01x11 - The Familiar Goes Into Town

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Kamisama Kiss". Aired: August 20, 2015 – August 19, 2016.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Nanami was just a normal high school girl down on her luck until a stranger's lips marked her as the new Land God and turned her world upside down.

01x11 - The Familiar Goes Into Town

Post by bunniefuu »

A tired girl starts her day onnanoko hajimemashita tameiki wa bioron no shirabe ni nite With a sigh like the moan of a violin akai mi hajikechatta A cherry bursts in her mouth mada anata wo shiranai This was before we had met This is the first time I've ever felt like this konna koto hajimetette I could see that your pretty eyes were filled with contempt manazashi wa aku no hana sakimidarete mo But I had to go home ie e to tsuzuku Even at the bus stop, you gave me the cold shoulder basu sutoppu demo anata wa tsurenai karameta hanabi myaku utsu The fireworks in the sky pulse koi no shiruetto In a silhouette of love karui mahou With a little magic, Two sets of lying lips usotsuki na kuchibiru sou kasaneteru Lock together ano ne You see God nee kamisama warui ko ni naritai yo I'd like to be a naughty girl I'm tired of being good ii ko ni shiteru kara So, please onegai dayo zurui koto sasetoite It's for a good reason ii koto shitai nara So let me be bad for once By flipping my skirt sukaato hirogaesu shite sugu kaeru yo I'll be back soon It looks like Saturday is going to be sunny doyoubi wa haresou da kamisama hajimemashita God, it has already started I'm bored.

I finally got in as a familiar here, and my deity isn't even old enough to drink.

Tomoe-kun is at school too.

They wouldn't let me tag along.

Why am I the only one who gets treated like this?

Wow, your homemade sake is amazing! It's pure and crystal clear! You'd be a match for any familiar in the world.

I actually take pride in my sake, but at the same time, if Nanami-chan won't drink it, it doesn't feel like it's worth it.

Tomoe-kun's out there guarding Nanami-chan at school, and I'm stuck back here! This isn't fair! I want to help Nanami-chan too! I think Nanami-sama would like you to become more acclimated to human culture before you start roaming about.

Am I not already?

Then how do I show her?

Let's see, one way would be to turn into something like this.

Hey it's that damn demon! Why do humans love him so much?

! Because he's been around humans for seventeen years.

In fact, Nanami-sama, like the rest of her peers Nanami-chan likes him too?

! By all accounts that demon shouldn't have any particularly special abilities.

What the heck is his trick?

Interesting.

I was bored anyway.

Let's see how well I stack up against him.

I'll make Nanami-chan acknowledge me.

The Familiar Goes to Town Oh, the big city.

The concrete jungle! The Tokyo desert! Look at this swarm of people! This is Tokyo?

The air didn't look as noxious last time I was here.

But that was back in the Edo period, I think.

You could say times have changed.

Whatever, I'm here to find out where that demon lives.

Are you okay, Mizuki-dono?

I'm fine! It's not like I'm breaking into a demon's stronghold or anything.

You there! You look lost! Don't you see, Mizuki-kun?

Fate brought us together today! Fate wanted us to be happy and tied us together! Don't you want to be happy?

This is the path to happiness! Buy this sticker for 50,000 yen! Normally, it would be 500,000 but this is a limited-time offer! Slap this sticker on yourself, and you'll feel the blessings flow into you! However, if you decline, you'll fall into the deepest pits of Hell! Would you be okay with that?

Is that what you really want, Mizuki-kun?

Is that how you're going to let things end, Mizuki-kun?

Is it?

God, help me.

It's a demon's stronghold.

Holy crap that was scary Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Ended up buying it Even Isohime wouldn't have done something that terrible.

You just used up all of the shrine's donations.

Isn't it called "Tora no Monten"?

Where does that demon live again?

Look Look Look Look Look Look Look It'd probably be quicker to just ask! Excuse me! Do you know where the Tora no Monten is?

'The f*ck you sayin' kid?

! Want me to b*at yo' ass?

! Why?

I'm just asking for directions.

Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream There's a huge snake on that boy's shoulder! Oh no! Mizuki-dono! Kotetsu, run! Hold it! What the hell is wrong with this place?

! Why do they have to make everything difficult?

I thought I was used to human society! Isn't that Nanami's Quit messing around.

This sticker won't pay the fare.

But I paid What, do you not have money?

You're just hitching a ride! I'm calling the cops! What do I do?

C o p s ?

What's a lone snake doing out here?

C o p s ?

Crow Goblin! Thank goodness I found you! Could you please pay the fare?

5,840 yen! Fare?

Well haven't you come a long way.

Are you running an errand for Nanami?

No, I came to find you! Kurama-kun, there you are! I told you that we were sh**ting for a drama at six! Where did you go?

I'm the one who's left to answer to the others if you run off on your own! Huh?

Are you Kurama's classmate?

No Yep! And I'm here to visit him! Perfect! Want to come on set, then?

There's a bunch of delicious food! Wait The set?

I might go! The set isn't coming to you! C'mon! Hold on, damn it! "The Flower and The Cat" Launch! Celebrate! Crank It Up! Disappointed Disappointed Disappointed Disappointed This doesn't taste good.

