08x14 - Misere

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Blacklist". Aired September 2013 - current.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Former government agent Raymond "Red" Reddington (James Spader) has eluded capture for decades. But he suddenly surrenders to the FBI with an offer to help catch a t*rror1st under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth "Liz" Keen (Megan Boone), a young FBI profiler who's just barely out of Quantico.

08x14 - Misere

Post by bunniefuu »

THREE MONTHS AGO

♪♪

SKIP: You okay?

Mm.

Haven’t slept all night.

Did you connect with Esi?

I did. Uh, good news and bad news. Good news is Esi made contact with the Fribourg Confidence. They’ve agreed to extract the drive from Reddington’s safe deposit box at Key Atlantic.

Once they get the drive, have Esi deliver it to Cooper. If the intel on that drive can help prove Reddington is N-13, Cooper should know. And the bad news?

72 hours ago, you were an FBI agent. Now you’re on the run from the very same people you used to work for. What exactly is our plan?

We see Mr. French.

I don’t know who that is.

My mother spent almost 30 years running from Neville Townsend. The only way she survived was through a network of resources that Mr. French helped her build. He was her guardian angel. I found his contact in her personal effects. He says he can help.

So we’re not starting flat-footed.

[CHUCKLING] No. We’re starting with one of the men my mother trusted the most.

OSLO, NORWAY

AUTOMATED VOICE: Please leave a message.

[BEEP]

Voicemail.

[BEEP]

♪♪

Maybe he’s at the airport.

He said meet him at his apartment. Call him when we were down here, and he would come meet us.

So what do you wanna do?

♪♪

[GASPS]

Something’s happened. Follow me.

♪♪

Two weeks ago, Phillip went to Stockholm on business. Said he’d be two days. Two days passed, and he never returned. I called. No response. A few days later, Phillip phoned. He said he was in Washington. He said something had happened and that it wasn’t safe for me in the house. He told me there was a key taped to the bottom of his printer. It unlocked this apartment, which I didn’t even know he had. The only thing Phillip would say about his situation was that the daughter of a client was in trouble. I assume you’re the daughter.

Mrs. French, your husband, what did he tell you he does for a living?

Phillip was a recruiter for a data-management firm, but that was a lie, too, wasn’t it?

I’m afraid so.

Do you believe he’s alive?

I have no idea.

Reddington’s behind this. He’s not satisfied k*lling my mother. He has to make sure I have no access to any of her resources.

O-Okay. Slow down. W-We have money.

We need more than money, Skip. We need assets. Mr. French was gonna introduce me to the people my mother trusted. This woman doesn’t know anything.

Yeah, but w-we know nothing about her.

We know she’s scared and can’t go home. Which is why we’re not going to abandon her.

LIZ: Here’s my number. If you hear from your husband, if he reaches out, if you need anything at all. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I am on your husband’s side.

Where will you go?

I don’t know. But what I do know is I’m gonna do everything in my power to get your husband back and to keep you safe.

Mom, I’m tired.

I know, honey. We’re gonna go soon.

Why don’t you stay here?

Oh, we…

There’s plenty of room. You and Agnes can take the room upstairs. Your… Your friend can have the sofa. Unless you have some place else to go.

That’s very kind of you. We’re gonna stay with our friend, Agnes.

Can you read me a story?

Oh, I can’t, honey. We didn’t bring any of our books.

What if I tell you a story?

What kind of story?

A funny one. About a girl and her friend and the sleepover they have in a strawberry cake factory.

That sounds awesome!

I’ll get your pajamas.

Come.

Thank you.

♪♪

[SLEEPILY] I wish you were here.

FEMALE VOICE: I’m always here for you, dearie.

♪♪

This is the last thing I ever wanted for you. I could’ve stopped him, and I didn’t. I failed you.

You protected me.

♪ …dveri ♪

♪♪

♪ Tili-tili-bom ♪

♪ Krichit nochnaya ptitsa ♪

I can’t do this alone.

I know that. It’s why you’ve been thinking of asking for help, about turning to him. You’re a smart woman, Elizabeth. Which is why this next part will be so painful. But if you’ve learned anything from my mistakes, it’s that you can’t show weakness. You have to fight like Reddington, be every bit as fierce and cross whatever line it takes.

What are you saying?

I’m saying you know what you have to do. Listen to your heart.

♪ Tili-tili-bom ♪

The enemy of your enemy… is your friend.

