02x10 - The Accomplice

All episode transcripts for the TV show "The O.C.". Aired August 2003 - April 2007.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

02x10 - The Accomplice

Post by bunniefuu »

Opening scene - We see the outsideOpening scene - We see an aerial sh*t of some houses then the pier and finally we see Zach, Ryan and Seth walking on the pier and talking

Seth: so what'do I do

Zach: what'do you wanna do

Seth: (points to himself) what I wanna do is drive over to her apartment right now an just ask her flat out, Alex are we in a relationship or are we not

Zach: good man you should do it

Ryan: (to Zach) he's not doin it

Seth: Ryan, its ben almost a week ok an I still don�t know where Alex stands (Ryan looks at him) is she back together with her lesbian ex, an if so are they open to some sort of...m�nage a three way as in the film summer lovers

Zach: ooooh I didn�t even think'a that

Seth: yeah, well I did, quite a bit...actually

Ryan: if you have to wonder about it, it�s probably not happening

Seth: (frowns) which part, the threesome or the relationship

(they now walk inside the diner)

Zach: so you never had like a moments doubt about you an Lindsay

Ryan: (flip) not really

Seth: (coughs) denial uh-hm (Ryan looks at him) is there pollen in here or somethin...

Ryan: alright there may'a ben a moment

Seth: (coughs again) llllliiiiiaaarrrr

(Zach sits down at the booth)

Ryan: (looks at Seth) or two (sits down)

Zach: so what'd you do

Seth: (sits) he showed up on Lindsay�s door step an he said he�s not goin anywhere until she gave him a sh*t

Zach: that�s what you should do dude, you should go to Alex (Seth listens) but instead of asking her what she wants you tell her what you want

Seth: (thinks) ...is that how it works with you an Summer

Zach: (frowns) or...you should jus focus on the good stuff in your life, like school (Seth thinks) or comics

Seth: hmm

Zach: yeah I got nothin

Seth: but least I got my friends

Ryan: yeah

(Summer walks over to them)

Summer: well if it isn�t the three amigos (sits next to Zach) hey

Zach: hola (they kiss)

Summer: i'm so hungry (Seth looks down, sad) the step monster keeps eating my zone breakfast

(Lindsay comes over)

Lindsay: hey

Ryan: hey

Lindsay: you didn�t order yet did you

(Seth puts a finger up to Lindsay, then stands so she can sit down)

Ryan: no you�re just in time

Lindsay: (to Seth) thanks (sits)

Ryan: (to Seth) hey c'mon we can squeeze you in

Seth: no it�s ok...I�m gonna see you guys later

Ryan: oh, n-n-no where're you goin

Seth: (walking away) (puts fist in the air) ta get what I want!

(Ryan looks at Zach worried, Seth looks back from the door of the diner and the 4 of them are happy and laughing together. Seth feels left out)

Opening theme - California by Phantom planet

Cohen kitchen - Sandy is at the table reading the paper and Kirsten is leaning over the counter

Sandy: (off screen) husband seeking to satisfy wife�s curiosity, enjoys t-, ooooh (on screen) careful (turns the page) oh here�s one honey, it�s a guest house, close to the beach it�s got parking fridge an hook-ups

Kirsten: why're you looking for a guest house when you need an office

Sandy: oh you can turn a guest house into a great office plus this one has hook-ups

Kirsten: (walks over to Sandy) this high rise office complex has panoramic ocean an country club views

Sandy: oh it sounds like Partridge Savage an Con, where is it

Kirsten: right next to Partridge Savage an Con (Sandy laughs) least your old clients will know where ta find you

Sandy: oh I�m not takin any'a my corporate clients with me, now that I�m on my own i'm-i'm goin back inta the public interest stuff, stuff that made me wanna be a lawyer in the first place

Kirsten: you can still be a public interest lawyer in a private sector office

Sandy: this guest house is eight fifty a month how much is yours

Kirsten: I can get ya a deal through my office

Sandy: (stubborn) no thankyou...well I gotta go meet my realtor (stands)

Kirsten: (worried) maybe I should go with you

Sandy: oh no, no, no, no ill be fine its-it�s the same lady who got Jimmy his bachelour pad

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy) right, I�m going with ya (walks away)

(Sandy picks up the paper)

CUT TO: Caleb�s mansion - we see an outside view of the house, and hear loud music, then we are inside Marissa�s room. she's in PJs drinking and dancing to the music, she goes over to her dresser and puts her drink down. opens a drawer and pulls out a flask. we hear knocking at the door but Marissa doesn�t hear it, she continues dancing, and pours some of the flasks contents into her glass of juice. Caleb walks in

Caleb: Marissa

(Marissa turns around, shocked. Caleb looks away. Marissa puts the flask away then covers her chest with her arms as best she can)

Marissa: what're you doing in here

Caleb: yeah I�m sorry I heard the music...you�re not at school

Marissa: yeah your not at work (turns the music off)

Caleb: ah no I�m...running late, I�m down to my last clean shirt an we're out of coffee (Marissa grabs her gown) when your mother leaves town my life goes to pieces

Marissa: yeah well you should'a gone with her, you seem like you could use the vacation (puts her gown on)

Caleb: she�s not on vacation she�s...doing research, for the magazine

Marissa: she�s in Europe doing research for a magazine about Orange County

Caleb: do you need a ride to school

Marissa: oh uh-hm I�m not going, I�m...not feeling so well

Caleb: sorry to hear that, ill tell you what ill uh ill call my physician have him drop in on you after lunch

Marissa: oh...that�s ok, you know I figured I should probably just stay home an rest incase you know its (coughs) Wes Nile or something

Caleb: alright well ill be in my office all day if you need me...ill call in an check up on you

