01x01 - The Savastanos

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Gomorrah". Aired: 6 May 2014 – 17 December 2021.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

Based on Saviano's book of the same name the series follows Ciro Di Marzio, a member in the Savastano Camorra clan of Secondigliano, headed by Pietro Savastano.

01x01 - The Savastanos

Post by bunniefuu »

She put a picture of me and her mom on "book".

That's no book.

Facebook! - It's a social network.

- Should I worry? Nah, all the kids have it! She's always on the computer, what the f*ck does she write? She writes her stuff! - And they all read it? - Yeah, all her friends.

I'll smash her computer, that'll end it! 'The street and it's stories, no book sings it's glories.

Stories of promise, some go, some stay, stories of who lives life looking out a window.

Listen, friend! The best part's next! Listen, friend! Maria's not been born they say, they just invented her one day so there'd be songs.

Some say they met her down the way, she's black as spades and danced on the shore.

Listen, friend!' What song is this? It's too modern for me! - You're so old! - Yeah, it's too modern for me! Anyway, I think, what we're doing is sh*t, Don Pietro should have talked to Conte.

'Maybe she's singing an American song or "O Sole Mio" in the neighbourhood.

' You don't like it, do you? Ripped By mstoll 'Who is it?' It's me, Morn.

Go! - All okay? - Yeah, he went up.

'For 48 hours now it's been snowing even in Capri' Salvatore, no smoking at the table! It's fake, Mom.

See? Even has a light.

This helps me quit.

Real or fake, it's still smoking.

At the table, no smoking! Lord, bless us and the food You've given us today, for Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Mom, you should be cooking on TV.

What's that? - What happened? - Nothing, just relax.

- Nothing? - Wait.

Hey assholes, they're burning my house down, come! - Holy Mary, look! - Just stay calm.

Relax.

- Come here.

- Where are we going? 'Mamma mia!' Relax, they're coming for us! - We'll die.

- Get in here, sit down.

Full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, blessed art Thou among women, blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.

Ready? I have to report a fire.

There's a fire at Via Stornaiolo 71.

I don't know, you can see flames from the street.

No, I'm nobody, I'm a citizen, just a guy.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death What a stink! - What's this stink of gas? - Maybe there's a leak! - Idiot! - Cheers.

- Put 1,000 on Pupetta? - Why? We'll make 5,000! - Damn you, Alfredo! - Let's make it 6,000, Attilio! Don't listen to him! - Shut up! - It's your problem, I warned you.

Wrong time, I can't lose this money on horses.

- Then keep it in your pocket! - Up yours! And yours, you crook! These clothes reek! I'm changing, come with me? Let's go! - Bye, guys! - Bye.

- Good morning.

- Good morning, Lady Imma.

- Come in.

- Thank you.

- Coffee? - I don't want to be a bother.

- It's no bother.

- Thank you.

- Carmela! - Yes? - Make some coffee.

- Alright.

What are you doing? - You're looking at her ass? - No way! Watch your manners! Curcio bids 1.

78 and De Rosa bids 1.

24 and 90.

Don Pietro, are we sure? I'll write down this parameter, but if Conte's group participates, we're screwed! I've been out for two rounds and don't want Conte up my ass again.

De Rosa, first of all, watch your mouth, there's a lady.

Forgive me.

Second, I'm sure Conte learned he shouldn't be an assh*le.

We're sure? Make the bid the surveyor says and you'll win the job.

Gennaro In annex 2, Russo coefficient 14.

I wish I could have been there to see that dickhead sh*t in his pants.

Maybe he'll see he's got to stay put.

- And just handle weed.

- Right.

If he doesn't see? We'll make him see again that I make the rules, not Salvatore Conte.

Lady Imma, excuse me Ciro! I'd like to ask Don Pietro if I can go.

Go, I'll tell him.

- Goodbye.

- Ciro! Do you like this couch? 'Mamma mia!' It's beautiful.

You can have it.

- You gotta think about it? - I don't know if I can accept.

You'd be doing me a favor, a new couch is coming tomorrow.

I'll call Genny, to help you.

- Genny! - Yeah, Ma? Come and help Ciro! Give it here! Thank you, Gennaro.

Ciro! Next time there's a barbecue at Conte's house, call me! Relax, I'll let you know.

