02x14 - The Rainy Day Women

All episode transcripts for the TV show "The O.C.". Aired August 2003 - April 2007.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

02x14 - The Rainy Day Women

Post by bunniefuu »

(Opening scene - The first thing we see is RAIN over the ocean, lots and lots of rain. then we hear thunder and I have to mention this because it really made the scene, the song No Rain by Blind Melon begins to play. I think it was a perfect choice for this scene! And while I'm on a tangent, a bit of trivia. the week this episode aired it was actually really raining in LA so it made it that much more believable, I thought that was neat they were able to fluke it like that! OK back to the scene! the scene to this voice over is an aerial sh*t of the ocean, then of houses.)

Guy: well I cannot believe I'm saying this but it's raining in the OC

Girl: I know its crazy (thunder) I gotta tell ya the traffic is a nightmare, the four o five is jammed, the five the seven ten there all gridlocked.

Guy: stay safe, stay dry an lets all pray for sunshine again.

(OK, we now see the outside of the Cohen house, it looks very dreary and the rain is of course still coming down. we then see Ryan inside the pool house. he draws up his blinds to see the rain over the glass panel in his door. he stares for a minute, shocked. we see the rain pouring down on the pool. Ryan draws up another blind - we then go inside the Cohen house where Seth is walking, he heads into the kitchen towards the back door and stops suddenly. he looks out through the glass paneling in the door just like Ryan did. there is a bolt of lightening and a loud clap of thunder. Seth sees Ryan at his door. Ryan puts his hand on his door handle but doesn't open it. Seth motions for Ryan to come over to him. Ryan screws up his face and shakes his head, and motions for Seth to go to him. Seth again motions for Ryan to go to him. Ryan again motions for Seth to go to him {neither like the idea of having to go out in the rain lol} Seth looks sadly at Ryan and walks away from the door, he comes back to the door with a HUGE grin on his face, and a basket of bagels, he waves them around at Ryan trying to bribe him into coming to the kitchen. Ryan shakes his head, half smiles then screws his face up. Seth puts the bagels back, disappointed. Seth walks back over to the door with his tongue poking out a little, and he has a phone to his ear. we hear a ringing sound. Ryan walks back over to his door and answers his phone.)

Seth: Hey I kinda need'a talk to you so, you comin over for breakfast.

Ryan: Uh you know I got a little cleanin up to do, why don't you swing by the pool house.

Seth: Uh, have you looked out the window, it's like the opening sequence from day after tomorrow.

Ryan: Its jus Rain, I'll be here if you need'a talk.

Seth: Dude, come on, I'm a child of southern California I can't go out in this I'll melt (Ryan doesn't budge) you wanna do it over the phone.

Ryan: Works for me.

Seth: (walks to the table) So does this weather, its very uh reflective (sits) of my current emotional state.

Ryan: Yeah I know what you mean (sits on the bed)

Seth: ...(sad) So I'm gonna lose her man...Summers leavin for Italy tomorrow, its gonna be nothin but canollis an canoodling with Zach.

Ryan: Yeah well I haven't talked ta Lindsay since she ran out at Caleb's.

Seth: Well you should talk to her.

Ryan: She doesn't wanna talk ta anyone.

Seth: I don't know, maybe it'll all work out for the best.

Ryan: Yeah maybe.

(lightening and thunder)

Seth: (walks towards the door) You don't think that's god tryin'a tell us anything do you.

Ryan: (walks to the door) I'm not gonna take that chance, I've gotta talk to Lindsay.

Seth: Yeah, d'you think we should stick together...kinda two by two like Noah did...he's very wise Ryan he had a beard.

Ryan: Its jus rain, it can't hurt us.

(thunder and lightening again. Seth and Ryan both look at it)

Seth: Not worse then our women can.

(Ryan looks at Seth, Seth puts his hand on the glass and it slides down dramatically. they both look miserable)

Theme song - California by Phantom planet.

Cohen house - we see the outside first, still as dreary as before. we hear thunder and the rain falling on the pavement. we then see through Sandy and Kirsten's bedroom door, it is very dreary and Kirsten is still in bed. we then see Kirsten from above, she is frowning with her hands together on her chest, she looks so sad. she looks over to the right over her at a photo of her and Sandy, they look SO happy. Kirsten puts the photo face down so she can't see it. Sandy comes out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel.

Sandy: Its ten o'clock...are you gonna stay in bed all day.

Kirsten: Maybe...I like it here.

Sandy: (sits on the bed near Kirsten) You know I feel like...like we've become like strangers.

Kirsten: Well I was taught (rolls over) Never to talk to strangers.

Sandy: Funny.

Kirsten: Not trying to be.

Sandy: ...I'm sorry you're upset.

Kirsten: Really, cause the last time I checked everything was all my fault.

Sandy: I never said that.

Kirsten: Not in those exact words.

(Sandy phone rings and Kirsten closes her eyes. Sandy gets up to answer it, Kirsten opens her eyes)

Sandy: Hello.

Rebecca: Sandy.

Sandy: Rebecca:

Kirsten: (angry) Now I'm up (starts to get out of bed)

(Rebecca is in a diner somewhere)

Rebecca: I wanted to run Sandy I um got on a bus I was on my way (sighs) but I realised I couldn't leave without saying goodbye.

(Kirsten leaves the room quickly, Sandy follows her. while Sandy is saying the below. we see Kirsten walking away from him and putting her robe on, Sandy stands in the doorway of their room watching her)

Sandy: Well as long as you don't flee we have a chance with your case, please, stay where you are.

