01x04 - The God is Kidnapped

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Kamisama Kiss". Aired: August 20, 2015 – August 19, 2016.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Nanami was just a normal high school girl down on her luck until a stranger's lips marked her as the new Land God and turned her world upside down.

01x04 - The God is Kidnapped

Post by bunniefuu »

A tired girl starts her day onnanoko hajimemashita tameiki wa bioron no shirabe ni nite With a sigh like the moan of a violin akai mi hajikechatta A cherry bursts in her mouth mada anata wo shiranai This was before we had met konna koto hajimetette This is the first time I've ever felt like this I could see that your pretty eyes were filled with contempt manazashi wa aku no hana sakimidarete mo But I had to go home ie e to tsuzuku Even at the bus stop, you gave me the cold shoulder basu sutoppu demo anata wa tsurenai karameta hanabi myaku utsu The fireworks in the sky pulse koi no shiruetto In a silhouette of love karui mahou With a little magic, Two sets of lying lips usotsuki na kuchibiru sou kasaneteru Lock together You see ano ne nee kamisama God warui ko ni naritai yo I'd like to be a naughty girl ii ko ni shiteru kara I'm tired of being good onegai dayo So, please zurui koto sasetoite It's for a good reason ii koto shitai nara So let me be bad for once By flipping my skirt sukaato hirogaesu shite sugu kaeru yo I'll be back soon It looks like Saturday is going to be sunny doyoubi wa haresou da kamisama hajimemashita God, it has already started Rain.

It's been raining a lot.

Yo, look at that! A snake! A snake?

A snake.

It's a white snake! Awesome! Let's catch it! Two minutes into the episode, and there's already a snake in the school.

Maybe it'll be the new school mascot.

Stop.

White snakes are the familiars of deities, you know.

You'll get cursed.

You touched it! Now make sure you don't wander in again.

Momozono, your arm okay?

I'm fine.

It didn't bite me or anything.

You sure?

Look at your arm.

It's all red.

What a strange mark, indeed! The Deity \h\h is Kidnapped Welcome home, Nanami-sama! Where's Tomoe?

He is currently preparing dinner.

I don't like shitake mushrooms, you know.

If you'd stop being picky, you might be able to do something with your talisman for once.

Nanami, where did you get this mark?

Oh, it looks like a reaction to the snake I picked up at school.

This is a special mark for a snake.

Special?

To be specific, this is the mark of the betrothed.

Huh?

Betrothed?

Do you mind explaining how you got to be so friendly with a snake at school?

So, a white snake wandered into the school, and you rescued it because the kids were messing with it?

It was all white and pretty! That's great! Now that "white and pretty" snake will be here to pick you up soon.

That pretty snakeis coming to pick me up?

! That snake got its saliva on you because you're such an airhead! You can relax, though.

No matter who shows up, I won't let anyone lay so much as a finger on you.

Huh?

It'd bring shame upon my name if I let a stupid snake steal my master.

Still, this one being a white snake complicates things.

HILLS BEVERLY HILLS HIGH DIARY BEVERLY SCHOOL HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY DIARY HILLS SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HIGH BEVERLY HILLS HILLS BEVERLY BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY DIARY BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL HIGH DIARY BEVERLY SCHOOL DIARY HILLS HIGH BEVERLY HILLS HILLS SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HIGH DIARY SCHOOL HIGH BEVERLY HILLS DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY DIARY BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS HILLS DIARY BEVERLY HIGH DIARY SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS HILLS SCHOOL HILLS BEVERLY HIGH BEVERLY HILLS DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY DIARY HILLS SCHOOL HIGH BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY DIARY BEVERLY SCHOOL HIGH BEVERLY HILLS HILLS DIARY DIARY BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY SCHOOL HILLS HIGH DIARY HILLS BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL BEVERLY HIGH HIGH BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HILLS BEVERLY SCHOOL SCHOOL BEVERLY HIGH DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS HIGH BEVERLY BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL DIARY HILLS HILLS BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY DIARY SCHOOL HIGH BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HIGH HILLS DIARY SCHOOL HIGH BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY What did I do to deserve this?

Are you sure you can pass as a high-schooler?

Yes, I'm sure.

BEVERLY HILLS HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY I stayed up all night studying this.