This thing doesn't end here.

And you gotta call me, okay? Bye.

- Thanks.

- Bye.

You're sure? I see, thank you.

- Ciro's gone with the couch? - Yes, why? Because the new one's no good! It's no good, it's no good.

The Capanos went to Sharm el Sheik, they say it's beautiful! - Who gives a damn! - You're such a bore! God, I'm stuffed on meatballs! That's weird, he only ate 15! I think he's got a tapeworm.

What fun for the kids at Sharm el Sheik! Kids have fun everywhere! Sure, but lots more at Sharm el Sheik! What a doll! It's late.

Attilio! We gotta go.

I just can't.

I get it, I'll go, relax.

- I'll call you later! - Okay.

Bye, Antonietta.

- Toupé.

- Ciro.

- Hi, Gigi.

- Hi, coffee? Ciro, can I do this with you? - Why else am I here? - Here It's all written.

Excuse me, can I ask you a favour? Talk! My wife's nephew is a good kid, but Three dead, at least three! And that's not all, there were some injured on the floor.

Those sons of b*tches even threw two bombs! - How are you? - Not a scratch, see? If you'd been there, you'd be dead! We made a mistake, I knew Conte would take revenge after that fire.

You don't tell Pietro this, understood? It could have been any of us, and not the Immortal, who no one can k*ll! Any of us and now we'd be mourning a death.

They came onto our turf, sh**ting, on Sunday, there could have been kids around.

We can't just forget this, you have to go get him! We have to rip out that snake tongue of his! They say he's hiding out in the cap factory.

I don't give a sh*t where he is, you gotta get him! Sure, Don Pietro, but we have to find a way, we gotta make him come out.

- That's not a place where - Where? You can't just break in, we'll get hurt too.

- So, I wasn't clear.

- We gotta think a plan.

He's got guards What's there to think, Africa? If your son had been in that bar, would you stop to think? Would you? - And you? - You're right, but we gotta plan it.

Shut up! Conte shoulda done the thinking before, it's too late now.

How the f*ck do we get in? There are guards everywhere, right where he is.

Can you tell me? Are we after Conte or is he after us? - Doesn't matter, we found each other.

-l'm serious.

Salvatore Conte's leading us where he wants us and Don Pietro's letting him.

He didn't get to be Pietro Savastano for his pretty face! Want to know what I think? Pietro Savastano's gotten old and Salvatore Conte knows it.

'At the scene of the expl*si*n, Forensics is looking for' Why don't we buy the new couch outside Naples? In Salerno! - What do you say? - No, Immacolata! So, do we get another exactly like it even if we know that inside We won't do a thing.

Do we put up posters that someone warns us? I'd have clubbed that guy's head, I'd have smashed him good and torn his store apart.

I don't f*ckin' believe he didn't know.

- Don't swear at the table! - Do I speak Chinese? - We won't do a thing.

- Meanwhile we'll sit on the floor? 'At the site of the expl*si*n, Forensics is looking for traces of the bombs, and clues to reconstruct the event and investigators are questioning the injured, trying to identify the murderers, but the testimony is meager.

One fact leaked from the investigation regarding the origin of the att*ck' Go! Go with your father! 'This spectacle of death is the result of the Camorra w*r, for the multimillion-dollar cocaine business.

' All clear! All clear.

All clear.

- Hello.

- Hi.

What do you need, bro? Make it fast! - Remember? - Sure do! Seems they opened a neighbourhood watch in here, did you know? No.

Cops and journalists a mess! They're down 300 doses.

- Did you talk to Pietro? - Bookie did, they're waiting.

There's no way.

I tried, but he's not listening.

He says we do it right away, we gotta raise hell on his turf, like he did with us.

Right, so we get cops and journalists on our backs.

Where's he hiding? He says he's there tomorrow night, where he stores his stash.

- Who told him? - He says he knows, no questions.

He's rippin', says Conte's saying Savastano's shittin' in his pants.

- See? It's like I said.

- That's enough! If we gotta do it, let's do it.

We each do our part.

Let's move! Stop bad-mouthing Pietro in front of everyone? One of them will tell him, just to look good, and you'll get a b*llet in the head.

What a laugh if it's me that must sh**t you! Pino, I'm broke, will you loan me? - I can't.

