5x10 - He's Our You

Complete collection from season 1 to 6. Aired: September 2004 to May 2010.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

The survivors of a plane crash are forced to work together in order to survive on a seemingly deserted tropical island.

5x10 - He's Our You

Post by bunniefuu »

[Tikrit, Iraq]

[As the episode commences, we see a chicken coop with chickens scurrying about. To the right of the coop is a woman sitting on a stone porch reading a book. A door suddenly bursts open. A man has a boy by the back of his shirt. The man is angry and yelling at him.]

MAN: [in Arabic] Come on! You are not a child anymore. Act like a man.

[The man and dragged the boy to the chicken coop.]

MAN: [in Arabic] You must k*ll one.

[The boy looks at the coop and pauses.]

BOY: [in Arabic] I….I don't want to.

MAN: [in Arabic] You will do as your father asks.

BOY: [in Arabic] No!

MAN: [in Arabic] Listen to what I'm telling you! Come on, k*ll one of them. [puts a cleaver into the boy's hands.] You will stay outside until you do!

[The man looks sternly at the boy and turns back to the door. The boy watches. He is upset. As he looks back at the coop, another boy approaches him. This boy is shorter. He puts his arm around the shoulder of the 1st boy then shows the 1st boy some chicken feed he has in his hand. He proceeds to walk around the 1st boy and enters the coop. He places the feed on the ground and one of the birds approaches it and starts pecking at it. The boy then picks up the chicken and proceeds to break its neck. He exits the coop and hands the chicken to the horror of the boy who is still holding the cleaver. The first boy hesitates. The 2nd boys nods yes to the first boy and the 1st boy finally takes it. The voice of the man is heard. He is adressing the 1st boy.]

MAN: [in Arabic] Good for you. You did it.

BOY: It wasn't me.

MAN: [in Arabic] Well, at least one of you will be a man.

[The man approaches the 2nd boy and crouches so he is looking in the boy's eyes.]

MAN: [in Arabic] Well done, Sayid.

[Switch to Sayid in the Dharma holding cell in 1977. He is standing against a wall and looking up at the surveillance camera. He is still in handcuffs. Out side the holding area, Phil is cleaning a handgun. Young Ben enters the room holding a tray.]

YOUNG BEN: Hey Phil.

PHIL: Hey. [turns to view monitors while still wiping the handgun.]

YOUNG BEN: I brought another sandwich for him. Chicken salad this time.

PHIL: Yeah. I don't think it's the menu. He's not eating. Save yourself the trouble kid.

YOUNG BEN: But Horace told me to.

PHIL: Why does he care so much? Guy's a hostile.

YOUNG BEN: That doesn't mean he's not hungry.

PHIL: Whatever.

[Phil goes back to cleaning the g*n and Ben enters the area where the cell is.]

YOUNG BEN: [to Sayid] Brought you a sandwich … [Sayid takes the plate.] …and a book. [The book is "A Separate Reality" by Carlos, Castaneda] I read it twice. It's good.

SAYID: Thank you. [walks back to cot]

YOUNG BEN: Did Richard send you?

[Sayid is surprised and turns quickly back to Ben.]

YOUNG BEN: Richard. He's your leader, right?

[Sayid looks up at the surveillance camera then back to Ben. Ben turns and looks at the camera then back at Sayid.]

YOUNG BEN: It's just a camera. They can see but they can't hear. Four years ago I ran away into the jungle and Richard found me. I said I wanted to leave [pause] that I wanted to join you so I've been patient. And if you are patient, I think I can help you. [Ben and Sayid stare at each other saying nothing.]

LOST Logo

[Switch to a man quickly opening a door, puts down the brown grocery bag is carrying and runs down a hallway. He runs through the apartment until he closes the door to one room, slides a chain lock and puts his right ear to the door. He hears someone breaking into his apartment. He turns quickly and opens an armoire and frantically tosses items out of it. In the back is a safe, which he proceeds to unlock. Meanwhile a man breaks down the apartment door. It is Sayid. He is holding a semi-a*t*matic handgun, with a sil*ncer, in the air and proceeds to search for the man. As Sayid breaks down the door of the room the man is, the man talks frantically. He motions to Sayid to wait and then shows him several wads of bound money. He keeps offering money to Sayid who shows no emotion and sh**t the man twice. Next we see Sayid going down stairs and exiting the building. The number on the arched glass is 32. The writing appears to be Russian. Next we see Sayid exit a car and approach a large iron gate. There is an old dirty car, with the windshield covered in dirt. A man in a long coat and dark hat is standing in front of the car. As Sayid approaches, the man turns to face him. It is Ben.]