They didn't make it to suit your taste, you know.

And what's Mr.

Prettyboy doing here?

I might ask you the same.

Why do you live here anyway?

I've been walking around town all day, and everywhere I go the air is tainted with noxious gas.

It hurts just to breathe in this city.

I can almost feel the poison making its way into me.

How can you all eat in this atmosphere?

So, did you run away from home?

Look who's calling the kettle black.

I wouldn't run from my own shrine.

And this city's the reason people have their conscience poisoned.

Then, why don't you head on back to your shrine?

The city's too big for you, kid.

Kurama-kun, found you! Go say hi to Tayama-san! Was he making fun of me?

Mizuki-dono, let's go home already.

'Ey there, boy.

What'chu got in that cup?

Juice?

It's just some tea.

Who are you?

This is my seventh cup, heh.

Though I guess I can't blame you if you're not allowed to drink, kid.

Oh, I can drink.

I even made this sake.

Oh, you're old enough to drink?

Wanna take a sh*t at this baby here?

It's the cocktail of manly men.

Make sure you down it in one go! My daughter's a huge fan.

She'll be jealous once she hears that I met you in person! Won't you let me look at your face a bit longer?

It is I who has the honor of gazing upon your face.

Well aren't you a smooth talker.

S-Sensei, here are your drinks! What's that supposed to be?

Can't you see that I'm eating dessert?

I wouldn't get the contrast in flavor if I allowed myself to drink wine as sickeningly sweet as that! Go fetch me a proper drink! I-I'm terribly sorry! I'll return immediately with your drink! Hurry up, will you?

For crying out loud.

Who's the girl?

She's a new attendant who moved here from the country.

She doesn't have any experience, so she's pretty useless right now.

I can't contain my laughter when I hear that she wants to become an actress.

I feel sick That drink was horrible.

I want to go home! That demon was right.

I don't fit in here.

I want to go home.

Are you okay?

Nanami-chan?

She's come to save me! Nanami-chan! Wake up! Get a hold of yourself! Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Grab Snap Oh, you're not Nanami-chan.

Wait, where am I?

Oh, thank goodness you've come to! We're just outside the building where the party's being held.

I went to grab a drink and found you cringing on the floor.

The alcohol must have hit you hard.

Would you like some cold water?

Were you with me the whole time?

Thank you.

Ah, I'm so embarrassed! I'm sorry I'm so inexperienced! It's just that I only moved here from the countryside recently.

Huh?

I came here to become an actress.

It's the first time I've been to a party like this, though.

Everyone here is famous in one way or another.

Not to mention, I was able to meet Kurama in person! He was so handsome that he didn't even seem real! Well, he's not a human after all.

I've been so nervous and on edge that I wasn't able to hold a proper conversation.

I'm glad I have the chance to talk to you.

I should be the one thanking you.

Do you have trouble fitting in here too?

You shouldn't have to force yourself.

Maybe I don't fit in.

Maybe I do.

But that's not the most important thing to me.

When all is said and done, I still love it here.

I don't want to give up just yet I think.

Really?

Oh sh**t, I have to go back! I was supposed to get her a drink! Why didn't I realize it earlier?

Well, I have to I have to get going too.

Thanks for helping me out.

Take this sake.

Drink it yourself, and it will purify you.

Offer it to someone else, and it will bring great fortune.

It is the drink of the deities.

Thanks again for the cold water.

I don't think I can ever fit into this place.

But there are others who do reside here and manage to prosper.

This is where their life is.

These people are strong, probably more so than I think.

This is a nostalgic scent.

God, hear my prayers.

How was your first experience out here, Mizuki-dono?

I'm more worried about Tomoe-kun finding out that I spent the donations.

We'll be back soon! We're back! Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Nanami-chan is looking rather chipper.

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Excited Busy Nanami-sama, why are you so energetic so early?

Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Busy Didn't I tell you two?

Tomoe's taking me to the ferris wheel today! It seems Nanami-chan is in high spirits.

Tomoe, we should get going if we want to catch the bus! Why are you still asleep?

! You can go by yourself if you want to go that badly.

You said you'd come with me! Flashback Hey, let's go on the ferris wheel sometime! Hey Umm He never said that.

He never said it.

Tomoe, you idiot! I'll make you regret this! I'll find your stash of p*rn! I'm not going I'm not going I'm not going I'm not going I'm not going I'm not going I'm not going I'm not going I'm not going A hairpin?

This is really pretty.

Whose is it?

Why do you have a woman's hair It doesn't matter whose it is.

Peek Suspicious Surprised Whose is it?

Dubious Suspicious Why don't I take you to the amusement park after all?

And so the second half of the episode begins with them at the amusement park, the hottest place for couples in the area.

Yes! Finally, I get to go to the amusement park! Is that what you meant by "ferris wheel"?

All it does is rotate.

What's so fun about that?

About that hairpin Man, that thing looks amazing! Let's hurry up so we can ride it! Why does he keep dodging the question?

He did have it in a box, though.

Maybe it's I won't worry about it.

I won't worry about it.