♪ Pritailsya za uglom ♪

♪ I pronzayet vzglyadom ♪

[SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC PLAYS]

♪♪

Skip. Wake up!

What? What?

I know what we gotta do.

Yeah, you mean sleep?

We’re gonna take down Reddington by teaming up with the man he hates the most.

This is insane. Neville Townsend spent 30 years trying to hunt and k*ll your mother. Now… Now you want him to be our partner?

We have a common enemy.

Yeah, Townsend doesn’t know that Reddington’s N-13, okay? He thinks your mother’s the one that betrayed him, and he thinks she’s dead. Why poke the bear?

Because if he knew the truth, if he knew that Reddington k*lled his family and framed my mother, he’d hate him as much as I do. Neville Townsend’s the one man other than Reddington who has the power and resources to really see this through.

Even if I agreed to this… idea, we have no idea how to find him?

His wife and children are dead, but not his sister. Her name is Mary Bremmer. She’s one of the very few people in Townsend’s life that my mother was able to identify. If we could get to her, if we could win her trust, she might be able to put us in touch with Townsend.

You really need to go back to bed.

Skip, I know how to make this work. Ask me how we recruit her.

I’m not gonna ask you that. [GRUNTS]

♪♪

How do we recruit her?

With the help of criminals. And I know a lot of criminals. Before we do anything, we need a network in place.

So, how long did you serve?

Two tours. Went private after that.

We start with protection. People we vet.

And you ran reconnaissance planes?

As well as security detail. Sort of go where I’m needed.

And at the same time, we need papers. All of us. Identities with backgrounds, travel histories, tax records, the works.

♪ I need a hit ♪

Okay, wait. Go back to Townsend. You said we get to him through his sister. How the hell is that supposed to work?

Well, first, we have to find her. There’s a bounty hunter out of Bosnia, Adin Markovic. He’s supposed to be the best of the best. We find him, then he finds Bremmer.

He hopes you’re happy with the results and would like to discuss his payment.

SKIP: Liz, Bremmer’s a chemical-weapons dealer. She doesn’t trust anyone. Why would she trust, let alone agree, to help us?

She won’t. Which is why we have to earn her trust. I was thinking of saving her life.

Is it in jeopardy?

Not that I know of, but it will be. What do you know about Alban Veseli, The Freelancer? He’s the first criminal our Task Force put away. He’s been rotting in a hole for seven years.

Seven years ago, Veseli derailed a passenger train by making it hit a curve too fast.

I thought we’d use some of Reddington’s money, hire him a new lawyer, someone we own.

Who the hell are you?

I don’t think you got a fair trial.

LIZ: The lawyer files an appeal, claims that the court violated his client’s 6th Amendment right to confront his accuser, who just so happens to be the FBI’s confidential source, Raymond Reddington.

You’re telling me the United States Government is willingly in business with Raymond Reddington?

SKIP: Okay, but the Feds are never gonna put Reddington into a courtroom.

I’m a fugitive, so I’m not gonna show up in court, either.

I ordered Agent Keen to appear. She didn’t.

So, if the case agent doesn’t show and the confidential source doesn’t show, the judge would be… Well, to say the least, he’d be concerned.

JUDGE VELCHEK: Oh, I’m not concerned. I’m offended. I’m granting the defendant’s motion to withdraw his guilty plea, and I am forced to dismiss the charges against him.

Don’t do this.

You want to release a mass m*rder*r in exchange for what?

Miss Keen arranged for your release because she requires your services.

What does she need me to do?

I want him to k*ll Mary Bremmer.

So you can save her.

We get The Freelancer out of jail. In exchange, he goes after Bremmer.

He’s never gonna k*ll Bremmer because we’re gonna grab her.

I like it. Except you told me that The Freelancer hides his assassinations by masking them as mass-casualty accidents.

There are 162 passengers on board, and he’ll k*ll everyone.

Wait. I thought The Freelancer was going after Reddington.

I’m gonna backchannel information through the Task Force and make sure no one gets hurt and The Freelancer goes back to prison where he belongs.

Go back to Bremmer. You pull her off the street, that woman ain’t gonna be happy.

I want to talk to her! Do you hear me?!

After I explain to her that I not only saved her life, plucked her out of the arms of the awaiting FBI, she might change her tune.

Mary. My people didn’t grab you to hurt you. They grabbed you in an effort to save your life.