BEN: How'd it go?

SAYID: He tried to bribe me. It didn't work.

BEN: Of course it didn't.

SAYID: Where to now?

BEN: Nowhere. You're done.

SAYID: What do you mean I'm done?

BEN: We're done. Andropov was the last one. You've taken care of everyone who posed a thr*at to your friends. It's been a pleasure working with you Sayid.

[Ben walks away from Sayid.]

SAYID: So that's it? I k*lled all those people for you and now you're just walking away?

BEN: You didn't k*ll them for me Sayid. You're the one that asked for their names. There's no one else in Widmore's organization that we need to go after. Congratulations! Mission accomplished!

SAYID: What do I do now?

BEN: I suppose you should go live your life. You're free Sayid.

[Ben walks back to his car. Sayid is left dumbstruck and just watches Ben leave. Switch back to the holding cell. Two men enter. Horace unlocks and opens the cell door. He is holding shears and addresses Sayid.]

HORACE: Put out your hands. [Sayid doesn't move] Come on.

[Horace plays with the shears. Sayid puts out his hands to Horace. As Horace snips the handcuffs off Sayid we see his wedding ring. Sayid looks amazed.]

SAYID: Thank you.

[Horace hands the shears to the other Dharma man.]

HORACE: It's nice to finally hear your voice. I'm Horace. Now's the part where you tell me your name. [Sayid does not reply] I need you to tell me what you were doing out in that jungle.

RADZINSKY: Ask him about the model.

HORACE: [interrupting] Radzinsky! I got this. [pause] Those handcuffs, are you having some kind of problem with your people? Because you are in some kind of disagreement, which makes me, want to help you or you're a spy trying to infiltrate us. So which is it?

[Sayid lowers his head and says nothing. Radzinsky lets out an arrogant breath. Horace takes off his glasses and approaches Sayid. Mathematician is embroidered on Horace's jumpsuit.]

HORACE: Okay. I'm gonna give you an hour to decide whether you want to talk to me but if you decide you don't want to then I'm gonna have to take this to the next level.

[Horace exits the cell. Sayid remains silent. Radzinksy closes the cell door. Switch to the kitchen in Sawyer and Juliet's cabin. There is a frying pan sizzling on the stove. Sawyer enters and sees Juliet standing, arms crossed in front of her, by the window, looking out. She appears upset. Sawyer removes the pan as the bacon starts to burn.]

SAWYER: I think the bacon's ready.

JULIET: Hmm, I forgot.

[Sawyer walks over to her and looks out the window also.]

SAWYER: What's on the TV?

[They watch as Kate and Jack walk from Kate's cabin.]

SAWYER: Ahhh.

JULIET: It’s over, isn't it?

SAWYER: What's over?

JULIET: This. Us. Playing house. All of it. I never actually thought they'd come back.

SAWYER: So they're back. Nothing's changed.

JULIET: What if Sayid tells them who he is?

SAWYER: Sayid ain't sayin nothin.

[Juliet looks at Sawyer. She has a look of worry. He puts his hand on her cheek.]

SAWYER: Hey. I got this under control.

[They are interrupted by a knock on the door. Sawyer goes to answer the door. It is Horace.]

SAWYER: Morning H.

HORACE: Jim.

SAWYER: What's up?

HORACE: Juliet.

JULIET: Horace.

HORACE: I just spoke to the prisoner. We have a problem.

SAWYER: Why? What'd he say?

HORACE: Nothing, which is what worries me. We need to find out why he violated the truce. Why the hell he would come into our territory. I'm just gonna have to have Oldham do his thing on him

SAWYER: That psychopath? No way!

HORACE: What choice do I have?

SAWYER: Just let me have a go at him alone.

