03x15 - The Bogbeast of Boggabah/Total Eclipsa the Moon

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Star vs. the Forces of Evil". Aired: January 18, 2015 – May 19, 2019.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Series follows the adventures of Star Butterfly, the young turbulent heir to the royal throne in the dimension of Mewni, who is sent to Earth to mellow her reckless behavior.

03x15 - The Bogbeast of Boggabah/Total Eclipsa the Moon

Post by bunniefuu »

[" I'm from Another Dimension" by Brad Breeck plays]

It's gonna get a little weird Gonna get a little wild I ain't from 'round here I'm from another dimension Gonna get a little weird Gonna have a good time I ain't from 'round here I'm from another woo-hoo Yeh-heah I'm talking rainbows I'm talking puppies Pa, pa, pa, pa, pa, pa, pa Paaa It's gonna get a little weird Gonna get a little wild I ain't from 'round here I'm from another dimension [music]

[sighs]

[gasps, screams]

Mama! I need to talk to you.

I can't believe it! - Star, I'm in the middle of - It's blowing my beautiful mind! Okay, I have been meaning to talk to you, as well.

We need to discuss what happened at the temple.

Right? Isn't it bonkers that Heinous is Eclipsa's daughter? Mina told me everything! Mina! What are you talking about? Listen, I won't have you making up ridiculous stories to distract from the real issue here! The little party you threw at the Monster Temple? I told you that it was dangerous to rush the Mewman and monster relationship.

You should have checked with me first! What? No, that's not what I'm talking about! Besides, you should've checked with me before you sent Rhombulous into storm the whole place! Rhombulous? I didn't send Rhombulous! - Lies! - You barge in here with ridiculous claims about Heinous, make a mess in my office and then call me a liar? I don't have time for this! W-What? Hey! No, no, no, no! I am not finished talking about this yet! What are we gonna do about Heinous? How could you do this to your precious baby girl? You're not a baby, so stop acting like one! [grunts]

I'm not a baby? I'll show you a baby! No! I came here to talk about Heinous, and that's just what I'm gonna do.

Ugh! There you go, rushing into things again! Ugh! Dad, now is not the time! I really need to talk to Mom! Agh, you don't know what you need! - I'm sorry? - But I do.

- Hunting trip! - What? Just like my father did with me, whose father did with him, and his father did with him! Just right after I talk to Mom about this [laughs]

That's what I said to my father before me, and what he said to his father before him and his father before him and his brother Uh, Dad! [grunting]

Dad, what are we doing here? We have a royal family crisis on our hands! [grunts]

There's always a crisis.

- Okay, I'm just gonna call Mom and - No, you don't.

[chomps]

[dial tones beeping]

Papa, what are you doing?! [swallows]

Ahh! [Moon]

Hello? Hello? Star is that you? [beeps]

She's busy.

Starship, listen to me.

This is a very important hunt, and I want you here for it.

Once it's over, you can return to your little crisis, but until then, you're all mine.

Deal? Fine Can we please hurry, then? As soon as we find Eddie.

[New Zealand accent]

I'm right here! [both startle]

That's me, Eddie! I have the markings of a plant, but in fact I'm just a regular fella.

Oh! [laughs]

Eddie, you old bottom dweller! [chuckles]

True, I am a bit of a creeper.

Yeah, you are.

So, what brings you to this neck of the parks? The Bogbeast of Boggabah! Wowee! Is it that time already? Bogbeast? Sounds easy enough.

- Ah, you're a first-timer, clearly.

- This is no trifle matter! The last thing you want is to face the beast ill-prepared.

I remember my first Bogbeast hunt.

It did not go well.

Well, I'll alert the others! You better get prepped! - How long is this gonna take? - It takes as long as it takes! Listen for the Bogbeast song.

That's when you know it's near.

[River]

Come, Star! [groans]

Coming.

[drumbeats]

[River]

Okay, the first ritual is to cleanse our minds of fear! The beast can smell your fears before you're even afraid.

Uh-huh.

Okay, yeah, so what do we do first? We sweat! Oh kay.

Look, look! I got one! Ugh, forget this! Summoning cloudy charm! [thunder rumbles]

We good here? [spits]

It's time to learn how to be one with our surroundings.

[grunting]

A voilá! The ancient skill of camouflage! But before you start, you must check every leaf carefully.

- Yeah, I have a better idea.

- No! You'll accidentally pick up the baby bog dragons that live there! Huh? [squeaking]

Easy, little dragon babies! [flames whoosh]

[Star screams]

[squeaking]

[sighs]

Next task! Mewman hair-braiding is very important.

- Oh.

- It teaches focus and attention to detail! Ugh! Dad! [humming]

[laughing]

Ah, yeah There! - Oh! - Now do me.