In fact, she may even thank me by offering to make an introduction to her brother, Neville Townsend.

Bremmer says she’s thought about it. She’s willing to reach out to her brother, see if she can make an introduction.

[STATIC]

♪♪

Well, Miss… Keen. This is certainly unprecedented. Where’s Mary?

In FBI custody.

She took her, what, to hurt me?

Talk to me, Neville. I’m right here. I’m looking right at you.

Why did you take my sister?

Because I had no way to reach you. Taking your sister forced her to make contact, to negotiate her safe return… and to get this face-to-face meeting with you. I had nothing to do with today’s capture.

No? You’re an FBI agent.

Not anymore, I’m not. The FBI can’t help me. You can.

♪♪

KAPLAN: You’re doing well, Elizabeth. Stay strong. He’ll say yes.

I don’t know if I can do this. This animal hunted my mother.

Of course you can. You know that. What you don’t know is how ugly he really is. How vicious he can be. He’ll want to know you’re capable of doing what needs to get done. He’ll want to test you.

What do you mean, test?

What you’ve done, coming here like this, it’s so audacious. But if I were to even consider an alliance, I’d need to know, w-without question, that I can trust you.

You can trust me.

I hope so. Which is why I’m going to give you an opportunity to prove it.

What do you mean?

It means you’re going to earn my trust by k*lling my sister.

I just saved your sister. I’m not a m*rder*r.

She knows too much. She’s made herself a liability.

She’s your sister.

You can’t b*at Reddington without me. That’s why you’re here. You need me on your team. This is my price. Are you willing to pay it?

♪♪

KAPLAN: You have to do it.

I…

Reddington would in a heartbeat.

I can’t. I can’t.

He’d see it as nothing more than a transaction required to close a business relationship.

This is a woman’s life we’re talking about.

♪♪

KAPLAN: I know how difficult this is for you, but I also know what happens if you don’t see this through. I failed because I wasn’t willing to play by Raymond’s rules. You can’t make that same mistake. Dearie, you have to redefine who you are, what you are willing to become. If you have any hope of unseating Reddington, you’re going to have to become just as ruthless. So, either walk away now, or shove your feelings down and get it done with. Besides, she’s no angel. The woman brokers chemical weapons.

♪♪

So… what’s it gonna be?

♪♪

[EXHALES SHARPLY]

[KEYPAD BEEPING, DOOR UNLOCKS]

BREMMER: How did you get in here? What are we doing here? Does Neville have people on the way?

[CHOKING]

♪♪

[VOMITS]

♪♪

[PHONE BEEPS, SPEED-DIALING]

[LINE RINGING, CLICK]

It’s done.

TOWNSEND: What wonderful news. Nice work, Agent Keen. It looks like you’ve found yourself a partner in crime.

♪♪

LIZ: Reddington is N-13.

So you say.

He framed my mother.

An assertion I want to believe, but need to prove. Elizabeth, we are not going to k*ll him without asking questions first about the Archive, what he plans to do with it. That is something I need to fully understand.

How did it happen? Your family.

Let’s not do this.

Is it true that’s why you don’t sleep? What did Reddington do to you? I know the Vory ran dr*gs through your ports. I know you paid the KBG to look the other way.

Elizabeth.

I know the documents N-13 stole detailed that cover-up. But what happened when that was exposed? What on earth could they have possibly done to you?

♪♪

My ports lined the pockets of some very powerful Russians. When our business was exposed, they lost not only careers, but their fortunes. The Vory knew the authorities had reached out to me. They were pressuring me to testify against them in exchange for immunity.

They made an example of you.

By… subjecting me to a fate worse than death.

They went after your family.

I was… I was asleep for most of it.

♪♪

Woke to the sound of my wife whimpering. When I got downstairs, my eldest was already gone. My youngest, he… was taking his last breaths. Their mother had been forced to watch the whole ordeal. Then I was forced to watch them slaughter her.

♪♪

I spent 30 years believing the documents your mother stole sparked the fire that b*rned my life to the ground, and every KGB informant and asset I can buy believes the same thing. But if you’re right, if Reddington is N-13, I need him to confirm it. I need to know he has the Archive, what he intends to do with it. I need to know his endgame. I need to know… why my family had to die.

He won’t talk.

We will k*ll him, Elizabeth.

He’s not afraid of death.

Perhaps not, but he will talk.

So, we, what? Grab him?