HORACE: Be my guest but I'm telling you man, he's not gonna talk.

SAWYER: Oh he'll talk to me.

[Switch to Sawyer forcefully opening the doors to the security area. Phil gets to his feet immediately.]

PHIL: Mr. LaFleur.

SAWYER: Take your lunch Phil.

PHIL: You going back there alone?

SAWYER: [sternly] Take your lunch Phil.

PHIL: Yes sir.

[Sawyer walks up to the cell holding Sayid.]

SAWYER: How you doing?

SAYID: A 12-year-old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I am doing?

SAWYER: Sweet kid, huh?

SAYID: How can you live with him here?

SAWYER: [fumbles with keys] Cause I ain't got a choice.

SAYID: Is that so?

SAWYER: Let's see how you feel after three years of living in the 70's. Lucky for you I spent that time getting myself in a position to save your ass. [Enters the cell] I'm sorry Sayid.

[Sawyer head butts Sayid. They tussle with each other.]

SAYID: What are you doing?

SAWYER: When I tell them I got your confession, I need them to believe that you didn't give it up easy.

SAYID: What confession?

SAWYER: We're gonna say you were trying to defect. You're gonna offer some intel on the Others in exchange for living with us.

SAYID: And why, in God's name, would I want to do that?

SAWYER: What the hell else am I supposed to do with you?

SAYID: Let me go!

SAWYER: And then what? I can't just let you go.

SAYID: Why not?

SAWYER: Because these people trust me. I've built a life here and a pretty good one. I let you go and all that goes away. So you got yourself a choice chief. Either you cooperate and join the party in Dharrmaville or you’re on your own.

SAYID: Then I guess I'm on my own.

[Switch to the eating area in the Dharma compound. Kate and Jack are sitting a long picnic table. Hurley is bringing a tray to them.]

HURLEY: Fresh off the griddle and don't forget to try the dipping sauces. They really bring out the ham. [sits down next to Jack.]

JACK: Thanks Hurley.

HURLEY: So what's going on with Sayid.

JACK: I don't know anything yet.

KATE: What do you mean you don't know anything? I thought you were at Sawyer's last night. What did he tell you?

JACK: Told me to leave him alone and let him do his job?

HURLEY: And you're going to?

[Jack nods yes.]

KATE: I'll talk to Juliet, see what she can tell me.

HURLEY: Well if Sawyer didn't tell you anything, why would Juliet?

KATE: Why wouldn't she?

HURLEY: 'Cause they're together.

KATE: What do you mean they're together?

HURLEY: Together. They live together like not as roommates. [Kate lowers her head] You know, together, like you guys were. Thought it was kinda obvious. I mean, who couldn't see that coming?

JACK: Hurley.

HURLEY: Well, I guess I better go make some more waffles.

[Hurley gets up and walks back to the kitchen.]

KATE: [to Jack] Did you know?

JACK: [nods] Yeah.

[Switch back to Sayid in the holding cell. He is lying on the cot. Roger Linus enters and begins to mop the floor. He stops and walks to the cell and speaks to Sayid.]

ROGER LINUS: Ya know what I can't figure out is how the hell you got caught? You hostiles are supposed to be the kings of the jungle. How dumb are you to get captured by these idiots. [laughs]

SAYID: And yet you are the one who mops up after them.

ROGER LINUS: Yeah well we'll see how cute you are once Oldham gets done with you pal.

[As Roger goes back to mopping the floor, young Ben enters with a tray. He looks at his father in fear.]

ROGER LINUS: What the hell are you doing here?

YOUNG BEN: I was bringing you a sandwich. [offers the tray to his father]

ROGER LINUS: A sandwich? [exhales] You never made me a sandwich in your life.

YOUNG BEN: Yeah, well [stutters] I made one for myself…

ROGER LINUS: Uh huh?

YOUNG BEN: …so, so I just thought that

[Roger grabs Ben and roughly pulls him to the cell bars.]

ROGER LINUS: Oh yeah?

YOUNG BEN: Dad, don't!

ROGER LINUS: Don't you lie to me.

[Sayid gets up from the cot and looks at Roger as he slams Ben into the cell bars again.]