Marissa: (coughs more) I may not pick up you know ill just be sleeping'

(Caleb leaves and Marissa drops the act, she picks up the phone that is beside her bed. we see a phone ringing somewhere else, we can hear water running in the background)

Alex: (sleepy) hello

(we see Marissa now lying on her bed, smiling)

Marissa: so what're we doing today

Alex: (smiles) I�m sleeping

Marissa: nooo your not, we're going ta breakfast an then we're going shopping

(Alex lies back on her couch, while talking)

Alex: (laughs) don�t you have school

Marissa: yeah but my moms in Europe an my step-dads completely clueless

Alex: aren�t you sick of me yet, we've hung out every single day this week

Marissa: no, why, are you sick of me

Alex: no, no of course not it�s just um...Jody�s still here

Marissa: I thought she was going back to LA

Alex: yeah yeah she was she was but um...we got inta this huge fight an then (knock at the door)

Marissa: (sits up) an then you spent the rest of the night making up

Alex: (sits up) who's knocking on my door at nine in the morning

Marissa: yeah right, saved by the bell (raises eyebrows)

Alex: are you calling me from outside (walks to the door) my door (smiles) because that (opens the door) would be (Seth is standing there) creepy

Seth: ah good to see you to, Alex

Alex: Seth

Marissa: (suprised) Seth

Alex: (to Marissa) can I call you back (hangs up) (to Seth) (annoyed) doesn�t anyone go to school anymore!

Seth: listen I�m sorry to wake you I (frowns) do I hear water running

Alex: yes...Jody�s taking a shower

Seth: oh j-Jody, Jody�s still here (Alex looks at him) oh, oh that�s great, that�s fantastic, least you�re not takin a shower together

Alex: (closes her eyes) look

Seth: listen I jus need'a know where I stand ok

Alex: Seth I told you I just...I don�t do relationships

Seth: yeah well ya did Jody, so to speak

Alex: yes an look how well that turned out

(a wet Jody comes to the door)

Jody: what is that suppose'ta mean

Seth: Jody

Jody: Seth (Seth smiles)

Alex: I�m sorry I would've introduced you guys but...I didn�t want you ta meet I�m going back ta bed (to Seth) I�m sorry (to Jody) I�m sorry (walks away, puts her hands in the air helplessly)

(Jody looks at Seth)

Seth: (sighs) you maybe wanna grab breakfast (Jody shuts the door) we could go down to the uh there�s (door slams)

CUT TO: Harbor school - Lindsay and Ryan are in a class together. they are watching slides of volcanoes

Teacher: which you see in the centre of the diagram here an multi angles here (bell rings) ok (lights go on) alright see you next time

Lindsay: so are Kirsten an Sandy gonna care that Seth skipped first period (packs up)

Ryan: there not gonna be excited about it but there pretty easy going (packs up)

Lindsay: really, Kirsten is

Ryan: Sandy is, Kirsten�s more-

Lindsay: like her dad

(they both stand)

Ryan: in some ways I guess

Lindsay: hmm, am I...I mean he�s my dad to so

Ryan: is...this a trick question

Lindsay: nooo (Ryan smiles) its just y'know uh I don�t know him...an you do so...why is he a monster

Ryan: ah well...he�s not the greatest person in the world...ta me anyway, he um thinks I�m after the Cohen�s money (Lindsay looks at him) yeah I know (Lindsay laughs) but other then that he�s great (looks at Lindsay) you should call him

Lindsay: an say what, hi dad it�s your illegitimate daughter wanna have lunch

Ryan: you could always have Kirsten talk to him for you

Lindsay: yeaaah...she has...a couple'a times (Ryan looks worried) so he'll call right, I mean-I mean he�s got to sooner or later

Ryan: yeah, right, sooner or later (smiles)

(Lindsay looks worried, the bell rings and she walks away, Ryan looks as though he�s thinking, then follows)

CUT TO: The guest house - The realtor lets Kirsten and Sandy in to look around, it�s a 'fixer upper' for sure

Gail: at the moment this is the only beach adjacent property we have in your price range Mr. Cohen (tries to turn the fan on, it doesn�t work) as you can see it�s a bit of a fixer upper

Kirsten: that�s one way to put it

Sandy: who're you kiddin Gail this place is a first class dump (looks around) an I like it

Kirsten: (walks over to Sandy) Sandy no you don�t, you jus like the idea of having an office near the beach so you can surf between clients

Sandy: I hadn�t even thought'a that! (his phone rings)

Kirsten: Sandy this is a surf shack not a law office

Sandy: that�s exactly why I like it (answers) hello...MAX, unbelievable how are ya (to Kirsten) it�s my Professor from law school (to Max) no no now�s a great time, I�m jus movin inta my new office (Kirsten is shocked) ill be right back

Kirsten: Sandy you�re moving in!

Sandy: (to Gloria) ill take it (walks outside) so what're you doin in town...really...everything ok...(nods) I understand...we can talk about it when ya get here

CUT TO: Harbor school - Summer and Zach walk into the student lounge and stand at the counter. Summer waves to someone, and we see that it�s Seth sitting alone on a couch drawing, he looks sad and does a small wave back before drawing again

Summer: (frowns) what�s up with Cohen

Zach: I guess it didn�t go well with Alex

Summer: she broke up with him

(we see Seth drawing again, but his face is screwed up)

Zach: I don�t know, maybe

Summer: well why don�t you go find out! an then report back to me (Zach smiles)

Zach: (walks over to Seth) so, how'd it go (sits)

Seth: uh-hm well...the good news is she told Jody to get the hell out to so

Zach: ...I�m sorry man

Seth: thanks, it�s alright

Zach: well at least now you can get back to your life, right

Seth: ah...I don�t have a life, remember

Zach: then you should get one, do something for you, go sailing

Seth: alright

Zach: continue to doodle

Seth: ok

Zach: (takes the sketch book) whoa, Cohen, this is what you should be doing

(the picture is of Alex holding a whip, in a skimpy outfit)

Seth: what, drawing the women who've wronged me as whip wielding warrior princesses

Zach: yeah, in your own comic!

