03x01 - The Clowns Here k*ll Part 1

Episode transcripts for the 2016 TV show "Escape the Night". Aired June 2016 - September 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

In "Escape the Night" ten guests are invited from the modern world to attend a dinner at Joey Graceffa's newly acquired mansion estate, which has been locked in the 1920's; when America was roaring... roaring with madness. This is a dinner party to die for. No one is safe.

03x01 - The Clowns Here k*ll Part 1

Post by bunniefuu »

Narrator: Previously on "Escape the Night"... Joey: I thought I had defeated the evil for good this time. ( screaming )

I thought I was going home. I was wrong. I d*ed, and my soul went to the world between worlds.

( unsettling music ) ♪ ♪

I have a way for you to get back. But your friends will need to die. ♪ ♪

This contract binds you to Everlock. Save the town, and you will return to the living.

Fail, and be lost among the dead forever.

( The Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" ) ♪ ♪

My friends, I'm going on an extraordinary adventure, and I'm in need of your help.

And so are hundreds of others. ♪ Please allow me to introduce myself ♪

♪ I'm a man of wealth and taste ♪ ♪ I've been around for a long long year ♪

♪ Stole many a man's soul and faith ♪

♪ I was around when Jesus Christ ♪ I have a letter for you. Bitch, where's my burger? I did not order this.

"My friends, I'm going on an extraordinary adventure, and I'm in need of your help, and so are hundreds of others."

Oh, bitch, what? "This is not an invitation to a ball or a dinner party.

It's an invitation to embark on a dangerous mission." Okay! That's me!

"It may sound impossible, but there's a town trapped "in the 1970s, and very soon everyone in it will be dead

unless we do something about it." "There's a dark séance that will take us back in time, "but for it to work, you must choose a personality

reminiscent of that era, and dress like them." "Remember, nothing from the modern world can come with you."

Can I bring my gloss, though? "The people of Everlock will know their role and their place "but you will be operating without knowledge

or understanding of what's to come." "This Friday the 13th, the doorway to Everlock "will be open, and we will only have

that one night..." "To complete our mission. Joey." Don't worry, Joey. I'm on the way.

♪ Oh yeah ♪ ♪ Oh what's puzzling you is the nature of my game ♪

♪ Oh yeah ♪ ♪ I watched with glee while your kings and queens ♪

♪ Fought for ten decades for the gods they made ♪ ♪ I shouted out who k*lled the Kennedys ♪

♪ When after all it was you and me ♪

♪ Let me please introduce myself ♪ ♪ I'm a man of wealth and taste ♪

♪ And I laid traps for troubadours ♪ ♪ Who get k*lled before they reach Bombay ♪

♪ ♪ ♪ Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name ♪

♪ Oh yeah ♪ ♪ But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game ♪

♪ Oh yeah ♪ ( unsettling music ) ♪ ♪

( laughing ) Where's Joey? I haven't seen him in a while. Like, couple months. We're in, like, the middle of nowhere,

and it's dark, and we're literally by a fire. We're waiting for, like, five hours here. And I'm like, "Honey, like, that's just bad hosting."

I thought this was just a collab. Like, I thought this was just gonna be a collab. I thought a mission in the '70s was just, like,

a really cool YouTube video idea. I didn't realize it was, like, a full-on mission in the '70s.

Why did he have us meet him here? Is this the town? This is clearly not the town. The letter from Joey said that there was a town stuck

in the 1970s that we had to save. Now, I love the 1970s. I'm just here to see, you know, like, can we actually time travel?

I think we've waited long enough. - Yeah, I agree. - You guys came! ( cheering )

Oh, my God! ( cheering ) I didn't know if you guys were gonna come or not. We've been waiting for hours!

( all talking at once ) We've been really worried about you. - Thank you. - So, tell us about this town.

- Yeah. - Uh, so, I need your help. I really don't know much about how we get there. But I was given this, and we need to save this town.

So, I have a mission. I need to save this town if I wanna come back to life. And if that requires my friends possibly putting themselves into danger,

it's what I have to do. Apparently there's stuff in here that's gonna help us get into the town to save it.

