01x46 - Looming Shadows

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x46 - Looming Shadows

Post by bunniefuu »

The forthcoming "Promised Day".

People are continuing to prepare for the day that will determine their fate.

Time passes by, and it is now spring.

At last, the Promised Day is about to arrive.

Some sort of festival? It's the Festival of the Sheep, a local specialty of Resembool that takes place every spring.

Sorry to ask something like this on an important day, but we'd like to replenish our water supplies.

Sure thing.

Have all the water you want.

Okay! Bring out the water tanks! One, two There.

Looks like there's no one home.

Here we are, miss.

Home sweet home.

Wow, this place is full of automails.

Please don't touch the ones that aren't finished yet.

It's so dusty in here What happened?! Edward Elric?! Intruders?! Oww!! What the hell are you guys doing? Lin?! If I recall, you two are working for Kimblee! Huh? You guys are from Briggs! You chased us all the way down here?! Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! Put down your g*ns! Hey Ed just what is going on? Long story.

Besides, what were you doing in my room?! I just wanted to eat while enjoying the outside view every once in a while! I said, put down your g*n! Quit yelling! This dog is so loud.

Get the hell out of my room!! You had me worried sick.

I know.

Glad to see you're safe.

A-Al isn't with you? Al's at the station! He's with Major Miles.

But they're about to depart soon.

If you hurry, you may be able to make it in time.

Something wrong? Aren't you going to go see him? We're fugitives wanted by Central.

It would be bad if someone were to see us.

But The Festival of the Sheep, huh Sure brings back memories.

We're going to be departing soon.

Roger.

I hope you will have found your body by the next time you return to this town.

Thank you.

Winry? Welcome home.

Thanks.

Sorry for worrying you.

Looks like we have more of you dowdy people in here now.

Sorry for causing such a ruckus earlier.

We're soldiers from Briggs.

We were dispatched as Miss Winry's bodyguards.

You're Lin right? What? You know this dude? The name's Greed.

Nice to meet ya.

Huh? And so, these guys are currently working for me.

What made you come here? To make sure his automail's all tuned up and stuff.

You know, to prepare for the worst.

Take a look at him later, Winry.

You made all his latest stuff, so I can't do the fine-tuning.

Sure, no problem.

Oh So the people of Lior have gotten back up on their feet again.

That's a relief.

It's been bugging me, to tell you the truth.

So, why is Al with Major Miles? I heard the people from Briggs are going to do something at the joint exercises in the east.

Al volunteered to join them, saying there might be something he could help out with.

Oh Your dad went to Central ahead of him.

I heard he's in some slum called 'Kanama', so you should meet up with him to get the details.

The Promised Day is coming up right? I heard about that from Greed as well.

It's a day when we may be able to get our bodies back, or a day when a great tragedy will strike this nation.

Hey Yeah? Take Granny and Den and escape to another country.

Are you telling me to run away?! Telling those close to you to escape makes it sound like you've already given up! Can't you stop the thr*at to this country?! I'll stop them! But there's a one in a million chance that it may not work! Be 100% sure, then! They're planning to do something terrible, aren't they?! b*at them to a pulp and protect our country! And while you're at it, get your bodies back and return safe and sound! I'll do anything to make that happen! Geez, you make it sound like a walk in the park.

What's this?! You're not acting like yourself- Hey, Ed! Gosh, you're such an annoying woman.

Ed! Fine woman you have up there.

She just sounds like she wants everything in the world.

Quite the greedy one.

When you get too greedy, it comes back to bite you in the behind.

See this? I wanted to bring back the dead, and this was my reward.

You really think so? "I long to see someone who d*ed", "I want to be rich", "I want women" "I want to protect the world" They're all desires.

In other words, wishes.

If you ask me, there's neither 'right' nor 'wrong' when it comes to greed.

You humans go around ranking certain types of greed in order from good to bad, which makes you so hard to understand.

You're leaving now of all times? We were planning on leaving today anyway.

Thanks for the tune-up.

If you ever happen to see Hohenheim, deliver Trisha's message for her.

Sure, whatever.

Ed! I You stay hidden.

I'll come home after putting an end to everything on the Promised Day, so wait for us with a freshly-baked apple pie.

Deal? Deal! Work today took forever.

But hey, is this really what we should be focusing on right now? The Promised Day is coming up! Not much else we can do! Doctor Marcoh and Scar haven't met up with us yet! Geez where the hell are they?! Doctor! Hey, it's you guys.

"Hey, it's you guys"?! Where have you two been all this time?! Sorry about that.