[growls]

[deep tones]

The Bogbeast song! Let's go get it! Honey, we must finish the rituals! - But - Make me pretty! Wait, wait, wait, wait.

Done! - Thank you, pumpkin.

Next ritual! - Dad! Okay, the last ritual is to teach focus.

To protect ourselves, we must cover our bodies - with ancient markings! - Ahh! Like tattoos? No! Ancient markings! That doesn't seem hard.

And kinda cool.

Dip the stick careful, uh, slowly.

- There we are! - Way ahead of you! Fascinating! Can we start the hunt now? Yes! Just 100 more scrolls to go.

[gasps, groans]

Make sure you get the curve.

Don't forget the curve at the end.

Uh-huh, uh-huh.

Got the curve.

- There, done! - Very good, milkshake! Now, let's see what you "Boy Beatz"? [laughs]

That's supposed to say "Bogbeast"! Ha! I'm afraid we'll have to start all over.

What?! Oh, no.

All right, I'll get the ink and then Oh, no, I mean all over, from the very beginning! Tallyho-ho! What? Ugh.

[music]

Ugh, okay! We sweated, we camouflaged, we braided, and we protected our bodies with ancient scroll thingies! I am ready! Wait! I'll tell you if you're ready or not.

Look into my eyes.

Hmm.

Mm-hmm.

Yes.

You are ready! Ack! My back! Don't worry! This happens all the time.

Just need to sit down.

- But I'm ready! - Actually, no, you're not.

I lied, just as my father lied to me, and his father lied to him and his father lied He was a liar.

Now, come lay down, and we'll start over fresh in the morning [snores]

What, you're asleep?! Ugh! Okay.

[wind whistling]

[deep tones]

He's here.

That's it! Bogbeast, I'm coming for you! [screaming]

The Bogbeast! Yow! Ugh! Oh! Are you kidding me? I don't have time for this! [deep tones]

What the ? [deep tones]

Geh! Aah! [groans]

Uh hello? Hello? Who is there? Oh! [grunts]

Bogbeast, is that you? Uh no! Don't don't Don't come any closer! [screaming]

What? Huh? Greetings, all! [laughing]

I present you the Bogbeast of Boggabah! [all cheering]

[music]

[deep tones]

Huh? - Congratulations, pumpkin! [laughs]

- Ah, what? Me ? I am not the Bogbeast! Of course you are! We've all been the Bogbeast at one point or another! Old Eddie here has even been the Bogbeast twice! [laughs]

I never learn! Being impulsive and running into situations headfirst without thinking is your specialty, dear, but it's also what makes a Bogbeast.

You have so much greatness in you, I don't want anything to stand in your way, especially yourself.

- Please remember this hunt always.

- I will, Dad.

- [man]

Bog party, everybody! - Sorry, not this time.

I promised Star we'd go home.

She has stuff that she needs to do.

[all groan]

You know what? My stuff can wait till morning.

I think I can squeeze a little bog party in.

Bog party! [cheering]

[music]

[sighs]

Okay.

How could you do this to your precious baby girl? You're not a baby, to your so stop acting like one! [groans]

Trying [chair squeaks]

Try already, and she doesn't think Whew baloo, balee, baloo, below.

I let yo.

I let yo.

I don't even know my own family.

[groans]

Fine.

[rock music playing]

Eclipsa? I [gasps]

Oh, hey.

Queen Moon, hi.

You're in my room.

[sounds]

[squeaks]

Did you make a guitar out of a skeleton? - I work with what I'm given.

- This should be quick.

Star just stormed into my office with some crazy idea - about who your daughter is.

- Okay.

Look, I just need you to identify her from a picture.

- Can you do that? - Hmm.

- What is it? - It's just I haven't seen my daughter in 300 years.

Oh, I'm sorry.

I shouldn't have No, it's fine.

I'm fine.

Is this your daughter? - Festivia? No.

- What? Are you sure? Oh, I'm sure.

My daughter was Meteora.

Well, the name may have been changed.

But that's not her.

My daughter had pretty little clovers on her cheeks - and the cutest tail in all of Mewni.

- I-I'm sorry, a tail? She got it from her daddy.

But how is that possible? Well, when a queen and a monster love each other very much I mean, how could this not be your daughter? This is the complete history of the Butterfly family! If this isn't your daughter, then who is she? I wish I could tell you! The Royal Archive would have the truth.

The Archive? In the Bureaucracy of Magic? Where they keep lunch receipts and office supplies? Don't judge a room by its supplies.

The Archive has the real history, beyond what's in your book.

Well, I don't have access to the Archive, - don't even know how to get there.

- I could come with you.

No, no, no.

That, uh, won't be possible.

I'd never hear the end of it if I took you out of here.

Well, good luck.

If you find out what happened, please let me know.

I had a daughter.

I'd like to know what happened to her.

[sighs]

Fine.

Let's go.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Well, think of it as a girls' night, - if that makes you feel better.