- Okay. - Let's open it. - Okay. - It looks like a note, right? - Looks like a scroll. - Should I open it? Not ominous at all.

- Oh, my God. - What is that? - What is in here? - Some salt? - This smells expensive.

- All right, I've got the instructions. It says, "Those who desire to go back in time

"and enter the town of Everlock must be inhabited by a spirit that once lived there."

Hold up. ( all talking at once ) All this hoodoo voodoo witchcraft nonsense,

not up my alley. I was like, "You know, like, I've had a tapeworm. "I've had things living in me before. It's not that bad."

You guys, I think it's gonna be fun. Like, you can just get in it? ( laughs ) It would, it would. Okay, guys, come on! We don't have much time!

Okay, okay, okay. Sorry, sorry. So basically it says that we have to make a circle of salt and then put these five crystals at the head of the circle,

hold hands, and chant something. "From across the veil of death, I request your presence,

"so I might make wrong things right. Enter into that I might see the doorway to Everlock."

( haunting music ) ( all screaming )

♪ ♪

It wasn't bad. It was warm and tingly. ( suspenseful music )

- Guys, look over there. - No! Safiya: So, in the distance, we see this bridge

and an arch that says "Town of Everlock." So that seems like where we should go.

♪ ♪ ( all speaking at once )

( all screaming ) - Oh, my God! - It's your lucky day! Because the carnival's in town! ( laughs )

I can deal with vampires, I can deal with werewolves and all sorts of other things. But clowns? Why has it gotta be clowns?

Are clowns anyone's thing? Like, no one likes clowns. I find clowns delightful. We have a strong man,

a snake woman, dolls with knives! It's like bloody Christmas every day!

( laughs ) ( nervous laughter ) We will be friends soon.

I've got a good feeling about that. - Enjoy the ride! - Thank you.

- Thanks, queen! - Did she say dolls with knives? Curtains open, and I'm seeing a cute retro carnival.

( The Rolling Stone's "Sympathy for the Devil" ) ♪ ♪

♪ Pleased to meet you ♪ Oh, look, there's rides. This is cute, though. What's there to save? This all looks fun.

- What's wrong? - This isn't bad. ( all screaming )

♪ ♪ Absolutely not! Absolutely not! Hey there, skirt. How are you? Hi, how are you, guy?

Where are you going tonight, huh? Nikita: So some homeboy approached us, AKA approached me. I'm like, "Oh, my God, like, you're

kind of, like, everything." Who are you? - I'm Mortimer. - He's lying! Why don't you just play some games and have a good time

before my mom shows up, you know? Are you a mama's boy? - My mom is the mayor. - Oh. - Okay. - Okay?

( all talking at once ) He's cute, but he starts talking to us, and we're like,

"We don't know you, though. So, what are you doing here?" Guys, free popcorn over here. - Where? - Where's the popcorn?

- Right over here. - There's free food. There's free games. Let's settle down. You know, the problems will come to us. We're fine.

( cheering ) ( rock music )

Everyone's happy. Everyone's normal. They're all having a great time. Two, three. ( cheering )

- Yeah. - Her name is Blanche. Blanche? She belongs to you now. - Hey, Blanche. - Yeah. - Thank you!

Safiya: So, the guy seems extremely happy. Like, I would say, like, questionably happy.

So we're here. Now what do we do? I don't know. Does this town need saving?

Smile if you need saving. She smiled!

I feel bad that I'm keeping a secret about my mission. But at the same time, I'm kind of relieved

because it doesn't seem like there's any danger in this town. If we're here to save the town, how can we use our talents to help?

Because, like, as a dancer, I don't know how much I can do. I can mix things. Yeah, like, have you ever done spy work before?

No, this is my first job. So we're screwed. ♪ ♪ - Okay. - We gotta--We gotta--

Oh! Sorry, she scared me. Jesus Christ. I thought, "Let's use my social skills as a jet setter

and see what's going on here." - Hello, bonjour. - The stars. The stars?

