07x11 - Suits of Woe

Complete collection of episode transcripts for seasons 1 to 7. Aired: September 2008 to December 2014.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A man in his early 30s struggles to find a balance in his life between being a new dad and his involvement in a motorcycle club.

07x11 - Suits of Woe

Post by bunniefuu »

Jax: Previously on Sons of Anarchy...

Nero: I've been talking to Alvarez. I'll sell him my half, and he'll let Oso and his crew run the house in Stockton.

Jax: This about your uncle's farm?

Nero: It's time, Jax. We both know that.

Harrison: What happened to your eye, sweetheart?

Abel: Tommy scratched me.

Harrison: Are you sure that's what happened? If someone else did this to you, you need to tell me, because it's wrong, and they could get in trouble.

Jax: Hey, buddy. What's going on?

Harrison: Show him, Abel.

Jax: Jesus Christ.

Gemma: God, what happened, baby?

Jax: Who did this to you?

Abel: Grandma.

Chibs: We got to prove Jury spoke to Lin.

Jax: Juice is the only one that can do that, and a rat vetting out a rat ain't gonna hold much weight.

Chibs: Tully gets a phone to the rat bastard. We record it.

Tully: They put your boy in solitary.

Jax: But you need to make sure that Juice gets to Lin.

Gemma: When are you going to Norco?

Nero: Probably head down there next couple of days.

Gemma: Need some help?

Nero: Oh, that'll be good, mama. We can do it together. M-Make it our place, you know?

Abel: Daddy?

Jax: Yeah?

Abel: Is Wendy my first mommy 'cause I came out of her tummy?

Jax: Yeah.

Abel: So, is that why Grandma k*lled my other mommy?

Gemma: I don't know why he'd do it. I know he misses you, but... I'd never put a hand on him. You know that. I love him more than anything. I'm sorry, sweetheart. So sorry this happened.

Juice: I do this, and everybody's okay with me and everybody forgives. This gets done. I put something together here. Get through the time. I just got to finish it. This gets done. This gets done.

(Chibs sighs)

(Door closes)

Wendy: Morning.

Jax: Morning.

Wendy: Where'd you sleep last night?

Jax: Stayed with Abel after I put him to bed.

Wendy: Want some coffee?

Jax: Yeah. Thanks. Thanks.

Wendy: Jax... I got to tell you something. After last night, and you letting Abel know the truth about me... I-I can't have any secrets. I checked out of rehab to help you. To help Gemma. And when I got to my apartment, Juice was there.

Jax: And what the hell was Juice doing in your apartment?

Wendy: He said he was hiding from the club. I didn't ask him why.

Jax: Well, how'd he get in? Gemma had the keys. Why would my mom be helping Juice?

Wendy: She said she didn't want anyone else to get hurt. She thought I'd be gone, so she let him stay there.

Jax: Did anyone else know?

Wendy: Wayne. He found out by accident. He saw Juice's bag. I'm sorry, Jax. I didn't know what to do. The vibe between us was just so tense. And then sh*t just went crazy. Diosa, Scoops and Bobby. And then, after that, you know, Abel started acting out, I... I guess Juice just didn't seem that important.

Wendy: Hey, are we okay?

Jax: You didn't make the choice to help him. Look, I know you got pulled into this. I get it. But I need you to keep this between us for now, though. You don't tell anyone else I know.

Wendy: Okay. Hey. Jax, what are you gonna do?

Jax: I'm gonna get some answers. You take care of our boys.

Unser: Oh, all right, all right! Jesus Christ! What the...

Jax: Put some pants on. We need to talk.

♪ Riding through this world ♪
♪ All alone ♪
♪ God takes your soul ♪
♪ You're on your own ♪
♪ The crow flies straight ♪
♪ A perfect line ♪
♪ On the devil's bed ♪
♪ Until you die ♪
♪ Gotta look this life ♪
♪ In the eye. ♪

Jax: I know you and Gemma have been helping Juice. I need to know how that happened.

Unser: Who the hell told you that?

