01x14 - Those Who Lurk Underground

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x14 - Those Who Lurk Underground

Post by bunniefuu »

So that's Roy Mustang.

The Flame Alchemist, eh? An exceptional promotion at that age? I wonder what kind of connections he used.

They say the faster you rise, the faster you fall.

Come in.

Sorry to bother you.

I am Colonel Roy Mustang.

Ah, Colonel Mustang.

I apologize.

The Führer President is out right now.

To where? He went to the South for an inspection.

South? I don't like this smell.

But it smells familiar.

This is I simply came for an inspection, but it seems I just discovered something.

Move in! A brat and a housewife?! How grand.

But I'm kind of ill-matched for a fight.

I'll be making my escape.

You- M-Master, hang in there! Running away?! How cowardly Master Master! Master!!! Stay still No Greed! Looks like you're okay, Martel.

What happened? I haven't seen Roa and the others, either Yeah, things have become a little complicated.

We have to get out of here somehow.

I can't let you do that.

Huh? Who are you, old man? Führer President! Why are you here? King Bradley?! So what business does the most powerful guy in the country have with us? How old are you? Huh? I'm turning sixty this year.

When you get old, your body starts to not move the way you want it to.

So I really want to get this over with and go home.

Retire already, gramps.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you're not just an ordinary geezer, are you?! Greed?! Now you've seen it.

A skill that has been passed down in the Armstrong household for generations Sculpture Alchemy!!! In that case, I won't hold back.

How strange We've ensured the safety of the boy and the housewife.

We'll proceed with the extermination of all the monsters! It's an order from the Führer President! It's been a while since anyone's gotten me so excited.

Nothing less to be expected from Sir Armstrong.

I also participated in the Ishbal extermination.

Former ally, eh? Then all the more reason not to k*ll you.

Surrender at once.

Even though you're planning on k*lling me? Major! Roa! Bastard!!! You see, I don't have an ultimate shield like you, nor an ultimate spear that pierces diamond.

Do you understand how someone like that could have survived countless battles, rendered distinguished service, and has achieved the rank I have right now? You Just as you have an ultimate shield, I have an ultimate eye.

Now, Greed.

How many times do I have to k*ll you to get rid of you for good? Where's Greed? I don't know.

It's too dark; I can't see anything.

Greed?! No! Hey! Open up! No! Let me out! I said no! That was fifteen deaths, wasn't it? How many more do you have? Hmm? Y-You bastard Dammit The Führer President himself is here? I don't mind if you run off with your tail between your legs.

I'd love to, but dogs are loyal animals.

Please, get her out of here.

We're counting on you.

Roa?! Dolcetto?! Hey, quit interfering! Let me out! I won't! I don't have time to mess with you! I'm telling you to open up! No! You can't come out! Shut up and open up! Are you telling me to just sit and watch my friends be k*lled?! I can't let you out! They asked me to keep you safe! Dolcetto!!! Roa!!! Please, I'm begging you You can't come out.

Hey, hey, Mister Bradley.

You really think you'll get away with doing this to my men? You're feeling sympathetic now? How silly.

Sympathy? Are you stupid? Who do you think I am? I'm Greed.

Money, women, subordinates everything belongs to me! Which is why I won't abandon what's mine.

I'm a greedy guy, after all!!! Greedy? This is beyond silly.

How about you lie there for a while.

I have to get out of here Hang on.

You're Edward's brother, aren't you? Are you hurt? Let me lend you a hand.

N-No, I'm fine.

I can go back by myself.

No, Martel! No, Martel! Bradley!!! Al!!! M-Mom! Mom! Mom!!! Al! Hang in there! Hey, say something! Al! Brother You all right? You're covered in blood, too, Brother I opened you up and pulled her body out.

I couldn't save her It's not your fault.

Come on.

Let's go back.

Al Hold there.

I've got something I need to ask you both.

The mastermind of this incident, Greed.

Is he an acquaintance of yours? No, sir.

Did you happen to obtain any important information from him? Nothing that would benefit the army, no.

Don't misunderstand me.

Not for the army.

If you were making a deal with them depending on your answer Did you ally yourself with people whose intent was to harm the mainstay of the army? No, sir.

Any other questions? Your steel arm and your brother's body.

They're related, are they not? You're an honest one.