ROGER LINUS: What are you doing here?

[Roger pulls a frightened Ben from the cell bars with one hand while still holding the tray.]

ROGER LINUS: You made this sandwich for him, didn't you? Hmm?

YOUNG BEN: [whimpers] Yes.

ROGER LINUS: Who told you to do that?

YOUNG BEN: Nobody.

ROGER LINUS: Nobody. [squeezes Ben's arm harder]

YOUNG BEN: [almost crying] I just thought that…

ROGER LINUS: You just thought huh.

[Ben is terrified and leaves in tears.]

ROGER LINUS: Go home. Shoves Ben out the door] Go on! I'll tell you what to think.

[Roger and Sayid exchange glares as Roger throws the tray against the wall. As the plate breaks, Roger exits the cell area and locks the door. Switch to a waterfront area where houses are being built. Sayid is wearing a yellow and blue t-shirt and carrying several 2 by 4's.]

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

[Sayid is wearing a T-Shirt with a house/world logo and the words “BUILD OUR WORLD. As he prepares to saw a 2 by 4 he pauses, turns around and see Ben Linus. Ben smiles at Sayid.]

SAYID: How did you find me?

BEN: I looked.

SAYID: What do you want Ben/

BEN: John Locke is dead. I think he was m*rder*d.

SAYID: Why would anyone k*ll him?

BEN: I'd say it was retribution for the work you and I have been doing. [walks toward Sayid] So you are in danger Sayid. If I can find you so can the people who found Locke. The same people, who. even as we speak, are sitting outside Hugo's mental institution.

SAYID: They’re watching him?

BEN: A man in a sedan has been there all week. Just waiting, presumably for you or me to show our faces.

SAYID: And that's why you're here. You actually came all this way to suggest that I k*ll this man.

BEN: You don't want to?

SAYID: What makes you think I want to?

BEN: Because Sayid, to put it simply, you're capable of things that most other men aren't. Every choice you've made in your life, whether it was to m*rder or to t*rture, it hasn't really been a choice at all, has it?

[Sayid is silent.]

BEN: It's in your nature. Its what you are. You're a k*ller Sayid.

SAYID: I'm not what you think I am. I don't like k*lling.

BEN: Well then, I apologize. I was mistaken about you.

[Switch back to the holding cell. Five men enter the area: Sawyer, Phil, Radzinsky and 2 other Dharma men. The cell door is unlocked. Sawyer approaches Sayid.]

SAWYER: Alright. Last chance. Ya got anything to say?

[Sayid remains silent.] Sawyer stun g*ns Sayid.]

SAWYER: Take him to Oldham.

[Switch to a blue and white VW van driving on a dirt road. Sawyer, Horace, Phil, Radzinsky get out of the van with Sayid, again in handcuffs, and start walking. There is music playing in the background. It is Billie Holiday's "I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby."]

I can't give you anything but love, baby.

That's the only thing I've plenty of, baby.

Dream a while. Scheme a while.

You're sure to find,

Happiness, and I guess…

[The group approaches a teepee type tent made of various blankets.]

HORACE: Oldham. Hey man, are we ready?

[Outside the tent is an old phonograph with a large horn. Oldham exits the tent and turns the phonograph off. He walks to a table with various jars on top.]

SAYID: Who is that man?

SAWYER: He's our you.

[Oldham walks to Sayid. He has a small dish with a sugar cube on it. He uses an eyedropper to put liquid on the cube. He attempts to put it in Sayid's mouth however Sayid turns away.]

OLDHAM: You better put him in the restraints.

[A struggle ensues as Radzinsky and Phil push Sayid against a tree. Phil removes the handcuffs and puts Sayid's left wrist in a cloth restraint. Radzinsky puts the right wrist in a restraint. Sawyer looks on.]

OLDHAM: Don't worry. They're for your protection. There are side effects to what I am giving you. [to Phil] Open his mouth.

PHIL: Open!

[Oldham puts the sugar cube in Sayid's mouth and closes his Jaw. We can hear the cube crunch.]

OLDHAM: Don't be afraid. Just turn your mind off. Let it take effect.

