01x07 - The God Asks A Boy Out On A Date

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Kamisama Kiss". Aired: August 20, 2015 – August 19, 2016.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Nanami was just a normal high school girl down on her luck until a stranger's lips marked her as the new Land God and turned her world upside down.

01x07 - The God Asks A Boy Out On A Date

Post by bunniefuu »

A tired girl starts her day onnanoko hajimemashita tameiki wa bioron no shirabe ni nite With a sigh like the moan of a violin akai mi hajikechatta A cherry bursts in her mouth mada anata wo shiranai This was before we had met konna koto hajimetette This is the first time I've ever felt like this manazashi wa aku no hana sakimidarete mo I could see that your pretty eyes were filled with contempt ie e to tsuzuku But I had to go home Even at the bus stop, you gave me the cold shoulder basu sutoppu demo anata wa tsurenai karameta hanabi myaku utsu The fireworks in the sky pulse koi no shiruetto In a silhouette of love karui mahou With a little magic, Two sets of lying lips usotsuki na kuchibiru sou kasaneteru Lock together ano ne You see nee kamisama God I'd like to be a naughty girl warui ko ni naritai yo I'm tired of being good ii ko ni shiteru kara So, please onegai dayo zurui koto sasetoite It's for a good reason So let me be bad for once ii koto shitai nara By flipping my skirt sukaato hirogaesu shite I'll be back soon sugu kaeru yo It looks like Saturday is going to be sunny doyoubi wa haresou da kamisama hajimemashita God, it has already started Look at that guy in the back! He's so hot! Oh my god! I think we're turning into a tourist attraction.

The Deity Goes on \h a Date I've been so busy lately that finally being able to catch up is a bit of a relief.

Ujigami High School Ujigami High students are currently taking final exams.

And final exams mean World's History I hate exams almost as much as I hate shiitake mushrooms.

World's History I told you to not put any in my lunch.

Hey World's History Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Why did you put them in?

Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey I had my reasons.

Hey Hey Hey You're still an immature deity, and this only seems to prove my point.

If your brain can't keep up with the schoolwork, then you might as well stop coming.

Ig nored I'm fine with Tomoe coming to school with me to watch over me, but What were you so busy with anyway?

You weren't doing your job as a deity.

W-Well, that's kind of There isn't much I can even do as deity.

Yo, fox.

Playing "friends" with Nanami again?

How cute.

You don't seem to know when to stop when it comes to girls either.

Keep sticking to Nanami like a piece of gum on her shoe, and she'll start to to hate you.

Those words were so harsh that I get the feeling you don't like me.

I don't dislike anyone.

Didn't you say that you'd rip my heart out?

But I never said anything about Nanami.

Aren't you both demons?

At least try to get along.

What's up?

M-Momozono-san! M-Momozono-san!! M-Momozono-san!! M-Momozono-san!! M-Momozono-san!! M-Momozono-san!! I still haven't had a chance to thank Kurama-kun for saving me.

He's always surrounded by girls, so it's hard to approach him.

I finally convinced myself today to thank him.

She's way too cute! How about I get him to talk to you, then?

It's okay.

I'll make sure you get to talk to him in private.

I've always wanted to ask, but are you like a deity or something?

A deity?

Yeah, you were warding off spirits the other day, for example.

Warding off spirits?

I haven't told anyone, I swear! Confused Nanami-chan was reasonable as always.

Over what Tomoe did after falling sick a few days ago Yeah Huh?

I guess I'm more of a person who answers prayers.

Huh?

I've finally found what I can do.

Wow, it's too bad I've already decided not to accept these kinds of things.

Sorry.

No way! Did he just refuse us?

I'd be happy if you just bought my CD.

Kurama! Could I have a moment?

Bam! Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Air Thin Hey, don't you think our exam is covering too much material?

Isn't it on the same day as our English exam?

We should probably start studying soon.

Strange It feels like my very existence suddenly vanished into thin air.

Could you keep that on for a bit?

I have a huge favor to ask you.

Could you wait in front of the chem lab?

Chemistry Lab A girl will come to you.

Is this really happening?

No one can see my hotness?

Seriously?

Kurama-kun! I'm late because a teacher asked me to do something.

Huh?

Looking around Looking around Looking around Is she serious?

Looking around Looking around Looking around Hey! Here Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha Um, thank you for helping me the other day.

I haven't had the chance to thank you properly yet.

Who are you again?

Who are you again?

My heart skip a b*at when I saw the bride I'm no one Owie Yo, get a load of her panties! I-Izumi-kun?

They're strawberry panties! What are you, a kid?