Jax: Wendy. She said Gemma was helping him because she didn't want anyone else to get hurt. But why would Juice go to my mom in the first place?

Unser: Not sure how that all came together. I assumed they crossed paths somewhere. You know, by a weed shop or something.

Jax: That doesn't make sense. You were with my mom the night Tara got m*rder*d.

Unser: Yeah.

Jax: What was going on with her?

Unser: She was upset. She, uh, knew you were gonna get picked up by the sheriffs.

Jax: Did she call you after she saw the Chinese?

Unser: Yeah. Yeah, well, after we found out what happened. She was wrecked. We both were. She didn't tell me what she saw. Only the club was privy to that. What-what... what are you digging at, son?

Jax: I need a face-to-face with Juice. Can you call Jarry, set that up?

Unser: You're kidding me, right? I mean, we know what you're doing with Juice. Using him to get close to Lin. I mean, it's...

Jax: This isn't about Lin! It's about Tara.

Unser: Why should I help you, son, huh? You guys have done nothing but lie to me. The guy Juice and-and your mother I.D.'d... He wasn't even in the state.

Jax: What are you talking about?

Unser: Chris Dun. Jarry found out he was in a Vegas drunk t*nk the night Tara was m*rder*d.

Jax: I need you to get me in a room with Juice. Tell the D.A. it will get them the intel they need on Tara's m*rder. You can pull the video, watch the whole thing. Wayne... Do you want the truth or not?

Unser: All right. I'll call Jarry. See if she can hook it up. But you burn me on this, Jackson, and-and there's no more loyalty. For your club and for your family. Understand?

Jax: Understood.

Guard: The thing Tully's helping you with, it goes down after breakfast.

Juice: Yeah, okay. (Door closes) This gets done.

(Engine idling)

(Engine shuts off)

Chuck: Sounds good. Your dad would be happy.

Jax: Still needs some tweaks, but it's getting there.

Chuck: Looks very regal in the club colors.

(Motorcycles approaching)

Jax: Yeah. What time does my mom get in?

Chuck: Well, we're pretty slow. Probably just before lunch. You want her here sooner?

Jax: No. Thank you.

Tig: Hey. What's going on, boss?

Jax: I need you guys to visit our white friends. Have Otis reach out to Tully. I'm sitting down with Juice. I need the cameras off in the room.

Chibs: I thought all this sh*t with Lin was set.

Jax: It is. It's about something else.

Chibs: What?

Jax: I'll fill you in when I know more.

Chibs: Yeah.

Tig: All right. What was that?

Chibs: Don't know.

Abel: Where's Daddy?

Wendy: He's working.

Abel: Is Daddy okay?

Wendy: Yeah. Are you okay? That was a lot for you to take in last night... about me. You okay with all that? Oh...

(Buzzer sounds, door opens)

(Buzzer sounds)

(Buzzer sounds)

(Buzzer sounds)

(Keys jingling)

Guard: There's a change of clothes in there. In case it gets messy.

(Lin sighs)

Lin: sh*t. Teller got you doing his dirty work, huh? Figured he'd just leave it for his new n*zi pals.

Juice: Doesn't have to be dirty. I just need some answers.

Lin: Yeah. That's why I'm chained to a pipe in a g*dd*mn boiler room. (Juice laughs) (Phone beeps) What the hell is that for?

Juice: Who sold out SAMCRO? Gave up the location of the g*ns?

(Lin laughs)

Lin: Of course. They sent the rat to flush out the rat.

Juice: Hmm. Who was it?

Lin: Those g*ns were ours.

Juice: Was it a member? Jury White?

Lin: What happens once I tell you?

Juice: I send that to the club and they handle the traitor.

Lin: And me?

Juice: Nothing happens. As long as you tell me who it was and you don't give up the MC to make a deal.

(Lin sighs)

Lin: It was Charlie Barosky. He came to us, said he knew who took the g*ns and where they were. Prick held out for a shitload of cash. Cops... biggest criminals of all.

(Juice chuckles)

Juice: Yeah.

