07x08 - The Separation of Crows

Complete collection of episode transcripts for seasons 1 to 7. Aired: September 2008 to December 2014.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A man in his early 30s struggles to find a balance in his life between being a new dad and his involvement in a motorcycle club.

07x08 - The Separation of Crows

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on "Sons of Anarchy"...

Chibs: You guys all alone?

Gib: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's just us tonight.

Tom: Found the house.

Jax: Was the crew there?

Tom: One of 'em. Shotgun hole in the chest.

Bobby: Jury?

Jury: What's up, Bobby?

Bobby: Gonna need some intel about those guys who helped us with the Chinese?

Jury: I knew the one guy a little bit. Gibby! Name was Gib Leary. g*dd*mn it!

Bobby: Figuring out how he disappeared should shed some light.

Happy: We're gonna find out who ratted us out to Lin.

(g*nshots, indistinct yelling)

Unser: Juice fired sh*ts at some CHPs. He went full mute as soon as they put cuffs on him.

Chibs: Probably best he's inside. Maybe the boy will get his head straight in there.

Harlan: Relax. I'm a friend of Tully's.

Jax: I need your help to stop Marks. Just having proof that there's a body on one of his properties is not gonna be enough of a thr*at. But if you sign a statement, that's gonna be enough to back Marks off. We have a cabin. I'll have my mom come out. She can help taper you off the junk. She's done it with a few of my guys. That's what keeps you safe. Here. Give this to August. If he comes with force or refuses to meet, tell him that goes to the D.A.

(Tires screeching)

(Grunting)

Moses: My name's Moses Cartwright. I'm the head of Mr. Marks' security team. His reply to your request is in the package.

(Bobby screaming)

Juice: Tell your CPO I'm ready to talk.

Guard: Fine.

(Heavy door opens)

Bobby: You know, the club ain't gonna give you sh*t. You might as well just k*ll me.

Moses: Due process.

Chibs: Hey, brother. Happy and Rat are on their way back. Still trying to track down Tyler.

Jax: How could I not see this coming? I'm out of my depth here, man.

Chibs: This is not on you, Jackie.

Jax: How can it not be? I completely underestimated August. He's smarter than I am. Zero vulnerabilities. He's got no family. No one close to him. It's the perfect move. He knows how tight the club is. How much I love my guys.

Chibs: You can't let this pull you off track, Jackie. Those guys downstairs... they need you focused... and strong.

Jax: Look what I've done, man. Diosa... Colette... West. Now Bobby. (Chuckles) Hey. Bobby knows the risks. We all do. And we're all still here.

Jax: Some of us. I can't risk anyone else...

Chibs: You can't risk not to. If you cave now, everything we've done over the past few weeks... all be for nothing. Why did we start this?

Jax: Tara.

Chibs: Right. And the brutality that was done to your family... that's not finished. Marks? He's just part of this now. Sons of Anarchy have a duty, brother. A mission. And we need our g*dd*mn leader.

Jax: I love you, Filip.

Chibs: I love you, too, Jackson.

S07E08
The Separation of Crows

(Door closes)

Tig: Hey. Montez is up at the cabin with Gemma. I got Quinn with Wendy and the boys.

Jax: All right. I put Tacoma with Lyla in the garage.

Jax: Good.

Tyler: Sorry about Bobby, man.

Jax: Yeah.

Chibs: So, you talk to Marks?

Tyler: Just his new commando leader. What do we know about Moses Cartwright?

Tyler: Ex-m*llitary. Special ops. Blackwater graduate. So is his team.

Tig: sh*t. That's a serious reumee.

Jax: What does August want?

Tyler: What do you think he wants? The dead pastor and his family. That photo and statement set him on fire, man. I never seen him do nothing like this before. Moses said for every 24 hours August has to wait, he's gonna cut off another part of your guy. Means you got until the end of the day.

Rat boy: Jesus Christ.

Jax: We need to find out where they're holding Bobby.

Tyler: Already got my guys on it, scoping out pope's office buildings and construction sites.

Jax: What about safe houses? Pope had a couple outside Oakland.

Tyler: Yeah, those got compromised a while back. But we'll still check 'em.

Jax: All right. Thank you.

