01x53 - Flame of Vengeance

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x53 - Flame of Vengeance

Post by bunniefuu »

What the hell is going on? What happened?! I don't know.

I heard Colonel Mustang did something.

Are you serious? Well, it's just a rumor I heard.

Hey! Turn on the radio! "Radio Capital"! Radio Capital? Yeah! There's something crazy going on! That station is so lame.

Just do it! Before the m*llitary stops the broadcast! Hurry! Is that right, Madam? The Führer President's wife? Yes.

The Central Army tried to m*rder me.

So they pointed a g*n at you to sh**t you dead? That's right.

He said, "k*ll her along with Colonel Mustang's men.

" I've heard that Führer President Bradley is currently in the east for an inspection, and is not in Central at the moment.

Yes.

So do you suppose someone in the upper echelon is planning a coup d'etat while the Führer President is absent? I can't say for sure.

Is this truly the real Madam? I recognize this voice, though.

She's real.

But Madam, the fact that your son was also not in Central at the time is I can't get in touch with my son either! What?! You've gotta be kidding me! Poor thing I hope Selim's safe and sound.

Please get yourself together, Madam Bradley.

A coup d'etat, they say! In any case, we are thankful that you're safe and sound.

Do you think anyone other than Bradley would be able to keep this nation together? If Colonel Mustang hadn't saved me, I don't even know if I'd be here right now I see, so Colonel Mustang had already predicted the coup d'etat.

Mustang, huh? Well then, could you please describe in detail of what happened when you were rescued? Of course.

Have you still not told her that Selim is a homunculus? A g*n was pointed at me, so I closed my eyes and began saying my prayers to God.

How could we? She doesn't even know that her husband is currently missing.

When I heard a g*n go off, I thought everything was over.

But- We hadn't told you this yet, Madam, but the thing is, the train that the Führer President was on yesterday in the east was bombed by someone.

What? He is currently missing.

Madam Bradley! Are you all right?! I-It appears as though Madam Bradley is feeling ill due to shock.

But the Führer President has gone missing? What could this mean? Colonel Mustang has always been leery of the upper echelon, and was anticipating that they'd pull something.

And that's when the Führer President's train was bombed, and on top of that, an order to sh**t the Madam was given.

Everything is clear now.

There is a faction in the upper echelon that wants to get rid of the Führer President.

Fool! Hurry up and stop the broadcast! Be well-prepared for the consequences if you refuse! But we can't! They've taken hostages, and we can hardly move due to the fact that they've got a g*n on us! And for starters, there are so many of them that we don't know what to do! Let me talk to Mustang! I'll talk to him directly! Huh? The Colonel? Don't sh**t! Forgive me! Please! How did you like my acting? It was perfect! Okay, keep the show airing! Sir! Like we can let a scoop like this go! Next, we will have one of Colonel Mustang's subordinates speak with us.

She also participated in the mission to rescue the Madam.

So it wasn't the Colonel who planned the coup d'etat.

We, who support Colonel Mustang, have very little influence but inheriting the Führer President's will, This voice! we are prepared to stand up to our underhanded opponents with everything we've got, in the name of justice.

That damned Mustang.

Now that Bradley isn't around, he's exploiting the hell out of the Führer President's influence.

And bringing up words like 'justice' It would be nice if the people would take his bait.

You sounded like you're used to this kind of stuff.

I'm surprised you could use a silly and vague word like 'justice'.

It's fine.

Everyone loves justice.

She's right.

The first person to say it wins.

What the hell is going on? I heard it's not Mustang and his men's doing.

Is that really true? Roy Mustang is telling the truth.

We just arrived here from the east, but there was a huge ruckus over there about the Führer President's train being blown up.

Do the people at Central still not know about it? The highest-ranking man in the nation is missing, and they still haven't bothered to tell its people anything? So it really is a coup d'etat?! Who's the mastermind? If Radio Capital happens to be ambushed and the Madam gets k*lled, it's obviously the upper echelon who's behind it all! What happened to Selim?! He's probably being taken hostage! I hope he's still alive What the hell are the guards doing?! Sir! Apparently, the enemy was in possession of more firearms than they'd expected, and they're putting up a bitter fight.

There has to be limit to how many firearms they can carry! We have a call from the guards.

Here, sir.

What took you so long to contact us?! What is going on over there?! Over! W-We had no idea the men from Briggs were in possession of such- H-Hey! W-Will we be okay? There's no way they'll take control of this place, right? Of course! Seriously what fools.

They're going to have to bring in something like a t*nk to- Huh? What?! Shall I lend you a hand, Fullmetal? Colonel! Looks like you've made some new friends.

Scar.

But wow, this place brings back memories, Lieutenant.

It reminds me of your crying face.

I'd like to see honest tears like that from you again someday.

I thought you despised liquids.

Since they make you useless.

Save the chatting for later! Take them down! Don't you order me around! Roger! We need to defeat these pale things, right? It's useless, Lieutenant! b*ll*ts aren't enough to bring them down! That again?! Why does this always happen? Homunculi? No, their wounds aren't recovering.

But they don't die.

Must be the power of a philosopher's stone.

They are enemies, Fullmetal.

Running around like a cockroach! Seems like he doesn't want me going this way.

