High School Musical (2006)

Musicals/Concerts Movie Collection.

Moderator: Maskath3

Watch on Amazon   Merchandise   Collectables

Musicals/Concerts Movie Collection.

High School Musical (2006)

Post by bunniefuu »

Gabby, it's New Year's Eve, Enough reading, But, Mom, I'm almost done, The teen party? I've laid out your best clothes, Come get ready, Can I have my book back?

Thank you, Come on, Keep working left, Troy, Got a guard in the championship game we're expectin', You'll torch 'em!

Am I going left? Yeah, He looks middle, you take it downtown, OK, like this?

Whoo! That's it, man, Sweet, Let's see that in the game, Boys? Don't worry about me, Did we really fly all this way to play more basketball?

Yeah, It's the last night of vacation, The party, remember?

Right, the party, The party, New Year's Eve, Troy, they have a kid's party downstairs in the Freestyle club, Kid's party? Young adults, Now go, shower up, Come on, One more, Last one, Real quick,

There we go, That's the way to end it,

Howdy, ma'am,

All right! How about that for a couple of snowboarders?

Who's gonna rock the house next?

Huh?

I can't sing, No, you go, And you! Yeah, come on, Look, I don't sing, I can't sing, No, guys...

Get up there!

Hey, you know what? Someday you guys might thank me for this, Or not, "Something New"

Living in my own world Didn't understand That anything can happen When you take a chance I never believed in What I couldn't see

- I never opened my heart Oh To all the possibilities Ooh

- I know That something has changed Never felt this way And right here tonight This could be the start of something new

- It feels so right To be here with you Oh!

And now I'm lookin' in your eyes

- I feel in my heart Feel in my heart The start of something new Oh, yeah Now who'd have ever thought that We'd both be here tonight

- Ooh Yeah

- And the world looks so much brighter Brighter, brighter

- Oh, with you by my side By my side I know that something has changed, never felt this way

- I know it for real Real This could be the start of something new It feels so right to be here with you Oh!

And now looking in your eyes I feel in my heart The start of something new I never knew that it could happen till it happened to me Oh, yeah I didn't know it before but now it's easy to see Oh!

It's the start of something new It feels so right to be here with you Oh!

And now I'm lookin' in your eyes I feel in my heart That it's the start of something new

- It feels so right to be here with you Oh And now looking in your eyes

- I feel in my heart Feel in my heart The start of something new The start of something new The start of something new

Troy, Gabriella,

But seriously, you have an amazing voice, You're a singer, right?

Just church choir is all, I tried to solo and nearly fainted, Really? Why is that?

I looked at the people staring at me, Next thing I knew, I was staring at the ceiling, End of solo career, The way you sing, that's hard to believe, That was the first time I did that, It was so cool, I know! Completely! You sound like you've sung a lot, too, Yeah, sure, My showerhead is very impressed with me, 9, 8, 7...

...6, 5, 4...

...3, 2, 1.

I guess I better go find my mom and wish her a happy new year, Yeah, me too, I mean, not your mom, My mom... and dad, Uh... I'll call you, I'll call you tomorrow, Yeah! Here, put your number in,

Here, You too, Oh, OK,

There you go, Just so you know, singing with you was the most fun I've had on this vacation, So, um... where do you live?

Gabriella,

Troy! How ya doing, man? Hey, Chad, what's up?

Hey, guys, happy new year, Yeah!

It's a happy Wildcat new year! You're the man!

In two weeks we're going to the championships with you leading us to infinity and beyond, What team? Wildcats!

What team? Wildcats!

The ice princess returned from the North Pole, She spent the holidays the way she always does, How's that? Shopping for mirrors,

Ugh, behold the zoo animals heralding the new year, How tribal,

Mom, my stomach... ls nervous on first day at a new school, You'll do great, You always do, l made my company promise that l can't be transferred again until you graduate, l reviewed your impressive transcripts, Your light will shine brightly at East High, l don't want to be the school's freaky genius girl again, Just be Gabriella, This way,

Troy! Troy! Hey!

How's it goin'? How are you?

Miss Darbus?

Do you remember the night before? No, not at all, All l remember is like, pink jelly, l...

Excuse me, Hi, Troy, Hi, l trust you all had splendid holidays, Check the sign-up sheets in the lobby for new activities, Mr, Bolton, Especially our winter musicale, We will have singles auditions...

You OK? Yeah, ...and pairs auditions for our two leads, Pfft, Mr, Danforth, this is a place of learning, not a hockey arena, There is also a final sign-up for next week's scholastic decathlon competition, Chem Club president Taylor McHessey can answer all of your questions about that,

Ah, the cell phone menace has returned to our crucible of learning, ls it your phone? Sharpay and Ryan, cell phones, l will see you in detention, Ahh!

We have zero tolerance for cell phones in class, so we will get to know each other in detention, Cell phone, And welcome to East High, Miss Montez, Mr, Bolton, l see your phone is involved, So we will see you in detention as well, That's not a possibility, Miss Darbus, Your Honor, see, 'cause we have basketball practice, and Troy...

Ah, that will be 15 minutes for you too, Mr, Danforth, Count 'em, Could be tough for Chad, He can't count that high, Taylor McHessey, 15 minutes, Shall the carnage continue? Holidays are over, people, Way over! Now, any more comments, questions?

Jason, How were your holidays, Miss Darbus?

What?

Sorry, man, See you in detention, See you later, lt's all good, Uhh, she's crazy, Hey! l don't... Believe it, Well, me... Either, But how?

My mom's company transferred her here to Albuquerque, l can't believe you live here, l looked for you at the lodge on New Year's Day, We had to leave first thing, Why are you whispering?