She's talking about the stars again. No stars. City lights. The stars have been talking to me. So, what are they saying? All kinds of secrets.

Are they friendship secrets, they light-hearted sec-- dark secrets? - Dark--Serious? - He's coming.

She's just talking about the stars or someone's coming. He's coming. Wh--Who's coming? He's coming.

- You can have it. - The dog? - Oh, no, don't-- - That's Blueberry. - This is Blueberry. - Blueberries are coming? I don't know what she's talking about,

but this girl is crazy, and I want nothing to do with her. ♪ ♪

Matthew: I'm a roller coaster enthusiast. Sign me up for any sort of carnival ride. I am there, front and center.

I cannot remember the last time I've been on a Ferris wheel. They are adorable.

We get on the Ferris wheel. There's an adorable little blanket. So we get comfy, and then we discover

there's something underneath the blanket. A newspaper. Matthew: "The clowns here k*ll."

Rosanna: ( gasps ) No. Matthew: "The k*ller Clown Clan strikes again, "much to no one's surprise.

"Four major players of the clan shown here. Be warned." The clown who welcomed us into Everlock--

front page news for being a murderous clown. ♪ ♪

- Hey, Matt! - Hey, guys! - How's the view? - Don't trust the clowns! Rosanna: You guys--

What? We realized we are not having fun. We are in trouble, and the ride stops.

- Wait, are you stuck? - Are you stuck? We're stuck on the ride. We're trying to warn our friends. They can't hear us.

And if you move at all-- - Oh, Go--Oh, Jesus! - ( screams ) Okay, don't lean forward.

I totally think the crazy lady was responsible, 'cause she was doing this, and she was looking at the Ferris wheel, so I'm pretty sure she has

some kind of psychic power, you know? So the creepy clown woman who welcomed us to town is like, "Hey, I have a fun game for you."

And I was like, "Okay." Hi. Matthew: No, Joey, don't trust her! Joey!

So she's like, "Here, take this ball, throw it at these cans, and you'll win a prize." Oh, I want the pony. I want the big pony.

If I get it, can I get the big pony, please? - Maybe. - Okay, okay. You'll just have to get it. - Oh! - Oh, my God!

What a throw! ( cheering ) I get the pony!

Clown: How about instead of the pony... ♪ ♪ I thought I was gonna get, like, an even bigger stuffed animal.

I didn't. I got a box. I've been saving this for a very special occasion.

Only someone with your unique gift can open the box and let the real carnival come out to play.

- Oh, my God, Joey. - But be careful! Don't open it just yet. ♪ ♪

( laughs ) ( together ) "Don't open it just yet"?

- Got it. Thank you. - Thank you. This box could be a Jack-In-The-Box, or it could just be a box with stars on it.

Guys, we got a gift. She gave us a box. JC: So we're all kind of gathering around because Joey gets this box.

Some people saying not to open it, and there's some people saying, "Open it." He's trying to decide what to do. And all of the sudden--

( horn blows ) ( screaming ) Oh, my God! - It's the mayor. - Oh, my God, it's your mom.

How is that his mom? She looks fabulous. She doesn't look old enough to be his mom. - Whoo! - Thank you!

Mortimer's mom comes out on the little patio, and I'm like, "Oh, my God, Mortimer,

"already introducing me to your mom? Like, this is a really big step." Thank you all for coming out to carnival.

It's our lifeblood. I think you mean it's sucking our blood. What?

The spell won't last forever, and then you-know-who is coming back.

I'm like, "We don't know who." But it doesn't sound good. ( sigh ) I wouldn't listen to her words.

- We're here to help you! - Please. Thank you. Avoid this woman and her nonsense.

She's gypsy trash who lives on the outskirts of town. - Ah! That was a reach. - Trash!

- That was a reach. - Never willing to join us. She's not to be trusted. Where did you get that?

I won it. It's mine. - Calliope! - Not today, Janet! Janet, you better shut your mouth, girl.

- Do you know what that is? - ( laughs ) - A box. - A music box. - It's a toy. - No!

