01x34 - Theory of Avarice

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist". Aired: October 4, 2003 - October 2, 2004.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Anime series set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the most advanced scientific techniques, the story follows two brothers who want to recover parts of their bodies lost in an attempt to bring their mother back to life.

01x34 - Theory of Avarice

Post by bunniefuu »

Cut it out already! I've already told you everything I know! I'm sorry, but we're under Lt.

Col.

Archer's orders.

Don't give me that! I'm in a hurry here! Welcome, Crimson Alchemist, Zolf J.

Kimbly.

As well as the Sewing Life Alchemist, Shou Tucker.

I've kept my end of the promise.

Now for you I know.

There's nothing to be afraid of.

I will secure your safety, or my name isn't Frank Archer.

S-Safety? That's right.

You are going to return to the m*llitary and continue your research, directly beneath me.

I can continue my research? Yes.

Change of mission directives.

Show no mercy to anyone who opposes us.

Eliminate any troublemakers who are infesting this bar.

B-But, are you sure we should? I don't care.

As long as I have Tucker, I can make as many of those sorts of guys as I want to, after all.

And Greed can't lay a hand on me, as long as I have this.

Man cannot obtain anything without first sacrificing something.

In order to obtain anything, something of equal value is required.

That is alchemy's Law of Equivalent Exchange.

At the time, we believed that to be the true way of the world.

Damn it Those bastards! Greed-san, this way! W-What!? My name is Alex Louis Armstrong.

People call me the Strong Arm Alchemist.

Major! You will return Alphonse Elric to me.

My word Sloth sure does work her men hard.

Then again, she was responsible for letting him escape, so I guess she has no choice.

So, what will you do, Greed? You see that? That is the artistic alchemy that has been passed down among the Armstrong family for generations.

You look like you're going to be a tough customer.

I'm going to have to mean business.

How bizarre It has been some time since my blood boiled and my muscles danced Impressive, Armstrong-dono.

Your arms are as strong as ever.

I also participated in the battle to exterminate Ishbal, as a grunt.

You are a former comrade? In that case, I have even less desire to take your life needlessly.

Surrender! That is too much to ask.

Major! Please stand aside! Major! Do not throw your lives away! Yeah, we're not going to.

What? Tell Kimbly and Tucker for me that I will be sure to return the favor.

He sure is quiet.

Especially considering how loud he was earlier.

He must have grown tired of carrying on.

I'm glad he has, myself.

Yeah, I guess so.

So we're the only ones that got away, huh? Damn! Now then, what do I do now? How long do you intend to keep running away? I think it might be too late for you.

You You've already seen Gluttony here, haven't you? Pleased to meet you.

I'm the current Lust.

You are? To get right to it, Greed, you have one of two paths you can choose.

You can be sealed up again, or you can be destroyed right here.

You think I can be done in by you? Have you forgotten? You, a Homunculus, were sealed up by a certain someone, after rebelling 140 years ago.

That person is angry.

It's about time we brought this to an end, Greed.

An end! An end! Sorry about this, boy, but you'll have to help us.

Take care of Martel.

Roa-san Dolcetto-san H-Hold on, what's going on!? Please go, Greed-san.

We'll take care of this.

Guys We can't afford to lose you here.

We'll leave it to you to avenge us all.

You sure are keeping some loyal pawns, aren't you? I have been merged together with a dog, and dogs have a strong sense of loyalty.

You cannot go beyond this point! Greed-san! Come on! It's no use running.

You can tuck tail and run too, Dolcetto.

I'd like to do just that, but these guys took a sh*t at me.

You're sure? Too late now.

Is that? That's where Dante-san's house is! For crying out loud, you sure are sociable.

You had the chance to run while we were having all that trouble.

That's easy for you to say.

No matter.

Hey, Martel Yes? Stay inside there until morning.

If I'm not back by then, you get away by yourself.

Got it? Greed-san! What on earth are you doing? Sorry about this, boy.

That's how it is.

U-Uh Let me out! Open up, I tell you! You can't! Greed-san said not to come out! Shut up! So I wound up coming back here after all I wonder why my legs brought me here.

Is it that they want me to beg her for my life? Or something else? That's a good boy, Greed.

This is just as you-know-who thought it would unfold.

We're done? Yes.

Our job is done here.

I'm hungry.

Who are you? The reason you came here is because this is the place where you were born.

Why, you Are those? They're your bones.

Who are you? What did Dante tell you? If it's Dante-sama you want, she is over there.

What's going on here? It can't be! There's no way a kid like you can do something like this! Who the hell is behind this!? It couldn't be! Is that? My My life! Damn it I've found you, Greed! Dante-san!? Greed! What the hell did you do!? Good question.

I'd like to know, myself.

Are you the one who k*lled her? How about it!? Well, makes no difference to me if you think so.

Why would you do something like this? Why have you come this far to save your brother? Al is my brother! You're ready for this, are you? Where is Al? Give him the hell back to me right now! If you want me to return him you know what to do.

Let me out! I can't! What's the matter? Is that all the resolve you've got? Correct me.

I'm an error, aren't I? I told you before, didn't I? If you want to defeat me then fight like I'm trying to k*ll you, right? That's right.

That's my mechanic for you.

Even like this, I can still move it.

Let's go! That didn't smart one bit, kid.

This time, it's my turn! W-What the hell did you do to my shield!? If you think about it, it's pretty simple.

You can't create something out of nothing.

In other words, you've got to be fashioning that shield thing of yours from someplace.

Even though you are a Homunculus, they say that the components of your body are still the same, don't they? The substance within your body's composition that can be converted into a very hard, durable material It's what makes up a third of your body carbon! The hardness changes depending on how the carbon atoms have been combined.

From pencil leads all the way up to diamonds.

Once I know the structure, the rest is right up my alley! Where is Al? I haven't lost yet This fight is over, isn't it? You heard from your brother, right? I don't die all that easily.

Then I'll just have to hammer you until you decide you want to talk.

That's it! It wouldn't be fun any other way.

There's the kid I was hoping for.

Come on! Here goes! Nicely done Where's Al? Where did you take Al!? I let him go a long time ago.

Greed? Homunculi are born when you alchemists perform human transmutations When we are brought before the bones of the person they attempted to bring back to life, we aren't able to move freely That is a Homunculus' weak point Why? Why are you telling me this? Knowing you, you can defeat them I can't bear to let myself be sealed up again Greed are you? I am avarice, after all I will do with my life as I like Greed! Defeat them I'm counting on you H-Hey you're kidding, right? Greed! Hey! What are you doing!? Are you screwing with me!? I thought I could knock your head off and you wouldn't die! Hey! Greed! What is this? Martelsan, um Did my teacher say anything? No.

By the time I reached here, she was already gone.

I don't know where Lyra went off to, either.

Sensei, I really am sorry about this.

We're going to Ishbal.

If we stayed by your side any longer, Sensei, we'd just be in your way.

Sensei, there's a possibility that the m*llitary is after you, so could I ask you to go into hiding for a little while? Of all the! If it's come to me being worried over by you, then it's all over.

You're going, no matter what I say? Yes.

No matter what happens, we will continue our journey, until we get our own bodies back.

I'll see you later.

Right.

Fullmetal Alchemist! Episode 35: "Reunion of Fools" Where do we come from, and where are we going? Are those the questions of a fool?