You help lure him out. Through a friend, someone he trusts.

And then we talk.

And then… we k*ll him.

We’re gonna need a familiar face to gain access. I think I know just the guy.

RUDDIGER: We talked about this.

I know, Ruddiger, but things have changed.

Nothing has changed.

I have a partner.

My position hasn’t changed. Raymond is my friend. He’s like a brother. He has seen me through two wives and four stints in rehab. I will never betray him.

Hear me out.

I am leaving.

Just please… I should never have come. I’m only here ’cause you tricked me into coming.

Ruddiger, please.

Piss off.

Don’t go out that door!

It’s not just me. Red’s people are not for sale.

Elizabeth insisted on talking to you first. I don’t like talk.

No! Elizabeth, what have you done?! Tell him to stop it! Stop! Stop!

[GRUNTING]

♪♪

You’re going to call Reddington, and you’re going to set a meeting.

Let go!

You’re gonna do exactly as I say.

The hell I am!

I appreciate your dedication to your friend, but you’ve obviously never met my friend. Her name is Dr. Perillos. Doctor, our friend here seems to be something of a b*mb-maker. I think you should start with his fingers.

RUDDIGER: Oh, no. No. No! N-o-o-o-o!

♪♪

What the hell happened to your hand?

Oh, uh, car door. I was cooked. Nearly lost my pinky.

You gotta be careful, Max. I need you with all 10 digits. What did you find?

Ah, partial print on the Tamiya connector.

I’ll get it to Cvetko.

Who could do this, Raymond? Not Elizabeth, I’m sure.

♪♪

This is a mistake.

Don’t second-guess yourself.

I’m crossing lines I’m no longer comfortable with.

Yes, but you have to match his single-minded devotion. You’ll fail if you don’t.

♪♪

[CELLPHONE CLOSES]

You tell people you got it when you were 14. Why is that?

To hide the truth.

♪♪

Was he there that night?

You know that, dearie. Just like you know that that scar isn’t only part of your past. It’s the key to your future.

♪♪

What does that mean?

[TIRES SCREECH]

♪♪

[g*nf*re]

Raymond, go!

Go!

Go, go, go!

♪♪

[g*n COCKS]

Where is he?! Reddington!

I don’t know.

[g*n CLATTERS]

LIZ: Wait. Dembe? No.

It’s a transaction. It’s nothing more than a transaction.

He’s a friend.

VANDYKE: He’s a body man.

Dembe was never the target, and you know that.

Well, your other friend Ruddiger screwed up and we had to improvise, so put this on him.

Is he with Perillos?

That is not my business.

If Dembe Zuma is with that butcher, if she’s hurt him, so help me God…

He’s fine. Dembe’s fine.

What do you mean he’s fine? I was told Perillos was working on him.

She was. And she would have continued, had he not escaped.

He escaped. But… VanDyke told me Perillos… was with the subject. You wanted me to watch. Watch what?

Our new subject. The one who surrendered himself.

♪♪

RED: Not everything you thought it would be, is it? This moment? You’ve waited for it… and somehow, it’s… dissatisfying.

It actually exceeds expectation.

I wasn’t talking to you. We know who my assassin really is. Don’t we, Elizabeth? It saddens me to bear witness to this moment in your life, this crossing of a Rubicon from which you can never get back. It may appear self-serving to suggest that you instruct the good doctor to administer the antidote, but I strongly suggest that you do just that, because I’ve seen the other side of that river, and it’s a place I never, never wanted you to go. But perhaps you’re already there.

KAPLAN: Yes, Raymond. She’s already there. And she’s strong. And she’s ready for what comes next.

Reddington was wrong about you. We both were. He thought you hadn’t crossed the Rubicon. I was under the impression that you had.

Where is he?

You tell me. You tell me.

I have no idea.

You see this? This belongs to your pal, Ruddiger. A little reminder of what happens when you fail me.

I didn’t fail you. I’m the one who got you Reddington! You’re the one who lost him!

You came to me promising to make Reddington suffer.

I promised to give you the opportunity to k*ll him. You could’ve put a b*llet in his head. Instead, you put a needle in his arm, and you gave him the one thing you shouldn’t have… time… And he used it to get away.

I told you I wanted answers. I thought you understood what that entailed.

If you’re upset because I didn’t sit and watch you t*rture him, let me be clear. It sickens me. But I am doing it because I know more than anyone in the world that it has to be done.