Tyler: You know, I'm with you on Marks, Jax. But I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to keep playing double agent.

Chibs: Niners are the only ones that can get us close to Marks so we can get Bobby back.

Tyler: Yeah, I know, but with this new k*ll squad on the street they're gonna put it together that I'm helping you.

Jax: There's no half-in, Tyler. You want business after Marks, we do this together or you're on your own.

Tyler: All right. I'll let you know what we find out.

(Sighs)

(Clears throat)

Tig: Jax, we heard from Coletti. The bounty hunter with Bobby's ex. He's got intel on the guy that we used for the Chinese in Selma.

Jax: Not today.

Chibs: Jackie. Nothing we can do for Bobby right now. Until we hear back from Tyler...

Tig: If we track down whoever ratted us out to lin, we can shut another door.

Happy: We need to find the rat, Pres. He could be the one feeding intel to Marks, too. This sh*t should've been handled already.

Jax: All right. Bring Coletti here.

Tig: I'll call him.

Chibs: Yes, you do that.

(Sighs)

Unser: Gemma say why she was there?

Wendy: Club thing. She didn't give me any details, but she did say she was safe and that Juice didn't say anything about us helping him.

Unser: Yeah, for now. He requested to talk to me and the new sheriff. I'm guessing it's about making some kind of deal.

Wendy: Why did Juice sh**t at those cops?

Unser: He's playing something out for Jax. That's the only reason he ain't dead.

Brooke: Hey.

Wendy: Hey.

Unser: Hey, you got more in the car?

Quinn: Nah.

Brooke: No, that's it. Thank you.

Quinn: Sure. Be out front if you need me.

Brooke: Um, did the school call here?

Wendy: I don't know. I was in the shower. Why?

Brooke: I guess something happened again. They're sending Abel home.

Wendy: Oh, sh*t.

Unser: You need a lift?

Brooke: Uh, no, they said it's got to be Jax or Gemma. Legal guardians. It sounded serious.

Wendy: Okay.

(Sighs)

Moses: You mind? You ever serve? I already know the answer. Infantry boot for Grenada. Never deployed. Reserves for ten years. I bring up the combat reference to make a point. We're at w*r, you and me. The eye? That's all about expediting a solution. I don't know you. I never will. But if I have to k*ll you, it won't be personal. It'll be in the service of my current commander.

Bobby: Oh, come on, is that really the line of bullshit you buy into... Every day? You look in the mirror, you tell yourself, "I'm not a bad guy." You ain't a soldier. You're a scumbag with a few paid skills. Thug like the rest of us. You're right. That's why we grabbed you. You're the one with brains and reason. Teller needs you.

Bobby: Can't be that smart. I'm sitting here, talking to you.

Moses: Come on, Munson. You know how this plays out. Teller will spin his wheels for the rest of the day, trying to track down where you are.

(Bobby exhales) Then I take off another body part. He gets that, it breaks him. He tells me what I want to know. You can save him a lot of remorse, and yourself any further debilitation. We've narrowed it down to four possible construction sites. However, it would be a bit time-consuming and conspicuous to go bulldozing acres of city land looking for a body.

(Chuckles) Maybe you accidentally put your cigarette out on the right location. We get what we want, and we can all go home and sleep in our own beds.

Bobby: You took my eye out. I didn't tell you anything. You think this little twinkie-dinkie heart-to-heart will push me your way?

Moses: I hope so. I know how important it is for members to ride. I'd hate to see you lose that clutch hand.

Bobby: You're right. This is about w*r. And maybe tomorrow, next month, maybe ten years from now, someone wearing a reaper will cut your heart out.

Moses: Give me the location of the pastor. And just maybe you'll be the one holding the Kn*fe.

(Door closes) (Laughing)

Coletti: This kid, O'Leary, where'd you last see him?

Jax: Selma. He helped us with a job.

Coletti: That makes sense. That's where his VA checks were going.

Jax: He was a vet?

Coletti: Yeah, Iraqi freedom. Had a few juvie priors before he enlisted. He's been MIA a couple weeks. How about family or old w*r buddies?

Coletti: Nothing on his friends. Mom's off the grid. Renee O'Leary. She popped up for a marriage license two years ago. Her husband, Carl Egan, did a five-year stretch at Corcoran for running g*ns across state lines.

