01x06 - Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Fruits Basket". Aired: 5 July 2001 – 27 December 2001.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Tohru Honda is 16 year old orphaned girl who gets invited to live in the house of her classmate, the handsome boy Sohma Yuki, and his cousins, 16 year old Kyo and 27 year old Shigure.

01x06 - Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over

Post by bunniefuu »

I was so very happy when you smiled at me, A smile that melted everything away.

Spring is still far away, and within the cold ground, I awaited the time when sprouts would put forth their buds.

Even supposing today there may have been some pain, And though the scars of yesterday remain, You can go on living as much as your heart wants to believe.

You cannot be born again, although You can go on changing yourself, and so Let's stay together, always.

I'd like to properly tell just two of my friends that I have come to live here with you, if I could.

So long as you keep quiet about the zodiac and such for me, I don't particularly mind.

Thank you very much! It's true! As it happens, everyone in the Sohma family is possessed of a spirit from the zodiac, and their constitution is such that, for some reason, when they are hugged by the opposite sex, they transform! And this is a secret that absolutely must not be told to anyone.

What!?

Not only were you living in a tent, but now you've been taken in to the prince's home!?

Seriously!?

Yes.

I apologize for not saying anything about it before.

There was a lot that happened, but everything is fine now.

They are all nice people, Please, don't worry.

This is indeed from out of the blue.

I wonder what kind of uproar this will cause when the Sohma Yuki fans learn of this.

I thought it was strange how lately you've been talking with the prince and tangerine-head there Now I understand.

I wonder if we might have them allow us over.

I'd like to see with my own eyes whether the environment is appropriate for having you stay with them.

That'd be great, Hanajima! Let's go right away! Hold on.

If we suddenly show up, they might not serve tea and snacks.

You're right.

We could be inconveniencing them.

'kay then, we'll be counting on you to put us up tomorrow night.

Y- yeah.

Okay! High-school girls High-school girls High-school girls, 1-2-3 of them! I wonder what kind of girls Tohru-kun's friends are.

A Yankee and a Vibe.

They're here! --Come on in! Did you find the house okay?

--No, we did get lost.

--Tohru-kun, you really aren't good at drawing maps.

--Is this really all right?

--I'm sorry! --As long as you don't do anything stupid.

That goes double for you, you damn rat.

Yes if those two were to learn that we are possessed by the spirits of the zodiac, what would happen?

At the very least, I suppose that Tohru-kun would no longer be allowed to stay in this house.

Well, even so, something will surely turn out.

"Que sera sera" and all.

Again with your baseless statements! There's a dog over there.

Y- you're right! Uotani Arisa-san and Hanajima Saki-san.

--'sup?

--My pleasure.

Yes, welcome! Please, make yourselves comfortable.

Say, you're Shigure-san, right?

What do you do for work?

Oh, me?

I'm a writer.

A novelist.

A novelist-san!?

Why are you so surprised?

She hadn't heard.

Right.

I didn't know at all.

What was it?

"Fine literature", was it?

Mm-hm, that's right.

This sort of story.

"Sigh of a Summer Affair" Oh, sorry, my mistake.

This is the real one.

I published this just for fun.

"The Pulsing Heart" Oh, sorry, my mistake.

This is the real one.

I published this just for fun.

Doesn't change the fact that you wrote it, does it?

What are you, a sicko?

What are we up to?

Amazing, Shigure-san! To think that someone as grand as a novelist-san was so near! Honda-san, if you speak too highly of him, he'll get all full of himself.

Shigure is always full of himself, isn't he?

I'm so happy! I just made another new discovery! Never mind me, let me hear about yourselves.

What led you all to be such good friends, and so on?

What led us?

We sure would like to hear.

Right, Yuki-kun, Kyo-kun?

They saved me.

"I thought I told you not to step on those, you dirty pug!" When we were in middle school.

I had dropped a large number of notes You don't say I did have plenty of energy back then.

Back then?

That's because you were still in the ranks, Uo-chan.

Must've been.

My g*ng debut was in the 5th grade, and all.

You were always wearing masks and such.

With my eyebrows thinned out, and wearing long skirts.

Oh, dear.

That's true even now, Arisa.

I guess you're right.

Wow, that's great.

How shall I say this--to put it in words, it all takes on a hazy kind of grandeur.

What does?

How nice and bubbly they are! You sick bastard! These two are going to split up.

She's reading it and everything.

Is it interesting?

Well, is it?

Oh, I'm so happy! That aside Y- yes?

When is volume 2 coming out?

Look, enough with the books.