Strawberry panties! panties Strawberry panties Strawberry Strawberry panties panties Strawberry Strawberry panties panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Strawberry panties Stop it! Strawberry Strawberry Stop it! panties Stop it! panties Strawberry Stop it! Stop it! panties Strawberry Stop it! Strawberry panties Stop it! panties Strawberry panties Strawberry Stop it! panties Strawberry Stop it! Stop it! panties Strawberry panties Strawberry Stop it! panties Stop it! Strawberry panties Stop it! Strawberry panties Strawberry Stop it! Stop it! Strawberry panties panties Strawberry Stop it! Stop it! panties Strawberry Stop it! panties Strawberry panties Strawberry Stop it! Stop it! panties Strawberry Stop it! panties Strawberry Strawberry Stop it! panties Stop it! Strawberry panties panties Strawberry Stop it! panties Stop it! Strawberry panties Stop it! Strawberry panties Stop it! Strawberry Strawberry Stop it! panties Strawberry Stop it! panties panties Stop it! Strawberry Strawberry panties Stop it! panties Stop it! Strawberry panties Stop it! Strawberry panties Stop it! Strawberry panties Stop it! Strawberry Strawberry Stop it! panties Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Shut up.

You're making quite the scene over one little peek up-skirt.

Brats.

Kurama-kun?

You were behind us?

Sorry! Nekota-san?

Yes?

What's your first name?

It's Ami.

Clairvoyance Thank goodness.

Clairvoyance Seems like Nekota-san was able to thank him.

See?

I'm not too shabby when I try.

Does this count as tying their fates together?

Idiot.

Thinking that's all it takes is another one of your faults.

Do you think everything will work out with a girl as weak as her?

Kurama is a demon.

If she were to learn that she had her fate tied with a demon, she wouldn't be thanking you anymore.

I don't think so.

Tomoe's always so pessimistic.

Maybe a human rejected him once! Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Slump Just study.

Tomoe's not too optimistic, but I did the right thing, didn't I?

It was for the best probably.

What.

N-Nothing.

I was just thinking about how it'd be great if humans and demons could get along.

Is there any reason to?

Come on, there has to be at least one human who you'd like to be friends with.

You should give it a try! As long as I can protect you, I'll be content.

D-Don't act so casual about it.

Momozono-senpai?

I have a quick favor to ask.

From me?

I'm Sakurada Yumi, a freshman.

I'm in love with Tomoe-senpai! Yet I haven't had a single chance to talk to him! I might never get a chance! What's more is that you're always with him, Momozono-senpai! To be frank, I wanted to know if you two were going out.

So what is it?

Eh?

I-It's not like we're going out.

Really?

Are you telling the truth?

! Y-Yeah.

Thank God! Could you please do me a favor, then?

You know how you always walk home with him?

Could you let me go with him today?

Sure.

Thank you so much! It's nothing.

I don't need to use any special powers.

I'll just tell him that I'm going on ahead and leave without him.

-Nanami I'll be waiting at home.

Thanks for taking out the trash.

I'll be waiting at home.

-Nanami Thanks for taking out the trash.

I'll be waiting at home.

Um, Tomoe-senpai! Hm?

Are you heading home alone today?

If you'd like No, I'm not alone.

The Dutch declare their independence, 1581.

Korean independence, 1598.

I wonder if Tomoe went home with her.

You should give it a try! I shouldn't have said that.

Could you let me go with him today?

I'm an idiot.

I'm the one who did this, but I still regret it.

I'm the worst.

If I'd known that I'd feel this bad, I wouldn't have agreed.

I'm in love with Tomoe-senpai! I I?

I What's the meaning of this?

Were you trying to hook me up with that human?

D-D-Did you I heard.

Did you think you were being considerate by getting us together?

How naive.

Don't ever do something like that again.

You're my highest priority.

Remember that.

Those words finally made me realize something with my easily-shaken heart I realized that I'd fallen in love with him.

We'll be back soon! We're back! Why did you call me out here, Crow Goblin?

Oh, your little conversation just so happened to drift into my ears.

I figured I'd give a certain fox a little advice.

Conversation?

"You're my highest priority!" "Remember that!" Or whatever you said.

I never said that.

For crying out loud, you're an absent-minded fox.

Nanami's going through something called puberty.

It's a time when most humans go through a bit of emotional upheaval.

You have no intention of being with a human, correct?

You should be more mindful of how you act around her.

The fact that she's your master can only complicate matters more.

Are you saying that my actions are confusing her?

Being a familiar must be hell.

Not to mention the fact that it's to a human, a human girl! I told you that you should've taken me as your master.

Nonsense.

Don't lump my master with ordinary girls who'd let things like "love" get the better of them, Crow Goblin.

My, my.

It's time.

Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Huh?

It's not opening.

Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Reference Room Huh?

Let me try Sorry.

If I ever become a deity, I'll order you to die.

Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Good to see you have big dreams.

Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Walk Brisk Exams are finally over.

That was brutal.

Huh?

Where's Tomoe-kun?

He went somewhere with Kurama.

I see.

Hey, want to get something to eat to celebrate the end of exams?

There's this really great donut shop! No thanks.