CUT TO: Caleb's mansion - Julie is in the kitchen making bagels, Marissa and Alex come in.

Marissa: Hey.

Julie: (cheery) Good morning Mariss- (sees Alex) Oh I didn't know you had a friend over last night (to Alex) I'm Julie Cooper-Nichol (shakes Alex's hand)

Alex: Alex.

Julie: Ah so you're the feisty young lady Caleb mentioned (Marissa looks at Alex, Alex looks at Julie) Well I was jus making bagels I figure if the Cohen's can do it why cant we.

Alex: Uh none for me thanks I don't eat breakfast.

Julie: Ah that's very punk of you (Marissa frowns) You know I use'ta like the punk in my day.

Marissa: Mom.

Julie: Oh your right Marissa, it still is my day, I was jus being modest (smiles)

(Alex smiles. Julie's bagels pop up in the toaster. Alex smiles at Marissa. Julie is standing at the toaster with her back to the girls. Marissa smiles at Alex)

Julie: We'll be keeping kosher in no time.

(Marissa playfully throws a piece of food at Alex, Alex gasps then they kiss heatedly. remember this is all going on behind Julies back)

Julie: So how bout this weather (we see Alex and Marissa kissing, close up) huh, unbelievable (turns around)

(Marissa and Alex quickly stop kissing and smile at Julie, Marissa looks as though she's trying hard not to laugh)

Alex: Yeah, think I have to go but very nice to meet you (points)

Julie: Oh (puts her fist up) rock on.

(Marissa looks at Julie, Alex leaves. Marissa goes to the fridge)

Julie: She seems nice.

Marissa: Ah-huh.

Julie: An you know I have no problem if you want a friend to stay over its just if you could let me know before hand.

Marissa: Oh you didn't get the memo.

Julie: (fake laughs) You know what Marissa I don't think it's too much to ask to know what's going on underneath my roof that's all.

Marissa: Oh, you wanna know what's going on with me...I'm gonna tell you the truth, no screaming, no crying...jus the truth.

Julie: You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that.

Marissa: Hold that thought...Alex is my girlfriend.

Julie: I know (smiles) an I'm so happy that you've made a new friend, although I hope you keep seeing Summer-

Marissa: No mom not my friend who's a girl...my girl-friend (Julie is stunned) yeah.

(Marissa walks away and Julie is still staring, stunned, her mouth opens. we hear thunder)

CUT TO: Lindsay's house - we hear/see Lindsay playing the obo, we then hear the doorbell. Lindsay continues playing, we then hear the doorbell being pressed more urgently. Lindsay closes her eyes and stops playing, she sighs and puts the obo down. we then see her looking at a packed suitcase. she sighs again. we then hear knocking on her window. she looks over and then walks over and draws up the blind. a VERY soaked Ryan is standing there. Lindsay sees him then opens the window.

Lindsay: What're you doing.

Ryan: You wouldn't open the door.

Lindsay: (nods) That's cause I don't wanna see anyone.

Ryan: Please let me in...I rode my bike here, bicycle monsoon seriously floored plan, I'm freezing.

Lindsay: (smiles) Come on.

(Lindsay helps Ryan climb through the window. Ryan falls head first and we see his feet go up in the air. Lindsay squeals)

Lindsay: (laughs) Are you OK?

Ryan: (lying face down on the floor) Yeah.

Lindsay: (laughing) Alright, hold on (goes to get Ryan a towel)

(Ryan gets up and shuts the window)

Lindsay: OK come here.

(Lindsay wraps the towel around Ryan, they share a moment. Lindsay walks back over to her bed)

Ryan: Well you coulda opened the door for me a half hour ago.

Lindsay: Uh I thought you were Caleb (looks at Ryan) showing up to drive me to my DNA test.

Ryan: (walks towards Lindsay) He scheduled you a DNA test.

Lindsay: Mm-hmm, it was either that or the pony.

Ryan: So you're not goin.

Lindsay: Mm no way.

Ryan: (sees the suitcase) But you're...goin somewhere.

Lindsay: Uh yeah I wassss gonna pack up to move in with my dad (nods) but since he might not be my dad uh I was thinkin about (Ryan looks at her) packin up for...uh maybe (shrugs) I don't know Chicago.

Ryan: (laughs) ...w- I don't (frowns) know Chicago.

Lindsay: (nods) Yeah, we have family there (sits on the bed) actual no doubt about it family an my mom is thinking that it getting out about her an Caleb...that maybe the best thing would be (shakes her head) ta start over.

Ryan: (sits next to Lindsay) (shocked) You'd go with her.

Lindsay: (looks at Ryan) (nods) Well if Caleb's not my dad what else can I do.

Ryan: Except you don't know he's not your dad.

Lindsay: (looks down, sighs) (looks at Ryan) I don't know that I wanna know.

Ryan: Well then it's not gonna stop until you know the truth, an besides...if you are his daughter at least you'll have reason to stay (Lindsay looks at him) I mean your other reason.

(they both smile)

Lindsay: I don't know Ryan...DNA test...just sounds so sci-fi scary.

Ryan: (looks at Lindsay) I'll go with you (Lindsay doesn't say anything) Hmm.

Lindsay: (whispers) OK (nods)

CUT TO: Summers bedroom - Summer is in an awful fancy yellow dress.