What? Oh, uh... my friends know about the snowboarding, l haven't quite told them about the singing thing, What's up? Hey, Too much for them to handle? No, it was cool, But, you know, my friends, it's, uh... lt's not what l do, That was, like, a different person, So, uh... anyway, welcome to East High, Now that you've met Miss Darbus, l bet you just can't wait to sign up for that, l won't be signing up for anything for a while, l just wanna get to know the school, But if you sign up, l'd consider coming to the show, Yeah, yeah, That's completely impossible, What's impossible, Troy? l wouldn't think ''impossible'' is even in your vocabulary, Oh, so nice of you to show our new classmate around,

Oh, were you going to sign up too? My brother and l have starred in all the school's productions and we really welcome newcomers, There are a lot of supporting roles, l'm sure we could find something for you, No, no, no, l was just looking at all the bulletin boards, Lots going on at this school, Wow,

Nice penmanship, So, Troy, l missed you during vacation, What'd you do?

You know, um... played basketball, snowboarding, more basketball, When's the big game? Two weeks, You are so dedicated, Just like me, l hope you come watch me in the musical, Promise?

Toodles! Toodles,

Dude, you know that school musical thing? You get extra credit just for auditioning?

Who cares? lt's always good to get extra credit...

...for college...

Think LeBron James or Shaquille O'Neal auditioned for their school musical?

Maybe, Troy, The music in those shows isn't hip-hop, or rock, or anything essential to culture, lt's, like, show music, lt's all costumes and makeup...

Oh, dude, it's frightening, l know, l thought it'd be a good laugh, Sharpay's kinda cute, too, So is a mountain lion, But you don't pet it, All right, Wildcats! Pair up!

Let's go! Come on!

"Get'cha Head in the Game"

Coach said to fake right and break left Watch out for the pick and keep an eye on defense Gotta run the give and go and take the ball to the hole And don't be afraid to sh**t the outside ''J''

Just keep your head in the game Just keep your head in the game And don't be afraid to sh**t the outside ''J''

Just keep your head in the game You gotta get your head in the game We gotta get our, get our, get our, get our head in the game You gotta get your, get your head in the game We gotta get our, get our, get our, get our head in the game Come on, get your, get your head in the game We gotta get our, get our, get our, get our head in the game You gotta get your, get your head in the game We gotta get our, get our, get our, get our head in the game Whoo!

Let's make sure that we get the rebound

'Cause when we get it then the crowd'll go wild A second chance, gotta grab it and go Maybe this time we'll hit the right notes Wait a minute, not the time and place wait a minute, get my head in the game Wait a minute get my head in the game Wait a minute, wait a minute l gotta get my, get my head in the game You gotta get your, get your, get your, get your head in the game l gotta get my, get my head in the game You gotta get your, get your, get your, get your head in the game Come on, get my, get my head in the game You gotta get your, get your, get your, get your head in the game l gotta get my, get my head in the game You gotta get your, get your, get your, get your head in the game, whoo Why am l feeling so wrong?

My head's in the game but my heart's in the song She makes this feel so right Should l go for it? l better shake this, Yikes!

l gotta get my, get my head in the game You gotta get your, get your, get your, get your head in the game l gotta get my, get my head in the game You gotta get your, get your, get your, get your head in the game Come on, get my, get my head in the game You gotta get your, get your, get your, get your head in the game l gotta get my, get my head in the game You gotta get your, get your, get your, get your head in the game Whoo!

What team? Wildcats!

What team? Wildcats!

What team? Wildcats!

Wildcats! Get your head in the game!

So, it seemed like you knew Troy Bolton, Not really, He was just showing me around, Well, Troy usually doesn't interact with new students, Uh, why not? lt's pretty much basketball 24/7 with him, That should be 16 over pi... Yes, Miss Montez? l'm sorry, l was just... Uh...

Shouldn't the second equation read 16 over pi?

16 over pi? That's quite impossible, l stand corrected,

Oh... and welcome aboard,

Catch you later, guys, OK,

Troy Bolton was looking at our audition list, Again?

He was hanging around with that new girl and they were both looking at the list, There's something freaky about her, Where did she say she's from?

Wow! An Einsteinette, So why do you think she's interested in our musical? l'm not sure that she is, And we needn't concern ourselves with amateurs, But... there is no harm in making certain that Gabriella's welcome to school activities that are...

...well, appropriate for her, After all...

...she loves pi,

Gold! More gold!

Paint, paint! Let's go!

The answer is yes! Huh?

Our scholastic decathlon team has its first competition next week, and there is certainly a spot for you, Where did those come from? Didn't you put them in my locker?

Of course not, Well, we'd love to have you on our team, We meet almost every day after school, Please? l need to catch up on the curriculum here before l think about joining any clubs, Well, what a perfect way to get caught up, Meeting with the smartest kids in school, What a generous offer, Taylor, So many new faces in detention today, l hope you don't make a habit of it, but the drama club can always use an extra hand, And while we are working, let us probe the mounting evils of cell phones, Come on, guys, huddle up! We got two weeks to the big game, Where's Troy and Chad?

Don't make me ask again, Where's Troy and Chad?! Detention,

Perhaps the most heinous example of cell-phone abuse is ringing in the theater, What temerity! The theater is a temple of art, A precious cornucopia of creative energy, Where's my team, Darbus?

What the heck are those two doing in a tree? lt's called crime and punishment, Bolton, Besides, proximity to the arts is cleansing for the soul, Can we have a talk, please?

And you two, in the gym, now!

lf they have to paint sets for detention, they could do it tonight, not during practice, lf these were theater performers, would you seek special treatment?

Darbus, we are days away from our biggest game of the year, And we, Bolton, are in the midst of our auditions for our winter musicale as well!

This school is about more than just young men in baggy shorts flinging balls for touchdowns!

Baskets! They sh**t baskets, Stop! Guys, listen, you've been having this argument since the day you both started teaching here, We are one school, one student body, one faculty! Can we not agree on that?

So, Coach, how's the team lookin'?

Troy got 'em whipped into shape? Oh!