Seth: yeah, ok

Zach: dude, you�re awesome

(Summer comes up behind them carrying 3 coffees)

Seth: I appreciate it

Summer: hey

Seth: hey

Summer: Cohen, I got you a double latte (hands it to him) because you looked sad

Seth: thanks

Zach: Cohen�s gonna do his own comic

Summer: he is

Seth: uh no I don�t- well I don�t know I its-

Zach: (excited) what're you talking about man, do you not wanna do it

Seth: (unsure) no I do sort of I jus-

Zach: well then let�s bounce some ideas around man, study hall right now let�s go (Summer doesn�t look happy)

Seth: alright lets do it

Zach: ok (to Summer) thanks for the coffee Summer (stands)

Seth: (stands) yeah thankyou, very much

Summer: (shrugs) your welcome...

CUT TO: Alex's room - Marissa is sitting on her bed reading Mojo, Alex puts her jacket on and is standing beside the bed

Marissa: so...you an Seth are...

Alex: friends...I hope (Marissa nods) someday

Marissa: an you an Jody are...

Alex: over, finished, for good

Marissa: really, how does she feel about that

Alex: (sits at her dresser) um, she hates me now but I mean we mean to much to each other to let (looks through her jewelry) that bitch (Marissa sits forward) she stole my necklace

Marissa: which one

Alex: we bought each other these matching heart shaped necklaces like a year ago an mines gone, I can�t believe her!

Marissa: well, how d'you know she took it

Alex: because, she was using the fact that I still wear mine as a sign that I�m not over her, which I am I just...I loved it

Marissa: well so (moves to the edge) lets go get it

Alex: you wanna go to LA, now (Marissa shrugs) I cant I have work

Marissa: so we'll go tomorrow (raises eyebrows)

Alex: how you have school (smiles)

Marissa: no, I have a mom who's spa hopping an a step dad who doesn�t care about anyone but himself (Alex thinks) come on, you can�t let her steal your heart (Alex smiles)

CUT TO: Caleb�s office - Caleb is standing near his desk with the phone to his ear, we hear the answering machine message

Answering machine: Julie: at the tone please leave a message for either Julie Caleb or Marissa, we'll get back to you as soon as we can (beep)

(Caleb hangs up the phone then sits down at his desk. he looks at some paperwork and then we hear a knock at the door. he looks up and we see it is Ryan)

Caleb: Kirsten�s not here

Ryan: (slowly walks in) I�m...actually here to see you...if you have a second

Caleb: (cold) I don�t (looks back at his paperwork)

Ryan: it�s about Lindsay

Caleb: (looks up) ...shut the door (Ryan shuts the door) what about her

Ryan: (walks over to Caleb) she�s ben asking questions about you, who you are what your like, an even though I told her she still wants to get to know you

Caleb: she sent you here to tell me this

Ryan: she has no idea I�m here I jus...thought maybe I should-

Caleb: continue to position yourself between me an members of my family (Ryan doesn�t say anything) Ryan if I wanted a relationship with Lindsay I would have one

Ryan: funny that�s what she said

Caleb: smart girl

Ryan: you have no idea (Caleb looks at him) you should though (goes to leave)

Caleb: how�s your relationship with your father Ryan (Ryan stops) he still in jail

Ryan: (nods) an you would be to if it weren�t for Sandy (smirks) so I guess Lindsay an I are both better off, thankyou so much for your time (leaves)

(Caleb stares at the door, thinking)

CUT TO: Sandy�s new office at night - Sandy is moving some boxes around, and in the doorway we can see the shadow of Max standing there

Max: I was under the impression that (Sandy turns around) you'd become a successful lawyer

Sandy: (stunned) oh my god (smiles) how are you Max (hugs Max)

Max: (smiles) ah its hard ta believe its ben over twenty years since you were my favourite student

Sandy: it is so good to see you, well come on inta my uh (points) (laughs) my new office (Max laughs) so uh hell what'a you ben up to

Max: well I uh (sighs) lets see I, I left Berkeley

Sandy: mm-hmm

Max: I moved to Princeton

Sandy: oh

Max: I am retired now

Sandy: congratulations...so what brings you here

Max: (sighs) (serious) Sandy I need your help...I have'ta find Rebecca

Sandy: ...well why now, after all this time

Max: (sits) well Sandy i've um...I�ve got a couple of strokes an the uh doctors told me that I uh...should get my affairs in order (Sandy listens) soon as possible...I-I just wanna be able to see my daughter once again before...

Sandy: I understand, well you know I haven�t heard a thing since she ran away to Canada...twenty two years ago, you haven�t heard from her

Max: no, no, no she an I weren�t exactly on speaking terms even, even before the uh...accident (Sandy closes his eyes, nods) I-I just thought that if she'd get in touch with anybody Sandy it'd be you...you were the love of her life

Sandy: ...that was a long time ago...we were kids

Max: no she loved you Sandy (Sandy looks at him) now will you help me find her

Sandy: ill see what I can do

Max: (sighs) thankyou Sandy

(they both stand)

Max: you know I hate ta-ta stir up things when you have a wife an a family an

Sandy: no my-my wife'll understand

Max: (sighs) will she

(Sandy looks at Max)

CUT TO: Cohen bedroom - Kirsten is sitting on the bed, and Sandy is getting ready for work

Kirsten: you�re going to prison

Sandy: oh jus for the day, I have'ta drive to Santa Barbara to LOMPOC to see a prisoner there