Summer: (frowns) Who looks good in this much yellow (pulls at the frills near her neck) (moves closer to the mirror) Ai, ai ,ai (knock at the door) Zach (walks to the door) Thank god look I really don't know about this dress (opens the door)

(Seth is standing there wearing a Spiderman mask, and the top of his shirt is soaked)

Seth: Hi (waves) I'm just your friendly neighbourhood Seth Cohen.

Summer: (nods) OK...what.

Seth: Well I look stupid in hats, an I don't have a raincoat so (pulls off the mask) Spiderman here is really the only protective waterproof head gear I own.

Summer: (arms folded) Well it's to bad you weren't wearing protective head gear when you were dropped on your head as a child (walks away)

Seth: (fake laughs) Zing (puts up a finger) (walks in) So listen um I know that my visits to your bedroom are probably getting a little bit repetitive.

Summer: (nods) Mm you are helping me miss you less.

Seth: That's great, so um (sees Summers luggage) Wow your really goin huh.

Summer: Yeah, course I'm going how could I not be I am in his sisters wedding.

Seth: You are.

Summer: Why do you think I look like lemon meringue...bridesmaids dress.

Seth: ...your a bridesmaid (Summer nods) Oh (swallows) Wow that's really uh I guess you an Zach are really serious.

Summer: Look Cohen (frowns) are we gonna do this again, or did you like actually come here to advance the plot.

Seth: (mumbles) Your like part of his family (Summer looks sad) OK the reason I came by is to tell you (Summer looks at him) ...uh you need'ta take a special plug for the outlets there (swallows) for your hair dryer don't want ya to brown out western Europe (Summer looks down) (near the door) Goodbye again (points) and uh you have a safe flight (Summer walks towards the door) jus bon voyage (waves)

(Summer closes the door and leans against it, looking lost. Seth is on the other side of the door leaning against it. he puts his Spiderman mask back on, sad and slowly walks away)

CUT TO: A diner - we see Sandy get out his car and go inside. Rebecca is sitting at a booth and she calls him over.

Rebecca: Thanks for coming.

Sandy: (sits) Oh it wasn't easy, rains in southern California all of a sudden nobody can drive.

(Rebecca smiles and drinks her coffee. her fingers shake)

Sandy: (notices) Your shaking.

Rebecca: (sighs) Sandy I don't wanna run anymore.

Sandy: So come back with me.

Rebecca: An do what, sit in jail...destroy your marriage.

Sandy: My marriage has nothin to do with your case (Rebecca looks at him) Come back with me we'll explore amnesty or some kinda plea bargain, I think we can make this right.

(Rebecca and Sandy look at each other)

CUT TO: Alex's apartment - there is an urgent knocking, Alex opens the door. Marissa is standing there soaking wet. she walks in and kisses Alex.

Alex: Wow.

Marissa: (smiles) I told her.

Alex: You told who what.

Marissa: My mom, about us I cant believe it but I did.

Alex: (stunned, closes the door) You uh you told her.

Marissa: Whoa, I thought you'd be happy.

Alex: No I- it jus depends did you tell her to piss her off.

Marissa: Hey look (moves closer to Alex) I told her so this could be real (puts her hands on Alex's hair, then her shoulders) for us.

Alex: Wow.

Marissa: Mm-hmm.

Alex: (smiles) So...what happens now.

Marissa: She's probably having a melt down as we speak so I mean I can't (raises eyebrows, shrugs) go home.

Alex: So stay here.

Marissa: Are you sure.

Alex: But first, lets get you outta these wet clothes (smiles)

(Marissa smiles and they kiss)

CUT TO: Lindsay's - Ryan and Lindsay walk into her bedroom. they both take off their jackets.

Lindsay: Thanks for coming with me.

Ryan: Hey, what's more romantic then a DNA test.

(Lindsay laughs and lies back on her bed)

Lindsay: Yeah, maybe we can uh donate kidneys one Saturday night.

(Ryan moves on top of Lindsay, holding himself up with his arms)

Ryan: Oooh, now we're talkin (Lindsay laughs and they kiss)

Lindsay: Mmm, so if in twenty four hours turns out Caleb is my dad (Ryan kisses her neck)

Ryan: Talkin dirty to me.

(Lindsay laughs, they kiss and she pushes Ryan so he's next to her on the bed)

Ryan: Sorry (Lindsay laughs) Well if it does come back positive then...he'll adopt you right.

Lindsay: ...right...except I don't know if I want him to adopt him.

Ryan: Well your not going to Chicago (strokes Lindsay's face) so lets jus forget about that option.

Lindsay: (touches Ryan's hand) No I...I know that (Ryan smiles) I couldn't...handle the cold, an the wind.

Ryan: It is the windy city.

Lindsay: I'm not a big fan of deep dish pizza.

Ryan: Thin crust only way to go.

Lindsay: ...I couldn't be without you.

Ryan: Mm so (puts his arm behind Lindsay's head so her head is on his chest) I come in right below pizza that's good to know (puts his hand on Lindsays)

Lindsay: (has her arm around Ryans waist) Yeah well a girls gotta eat.

Ryan: (sighs) Yeah.

(they both look worried)

CUT TO: Kirsten's office - Kirsten is sitting at her desk looking very lost, and alone. she has her eyes closed. Julie comes in.

Julie: What're you doing here late on a Saturday.

Kirsten: (looks over) Oh hey Julie, I'm jus tryin'a distract myself an failing, what about you.

Julie: Same...so how long is this weather spose'ta last.

Kirsten: ? says twenty four hours.

Julie: (sighs) I don't think my hair can take it.

Kirsten: I don't know if my marriage can.