West High Knights have knocked us out of the playoffs three years running, and now we are one game away from taking that championship back from 'em! lt's time to make our stand, The team is you, You are the team, And this team does not exist unless each and every one of you is fully focused on our goal, Am l clear?

Hey, what team?! Wildcats!

What team? Wildcats!

What team? Wildcats!

We've never made it past the first round of the scholastic decathlon, You could be our answered prayer, l'm focusing on my studies this semester, and help my mom get the new house organized, Maybe next year, What do you know about Troy Bolton? Troy? Hmm, l'm not an expert on that particular sub-species, however, unless you speak cheerleader, as in, ''Oh, my gosh! lsn't Troy Bolton just the hottie super-bum?''

Oh, he's so beautiful, See what l mean? l don't know how to speak cheerleader, We exist in an alternate universe to Troy the basketball boy, Have you tried to get to know him?

Watch how it works tomorrow when you have lunch with us, Unless you'd rather sit with the cheerleaders and discuss firm nail beds, My nail beds are history, Sister!

Still don't understand this detention thing, lt was my fault, Sorry, Dad, Cross court, Darbus will take any opportunity to bust my chops, That includes yours too, Hey, Dad?

Did you ever want to try something new, but were afraid of what your friends think?

Like, going left? You're doing fine, Well... no, l mean, what if you wanna try something really new and it's a total disaster and all your friends laugh at you, Maybe they're not your friends, That was my whole point about team today, You gotta look out for each other, You're the leader, There's gonna be college scouts at our game next week, Know what a scholarship is worth these days?

A lot, Yeah, Focus, Troy, come on,

Just something for you,

l expect we all learned our homeroom manners yesterday, people, correct? lf not, we have some dressing rooms that need painting, Now, a few announcements, This morning during free period will be your chance for the musicale auditions, both single and pairs, l will be in the theater until noon for those of you bold enough to extend the wingspan of your creative spirit, When's she due back on the mother ship?

Discussing the importance of Shakespeare...

What's up, man? What's up?

The team's hitting the gym during free period, What should we run? l can't make it, l gotta catch up on some homework, What? Hello, it's only the second day back, l'm not even behind on homework yet, And l've been behind on homework since preschool, That's hilarious, l'll catch you later, Homework? There's no way,

How's it going? Just hanging out?

Good to see you, What's he doing?

How's it going, man?

Short-cut, l'm late for class,

That's good, just leave it here,

This is where the true expression of the artist is realized, Where inner truth is revealed through the actor's journey...

Was that a cell phone? ls it mine?

No, ma'am, That was the warning bell, Ah!

Those wishing to audition must understand that time is of the essence, We have many roles to cast and final callbacks will be next week, First, you will sing a few bars and l will give you a sense of whether or not the theater is your calling, Better to hear it from me now than from your friends later, Our composer, Kelsi Nielson, will accompany you and be available for rehearsals prior to callbacks, Shall we? lt's hard to believe that l couldn't see That you were always right beside me This feeling like no other l want you to know Uh-huh, Yes, thank you, Next! lt's hard to believe That l couldn't sneeze... see That you were always right there next to beside me Alan, l admire your pluck, As to your singing... ...like no other That's a wonderful tie you're wearing, Next! lt's hard to believe that l couldn't see That you were always there beside me This feeling's like no other l want you to know Uh... stop, so lonely before l finally found What l've been looking...

...for

Ah... Cindra, What courage to pursue a note that has not been accessed in the natural world, Bravo! Brava!

Perhaps the spring musicale,

- lt's hard to believe that l could not see Can't see

- That you were right beside me Beside me

- Thought l was alone Alone

- With no one to hold To hold

- But you were right beside me Beside me

Well, that was just...

...very disturbing, Go see a counselor, Uhh, Next!

Hey!

So you decided to sign up for something?

Uh... No, You? No, Um... why are you hiding behind a mop?

Your friends don't know you're here, right?

Right,

Thank you, Next, Miss Darbus is a little... harsh, The Wildcat superstar's afraid? No! l'm not afraid, l... l'm just... scared, Me too... usually, And for the lead roles of Minnie and Arnold we only have one couple signed up, Sharpay and Ryan, l think it might be useful for you to give us a sense of why we gather in this hallowed hall,

What key?

Oh, we had our rehearsal pianist do an arrangement, Oh,

Go!

"What I've Been Looking For" lt's hard to believe that l couldn't see You were always there beside me Thought l was alone with no one to hold But you were always right beside me

- This feeling's like no other l want you to know l've never had someone that knows me like you do The way you do l've never had someone as good for me as you No one like you So lonely before l finally found What l've been looking for

So good to be seen, so good to be heard Don't have to say a word For so long l was lost, so good to be found l'm lovin' having you around This feeling's like no other l want you to know l've never had someone that knows me like you do The way you do l've never had someone as good for me as you No one like you So lonely before l finally found What l've been looking for Do-do-do Do do-do-do do-do Oh, whoa-oh-oh-oh Do-do-do-do Do do-do-do do-do Oh, whoa-oh-oh-oh

l told you not to do the jazz squares, lt's a crowd favorite, Everybody loves a good jazz square,

Well...

Are there any last-minute sign-ups?

Don't be discouraged, The theater club needs more than singers, lt needs fans too, Buy tickets!

Oh, actually, if you do the part with that particular song, l imagined it much slow... lf we do the part?

Kelsi, my sawed-off Sondheim, l've been in 17 school productions, How many of your compositions have been selected?

This would be the first, Which tells us what?

That l need to write you more solos? No, lt tells us that you do not offer direction, suggestion or commentary, And you should be thankful that me and Ryan can lift your music out of its obscurity, Are we clear? Yes, ma'am, l mean, Sharpay,

Nice talking to you, Any last-minute sign-ups?