I've got a date.

What?

! Ke-chan, you're unbelievable! At least I can get guys.

A boyfriend, huh?

Sounds nice.

Momozono-san, you're not going out with Tomoe-kun?

But you two are inseparable Well, we are spend a lot of time together, but that's about it.

I guess we're kind of close He said I was important to him, but he never said anything about love.

We live together, but it's not like we've gone anywhere together.

Lover's talk?

Bragging?

N-No! I'm not! Tap Tap If you're having trouble figuring out your relationship, try doing something new.

Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Something new?

You've never gone on a date, right?

How about that?

Try going somewhere you haven't been to before and dress up really cute.

D-Dress up cute?

Yes Send No Yes No Sending If guys think you're cute, they'll naturally come to you.

Surprised! W-Wait! Could it be Tap Momozono-san, are you in love with Tomoe-kun?

! Tap Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ami, I think you're a few pages behind.

Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Tap Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh Ohh Tap Ohh Tap Ohh Ohh What?

Something new?

Nanami, let's go home.

Mm-hm.

Tomoe always wants to rush home.

He always says that he has work to do around the shrine.

But Hey, Tomoe.

Hm.

It's only a bit past noon.

Want to head somewhere first?

I'm going to try something new! The aquarium! I don't think I've been to one since that elementary school field trip! The "Friends with Plan! Dolphins" This aquarium has a dolphin splash show! Let's go! Hey.

What's with you all of a sudden?

We're done with exams so I'm just having some fun! We came all the way here, so let's make the best of it! Right.

Wow! This is amazing! Marine animals can be pretty big! Don't you agree, Tomoe?

Wait! Where are you going?

! Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Exit's this way.

At least look at the fish! The fish! Crap, he's not enjoying this at all.

Now it looks like I'm just dragging him along.

I have to do something! I wonder what that line is! Tomoe, let's go! Apparently they're doing a seal show! A lot of your friends came to watch! The crowd's blocking my view! That was marevelous.

Did you get a look?

Y-Yeah A round of applause for him! All right.

Let's go, then.

You're slow.

If guys think you're cute, they'll naturally come to you.

Really?

Really?

! Hurray! We got to see all the fishies, and Nanami is thrilled to have come here.

Oh what a wonderful afternoon! Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Time to go home! Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab W-Wait! We came all the way out here.

We might as well get a look at the nighttime scenery.

Just a bit longer A bit longer Tomoe, hurry up! Wow! This is a great view! I wish I'd brought my camera! I wonder if we can see our home.

Hey, Tomoe Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare What?

There's something up with you.

You're unusually peppy today.

I highly doubt you were just dying to see the fish or the nighttime scenery.

T-That's because I want to ask one thing.

You're not falling in love with me, are you?

The Crow Goblin told me that girls in puberty fall for men easily.

If I don't watch what I do, then you might fall for me.

Then again, it was just that Crow Goblin running his mouth.

Just forget it What if you were right?

What if I say What if I said that I love you?

Y-You're just uncertain.

Y-You're wrong! I I really Lo I won't I won't fall in love with a human girl.

I'm going to fall! Let the breeze cool you down.

I'll wait until you come to your senses.

Admit that you spoke on impulse, and I'll let you down.

I won't! Huh?

I love you! You said I was important to you! I did, but Don't you love me back?

You never thought I was cute?

Nanami! I got rejected I got ahead of myself.

I'm an idiot.

I can't look Tomoe in the face anymore.

I just can't! Nanami! This way! Give me your hand! Tomoe?

No! Don't save me! Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh Woosh What are you saying! Don't touch me! Using your words to force me Fool! Do you want to die?

! You don't even like me! Don't touch me! Nanami Nanami! I'm begging you! I promise to never touch you again, but let me save you just this once! You're so strong, warm, and kind, yet How can I just give up?

This isn't fair! ah ah ah ah Nanami?

ah ah ah ah I can't stop myself.

I'm falling in love with you even more.

Kamisama Please, God Onegai da I Boku no ano hito ni I want to meet her Aitai no sa ah ah ah ah ah ah ah God, I'm in pain Kamisama Tsurainda Because, she Kyou mo matta noni didn't come today either.

Konakatta Onegai ga aru no I have a request, God Kamisama Boku wo tasukete Please, save me ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah God, it's too late for me Kamisama Mou osoi Because she's Ano ko wa Next Episode Preview Oh Nanami.

Such a courageous confession followed by immediate heartbreak! has disappeared Touku sora ni The g*ng decides to take a trip to the beach only to be approached by Kieta no sa Into the distant sky a black shadow from the sea claiming to have some business with Tomoe.

Yeah Yeah Yeah Just who is this guy?

farewell, Baby, Sayonara Baby The Deity Goes to the Beach Next time: "The Deity Goes to the Beach!" Summer's here! Bikinis! Swimsuits! Goodbye It's paradise!