Jax: Arms dealer?

Coletti: Not to sell. To distribute for the cause. One of those militia whack jobs. He's got a compound north of Lockeford. No street address, just rural roads and county markers. These guys, they like to think they're ghosts, but they forget that there's this little thing called Google Earth. Watches you piss in the middle of the night.

Jax: This is good work, man.

Coletti: Thanks.

Chibs: Thank you.

Coletti: Can you ask Bobby to reach out to Precious? Insurance doesn't cover the kid's inhalers anymore. I mean, this helps, but she asked me to mention it.

Chibs: Yeah, sure, we'll let him know.

Coletti: Appreciate it. Take care, guys.

Jax: All right. Let's take a ride.

Gemma: I want you to smoke this. Give you a nice little rush. Keep those deep bends from hurting. (Sighs) Yeah. Now you keep drinking water. These bananas, too, if you can stomach 'em. (Grunts) (Sighs) I got clean sheets out in the closet in the front room. Gonna need to change these.

Grant: Okay. Thank you for helping us.

Gemma: Well, you must be important to Jax. Otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Loutreesha: You must think I'm an awful mother.

Gemma: It's not my place to judge. We all fall down. It's about how we get up.

Loutreesha: He's really... A good man. Grant. My son. That's the hardest thing. Knowing my weakness has driven him to v*olence. It's not his nature.

(Phone rings)

Gemma: That's what we do when our family needs us. Things we wouldn't do otherwise.

Loutreesha: Well, sometimes those things are a mistake. An impulse that just causes more chaos.

Gemma: Doesn't matter what happens. It's why we did it. That's what counts.

(Knocking)

Nero: Wendy's on the house phone.

Gemma: Yeah, okay. Stay focused on what's in front of you. Get well. That's how you help your boy.

(Engines turn off)

Jax: Looks quiet.

Happy: Too quiet.

Tig: Maybe the revolution took a day off.

(a*t*matic g*nf*re)

(g*nf*re stops)

Jax: What the hell you sh**ting for?! We just want to talk! About Gib O'Leary!

(g*nf*re burst)

Chibs: Hey! We got no beef with anyone in there!

Happy: Whew. Guess they don't feel like talking.

Chibs: No. What do you want to do now, Jackie?

(Dirt bike approaching)

Jax: Who's this? Denny: Ma?!

Renee: Get the hell out of there! Denny!

Jax: Put it down.

Carl: You stupid shithead!

Jax: Put it down. We got five g*ns pointed at a kid out here! All we want to do is talk! We're not going to hurt anyone!

Carl: Let the kid go, I'll come out! You ain't exactly earned my trust yet, bro!

Chibs: Put the g*n down!

Carl: Not until you let him go.

Renee: Put down the g*n, Carl. I'll cut you in your sleep, old man. Get over here, Denny.

Denny: Sorry, mom.

Renee: You get inside.

Carl: You assh*le.

(Denny grunts) Could've got us k*lled.

(g*nsh*t)

Tig: Go ahead. Hit him again.

Jax: Tig. Are you Gib's mom?

Renee: Yeah.

Jax: What the hell is all this?

Renee: Carl is Gibby's stepdad. His real dad is a member of your club. Called me about a week ago, said Gib was k*lled. Happened on a job, and he had to get rid of the body. Keep it quiet. I didn't get to say good-bye to my boy.

(Voice cracking): I couldn't give him a proper burial. I was pissed off, and I threatened to call the cops. Which... clearly I would never do. Figured you guys were (Clears throat) here to keep me quiet.

Jax: Who is his father?

Renee: Jury White. I mean, if you ain't here for Jury, what do you want to know about Gib? He-he was a friend of mine. We did boot together. I've been trying to track him down.

Renee: Oh. I'm sorry, son.

(Phone ringing)

Rat boy: Yeah, me, too.

Jax: Look, will you do me a favor? Don't tell Jury we were here. I'd like to pay my respects in person.

Renee: I never talk to him. I'm sorry for the hostile welcoming. Carl gets a little paranoid.

Jax: Yeah, I can see that. I'm sorry for your loss. Quick thinking, Rat.

Rat boy: Thanks.

Happy: Tyler. So far, he's coming up empty on Bobby.