We should go, No? Good, Done,

l'd like to audition, Miss Darbus, Timeliness means something in the world of theater, young lady, The individual auditions are long over and there are simply no other pairs, l'll sing with her,

Troy Bolton? Where is your sports posse or whatever it's called?

Team, Ah, But l'm here alone, Actually, l'm here to sing with her, Yes, well, we take these shows very seriously here at East High, l called for the pairs audition, and you didn't respond, Free period is now over, She has an amazing voice, Perhaps the next musicale,

So, you're a composer?

You wrote the song Ryan and Sharpay just sang?

And the entire show?

Well, that's really cool, l can't wait to hear the rest of the show, So, why are you so afraid of Ryan and Sharpay? l mean, it is your show, lt is? lsn't the composer of a show kind of like the playmaker in basketball?

Playmaker?

The one who makes everyone else look good, Without you there is no show, You're the playmaker here, Kelsi, l am?

Do you wanna hear how the duet's supposed to sound?

"What I've Been Looking For" REPRISE

lt's hard to believe that l couldn't see You were always there beside me Thought l was alone with no one to hold But you were always right beside me This feeling's like no other l want you to know That l've never had someone that knows me like you do The way you do And l've never had someone as good for me as you No one like you So lonely before l finally found What l've been looking for Ooh-ooh-ooh

Wow, That's nice, Bolton, Montez - you have a callback, Kelsi, give them the duet from the second act, Work on it with them, All right, lf you guys wanna rehearse, l'm usually here during free period and after school, and even sometimes during biology class, You can come and rehearse anytime, Or come to my house for breakfast, l have a piano, we can rehearse there, After school, before school - whatever works, After basketball class...

What?

Callback?! Aah!

''Callback for roles Arnold and Minnie next Thursday, 3:30pm, Ryan and Sharpay Evans, Gabriella Montez and Troy Bolton,'' ls this some kind of joke? They didn't even audition!

Maybe we're being punked? What?

Maybe we're being filmed right now, Maybe we'll get to meet Ashton!

Oh, shut up, Ryan!

What's wrong?

What?

How dare she sign up! l picked out the colors for my dressing room, She hasn't even asked our permission to join the drama club, Someone's gotta tell her the rules, Exactly, And what are the rules? Ohh!

"Stick to the Status Quo"

You can bet there's nothin' but net when l am in a zone and on a roll But l got a confession, my own secret obsession And it's making me lose control Everybody gather 'round lf Troy can tell his secret, then l can tell mine, l bake, What? l love to bake! Strudels, scones, even apple pandowdy, Not another sound Someday l hope to make the perfect cr�me br�l�e, No, no, no, no! No, no, no Stick to the stuff you know lf you wanna be cool follow one simple rule Don't mess with the flow no, no Stick to the status quo Look at me and what do you see? lntelligence beyond compare But inside l am stirring, something strange is occurring lt's a secret l need to share Open up, dig way down deep Hip-hop is my passion, l love to pop and lock and jam and break! ls that even legal?

Not another peep! lt's just dancing, l think it's cooler than homework, No, no, no, no! No, no, no Stick to the stuff you know lt is better by far to keep things as they are Don't mess with the flow, no, no Stick to the status quo Listen well, l'm ready to tell about a need that l cannot deny Dude, there's no explanation for this awesome sensation But l'm ready to let it fly Speak your mind and you'll be heard lf Troy wants to be a singer, then l'm coming clean, l play the cello! Awesome! What is it?

A saw! No, dude, it's like, a giant violin!

Not another word Do you have to wear a costume? Coat and tie, No, no, no, no! No, no, no Stick to the stuff you know lf you wanna be cool, follow one simple rule Don't mess with the flow, no, no Stick to the status quo No, no, no Stick to the stuff you know lt is better by far to keep things as they are Don't mess with the flow, no, no Stick to the status quo

This is not what l want This is not what l planned And l just gotta say l do not understand Something is really

- Something's not right Really wrong And we've gotta get things back where they belong

- We can do it Gotta play

- Stick with what you know We can do it

- Hip-hop hooray She has got to go

- We can do it Cr�me Br�l�e Keep your voice down low

- Not another peep No

- Not another word No

- Not another sound No Everybody quiet!

Why is everybody staring at you?

Not me, you, Because of the callbacks? l can't have people staring at me, l can't, No! No, no, no Stick to the stuff you know lf you want to be cool, follow one simple rule Don't mess with the flow, no, no Stick to the status quo No, no, no Stick to the stuff you know lt is better by far to keep things as they are Don't mess with the flow, no, no Stick to the status stick to the status Stick to the status quo

Aah! l am so sorry,

You do not want to get into that, man, Too much drama, Yeah, What is going on here?

Look at this! That Gabriella girl just dumped her lunch on me!

On purpose! lt's all part of their plan to ruin our musical, And Troy and his basketball robots are obviously behind it, Why do you think he auditioned?

After all the hard work you've put into this show, lt just doesn't seem right,

What's up? What's up? Oh, let's see...

You missed free-period workout to audition for a heinous musical, And now suddenly people are confessing, Yeah, and Zeke, Zeke is baking... cr�me br�l�e, What's that?

Oh, a creamy custard with a caramelized surface, lt's really satisfying, Shut up, Zeke!

Look... do you see what's happening here, man?

Our team is coming apart because of your singing thing, Even the drama geeks and the brainiacs suddenly think that they can...

...talk to us, Look, the skater dudes are mingling, Yo!

Suddenly people think that they can do other stuff, Stuff that's not their stuff, You're thinking about show tunes, when we've got a playoff game next week,

Whoa!

Whoa!

Ooh! Head's up!

All right, Cards on the table right now, Huh?

You're tweaked because l put your stars in detention and now you're getting even, What are you talking about, Darbus?

Your all-star son turned up at my audition, Now, l give every student an even chance, which is a long and honorable tradition in the theater, Something that you wouldn't understand, But, if he is planning some sort of practical joke in my chapel of the arts...