Kirsten: who

Sandy: this political activist I knew back in my Berkeley days Joe Zucasky but ill be back before dinner

Kirsten: what'do you have to talk to him about

Sandy: oh you know a missing person, doin a favor for a friend

Kirsten: your old law school professor

Sandy: yeah

Kirsten: hm, who's missing

Sandy: ...Rebecca

Kirsten: (shocked) as in Rebecca Bloom, love of your life

Sandy: she is not the love of my life

Kirsten: Sandy, you were engaged ta be married

Sandy: we were engaged to be engaged

Kirsten: until she b*rned down a nuclear lab site

Sandy: we do not know that she did that for sure

Kirsten: Sandy she fled the country

Sandy: well I know...but her dad is dying an he asked me to find her for him...he was my mentor in law school, I wouldn�t be a lawyer if it weren�t for him...(shakes his head) I can�t say no

Kirsten: well what're you gonna do when you find her

Sandy: if I find her I�m gonna try an convince her to turn herself in an you know let the case go to trial

CUT TO: Caleb�s mansion - we can hear loud music again, and Caleb is banging on Marissa's door he waits and nobody answers so he knocks again before walking in. Marissa is sitting at her dresser putting on lipstick

Caleb: well, it seems someone is feeling better today

Marissa: not really

Caleb: sorry to hear that (turns the music off) (Marissa puts on her jacket) you know I called several times ta check up on you yesterday

Marissa: huh, I must'a ben asleep

Caleb: an then I came home last night and you weren�t here, I was worried (car horn)

Marissa: gotta go

Caleb: where

Marissa: (walking towards the door) out... to the doctor

Caleb: (stern) Marissa come back here

Marissa: (turns around) or what...your not my father Cal, you know what if you wanna parent someone why don�t you go over to Lindsay�s house an ruin her life (Caleb looks at her) ...oh that�s right, you already have...don�t wait up (leaves)

(Caleb looks as though he�s thinking)

CUT TO: Harbor school - Ryan, Seth and Zach are in study hall discussing Seth�s comic book

Ryan: so what�s it about

Seth: oh uh n (frowns) heroes an you know villains

Zach: good an evil

Seth: sure, darkness an then you have light

Ryan: you guys have no idea do you

Seth: um not so much really but you have to admit, its pretty excitin our very own comic book

Ryan: yeah

Zach: hey it could be autobiographical (Ryan looks at him)

Seth: yeah it could, yeah the life of like a young Jewish boy growing up in Orange County I like it very much already

Zach: a young Jewish boy with powers

Seth: sure no yeah a kid with a secret

Zach: in a town full of secrets

Ryan: fist fights, fashions shows

(Summer walks in and watches them)

Seth: sure exactly basically life in Orange County

Zach: but with powers

Seth: I like it alot an-

Summer: what've you done to my boyfriend

Seth: kay look it was his idea in the first place

Zach: and we just had a major break through

Seth: yeah we did

Summer: oooh sweetie, do you realise how lame you just sounded (Zach frowns)

Seth: n-now Summer if you�re not nice, somebody�s not gonna be in the comic

Summer: oooh, yeah, shakin in my boots Cohen (to Zach) sweetie (kisses Zach's cheek) I will see you out front after school

Zach: um...actually we're working uh after school, but I would love to uh you know hang out with you a little bit later...um perhaps dinner and a movie

Summer: well I guess just not a comic book movie

Seth: shh, comic book movies suck anyways

Ryan: true

Zach: dude you didn�t like X2 (Seth makes a please motion) really

Seth: I�ve seen better

Summer: what have you done to him, I swear to god Cohen, by the time the sun goes down if brainstorming boy here doesn�t turn back inta my boyfriend-

at the same time:

Seth: brainstorming boy, brainstorming lad

Zach: brainstorming

(Summer gives up and leaves)

Seth: lets work with this, brainstorming kid, brainstorming young ward with a secret identity which is, at night he�s brainstorming man an what that is, is he�s a genius

CUT TO: Caleb�s office - Caleb is sitting at his desk, and Kirsten is standing up talking to him

Kirsten: the contracts have ben ? twice so I jus need you to sign (Caleb doesn�t acknowledge her) dad, are you ok

Caleb: yeah I�m fine, sorry uh-hm...you take good care of me Kiki, better then I deserve

Kirsten: what'does that mean

Caleb: it means I haven�t always ben the best father

Kirsten: pretty much...(raises eyebrows) no

Caleb: ...are you still in touch with Lindsay

Kirsten: yeah, are you

Caleb: no, no she didn�t ever bother calling me

Kirsten: dad, she�s in high school (writes down her number) if you wanna hear from Lindsay, you have'ta call her (hands Caleb the number)

CUT TO: Harbor school - Lindsay and Ryan are near the lockers, they are walking

Lindsay: uh you were right, Caleb Nichol is not a good guy

Ryan: why what happened, he call you

Lindsay: no but I...A 9 dot commed him last night an according to the OC weekly he�s pretty much everything that�s wrong with western civilisation all wrapped up in one guy (Ryan smiles) (phone rings) so...even if he did call me its (looks at her phone) oh my god, he�s calling me it says The Newport Group, why is he calling me

Ryan: (waves it off) no its not it�s probably Kirsten (walks away)

Lindsay: right uh...sorry (answers) (laughs) hey Kirsten

(we see Caleb inside his office, on the phone)

Caleb: Lindsay, Caleb Nichol...I was thinking its time you an I sat down

(back at Harbor. Ryan is inside a class room and a dazed Lindsay walks in. Ryan moves 2 chairs over to their desk)