How terrific! To think that I would be able to see everyone enjoying themselves like this! I know! I just thought of something fun we could do! Please wait here, okay?

So then Saki-chan, what brought you and Tohru-kun together?

Oh, are you sure you want to hear?

That is, whatever brought you together is fine, huh?

As long as you're friends now.

When we were in middle school, I transferred into Tohru-kun's class, see?

Oh?

You transferred?

Yes.

At my previous middle school, I had caused a slight problem Well then, I have some work to do, so I will excuse myself.

You young folks go ahead and enjoy yourselves.

--He ran off! --He ran the hell away! You know something, Tohru-kun seems to be fitting right in at this house.

I'm happy for her and I understand why she was careful not to say anything to us.

However We took an oath before Kyoko-san's grave that when the time came, we would be there to help each other.

It may sound like we overdid it, but for us, Tohru was our first pal, and everything Tohru Tohru and Kyoko-san, you see, gave me incredible strength.

The power to try climbing my way up out of the places where I had fallen.

The power to believe I could change myself on my own.

When I met those two, for the first time, I thought for myself that I wanted to change-- that I wanted to be someone who could proudly say "I am Tohru's pal.

" And so, this time around, the fact that I couldn't do anything for Tohru it bothers me.

After all, with only Tohru having to go through this trouble Is it that she can't rely on us?

Is it that she doesn't value us as friends?

She's not the kind of girl to worry over something like that.

Honda-san is someone who clearly understands other people's feelings.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Let's get started right away.

Rich Man, Poor Man! Ah, that's a great idea, Tohru-kun.

Oh, can we keep going from where we left off?

Sounds good.

I'll make a fool out of orange-head here again! Keep talking, you! When I win, you'll have to dye your hair black! Well, when you lose, you'll have to take all the color out and dye your hair white! This is my real color! Oh, is that right?

That's right! Sohma-kun, would you shuffle these please?

Okay.

Sure.

Why, you little brat! That was a dirty trick! There was nothing wrong with that! You're the one playing dirty, bitch! Next time you pull that trick, I'm gonna light you up! Fine! I'll turn it right back at you! You got that!?

Come on, where are you going?

Are you trying to run away?

Who's running away, you idiot?

I'm going to the toilet! --What for, need to take a leak?

--Are you nuts, you dimwit?

Hurry and go, then! You never know, you might wet yourself! Don't you have any shame?

Is something the matter, Uotani-san?

N- no Well, that's good.

It's just that, Uotani-san, you raised your voice there I know! Until Kyo-kun gets back from the restroom, let's play Sevens! Y- yeah, okay! Uo-chan, watch out! Honda-san, look out! Tohru! Are you okay?

Are you unhurt?

Yes, I'm all right.

Ah, it's nothing! I didn't fall, I was just cleaning up! Stupid cat! Damn rat! That orange-head sure is slow.

Indeed.

The prince disappeared at some point too.

You're right.

I wonder where our Sohma Yuki disappeared to.

For the love of we can't even start this game of Sevens, you know?

A cat --paw --Sevens, right?

Maybe I'll play too! Let me in, let me in! So, master novelist, are you any good?

In the old days, they used to call me "Parliament 'Gure-san".

Really?

That's incredible! You might say.

He's probably lying.

Well, never mind that, let's hurry and start playing Sevens! Was there a sound just now like a "boom?

' There sure was a "Boom".

This is terrible! Kyo-kun has returned to his original form! Unless something happens, he'll be seen by those two! And what's worse, he'll be buck naked! I know! For now, I'll just throw him Sohma-kun's clothes here! At any rate, If we don't cover this up now! Kyo-kun! Catch this, Kyo! This is awfully heavy Oh! It's been so long! Have you been well, uh --Pochi-san?

--Pochi (Spot)!?

My, we've run out of snacks.

Where is your kitchen?

Oh, no! Here Kyo-kun has just returned to his original form, and like a moron, he transformed again! I know! I'll bark our way out of this! N- now Yuki-kun!?

Just now just for a moment, I could have sworn that orange-head was here Honda-san, Pochi must be telling you he's hungry, isn't he?

T- that's it all right! Come on, let's go into the kitchen, Pochi-san! Tohru-kun Y- yes?

Some snacks too, if you would.

R- right! I'm so sorry.

I did not intend for this to be such an inconvenience to everyone.

Hey, nuffin' to abologishe for.

Even so Tohru-kun, if those people are dear to you, then they are people dear to us too, you see?

Yes.

Thank you so much.

It must be a lot for Sohma-kun to handle all by himself in there.