Julie: Oooh, gossip (sits)

Kirsten: You have no idea.

Julie: (smiles) Wanna break inta Caleb's liquor cabinet, dish some dirt.

(the next thing we see is Kirsten smoking a cigar. she coughs. Julie has the thingy that cuts the head of cigars and she is opening and closing it with her fingers)

Julie: (evil look) I'd like ta use this on Caleb some times.

Kirsten: (screws up her face from the cigar) I know what you mean.

Julie: More scotch.

Kirsten: Sure why not.

Julie: Nothin like a rainy day ta reflect on what a mess your life is huh...I mean not yours per-se it was you know the universal you.

Kirsten: (coughs) My life is a pretty big mess...I may even b*at you on that one.

Julie: Oh I don't think so honey but go ahead (drinks)

Kirsten: Well my husband is currently transporting a fugitive...(frowns) who use'ta be his ex girlfriend.

Julie: Oh, well I'll see your fugitive former flame an raise you a lesbian daughter.

Kirsten: (suprised) Marissa (Julie nods, wide eyed while puffing on the cigar) Well I'm sure it's just a phase.

Julie: It was for me (Kirsten looks at Julie) and it is for you too, you guys'll work it out.

Kirsten: ...I'm not so sure.

Julie: (sits forward) No, Kirsten seriously you have to work it out (Kirsten looks at her) I mean I-I couldn't handle it if you didn't you two are like the moral centre of the universe your...your Sandy an Kirsten.

Kirsten: Yeah well now we're Sandy an Kirsten...an Rebecca (drinks)

CUT TO: Sandy and Rebecca driving - they come to a sudden stop.

Rebecca: Oh no, police.

Sandy: Take it easy, your fine (Sandy winds his window down)

Guy: Sir the road is completely washed out ahead we need you to turn around, we should have the road opened by morning.

Sandy: Not till morning.

Guy: Yes sir (points) There's lodging a few miles back.

Sandy: Thankyou.

Guy: You're welcome.

(Sandy and Rebecca look at each other)

CUT TO: Seth's bedroom - the first thing we hear is Boyz II Men playing on the stereo. we see Seth is under the covers on his bed. Ryan walks in and sees.

Ryan: (looks at Seth) Your listening'ta Boyz II Men.

Seth: I can think of no sadder song in the whole world.

Ryan: (walks over to the stereo) So I'm guessing it didn't go well (turns the song down)

(Seth puts the covers down so his head is exposed. Ryan sits on the chair)

Seth: Unless I can think of one last grand romantic gesture...Summers gone.

Ryan: Wow...you know I remember when I first heard about Summer, we were sailing an you said you named your boat after her (Seth looks as though he's thinking) which I thought was a little weird considering you never actually talked to her.

Seth: (sits up) Eureka Ryan (points) (thinks) Can't believe I jus said eureka but that's OK that's it (gets out of bed)

Ryan: What's it (stands)

Seth: The thing to win her back, the grand romantic gesture that's gonna put Zachary's euro trip to shame, I shall take her on a sailing adventure ...aboard the Summer breeze (points)

Ryan: (looks at Seth) ...except ya sold the boat for bus fare.

Seth: I did (frowns) damn it (claps) (stands on his bed) Eureka Ryan (points) I shall buy back the Summer breeze (puts his fist in the air) Yes.

Ryan: Ah-huh...except with what money.

Seth: OK if I wanted my parade rained on I would just step outside (Ryan looks at him) Let me ask you something, d'you like the shape'a the idea even.

Ryan: Definitely.

Seth: OK great so all I need is money hang on (closes his eyes) Yes got the answer (points) but before I say eureka again d'you see any other potential flaws or holes in my plan.

Ryan: (shakes his head) No.

Seth: (smiles) Then eureka Ryan (jumps off the bed) EU-FREAKIN-REKA (walks to the door) Turn this music off its depressing me.

(Ryan goes to turn the stereo off)

CUT TO: Summers bedroom - the first thing we see is a stereo and Boyz II Men is once again playing! {awww} the camera pans to show Summer sitting on the floor near the stereo. Princess Sparkle is behind her and Summer is holding her cell phone looking at it sadly. we see what she's looking at, which is a photo of Seth to go with his phone number. it says Cohen above the picture, and the number below it. we hear some buttons being pressed on the phone then we hear a knock at the door. Summer frowns.

Summer: Come in.

(Zach opens the door and goes into her room)

Summer: (smiles) Hey, hey Zach (shuts her phone)

Zach: Hi uh (points) Your listening to Boyz II Men this song is so sad.

Summer: Um yeah I was...waiting for motown philly (turns it off)

Zach: Oooh, right (nods)

(Zach helps Summer up off the floor)

Summer: Thanks.

Zach: (notices all her luggage) Oh my god.

Summer: Hm.

Zach: Your taking all that.

Summer: Well yeah I don't want the Italians to think I have bad style, I am representing America.

Zach: Oh that's very...patriotic of you.

Summer: Hm.

Zach: I just (frowns) We're gonna be back packing...you know going from hostel to hostel.

Summer: (frowns) Ewww, you haven't seen hostel {hostile} till you put me up in one.

Zach: Well no it'll be fun (smiles) an adventure.

Summer: Look (fast) An also don't you think its a little much that I'm in your sisters wedding I mean after all I've only met her like...once.

Zach: No I told you she doesn't have very many friends, she's very alienating an severe (Summer looks down) D'you not wanna come.

