01x56 - The Return of the Führer

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Aired: April 5, 2009 – July 4, 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Japanese anime follows two brothers searching for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies.

01x56 - The Return of the Führer

Post by bunniefuu »

Calm down I want to talk to you Please, just listen to me And you too, talk to me Yes that's right You're not alone Golden hair He must have come from the west.

Well, we should at least bury him.

He's alive! You're kidding me! Get yourself together! Hey, are you all right?! Water! Bring him some water! Don't drink it in one gulp.

Take it slow.

Can you understand our language? We're merchants from Xing.

Where were you headed? I have nowhere to return to I also have nowhere to go I was afraid of staying in Xerxes, so I ran You're right I'm sorry I couldn't stop him I'm sorry! I'm sorry, Sergence! Sergence was a master carpenter.

He often came to the palace for repairs.

Remember him? And his son, Dozle, looked up to his father and worked hard in order to succeed him.

And Caiya, the florist girl.

She was kind and thoughtful.

Sari, the horse owner, really loved to drink.

We got along well.

Little boy Tommy's dream was to become a scholar.

Gidalush was a chef.

He once got fired for giving a free meal to a traveler with no money.

Andal, a fellow sl*ve, hated me for gaining the master's favor.

Zul was a hopeless villain and was only awaiting his execution, but he apparently wants to get back at you before that.

Get back at me? Those are the souls that just infiltrated your body.

They're cooperating with me for the sole purpose of defeating you.

You're saying that the philosopher's stone is working together with you, each one retaining its own will? When they're nothing but an energy form? Do you think it's impossible? It almost drove me nuts to deal with these crazed souls one by one.

But I had plenty of time to talk to them.

Thanks to this immortal body you gave me.

You talked to them? That's right.

And that's precisely what you didn't do.

I've already spoken to every single one of the 536329 people inside me.

D-Damn you! Go back to where you came from, Dwarf in the Flask, Homunculus.

Sorry, but I'm going to be destroying your container.

Tearing apart your skin is the same thing as breaking your flask.

You'll turn into dust.

Experience the will of the ones you looked down on.

Aren't you the one who's looking down on someone, Hohenheim? You can survive even after abandoning your skin? Don't think for a moment that you fools are the only ones who progressed.

Didn't I tell you that I'll become a perfect being? What?! A frontal att*ck?! Why must I enter my own castle through the back door? Infantry, retreat! Impossible! Did we get him?! Take over the steering! Y-Yes sir! Dammit! Where are you?! Damn you You took down a t*nk by yourself?! Captain! Captain Buccaneer! What's the matter? The master has returned.

Open the gate.

Open the gate, Falman.

I'm sorry, Colonel Mustang This may become my grave Hey, hey.

Stop trying to act cool with a lame face like that.

If it's about manliness, I can't lose to anyone either.

I can still fight! Rubbish.

This is what people call 'recklessness'.

Exactly.

Letting your passions run wild and barking won't get you far at all.

But for some reason I can't bring myself to abandon people like that.

Dammit! They've started to make a comeback now that the Führer President has returned! If they get past this place, they'll take back the main gate! Hold out no matter what! Yes.

What?! Are you serious?! Madam Bradley! The Führer President is fine! He's alive! I'm so glad Are you okay? Yes, I'm fine.

I'm so glad He's alive Is he hurt?! I don't have the details on that yet.

All I know is that he's wiping out the Briggs soldiers at Central Headquarters.

Should we blame it on Briggs? But! It's to protect Colonel Mustang.

Yeah.

For starters, it's great news that the Führer President is safe.

Yes.

I just hope Selim is safe and sound as well If he's fighting against the Briggs soldiers, it must mean that Major General Armstrong is the mastermind behind the coup d'etat.

Armstrong? Oh The female general who came to Central a little while ago.

Now the real problem is, how much of the upper echelon is involved? So he was alive We can't underestimate a Homunculus, after all.

The fact that we pretended to be on the Führer President's side came back to haunt us.

We had to make Major General Armstrong out to be the villain This place is getting dangerous as well.

Yeah.

I wonder what's going to happen to us.

I don't know.

We've said that we're on the Führer President's side, so I doubt they'll fire at us so easily.

But what if Bradley comes back into full control again? We'll probably get crushed like ants.

Even if the madam is here?! Do you honestly think they're that compassionate? It's been a while.

You should have just run off somewhere after that.

Unfortunately, I'm as greedy as can be.

I want your life too, Wrath.

Reinforcements I'm assuming? Everyone in town was saying that you d*ed in a train wreck.

How did you survive? My eyes are too keen.

It only takes a moment to decide the route I need to take to escape through the rubble.

But I really am getting old.

My body can't handle things as well as it could back then.

He can do all this even if his body isn't at its peak? Lin Yao right? Wow! I haven't seen you since you let me stay in your b*at-up apartment! It's been a while, Warrant Officer Falman.

I'm a Second Lieutenant now! I owe you for a night's lodging and a meal.

Let me lend you a hand.

He said that, but both of us are actually just doing this for ourselves! Trying to get into my blind spot? My partner inside me taught me how to fight you.

I see.

Then I'll do this.

He's starting to get pushed back.

Isn't this looking bad for him? Fire! Fire! sh**t! Idiots! Don't interfere! D-Damn you!! Captain! Seems like you have a sturdy set of abs.

Now you won't be able to use your sword.

Don't be reckless, moron! But! Good job! Christ I'm not too used to wielding these weapons.

Not bad, old man.

The Führer President has returned? Yes, sir.

He's currently engaged in combat with an unidentified man.

We're going to gather more men, wipe out the small fries from Briggs, and rescue the Führer President.

Replenish weapons and fill in vacancies.

Regain the main gate.

Yes, sir! Go! Go! Go! This is bad! The Central Soldiers have gotten back up! My bad! I've already got my hands full with him! I'm leaving the rest to you guys! What?! What are we supposed to do when they have so many more men than us?! Figure something out! "Figure something out"? Captain! Hang in there! We'll have to do just that Hey! You all carry Captain Buccaneer somewhere safe! Roger! We're going to move that.

Roger! Dammit! We're being held back by two machine g*ns?! Since they have the high ground, we're at a disadvantage! Can we get in contact with any of the squadrons in headquarters? Have them open the gate from the inside.

Roger! This is the 3rd Guards Battalion! Central Headquarters Garrison, answer! There are still dolls at the east gate What? What are they saying? Give me that.

I'm Gamelan from the Guards Battalion.

We're at the front gate.

Can you not open the gate to headquarters from the inside? It's impossible! There are dolls lurking about, so we can't open the gate! Dolls? What are you talking about? What happened?! What's going on?! What?! More enemies?! What on earth is going on down there? Oh? Not bad, gramps.

Thanks.

You saved me.

I didn't save you.

I saved the young master's body.

If you say so.

Releasing a nasty aura from the young master's body Well, I couldn't have found you otherwise.

So, who's this guy who's left unscathed despite our combined efforts? King Bradley.

Oh.

It's my first time seeing him with my own eyes.

So he's the one who ripped off my granddaughter's arm! Next time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 57, Eternal Rest.

Farewell, my lord.