01x55 - The Adults' Way of Life

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x55 - The Adults' Way of Life

Post by bunniefuu »

Huh? That's strange, I could have sworn it was this way No, was it that way? Are you lost, Fullmetal? Shut up! We're lost because we came back to make sure that a certain incompetent moron wasn't doing anything dumb! No one asked you to do it.

I'm surprised you can say that! If Scar and I hadn't been there, you definitely would have fallen from the right path! Quit demanding my gratitude.

It's thanks to the Lieutenant that I was able to stop myself.

What did you say?! They're so loud.

We're going to be found by the enemy.

Scar, I'm going to go ahead and thank you while I still can.

For convincing the Colonel.

Although it would probably just anger you Ishbalans if you were to be thanked by someone like myself.

I think he was able to return to his old self.

Thank you.

No need to thank me Okay, roger! Understood! Hey! You can stop f*ring now! Cease fire! A message to the soldiers of the Central Army.

A message to the soldiers of the Central Army.

We, the Briggs forces, have occupied mission headquarters.

Damn those traitors! We are currently holding thirteen hostages, including Brigadier General Clemin.

I repeat.

We, the Briggs forces, have occupied mission headquarters.

We demand that the soldiers of the Central Army cease fire immediately.

We are currently holding Brigadier General Clemin hostage.

So the reason why you were going all flashy with the tanks was to mask the noise of the tunnel digging! That's right.

What was that?! I couldn't hear! What?! Is this true?! What's the matter? Mission headquarters has fallen to the Briggs soldiers! Brigadier General Clemin has been taken hostage! Mission headquarters! Is Buccaneer there? Captain! There are a great number of these one-eyed blue humanoid monsters.

It takes a lot to k*ll them, and they also eat humans! No matter what happens, keep all the gates closed! You mustn't let a single one of them out into the city! Annihilate them within the headquarters grounds! Aye, ma'am! What the hell is Clemin doing? From here on out, I'll take charge! This will be the new mission headquarters! The Führer President's chair If we overcome this crisis, it'll be mine! Still more of them?! M-Major General, what the hell are these things?! An immortal army, apparently.

They're soldiers that don't fear death, made by affixing human souls onto dolls.

You soldiers will someday be turned into those.

That thing's still going to move?! How much does it take to k*ll it for good? Then here I go again! What tenacity! Oh no! Major! Major General Armstrong! Don't come! It's after us only! Stay away! So stubborn.

I'm going to k*ll the female general! Pull! Keep it up! Please, you two! Run away while you can! This way! Hurry! Now, Major! Are you asking me to run? Are you asking me to run from the b*ttlefield again?! There's no way I could! I like that resolve not to run.

You're quite handsome.

Well, not nearly as handsome as my husband, though.

Who are you? Ah, the female officer.

Which means you must be Major General Armstrong.

Your subordinate with the mohawk asked me to come help you guys.

That was unnecessary of him This is such a drag Here he comes, Dear! Gotcha! Who might that gentleman be? My husband.

Courage increased by hundred-fold, muscles increased by thousand-fold! Ouch He can still move?! Am I going to die? Die? What does it mean to die? It's too much of a drag to think.

Even living is a drag Major! Major! All that's left are the skinny small fries! Annihilate them with everything you've got! Roger! Sorry, I need to take a quick break.

Yes, ma'am! Please leave the rest to us! I don't know who you are, but I very much appreciate your help.

You're welcome.

I assume you must be a famous martial artist.

Me? No, no, I'm a housewife and an alchemist.

You've heard of the Elric Brothers, right? I'm like a relative of theirs.

So you're Izumi Curtis? Yup.

Are the Elric Brothers also here? Yes, they should be.

Well then, I guess we should take care of the rest of the dolls.

Can you stand, Sister? This is nothing.

Hey hey, rest up a bit! You're heavily wounded.

Us adults can't just lie around while the young ones are fighting.