Ryan: what was that about

Lindsay: um...it was Caleb (Ryan looks at her) he wants to have dinner tonight

Ryan: you�re kidding

Lindsay: ...will you come with me (hopeful)

Ryan: (half smiles) I don�t think that�s a good idea

Lindsay: please...I�m not gonna go without you

Ryan: (sighs) he�s not gonna be happy about this

Lindsay: do you really care about Caleb Nichols happiness

Ryan: I care about yours

Lindsay: well then I...will see you tonight

(Lindsay walks away and Ryan looks worried)

CUT TO: Alex and Marissa driving in Alex's jeep - Alex is driving and Marissa in the passenger seat, they are listening to music

Marissa: (noticing a tattoo on Alex's arm) so what'does the butterfly mean

Alex: (looks at it) oh um...it means, I was drunk (laughs)

Marissa: (laughs) no way

Alex: yeah I was drunk, I had just gotten emancipated from my parents an the words mum an dad with a huge X through them was way too expendent

Marissa: (suprised) you got emancipated (Alex nods) I thought only child stars did that

Alex: yep, me Hillary Duff an Lil bow wow

Marissa: (laughs) wait so how did you do it

Alex: I petitioned the court, I had my parents sign the form which they were more then happy to do when they found out about me an Jody (Marissa listens) and um...that was it, I was free

Marissa: wow, wish I could do that

Alex: piss your parents off bad enough

Marissa: believe me I�ve tried

Alex: well then I guess (looks at Marissa) they really love you

Marissa: (thinks) d'you ever miss yours

Alex: (nods) sometimes but...my friends are my family (shrugs) you know (smiles)

Marissa: (feels the same) mm-hmm (smiles) I know

(they both smile and listen to the music)

CUT TO: The prison - a guard brings out the guy who Sandy wants to see. Sandy paces as he waits

Guard: lets open up eight

Joe: Sandy Cohen, couldn�t believe it when they told me

Sandy: how are ya Joe (sits)

Joe: well not as good as you, you look good, successful, what happened you sell out

Sandy: no actually I did fifteen years in the public defenders office

Joe: (nods) good for you, maybe you can work me up an appeal, get me outta here

Sandy: how...you confessed

Joe: to an act'a civil disobedience...not manslaughter

Sandy: you set the place on fire...an a man d*ed

Joe: it was an accident, the custodian wasn�t suppose'ta be there you know that (Sandy doesn�t say anything) like any'a that matters now, what'do you want Sandy

Sandy: ...I�m lookin for Rebecca

Joe: (smiles) Sandy Cohen has come to me looking for Rebecca

Sandy: oh let it go...this isn�t about you an me

Joe: (sits forward) when it comes to Rebecca, it�s always ben about you an me

Sandy: well not anymore

Joe: ok...then what�s this about

Sandy: her father...he�s sick he�s lookin for her

Joe: I tell you what...he can look as far an wide as he wants to...he�s never gonna find her

Sandy: so your not gonna help me

Joe: oh I can�t help you Sandy...Rebecca...she�s dead

(Sandy stares at Joe, stunned)

CUT TO: Cohen kitchen - Sandy and Kirsten are sitting at the table together

Kirsten: (in disbelief) she�s dead (Sandy nods, dazed) I�m so sorry...I can�t believe this...

Sandy: I can�t believe it either (stands) (dials a number)

Kirsten: are you calling Max

Sandy: uh no an old friend'a mine, one of the guys in the group, he�s a lawyer now in Vancouver (in the phone) hello yes uh directory assistance for Vancouver please

Kirsten: (confused) but why what're you gonna find out

Sandy: (phone) yes please id like the number for Mark Denham D-E-N-H-A-M, thankyou (to Kirsten) well if she was sick, there'd be insurance forms or hospital records or something (Kirsten looks at Sandy, worried) an god forbid if she were dead...there'd be a death certificate (writes down the number)

Kirsten: so you don�t think she�s dead

Sandy: (hangs up) (confused) I can�t believe that if she were dying she wouldn�t try'ta contact her dad

Kirsten: or you...

(Sandy doesn�t say anything, then walks away, Kirsten drinks her wine. she puts it on the table and pushes it away)

CUT TO: LA at night - Marissa and Alex are outside the front of Jody�s place

Alex: ok we're jus gonna get what we came for an then get the hell outta here alright

Marissa: are you alright, you seem nervous

Alex: no, I�m not I jus- don�t let her intimidate you ok an-an let me do all the talking...and uh...don�t mention anything about the necklace (nods)

(they are at the door now)

Marissa: I thought you were over her

Alex: I am, I am I jus (Marissa doesn�t look convinced) don�t let her talk me into staying the night

Marissa: you can�t (looks at Alex) you have'ta take me home

Alex: (points) right, good one, remember that (rings the doorbell)

(Jody answers the door)

Jody: (smiles) I had a feeling it might (sees Marissa) what is she doing here

(Alex looks at Marissa, then Jody. she can�t talk. Marissa looks at Jody then Alex, Alex looks at Marissa and Marissa has a "well" expression. Alex still can�t say anything)

Marissa: (to Jody) we came to get Alex's stuff

(Jody nods and looks at Alex, Alex looks at Jody)

Marissa: (looks at Alex) an we're not staying

Jody: if you say so (motions for them to go in)

(Alex walks inside, Marissa follows and Jody shuts the door behind them)

CUT TO: Seth�s bedroom - he is sitting on his bed working on his comic version of himself. Ryan comes in

Ryan: hey

Seth: hhhhheeeey Brian Gatwood aka kid Chino, a strong but silent youth from the wrong side'a the tracks who, when provoked unleashes his fists of fury

Ryan: hmm

(Ryan is dressed in a fancy suit and tie. Seth notices)