Troy doesn't even sing, Oh, well, you're wrong about that, But l will not allow my Twinkle Town musicale to be made into farce, Twinkle Town? See? l knew it!

Hey... l knew it!

Sounds like a winner, Good luck on Broadway!

ls Sharpay really, really mad at me? l said l was sorry, Look, no one has beaten out Sharpay for a musical since kindergarten, l wasn't trying to b*at anyone out, We didn't even audition, we were just singing, You won't convince Sharpay of that, lf that girl could play both Romeo and Juliet, her own brother would be aced out, l told you it just happened, but l liked it, A lot, Did you ever feel like there's a whole other person inside you just looking for a way to come out?

Not really, No,

Let's go,

Hey, Sharpay, l thought since Troy Bolton's gonna be in your show...

Troy Bolton is not in my show, OK, um... well, l thought maybe you could watch me play ball sometime, l'd rather stick pins in my eyes, Wouldn't that be awfully uncomfortable?

Evaporate, tall person!

l bake! lf that helps,

Wow! lt's like a jungle up here, Yeah, just like that cafeteria, Well, l just humiliated myself into the next century, No! Come on, So this is your private hideout?

Yeah, Thanks to the science club, Which means my buddies don't know it exists, You pretty much have the school wired, don't you, Troy?

Seems to me like everyone on campus wants to be your friend, Unless we lose, Well, l'm sure it's tricky being the coach's son, Makes me practice a little harder, l guess, l don't know what he'll say about the singing, You worried? My parents friends are always saying, ''Your son's the basketball guy, You must be so proud,''

Sometimes l don't wanna be the ''basketball guy,'' l just wanna be a guy, You know? l saw the way you treated Kelsi at the audition yesterday, Do your friends know that guy?

To them, l'm the playmaker dude, They don't know enough about you, Troy, At my other schools l was the freaky math girl, lt's cool coming here and being... anyone l wanna be, When l was singing with you l just felt like... a girl, You even look like one, too,

Remember in kindergarten how you'd meet a kid and know nothing about them, then ten seconds later you play like you're best friends because you didn't have to be anything but yourself, Yeah, Singing with you felt like that, Well, uh... l never thought about singing, That's for sure, Till you, So you really wanna do the callbacks?

Hey, just call me freaky callback boy,

You're a cool guy, Troy, But not for the reasons your friends think, And thanks for showing me your top-secret hiding place, Like kindergarten,

We're soarin', we're flyin'...

Breaking...

Creating space between us...

There's not a star in heaven that we...

Flyin'

There's not a star in heaven that we...

Let's go, guys! Make it sharp! To the chest, come on! Pop it!

Come on, guys, Step with it! Let's go!

Come on, move it! Let's go!

Come on, guys, focus! Focus! Get your head in the game!

Move it!

You seen Troy? No... Coach, Again, let's go!

That's it, guys, Let's hit the showers, Good hustle, Let's see that in the game,

l, uh... think l'm gonna stay a while, Work on some free throws, Since you missed practice, l think your team deserves a little effort from you today,

Wow, So this is your real stage, Yeah, l guess you could call it that, Or just a smelly gym,

Whoa!

Don't tell me you're good at hoops, too, You know, l once scored 41 points at a league championship game, No way, Mm-hm, And the same day, l invented the space shuttle and microwave popcorn, Oh! Microwave popcorn, Ha-ha, Funny,

l've been rehearsing with Kelsi, Me, too, And, by the way, l missed practice, So if l get kicked off the team it'll be on your conscience, Hey, l wasn't the one who told you... Gabriella, chill, Hey, that's traveling, No, that's really bad traveling, Miss! l'm sorry, this is a closed practice, Dad, practice is over, Not till the last player leaves, Team rule, Oh, l'm sorry, sir, Dad, this is Gabriella Montez, Ah, your detention buddy,

l'll see you later, Troy, Nice meeting you, Coach Bolton, You as well, Miss Montez,

Dad, detention was my fault, not hers, You haven't missed practice in three years, That girl shows up...

That girl is named Gabriella, She's very nice, Helping you miss practice doesn't make her very nice, Not in my book, Or your team's, Dad, she's not a problem, She's just a girl, But you're not just a guy, Troy, You're the team leader, What you do effects not only this team, but the entire school, And without you completely focused, we're not gonna win next week, The championship games - they don't come along all the time, They're something special, Yeah, a lot of things are special, Dad, But you're a playmaker... not a singer, right?

Did you ever think maybe l could be both?

What? Let's go, What spell has this elevated-lQ temptress girl cast that suddenly makes you wanna be in musical?

Look, l just did it, Who cares?

Who cares? How about your most loyal best friend?

Quiet in here, Mr, Danforth, lt's him, Miss Falsaff, not me, Look, you're a hoops dude, not a musical singer person, Have you ever seen Michael Crawford on a cereal box?

Who's Michael Crawford? Exactly my point, He was the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, Now my mom, she's seen that musical 27 times, and put Michael Crawford's picture in our refrigerator, Yeah, not on it, in it, So my point is, if you play basketball, you're gonna end up on the cereal box, lf you're in musicals, you'll end up in my mom's refrigerator, Why in her refrigerator?

One of her crazy diet ideas, l won't attempt to understand the female mind, lt's foreign territory,

How can you expect the rest of us to be focused on a game if you're off somewhere in leotards singing ''Twinkle Town''?

No one said anything about leotards, Not yet, my friend, but just you wait, Look, we need you, Captain, Big time, Mr, Danforth, l tried to tell him, Miss Falsaff, Really tried,

Something isn't right,

Hey, look, We need to talk, Go, They must be trying to figure out a way to make sure Troy and Gabriella b*at us out, The jocks rule most of the school, but if they get Troy into a musical, then they've conquered the entire student body, And if those science girls get Gabriella hooked up with Troy Bolton, the scholastic club goes from drool to cool, Ryan, we need to save our show from people who don't know the difference between a Tony Award and Tony Hawk, Do you think that'll work? lt's the only way to save Troy and Gabriella from themselves, So we on? Yeah, Good, So we start tomorrow then, OK, the first thing, Nice, Let's go, Cool,

So, my watch is 7:45 Mountain Standard time, We synched?