Chibs: So... Jury must've been the one that took Gib's body from the house, saw Lin's heroin... Maybe he put it together.

Tig: He's the only other one who knew where we were storing the Chinese g*ns.

Jax: All right, call Jury. Have him meet us halfway. Sutter Creek or Pine Grove, somewhere quiet. Just him and his VP. Tell him it's urgent.

Tig (Quietly): Okay.

Jax: That I need... counsel on how to handle the triads.

Chibs: Aye. What're you gonna do, Jax?

Jax: I'm going to find out if our rat's wearing a reaper.
Gemma: Come on.

Harrison: Mrs. Morrow.

Gemma: It's Teller.

Harrison: I'm sorry. Could I speak with you for a moment? Um, alone.

Wendy: We'll be in the car.

Gemma: All right.

Wendy: Come on, buddy. Did you speak to the head of school?

Gemma: Mm. Yeah. And your shrink. They think the kid needs evaluating. Was that your call?

Harrison: I just report what I observe.

Gemma: Some bully got in his face and he stood up for himself.

Harrison: Abel hit the kid with a metal lunchbox. It put a gash in his head. It was unprovoked.

Gemma: Nothing is unprovoked, sweetheart.

Harrison: Look, Abel's a good kid. We all know that. But clearly losing his mom has affected him deeply.

Gemma: I don't need a shrink to tell me that. Mrs. Teller, we all want Abel to succeed here.

Gemma: You know what I want? I want teachers and shrinks and pompous assholes to stop judging my grandson. That's the sort of aggression he learns to imitate.

Gemma: Good. Next time I'll make sure you're the one he slams with a lunchbox.

(Urinating) (Rat boy sighs) (Phone beeps, closes phone)

Chibs: That was Tully's guy. Just heard from county. Juice put sh*t in motion.

Jax: All right, let's go.

(Chibs whistles) Chibs: Wake up.

(Engines starting)

Juice: My hearing is tomorrow. I'll land in Stockton on the parole violation. I need you to put me in AD seg.

Althea: Why?

Juice: I need protection.

Unser: From who?

Juice: It's a long list.

Unser: Why'd you go all cowboy on the CHP yesterday?

Juice: I don't like cops. Give me the deal in writing before the hearing, and I'll tell you who k*lled Tara Knowles and Eli Roosevelt.

Althea: We already know it was the Chinese.

Juice: What you know don't mean sh*t. It's what you can prove.

Unser: And you can give us proof?

Juice: Names and the m*rder w*apon.

Althea: Well, you're going to have to give us some of that proof to take to the D.A. otherwise we're just wasting our time here.

Juice: Chris Dun. One of Lin's guys. There were two of them that did the murders. I'll give you the other name and the location of the w*apon once I have my deal. I'm going to need a few days to put...

Juice: You have until tomorrow morning.

Althea: What the hell was that about? He gives up names for isolation? No plea, no reduced sentence?

Unser: This is the MC. Juice betrayed the club. He was a dead man. Jax let him live because he needs him in AD seg. Henry Lin is in Stockton. They have him in segregation?

Althea: I'm sure they do, yeah.

Unser: That's what they're using Juice for. To get to Lin. Pay for his sins. He kills the chink, buys his way back into Samcro.

Althea: I'll see if I can pull a sheet on dun. If we can get Gemma to ID him as one of the guys she saw leaving the house, I have to make the deal, Wayne.

(Unser grunts) Put Juice in AD seg. I can give the DOC a heads up, but we have to put charming first. Do you think he really knows who k*lled Tara and Eli?

Unser: Yeah. I do.

Althea: I'll reach out to Patterson. You coming?

Unser: Oh, yeah.

(Althea knocks on door)

(Wendy sighs)

Gemma: Uh, I'm going to go change and get back to the cabin I can have Quinn take me up there if you want to stay here.

Nero: No, I'll take you.

Gemma: Thank you.

Wendy: I'm going to go check on Thomas. You hungry, baby?

Abel: Can I have some milk?

Nero: I got it.

Wendy: Yeah?

Gemma: Oh, sh*t.

(Muffled shriek)

Wendy: Gemma.

Gemma: Thomas.

Wendy: Gemma.