That is one of the carnival master's wicked artifacts! This box apparently is some weird artifact

that I shouldn't open. But at the same time, I kinda wanna open it. It's a harmless carnival prize.

- Yeah, I got it as a prize. - Somebody please just open it and put this woman's hysteria to rest. - Okay. - Don't do it.

- Don't do it, don't do it. - I agree. Guys, what should I do? Should I open it? - Do not open it! - I say open it.

Look at her! Joey, look at her! - I'm gonna open it. - No, Joey!

I kind of think we should open it. ( creepy music ) Matthew: Oh, my God. I'm scared it's a b*mb.

Oh, my God. I don't know-- ( screaming ) Oh, my God! What the hell?

( laughter ) As soon as the box opens and I see that Jack with the Kn*fe in its head,

I'm like, "Yeah, we probably just unleashed something evil." Nothing happened. Everything is fine. We heard screams.

Just enjoy the carnival. Honestly, I-- ( screams ) ( screaming )

- Mom! Mom! - Oh, my God! - What the hell? - Your mom just d*ed!

( g*nshots ) ( screaming ) I told you, the clowns!

Oh, my God. Clowns are my biggest fear, and all of a sudden there are, like, hundreds of clowns. It's pandemonium, honestly. We're, like, shook.

( screaming ) Mortimer: Get your friends! Get your friends! You gotta follow me! ( screaming )

This way! This way! ( screaming ) ( dramatic music )

♪ ♪

Hurry! So, Mortimer is ushering everyone into the arcade, and I'm just making sure everyone's in before me.

And that was my biggest mistake. ( screaming )

♪ ♪ - Come on. - Guys, come on. Joey!

Matthew: They're taking him to the m*rder van. Rosanna: They got Joey! They got Joey! Joey! Jo--Oh, this is terrible.

- Get in the RV! - Oh, my God! - Help me, please, help me! - I can't, I can't! - Go to the stairwell! - Okay, I'm going, I'm going!

Joey! The carnival master will be released at sunrise,

and this whole damn town is gonna burn! ( laughs ) - ( screams ) - ( laughs )

Here we go again. ( creepy music )

Rosanna: Why don't we try to distract the clowns so they can get out of the van? All right, you little shits! Get over here!

That's not a bad idea. I mean, what do you think? - Are you pretty impressed? - Oh, man, we're having fun.

( laughter ) Throw something to distract them. - No! - Throw your horse. Let's go hurt some people!

( laughter ) Fine, you won't do it? I will. Bye, Blueberry.

- What are you doing? - Oh, I got a gift! It's a puppy! ( laughing )

Okay. Go let them down now! - Matt-- - Oh, sh**t, wait, no.

- Matt, that's us, now. - No. - That's us, that's us. - Oh, no, no! Rosanna: Our cart is slowly coming to the ground,

and she is dead center, waiting for us. - I wanna taste you! - Oh, damn it.

- ( growls ) - Hey. I've gotten experience from my detective training. I'm not afraid of conflict.

Feel that sledgehammer! Matthew: Maybe a little bit. Oh, oh, I'm having a really hard time getting out of here.

Oh, this is so hard. - We're not stalling at all! - Okay, okay, okay. - Not stalling. - ( shouting ) ( both grunting )

- Yes, yes, yes, yes. - Yes, thank you. - Thank you, thank you! - ( groans ) ( panting ) She's a huge bitch.

- Ro. - ( panting ) Okay, I think we're good. - Hey. - Oh, my gosh, thank you so much.

Rosanna: Thank you. ( tense music ) I'm locked in. Are you locked in? Yeah, what kind of-- do you have like a--

I have numbers. I have numbers. - How many? - Four. I have four also. How about you, Joey? Where do you see numbers?

I have numbers on mine. Are you--so you need a key. Yeah, I need a key. Colleen: There's a calendar and it has numbers on it that are circled.

There's a magazine behind me that's-- there's numbers circled, so I know this means something, but none of it makes sense. - Okay, this isn't working-- - Wait, look.