[Sayid lunges at Oldham however the restraints keep his head about six inches from Oldham's. Sayid is weakening. He it trying to fight whatever was given to him.]

OLDHAM: It's beyond your control so fighting it is a poor use of your energies. You see whether you struggle or not, one thing's for sure friend, you will tell us the truth.

[Switch to a marina. Ben, Sun, Kate, Jack, and Sayid are on the pier.] Sun had a g*n to Ben's throat.]

BEN: There's somebody. Somebody here in Los Angeles, let me take you to them.

SUN: Who?

BEN: The same person that's going to show us how to get back to the island

KATE: So that's what this is about? This is insane. You are all crazy.

[Kate walks to her car, gets in and drives away. Sayid starts walking away.]

BEN: Sayid, where are you going?

SAYID: I don't want any part of this. [points to Ben] If I see you again it'll be extremely unpleasant for us both.

[Sayid turns and walks away. Switch to a lounge. Sayid is sitting at the bar downing a drink. A woman speaks. It is Ilana.]

ILANA: You have a menu?

BARTENDER: Here you go. [to Sayid] Sir, another McCutcheon?

SAYID: Please.

ILANA: What's that run you?

SAYID: Excuse me?

ILANA: That scotch. What's a glass of that run you?

SAYID: Whatever it is, it's worth it.

ILANA: I don't understand why someone would pay a hundred and twenty bucks for a glass of anything.

SAYID: If you knew what my drink cost, why did you ask me?

ILANA: The same reason I am eating my dinner here instead of a table. I'll have the rib eye, bloody.

BARTENDER: Yes ma'am. Rib eye, bloody.

SAYID: Are you a professional?

ILANA: A professional what? You think I'm a prost*tute? I'm not a professional anything, I just thought you looked sad. I like sad men.

SAYID: I'm sorry to hear that.

[Ilana moves to the seat next to Sayid.]

ILANA: So, other than drinking alone at bars, what do you do [pause] for a living?

SAYID: I'm between jobs at the moment.

ILANA: So what did you do?

SAYID: The only thing I was ever good at.

ILANA: Then why did you quit?

SAYID: I'm trying to change.

ILANA: I know why you're sad now.

SAYID: Do you?

ILANA: When you are that good at something, there are always going to be people who tempt you, into staying the same.

SAYID: And how do you know so much about temptation?

ILANA: Buy me a glass of that scotch and I'll tell you.

[Switch back to the teepee where Sayid is restrained to a tree and staring at the sky. Sawyer watches as Horace walks over to Sayid.]

HORACE: Hello? Hello there.

[Sayid stares ahead blankly as Horace walks away and Oldham approaches.]

OLDHAM: I'm gonna ask you a few questions. I want you to relax and answer them truthfully, not that you'll have any choice about it. What is your name?

SAYID: Sayid. Sayid Jarrah.

[Radzinsky moves in closer keeping his eyes on Sayid. Sawyer tries not to appear concerned to the rest of the group. What was on the sugar cube has made Sayid high.]

OLDHAM: Alright Sayid. Why were you in handcuffs when we found you?]

SAYID: [bows head] Because, because I am a very bad man.

OLDHAM: Were you running away from your people?

SAYID: What people?

OLDHAM: The Hostiles.

SAYID: I am not a Hostile.

[Radzinsky is finding hard to contain his anger and turns away. He has his arms crossed in front of his chest.]

HORACE: Then where did you come from Sayid?

SAYID: I came on a plane

OLDHAM: What plane?

SAYID: Ajira Flight 3-1-6. And that's how I returned to the island.

OLDHAM: Returned? You've been here before?

SAYID: Oh yes. The first time I was on Oceanic Flight 8-1-5, crashed. I was here 100 days then I left.

[Sawyer begins to pass as Sayid tells the truth.]

SAYID: Ask Sawyer.

OLDHAM: Who's Sawyer?

RADZINSKY]: [in a huff] Who cares? None of this matters. Ask him about the Flame.

HORACE: [to Radzinsky] Quiet.

OLDHAM: What do you know about our stations here?

SAYID: I know the Flame was a communications station. The Pearl was to observe other stations. The Swan was to study electromagnetism but of course that was before the Incident..