We have to show the young ones, the ones who will carry this world from now on, the way we adults, the ones who currently carry this world, live our lives.

Then I guess we'll help out too! That'll be wonderful! Having you two on our side is equivalent to gaining one hundred men.

Nah don't expect too much out of us.

I'm apparently a "human sacrifice" or something, so I'm going to be getting out of here after I fight for a bit.

Before I get captured by someone really dangerous.

You're being so sullen even though we're in the middle of a heartfelt reunion? You've gotten really boring.

You used to be pretty fun, with all those emotions.

Lust, greed, sloth, gluttony, envy, wrath, and pride.

They say that man has seven sins.

Too much greed would certainly destroy one's self, but on the other hand, all of those emotions are absolutely necessary to understand other humans.

Why did you let go of them? Geez, that was dangerous.

Listen to what I have to say! You're kidding me! Cut it out, man.

I'm not too good at fighting.

Answer me! Why did you create the homunculi, keep them by your side, and have them call you 'Father'?! Back when you were in the flask, you used to even make fun of the community known as a family! Could it be that you actually wanted a family like other humans have? Where did he go? Don't tell me he's going to hide until the Nationwide Transmutation Circle activates? It's not that I want to become human.

I want to become a perfect being.

I'm going to be taking the philosopher's stone that's inside of you.

Finally, your expression changed.

What did you do? Something you didn't do.

You probably won't understand.

You threw away something important along with your emotions.

Something important? Don't even think you'll be able to defeat us easily.

God dammit! This won't do.

The tire is completely stuck.

Look what you did, mustache boy! The solar eclipse will begin if we take our time like this! Shut up! Hurry up and pull the car out! Oh boy Doctor Marcoh, please back away.

Mr.

Heinkel and I can handle it.

No, but It'll be fine.

Just leave it to us.

Okay, here we go! One, two, three! Go surrender to the mission headquarters.

Hurry up and go.

Yes, sir! Thank you very much! Well, thanks to the dolls getting rid of so many central soldiers, gaining full control of the place is a piece of cake.

We're going to keep up this pace and gain control of the main gate.

Aye, sir! Looks like there's not much for us to do You! Damn you! Why?! Weren't you made to listen to our orders?! Was that man lying to us?! S-Stay away! I wasn't meant to die here! I don't know who you are, but good work.

Be my bodyguard.

If you do, I'll specially- Mind telling us about "that man" whom you speak of? This is gruesome.

Will you take command from here? I don't understand how someone could sit in a place where they'd make such an easy target for a sn*per.

Let's go.

Roger! Sister.

Where does this passage lead to? Seems like it goes down pretty deep.

Could it be the hole which the dolls came out of? If so, it could lead underground.

Yes.

Okay, understood.

Madam! Buccaneer and his men have captured the main gate.

There was little resistance, and they sustained only minor damage.

The entrance to the main gate has also been seized.

They've stationed the tanks there and are using it as a primary defensive position.

The Buccaneer squadron shall stay on stand-by.

Please be sure not to open the gate until every single one of the dolls have been exterminated.

Roger that.

This is the west gate.

We, the white squadron from Briggs, have taken control of the place.

This is the north gate.

Black squadron, taken control! Blue squadron, taken control of the east gate.

Yellow squadron, we've seized their arsenal! It's just as you hear, Major General Armstrong! The Briggs Army has gained control of 90% of Central Headquarters.

Victory is ours.

We won!! Looks like the Colonel didn't make it in time.

Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! Did you miss me? Seems like you guys started a party while I was away.

From here on out, I myself will take command and annihilate the traitors.

I order all unengaged central soldiers to lend me a hand.

King Bradley?! So he was alive.

Where?! Where will he att*ck from?! Salute the Führer President! The king's sword brings about destruction, death, waste, and despair.

He devastates all that stands in his way with unmatched power.

Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 56, The Return of the Führer President.

His home is the b*ttlefield.