Whatever, Then we're on go mode for lunch, 12:05, Yes, Chad, we're a go, But we're not Charlie's Angels, OK? l can dream, can't l?

''Spider'' Bill Netrine, class of '72, He was the MVP in the league championship game, Sam Nedler, class of '02, Also known as ''Sammy Slamma Jamma,''

Captain, MVP of the league championship team, The ''Thunder Clap,'' Hap Hadden, '95, Led the Wildcats to back-to-back city championships, A legend, Yes, Legends, one and all, But do you think that any of these Wildcat legends became legends by getting involved in musical auditions days before the league championships?

Get your head in the game! No, These Wildcat legends became legends because they never took their eye off the prize, Get your head in the game!

Who was the first sophomore ever to make starting varsity?

Troy! Who voted him team captain this year?

Us! And who is gonna get their butts kicked in Friday's championship game if Troy's worried about an audition?

We are, Guys, come on, There's 12 people on this team, not just me, Just 12? Oh, no, l think you're forgetting about one very important 13th member of our squad,

My dad, Yes, Troy, Wildcat basketball champion, class of 1981, Champion, father, and now coach, lt's a winning tradition like no other, From lowly Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon, to early warriors, medieval knights, All leading up to...

...lunkhead basketball man, Yes, our culture worshiped the aggressor throughout the ages and we end up with spoiled, overpaid bonehead athletes who contribute little to civilization other than slam dunks and touchdowns, That is the inevitable world of Troy Bolton, But the path of the mind, the path we're on, ours is the path that has brought us these people:

Eleanor Roosevelt, Frida Kahlo, Sandra Day O'Connor, Madame Curie, Jane Goodall, Oprah Winfrey and so many others who the world reveres, Uh, but, what is...? l've got Kelsi waiting for me to rehearse, Gabriella!

Troy Bolton represents one side of evolution, And our side, the side of education and accomplishment is the future of civilization!

This is the side where you belong, Guys, if you don't know that l'll put a 110% of my guts into that game, then you don't know me, But we just thought... l'll tell you what l thought, l thought that you're my friends, Win together, lose together, teammates, But suddenly the girl... and the singing, Man, l'm for the team! l've always been for the team, She's just someone l met, All right the singing thing is nothing. A way to keep my nerves down.

It means nothing to me. You're my guys and this is our team.

Gabriella is not important.

I'll forget about her, forget the audition and we'll get that championship.

Everyone happy now?

Behold lunkhead basketball man,

So, Gabriella, we'd love to have you for the scholastic decathlon, Did you wanna grab some lunch?

Well, we'll be there if you wanna come,

Whoo!

Let's go! Go, Wildcats!

Everybody sing out Wildcats everywhere wave your hands up in the air That's the way we do it let's get to it, time to show the world Wildcats, sing along, they really get it going' on Wildcats in the house everybody sing out Wildcats everywhere, wave your hands up in the air...

"When There Was Me And You" lt's funny when you find yourself Looking from the outside l'm standing here but all l want is to be over there Why did l let myself believe Miracles could happen?

'Cause now l have to pretend that l don't really care l thought you were my fairy tale A dream when l'm not sleeping A wish upon a star that's coming true But everybody else could tell That l confused my feelings with the truth

When there was me and you l swore l knew the melody that l heard you singing And when you smiled you made me feel like l could sing along But then you went and changed the words Now my heart is empty l'm only left with used-to-bes and once upon a song Now l know your not a fairy tale And dreams were meant for sleeping And wishes on a star just don't come true

'Cause now even l can tell That l confused my feelings with the truth

'Cause l liked the view When there was me and you l can't believe that l could be so blind lt's like you were floating while l was falling And l didn't mind

Because l liked the view, ooh ooh, ooh, ooh l thought you felt it too When there was me and you

Hey, how you doin'? l wanna talk to you about something, And here it is: l know what it's like to carry a load with your friends, l get it, You've got your boys, Troy, lt's OK, So we're good, Good about what? l wanna talk about the final callbacks, l don't wanna do the callbacks either, Who are we trying to kid? You've got your team and l've got mine, l'll do the scholastic decathlon and you'll win the championships, lt's where we belong, Go, Wildcats, But l...

Me neither,

Gabriella?

Go Wildcats!

Hey, Captain!

What's with Troy? Don't worry about it,

Oh, hey!

Troy! Hey, Hey, Troy!

Hey, um...

We just had another team meeting, Oh... wonderful, We had a team meeting about how we haven't been acting like a team, l mean us, not you, About the singing thing... l don't even wanna talk about it, We just want you to know that we're gonna be there, Cheering for you, Huh? lf singing is what you wanna do, we should boost you up, not tear you down, Yeah, Win or lose, we're teammates, That's what we're about, Even if you turn out to be the worst singer in the world, Which we don't know, because we haven't heard you sing, You're not gonna hear me sing, guys, Because Gabriella won't even talk to me...

...and l don't know why,

We do, l baked these fresh today, You'll probably want to try one before we tell you the rest, Gabriella, we were jerks, No, we were worse than jerks because we were mean jerks, We thought Troy and the whole singing thing was k*lling our chances of having you on the scholastic decathlon team, l heard what he had to say, l'm on your team now, Done, No, not done, We knew that Chad could get Troy to say things to make you want to forget about the callbacks, We planned it, and we're embarrassed and sorry, No one forced Troy to say anything, And you know what? lt's OK, We should prepare for the decathlon, it's time to move on, No, it's not OK, The decathlon is whatever, but how you feel about us, and even more, Troy - that's what really matters,

We tried,

Hi, uh... Just came to say l'm sorry, Hi, Miss Montez, l'm Troy Bolton, Oh, Troy!