There's something above me. Roi and Colleen: What is it? - I don't-- - Can you reach it? I can try with my foot. ( grunts )

- Oh, okay. - What is it? What is it? So I realize I don't have the flexibility to be able to read this note, so I pass it over to Colleen.

Yes, oh--oh! - Got it, okay. - What does it say? "Lock one. October, Soda, Smoke."

October--so that's 13. Soda, Smoke. Roi: Oh, so there's a soda can right here.

There's soda behind you as well. How many sodas are there? - Five. - Oh, yeah, one, two,

three, four, five, six. Six, six, six. Roi: Okay, got it, got it. I am determined to get out of this RV.

Okay, so 13, six, and then, smoke?

Roi: Smoke, smoke. Oh, candles, candles! Colleen: Candles, candles! - There's candlewicks. - One, two, three.

No, no, wait, there's cigarettes up here. Maybe it's the cigarettes. - Okay, how many? - One, two, three,

four, five, six seven. There's seven cigarettes. Colleen: Ugh, it's not working.

That's mine. Got it, got it, I got it. Colleen: Come help me, help me, help me. - I'm coming. I'm coming. - Or help me.

- Either one. - Okay. "Milk, Life, Delicates." "Milk"-- so we can look in the fridge?

Yes--yes, three. Colleen: Three. Okay. Okay, three, and then "Life" is this magazine.

- 17. - Okay. all: "Delicates"? Do we have anything delicate? Now, I'm a lady. I know what that means.

There's panties somewhere on this bus. Roi, check over where you were. I found some underwear. Colleen: I knew it was panties!

These are delicate. - How many? - There's two of them. - Okay, two, try two. - Three, 17, two.

- That didn't work. - No? Am I crazy? What's going on? There might me more. Ugh, it smells so musty in here.

( coughs ) We're really in the 70s right now. Colleen: There's gotta be more panties in this sh*t. Joey: Keep looking for the panties, Roi. Colleen: I mean, is it the panties we're wearing?

Joey: Huh? Colleen: We're wearing panties. How'd you know I'm wearing panties? Colleen: Are you wearing panties, Roi? Roi: No, I'm not.

Colleen: You're not wearing panties? - No. Try three. - No, it's not working. - Maybe there's a fourth one. Oh, guys, got it. There's so much more. - Oh, my goodness. - Okay, five.

It's definitely five. ( lock clicks ) Three--it worked! It worked! - Yes! - Yes! We gotta hurry up. We gotta get Joey out of here.

Help me, please. So once I'm unlocked, Guava and I start running around trying to find the key to unlock Joey.

We finally find this box and there's a sticky note on it that says, "Remember to renew your subscription." So we look at the magazine, we look at the calendar,

we combine the numbers, we unlock the box, we find the key, and the day is saved. Oh, finally.

Except for the fact that we're stuck inside of an RV that's surrounded by k*ller clowns. ( groans ) I wanna taste you.

Half of our group is split up, and I don't know what to do. - Whoo. - What the hell is going on? His mom just got thrown off a building.

Manny: Your mom literally just got thrown--are you okay? - Is she... - They got your friends, huh? Well, what about your mom?

Teala: I'm a super spy, and one of our number one rules is don't trust anyone. - I mean, my mom was a fighter.

She wouldn't want me to give up now. Manny: Okay, give up on what? I don't know, whatever this is. This thing is one of the carnival master's artifacts.

- Mm-hmm. - I didn't realize until you opened it, but... he's been using them to corrupt this town,

I mean, for years. My mom always pretended it wasn't happening.

Do you know how we can save our friends? I mean... Mortimer's saying that this is the clowns' hangout,

so I'm hopeful that there's something in this room that's gonna help us defeat them. We all find a box that has

the letters R, B, G, and Y on them. all: Red, blue, green, yellow. - Okay, so... - We have to get into it.

Nikita: R, G, B, Y, R, G, B, Y. - R, B, G, Y? Wait, what? - This is... R, B, G, Y, but this isn't on.

- They actually have it on here. - How do we turn this on? We're, like, kinda looking around the room, like how do we get this machine on, where do we go?