BEVERLY BEVERLY SCHOOL DIARY HIGH HILLS BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL HILLS BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY DIARY HIGH DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS HIGH BEVERLY SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL DIARY HIGH SCHOOL HILLS BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HIGH DIARY HILLS HIGH BEVERLY SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY BEVERLY SCHOOL HIGH DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS BEVERLY HILLS HILLS DIARY HIGH BEVERLY SCHOOL SCHOOL BEVERLY DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS HIGH BEVERLY HILLS HIGH BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL DIARY BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HIGH SCHOOL DIARY HILLS BEVERLY BEVERLY HILLS HIGH DIARY SCHOOL HILLS DIARY SCHOOL HILLS BEVERLY HILLS HIGH BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY SCHOOL HIGH BEVERLY HILLS DIARY DIARY BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HIGH SCHOOL HILLS HIGH BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL HILLS DIARY BEVERLY SCHOOL DIARY HIGH BEVERLY HILLS HILLS BEVERLY DIARY BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY SCHOOL HILLS HIGH HIGH HILLS SCHOOL DIARY BEVERLY BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY SCHOOL HIGH DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HILLS SCHOOL HIGH DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS HIGH BEVERLY SCHOOL DIARY HILLS SCHOOL HILLS SCHOOL He's a lost cause.

BEVERLY BEVERLY HILLS HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY For crying out loud, you cause nothing but trouble.

I'm not scared of snakes, you know.

For the time being, don't leave my sight while we're at school.

Not even for a second.

Mm-hm.

This is Mikage Tomoe, transferring in from Mikageyama.

DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HIGH SCHOOL DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY BEVERLY HILLS DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY HIGH SCHOOL BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL DIARY BEVERLY HILLS DIARY BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL Let's see.

Your seat will be I'll take that one.

Excuse me?

Huh?

Tomoe and I are classmates?

I wasn't expecting this turn of events.

Where's the crow?

It seems he's busy with work this week.

Normally, the classroom is quieter without Kurama, but now these girls Wow, he's so hot! Hey, your name's Tomoe, right?

Didn't you bring lunch for Momozono once?

won't shut up! That really threw me for a loop! It's been a while.

Do you remember us?

We were in the classroom back then! Of course he doesn't remember you.

I do remember.

Huh?

Umibe Natsuko, Tobita Megumi, and Hitami Chie.

I know the names and faces of each and every one of you.

You help out Nanami, after all.

It's only natural.

H-How do you and Nanami know each other again?

Nanami is my master.

What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! What?

! This isn't fair! If he doesn't stop saying that What's wrong?

Restroom?

No! Good grief Stop using words like "master" and "servant.

" You might cause a misunderstanding! Servant Servant Servant Servant Servant Servant Servant Servant Servant Servant?

Servant Servant Servant They're going to call me names again! Listen, this is our story.

You're the son of the family that's taken me in, okay?

And Momozono-san! Huh?

The teacher told me to give the logs to you.

CLASS LOG Here.

CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG CLASS LOG Thanks! Good luck on your shift! See ya.

D-Did she hear us?

Are you friends with her?

That's only the second time I've talked to her.

Momozono-san's a pretty interesting person.

She surprised me last time, but I hope we can be friends.

Hmm.

This is strange.

I don't think I've ever been this close to Tomoe before.

It feels like we're closer now than when we were at the shrine.

2nd period 5th period 6th period 3rd period - Teacher well today.

Math II Music 4th period Classic Literature Everyone seemed to get along Biology All right, my job's done.

Everyone seemed to get along Everyone seemed to get along Math II Music Biology Classic Literature 6th period well today.

Everyone seemed to get along - Teacher 2nd period 5th period 4th period 3rd period - Teacher Math II Everyone seemed to get along Classic Literature Biology Sorry I took so long, Tomoe.

Let's take this to the office and head home.

I guess he's tired.

I hope he'll stay tomorrow, the day after that, and every day after that too.

Nanami-san.

Eh?

Good day.

Nice weather, isn't it?

I'd completely forgotten about what happened.

Nanami?

! Yonomori-sama, please look.

The plums have started budding.

Don't you have someone you'd like to view the flowers with, Mizuki?

Of course not.

If you do find someone like that, don't wait to tell me.

CLASS LOG Oh, there he is! Tomoe-kun, are you going home?

Would you like to Go find Nanami right now! You damn snake, I'll roast you over a spit when I find you! Is she awake?

Not yet.

Oh, she woke up.

Hey human, wanna eat a centipede?

Good morning, Nanami-san.

Thanks for saving me at school the other day.

You're that guy that was at school! I'm the shrine familiar of Yonomori Shrine.

I am known as Suenagaku Mizuki.

Suenagaku?

Rejoice! Japan's best shrine familiar, Mizuki-dono, has chosen a bride! This calls for celebration! Wait, don't continue the story without me! These two are the shrine's sprites.

The one enshrined behind you is the shrine's deity, Yonomori-sama.