[Phil is shocked. Radzinsky is about to lose his temper again.]

RADZINSKY: The Swan? How could he know what we were gonna name it? We haven't even built it yet. [points to Sawyer] I told you, he saw the model. Ya see? He is a spy?

HORACE: [to Radzinsky] Hey!

[Radzinsky acts like a child having a temper tantrum. He turns and crosses his arms across his chest again.]

RADZINSKY: I knew it.

HORACE: Radzinsky! I'm not gonna tell you again. Cool it!

SAYID: You're all going to die you know.

[Everyone is stunned. Sawyer lowers his head.]

HORACE: What?

SAYID: You're going to be k*lled.

HORACE: How exactly would you know this Sayid?

SAYID: Because I am from the future.

OLDHAM: Maybe I should use half a dropper? Oops.

[Sayid starts a strong, cackling laugh.]

SAYID: You used exactly enough. [laughs]

[Switch to the Dharma motor pool area. Juliet is walking as Kate follows. She is giving Kate a tour.]]

JULIET: Bench grinder, lube equipment, drill press over here. Plugs, bearings, sockets, ratchets, here. How are you with a flat four engine? You have no idea what I'm talking about.

KATE: No, not really.

JULIET: It's okay. Jack told you about us.

KATE: No, Hurley actually.

[There is an awkward moment between the two women.]

JULIET: It's kind of a relief, actually. I wasn't quite sure how to do it without it sounding like I was telling you to stay away.

KATE: It's fine.

[A Dharma van stops in front of the motor pool. Horace is driving. He exits the van. Radzinsky and Phil escort Sayid from the van. Sawyer follows the group. Juliet and Kate try not to appear surprised. Sayid looks at the two women. Sawyer pauses, looks at Juliet and the continues to walk away. Switch to the living room in Horace and Amy's cabin. There is a group of Dharma folks gathered in a circle. Amy stands, rocking Ethan in her arms.]

HORACE: Alright. What do we do with him?

RADZINSKY: We k*ll him.

SAWYER: Hold on a second. We're not k*lling anyone, right?

RADZINSKY: He violated the truce. What do you think they would do if they caught one of us?

SAWYER: Since when did we start acting like them? We're civilized.

[Radzinsky leans forward in his chair, fills with anger, then sits back ready to explode.]

SAWYER: Yes we are. We have a rule of law and we've given him every opportunity to defend himself.

RADZINSKY: Blah, blah, blah. Need I remind you, this man's seen things. He knows things. There's nothing to talk about. [pause] He is a spy.

SAWYER: You sure about that Stu? He was trying to escape from the Hostiles. He obviously has problems with his people.

RADZINSKY: Yeah and sharing our secrets are the quickest way for him to solve those problems.

HORACE: Okay. I'm gonna need a little more time to consider.

RADZINSKY: [angered] Consider? The longer he is among us the more danger we're in.

SAWYER: I can talk to him Horace. I just need more time.

RADZINSKY: [flies into a rage] No! You've had your chance LaFleur

SAWYER: Why we on your clock Radzinsky?

RADZINSKY: Horace! You've got to call for a vote. Either we make a decision or I call Ann Arbor [pause] and they make it for us.

AMY: Radzinsky's right. Horace please? I can't sleep with one eye open. We have a baby now. We have to think about Ethan. We have to think about all the children here. How are we going to feel safe with this man around? I don't know what he's up to but we can't keep him here. We have no choice.

[Sawyer is concerned. Horace is concerned.]

HORACE: [exhales deeply] Okay. Let's put it to a vote. All in favor of Radzinsky's solution raise your hand.

[Radzinsky raises his hand first. Slowly others raise their hands. Sawyer is the only one with his hand down.]

RADZINSKY: LaFleur?

HORACE: [to Sawyer] I'd really like to say it was unanimous.

[There is anger on Sawyer's face. Reluctantly, Sawyer raises his hand. Switch to Sayid and Ilana as the push open the door to a hotel room. They are embracing and kissing passionately. He carries her into the room.]

ILANA: Just for the record, I really was just having dinner.

SAYID: Are you afraid I'll get the wrong idea?

[They continue passionate kisses. He then puts her down on the bed.]

