01x52 - Combined Strength

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x52 - Combined Strength

Post by bunniefuu »

A philosopher's stone! Where did he get that?! Smoke screening again? Like I'll fall for that again! A flash bang?! That one was a decoy! Nothing less to be expected from the power of a philosopher's stone.

One transmutation after another! You! The power of a philosopher's stone never ceases to amaze me.

I've used it before, so I know.

And that's why I'm confused about something.

Why don't you use that power to get your body back? Since you have the stone, it'll be easy to run from us.

Once you get away, you can use the power to get you and your brother's bodies back.

And doesn't that conclude your journey? If we did that, we wouldn't be able to save everyone.

It's to fulfill your dearest wish.

In order to gain something, one must sacrifice.

Hey, why are you saying there are only two options? Getting our bodies back, or saving everyone.

It's strange to think that only one of those can be granted.

Why don't you consider the possibility of getting our bodies back, and at the same time, saving everyone? What about the law of equivalent exchange? I think that in order for humanity to progress, we must seek a possibility without being bound by principles.

I see.

If that comes true, it'll be recognized by the world as a new principle.

Right? Then you should prepare another possibility.

The possibility of the two of you not getting your bodies back, and not being able to save anyone either.

There's more on the way! Okay! We can at least pierce his skin! That hurt I'm gonna die This is such a drag Dying is such a drag Such a drag It's going to be such a drag to have to go all out What?! Major General Armstrong! Put down your weapons! What the hell is that giant?! That was! Yeah.

I missed W-What speed! Sloth the Lazy.

Sister! Just barely grazed.

Did you see that? Only slightly.

Moving at that speed while weighing so much It's almost unfair.

Yeah, I'm the fastest Homunculus.

Alex! I think he's so fast that he can't even control his direction.

sh*t- Finally I hit.

What a beautiful sound.

The clashing of strong wills produces the most beautiful of sounds.

Alphonse Elric is still nearby.

I'm sure of it.

He won't die that easy.

Right there! That again? How unexciting.

It's futile.

I told you, I can sense where you are by smell.

Checkmate.

I wouldn't be so sure.

This is where the tenacity of humans comes in! Even if you have a philosopher's stone, there's no way you can b*at us on your own- I'm not on my own! Where did you hide the stone?! It couldn't be The motive behind this cloud of dust is to know the direction of the wind? He must have something up his sleeve within the leeward where my sense of smell is useless Behind me?! It can't be! How can he move with that wound?! Doctor Marcoh! An ice cream truck, right? Yeah.

Don't miss it.

Right.

Alchemy is so useful, isn't it? It's a simple matter to change the appearance of a motor vehicle.

We can't go in through here either.

All the gates that allow entry into the Central Headquarters have been sealed off.

What should we do? Force our way through? No, leave the rough jobs up to the Briggs soldiers.

We'll use an underground route.

Roger.

We're going to split up now.

I want you all to accompany the madam and head to the location.

Roger.

Good thing I'm meaty.

Can't underestimate the power of a philosopher's stone, I guess.

Their legs! Aim for their legs! What?! Alex! Just a minor dislocated joint.

What about you, Sister? Just a broken bone or two.

Sister! I want to hurry up and k*ll you so I can nap.

He stopped?! He's hesitant to s*ab Kimblee? But why would someone like him I see now.

Just as you said, humans are tenacious.

However, you all won't be able to b*at us.

As long as our father is seated right over there.

Well, before that, you all need to find a way to get out of this situation.

Who?! I did it I sure did it! Yoki?! Nice one, mustache man! I didn't expect you to show up! I can't let you guys have all the spotlight! Let me show off too, geez! Did you see that?! I, Yoki, gave the strongest Homunculus a good beatdown! You saw it! Where did you get this car?! It's the one Kimblee rode here in.

I'm having the drivers take a little break.

Not bad, Doctor Marcoh.

Step on it! Shut up and drive! Drive as fast as you can! I don't plan on fighting that monster head-on again! Drive to Central! We need to meet up with Ed and the others and defeat Father before that thing catches up with us! Brave humans sure are easy to trick.

Oh good, you're still alive.

I like the new color of your suit, Kimblee.

Now I know why they call lions the "king of beasts".

Obeying the rule of "survival of the fittest", he gouged out your throat.

I guess humans really are of no importance to this world.

You were saying something about wanting to see what option this world would choose, right? It would be a disgrace if you were to just die here like this.

But don't worry.

You're going to continue to live inside me.

What happened? Alex! Since he rushes at you on his own, all you have to do is wait for him.

Can you stand, Sister? Now that I recall, a sh**t-on-sight order has been issued for me.

What?! That won't do! I'm going to inherit the Armstrong household, so I can't have you die until you complete the formalities! You don't need to worry about that.

I've made it so that the mansion will go to Mustang if I were to die.

You made a promise like that without even discussing it with your family?! He's better than a failure like you by a hair.

Is that how you're supposed to treat someone who came to your rescue?! What's going on? Enemy raid? Don't tell me it's Mustang's squad?! W-What the hell?! sh**ting them doesn't do a thing! Are they soldiers from Briggs?! Moron! Don't confuse my burly men with those scrawny blue monsters! They're probably the same kind of thing as this is.

The one who commanded you fools is probably behind it.

We were never told of this! I don't think they care whether or not you were told.

What will you do? Us siblings can fight those monsters.

But So, what will you do?! Are you going to k*ll us and end up being eaten by monsters, or will you cooperate with us to destroy those fiends?! Learn to think for yourself! You! Again?! It's no use.

They're soldier dolls that were injected with philosopher's stones.

It'll take more than that to k*ll them! See? Look at that.

I got stronger by absorbing them because you keep dodging my att*cks.

You don't get it at all.

It would be troublesome if those dolls were to all rush at me, but it's simple as pie to run away if it's only you chasing me! Bullshit! These dolls have been injected with philosopher's stones.

That's why they won't die.

So the secret to immortality really is in those stones? It's to save my clan! I need to obtain the secret to immortality! It hurts Pain There's still more of them?! There's no end to them! I'm almost out of stings! I'm just about out of saliva as well.

Dammit! sh*t! Ed! It's always so unruly wherever I find you.

Shall I lend you a hand, Fullmetal? Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 53, Flames of Revenge.

Reduce everything to ashes.