There can be no space between what you want to happen and what you’re willing to do to make it happen.

♪♪

So you keep telling me.

♪♪

[CELLPHONE VIBRATES]

[BEEP]

RESSLER: Hey, Keen, it’s me. Look, we have Rakitin thanks to you and that flash drive you sent Cooper. If Reddington’s really N-13, we have a good chance of proving it. And if we can, maybe you can come home. That’s all I care about, Liz. I mean, no, maybe you can’t be an agent again, but at least you can get your life back. You and Agnes can be together. We got to talk, figure out how to end this. I’m gonna be at Bentham Park at midnight. Meet me there. And, Keen, you can trust me.

[CELLPHONE BEEPS]

[SIGHS]

Are you coming home tonight?

LIZ: Not tonight, honey. But my being away so much, I think it’s about to end. Is Mrs. French reading “The Phantom Tollbooth” to you?

We’re almost done. It’s really good.

[CELLPHONE VIBRATES]

Well, you finish up and tell me all about it when I get home, okay? I love you.

Love you, too.

[CELLPHONE VIBRATES]

Don’t answer that.

He could have good news.

You should not be talking to the FBI. You cannot take that call.

Hey, Keen, it’s me. Uh, I don’t even know if you’re getting these messages. I don’t know who I’m talking to.

Ressler says the Task Force has a source. His name is Rakitin, and he’s willing to talk. If he does, he could expose Reddington as N-13. He could end all of this.

I wish that were true. But you don’t need to hear his message to know that’s not the case.

Look. Rakitin’s dead. I don’t know how, but… It seems like he was poisoned. I mean, we really thought it was over this time. We miss you. We just want you back.

[ENGINE STARTS]

LIZ: I told her it was over, that I’d be coming home for good.

You’re doing the best you can.

I’m responsible for Mary Bremmer’s m*rder, Dembe’s t*rture, and I got nothing to show for it, except for another reminder that no matter how tight the noose, Reddington will always cheat the hangman.

I heard from the police today. They found my husband’s body. They say he d*ed of natural causes. But you know differently.

I’m so sorry.

Phillip was a good man. Whatever he was doing, he was doing because he believed it was the right thing to do. I don’t need sympathy. I need justice. You’re the one who can get it for me.

I tried. For all of us. I don’t think I can keep trying.

I understand. You thought you could end this. You couldn’t.

You don’t know who we’re dealing with.

But I do know this… Good triumphs over evil.

I just don’t think I have what it’ll take.

Of course you do. Every mother does. The love for her child. Isn’t that what saved you?

Yes.

Didn’t you tell me your mother gave up everything for you?

Yes.

Don’t you think you should pay that forward?

Of course. But I don’t know how.

You’ll figure it out.

How can you be so sure?

Because love wins.

You really believe that?

I do. And seeing how you are with Agnes, I believe you do, too.

[KNOCK ON DOOR]

Elizabeth.

Isabella, hi.

Is my father okay?

Dembe’s fine. But I did come because I think he could use your help.

Thank God she was too young to remember what happened to her.

I dread the day when I have to tell her.

Do you have to?

I believe in the truth. When she’s ready to hear it, I’ll tell her.

Are you going to tell her the truth about your father?

You said he needs our help?

He needs our protection. From Reddington.

Did he tell you that?

No. He loves Reddington, but that love is based on a lie, one that I’m not even sure he knows about. Reddington isn’t who he says he is. I believe… The Bureau believes… Reddington may be a Russian asset.

What?

But we need proof, and with your help, we can get it.

So you’re not here to help my father. You’re here to help yourself.

I’m here to help us both, but most importantly, I’m here to help our daughters. She’s beautiful. She’s innocent. And one day, when she’s ready, you’re gonna tell her that when she was an infant, she was abducted, used as collateral so someone could get to your father. And you’re gonna tell her as if it could never happen again. But you and I both know as long as Reddington is in our lives, that isn’t true.

I won’t hurt my father.

I would never ask you to.

What do you want me to do?

I need you to call your father, tell him you want to see him.

I haven’t seen him in months.

All the better. You miss him. You want him to spend time with Elle.

Hi. It’s me.

Once you’ve set a meeting, I need you to plant this device.

What do you want to hear him say?

Nothing. I want to hear what Reddington says to him.

You really think this will help?

I think, with any luck, we can figure out what Reddington’s up to.