Time to withdraw.

Take good care of your little brother, you hear? I deeply appreciate you saving those two boys.

Don't worry about it.

It's one of the duties of the army to protect State Alchemists, too.

How about it? Would you like to be protected by the army, too? Become a State Alchemist? Precisely.

As you can see, I'm a frail housewife.

Is this country so strained as to require the help of someone like me? Harsh words! I'll come again.

You may have changed your mind by then.

That Greed guy had a tattoo of Ouroboros on his hand.

Ouroboros You heard me telling Lt.

Colonel Hughes, didn't you? They're people who have something to do with the philosopher's stones.

Sir Hughes Edward Elric.

Don't do anything too reckless, all right? Okay Well then Brother.

My memories of when my body was taken have returned.

How was it?! Well It was kind of extraordinary But I couldn't find anything about human transmutation.

I see In the end, no progress, eh Not necessarily.

Remember what the Führer President said? That there have been disquieting activities within the m*llitary.

Yeah, he said that it had something to do with philosopher's stones and the people who have tattoos of Ouroboros He said he wanted to catch them for that reason, right? Greed also had that tattoo.

If so, why did he need to k*ll them all? If he really wanted to know what they were up to, he should have captured and interrogated them, right? You're right.

And besides, it's strange the Führer President himself came to the b*ttlefield when there weren't that many enemies.

Yeah.

Everything just seems so fishy.

Guess we'll stick with the army for a little longer.

Welcome back, Führer President.

How did the inspection of the South go? The Fullmetal Alchemist's brother and perhaps their master, too.

Both of them may also be suitable sacrifices.

I also found something else that was unexpected.

Oh my, now that's someone I haven't seen in a while.

He left this place a century ago.

Wake up, Greed.

Oh wow, looks like everyone's here.

So much for your ultimate shield.

You look as gorgeous as you did a century ago.

Miss Lust, the "Ultimate Spear".

And Gluttony, you haven't lost weight at all.

And, Envy? You still dress like that? Where's Sloth at? He always skips out on meetings.

He's working right now.

Seriously, none of you guys have changed over a hundred years.

And who's this guy? I am Wrath.

Wrath? Aren't you King Bradley? Yup.

He's our last sibling Father created as a human by the name of King Bradley.

An aging Homunculus?! Is that even possible? "There's no way there's no way.

" I thought that was a stock phrase of yours.

Don't tell me you forgot? Or are you going senile? Shut your mouth, you ugly sh*t.

What was that? Hey, I like those eyes.

That's the way you ought to be.

How about you show your true colors every once in a while, Envy the Bizarre.

You piece of sh*t I'll kick your ass, if that's what you're asking for.

Cut it out, all of you.

Please don't fight among siblings, especially in front of your father.

Yo, old man.

Looks like you've aged a lot since the last time I saw you.

Greed.

You are my son who shares my soul.

Why did you betray me? "Why"? Shouldn't you know best? I am Greed.

That's how you gave me life, and that's the way I've lived.

If I stayed by your side, I wouldn't be able to obtain everything my greedy soul desires.

Will you work for me again? No can do! I see I really don't like your tastes This is how hot I like my baths, damnit! I'm sure the flames of Hell are hotter than this! I'll go on ahead to see what it's like, my siblings! Go back to where you came from, my soul, Greed! You don't even have to ask!!! Don't blame me if you get a stomachache, old man!!! To the forthcoming day, I pray for the unchanging loyalty of you all, along with peace and order.

Dad! Welcome back, Dad! Thank you, Selim.

How was the inspection? It was a substantial inspection all right.

Dear, you're getting older Why not give up your position to a junior and relax? No, no, I'm still in my prime.

Oh, that's right.

I met the Fullmetal Alchemist while in the South.

The short alchemist? Really?! You really love hearing about Mr.

Edward, don't you, Selim? He's the youngest State Alchemist! That's just so cool! That's awesome.

I want to learn alchemy, too! What in the world would you do with it? I want to get a state qualification to be useful to Dad.

Then I might ask for your help in the future.

The pebbles foreigners throw into the water create ripples, and as they link together, they create a huge whirlpool.

Look! That's precisely what's happening right now.

Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 15, A Messenger from the East.

I hide my blade behind my smile and seek the Philosopher's Stone.