(Phone beeps)

Lin: You lying piece of...

Juice: I'm a rat. What makes you think I wouldn't be a liar, too?

(Lin choking)

(Blood trickling)

(Lin choking)

(Juice sighs)

♪ ♪

Chuck: Morning.

Gemma: Hey.

Chuck: Jax was here earlier looking for you.

Gemma: What'd he want?

Chuck: He didn't say.

Unser: Well, I could fill you in on that. Wendy told Jax that we were helping Juice.

Gemma: What?

Unser: Yeah.

Gemma: Why the hell would she do that?

Unser: Not sure. He wasn't, uh, pissed off, though. He was, uh... just very troubled.

Gemma: About Juice?

Unser: Uh, that and some information he got about Tara's m*rder. The guy you and Juice identified... He was in a Vegas jail the night she was m*rder*d.

Gemma: He was Asian. Dark. It wasn't him, it was another one of Lin's guys.

Unser: Yeah. I guess so. Well, Jax is using Juice to get to Lin, and I'm assuming Juice got Dun's name from the club. Am I wrong? I mean, was he with you that night?

Gemma: No.

Unser: Huh. Well, when did he come to you for help?

Gemma: Uh... (exhales) You know, after Tara. I'm not sure. He... he just reached out. Called me, I think.

(Unser laughs)

Unser: He just... called you? Didn't you think that was a little odd? I mean, you'd be the last person I'd go to if I...

Gemma: I don't know, Wayne. You're gonna have to talk to Juice.

Unser: Oh, well, yeah. Well, Jax is doing that.

Gemma: What do you mean?

Unser: Jarry got him a face-to-face with Juice, so... He's on his way to Stockton now. I tell you, your son is determined to get to the truth. You all right? Hmm?

Gemma: Yeah.

Unser: Where you going?

Gemma: Left something at the house.

Chuck: Is everything okay?

(Car door shuts, engine starts)

Unser: I don't know, Chucky. Why don't you follow her home. Keep an eye on her.

Chuck: Okay. Then what?

Unser: I don't know. I... wish I knew.

(Door slams)

Happy: Where were you guys?

Tig: Lady, get out of here. b*at it, b*at it, go on.

Chibs: Pour me some Coke. Go, go.

Tig: All right, listen. We just sat down with Otis. Jax needed Tully to secure a room so he can sit down with Juice.

Rat Boy: About Lin?

Chibs: Don't know.

Happy: I hope so. We got to get that confession. That forum did not go well for our pres.

Quinn: Been talking to some of the Berdoo guys. Vibe ain't good, man.

Chibs: Yeah. We know.

Rat Boy: What happens if Jax can't prove that Jury was the one who sold us out?

Chibs: Then they'll get to hear both sides of what went down with Jury.

Montez: We all know it was self-defense.

Tig: Indian Hills saw it a different way.

Happy: And if it goes their way? It's a member k*lling another member.

Rat Boy: But that means a Mayhem vote.

(Door opens)

Jax: Hey.

Tully: Had to come up. Only way I could secure the room. Pretty Puerto Rican's on his way.

Jax: Okay, I appreciate it.

Tully: Talked to Otis. Heard our black and white problem's been solved.

Jax: Yeah. He's a solid guy.

Tully: Lin's confession. Juice put him down this morning. Clean. There'll be no blowback.

Jax: He's dead?

Tully: Yeah. That was the plan, wasn't it?

Tully: All right. What about Ortiz? Does that pay off his sins?

Jax: I'm not sure.

(Footsteps approaching)

(Door opens)

Tully: Let me know.

Jax: Thank you.

Tully: Sure. Oh, I'll see you later, baby.

(Juice sighs)

Juice: Tully tell you about Lin?

Juice: It wasn't Jury. It was Barosky. All about money.

Jax: And you believed him?

Juice: Yeah. If anything, Lin would want to hurt the club. He got no reason to protect Jury. (Sighs) I did everything you asked, Jax.

Jax: I found out Gemma was helping you hide. The Chinese guy she I.D.'d... He was in Vegas the night Tara was m*rder*d. Why would you go to my mom to hide from the club? Did she owe you a favor?