Seth: maybe we should change your super hero name to over dressed lad

Ryan: uh Lindsay asked me to be the buffer tonight between her an Caleb

Seth: w- I thought we were workin'a night an Grampa hates you

Ryan: I told her that, she thought I was over reacting

Seth: well hey man, at least you show up on his radar, he once asked my mom if I was mildly Ret*rded

Ryan: ah well wait till he finds out about your powers

Seth: what powers, turns out I don�t make a very convincing super hero (holds up his drawing)

Ryan: oh you do have powers (points to a sketch book) hey can I see these

Seth: yeah sure uh-hm

(Ryan sits on the bed and looks at the sketches, they are the ones Seth did of Summer in Portland)

Ryan: uh...what're these

Seth: uh there just...sketches I did in Portland, the summer without Summer

Ryan: (worried) has Zach seen these

Seth: no I was gonna show him tonight

Ryan: no, no you are not, you are not gonna show these to Zach

Seth: dude there just drawings

Ryan: of a girl you were clearly obsessed with

Seth: (puts up his hand) ok first of all obsessed...pretty strong word (Ryan looks at him) maybe your right an...therefore I won�t show him

Ryan: there really good though (stands)

Seth: thanks, hey (Ryan looks) don�t let Grampa scare you alright, remember your Brian Gatwood fists of fury

(Ryan makes a fist and leaves the room. Seth closes the sketch book with his pencil)

CUT TO: Jody�s place - Marissa is standing by herself and Jody comes out holding 2 beers, she drinks from one

Jody: sure you don�t want a beer

Marissa: we have to drive back, tonight (raises eyebrows)

(Alex comes out)

Alex: ok so far I have found two t-shirts a bra an my fat jeans (drops it on the floor) what else do you have of mine

Jody: (shrugs) nothing I swear

Alex: so then you wouldn�t mind if I kept looking

Jody: oh you can look all night if you want

Alex: (to Marissa) I won�t be long (goes back in)

(Marissa looks where Alex just went, then looks at Jody)

Marissa: break ups...huh

Jody: (walks over to Marissa) get ready, you�re next

Marissa: oh...no...I�m not her

Jody: (smiles) I�m sure your not

Alex: (yells) my motorcycle boots

Jody: those are mine

(Marissa looks uncomfortable)

Alex: how can you say these are yours

Jody: because I bought them

Alex: ok see (picks up her stuff) that is your problem

Jody: ok here we go

Marissa: I�m gonna go to the bathroom (walks away)

(we see Marissa wandering around the house looking around and hear Jody and Alex in the background)

Jody: tell me what my problem is I can�t wait ta hear this

Alex: I don�t even know where'ta begin, you know what, keep my boots, keep my records its fine

Jody: it�s not fine

Alex: what're you talking about

Jody: you can't jus come in here an take all your stuff

Alex: actually i can

(Marissa is now in Jody�s room, she walks over to her bedside table and looks through her jewelry box. we cut back to Jody and Alex)

Alex: what'do you want from me

Jody: (sincerely) I want you ta stay (Alex closes her eyes, caving) (holds Alex around the waist) I wanna talk about what�s going on here

(Marissa comes back in, Alex looks at her)

Jody: (to Marissa) why don�t you take Alex�s jeep home, ill bring her back later

(Alex looks at Marissa)

Marissa: I...can�t

Jody: why not

Marissa: well d'you think I�m really gonna leave my girlfriend alone with you over night (Alex looks at Marissa)

Jody: I thought she wasn�t your girlfriend

Marissa: yeah well, think again

(Alex picks up her things and puts her arm around Marissa)

Alex: let�s go

(they walk out together, and Jody watches, shocked - we then see Marissa and Alex outside, walking back to the jeep)

Alex: ok that - was awesome

Marissa: (laughs) really, you think she bought it

Alex: are you kidding me she thought you an I were sleeping together when she met you at the club last week

Marissa: she did (gets in)

Alex: I defended your honour (gets in)

Marissa: (smiles) I appreciate that

Alex: are you kidding, I owe you so much, now I got my fat jeans, I got my CDs an who cares if I didn�t get-

(Marissa holds out Alex's heart necklace in her hand)

Alex: my heart, how did you (takes it)

Marissa: (grins) I�m sneaky like that (Alex laughs) and (holds out her other hand) now you have both

(Alex picks the other necklace up, stunned. she looks at Marissa and Marissa looks at Alex and smiles. Alex holds the necklace up so the heart dangles)

Alex: no (looks at Marissa) this ones yours

(Alex leans over and puts it around Marissa's neck. they look into each others eyes while she�s doing it up)

Marissa: (looks down) how�s it look (smiles)

Alex: (softly) good (smiles) ...guess we better get you home huh (puts her seat belt on)

Marissa: no (puts hers on) I have a better idea (raises eyebrows)

CUT TO: Seth�s bedroom - Zach is lying on Seth�s bed looking through Seth�s sketches. Seth is sitting on the edge of the bed watching

Seth: what'do you think

Zach: I think your like the missing link between...Jack Kirby an I don�t know Eric White

Seth: (smiles) hey, thanks man

(we can hear somebody on the stairs)

Summer: (yells) Zach (Zach frowns and gets off the bed) that is it I am pulling the plug you were spose'ta pick me up over an hour ago (hits Zach�s arm)

Zach: I know an I�m sorry but Seth an I were jus working-

Summer: I don�t wanna hear it, what're you guys like Cavalier an Gay

Seth: (laughs) that�s funny

Summer: I know

Zach: uh I�m sorry, listen Seth ill call ya (to Summer) we're leaving (goes to the door)

Summer: w-w-w wait-whoa no we're not (notices the sketches) is that suppose'ta be Marissa (puts her bag down and sits on the bed) Cohen did you do these (Seth doesn�t say anything) (turns the page, laughs) is that Ryan, Captain Oats (turns the page) is that you (turns page) well (turns more pages till there�s only blank paper) (frowns) where am I

Seth: not...finished yet, jus wanted'ta get the attitude right, there�s alotta attitude (Summer looks at him)

(we now see Summer, Zach and Seth coming down the stairs)

Zach: I think we made some good progress today

Seth: it�s definitely keeping my mind off girls

Summer: keep talking comics Cohen, I don�t think girls'll be an issue ever again (grins)

Seth: oooh she�s so supportive that�s why I like her (Zach smiles)

Summer: sh**t, I left my purse upstairs ill be right back (goes back up the stairs)

Zach: we're gonna miss the movie

Summer: whose fault is that!