Nero: What's going on? You guys okay? Jesus Christ.

Gemma: Where the hell's the baby?

Wendy: I don't know.

Abel: What's the matter?

Nero: Uh, nothing, buddy. Why don't you just go into the kitchen.

Abel: I want to go in my room. No, no, no, not now, Abel, not now.

Brooke: Hey, you guys here? Gem? Wendy? What...

Gemma (Sighs): Oh.

Brooke: What's-what's going on?

Wendy: Okay, okay, come on. Come on, let's go. Come on.

Nero: Hey.

Gemma: Oh. They k*lled my birds. (Sobs)

Althea: Patterson's gonna put Juice in AD seg for 48 hours. When Gemma corroborates, she'll make a deal. Give him protection for the length of his sentence.

Unser: You give the DOC a heads up?

Althea: Patterson will.

Unser: Mm, yeah. Okay.

Althea: This could close out the m*rder you joined up to solve, Wayne.

Unser: I know. Something don't fit. Gemma and Juice. There's a piece missing.

Althea: Maybe you're too close.

Unser: Maybe.

Althea: I hope you stay on here after we shut the book on this. I like having you on my team. You're a good cop.

Unser: (Chuckles) Thanks. It's not like I got a lot of hobbies. Other than, uh, wai... waiting to die. Listen, I'm, uh... I'm gonna go check on Eglee. See if there's anything she needs.

Jury: Jax.

Chibs: Gaines. Long time, brother.

Gaines: Chibs, how you doing? All right, good to see you.

Chibs: Good to see you, too. Jury, how are you, brother?

(Tig laughs)

Jury: Any word on Bobby?

Jax: Not yet.

Jury: Diosa, West and now Bobby. sh*t's coming apart in Charming.

Jax: I've had some setbacks.

Jury: What's so urgent with the triads?

Jax: This isn't about the triads. Someone gave us up to Lin. Gave up the location of our Chinese g*ns. That's why West was k*lled. Our girls slaughtered.

Jury: Someone?

Jax: You were the only other one who knew the location of that warehouse.

Jury: You better have all your facts before you throw that kind of accusation at me.

Jax: I know Gib O'Leary was your son. You should've come to us.

Jury: I didn't know you were gonna k*ll two innocent men. That shotgun you used? The same one I used during the Chinese firefight.

Jax: Mm-hmm.

Jury: I didn't raise Gib. I only saw him twice in 20 years. He looked me up when he got back from Iraq. We were just getting to know each other. None of my guys knew he was my son. And I didn't say anything about finding him dead.

Jax: You should've told me. Ratting us out to the Chinese... It only made things worse.

Jury: I wanted you dead, Jackson. But I'm no rat. I didn't tell Lin sh*t.

Jax: I don't believe that.

Jury: So what now? You gonna g*n me down without a mayhem vote? Is that who you are now?

Jax: don't try to put this on me, Jury. You're the one who betrayed the patch. Wait.

Jury: You had the chance to be something good for this club. Something your old man always wanted. But you turned into everything he hated. You became the poison. The reason he checked out.

Jax: Checked out of what?

Jury: I was the only one JT trusted at the end.

Jax: You weren't even a member of the club back then.

Jury: That's why. I knew the life, but I didn't wear his patch. I was just a friend. A safe ear.

Jax: So what did he tell you?

Jury: John couldn't live with what the club had become. But he also couldn't bring himself to take it down.

Jax: Take it down how?

Jury: He wrote some kind of book. I never read it. But whatever was in it, if it would have gotten out... would've destroyed the sons and tore apart his family. What do you think happened to your old man that day? Out on 580?

Jax: Clay sabotaged his bike.

Jury: Yeah, we heard those rumors. But there was one thing that didn't hook up for me. That panhead was an extension of John... he would've known if anything was wrong with it the second he kicked it over.

Jax: Meaning what? You think my old man ran into that semi on purpose?

Jury: I don't know. Maybe it was his sacrifice. A way of letting his club and family survive.

Jax: My old man didn't k*ll himself.

Jury: It doesn't matter. As long as he ain't here to see what samcro did to you.

Gaines: Hey, whoa, hey, hey.

Chibs: Jackie!

Gaines: What the hell did you do?!