So I look over at the corkboard, and we see this part where it says... The scores get erased at the end of the day.

We're like, why don't we erase everything and see what's left? So we start erasing everything. - Three? - Three, ten.

- ( squawks ) - Erase them all. Erase them all. Manny: We start erasing them and there's a little, like, piece left on every single scoreboard.

And we're, like, living the whole, like, solving-clue fantasy. Time--t-time. I realize that all of the chalkboard letters together read,

"Tap six times on glass." Four, five, six. ( machine dings ) ( all gasp )

- ( screams ) - Oh, my God. Oh, I'm shook. Honestly, what these random people might not know about me is that I love games.

I got it. ( machine dings ) ( machine warbles ) Ah! ( laughter ) ( all talking at once )

You guys take turns? I don't play pinball often, but when I do, I try to get a clue.

( machine clicking ) Manny: There we go. ( cheering ) Once you hit a letter, a little, like, lock would open.

So, like, oh, my God, okay, perfect. We are finally down to the last one, and it was literally so hard. No one was getting it. Ooh.

JC: ( laughs ) ( machine chimes ) Oh, we got it. ( cheering ) Yeah, that was nice.

JC: So when this box unlocked, there was a gear, and there was a note that said there was four missing parts that we had to replace from the jack-in-the-box

in order for the clowns to, I'm hoping, go away. ( tense music )

We rush into this tent, still holding the blanket and the newspaper. And on this newspaper, there is these weird jester symbols.

Rosanna: There's a bunch of joker hats. There's four joker hats. - So, what would that mean? - Maybe around here?

I'm looking around this tent, and there's tons of boxes. There's a toilet. It's very odd.

Wait, I got one symbol. So it's not actually a hat. It's a symbol. Ro finds a piñata. It's larger than herself.

- Yeah, let's do this. - There's a bat, perfect. Ro's got some repressed rage from being stuck on the Ferris wheel.

I'd watch out. Oh! - There it is, there it is. - Good swing. - That's for taking Joey.

Calliope: There it is, there it is. - Do one for your dog. - Yeah! Matthew: Do one for your dog.

And find a small wooden piece. That tells me that we need to look inside of the objects.

This is really satisfying, actually. Wait, wait, wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. Yes! Yes! We find our second piece of whatever this thing is.

- Yes. - The frame. Matthew: There's this mysterious mirror off to one side of the tent. And we see that there are certain sections that are missing in the design.

So we start placing them and lights start to illuminate over the top of the mirror. - You see? The light. - Are you sure?

( light dings ) - Okay, that's two. - ( gasps ) Third--it's inside. It's inside.

( gasps ) Here it is. - Wait, did you find something? - Matt, I got another one. Awesome. Great.

- This goes... - One more. One more. Nothing at all. Rosanna: We're looking for the last piece, and there's one place that we haven't checked.

( gasps ) Have we seen anything in the toilet? ( all groan )

Poo, poo, pew, pew. This thing is rank. - Oh, but there's a clue. - Aww, Matt.

- I'll keep watch. - Oh, yeah, uh-huh, yeah. Now you're gonna keep watch. Sure. ( ominous music )

Colleen: So finally, we're all unlocked. We're all free. And we find this terrifying note.

"When the sun rises, "my summoning ritual will be complete. "And the sacrifices I have made will have been worth it.

"The corrupted artifacts have given the power I needed to conform the people of this town..."

Colleen: "To vessels worthy..." Joey and Colleen: "Of being consumed by the cursed God."

The artifacts-- what if the artifacts was the jack-in-the-box? Okay, so if we can collect all the artifacts...

- Oh. - Maybe we can stop this from happening. That basically says, you need to find these artifacts. You're all gonna die by sunrise, so...

Oh, hmm, we're dealing with curses this time. I see. Little scared babies, let us in!

( cackles ) So the things we have to replace are the spring... - Yes. - This turn thing.

- Uh-huh. - These little keys. And I think also the guy who lives inside, the jack.

We have to replace the evil parts inside of it with new ones, and that will somehow destroy the clowns.