- It doesn't.

[music]

Sean, you little pig.

You made a mess.

Who's gonna clean this up? Ah - [Moon]

Hello, Sean! - Huh? - Queen Moon! - Just, uh, just grabbing something from my office, like a normal person! [klaxon blares]

Sorry, Queen Moon.

Looks like I'll have to scan ya.

Yeah, that's a great idea, Sean.

Why don't you scan me! Uh, no, it's I don't need to! Uh, it's probably fine.

[quavering]

What am I doing? Get out of there! - Now, where's the Archive? - I don't know.

You said you knew where you were going! Last time I was here, the Archive was just a stone cottage.

Wait, did you say stone? Oh it's a coat closet.

Don't judge a room by its supplies.

- Tah-dah.

- Well, would you look at that.

Let's see if I remember [tones play]

Duh duh Mmm Duh-duh-duh-duh buh-bah! [hissing]

Ooh! [heavy grinding]

Aren't you just full of secrets! Did it again, Sean.

Is that how you want to live your life? Those cupcakes weren't even for you! Oh - Hey, Queen Moon? - Sean! I see you brought, um you brought a friend, - and you opened a secret door.

- It's not [static clicks]

- What are you doing? - I think I gotta report this, don't I? Put that down, Sean! Right now.

I'm sorry, I can't do that.

[static clicks]

[grunts]

[chuckles]

[worried moan]

No, wait, wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

Look, the other members of the High Commission, - they won't understand! - Why don't you wipe his memory? - [both]

What? - Oh, use your magic.

You know, just point and say "mind eraser!" Pew-pew! What? You can't do that! Well, of course she can.

She's magic.

I am not wiping his memory, Eclipsa! - Eclipsa! - Well, I can't do it.

I never learned magic without a wand.

- Yeah, please don't.

- Is this how you used magic? When there's a problem, you just "mind eraser, pew-pew"? [groans]

[gasps]

What've I done? Oh, come on, you did that on purpose.

I must be crazy! Let's see.

# Dark is the hall # Beyond the pitch, oh, where could there be light? What are you doing? Oh, just singing a little song I wrote to help me remember my way.

Wait, Eclipsa, don't run! Dark is the hall beyond the pitch Oh, where could there be light? It's this way.

Not up nor down but three steps round - Hey, slow down! - Two doors down! Her torch shall steer you right [sighs]

Tah-dah! Locked.

Hmm.

Have you got a hairpin? Oh.

That's better! Okay, right, so we're going to use the rat hole.

- What rat hole? - Rat hole.

I am not getting in a rat hole! [giggles]

It's so dirty in here! Isn't there isn't there another way? [groans]

Oh, I think I'm stuck! Yeah, I think so, too.

Looks like your gown is stuck.

I'll have to go round to pull you through, okay? How long will it be before you're on the other side? Not long at all.

No worries! [music]

[grunts]

[tinkles]

[grunts]

[music]

What are you doing? [Moon gasps]

Hey, drop that! [sighs]

How long have I been out? Oh, no.

Eclipsa! Eclipsa? Hello? [sighs]

I trusted her! I can't believe I trusted her! - Knock, knock! - What took you so long?! I came as fast as I could.

Are you okay? Yes, I'm fine.

I just needed a little agh! It's it's incredible! I had no idea this was here.

No, no, no! Watch your step.

You'll set off the alarm.

I haven't seen these little guys in forever.

Hello! They've been recording everything that's ever happened to the royal family.

"7:59, King River reveals Star to be the Bogbeast of Boggabah"? What? You know, this stuff would've made it a lot easier to build a case against you! Sorry.

There's so much stuff here, it's impossible to find anything, unless you know where to look.

[grunting]

Of course, I know where my scroll is.

[screams]

Ah, here it is! And so the daughter of Eclipsa and King Shastacan, Princess Festivia, was crowned queen upon her mother's imprisonment.

They took her out! They erased all record of my daughter completely! Who's Festivia? Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this.

- Unh! - Oh! Once we're back at the palace, we can put [stone grinds]

I told you to watch your step! [klaxon blares]

- Run! Run! - It's not the easiest thing in this dress! [music]

[tinkles]

Mmm! Aah! Go! Oh, dear.

Unh! [groans]

- You incorrigible - Moon, hurry! Ha ha! [quavering]

All right, so it's clear someone's orchestrated a cover-up, and I think I know who it was.

They erased my daughter.

I'm the one on trial.

Eclipsa, I believe your daughter may still be alive.

What? But how? [knocking]

- Hey.

- [both]

Hey.

# She's a princess winning battles # Through the break of dawn Don't worry when it's night 'Cause she would keep the lights on Oh, there goes a shining star - # Evil won't deter her # - That's right! - # 'Cause magic flows through her # - Star Butterfly! She is a shining star