I'm here to enjoy myself! Today's plans include playing around for a bit, watching the sun set, and eating dinner! And then at the end, we'll enjoy the night view from the ferris wheel! Why?

We might as well ride it first and get it over with.

It's more romantic to go on it at night! Um, excuse me.

Could I get a picture of you?

Also, may I post it on my blog?

He's so handsome! Before I answer Huh?

Your hat's crooked.

I mean, this is supposed to be O-Oh dear, how did I not notice?

! Just be more mindful from now on.

What the hell are you doing?

! Why did you get so upset over me touching that girl?

! I've told you once before.

I know nothing about women, including you.

Whatever, I don't care.

It's not my problem.

You used to be fine with women in the past.

Crap I didn't mean to bring that up.

Nanami Yes! I can hear the screams of people nearby.

Screams?

What the heck is that?

It's like a scream ride thingy for people with iron wills.

Can't handle them them Can't handle them Can't handle them Can't handle Can't handle them them Can't handle them Can't handle them Can't handle them Can't handle Can't handle them Oh my, that merry-go-round looks fun! I'm interested now.

Wanna ride it with me, Nanami?

Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Scream Open your eyes! This is incredible! I've never seen Tomoe have so much fun.

This is G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y a h ! G y This is pretty fun! It's almost like a real date.

Nanami.

Your hair's messed up.

Does it stand out?

! The wind from the ride must have done it.

Do you mind if I fix it?

I'll be done in a jiffy.

Whoa! That didn't take long! How?

You don't even have a pin! I stuck the comb in.

The comb?

Yes, it looks perfect on you.

This kind of makes me happy.

One nugget, please.

Oh, you were with that boy in the kimono earlier, right?

There were some girls who couldn't stop talking about some handsome boy wearing traditional clothes.

Here, take another toothpick for your boyfriend.

Oh, we're not actually going out.

Oh?

You're not?

That's a pity.

But I do hope that's how we end up! It would truly be a blessing if we could be that close someday.

She tripped next to me so I was just helping her up.

You were feeling up her hair Some trash got in her hair when she tripped.

And why do you care so much if I touch a girl?

I don't know anything about you girls Liar.

I shouldn't be saying this You used to be in love with a human.

What are you talking about?

You used to love a girl named Yukiji.

But I can't stop.

Isn't that hairpin really hers?

What do you mean?

I don't know anyone named Yukiji.

I don't know who told you that, but they were wrong.

Hey, what do you want to ride next?

You don't have to say anything if you don't want to! But don't lie! Tomoe, you jerk! You lie too easily! If I didn't know about it, he would have kept going! Why should I care, though?

It happened long before I was born! But still, he tries to hide it so hard! Is it because he doesn't want his past to be meaningless?

But what if I change myself so he can't use "no humans" as his excuse?

How would he turn me away then?

I bet he got angry and went home first.

I can't blame him, though.

Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere Couples everywhere I should head home too.

Maybe I can see him from above.

The city lights are so beautiful.

The night sky is beautiful too.

I can see everything from up here.

I'm such an idiot.

We came out here to ride this and here I am pouting, alone.

Isn't that the roller coaster we went on earlier?

I wanted to ride this with him! Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang The bun he tied for me came undone! Yes, it looks perfect on you.

Bam Bam Bam Shock Shock Bam Shock Bam Shock Bam Bam Shock Bam Shock Shock Bam Bam Shock Shock Bam Bam Shock Shock Bam Bam Shock Shock Bam Bam Shock Bam Shock Shock Bam Bam Shock Shock Bam Shock Bam Bam Shock Shock Bam Shock Bam Bam Shock Bam Shock Shock Bam Bam Shock Bam Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock I've been looking for you, Nanami.

Tomoe?

! T-Tomoe?

Is this what you wanted to ride?

Yes.

Well that's good.

You got to ride it.

Yeah.

Now, smile.

Smile like you did this afternoon.

Um, this pin I bought it over there.

Over there?

Over there.

But I ended up never using it so I held onto it.

You never put your hair in a bun.

ah ah ah ah I longed for that reflection I saw in the glass.

ah ah ah ah I was almost jealous of the ferris wheel.

ah ah ah ah Thank you, Tomoe.

ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah If Tomoe, like me, has decided to live in the here and now, then I've found true happiness.

ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Please, God Kamisama Onegai da I Boku no ano hito ni I want to meet her Aitai no sa ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Kamisama God, I'm in pain Tsurainda Kyou mo matta noni Because, she didn't come today either.

Konakatta I have a request, God Onegai ga aru no Kamisama Boku wo tasukete Please, save me ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah God, it's too late for me Kamisama Mou osoi Ano ko wa Because she's Next Episode Preview And once again no one has come to the shrine.

Touku sora ni disappeared The locals seem to think that this is a ghost shrine now! Kieta no sa Into the distant sky best! our We'll \h\hdo Oh dear, that isn't the case, hun'.

Blow Yeah Yeah Yeah The obvious solution is to host a festival! Let the festivities begin! Sayonara Baby farewell, Baby Next time, "Nanami-sama Quits Being a Deity"! Nanami-sama Quits Being a Deity Goodbye W-Wait, what?