07x20 - Event Match-ups Decided!! Let's Hurry and Hold the First Round

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Dragon Ball Z". Aired: April 5, 2009 – March 27, 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Follows the adventures of Goku who, along with the Z Warriors, defends the Earth against evil.

07x20 - Event Match-ups Decided!! Let's Hurry and Hold the First Round

Post by bunniefuu »

"Event Match-ups Decided!! Let's Hurry and Hold the First Round" They aren't of Earth, those two.

Nope.

I have no idea who they might be.

Why would off-worlders beings be in a place like this? Say, what does he mean? "Aren't of the Earth?" Ah, that person, see, he's a little bit funny.

You're right.

Come to think of it, he looks a little pale.

No matter, no matter, let's hurry! The Tournament's drawing is about to start! Y- yeah.

Damn.

That kid Trunks, or whatever I even told him how lightly to do it.

Hey, Goten! Come look at this! Hmm? What? Look at that guy! The one with the mask on! That's a strange mask all right! This area is one where only people who have qualified in the preliminaries can enter.

That means he's one of them! How about it? Don't you think we can use him? In that outfit, no one would know if we were inside! Probably.

How do you mean? Don't you get it? Put simply, we give him a good chop, and while he's out, we take his clothes.

Then we pretend to be him, and participate in the matches! No way, we couldn't do something like that! You say such ridiculous things, Trunks-kun! What's the matter? Don't you want to try matching up against the grown-ups? W- well, sure I'd like to try, but Don'cha!? Okay, it's settled then! H- hold on! Um.

What is it? You want an autograph, little boy? There's a pretty young lady over there who says she wants to talk to you.

What!? She's too embarrassed, so she asked me to come get you for her.

R- really? Where is she? This way, this way.

Where, where? Is she really pretty? Just so you know, I'm pretty fussy about that.

Where, where? All right! Trunks-kun.

Give me a hand here, Goten.

We did it! We did it! Hey, let's get his clothes off.

I put this on? Yeah.

Yeah, but aren't I too small? Won't that give us away? You're such a fool.

Both of us wear it together! Both of us! Huh? Both of us? You don't think anyone can tell like this? Fool! There's no way anyone can tell! All right! This is perfect! There's no way anyone can tell! I don't know The drawing is about to start! Yes, I'm going now! Right? Yeah.

All right, I'll be right back! H- hey, the other way, the other way! Not this way! You know, I can't see in front of me! So just poke some holes! You're right! Now we're perfect! So there's 16 contestants appearing? I wonder what kind of opponents there'll be.

Oh well, I don't expect there will be anyone that great.

Ah, you're here, you're here! So, have all the entrants come together yet? Well then, let's call Mister Satan in.

Mister Satan is having a rest.

He said to have his drawing done for him.

Really? Well, that's what we'll do then.

Right, everyone, we will now hold the drawing to determine your match order! When your name is called, please come and draw one of these lots.

Kami-sama, I plead with you! Please don't let me face one of these guys in the first round! Kuririn, when you say Kami-sama, it's Dende! Ah, that's right! But that's okay! Kami-sama! Dende-sama! Except for those two, there ain't anyone else all that seems all that great.

What's with them? Those two have sinister look about them! It's like they've over-pumped-up! Wha-? T- that guy is a contestant? He sure does have an unusual build! So then, I will be calling you in Japanese alphabetical order.

Um, Killa-san.

Number 14.

Right, Killa-san is number 14.

Contestant Killa, number 14! Contestant Killa, number 14! Oh! The match-ups for the first round are underway! Next is Contestant Kibit, if you please? Um, number 7.

Contestant Kibit, number 7! Next is Contestant Kuririn Oh, me? Please, let this be a good number.

Number 1! You mean my match is right off the bat? Next, Contestant Great Saiyaman! Right! Number 8.

Ah, so that guy who just.

You'd better not let your guard down.

I don't think he's your average guy.

Ah, right.

He sure doesn't seem so.

Next is, er, Contestant No.

So, what is your name? Something like that doesn't really matter, does it? Number 9.

Contestant Shin! Yes.

Number 3.

Shin, huh? That's a name I've never heard before, all right.

We are continuing the drawing now.

When your name is called, please come immediately.

Hey, Goten, what was the name of this guy? I wouldn't know something like that! Next, Contestant Spopovitch, if you please? Er.

Contestant Spopovitch! If you would? Hey, there's no answer! Could he be this Spopovitch? That's it, it has to be! Hurry, let's go! Yeah.

Spopovitch-san! Yes! I'm coming now! I wonder what I'll get Hmm? You're Mighty Mask-san, aren't you? Move it! I'm Spopovitch! Ah, pardon.