(we now see Summer going back into Seth�s room. she grabs her bag from the top of his bed and knocks Captain Oats off the table as she pulls it to her)

Summer: oh (bends down) hm sorry Captain Oats, hope you don�t pull up lame

(she picks up Captain Oats from under the bed, and notices Seth�s other sketch book. she pulls it out from under the bed and puts Captain Oats back where he was. she kneels next to the bed with the book and opens it up)

Zach: (yells) c'mon Sum we're gonna be late

Seth: (yells) what're you doin up there

(Summer quickly shuts the book and puts it in her bag)

CUT TO: A restaurant - Lindsay is sitting at one end of the table, and Caleb at the other. a waiter puts a napkin across Lindsay�s lap

Lindsay: oh thankyou

(Caleb smiles at Lindsay, Lindsay takes the menu from the waiter. Caleb does the same)

Lindsay: um...so (smiles) ...thankyou so much for calling this afternoon an suggesting dinner it-it was-

Caleb: long overdue, I meant to call you right after the holidays but (raises eyebrows) work has ben all consuming

Lindsay: oh, yeah I�m sure...I mean...I can imagine (laughs)

Caleb: (smiles) ...so what about you Lindsay, how is...school, what're you studying

(Ryan comes over)

Ryan: hey, sorry I�m late, traffic (sits down)

(Caleb looks at Ryan, shocked)

Lindsay: um that�s ok we-we just got menus

Caleb: my apologies, if I had'a known we were gonna be three id of asked the waiter for another one

Lindsay: oh i-i'm sorry I-its-its my fault I shoulda said something earlier

Caleb: nonsense, I should've assumed Ryan would wanna make himself apart'a this

Lindsay: he didn�t...I asked him ta come

Ryan: look I can leave if you want

Caleb: yes Ryan you've already scammed your way inta one of my daughters lives, why stop there

Ryan: this isn�t about me

Caleb: isn�t it, you set this whole thing up didn�t you (Ryan looks away) you came to my office, you show up at dinner

Lindsay: (confused) you went to his office

Ryan: (looks at Lindsay) I-I was jus trying to help

Caleb: he said that you wanted a relationship with me, but if that were true he wouldn�t be here so what is it that the two of you really want (Ryan looks at him) money (raises eyebrows)

Lindsay: (stunned) what

Caleb: a new car, an ivy league education (Ryan closes his eyes) have your accomplice here drop by my office with a list of demands, that should cover it, goodnight (leaves)

(Ryan and Lindsay watch Caleb walk away)

CUT TO: Cohen house - Sandy is on the phone, and Kirsten is standing near him near the family room

Sandy: (on the phone) hey Mark its Sandy Cohen again I know this is my fifth message today but I�m still up so if you get this, please call back, thanks (hangs up)

Kirsten: you gonna stay up all night

Sandy: well I�m not tired, that�s for sure

Kirsten: no word from your lawyer friend

Sandy: no...no, an no confirmation she�s dead

Kirsten: what if she�s not, what if your suspicions are right (Sandy looks at her) one way or another she�s gone, what is it gonna take for you to let her go

Sandy: what're you talking about

Kirsten: Rebecca Bloom (raises eyebrows) the smart, political Jewish woman that you were suppose'ta marry...before you ended up with me...your still in love with her

Sandy: (walks closer) that is not true

Kirsten: then come to bed

(Sandy looks at Kirsten. the phone rings, he looks at it then back at Kirsten. he walks over and answers it)

Sandy: hello...Mark hey (Kirsten looks worried) i'm-i'm sorry to be harassing ya but you know time is of the uh...oh...ok...well thanks for callin back...alright take care (hangs up) (walks over to Kirsten) she�s dead

(Sandy walks away and Kirsten watches him, helplessly. we then see Sandy sitting on their bed, and Kirsten stands at the door)

Kirsten: what're you gonna do

Sandy: well I gotta call the Professor but I...I can�t tell him this on the phone

Kirsten: I�m sorry (sits next to Sandy) it was a long time ago (puts her hand on his shoulder) maybe I need to let go of her to

Sandy: I�m gonna go...I wont be long

(Sandy leaves and Kirsten looks as though she is thinking)

CUT TO: Summer's bedroom - Summer comes through the door and walks over to her bed. she sits down and pulls the sketch book out to look at it

Summer: Princess Sparkle you are not going to believe this

(Summer opens the book and looks at the first 2 pages, she half smiles and turns the page, she smiles and turns the page again. she stops and looks like she�s thinking)

CUT TO: Lindsay and Ryan pulling up out the front of the Cohen�s. they both sit there quietly

Lindsay: ...I�m sorry

Ryan: why are you sorry

Lindsay: cause I made you come ta dinner...I know how much you hate him

Ryan: (closes his eyes) I don�t...hate him

Lindsay: yeah...well he hates you...so for you to have gone to his office for me was-