Summer: No well no yes I-I just (Zach looks at her) I have'ta get a special plug for my hairdryer.

Zach: (smiles) I already got ya one (holds it out)

Summer: (aww expression) Of course you did.

(Zach smiles and kisses Summer)

CUT TO: Alex's apartment - there is a knock at the door and Alex opens the door. a VERY wet Seth in his Spiderman mask is standing there.

Alex: Seth (Seth waves) you here'ta fight crime.

(Seth goes in)

Seth: No actually (Alex shuts the door) I'm here to get my job back (hopeful) (grins)

Alex: No, n-n-n-no what you were like the flakiest employee in Bait Shop history.

Seth: You think that's an easy accomplishment, what about Homer the beer guy.

Alex: And how long would you be planning on keeping your job this time.

Seth: Until I can make five hundred dollars so...however long that is, please (Alex looks as though she's breaking) (begs) Alex, Alex, Alex (softly) please.

Alex: I don't know Seth, with great power comes great responsibility.

Seth: (closes his eyes) Yeees oh thankyou (hugs Alex)

Alex: (smiles) Oooh.

Seth: Listen to me it's gonna be like no one ever peed in the bathrooms ever, OK the only other thing though is I kinda need an advance...

Alex: (suprised) Well...your lucky today was payday.

(Seth grins and Alex goes to get his money. Seth waits and Marissa comes out wearing only a robe)

Marissa: Hey Alex should I be getting dressed or are we going back to (sees Seth)

(Seth and Marissa stare at each other, stunned)

Marissa: Bed.

(Alex comes back in with the money)

Seth: (stunned) Oh -- my -- god.

Marissa: Oh my god (looks at Seth)

Alex: (looks at Marissa) Oh my god.

(Marissa looks at Alex, then Seth. Seth closes his eyes then rubs them with his fists and makes a squeaky noise. he has wide eyes and an open mouth)

Seth: Let me get this straight (Alex looks at him) You broke up with me...for Marissa.

Alex: (holds up the money) D'you want your money.

Seth: Hey (takes the money) who better then a super hero understands secret identity (looks at Marissa)

(Alex pushes Seth towards the door)

Seth: Now hold on, jus wanna make sure I have the visual (Marissa smiles and raises her eyebrows) (looks at Alex) OK I got it great thankyou (Alex opens the door) Hey listen Alex thankyou, both'a you for everything I mean (Marissa waves) keep doing what your doing I like it.

(Alex shuts the door)

CUT TO: Pink motel - the pink sign is lit up but the M is out so it only says Pink OTEL, we then see Sandy's car parked there. the next thing we see is Rebecca opening a bottle of alcohol and Sandy sitting on the bed with food {just a quick FYI. this scene is similar to the season 1 Ryan/Marissa scene where they argued over ding dongs or cheese sticks on the TJ trip}

Sandy: So what'll it be ding dongs (sits next to Rebecca on the floor) or cheese sticks.

Rebecca: Oh this is a desert wine so I'd say ding dongs of course.

Sandy: (smiles) Really, well this is one classy picnic.

Rebecca: (laughs) We got washed out road (they clink their cups) Rain storm...cheap motel.

Sandy: Cheap wine.

Rebecca: Mm.

Sandy: Has all the makings of a great slasher movie.

Rebecca: (smiles) Gettin stuck here over night.

Sandy: Well that's elnino for ya.

Rebecca: (nods) Or fate (Sandy looks down) Here we are all alone no one knows where we are (touches Sandy's hair) Its like nothing else exists...tomorrow we head back ta reality but for now (moves so her face is in front of his) it's just us (goes to kiss Sandy)

Sandy: Except it's not just us...it hasn't ben just us for...twenty years.

Rebecca: ...hm.

Sandy: ...I gotta call Kirsten (Rebecca looks at him) say goodnight.

(Sandy gets up and Rebecca watches him. he goes outside and stands on the verandah)

CUT TO: Summer breezes buyer - Seth is there with him trying to buy it back. they are in like a storage garage.

Seth: I appreciate you sellin me my boat back...when I sold it I was in desperate straits...low blood sugar no snacks.

Guy: Listen just a heads up, I made some modifications to her.

Seth: Modifications, terrific, that's very mellville of you referring to the boat as a she.

(the guy pulls back the cover revealing a shark like mouth painted on the side at the front, with the words GIMMIE SEX in big pink letters with a darker border)

Seth: Dear god...she's a slut.

CUT TO: Cohen bedroom - we see Kirsten in bed from above, similar to how we saw her earlier. she doesn't look any happier. we hear the phone ring beside her. Kirsten rolls over and picks it up, she looks at it for a second before answering.

Kirsten: Hello.

Sandy: Hey honey.

Kirsten: ...hi.

Sandy: I tried ya last night.

Kirsten: I got your messages I uh I passed out early it was a long day at the office.

Sandy: Oh...well I was hopin the rain would'a stopped by now an then they said they've have the road opened up but.

Kirsten: Right...the conveniently washed out road.

Sandy: ...believe me when I tell you...I'm walkin home if I have to.

Kirsten: (teary, she looks at the photo from earlier) Jus get home...one way or the other.

Sandy: I'll see ya soon.

(Kirsten hangs up)

CUT TO: Caleb's mansion - Marissa is in her bedroom packing some of her clothes and things for Alex's. Julie knocks and walks in.

Julie: You got a minute.

Marissa: Not really.

Julie: Well I would like to talk to you about your friend Alex.

Marissa: I'm sure you would mom.