[PLAYFUL SHOUTING]

♪♪

She’s gotten so big.

I know. Can you believe it?

I’m glad you called.

We miss you, Dad.

Do you? I wasn’t sure.

Of course we do.

♪♪

DEMBE: Your heart can betray you. How many times have you told me that?

RED: Anne is not betraying me.

We’ve run no names. Done no background checks.

On the good people of Cottonwood Falls? Believe me, if you’re lucky, you might find a late fee for “Tom Sawyer” at the local library.

You’re letting your guard down.

That’s not what I’m doing. Okay. It is what I’m doing. But I’m having a splendid time doing it. Ugh.

♪♪

[INDISTINCT SHOUTING]

♪♪

Hey. It’s me. Tell Townsend I know how we can get to Reddington.

♪♪

[ENGINE STARTS]

[TIRES SCREECH]

I am so sorry. Are you okay?

No, I should have seen you backing out.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no. It was my fault. It’s not that bad.

Let me give you my insurance.

[LIZ SIGHS] If we were in the city, you’d be screaming at me.

Oh. You’re not from here?

Uh, Kansas City. I, uh… I rented a place on Chase Lake. I just came into town to get some supplies. I’m Cindi.

Hi, Cindi. I’m Anne.

Anne Foster of 429 Roslyn Place.

That’s it. Oh, let me give you my cell, too. If those insurance people give you any trouble, I want you to give me a call, okay?

Okay. Seriously, if I’d known you’d be this nice, I would’ve run into you on purpose.

Ohh. You take care.

You, too. I’m sorry again.

That’s okay.

♪♪

[KEYPAD DIALING]

[LINE RINGING]

I’m gonna give you an address.

I’m not saying it’s up there with a nice smile or a nice ass.

But…

I think punctuality is sexy.

[DOORBELL RINGS]

Oh. Nice smile, nice ass, and on time. May I present to you… the sexiest man alive.

[GASPS] Anne! Hey. Cindi. From the accident.

Of course. I’m sorry.

I just brought this by to thank you for being so nice about what happened.

Did you bake me a cake?

I hope you like red velvet.

Oh, you are too thoughtful. Come in. Some friends and I are about to play some bridge.

No, I just came to drop that off. I don’t want to intrude.

[SOFT JAZZ PLAYING ON STEREO]

Cute drawings!

Oh, thank you. You sure you don’t want to stay for a bit? To have a drink?

No. [CHUCKLING] I’m sure we’ll bump into each other again soon. Bye.

So much for the sexiest man alive. I’m just saying I like punctuality.

Maybe his plane was delayed.

So, why hasn’t he called yet?

Only because I like to make a dramatic entrance.

Raymond! Hey.

[SOFT JAZZ PLAYING]

RED: I hope you’ll go easy on me tonight.

BRAN: You’ll do fine. Gin and tonic?

Yes.

We’ve gotten a head st…

ANNE: I found two pairs and a blanket.

I found salami and cheese.

I’ll get a basket for the food and we’re good to go.

Yeah, the friend’s gone. It’s just him and the girlfriend. We gotta do this now.

TOWNSEND: We’re on our way. Have Arkham k*ll the power and land lines.

♪♪

And, Liz, remember to try and enjoy the moment.

Just get here before he senses something’s wrong.

♪♪

ANNE: What were you saying?

Didn’t you say there was an excellent vegan sandwich shop in town? Why don’t you run into town, order for both of us? I’ll be ready to go when you get back.

Are you sure?

[DOOR CLOSES]

♪♪

[TRUCK DOOR CLOSES, ENGINE STARTS]

♪♪

No. No, no, no, no, no.

Hey, there. What seems to be the problem?

I just gotta check your ground wires. It’s standard.

Okay. Very good. Vague but detailed enough.

Not sure what you mean.

You know what I mean.

I got the work order right here.

Great.

Ah!

How many are coming?

Everyone.

♪♪

♪♪

[TIRES SCREECH]

♪♪

Raymond, what are you doing here? If you needed something else, you could’ve called me.

I need you to come with me.

We’ve got to call it off.

Did you hear me? He knows. Reddington knows we’re here.

That changes nothing.

We’ll have other opportunities.

There was an incident in town, but they have eyes on Reddington.

What kind of incident?

Landon. She’s gone.

And Reddington?

He took the woman and went into the local police station.

No. I know what you’re thinking. They can’t do this. Innocent people will get hurt.