Juice: We just kind of, uh... found each other.

Jax: Yesterday, my five-year-old son cut his own arm. Deep scratches. And then he told his teacher it was Gemma that did it. We spent the afternoon with Child Services. Last night, I decided to tell him that... Wendy was his first mom. You know, I thought it might give him some comfort, knowing that he had another mother. When I put him to bed... He asked me if Gemma... had k*lled Tara to make room for Wendy. When I pressed him on why he would ask this, he said he overheard Gemma telling his little brother that she was sorry she'd k*lled his mommy.

Juice: Jesus.

Jax: You see, nothing makes sense to me, Juice. Is my kid delusional? Cutting himself, making up stories? Or is he tormented? You see, every scenario seems insane to me. My son is twisted up. He just lost his mom. Before I send in a team of shrinks to twist him up more and to create deeper wounds... I need the truth. Somehow, I know... you're the one who can give it to me.

Juice: I'm really sorry about Abel.

Jax: Is it true?

Juice: I went to your house that night. Looking for Gemma, like you'd asked. I was still trying to wrap my head around what you'd said to me. About betraying you. I met Eli out front. He was waiting on Tara. Then we heard a crash... and Eli ran in the house. I followed. Tara was dead. The place was trashed. She must have gotten in a brawl with Gemma. Your mom... (Jax inhales sharply) was on the floor, freaked out... covered in blood. Eli was about to call it in. I k*lled him.

(Jax sighs)

Jax: And then Gemma needed you as much as you needed her. (Sniffles) What about the Chinese?

Juice: Needed to put the k*ll on someone. The way she k*lled her... So brutal. It felt gangland. I didn't want it to come down on brown and Nero. So I told Gemma to use the Chinese. We came up with the story.

Jax: Bobby's dead. August. Retaliation for us going after Lin. They cut out his eye. They cut off his fingers. Then they sh*t him in the head right in front of me.

Juice: Oh, God, Jax, I'm...

Jax: Don't say you're sorry! Don't say anything. Thank you for telling me the truth. I'll make sure it's quick.

(Knocking)

(Door opens)

(Door closes)

(Sighs softly)

(Cell phone ringing)

Gemma: Yeah?

Juice: Gemma, it's Juice.

Gemma: Where are you?

Juice: Stockton.

Gemma: Did you talk to Jax?

Juice: I told him, Gemma. Everything. I'm sorry, I had to. The sh*t that happened because of that lie. It was a mistake. We should've never kept it from...

Chibs: What the...? Jesus Christ.

Tig: Mm-hmm.

Chibs: You know what? I have no idea how Bobby handled this sh*t.

Tig: Yeah. We need to patch in another Jew.

(Door opens)

Chibs: Jackie. How'd it go?

Jax: Juice took care of Lin. It wasn't Jury. It was Barosky.

Tig: Oh, that lying son of a bitch.

Chibs: This is really gonna complicate things with Indian Hills.

Jax: I know. (Sighs) All right. I need you to call Alvarez. Tell him about Barosky. We'll handle it. But it's gonna impact sh*t in Stockton.

Tig: When are we gonna do it?

Jax: Soon. I just need to handle a family problem first.

Chibs: Hey. What's going on, brother?

Jax: I just need to talk to Gemma.

Tig: Why, is something wrong? Is she okay?

Jax: She's fine. I just need to track down where she went. Have Hap and Rat go to her house. Have Quinn and Montez go to Diosa.

Tig: What do they do if they find her?

Jax: Just have her stay put. Let's go check out TM.

(Knocking)

Wendy: Gem? It's me.

Gemma: Just a second. Hey.

Wendy: Hey.

Gemma: Where's the baby?

Wendy: In the kitchen with Chucky. You talk to Jax?

Gemma: No. Unser. He talked to Jax. I know about Juice.