- C'mon! - You'll get it back in a week.

- Got casts on your feet? Tell me, got almonds in those sugared candies? What's so weird about these shoes? Mind your own business, you idiots! Genny will loan me, for sure.

Where are you going? He's busy.

- And so? - Get lost.

Candy Almonds, come here! A big hand for Candy Almonds! Did you know the Sanità district lowered prices? Heroine's going for 11 euro.

They say there's another f*cking citizens watch group.

I don't think that's why.

- Why then? - They're gettin' rid of stuff.

They know hell's breaking out, that brings cops and you don't sell with cops around.

Ciro, it's for tomorrow? - I want to come too.

- You can't.

You decide if I come or not? Not me, it's your father who decides.

Ciro, I want to show Dad I can do it.

If I'm with you, I know I can.

I'm sure you can, but tomorrow's dangerous.

Want to make your father happy? Stay home, like I say.

Are you scared? You're surprised? Ciro, if Dad lets me come, I'll watch your back.

Really! 'Declaration of Responsibility' Make out another receipt to the name of Attilio Diotallevi.

Is that a problem? No.

- Three rounds for him too? - The same.

Take Attilio's receipt, then get another two: one for Hairball and one for Fishbone.

Pass me the stuff.

Here.

- Hey! - Hey.

- When are you going? - In a few minutes.

Close the door.

'Being with you after her, drives me crazy' - Where's the coffee? - Right there.

You're morons! You're just idiots! Luana! Dad, can I go with Ciro tonight? - Dad! - I heard you! - It's not a good idea.

- I'll stick to him.

No need.

Go have fun, your time will come.

But if you never give me a chance, how can I? Gennaro, you're my son, you don't need chances.

- Eyes on the road! - Mind your own business! I want to die looking good.

Next time, we'll get Fishbone's b*llet-proof vest in a kiddies shop.

- Hear that? - Go to hell! - Everything okay, Michele? - Yeah.

- You? - All okay.

Hi.

Lucia, she's phenomenal at billiards.

I have a steady hand.

She's got a steady hand hear that? Smile sometimes! Are you always pissed off? You're right, I'm pissed off.

- Hey you! - Can I buy you a drink? She's with me! - I bet your name's Noemi.

- Are you a prick? What did you say? Let him go, Gennaro! I'll k*ll you! We're not on our turf! Bye, Noemi.

Hey, Immortal, wear this, you'll feel better.

What we're doing is crap.

He's dead! Attilio! Attilio! It hurts.

It's nothing.

It's nothing.

Attilio! Let's go, the cops are coming.

He's dead, you can't do a thing for him! Let's go, want to get caught? What the f*ck's with you? Coming to my house like this? I thought I'd better tell you right away.

Talk.

Attilio is dead, Hairball too.

- And Fishbone, and Africa.

- The assh*le? He ran, I don't even know if he was there.

He was! All his men are dead.

No one's left.

I'll settle for that.

Conte will remember it.

He'll think twice before being an assh*le.

I'm sorry about Attilio.

I know he was like a father to you.

But it had to be done, right? And it had to be done like that.

I'll get big wreaths of flowers for everybody.

I'll see to the women, the wives.

I'll take care of them.

We'll give paychecks right away, even to the girlfriends.

Good job, Immortal! You'll get some money too.

Antonio, hurry, you have to go to school! Antonio, get moving, get some cookies from the kitchen.

- Luana, put that thing away.

- Just a minute! Someday you'll find it in a million pieces.

You'll see.

Hello? 'The crime scene is gruesome' - So, what do you say? - It's nice, you chose well.

- It didn't even cost much.

- Really.

Is that alright? Thank you.

- Goodbye.

- Goodbye.

So, wanna try this magnificence? Let's try it out.

Why's it so hard? You're right, it's hard.

Even the back.

Is that how it is or is it defective? No, that's how it is.

I don't like it, we have to change it.

I want to be comfortable.

We have to change it.

sh*t cops! They can shove their bugs" up their asses! 'It has been discovered that the factory served as a logistics base for the storing of dr*gs for the clan which wants to depose the drug traffickers' Bye, Attilio.

Run! - It's too late.

- No.

It is, I got all the way here.

Hey, I won, now I'll be the look-out.