You guys wanna take these out and go look for them, or no? I think we need to leave this arcade. So that's good.

Yeah, everything's going fantastic. Look, just hold onto this, and I'll hold onto this for you guys. Okay, okay, okay.

Grea... ( groans ) - It's gotta be in there. - It does. - But... - ( sighs ) - Why don't we both do it? - Really? Together?

I really wanted to share this crappy task and be a team player. - I can get dirty. - Okay.

- Ooh! Ooh! Okay. - Here we go. I am gagging. - This is teamwork. - Here, let's do it.

( together ) One, two, three. Oh, God, it's so-- ( sobs ) - Oh, wow, oh, wow. - It's so gross.

Well, the clues have been inside things. Maybe I need to start, like, squeezing the turds. ( sobbing ) Oh, God.

Ugh, I got it, I got it. ( coughing ) Bless you, child.

No problem. We got our four pieces. - That's the last light. - Ugh.

I don't know if the light wants to be installed this way. Here--oh, oh, no! Did you just get that on my outfit?

- I'm so sorry. - Matthew. Sorry, it was totally not on purpose. Matthew, did you just get that on my outfit?

She had a little fit about it, but, you know, while she was distracted with that, I was able to complete the mirror. ( mirror dinging ) Matthew: Four lights!

- Yes! - Oh, it opened something. - There's a key. - There's a note and a key. I mean, I guess we could've found a stick or something,

but, you know. Yeah, in retrospect, we could've found a stick.

Joey: Guys, we need to make an escape. - We have to get out-- - We can fight. - No... - Fight? We can't fight clowns.

We can fight them. Ugh, so I'm freaking out. I've never hit someone with a bat, but I've always wanted to. ( door creaks ) Screaming like a bunch of g*dd*mn children--

Colleen: Go, go, go! Joey: Go! Ah! Oh, no! Oh, no! No, no, no, no!

JC: Oh, wow. Teala: Is that Joey? - That's Joey and Roi. - And Colleen. Are you serious?

- Okay, wait, wait, wait. - We have to save them. We decide it's time to get out of this arcade, so we have to make a run for it.

Safiya: Just run, just run. ( screaming ) Safiya: As soon as we get out the doors,

the clowns just overtake us, except for Mortimer, who inconspicuously, yet conspicuously, disappears.

Clown: Come join the party. ( cackles ) You're good. Your butt is clean.

- ( shouts ) - ( screams ) No, go, go! ( thud )

- ( screaming ) - Go! Matthew: Go in there! Go that way! What? No!

What about Ro? No! No! What? - She was in there. - Ro! What happened?

( sinister circus music ) What? No. ( evil cackling ) Teala: No, no, no.

Mmm, I can smell your fear. Matthew: Hey, hi.

Safiya: I'm racking my brain to figure out, like, how can we not be k*lled by these clowns right now? And I've got nothing.

- It's terrifying, you know? - We're gonna get k*lled. We want our box back, you filthy cretin.

Well, we don't have it. You stole it from us! Who has the box? Mortimer. Mortimer has it.

We're gonna roll our dice of death and whoever's number comes up, I gut them.

I gut them right here in front of your friends, unless, unless,

Luke rolls a 12. ( cackles ) And then-- then I let one of you go.

And we're like, please roll a 12. We're, like, freaking out, freaking out. Do you feel lucky? ( squeak ) ( buzzer blares )

( panicked screaming ) ♪ ♪

Joey: This is it. One of us is going to die right here, right now. ( eerie piano music )

Man: Let go and accept me. I'm coming to find you!

( cackling ) ( tense music ) Go! They're right behind us!

♪ ♪ - Liar. - There's no justice here. Rosanna: I thought I was gonna save a town,

but now we gotta save ourselves? Joey: Enough fighting, okay? They want us to be against each other. I wanna get out of here.

Joey: If we don't figure this out before sunrise, we are all going to die. Shut up!

What the heck? - Stop, please! - Oh, my God. What the actual hell is going on?

If they find out my secret, I'm ruined. - ( shrieks )

( eerie music ) ♪ ♪