Julie: Look Marissa, I experimented to when I was your age (Marissa looks at her) albeit it involved a little motley crew an alotta yager.

Marissa: (screws up her face) Whoa, way too much information.

Julie: I'm jus saying (Marissa turns around) I understand that this is a phase, but I won't make a big deal out of it if you don't.

Marissa: Right, this way you avoid any public embarrassment (picks up Share Bear from her bed)

Julie: Where're you going.

Marissa: I'm moving out.

Julie: (shocked) What.

Marissa: You have my cell if Caleb kicks (shrugs) an you need help counting your cash.

(Marissa walks out and Julie puts her hands on her hips and sighs)

CUT TO: The Cohen living room - we see from the outside that Seth and Ryan are in there, along with the former Summer breeze.

Ryan: So what's the plan here (gets on the boat)

Seth: (gets on as well) We get the boat in the pool, I get Summer to come over...wha-la.

Ryan: (nods) You take Summer for a spin in the pool in the Gimmie Sex.

Seth: It's a symbolic gesture Ryan, an one that will get Summer to fall back in love with me OK

Ryan: OK

Seth: Oh by the way, our ex's (smiles) are dating each other now.

'

(Ryan sits forward, suprised. Seth grins)

Seth: Marissa an Alex, no longer welcome in the red states.

Ryan: ...that I wouldnt've predicted.

(Seth nods and smiles, clearly enjoying it)

Ryan: Think it's for real.

Seth: God I hope so (thinks) (softly) I just want em ta.

(Ryan and Seth look as though they are both thinking {lol} Kirsten comes in)

Kirsten: I'm not even gonna ask why there's a boat in the living room.

Seth: It's an objective correlative mother I'm getting Summer back.

Kirsten: Ah-huh (to Ryan) Lindsay called (Ryan looks at her) The tests are back she wants us to go with her.

CUT TO: Summers bedroom - Summer is walking out of her room carrying one bag, Zach has the rest.

Zach: So this is it right, there's not another room full'a samsonites somewhere.

Summer: (laughs) I promise, thankyou ooh you know what I forgot Princess Sparkle I can't go without her.

Zach: OK

Summer: Here (Zach takes the bag)

Zach: As long as you leave her stable I'll meet you in the car.

Summer: (laughs) OK

(Zach heads for the car and Summer goes back into her room. she grabs Princess Sparkle and her phone rings. she answers it)

Summer: Hello.

(we see Seth on the phone at home)

Seth: Hey Summer its me.

Summer: Why am I not suprised.

Seth: So ah what're you doin.

Summer: Gee don't know, leaving for the airport (sits) to go to Italy.

Seth: Listen'a me Summer, I have something I wanna show you, OK (frowns) an not in a creepy way.

Summer: Cohen what your sellin I aint buyin.

Seth: OK Summer...before you get on that plane I need you to give me one last sh*t, OK

Summer: You had your sh*t, remember when we were dating an you sailed away.

Seth: Yeah that's what I wanna talk to you about.

Summer: No, you have no right ta do this to me, not now OK I'm hanging up.

Seth: OK then jus tell me this...I mean when you're with him is it...is it like what we had.

Summer: (frowns) You know, I can't remember that far back (Seth looks sad) an clearly Cohen what we had, it wasn't as awesome as what you had with Ryan otherwise you wouldnt've left, so you know what now I'm leaving you (heard through the phone) Seth: OK Summer will you please.

(Summer hangs up. Seth hangs up. Summer looks as though she's thinking, she picks up Princess Sparkle again and stands)

CUT TO: The hospital - we see close ups of Lindsay, Ryan, Caleb, Kirsten and Renee all staring blankly, waiting. we see Lindsay and Ryan holding hands.

Lindsay: Someone please...say something.

Caleb: There's alotta...alotta rain.

Renee: (to Kirsten) Nice to see you.

Kirsten: There's is (to Renee) Yeah it's nice to see you too.

Lindsay: (nervous) Yeah I-I feel...much more relaxed.

Kirsten: (smiles) Lindsay no matter what happens...you'll always be a'part of the family (Lindsay smiles)

Caleb: I couldnt've said it better myself.

(the doctor comes in)

Dr: Hello (Lindsay and Ryan stand) Thankyou for waiting (Caleb stands, Kirsten and Renee sit forward) All our results demonstrate (reads) we have a match (Ryan and Lindsay look at each other) Caleb Nichol is the father of Lindsay Wheeler-Gardner.

(Caleb, Kirsten and Renee look relieved)

Caleb: (smiles) I knew you were my daughter.

(Caleb kisses Lindsay's head, and hugs her. Renee looks at Lindsay. Ryan looks worried still)

CUT TO: Seth's bedroom - we once again hear Boyz II Men playing on the stereo {aww} Seth is lying on his bed, looking very lost. Ryan walks in.

Ryan: Uh Boyz II Men huh, guess it didn't go well (sits)

Seth: I just hope they get the sex over with early...like...jus join the mile high club over the Atlantic or something (sits up)

Ryan: Oh I'm sorry man.

Seth: What happened with Lindsay.

Ryan: (matter of factly) She's Caleb's daughter.

Seth: Hey, that's great (Ryan sort of nods) Wait I don't know is it.

Ryan: (frowns) She's movin in with him...she went home to talk everything over with her mom, you want-you wanna help move her, get your mind off Summer.

Seth: Ah the schlepping of heavy things...comfort for the weary soul, I'll pass.

Ryan: Well you can't stay here an mope.