No, Um... Gabriella is kind of busy with homework, so now's not a good time, l made a mistake, Miss Montez, and l would really like to let Gabriella know that, Could you tell her l came by to see her? l will... Troy, Good night, Good night, Thank you,

Hello? What you heard, none of that is true, l was sick of my friends riding me, so l said things to shut them up, l didn't mean any of it, You sounded pretty convincing to me.

The guy you met on vacation is more me than the guy who said those stupid things, The whole singing thing is making the school whack, You said so yourself, Everyone's treating you differently because of it, Maybe because I don't wanna only be the basketball guy.

They can't handle it. That's not my problem, it's theirs.

How about your dad? And it's not about my dad.

This is about how I feel, and I'm not letting the team down.

They let me down.

So I'm gonna sing. What about you? l don't know, Troy, Well, you need to say yes.

Because I brought you something.

What do you mean?

Turn around.

This could be the start of something new lt feels so right to be here with you Oh And now lookin' in your eyes l feel in my heart The start of something...

...new

lt's a pairs audition,

Whoo, Yeah!

Zn4, and by doing that, you end up with two...

...and two, Got it?

Yes!

What's happening?

Come here, Go ahead and put five grams of this in, and that causes it to change from an acidic state, Causing the color to change from pink to blue, Just like those pH strips, Oh, gotta go, See you guys later!

Whoa!

You're late!

...strength to believe We're soarin'

Flyin'

There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach Bop bop bop... lf we're tryin'

Yeah, we're breakin' free Wow, They sound good,

Like a wave the ocean just...

We have to do something, OK, our callbacks on Thursday and the basketball game and scholastic decathlon are on Friday, Too bad all these events weren't happening on the same day...

...at the same time, That wouldn't work out because then Troy and Gabriella wouldn't be able to make...

l'm proud to call you my sister, l know, l don't want to hear any more about Troy and that Montez girl, So, if you're telling me as co-presidents of the drama club that changing the callbacks would be what's best for our theater program, l might actually agree with you,

ls that a yes?

Bop bop bop, up to the top And wipe away your inhibitions Stomp, stomp, stomp do the romp and strut your stuff Bop bop bop, straight to the top...

No problem at all, lt was crazy, man,

Callbacks the same time as the game?

And the scholastic decathlon, Why would they do that? l smell a rat named Darbus, l think two rats, neither named Darbus, Do you know something about this, small person?

Miss Darbus thinks she's protecting the show, but Ryan and Sharpay are only concerned with protecting themselves, Do you know what l'll do to those two show dogs?

Nothing, We're not gonna do anything to them, Except to sing, maybe, Now this is only gonna happen if we all work together, Now who's in? You know l'm in,

A pi pie, Oh, my goodness! Oh, my gosh!

What? Thank you!

Oh, we have something for you too, Yeah, come here, look, Ta-da!

Oh... it's an equation,

Oh!

That's awful!

Stay right there, Watch, From our team, to yours, G - O - D - R - A - M - A- C- L - U - B Exclamation point, Well, seems we Wildcats are in for an interesting afternoon, Go, G-O-D... dra,, Go dra... Go dray...

Ugh! Drame?

How you feeling?

Nervous, Yeah, me too, Wish l could suit up and play with you, Hey, you had your turn,

You know what l want from you today?

The championship, Well, that'll come or it won't, What l want is for you to have fun, l know all about the pressure, Probably too much of it has come from me, What l really want is to see my son having the time of his life playing the game we both love, You give me that, and l will sleep with a smile on my face no matter what the score,

Thanks, Coach... uh...

...Dad,

Welcome to the tenth annual Scholastic Decathlon.

The East High Wildcats versus the West High Knights.

Hello! Right here, right here,

Mah, mah, mah! Mah, mah, mah!

Eeh! Eeh! Ow! Ow!

Stop!

l trust you, Energy,

Whoo! Come on, let's do it,

And now introducing your East High Wildcats!

Let's go! Go!

...for this championship game between East High and West High!

Casting the leads of a show is both a challenge and a responsibility, A joy and a burden, l commend you and all other young artists to hold out for the moon, the sun and the stars, Shall we soar together?

Sharpay and Ryan!

"Bop to the Top"

l believe in dreamin', sh**t' for the stars Baby to be number one you've got to raise the bar Kickin' and a scratchin', grindin' out my best Anything it takes to climb the ladder of success Work our tails off every day Gotta bump the competition blow them all away

Yeah we're gonna Bop, bop, bop bop to the top Slip and slide and ride that rhythm Jump and hop hop till we drop And start again Zip zap zop pop like a mop Scoot around the corner Move it to the groove till the music stops Do the bop bop, bop to the top Don't ever stop bop to the top Gimme, gimme, shimmy, shimmy Wildcats!

...the coveted championship trophy!

East High wins the opening too, pushing the ball up the court.

East High, We did it!

Great job!

Shake some booty and turn around Flash a smile in their direction Show some muscle Do the Hustle

All right, Wildcats, time for an orderly exit from the gym,

And West High pushes the ball around the perimeter on the offensive end.

Nice ball movement by West High.

Driving the lane... sh*t is up and...

We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties,

We've got a timeout on the court here.

We have a problem, Stop the game, Stop the game, Referee has signaled timeout.

Everyone please remain calm.

Go, go, go, go,

We'll get this figured out real soon, ln the meantime, per safety regulations, we need to all make an orderly exit from the gym, please, Thank you, Yeah, we're gonna bop, bop, bop Bop to the top Wipe away your inhibitions Stump, stump, stump do the romp And strut your stuff Bop, bop, bop straight to the top Going for the glory We'll keep stepping up and we just won't stop, stop Till we reach the top Bop to the top

Oh, hi! Call me, Do you see why we love the theater, people? Well done!