She's taking too long.

This game of Sevens isn't going forward at all, huh?

Y- yeah.

Okay, I'll go look in on her.

Sorry to keep you wait--! Honda-san! S- Sohma-kun! H- help! But you're mixed in with the Daifuku buns, and I can't tell where you are! Right here, Honda-san! Where?

Here! Sohma-kun! It's Sohma-kun! Honda-san, that's a Daifuku bun! Oh! Tohru, nice catch! Although, most of them still fell.

Honda-san, that's a Daifuku bun! And yet to think that you squeezed it so hard that that much bean paste came out! I thought if we came here, there'd be some sort of clothing It's empty, huh?

Yeah.

Tohru-kun does the wash thoroughly.

Geez, what a pain! Once we're found out, all we need to do is erase the memories of those two, and we'll be fine, right?

That's true, but would that be all right with you?

Would what be?

It would mean Tohru-kun's memory would be erased as well.

I can manage something in the way of clothes! Arisa You're going to step Step?

On what?

An orange cat, with clothes tied around his neck being carried in the mouth of a dog who went that way.

A-one-two, one-two You know, there's nothing like a rubdown with a dry towel for one's health! A-one-two, one-two, one, two, one-two Idiot.

This is a fine bed.

Shigure-san bought it for me.

Yeah?

What is he, a grandfather celebrating his first grandchild?

That's precisely how it appears.

As long as you're here, have them make this room more like a girl's.

Like over here, have a dressing table or something.

I couldn't! If I had it any better than this, then I'd catch it! Really I've just barely realized how lucky a person I am.

Tohru-kun, if those people are dear to you, then they are people dear to us too, you see?

I am able to live together with the Sohmas, and I have you, Uo-chan and Hana-chan, as two wonderful friends, after all.

Having you always so kindly at my side And how much support that gives to me If I'm not properly grateful for it all, I will catch it.

I love you.

She's not the kind of girl that worries about something like that.

Honda-san is someone who clearly understands other people's feelings.

They do understand her, completely.

That they do.

Tohru-kun is that kind of girl.

Invincible love.

That's right.

Yes H- hey, Yuki, are you?

Sohma-kun, you're having a hard time with the morning, as usual.

Fine, just hurry up and open your eyes! Even so, Kyo-kun, you're quite admirable! Even though you may want to defeat Sohma-kun, you don't do anything like sneak up on him while he's sleeping! That's not it.

He's stronger when he's half-asleep.

Ah, then you have att*cked him, then?

Yeah, I have! That just means that he's always holding back on me! He's just a nasty little rat, insensitive and cold-blooded, lightly hopping on top of any effort someone else makes-- What is it with you!?

You aren't half-asleep, are you!?

Your stupid voice woke me up.

Okay, that's damn fine with me! I'm going to win against you in hand-to-hand combat! That is my goal for now! What farce are you talking about so early in the morning?

A cat and mouse That's what they're like.

See, they are always fighting.

There was an anime about that, wasn't there?

Yeah.

Something or other and Jerry.

That's right! These guys are here! You guys sure don't get along well, huh?

I suppose not.

But still, it seems to be a pleasant enough house.

If this were a poor environment for Tohru-kun to be living in, I was thinking there might be a variety of things I would have to do to it.

Yes.

A variety of things What do you mean, a variety of things?

You two both have considerably fine vibes.

Oh, you're unaware?

That too is fine.

Well, we're counting on you to be nice to her.

Tohru-kun, that is.

Uo-chan, Hana-chan We'll be coming again soon.

Indeed.

I'd like to pursue the matter of the unusual vibes about the Sohma family itself.

Okay, breakfast, breakfast! Yes, breakfast.

Hey, hey, hey! You've gotta be kidding! Having that many girls--! A- about that, I'll be more careful from now on.

But Uo-chan and Hana-chan are both really, really good people! So, please! Fine, whatever you want.

They are Honda-san's friends, after all, huh?

Yes! Now let us circle together, around a pleasant dinner.

Come, take today's tears, and make them tomorrow's strength.

La, la, la Wonderful love and life La, la, la Adorable love and life La, la, la Wonderful love and life On the next Fruits Basket Episode 7 How about a "Battle Onigiri?

" What if we did something like a "hit-and-miss?

" The culture festival is about to begin.

You're looking well, Yuki and Kyo both.

Strange Relax.

You're plenty strange yourself, after all.

If someone is jealous of somebody else, it's probably because they can see the Umeboshi plum in the middle of their back.

There's one stuck to your back too-an Umeboshi.