Jax: Jury admitted he was the one who ratted us to the Chinese. I hit him, he went for his g*n.

Gaines: Jesus Christ. The Chinese? What are you talking about?!

(Phone rings) Jax: Fill him in.

Gaines: Fill me in? You just k*lled my president. You can't walk away from this!

Chibs: Hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy, easy. There's history here, understand?

Tig: Jax, it's Quinn. Something happened at Gemma's.

Gaines: This sh*t is gonna vibrate throughout the whole organization! Your boy's out of control! And he's going down.

Chibs: Hey, hey! My boy ain't going anywhere. You understand? Do you understand?

Jax: Chibs. Chibs! We got to go... now.

Tig: Come on.

Jax: Now!

(Engines start) (Motorcycles departing)

Gemma: What you making there, sweetheart? You want to tell grandma what happened today? Why'd you hit that kid?

Abel: I don't like him.

Gemma: Did he hit you? Tease you?

Abel: I don't know. You know you hurt him real bad, Abel. Did you know that?

Abel: It was a accident.

(Motorcycles approaching)

(Engines stop) Do you understand what an accident is?

Abel: Do you?

(Footsteps approaching)

Jax: Hey, buddy. I heard you had a rough day. I'll be back in a minute, all right? Stay with grandma. Jesus Christ.

Nero: They had to get in when, uh, we went to get Abel. Quinn was out with Brooke. I guess they must have been watching the house.

Jax: Yeah. Could you give me a minute with my guys?

Nero: Yeah, okay. I'm staying here tonight. Can have a few of my guys, uh, sit out front if you need Quinn.

Jax: Thanks.

Tig: What do we do about Bobby?

Chibs: We're running out of time, Jackie.

Jax: Yeah, I know. All right, call Tyler. Have him set up a meet with Moses. I'll give him the body and the statement. But I am not handing over the mother and kid for August to k*ll.

Chibs: Aye. Let's go, guys. Come on.

(Door shuts)

Moses: Still haven't heard a word from your crew. You sure there's nothing you want to tell us?

Bobby: Yeah.

(Sighs) Suck my big white d*ck.

Moses: Good for you. You got balls. Most guys would've caved by now.

Soldier: We got a call.

Moses: Teller finally reached out. Unfortunately... He made the mistake of thinking the terms were negotiable.

(Grunting)

(Bobby grunting)

(Shouting)

Chibs: Tyler got a hold of Moses. Gave him your offer. Hasn't got back to him yet. Maybe he's got to track down Marks himself. Anything you need to tell me about what went down with Jury?

Jax: Nothing you don't know.

Chibs: We have to be careful with this, brother. This Redwood w*r... it's making some of the other charters a wee bit nervous. Beginning to impact our relationships with some of our friends in the northwest.

Jax: This morning you told me I needed to stay on point. That's what I did. Jury is part of this now, too.

Chibs: I know. But the way it went down, Jackie... there's gonna be questions... about the rights and the wrongs of the whole thing.

Jax: It was self-defense.

Chibs: Aye. But to Indian Hills... it looked more like m*rder.

Jax: What did it look like to you?

Chibs: It looked like a very complicated situation. I'm just saying we should get ready for the heat that this may bring.

Jax: I'm ready.

(Chibs grunts)

Chibs: Aye?

Jax: Yeah.

(Click) I offered it to Jax but I don't think the MC could cover it. So I found another buyer. So, yeah, I'm selling my piece of Diosa.

Wendy: Wow. That's great.

Nero: Yeah. My Uncle said I can move down there whenever I want. Don't even have to wait for the escrow to clear.

Wendy: So when are you going?

Nero: As soon as I can clean up things in Stockton. I got to figure out some things for Lucius. Like... how to get him some help down there.

Wendy: Well, I can make some calls. I know a lot of ot people.

Nero: Yeah?

Wendy: Yeah.

Nero: That'd be great.

Wendy: Does Gemma know?

Nero: Yeah. I could use some help with that, too. Listen, I want... I want her, you and the boys to come down there. There's plenty of room. Lucius would love to have other kids around him.

Wendy: God, Jax and Gemma will never let Abel and Thomas leave.

Nero: After today, how could they let 'em stay?

(Door opens)

Tig: From Moses.