Seth: No I know, I've got a plan, got the satellite fired up there showin a marathon of sherman oaks the real valley so.

Ryan: (frowns) What's that.

Seth: Mm apparently the Valley, its got its own reality show knock off, an you know why watch the angst of fictional characters when you can watch real people in contrived situations...could you turn the music up on your way out please...thanks (slides under the covers)

(Ryan turns the music up and leaves the room. we see a close up of Seth hidden under the covers)

CUT TO: Sandy and Rebecca driving at night - the rain is coming down hard.

Sandy: Oh lay off your brakes, cant anyone drive in this weather.

Rebecca: Sandy, relax, please...can we talk about last night.

Sandy: No we've got nothin to talk about other then your case an this traffic.

Rebecca: So what we had meant nothing.

Sandy: (looks at Rebecca) It meant everything to me then (Rebecca looks at him) That was then now I got a family that I love an I'm not throwin that away...I gotta get back ta Newport an make sure they know that.

Rebecca: (screams) Sandy.

Sandy: Whoa.

(we hear screeching tyres and Sandy and Rebecca go off the road. {there was a commercial break here but it's the same scene so I'll just continue} Sandy is out of the car)

Sandy: Ooooh.

(Sandy limps around to Rebecca's side and opens her door)

Sandy: Are you OK

Rebecca: Yeah I think.

(Sandy helps Rebecca out of the car. up on the road a truck has stopped)

Driver: (yells) Hey (Rebecca & Sandy look) you guys alright.

Sandy: (yells) Yeah little bruised an battered but we're OK

Drive: Already called 911 cops are on the way, the tow truck ambulance (Rebecca looks worried)

Sandy: Alright thankyou.

Driver: Alright (waves)

(Rebecca gets her things out of the car)

Sandy: What're you doin.

Rebecca: I can't do this, I gotta go...the cops are comin there gonna arrest me, maybe arrest you.

Sandy: So we'll talk to them.

Rebecca: I'm gonna chalk last night up to fate...I gotta do the same here.

Sandy: Ya can't run again.

Rebecca: What choice do I have (Sandy looks at her helplessly) an now my fathers gone an you...I (shakes her head) Your right...what we had was a long time ago...gotta let it go, let you go.

(Sandy looks at Rebecca. Rebecca kisses him on the forehead.)

Rebecca: See you Sandy Cohen.

(Rebecca walks up the hill. Sandy watches her)

CUT TO: The airport - we see close up of Summer waiting for the plane, she doesn't look very happy. Zach looks at her.

Z's mom: (sighs) So your father's flight doesn't leave DC until eleven, he's lucky he doesn't have'ta fly in this weather.

(we hear a phone ringing)

Summer: Uh, sorry (looks for her phone) Uh-hm (Summer looks at who's calling. its Seth she shuts it) Um I'm really excited that I finally get to meet your dad he sounds really cool.

Zs sister: Oh um did dad make reservations at the oo feetsie?

Z's mom: Oh he sure did, can't wait ta see the Bata celli.

Zach: The birth of Venus is amazing in person.

Zs mom: (smiles) Are you a fan of Bata celli.

Summer: Yes (nods) Yes I am uh although I prefer his earlier work...you know the comedies (Zach smiles)

(Zach's mom and sister look confused)

Summer: Yeah, I'm gonna go get a magazine, would you like people, us weekly, in touch, anything.

Zs mom: Oh I could take an economist.

Zs sister: I could use a zanex.

Summer: OK...OK

(Summer walks over to the gift shop. she looks around then pulls out her phone dials some numbers and listens)

Message: You have 1 new message (bites her lip) Seth: hey its me look uh perhaps your screening, perhaps your...being screened by security I just (sighs) Uh huh I just wanted'a say sorry to leave things like that OK (Summer half smiles) an I hope you have a good trip I really do, an somebody else here wants to say something (horse noises) Uh Captain Oats is a (Summer laughs silently) horse of few words but he said he'd like you to travel safe and uh he said we'll miss you so...OK, OK bye.

(Summer looks sad and hangs up)

CUT TO: Alex's apartment - Alex is sitting on the couch laughing at the TV and drinking beer. Marissa comes out from the bedroom holding some of her clothes.

Marissa: Um, there's no more closet space.

Alex: No (shakes her head) I know I'm sorry.

Marissa: ...its OK, I can learn ta live with less shoes.

Alex: Uh I gotta get to work, hey you wanna walk me I love walking in the rain.

Marissa: (smiles) Sure.

Alex: Cool, oh uh (stands) Garbage days tomorrow d'you mind taking out the cans (Marissa's smile goes) an rent is due the first day of the month.

Marissa: OK rent (smiles)

Alex: I know it's really real huh, no turning back (smiles)

Marissa: Its real (smiles)

Alex: Bet you never (strokes Marissa's hair) Did anything this crazy before (kisses Marissa's cheek) I'm gonna grab my jacket.

(Marissa nods and looks around at the mess)

CUT TO: Lindsay's room - Lindsay is packing and Ryan stands at the door. he knocks on the door frame and Lindsay looks over and smiles.

Ryan: Hi.

Lindsay: Hey.

Ryan: All packed.

Lindsay: Getting there.

Ryan: Call Caleb, let him know you were comin.

Lindsay: (shakes her head) No (Ryan looks at her) ...because I'm not.

Ryan: (raises eyebrows) Huh, OK.

Lindsay: Ryan (Ryan moves closer) I talked it over with my mom...an I wanna go with her (closes her eyes) to Chicago.