Wendy: I'm sorry, Gem. I had to come clean. Jax told Abel last night that I was his first mommy. He thought it might help him not feel like Tara was being replaced. You know, if he knew I was his birth mom. And after that, I just... I couldn't lie to Jax anymore. I can't keep secrets, Gem. It'll k*ll me.

Gemma: Did it help? Telling Abel?

Wendy: Yeah. He seemed a little better today. Less anxious.

Gemma: That's good. I'm glad he knows you're his mom.

Wendy: Yeah?

Gemma: It's the right thing. The right time.

Wendy: God, that means so much to me.

Chuck: Hey, uh, there were no more diapers in the laundry room, and he's, like, loaded.

Wendy: Okay, I got some in my bag. Give me.

Chuck: Okay.

Wendy: Come on.

Gemma: Hey. No, no, no. Let me get him. I got him.

Wendy: Yeah? Okay.

Gemma: Yeah. I'll bring him to you in a minute.

Wendy: Okay.

Gemma: Huh, baby? I love you. Yes, I do. Your grandma loves you. Here we go. Oh, there we go.
Lyla: Signature here. And here. Okay. And then initials in all the boxes.

Alvarez: Maybe I can steal you away from Teller, you can manage both Diosas, huh?

Lyla: Well, I appreciate the offer, but I'm gonna stick to running p*rn. I'd rather sh**t p*ssy than have my p*ssy sh*t at.

Nero: Hey! I'm trying to close a sale here. Let's not bring up the ghosts, huh?

Alvarez: It's okay. I'm good with ghosts. I think that's it.

Lyla: Okay, that should do it, gentlemen. I'll finish notarizing these, make you copies and file the transfer downtown.

Alvarez: 150. Yeah, you can count it.

Nero: I trust you. I'm glad we were able to make this work, canalla.

Alvarez: Me, too, Nero.

Montez: Hey, Nero. Gemma here?

Chuck: Where you going?

Gemma: I got to clean up some family things.

Chuck: Is everything okay?

(Motorcycles approaching)

Gemma: No. No, sweetheart. Everything is not okay. I'm in trouble, and I can't let the club find me. Not yet.

Chuck: Okay, I can help you.

Gemma: If they find out, it's gonna be bad.

Chuck: Hit me. I'll tell them you punched me and took my keys. They'll believe that.

Gemma: Chucky, I can't hit you.

Chuck: Gem, it's okay. Hit me. (Knocking) Good. Okay, go, go, go! Coming! Hey, guys.

Rat Boy: sh*t, what happened?

Happy: Where's Gemma?

Chuck: I don't know. She, uh, asked me for my keys, I said no. She punched me and took off with the car.

Rat Boy: Isn't that her loaner in the driveway?

Chuck: My scooter d*ed here last night, so I drove the other loaner... blue Ford. She took that one.

Happy: sh*t.

Chuck: What's going on? Why's she running?

Happy: How long ago?

Chuck: Maybe ten minutes.

Rat Boy: All right, thanks.

(Door closes)

Gemma: Put some ice on that.

Chuck: Okay.

Gemma: Thank you, Chucky.

Chuck: You're my best friend, Gem.

Gemma: I accept that.

Unser: Hey. I tried calling you. They had me on hold forever.

Althea: Yeah. I was on the phone with Patterson and the Department of Corrections. Lin was k*lled this morning. Stabbed multiple times in the neck, found in the hallway. (Unser groans) No witnesses.

Unser: sh*t. You watch Teller's chat?

Althea: We pulled the video file... it was blank. Someone bought the room. Speak of the devil.

Unser: Yeah, well, uh... we need to speak to the other devil. Got to see Juice, right?

Althea: Yeah. All right.

Unser: Let me, uh... let me talk to Jax alone for a minute.

(Cell phone ringing)

Chibs: Any idea why Cagney and Lacey are here?

Jax: No. Where are things at with her?

Chibs: Same. No deeper.

Jax: What's our good sheriff doing here?

Unser: Uh, she came to deliver some sad news. Henry Lin.

Jax: Yeah, we heard.

Unser: Oh, okay.

Jax: That happened before I got there. That's not why I went to see Juice.

