whoo-hoo! Yeh-heh-heah! Connie! You're not going to believe what happened! Where do I even start? - Whooooo! - It's been a madhouse over here! Amethyst! That's enough celebrating! Huh? - Steven! - Dad! Connie, I have to go.

I promise I'll call you back.

Dad's back! Dad's back! Oh! Thank goodness! You're okay! I saw the spaceship start to leave, and then it crashed, and I came back, and Ugh! Your eye.

But you're okay! I guess those jerks were no match for the Crystal Gems! No way! They were superstrong! But you were able to b*at them back? No.

They totally stomped us! This warrior Jasper was super-beefy and knocked me unconscious.

Then they abducted me onto the ship because they wanted to take me away forever.

And then we crashed the ship, and I almost d*ed! - What did they want with you? - They think I'm Mom.

A-Are more homeworld gems gonna come after you? I uh I don't know.

Maybe? Steven, I'm supportive and very proud of you, and I'll be right back.

Got to calm down.

Where's my Where's my relaxing-music CD?! This one? Wrong one! Stop! Eject! Now, Connie, please don't freak out, but a giant laser hand tried to steal me into space.

But it didn't.

It didn't.

I'm back, and everything is f-fine now.

Uh Um, Connie, funny story as it turns out, there's a lot more gems out there than we thought, and I think they want to k*ll me? Hey, Connie, that that message I left you was was just a dream.

Eh, she's too smart for that.

Yo! - Oh.

Hey, Ronaldo.

- Didn't you hear? Mayor Dewey's calling everyone back into the city.

We can go home now.

Oh.

I see.

You come up here to brood, too! - Brood? - Yes, Steven.

That's just what people like us do suffer quietly, shouldering the knowledge - no one else can bear.

- Hmph.

As an aficionado of "the weird" yourself, you've probably noticed ordinary people fear the cold, leaded anchor of the truth.

The abyss is no Sunday swan ride.

I know! My dad flipped out when I told him! Sounds typical.

But it's a good reminder.

This is no easy path we've chosen here.

There are sacrifices.

Look at them all down there, Steven.

It's our duty to let those simple people live out their simple lives without ever knowing the burden of being friends with us.

At least we can be there for each other.

Is that giant hand from the sky sitting right in the middle of the beach?! I got to get some of this for my blog! Everybody told me gem stuff's dangerous I guess I didn't believe it until now dad always seemed apprehensive and now he's really freaking out what do I do? I don't want that for you everybody tells me life is precious on the planet Earth and that means you, and I have to protect you what if somehow you get hurt? what do I do? I don't want that for you ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh what am I going to tell you? you're better off not knowing the trouble I'm in I don't want you to worry about what I've just seen, about where I've just been you don't have to be a part of this I don't think I want you to be you don't need this you don't need me ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh Aww, come on! No whining.

We need to start cleaning up the debris.

Garnet's right.

People are already coming back into town.

We've got to keep them off the beach.

If any humans got access to gem technology, they could really hurt themselves.

Maybe we should shut them out for good.

You know, we did once have a fence.

Let's get a new one with barbed wire! This time, let's build a moat.

I could be the crocodile! Jazz hands.

- No.

- Why not?! You always say you'll be the crocodile, - but you never commit.

- No fence, either.

Garnet! Steven needs to see his father and his friends.

No, I don't! I can't keep clinging to the vestiges of my humanity.

It's time I got serious.

Steven, why is your communication device - playing that song? - It's Connie trying to call me.

But I can't face her anymore.

So you're just going to ignore her forever? - It's the responsible thing to do.

- That's gonna be hard, 'cause she's coming up the steps right now.

What?! Ohhh! Hello Connie.

- Is Steven home? - No.

Is he okay? I'm just really worried.

He hasn't been answering his phone.

- What's going on? - Uhh I-I don't know.

I don't understand your human relationships.

So um goodbye.

Steven! Steven!! Steven? Steven! Are you in trouble? Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Why are you avoiding me? Steven, I know you're here! Why are you hiding from me?! "I don't want to be friends anymore"? - Steven? - I can't be with you anymore.

- I have a destiny.

- Say it to my face! Say you don't want to be friends anymore! If you can do that If you can do that, I'll leave you alone.

And I'll just go back to having no friends.

But I won't believe it until you say it to my face.

Well?! I still want to be friends! Steven, your eye! What happened to you? I didn't want you to worry about it.

I've been worried sick all day.

What do you think I'm doing here? I just wanted to protect you.

Stop.

Just tell me everything.

So Lapis and Jasper are somewhere underwater.

Yeah.

And Peridot escaped while the ship was coming down.

- She could be anywhere.

- That is a lot to take in.

- Are you okay? - Are you okay? You're the one that's been through everything.

The least I could do is just listen.

I can't ask you to do that.

I want to, Steven.

I want to be a part of your universe.

Kiddo! There you are.

Oh, hey, Connie.

Do you need a ride home? Oh.

Dad.

Are you doing okay? I got it out of my system.

I'm back to being your cool dad.