Ryan: I thought...

Lindsay: Do I really wanna be Caleb Nichols daughter? (Ryan closes his eyes) It's not the life I want (Ryan looks at her) (softly) an as hard as it is to leave you...I can't leave my mom...she's the only family I've ever really had.

Ryan: (looks at Lindsay) I get it (half smiles)

(Lindsay, teary puts her head on Ryan's shoulder. Ryan holds her close, taking it all in. Lindsay closes her eyes and a single tear falls. the camera zooms out to show them holding each other)

CUT TO: Cohen living room - Seth sits on the couch, and Captain Oats is on the arm next to him.

Seth: Here we go buddy, hours of mind numbing escapism (points the remote control)

(we see the TV with nothing but snow and a channel number. Seth goes to other channel's and it's the same thing)

Seth: The satellites out (closes his eyes) Ugh (softly) I refuse to be denied this one - small - pleasure...this I can fix (turns off the TV and leaves the room)

CUT TO: The airport - Summer is coming out of the gift shop, Zach walks over to her panicked.

Zach: I need you, the flights ben delayed a couple hours because'a the weather, my sister is having an anxiety att*ck.

Summer: (worried) Well what's the matter.

Zach: She's really superstitious an she thinks this whole thing is a sign that she shouldn't marry Rodolfo (Summer raises her eyebrows) I don't know maybe a...girls point of view.

Summer: Sure, yeah.

Zach: OK good.

Summer: OK

(Summer goes to follow Zach but she looks over and sees a little boy playing with a horse on the floor. he has comic books spread out, he's basically a mini Seth. Summer watches him thinking. the little boy looks up at her and she bites her lip)

Zach: Are you coming.

Summer: Huh (looks at Zach) (closes her eyes) I can't do it.

Zach: OK I-I'll talk to her myself.

Summer: (softly) No...I mean I can't go I can't do this.

(Zach looks at Summer confused. Summer looks back at Zach. the little boy says neigh neigh. Zach looks over and sees him. Summer looks over, teary. Zach looks back at Summer, he touches her neck and Summer closes her eyes)

Zach: (frowns, softly) Truth be told...I didn't think you'd make it passed security.

Summer: (upset) I'm really sorry.

Zach: Can't fight fate.

(Summer leans forward and kisses Zach, she wipes his lips with her thumb and finger and looks at him one last time, sadly before running out {the song Champagne Supernova begins to play, and continues to play right through to the end of the episode. it fits each scene perfectly!} we see Zach clearly in the foreground, and in the background Summer runs out the doors)

CUT TO: A bus pulling up - we see Sandy looking out the window to Kirsten who is waiting for him holding an umbrella. the bus comes to a stop and Sandy quickly gets off. they look at each other.

Kirsten: You took the bus.

Sandy: I told you...nothing is keepin me from you.

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy) ...is it over.

Sandy: I promise you it never started.

(they slowly lean in towards each other and kiss. they look into each others eyes before kissing more)

CUT TO: Outside the Cohen house - Seth climbs onto the roof with some rope, he's wearing the Spiderman mask again. he slowly crawls towards the satellite dish. it's still pouring down rain. he ties the rope to the concrete block, and the other end is around his waist. he stands up and pulls on the satellite. there is a flash of lightening and he slips onto his back. he slides off the roof head first screaming all the way. the rope pulls tight and we see Seth dangling head down, off of the roof. he's a few feet from the ground.

Seth: Uh help, anyone (looks around) Mom.

CUT TO: Marissa and Alex walking in the rain - Marissa is holding an umbrella over them both and they are just outside the Bait Shop entrance.

Alex: Thanks for walking me, are you sure you don't wanna come in the band is really, really, good.

Marissa: Oh no I should get back, the dishes (shrugs) aren't gonna wash themselves.

Alex: (smiles) OK (kisses Marissa) Bye.

Marissa: Bye (smiles)

(Alex goes inside and Marissa turns around to walk away. she looks over and sees Ryan standing by himself near a railing, he's getting wet, she walks over to him)

Marissa: Hey (holds the umbrella over them)

Ryan: (softly) Hey.

Marissa: (worried) ...are you OK

(Ryan looks at Marissa, his face is dripping with water, more then likely from the rain but I am sure there are tears mixed in {poor guy})

Ryan: (nods) Yeah.

(Marissa thinks, then she puts her hand on his shoulder. we see them from the back and she moves her hand across his back to the other shoulder so she has her arm around him)

CUT TO: A cab pulls up somewhere and Summer gets out, she screams from the rain. she runs around the back of the cab and we can now see its the Cohen's house. she runs up to the front and knocks hard, she waits a second and then opens the front door and goes in.

Summer: (yells) Cohen...Cohen.

Seth: (yells) Help...someone.

(Summer goes through the living room and out the door to the backyard)

Seth: Anyone.

Summer: (with her back to him) (frowns) Cohen.

Seth: Summer.

Summer: (turns around and sees him) Oh my (runs over to Seth and looks into his face with an 'awww' expression) {remember he still has the Spiderman mask on}

Seth: What're you doing here.

Summer: What'do you think Cohen.

(Summer peels the Spiderman mask back just enough to reveal Seth's mouth, she laughs and kisses him. her hands are on his cheeks and Seth puts his hand on Summers back. there's more thunder and lightening. we see them from a distance and they are still kissing! {awwwww} Champagne Supernova continues to play, which really made the scene that much better!)

Fade out on one of the most perfect scenes the OC has given us yet!