ILANA: I think it's too late for that.

[Sayid stands at the foot of the bed and holds Ilana's leg up by the ankle of her knee high leather boot.]

ILANA: Take it off.

[Sayid slowly unzips her right boot. Ilana props herself on her elbows. As Sayid is almost done unzipping, she unexpectedly kicks him in the face using the foot with the unzipped boot then uses the other foot. She grabs the stunned Sayid and throws him in the bed. Sayid feels an elbow to his jaw. Quickly she turns and grabs a semi-a*t*matic handgun and aims at Sayid.]

ILANA: You so much as flinch and you're dead.

SAYID: So who are you?

ILANA: You asked me earlier if I was a professional. I am a professional. I was hired to bring you to Guam.

SAYID: Who hired you?

ILANA: The family of Peter Avellino. The man you k*lled in cold blood last year on a golf course in the Seychelles.

SAYID: You're a bounty hunter?

ILANA: Doesn't matter what I am. You're going to answer for what you've done.

[Switch to the holding cell, which is being unlocked and opened by Sawyer. Sayid is sitting on the cot. Sawyer stands in front of him.]

SAWYER: Hit me in the face.

SAYID: What?

SAWYER: Go on, you owe me one anyway, so make it a good one. Then I want you to take these keys out of my pocket and let yourself out. Guard outside is Phil. He's a dimwit. So I reckon you can get his g*n before he realizes you're out. Just promise me you won't sh**t him.

SAYID: I appreciate the offer but I am fine right here.

SAWYER: They're gonna k*ll you. They just took a vote. Even the new mom wants you dead.

SAYID: I am going to stay here James.

SAWYER: This morning you were begging me to let you go. Why would you change….

SAYID: [interrupts] Because when I woke up in the jungle and I realized I was back on this island, I felt there was no purpose to it. But now I know exactly why I am here.

SAWYER: To get sh*t?! Then what? You're out of your mind.

[Sayid and Sawyer just stare at each other. Sawyer sighs then proceeds to leave the cell, locking it behind him. Switch to his cabin. He pauses at the door then exits. He walks quickly to a cabin and knocks on the door. Kate answers.]

SAWYER: Hey.

KATE: Hi.

[They pause a moment then Kate comes out on the porch, closing the door behind her.]

SAWYER: Why did you come back?

KATE: What?

SAWYER: Sayid just filled my ear full of some crap about his damn purpose and I wanna know why did y'all come back?

KATE: Uh…

SAWYER: Why Kate?

KATE: I don't know why everyone else came back. I just know why I did.

[The two are interrupted by the sound of a vehicle approaching. Sawyer moves to get a good look.]

SAWYER: What?

[There is a blue and white Dharma VW van, aflame, racing toward a cabin. No one is driving. It crashes through gates and bushes and crashes into one of the cabins.]

SAWYER: What the hell?

[Sawyer and Kate run to the burning cabin. A woman breaks a window with a chair and climbs out the burning cabin.]

KATE: I Are you okay?

[Sawyer runs to a water tower and frantically turns a wheel. There is chaos. People are heard in the background are calling out. Some are barking orders. Sawyer addresses one of the men.]

SAWYER: Gregg! Grab a wrench! Open those valves. Get the hoses goin!

GREGG: Okay!

[Another woman is pulled from the burning cabin. Kate helps one woman. The three run away from the cabin. The van and cabin explode.]

SAWYER: Eric! Grab the fire gear! Phil! Go help Gregg!

[Jack approaches the burning building then stops and looks.]

JACK: What the hell happened?

SAWYER: Three years, no burning busses. Y'all back for one day! Get on that hose!

[Juliet runs out of the cabin. She approaches and helps Gregg as he starts unrolling a hose. Jack has a hose and it hosing down the burning cabin.]

SAWYER: Glen! This hose!

GREGG: I got it! Watch out. Pull!

SAWYER: [on walkie] All security! All Security! This is LaFleur! We have a fire! Everyone get to building 15 now!

PHIL: Roger that! I'm on my way.

[Phil grabs his r*fle and quickly exits the Flame leaving the door ajar. A person in a hooded jacket waits for Phil to leave then walks through the door. We do not see a face. He enters the holding cell area.]