Ah, Troy Bolton, Gabriella Montez, Troy? Gabriella?

They'll be here, The theater, as l have often pointed out, waits for no one, l'm sorry, Well, we are done here, Congratulations to all, The cast list will be posted, Wait! Miss Darbus, wait!

We're ready, we can sing, l called your names, twice, Miss Darbus, please! Please! Rules are rules!

We'll be happy to do it again for our fellow students, l don't know what's going on here, but in any event, it's far too late and we have not got a pianist, Well, that's show biz, We'll sing without a piano, Oh, no, you won't, Pianist here, Miss Darbus, You really don't wanna do that, Oh, yes, l really do, Ready on stage, Now that's show biz,

l can't do it, Troy, not with all these people staring at me, Hey, hey, look at me, right at me, Right at me, Like the first time we sang together, Remember?

Like kindergarten,

"Breaking Free"

We're soarin', flyin'

There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach lf we're trying so we're breaking free

You know the world can see us ln a way that's different than who we are Creating space between us till we're separate hearts

But your faith it gives me strength strength to believe

- We're breakin' free We're soarin'

Flyin'

There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach lf we're tryin'

Yeah, we're breakin' free

- Oh, we're breakin' free Oh Can you feel it building Like a wave the ocean just can't control Connected by a feeling Ooh, in our very soul Very soul, ooh Rising till it lifts us up so everyone can see We're breakin' free

- We're soarin' Flyin'

There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach

- lf we're trying Yeah, we're breaking free

- Oh, we're breakin' free Ooh!

- Runnin' Climbin'

To get to that place to be all that we can be Now's the time So we're breaking free

- We're breaking free Ooh, yeah More than hope, more than faith This is true, this is fate And together we see it comin'

More than you, more than me Not a want, but a need Both of us breakin' free

- Soarin' Flyin'

There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach lf we're tryin'

Yeah, we're breaking free Breaking free

- We're runnin' Ooh, climbin'

To get to the place to be all that we can be

- Now's the time Now's the time We're breaking free Oh, we're breaking free Oh You know the world can see us ln a way that's different than who we are

Whoo!

That's amazing! Amazing, yeah!

And West High pushin' the ball.

Fast break. Looking for an open man.

Oh, but it's stolen by number 14 heading back the other way!

East High has the ball! Time is running down on the clock!

Looking for an open man.

Fake. Swing to the outside. Ball in the perimeter.

Looks for a man in the inside. Nice screen.

sh*t's up! And it's good!

A 12-foot jump sh*t as time expires for the victory!

East High has won the championship! Your East High Wildcats are champions!

Congratulations, East High!

Troy! Troy! Troy!

Congratulations, Thanks, Coming through! Coming through! Coming through!

What team? Wildcats!

What team? Wildcats!

What team? Wildcats!

Oh, yeah, bro! l'm proud of you, son! Aw, thanks, Dad!

Bravo! Brava!

Troy, you're the man! No, you!

Congratulations, Wildcat! What about your team?

We won too!

Yo! Team voted you the game ball, Captain!

Yeah, thank you, Thanks a lot, So... you're going with me to the after-party, right?

Like on a date? Must be your lucky day, Chad just asked me out, Well, congratulations, l'll be the understudy in case you can't make a show, so...

...break a leg, ln theater that means good luck, Hey, Sharpay, l'm sorry you didn't get the lead, but l think you're really good, l admire you so much, And, why wouldn't you? Now, bye-bye, Wait, l baked you some cookies, Ew, Nice game, Thanks, Composer, here's your game ball, You deserve it, playmaker, Yeah!

Whoo, that's what l'm talkin' about,

"We're All In This Together"

Here we go!

Together, together, together everyone Together, together, come on, let's have some fun Together, were there for each other every time Together, together come on, let's do this right Here and now it's time for celebration l finally figured out Yeah, yeah That all our dreams have no limitations

- That's what it's all about Come on, now Everyone is special in their own way

- We make each other strong Each other strong Were not the same, we're different in a good way Together's where we belong We're all in this together Once we know that we are we're all stars and we see that We're all in this together And it shows when we stand hand in hand Make our dreams come true Everybody now Together, together together, everyone Together, together come on, let's have some fun Together, we're there for each other every time Together, together come on, let's do this right We're all here and speaking out with one voice We're gonna rock the house, yeah, yeah The party's on, now everybody make some noise Come on, scream and shout We've arrived because we stuck together Champions one and all We're all in this together Once we know that we are we're all stars And we see that we're all in this together And it shows when we stand hand in hand Make our dreams come We're all in this together When we reach, we can fly know inside We can make it We're all in his together Once we see there's a chance that we have and we take it Wildcats sing along Yeah, you really got it goin' on Wildcats in the house Everybody say it now Wildcats everywhere wave your hands up in the air That's the way we do it let's get to it Time to show the world

Hey!

Ho!

Hey! Ho! All right, here we go!

We're all in this together Once we know that we are we're all stars and we see that We're all in this together And it shows when we stand hand in hand Make our dreams come true We're all in this together When we reach, we can fly know inside we can make it We're all in this together Once we see there's a chance that we have and we take it Wildcats everywhere wave your hands up in the air That's the way we do it let's get to it Come on, everyone!

Yeah!

Whoo, Whoo!

Yeah! Go,

Whoo,

Wildcats sing along They really got it goin' on Wildcats in the house Everybody sing out Wildcats everywhere, wave your hands up in the air That's the way we do it, let's get to it Time to show the world Wildcats sing along Yeah, you really got it goin' on Wildcats in the house Everybody say it now Wildcats everywhere, wave your hands up in the air That's the way we do it, let's get to it Time to show...

These cookies are genius!

The best things l've ever tasted!

Will you make some more for me, Zeke?

l might even make you a crime brulie,