Ryan: a mistake

Lindsay: (sad) I really didn�t want anything from him, I jus wanted to ask him some questions, you know...jus stupid stuff (laughs)...maybe I don�t need a dad, you know I�ve...gone all this time without one...I turned out ok (looks at Ryan) right

Ryan: (kisses her) maybe I could talk to him

Lindsay: no

Ryan: or ask Kirsten to talk to him

Lindsay: no, you've done enough...more then enough an (looks down) you said it yourself he�s not a good guy

Ryan: yeah but he�s your dad, you sure I can�t

Lindsay: I�m sure, but thanks (nods)

(Ryan kisses Lindsay and then gets out of the car, Lindsay backs out)�

CUT TO: Marissa�s room - Marissa and Alex walk in and turn the light on

Marissa: let me jus change my shirt an then we can get outta here

Alex: your shirt is fine I�m telling you

Marissa: then why is it sticking ta me

(Marissa takes her top off so that she is standing there in her bra)

Marissa: am I bleeding (tries to look at her back)

Alex: let me see

(Alex looks at Marissa's lower back and pulls off something)

Alex: (smiles) oh wow, no you�re not bleeding, see for yourself

(Marissa smiles, then turns towards her mirror. we see that she has a tattoo in the same place as Alex does. they are also both wearing their heart necklaces {cute})

Marissa: oh my god

Alex: that is so hot

(Caleb walks in and sees the tattoo in the mirror)

Caleb: oh my god (Marissa and Alex turn around) what have you done

Marissa: nothing (picks up a shirt) get outta here Caleb

Caleb: this is my house, my home

Marissa: fine, you know what then we'll leave

(Marissa and Alex walk towards the door)

Caleb: you�re not going anywhere

Marissa: oh really, are you gonna stop me (Caleb doesn�t say anything) yeah that�s what I thought (to Alex) come on Alex

Alex: nice house (smiles)

CUT TO: Seth�s bedroom - Seth is on his bed working on his drawings. there�s a knock at the door

Seth: come in

(Summer walks in)

Seth: hey, what're you doin here

Summer: I um...I came to return something that I stole (raises eyebrows)

(Seth realises and looks under his bed)

Seth: (upside down) oh, you found it (sits on the edge of his bed) great (stands up) ok here�s the thing, I know that its totally creepy ok I know that it was just a very long summer an I�m sorry an I will destroy all of em right now I jus need ta find my exacto Kn*fe

Summer: no Cohen, don�t...I think there really good

Seth: yeah

Summer: yeah (frowns) I mean well the boobs are a little big but well I mean, aren�t they (smiles)

Seth: I can...redo the boobs

Summer: (frowns) an-an you know i-i'm not so sure about the mask either

(Seth holds up 1 finger and looks through the drawings on his bed. he holds up a picture of Summer without the mask, its great!)

Summer: (stunned) now that�s what I�m talkin about

Seth: yeah, so then...you don�t mind

Summer: no, well not as long as I have boob approval

Seth: ok

Summer: (smiles) do you mind if I uh have one'a these

Seth: uh yeah sure go ahead, you can actually have em all if you want

Summer: yeah

Seth: although maybe it�s not such a good idea...ta tell Zach about them all...or any of em

Summer: I was jus thinking the same thing

Seth: yeah jus cause you know it-it might upset the partnership an

Summer: yeah and well it could be bad for business

Seth: exactly

Summer: yeah

(Seth looks at Summer, Summer looks at Seth)

Summer: ok I�m gonna let you get back to work, because I expect my own action figure by Chrismukkah

Seth: oh (nods) wow ok well ill see what I can do

Summer: (smiles) ok...thanks Cohen

Seth: yeah (smiles)

(Summer leaves and shuts the door, Seth sits on his bed and looks down, he has a half smile)

CUT TO: A bar or club of some sort - Sandy is sitting at the bar alone, he picks up his phone and dials a number

Sandy: hey Professor...well...any chance you could meet me tonight...yeah...how bout my office...ill see you then (hangs up)

CUT TO: The pool house - Ryan is sitting in front of his bed playing the playstation and eating breakfast cereal from the box. Seth walks in

Seth: hey (Ryan looks over) how was dinner

Ryan: I wouldn�t know, Caleb took off before we could order

Seth: (sits on the bed) cause you punched him in the face

Ryan: (looks at Seth) no

Seth: (holds up his hand for a high five) but you wanted to (points) I could tell you wanted to

Ryan: ehm (grabs the second controller for Seth)

Seth: that�s good, hey listen man he deserved it I�m sure, I love the guy but come on...he�s Lex Luther

Ryan: ah it�s my fault, I keep tryin'a help, I keep makin everything worse

Seth: well, Ryan that�s what heroes do, ok what else are you gonna do with fists of fury, homework, the dishes

Ryan: how'd it go with Zach

Seth: uh great until Summer came over an stole my sketch book

Ryan: (looks at Seth) what, what'did she do

Seth: well I thought she was gonna get a restraining order but it turns out...she�s jus gonna get her own action figure

Ryan: so she liked it

Seth: yeah, I think Summer an I may be takin a step forward in our relationship

Ryan: an knowing us Lindsay an I 'll probably take a step back

Seth: hey so between the two of us

Ryan: we're right back where we started

Seth: well least we haven�t lost any ground, except you on me here we go (plays the game)

Ryan: oh

CUT TO: Sandy�s office - Sandy turns a lamp on and picks up a box. there�s a knock at the door. Max walks in

Max: oh I-I see you've got your hands full

Sandy: i-i'm sorry to have called you here so late

Max: oh no, no, no actually Sanford I-I was going to call you...I have something to show you

Sandy: what is it

(Max looks towards the door and Rebecca stands in the doorway)

Rebecca: Sandy Cohen

Sandy: (stunned) ...Rebecca (half smiles)

-Fade out