That sensation also grows larger as I go It has to be! Is that you, May?! Envy! You guys! Fool! Why didn't you return to your country?! But B- Because! It's fine.

Don't cry.

I'm so sorry, Mister Scar! Man Human traits like this make my skin crawl.

But wow, looks like you guys showed them who's boss.

The Fullmetal Alchemist and the Flame Alchemist.

In addition, Scar.

The shitty chimeras I owe a favor to from up north are with you too.

Now I wonder who I should take care of first.

So you're Envy? You're the Homunculus that can change form, right? Oh, you know about me? Nice to meet you, Colonel Mustang.

Wait, huh? Is this okay, Scar? He's a State Alchemist who turned Ishbal into hell.

You're right.

What, you're all buddy-buddy now? This is boring.

Show me something more muddy and disgusting.

I find enjoyment in watching you pieces of trash shrieking like animals.

I don't have time to entertain your vulgar hobbies.

Vulgar? Well then, let me ask.

Don't you humans also love watching people's unhappiness and watching fools dance? Isn't that why you're always fighting wars? True, it is indeed entertaining to watch fools dance like madmen.

It's especially entertaining to watch fools like you homunculi dance.

Well, I answered your question.

Now it's time for you to answer mine.

Who k*lled Maes Hughes? Answer me, Homunculus.

Maria Ross.

The one you b*rned to a crisp.

Wrong.

It wasn't her.

So you basically b*rned an innocent woman alive?! Nice one! You're terrible! So, how did you explain it to her family? Did you cry and beg for mercy? Or did you perhaps refrain from saying anything because you were afraid of how furious they'd be? Were you never taught to shut your mouth, moron?! I'm starting to get tired of asking you homunculi the same question.

Simply state the truth, you moron! Who k*lled Hughes? Congratulations, Colonel Mustang! You finally found the real culprit.

I can't imagine Hughes getting k*lled by a moron like you.

'Moron'? Morons are what you'd call idiots like Hughes who'd fall for dumb sh*t like this! Your face changed! I love that expression! Hughes had a great look on his face when I k*lled him too! Yeah, that face! The despair of being k*lled by someone who looks just like his beloved wife It was just the best! It's decided.

You're the one who k*lled Hughes.

That's all I needed to know.

You don't need to say anything else, Envy.

Let's start this by reducing your tongue to ashes.

Scar.

Fullmetal.

Leave this place to me.

He's my prey.

G-Gotcha.

Well then, we'll leave this place to you and go on- Who gave you permission to pass? I still need to repay the debt you guys gave me up north- Do you have the time to be speaking to others while facing me? Seems like there's quite a lot of fat on that blabbering tongue of yours.

It burns quite well, Envy.

Lieutenant, will it really be okay- Go, Edward.

We'll figure something out.

But Go, Edward Elric.

Don't you have something you need to take care of? Come on, let's go, Ed.

Hey- You son of a.

! The Colonel will be fine.

Finishing off a homunculus should be a piece of cake for him.

That's not the issue I'm worried about.

Huh? Then what is? I see, so you've been seeking revenge for Hughes' death the entire time.

What a beautiful friendship! Stay back, Lieutenant.

Out of respect for that beautiful friendship, I'll fight you seriously.

But I can't really hold back when fighting in this state.

Don't blame me for any- How does it feel to have all the liquids within your eyes boil? The pain goes far beyond anything you could possibly imagine, doesn't it.

You little- It was nice of you to make yourself a bigger target.

Did you think you could b*at me if you increased your size? Moron.

Get up, monster.

Hurry up and regenerate.

I'll have you repeat this suffering until you're dead.

That's That's right.

He's the one who b*rned Lust to death! Wait! Colonel! You wait here, Lieutenant! I'll dispose of him on my own! Yeah, I think it's this way.

These things look creepy.

They're almost like veins.

I keep having this nasty feeling, like I'm having heartburn.

Not surprising.

There's a huge cluster of energy ahead.

Cluster of energy? Would you get it if I described it as an insane number of people crawling about? Not really, but I do understand that it feels disgusting.

I'd hate to encounter an enemy in a place like this.

Scar, do you mind? Is this about the Flame Alchemist? Because I once lost my soul after engulfing myself in flames of revenge, I can understand well.

If he goes on he'll end up reducing even his own heart with the flames of wrath.

Where did you go, Envy?! Damn him! If you don't come out, you'll be seeing another huge expl*si*n from me! Yo, Roy.

You're human after all! Let this throw you into confusion! You'd set your best friend aflame without hesitation?! Hughes is dead.

He's no longer here.

Your actions do nothing more than feeding oil to flames! Damn you!! Don't get so cocky!! Again! My eyes My eyes! Fool.

You came at me, thinking I wouldn't use much firepower if you were near me? Unfortunately for you, I can pinpoint.

Don't you dare underestimate me! Colonel, I'm going to have to disobey your orders.

He ran away again.

You're disobeying my orders, Lieutenant.

I apologize.

But I couldn't just stand there and wait Where is Envy? I lost him.

This place is like a maze.

Don't leave my side, Lieutenant.

Now that you're here, I'm going to ask for your help.

From the moment someone is born, they gradually become more and more human as time goes by.

And what has been accumulated eventually becomes complete as a strong self.

However Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 54, Beyond the Raging Fire.

Peer once more at your heart.