A deity?

Yonomori-sama's has given her blessing for our marriage as well.

Now, Nanami-san No.

I will not marry you.

But that ring around your arm is like an engagement ring.

I'm leaving! Leave, then.

That is, if you can.

What's their problem?

! I'm getting out of here! There's no way I'd stick around.

See?

That was easy.

No problem! All right! I don't know my exact location, but if I stick to one path, I should hit a highway or something eventually.

Definitely! I'm getting out of here! I am going to get out of here! There's someone there! People! Welcome home, Nanami-san.

Why are you I walked so far I told you that you wouldn't be able to leave.

If you still don't believe me, would you like to try again?

I don't like him.

Huh?

Did you trip?

Your leg's scraped.

It's bleeding! We have to treat it.

Stay still.

I won't let anyone lay so much as a finger on you.

Liar.

You don't need to cry! All you have to do is live here from now on.

Yonomori-sama has already forgiven you too.

I'll treat you way better than Tomoe, anyway.

It shouldn't be the right season, but those plums are still budding.

This isn't part of the real world, is it?

Yup, those plums are always like that.

We stopped the time here while they were the most beautiful Yonomori-sama likes them quite a lot.

Would you like to sleep now?

Excuse me?

! I won't do anything.

You can wait until you're ready right here, forever.

Here you go! Tomoe, I'm right here.

If you're truly my familiar, come save me.

We'll be back soon! We'll be right back after this.

We're back! Nanami-sama has been Nanami-sama has been kidnapped?

! She has become a snake's bride?

Our shrine is doomed! Don't cry, Onikiri.

We still have hope! Look! Look at Tomoe-dono's composure! He has been polishing those vases since his return.

It's as if nothing is amiss! Actions worthy only of Japan's finest familiar! You can count on him! He surely has a plan! We're doomed! This shrine's done for! Will you shut up?

! I never thought I'd lose my composure to this extent.

With such little strength, I might not be able to protect her.

She might be crying right now.

I'll have to take back what I've let go.

I'll have to take back what I've let go.

And that's a promise.

Mizuki?

This is an impressive shrine.

The deity is enshrined and everything is in order.

Yet, something feels off.

Breakfast! Breakfast! That's your breakfast! Now eat it, human deity.

Screw you! Looks like being a host isn't that easy.

Yonomori-sama refuses to have anything except sake.

And as a result, Mizuki-dono's sake is first-class! Yonomori-sama also calls him the best familiar ever! Well, Tomoe cooks better than anyone, takes care of the shrine, and has manners, unlike you lot.

So he's good at cooking?

Do you know Tomoe?

I do.

I've known him a lot longer than you have.

He's a white spirit fox.

I don't need you to tell me! Tomoe-kun must have the worst luck.

He lost his master again.

I can see him now, sitting there, moping.

You're one to talk.

I saw you doing just that.

This shrine's missing something.

Mizuki, you said that no one comes to this shrine.

How long has it been that way.

Huh?

I wonder Eh?

Wait, no! Don't touch Yonomori-sama! As I thought, this shrine has no deity.

Mind telling me what's going on?

Tomoe-sama, we've located her.

The snake resides down there.

In a dam, huh?

As expected, there are no signs of humans.

A temple of water getting flooded?

How ironic.

Tomoe-dono, is Nanami-sama down there?

Though there are many white snakes, I know of only one who has absolutely no common sense, who was raised in a freaking box, and is stupid enough to try and marry a deity.

The river nearby has been there for eons.

Kids would sometimes drown in it.

The townspeople thought it had to be a curse, so they built this shrine.

That's where our story began.

A deity like Yonomori-sama, born out of necessity, cannot survive without worshipers.

When the people abandoned this shrine, Yonomori-sama had to go into hiding.

But I won't abandon it.

I'll stay here and protect this shrine with Yonomori-sama.

Because that's my duty.

He's been here the whole time in this husk of a shrine, even though its deity is gone.

I can't imagine how It must have been hard on you, Mizuki.

You see, I recently became a deity, and I also have a familiar, Tomoe.

I can't stand the thought of Tomoe being sad, the way you are now.

I wouldn't want him to be bound by what I say.

I'd rather have him be free to do whatever he wants.

I bet Yonomori-sama feels the same away.

When Mikage-sama quit on him, Tomoe handled it pretty well! Everything's going to be fine! Mizuki, you should Are you trying to comfort me?

You're so nice, Nanami-san.

You could comfort me more by staying here forever.

We can watch the plum buds together, forever.

We can stay here, forever.

Sorry.

I can't stay here.

There are people waiting for me to come back.