Unser: Ah, well, I guess we'll never know. There's no videotape.

Tig: Jax? I, uh... I just got off the phone with Hap. Gemma just slugged Chucky. Then she took off in a blue Ford. What the hell's going on, brother?

Jax: I need you to call my mom. Have her meet you here. Tell her you need to talk to her in private.

Unser: Why? What's going on with Gemma?

Jax: It's family business.

Unser: Oh, maybe you forgot our little deal. I'm done helping you and the club.

Jax: This is about Tara.

Unser: Oh, if you gave a sh*t about Tara, maybe you'd spend a little less time being a thug and little more time being a dad.

Jax: You need to watch your mouth, old man.

Unser: Oh, yeah? Well, what-what you gonna do? You gonna k*ll me, huh?! Is that what you're gonna do... add me to your body count, huh? Oh, you know what? Maybe-maybe I should go into my trailer and stand in the kitchen and wait for somebody to come along and stick a fork in my head! Oh!

Chibs: Jesus Christ, Jackie! Let's go!

Althea: Jesus, Wayne. Are you all right?

Unser: Yeah, yeah, I'm fine.

(Motorcycles revving, departing)

Althea: What the hell was that about?

Unser: I don't know. But until I do, I want Teller off the streets, so no one else gets hurt. Put out an APB on Teller. For as*ault.

Althea: What is going on?

Unser: g*dd*mn it. Go ahead, do it! Please, do it!

♪ ♪

(Dialing phone)

(Cell phone ringing)

Nero: Hey, where you been?

Gemma: Crazy morning.

Nero: Quinn and Montez were here looking for you. And they wouldn't say why. What's up, mama?

Gemma: Just something's going down with the club. I need to talk to you.

Nero: I'm over here at Diosa.

Gemma: Uh... I need some privacy. Can you meet me? Please. It's important. I'll give you the address.

Nero: Uh... okay, hold on.

(Door opens)

Juice: Wow. I'm a popular guy.

Althea: Sit down. Understand you're getting pretty cozy with the AB in here.

Juice: Yeah. That's one way to put it. What do you want?

Unser: It's a shame about Henry Lin, huh?

Juice: Yeah, well... no one lives forever, right?

Unser: Mm.

Althea: We need to know what you talked about with Teller this morning.

Juice: Watch the tape.

Althea: Don't be an assh*le.

Juice: Trust me... all I am in here is someone's assh*le.

Unser: What'd you tell Jax?

Juice: The truth.

Unser: Why's he looking for Gemma?

Juice: Gemma knows the truth.

Unser: About...?

Juice: About everything. Gemma knows every truth behind every lie, inside every secret. She's the gatekeeper.

Unser: Listen to me, Juice... if you know anything about Tara, you got a chance here. A chance to...

Juice: I have no chance. Neither do you. Your heads are shoved so far up your asses, you can't see what's right in front of you.

Althea: Yeah, and if you're tired of things getting shoved up your ass, maybe we can help. But we're gonna need some cooperation, damn it.

Juice: It doesn't matter anymore, Sheriff. I'm all done. It's too late. For all of us.

Jax: Where's Charlie?

Clerk: Mr. Charlie is not here.

Chibs: Where is he?

Clerk: At the port, I think. He should be back soon.

Jax: We'll wait. Call Happy and Rat. See if they have anything on Gemma.

Chibs: Jesus... (Sighs) Jackie... you got to tell us what the hell this is all about.

Jax: I will. I just need to speak to my mother, confirm a few things, and then I'll bring everyone up to speed. Don't ask me again.

Chibs: Okay. We'll call Hap.

Nero: Hey. What are you doing here?

(Gemma chuckles softly)

Gemma: I was born in that house. (Nero chuckles softly) Rose didn't like hospitals. She used a midwife. Or a witch woman. Something medieval. That was Dad's parish.

Nero: What's going on, Gem?

