01x48 - The Oath in the Tunnel

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x48 - The Oath in the Tunnel

Post by bunniefuu »

Geez, I've d*ed so many times because of you! That was close! Young master! Save the reunion for later! Let's finish this up! Roger! Just let me eat you already! What a one-sided battle! I had no idea you were hiding such a fine woman from me.

Quite the playboy, are we? Thank you kindly! How in the world can you tell where I am when it's so pitch dark out here? The Emperor of Xing moves our nation by manipulating the veins of the dragon, in other words, the flow of energy.

We, who serve him, can also read the flow.

Additionally, by virtue of our office, we can see well in the dark.

That voice It's been a while, kid.

So it is you, Old Man Fu! Why are you here? How did you know where we were? We were lurking in Central for a bit to figure out what was going on, and we sensed a few substantial energy forms headed in this direction.

So we followed them.

There are two large energy forms clashing right over there, too.

I think those are Greed and Gluttony.

Greed! The one who took over the young master's body?! There's also one in the woods.

A friend of ours is fighting a homunculus named Pride right now.

Right.

And lastly, there's something within the nearby village that can't even be compared to the rest.

That's probably Ed's old man.

Him?! Is your father not human?! We can leave him be for now.

Gotta do something about the homunculi first.

Don't worry about Gluttony.

We can leave him to Lan Fan.

"Leave him to Lan Fan"? It's only been half a year since she got her automail attached! That's reckless, old man! We need to help her, or she's dead meat! What the hell?! Don't worry about her.

Martial arts isn't our only w*apon.

If you're gonna blow stuff up, say so first! What?! Explosions?! What's going on? Is it in the forest? Are lights not back on yet? Hey, bring a lamp! Geez In that case, I guess I can rest assured.

Old Man Fu, what else do you guys have aside from expl*sives? A lot of stuff.

Tear gas, flash bangs, and flares.

The people in the slums are beginning to turn on lights.

Those shadows will start to appear again.

If we don't hurry, Heinkel will be in trouble! Exactly.

Old Man Fu, could you take me to where Pride is? There's something I want you to help out with.

Roger that.

Ed! Don't let your guard down.

Pride, the one that Heinkel's fighting Just die already It's just as you said, little Roy.

Selim Bradley is not human.

These photographs are quite old.

Twenty years ago And this one's from fifty years ago.

No matter what era, he's always near important government officials.

I also checked the town where the Führer President was supposedly born in.

Although there are documents that show he grew up there, not a single soul has seen the Bradley family there before.

The mansion located at the address was also a fake.

Of course, no relatives either.

Thank you, Madam Christmas.

You must have been through a lot to gather all this information.

You bet.

But the moment I found out Selim wasn't human, all my fatigue just flew away.

But then I wonder why nobody noticed before? He's the son of the man who stands at the top of this militaristic nation, even nicknamed 'King'.

Fabricating a tale is like a walk in the park.

Y-You little! Hey! Who is it?! Is someone there?! A monster! Oh no! A child is being att*cked! A monster!! sh*t! Naturally, with this much light, there's plenty of shadow.

Goodbye, mister chimera.

That was close, man.

Geez I still can't believe a brat like you was a homunculus.

You certainly had me going, Selim Bradley.

Appearances are only symbols.

Isn't that right, mister tiny alchemist? Where is he?! Where's Roy Mustang?! He's still inside.

Been in there for a while, considering how he goes there so often.

That woman, Madam Christmas Her real name is Chris Mustang.

His foster mother! Dammit! Christ Look what happened to my castle I'll buy another one for you soon, so forgive me.

In that case, I guess I can let it go.

I'm going to need to stay undercover for a while, too.

Are the girls from the shop safe? Don't worry, they should be in a foreign country by now.

They're probably having fun, and I'm sure they've forgotten about you.

Moving right along Worry about yourself and this country's future for now.

I won't forgive you if I meet you in a body bag as a traitor the next time I see you.

Thanks, Madam.

I'll definitely repay you.

Gonna repay the loan once you become successful, eh? I guess I'll be looking forward to it this time, little Roy.

I'm not a kid anymore, you know Okay.

Guess it's time for me to do my job too.

You're late, Colonel.

We were about to leave without you.

Your jabs make me feel right at home.

No signs of being followed? Nope.

If there were, he'd react to them right away.

That's a good boy.

I'm counting on you! Any movements from the Bradley family? I've confirmed their plans for the next three days.

The Führer President is attending the joint practice in the east.

Selim is also with him.

About that The train that was carrying the Führer President plummeted down a valley.

Wow That old Grumman really knows how to be extreme.

With that, they'll start being a lot more cautious That may make some things difficult for us.

Will that affect our mission? Will the Eastern Army come to Central as planned? The Führer President is missing The chance of a lifetime, or a trap to lure us in Even if it happens to be the latter, we have no choice but to proceed.

Please give us an order.

What's in our hands right now is a one-way ticket to a b*ttlefield.

No matter the outcome, we can't go back.

The reason for that is because even after we complete our mission, you all have the grand task of rebuilding the nation by my side, after I become Führer President.

With that said, my only order for you all is this: "Don't die!" That is all! Roger! Why Why won't it slice? Good thing I left my automail in its northern state.

There's plenty of carbon fiber in it, after all.

Carbon reinforcement! Copying Greed, eh? In that case What's wrong? Are you finished already?! As originally planned Al! it's probably advantageous for me to fight using your little brother.

Old Man Fu! A flash bang?! Curses! I'm sick of those guys! Huh? What's wrong, Lan Fan?! Lan Fan! Donkey Kong! You got it! Al! Donkey Kong, you take Al and run.

Isn't he still under Pride's influence? Parts that have been separated from a homunculi's body disperse and cease to exist.

Since we separated Al from the source of the shadow, Pride is no longer inside him.

I won't let you get away! Have another one! Hey, what was that flash from earlier? Ow! Ow! You're good.

You look pretty b*at up.

That woman and Greed are so strange! It's like they know where I am in the dark! What did you say? They must be the warriors from Xing that Wrath was talking about.

The ones that can feel the presence of us homunculi.

Greed must be using that ability after absorbing Xing's prince.

Damn him Gluttony, how many times did you die? I don't even know.

A lot.

I was beaten pretty badly as well.

At this rate, we may end up being annihilated by them.

Then we can have Father fix us up- Huh? What? No I don't like this, Pride.

No! Don't eat me! That hurts Help me Lust He ate his own comrade! Wow.

This is convenient.

It's quite simple to distinguish your scents.

Although the hunger that came with the ability seems like it'll be a pain.

Huh? This scent Are you nearby, Hohenheim? It appears as though Mustang is sneaking about with his old underlings.

If he has something to do with the train expl*si*n and all the Ishbalans that have infiltrated Central Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse You all must know his thoughts better than myself.

If you were him, what would you do next? If it were me, I'd get Madam Bradley in my hands first.

Take her hostage? What a useless act.

Intentionally making himself seem like a traitor by taking a useless hostage, eh Humans are so incorrigible.

Hey, what are you doing?! Roy Mustang?! Sorry for causing trouble this late at night, Madam.

Lieutenant Hawkeye! Why would someone like you do this?! Pardon my rudeness.

We have no intention of harming you if you don't resist.

Please, come with us.

Memories.

They are recollections of the heart.

If those who are not human come to possess memories, people begin to fear the result.

Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 49, Familial Love.

With each of their own thoughts in their chest, they see the daybreak.