Let's head over to Central.

But something feels a little off.

We used to be soldiers, but now we're working with an Ishbalan.

Yeah it does.

For us, Amestris is our birthplace.

We've got family here as well.

But Scar, who used to rebel against the nation, is now working to protect it.

Don't get the wrong idea.

My goal is not to protect this country.

I'm working to change it.

I'm working in order for the people of this country to recognize the existence of the Ishbalans, a race that they denied.

In order to change the world, you must start by changing yourself.

That's how it is, Amestrians.

Ishbalans?! Why?! We weren't just dawdling about for months doing nothing.

They're comrades who share our goal.

May this year's exercises be productive as always, Lieutenant General.

I'm glad we're doing it in the east this year.

Joint exercises in the north are pretty tough for us.

Everything's ready on our end.

Ours, too.

Unfortunately, a little problem has popped up That being? Little miss Bradley is here to observe as well.

I was expecting someone high up to watch over the practice, since it's right before the Promised Day We'll just have to figure something out.

There it is again The delay between visions is gradually getting shorter.

I have to hurry.

I need to get my body back, or Yeah, I can smell him! Smells like the Fullmetal Alchemist's little brother! Running away? This isn't good! I'm in no condition to fight! What's this?! Talk about great timing! I'm going to have you keep quiet until the Promised Day, Alphonse Elric.

Good evening, Major General.

I've got no tea for the likes of you.

I may be able to take you out for dinner soon.

So you finally plan to fulfill the promise from forever ago? 'Large' doesn't even begin to describe this mansion.

The wealth of the Armstrong family never ceases to amaze me.

You could fit a company no, even a full battalion in here.

If something may happen to me, you can have the entire mansion.

It won't fit into my coffin, after all.

You're not going to give it to your brother? I'd say you're the better choice by a hair.

That's quite an honor.

Belatedly This is to congratulate you for becoming the head of the Armstrong family.

Hyacinths? "Selim Bradley is a Homunculus.

" Are you aware of what the Hyacinth represents? I'm not.

Feminine beauty.

I don't need your flowers! Well, if you'll excuse me, Major General.

You amateur.

This is annoying.

We should just aim a cannon at Bradley's tower and be done with it.

Please don't.

Major Miles.

So we still don't have a clue as to where Alphonse Elric disappeared to Yes.

We're still searching, but Could it be that he was captured? And the Promised Day is tomorrow Sire.

Major General Hakuro has arrived.

Sire, there's something I need to inform you about Lieutenant General Grumman- A coup d'etat using the Eastern army? We've already planned for such eventualities.

No, the joint practice is a bait.

The Ishbalan remnants will commit a t*rror1st act in Central, now that defenses have weakened since Your Highness is here in the east.

Lieutenant General Grumman will use "t*rror1st suppression" as a pretense to inv*de Central.

He's planning on taking advantage of the confusion to take over Central Headquarters, with the help of Colonel Mustang.

Just as Major General Hakuro stated, many Ishbalans have infiltrated Central vicinity over the past few days.

I'm returning to Central.

I'll leave matters here in your hands.

Roger.

That damned Mustang planning something outrageous.

I thought we took care of him when we separated him from all of his useful men The train stopped.

What's going on? Sheep crossing.

Dammit, we're in a rush for time! Hey, they just left us! What?! What's going on?! Hey! Make him stop! The sheep on the tracks have been exterminated.

We'll be heading to Central as planned.

Let's go! The Colonel is awaiting our arrival.

Yes, sir! Dammit! You played right into their hands, Major General Hakuro.

The train that was carrying the Führer President has been bombed! What?! Everything begins tomorrow.

Time to make our move, Second Lieutenant Breda, Master Sergeant Fuery.

No need for the "Second Lieutenant", ma'am.

We're just plain old deserters now.

There goes my future We'll have the Colonel take responsibility after everything's over.

The Führer President?! There's no way King Bradley could die! We can't make assumptions just yet! What has the investigation turned up?! The squadron has yet to reach the scene of the accident! As soon as their leader is gone, this happens.

Make them hurry up! Quit yelling! This is not my job! In the end, they're nothing but an undisciplined mob.

But! This isn't the time for this! The supreme commander is missing! I know that! This may be my chance I never expected someone as important as you to visit this place.

Calm down, everyone.

I'm still here.

What lurks in the shadows? Demons? Beasts? Monsters? A black gust of wind saves our heroes who are faced with a crisis.

Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 47, Messenger of Darkness.

Shed light on the heart of man.

To an engulfing darkness.