Gemma: My dad always wanted a big family... But Rose... I don't think she really wanted kids. And after my baby brother d*ed, she... she just checked out. I couldn't wait to be a mom. I wanted a dozen sons. That didn't happen. After Thomas, and my heart thing... John didn't want to take the risk. But I never quit on Jax. Not for a minute. (Sighs) Everything in my life... pretty much torched. (Sniffles) Hated school. Wasn't a very good wife. But I was a good mother. I did everything I was supposed to do.

Nero: Yeah... yeah, I know that, mama.

Gemma: I love you, Nero. Our time together has been neck-deep in chaos, but you have made me happy.

Nero (chuckles): Whoa, you... you sound like you're saying good-bye there, Gem. What's going on?

Gemma: I just have to handle some family things.

Nero: What family things? Come on, where... where you going?

(Cell phone ringing)

Gemma: Is that Jax? (Ringing continues) Please don't answer it. (Ringing stops) Wait till I'm gone.

Nero: Gem, are you gonna tell me what happened?

(Cell phone ringing)

Nero: Yeah.

Jax: Has Gemma reached out to you?

Nero: Why?

Jax: 'Cause I need to talk to her.

Nero: Yeah, I know, uh... Couple new guys came by looking for her. What's going on?

Jax: I just need to track down where she went, Nero.

Nero: Well, I don't know. But I tell you, if I find out, I'm not gonna tell you anything until I know why.

Jax: I went to see Juice this morning... trying to piece together...

Nero: Jax, I'm really sorry. Oh, yeah, yeah, I... I understand. I don't know. Okay, Mano. (Stifled sob) Uh, yeah, if I see her, I'll, uh... I'll let you know. I will, I will. Yeah. Oh, God... (Stammers quietly) Is that true?

Gemma: It's a complicated...

Nero: Gemma... Hey... Is it true?

Gemma: Yes.

(Nero sighs, breath trembling)

Nero: You should go.

(Engine starts)

(Sighs)

(Sobbing softly)

(Police radio chatter)

Chibs: Jackie! Sheriff's outside running your plates.

Tig: APB, brother! as*ault!

Sheriff: Teller!

Tig: Run, run.

Chibs: Go, go, go, go, go!

Sheriff: He's running! He's running!

Tig: He's not doing anything!

Sheriff: Get out of the way! Come on, get out of the way!

Chibs: Come on! Get off me... oop! Sorry.

(Sheriff grunts angrily)

Chibs: Come on.

(Engine rumbles, tires screech)

Driver: Hey, idiot! You want me to run your ass over?

Jax: No, I want you to stop eating donuts, you fat piece of sh*t!

Driver: What the hell is going on? Jesus Christ.

Jax: Move!

(Siren approaching)

Driver: You're not taking my car!

Jax: Yeah, tell the cops.

(Tires screeching)

Sheriff: Stop! Stop!

(Engine roaring)

(Tires screeching)

(Sirens wailing)

(Horn blaring)

♪ ♪

Officer: Oh, sh*t!

(Engine revving)

(Kids chattering)

Gemma: Hey. Abel. Come here, sweetheart. Come on. Come here. Hey, baby. I just wanted to come by to... to give you something.

Abel: Okay.

Harrison: Stop, stop, stop.

Gemma: Honey, this was, uh... This was your Grandpa John's and I gave it to your daddy when... when he patched into the club. This one's for you, so you have it when you become a member. I love you, Abel. Your mommy and your daddy, they love you, too. And you did nothing wrong, baby.

Harrison: Mrs. Teller.

Gemma: You're a good boy.

Harrison: You're not allowed to be here. (Gemma sniffles) Go back to class, Abel. I-I'm gonna report this.

Gemma: I know. Thank you for watching out for my grandson. Take care of him.

Abel: Bye, Grandma.

Alvarez: It's a good machine.

Jax: Consider it rent. I appreciate the sanctuary.

Alvarez: Any time.

Jax: Look, man, I don't want this news about Barosky hitting the street. That's our mess to clean up.

Alvarez: Understood. Saves us the hassle. Charlie's an expensive hurdle.

Jax: Good. I heard you and Nero signed papers today.