Ow, ow ow! I- idiot! Now you've embarrassed us! What do you think you're doing? What do you mean? Trunks-kun, you said so, didn't you? Spopovitch-san, you've changed quite a bit from before.

I didn't realize it was you.

Eh, number 6.

Damn.

If only that abnormal-looking jerk had answered sooner! Next is Contestant Jewel.

Number 16.

Right.

Contestant Jewel is number 16.

Oh, it's Jewel! He's the Champion from my city! He's really strong! He'll win for sure! Fool! There's no way he can win against Mister Satan! Goku-sa is still to come? He's just gotta be victorious for me, no matter what! Well, victory's a matter of the luck of the moment.

Vegeta an' Piccolo are here too, ya know.

Pa! This is no time for you to be talkin' like that! Our whole livin' depends on it! Goten had his victory taken away from him by Trunks' dirty tricks! That's why Goku-sa has to win at any cost, an' bring home that prize money.

Our family's finances are already so hard up, our "wheel of fire" is about to have a flat! Next, Son Goku-san! So, it's my turn! All right! I wonder what number it'll be.

Number 11.

My opponent ain't been decided yet, huh? Wonder who it'll be.

Next, Videl-san! Yes! What's the matter with Papa? Er, Mister Satan is having a rest.

Number 5! H- hey, when she says Papa, you mean she's Mister Satan's daughter? Y- yeah, that's right.

Ohh? I'd heard stories about him having a daughter, but they look nothing alike.

She's pretty cute, after all.

W- well, I guess so.

If you thrill her just a little bit, I bet you could get her to marry you in a second, Gohan! H- how can you!? We're not even really seeing each other! Well, not to worry, not to worry Contestant Punter, number 2.

All right! He's going to be my opponent! Are you this Kuririn guy? Oh, yeah I am.

I don't show any mercy, even to refuse like you! I'm gonna pound you to a soft pulp! Ah, what a shame! Any way you look at it, that's the line of weak guy posing as a strong one.

Your abilities are already obvious.

W- what did you say!? Why you.

You're likely going to die! Better write out a will now, while you still can! Better prepare a coffin, too! I'm going to make yours a flashy funeral! Next, Contestant Vegeta.

Number 12.

Vegeta is number 12!? Number 12, Contestant Vegeta.

H- hey! Goku and Vegeta right from the get-go!? Vegeta, huh? All right! Kakarrot is my opponent! I've been waiting for this! How I've waited for this moment! The day I am victorious over Kakarrot! Hey! Both our dads are in the same fight together! Which do you think will win? My father is going to win, for sure! Fool! My Papa is a sure thing! And your dad's dead, isn't he? He might be dead, but Big Brother says he's been training in the Other World.

Mighty Mask-san! Mighty Mask-san! I've been calling for some time.

Ah, pardon me! Please, hurry and draw.

Right.

Number 13.

Has Mighty Mask always been so high-torsoed? Next, Contestant Ma Junior.

Number 4.

I'm against him! Fine.

Maybe I can find out something about who he is.

Next is the Champion, Mister Satan's turn.

Owing to his instructions, I will draw his lot in his place.

Mister Satan is number 10! Hey, they said your opponent is Mister Satan! Who is Mister Satan? This isn't your day, is it? For you to be up against Papa right away Finally, Contestant Yamu.

Right! As expected, number 15.

All right! This is how it's been decided! The first match will be Contestant Kuririn vs.

Contestant Punter.

The second match will be Contestant Shin vs.

Contestant Ma Junior.

The third match will be Contestant Videl vs.

Contestant Spopovitch.

The fourth match will be Contestant Kibit vs.

Contestant Great Saiyaman.

The fifth match will be Contestant No.

18 vs.

Contestant Mister Satan.

The sixth match will be Contestant Son Goku vs.

Contestant Vegeta.

The seventh match will be Contestant Mighty Mask vs.

Contestant Killa.

The eighth match will be Contestant Yamu vs.

Contestant Jewel.

The matches will begin right away.

I will lead you from here into the waiting room.

Everyone knows the rules, I'm sure.

Giving up, going down and having 10 counted, falling out of the ring, called the Bubutai, and k*lling your opponent will result in defeat.

Also, since we are holding so many matches, there is a 30-minute time limit on each match.

If after 30 minutes has passed and the match has yet to be decided, a judgement will be imposed by the referee.

So now there's a time limit.

For you, just 10 seconds will be plenty! I know, I know Hmm, the 5th match, huh? Who's my opponent? I don't know anything about her, but she's a sharp-looking woman! All right, ladies and gentlemen, we apologize terribly for the delay.

It's been too long! So, shall we get slightly rowdy? And so, we're ready to convene the Tenkaichi Tournament! An unprecedented Tenkaichi Tournament, with a membership unlike any other in history.

The Senior Division is about to begin.

Incredible battles seem ready to unfold!