SAYID: What happened to your glasses?

YOUNG BEN: [lowers head] My dad.

[The eyeglasses have white tape on both temple hinges. Ben looks at Sayid silently.]

SAYID: For bringing me the sandwich. I know. My father was a hard man as well.

YOUNG BEN: [crying] I really hate it here. If I let you out, will you take me with you? To your people?

SAYID: Yes Ben, I will. [pause] That's why I'm here.

[Switch to airport terminal]

PA VOICE: Attention passengers. Ajira Airlines Flight Three Sixteen headed for Guam (inaudible).

[Ilana is escorting Sayid through the terminal. He is in handcuffs. As the approach the Gate, Sayid sees Hurley at the counter. He gets nervous.]

SAYID: [to Ilana] Are you sure we're going to Guam?

ILANA: Where else would we be going?

[Sayid looks around the gate waiting area. He sees Jack approach Hurley and stops in his tracks. Next Sayid notices Kate. He is getting more nervous.]

SAYID: [to Ilana] Can I ask you a favor? Can we get the next plane?

ILANA: Why?

SAYID: I'm very superstitious when it comes to flying.

ILANA: I'll buy you a rabbit's foot at the gift shop. This is the plane we're taking.

[They proceed to the gate. Switch to on the plane. Sayid looks around and sees Sun. He sits back even more concerned.]

ILANA: Sorry about the handcuffs but at least we're in business. We hear a voice in the background. It is Ben.]

BEN: Hold up! Wait, please? Thank you for not closing it.

[As Ben enters the cabin, his eyes meet Sayid's He continues to walk up the aisle.]

HURLEY: What's he doing here? No, no he (Ben) can't come.

JACK: [to Hurley] Hey, hey. If you wanna get back this [pats Ben's shoulder] is how it's gonna have to be.]

SAYID: [to Ilana] Are you working for Benjamin Linus?

ILANA: What?

SAYID: [angry] Are you working for him?

ILANA: Who's Benjamin Linus?

SAYID: He's a liar. A manipulator. A man who allowed his own daughter to be m*rder*d to save himself. A monster responsible for nothing short of genocide.

ILANA: Why would I work for someone like that?

SAYID: I did.

[Switch to the holding cell. Young Ben unlocks then opens the cell door. Sayid looks at him. Ben turns and walks away. Sayid follows. Switch to Young Ben and Sayid running through the jungle at night. Headlights come upon them. Sayid pushes Ben into the foliage.]

YOUNG BEN: [falling] Oh!

[Sayid stops then turns and joins Ben in the foliage.]

SAYID: Hide!

[As they go deeper into the foliage, the VW van passes them then stops. The headlights turn off. Sayid looks closer to the road.

SAYID: [to Ben] Shh!

[The driver of the van gets out and is carrying a flashlight. It is Jin. He has a handgun in his right hand, flashlight in his left. Sayid walks out from the foliage.]

SAYID: Jin?

JIN: [relieved] Sayid. What are you doing here? How did you get out?

SAYID: Sawyer let me go. They were going to k*ll me.

JIN: [baffled] What?

PHIL: [from walkie] Attention! The prisoner has escaped! The Hostile is no longer in custody. Be on the lookout. He could be armed.

SAYID: They don't know he released me. Please Jin, I need to keep moving.

JIN: Okay. Let me talk to him first. [walkie] LaFleur, this is Jin here. Come in.

[Sayid flips Jin onto his back then punches him in the face. Jin is unconscious. Ben looks on stunned.]

YOUNG BEN: [smiling] Whoa! Where'd you learn to do that?

[Sayid takes Jin's sidearm.]

YOUNG BEN: Come on. We better go. [walking away] He called LaFleur.

[Ben stops walking and looks back at Sayid. Sayid is still crouched over Jin.]

SAYID: You were right about me.

YOUNG BEN: What?

SAYID: I am a k*ller.

[Sayid sh**t Ben in left side of his chest, close to the zipper on his jacket. There are tears in Sayid's eyes. Ben falls, face down, to the ground. Sayid stands up. He is crying. He walks passed Ben's body and runs away into the jungle.]