Alvarez: Yeah, we did. It makes sense, you know? Our clubs having a business together. We'll have to think twice about any bullshit that comes our way.

Jax: Yeah. Well, it's good we're partners. We should, uh, sit down with Connor, figure out g*ns.

Alvarez: And what about Marks? He's going to make bail after his hearing.

Jax: Yeah. I know. We're gonna need some help cleaning up what's left of the Chinese. Then we'll sit down with Tyler, figure out territories. By the time August puts together a new crew, black, white and brown will be united in Oakland. I'll make sure he makes the adjustment.

Alvarez: You let me know whatever you need, my friend. I'm gonna take a ride up to Stockton, let Oso know what's going on. Place is yours, eh?

Jax: Thank you.

Chibs: Jesus Christ, brother. You all right?

Jax: I'm fine.

Tig: Okay, good. Quinn and Montez are on their way now.

Jax: Good. Let me know when everyone's at the table.

Chibs: Aye.

Guard: Get up. I'm expanding my business circle. My new friends want you in the infirmary.

Juice: Why?

Guard: 'Cause you need medical assistance.

(Juice grunting)

Jax: I'm sorry for the lack of communication today. I got some information last night from my son. Something he overheard Gemma say. Juice confirmed it this morning. I didn't want to believe it, but after my mom took off... The Chinese didn't k*ll Tara. Gemma did. It was a fit of rage, I guess. Juice was with Eli when he found her. He k*lled Roosevelt. Then Gemma and Juice put together the lie. The Chinese guy that I tortured, whose head I split open... he wasn't even in the state the night Tara was k*lled. The level of brutality in Tara's m*rder... I thought it could only be g*ng retaliation. A message. I was wrong. That mistake is mine... and mine alone. Everything that happened as a result of that mistake... Every body that dropped, every relationship that was torched... West, Jury, Bobby, everything that jeopardized this club was my fault.

Chibs: Jackie...

Jax: Chibs... I'm gonna sit down with Packer and the other presidents. Come clean about Jury. And then we sit down with Tyler, the Irish and the Mayans. We discuss g*ns and territories. I can't do anything to change what's happened, but I'm gonna make damn sure I do everything I can to make it right. I can't talk about any of this right now, and I'd appreciate some time to think. I suggest you do the same. We'll meet back here tomorrow. I'm sorry that the family I was given has created so much chaos in the family I've chosen. I hope you know I love you all very much.

(Quinn sniffles)

Unser: Heard anything from Gemma? (Unser sighs) Any idea where she went?

Chuck: No. She's not coming back, is she, Wayne?

♪ ♪

Abel: Good night, Wendy.

Wendy: Oh, good night. Mmm. Want to kiss your brother? Mmm. I'll be in in a minute to tuck you in, okay, buddy? Go. Go ahead.

Chibs: I love you, my brother.

Jax: I love you.

Tig: I really love you, brother, I really do.

Jax: Love you, too, man.

Tig: All right.

Nero: Chibs.

(Jax sniffles)

Nero: The crew knows?

Jax: Yeah. Where did she go?

Nero: I don't know. I couldn't... uh... I couldn't talk to her. I... Hmm.

Jax: How do I come back from this? The damage to my club and my family. To my boy.

Nero: Maybe it's time to honor Tara's wish.

Nero: And what about Gemma? I get the pain that you're in, Jax. And the damage that she's caused is... It's unbelievable. But a son k*lling his mother? Jax, that's a wound that's too deep to heal. And I know you, Mano. That's gonna swallow you up. That's gonna destroy you, man.

Jax: I know. That's the part that hurts the most about all this, man. I mean, after everything she did, all the lies and the death and the wreckage... I still love her. You know? She's my mom.

(Crying): How could she do this to Tara? How could she do this?

Nero: Hey. I know.

♪ ♪

(Hymn playing over radio)

(Gemma humming)

Gemma: ♪ This is my song... ♪

(Gemma continues humming)

♪ This is my song... ♪
♪ Born of his spirit ♪
♪ Washed in his blood... ♪