I have no doubt that Tomoe's looking for me, too.

Why?

Am I not good enough for you?

Let go! You said you wouldn't do anything to me! Sorry, I've changed my mind.

Wai No! Help, Tomoe! You dare lay your hands on my master?

I hope you're ready for the consequences! Tomoe! Get away from her.

Nanami! I'm so glad you're safe.

You took your time! Man, I didn't think you'd find us here.

I see you still haven't learned any manners, Tomoe.

The flames You'd be lucky to get off with just a curse for burning the shrine of a water deity.

Though, I wouldn't expect that to stop you.

Now, you don't actually plan on fighting me, do you?

You're but a fool compared to a true familiar like me.

You'd be lucky if I so much as acknowledged you.

Is there some kind of hierarchy for shrine familiars?

A water deity shrine?

This?

Both your deity and your shrine were washed away long ago! This place is nothing more than an alternate plane you created to play out your fantasy as a familiar! Thanks to you, I had one hell of a time finding it.

Now, are you ready to owe up to what you did to my master?

Extinguish! You're too late.

My fires have already spread too far.

You'd lost the moment I entered.

And when Nanami was in my arms once more, you lost a second time.

The third time will be the last.

Mizuki-dono, the field's on fire! Mizuki, I won't die.

I'm simply returning to the earth.

But I'm worried for you.

Promise this tree that even when you're alone, you won't cry.

Ah, I'm glad that you're okay.

I see.

That's why this place exists.

This entire shrine and even the plane around it were just a stage for that tree.

T-That's right.

This is the only thing I have left.

This tree is all I have left that connects me to Yonomori-sama.

It's precious to me! You understand, don't you, Tomoe-kun?

We're both familiars! Yes, I understand so well that it hurts.

Tomoe?

That's why I'm going to burn both you and that freaking log into ashes! You'll atone for your sins! No! Tomoe, don't! Stop! Yonomori-sama likes this tree.

Let's live together and watch the buds.

Forever Tomoe, it's fine now.

Mizuki, Tomoe's here now, so I have to leave.

I'm sorry I can't stay with you, but I promise that if you ever feel lonely, I'll come watch the buds with you.

I promise Tomoe, you seem upset.

I'm not.

You seem awfully close to that snake.

You even promised to see him again, right in front of me.

Do you think I'm some sort of prop?

Yeah, he's angry.

Well, I couldn't just ignore him.

If I were to die, and you were left alone like Mizuki The thought of that made me do it.

You're being ridiculous.

Hmm?

Were you hurt?

I'm fine, I just tripped.

I'm sorry.

Huh?

I left you alone She bleeds because of a little scrape.

Geez, Tomoe, don't suddenly act so nice.

She might die if she ever falls from a tree.

I might end up taking advantage of you! This fragile girl is the foundation upon which I exist.

I'm in grave danger.

Ugh, she's a handful.

Are you listening?

ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Let's go home.

ah ah ah ah I have to make sure that she doesn't break, ah ah ah ah and that I don't break her.

Please, God Kamisama Onegai da Boku no ano hito ni I I want to meet her Aitai no sa ah ah ah ah ah ah ah God, I'm in pain Kamisama Tsurainda Kyou mo matta noni Because, she didn't come today either.

Konakatta I have a request, God Onegai ga aru no Kamisama Please, save me Boku wo tasukete ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Kamisama God, it's too late for me Mou osoi Momozono Nanami Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Next Episode Preview HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 Momozono Nanami Age 17 Momozono Nanami HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Momozono Nanami Momozono Nanami HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 Momozono Nanami Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Momozono Nanami HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 Momozono Nanami Momozono Nanami HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Momozono Nanami Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Momozono Nanami Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Momozono Nanami Momozono Nanami HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 Momozono Nanami Age 17 Momozono Nanami HIGH SCHOOL Girl HIGH SCHOOL Girl The deity of thunder att*cks?

Momozono Nanami Age 17 Age 17 Momozono Nanami HIGH SCHOOL Girl Momozono Nanami HIGH SCHOOL Girl Age 17 Momozono Nanami Age 17 HIGH SCHOOL Girl Because she's HIGH SCHOOL Girl Momozono Nanami Ano ko wa Age Momozono Nanami Taking Nanami's deity seal, she att*cks Tomoe! has disappeared Touku sora ni What's happening?

Tomoe shrank! Kieta no sa Into the distant sky How adorable! Wait, this isn't the time for that! Yeah Yeah Yeah Next time, The Deity Loses Her Home The Deity Loses her Home Sayonara Baby goodbye farewell, Baby, goodbye This seems to happen a lot.