TOWNSEND: Oh, Raymond. You do keep things interesting.

How you wanna handle this?

Put Sagan on the police scanners and have him give us a timeframe. If we’re going to do this, it’s gonna happen now.

You’ve got to call it off. There are too many innocent people.

Don’t you think maybe that’s why he’s there?

You can’t att*ck a police station!

No space. Remember? Between what you want and what you’re willing to do to get it.

Innocent people will get k*lled.

No space. None.

♪♪

[g*nf*re]

♪♪

Six people are dead.

♪ How low ♪

No, no, no!

♪ Are you willing to go ♪

♪ Before you reach all ♪

Innocent people. k*lled and wounded.

Take your men and your g*ns and your bloodshed and go. Then come find me when you’re ready, and I’ll show you the proper way to exact revenge.

And for what? Nothing. I’m listening to the police scanner. He’s gone. They have no idea where.

TOWNSEND: I did what I had to do. You didn’t.

The man who came after you today…

Neville Townsend.

He won’t stop, will he?

You’re right. There is space for me. Between what I want and what I’m willing to do to get it.

That’s unacceptable.

Well, then maybe I’ll keep Reddington all to myself.

You said he was gone.

He is. But I think I know how to find him.

Townsend was there, and he can’t see it… The magic trick, how Raymond got away. You weren’t there, but you know how he did it. Because it’s what you would have done.

♪ This means w*r, this means w*r ♪

Is there somewhere you can go? And not to your daughter’s. They’ll anticipate that.

My friend Cindi, the one who made the cake. She has a cabin.

See if you can go there.

Okay, sweetie. I’ll call you as soon as I know more. I love you. Be safe.

[KNOCK ON DOOR]

♪♪

[KNOCK ON DOOR]

♪ Where to ♪

Who is it?

LIZ: Anne? It’s me, Cindi.

Oh.

Oh, thank God. I was just about to call you.

Are you okay? The whole town is talking about what happened.

It was awful. The whole thing. It was just… I have this friend. With me, he’s kind and decent, but he’s done some terrible things, and terrible people are after him.

Where is he… Your friend?

MAN ON RADIO: …another 10 days, uh…

[CLICK]

WOMAN: …starting to…

[CHUCKLES]

♪ I’m old enough to face the dawn ♪

♪♪

♪ Just call me angel of the morning, angel ♪

Ah…

♪ Just touch my cheek before you leave me ♪

He says the people that are after him may come after me, and that’s why I was gonna call you. Your cabin. No one will look for me there. If I could just stay there, even just for a few days… I-I wish that were possible. I really do. And maybe it can be, after you help me find Reddington. I need to know where he is.

♪ Maybe the sun’s light will be dim ♪

You’re one of them.

Yes.

No.

♪♪

But we do want the same thing.

He left. I don’t know where he went.

[KNOCK ON DOOR]

♪ Well, it was what I wanted now ♪

Anne? Anne…

♪♪

♪ And if we’re victims of the night ♪

Elizabeth.

Go on. Don’t let me stop you.

Put the g*n down.

Why’d you come back? What do you want?

♪ Of the morning, angel ♪

Do you want to tell her who you really are?

Raymond…

It’s okay. Just stay calm.

♪ Just call me angel ♪

You and Kate underestimate me.

Oh, so she’s here, too.

Do you see her?

I do, without even having to look.

His true identity is a secret, Anne. He’s never told me who he really is.

♪ If morning’s echo says we’ve sinned ♪

Maybe he will now, as a deathbed confession.

♪♪

Let her go. She doesn’t have to be here for this.

Finally. We agree on something.

[GRUNTING]

Anne!

♪ I won’t be blinded by the light ♪

♪ Just call me angel ♪

Anne! Anne. Here. Hold on. Don’t move. Don’t move. Yeah. All right. Just breathe. Hold on. Just hold on.

♪ Baby ♪

Yes. I-I need an ambulance. There’s been an accident at 429 Roslyn Place.

This is your moment.

RED: Yes…

Don’t hesitate. Raymond wouldn’t.

RED: Anne, look at me. Stay with me. Look at me. Just focus on me. Look at me. That’s it. Stay with me. That’s it.

Pull the trigger. End this now.

Stay with me.

You can’t get your life back until you do.

RED: Stay with me. Stay with me. Anne. Anne.

♪ Baby, baby ♪

♪ Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby ♪