02x22 - The Showdown

All episode transcripts for the TV show "The O.C.". Aired August 2003 - April 2007.*
Watch/Buy Amazon

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

02x22 - The Showdown

Post by bunniefuu »

Opening scene - Cohen kitchen in the morning - Kirsten is in there by herself. she has a glass sitting on the counter with a little bit of tomato juice in it, she tops it up with vodka so that glass is roughly 1/4 full. she takes a drink and puts the glass down just as Sandy calls out to her

Sandy: (calls off screen) Kirsten did the paper come today I can't find it

Kirsten: (panics, calls out) uh yeah I put it on the couch in the living room (puts the vodka back in the fridge)

Sandy: ah (picks up the paper) hey d'you think I look at all like Tony Blair

Kirsten: uh, you have nicer hair

Sandy: thankyou, good hair

Kirsten: mm-hmm (drinks vodka/tomato juice)

Sandy: leader of Great Britain, I would call that a wash

Kirsten: (nods) mm-hmm

Sandy: what you drinkin

Kirsten: (puts the glass down) oh tomato juice, lots of antioxidants (puts the lid on the juice)

Sandy: so what d'you think of this...Palm Springs

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy) Palm Springs

Sandy: (looks at Kirsten) this weekend, you (points) me...an the desert (raises eyebrows)

Kirsten: (reluctant) uh Sandy, I-I know we talked about a weekend but right now-

(Ryan and Seth come in)

Ryan: (to Seth) hey ya asked for my opinion, remember (to Sandy and Kirsten) morning

Seth: yeah but (puts his arms out) I jus really wanted you to agree with me man, morning

Sandy: morning (looks at Seth) what's up

Seth: (frowns) well, today's the first day back from spring break and I was planning on telling Summer, about that little...misunderstanding in Miami (raises eyebrows)

Sandy: (while reading the paper) where you licked the whipped cream off the girls naked stomach (looks at Seth) an ate the cheery out of her mouth

Kirsten: an why are you gonna tell her again

Seth: (screws up his face) because I have a conscience

Ryan: and it'll be on national television so she'll find out sooner or later (Seth points at him as if to say 'see')

Sandy: look I know the idea of telling her is scary but th- believe me when you start hiding things (Kirsten looks as though she feels guilty, holding her 'vodka/tomato juice) that's when the trouble starts

Ryan: alright let's go, we're late (pushes Seth's shoulder) come on

(Ryan and Seth leave the kitchen)

Sandy: well, there goes the weekend

Kirsten: ...unless we drive up Sunday morning an I take Monday off (Sandy looks at her, happy at the suggestion) your right, we need this (puts her vodka/tomato juice in the sink)

Sandy: wow, ill make the plans

(Kirsten smiles and touches Sandy's arm, then leaves the kitchen. Sandy looks as though he's thinking for a second, then he turns around and reluctantly picks up Kirsten's glass. he looks at it, and then sniffs it. you can see in his face that he can smell the vodka. he looks in the direction of where Kirsten just was and frowns, worried)

Theme song - California by Phantom Planet

Caleb's mansion - we see an external sh*t of the house, and Marissa's car. then we are in Marissa's bedroom. she comes out of her bathroom, putting lip-gloss on. she puts the lid on and then walks over to her dressing table and sits in front of the mirror. in the reflection we can see a slight redness near her collar bone, on the right side. she sighs and moves her jacket aside to reveal an awful looking bruise/mark which sits just above her singlet line. she uses one hand to hold the jacket away and the other to touch the bruise, she touches it and looks at it in the mirror and the phone rings. she looks at the phone and then fixes her jacket back up before answering

Marissa: hello

(we now see Trey in a side on view, he has a phone to his ear and he's creepily lit, it's almost like a silhouette)

Trey: Marissa, don't hang up ok

Marissa: (agitated) look I told you to stop calling me (quickly hangs up)

Trey: let me expl-

(Trey hears the beeps that signify Marissa has hung up on him. he takes the phone away from his ear and we see Jess come into the sh*t, in the background and out of focus. she's in a black bra and jeans that aren't done up)

Jess: I guess she didn't wanna chat (walks over to Trey) what happen, stable boy get fresh (sits next to Trey) with the princess

Trey: (lights a smoke) don't you have school

Jess: (smiles) I was hoping, we could (moves her hand down near Treys lower body)

Trey: (looks at Jess) ill pass

Jess: (stands) you know, its not many girls, that would spend the night with a guy an not only not mind him calling another girl the next morning (puts on her top) but still be up for round two, you sure your not taking me for granted (does up her jeans)

(Trey looks at Jess and then gets up and opens the door)

Trey: look we both know what this is

Jess: (looks at Trey then picks up her bag) well, we know I'm not Marissa (touches Treys cut) I leave my marks on your back

(Jess kisses Trey, he looks up, not into it. he motions for her to go and she leaves. he slams the door behind her without turning around)

CUT TO: Harbor school - Summer is in the student lounge, sitting on the couch reading. Seth walks over. he lingers around the back of the couch for a few seconds before sitting next to her

Seth: hey Summer (sits)

Summer: hey Cohen

Seth: (small wave) ok uh, the easiest way for me to do this is jus gonna be to say it (looks at Summer) but before I do...I want you to know how totally you know awful-

Summer: I know

Seth: (looks at Summer) what

Summer: Miami, whipped cream girl, we do have cable (goes back to reading)

Seth: so you...saw me

Summer: (nods) I saw you

Seth: ...ok so look I know you're angry an that's...perfectly-

Summer: not really (shuts the book and puts it on the table then walks over to the coffee)

Seth: (follows) your not

Summer: mm-mm (pours coffee) (Seth looks at her) you know, I really thought things were gonna be different this time but you haven't changed at all, you've found new an even more public ways of disappointing me (walks away, Seth shakes his head) (stops and turns around) Zach an I kissed

Seth: (looks at Summer) what

Summer: yeah, we were having dinner an (frowns) you came on TV in that stupid-

Seth: ok you know what fine, that's ok, you you know you seen me an ya kissed, sorta quick cousinly, what else happened

Summer: (shakes her head) nothing...much (raises her eyebrows then walks away)

Seth: so what'does this mean

Summer: I don't know...(sadly) but it shouldn't be this hard

(Summer leaves and Seth watches her)

CUT TO: Caleb's mansion - Julie is in the kitchen cooking breakfast, Caleb comes in. there is food absolutely everywhere and Julie is just putting the finishing touches on Caleb's breakfast, she is also wearing an apron!

Julie: ah, there you are just in time for your suprise

Caleb: I'm late for work

Julie: you'll wanna make time for this (smiles) bonappetite (holds up a plate full of food)

Caleb: (looks at Julie) an what is that

Julie: eggs benedict, my specialty, well...my new specialty uh (smiles proudly) it's my first time

Caleb: I already ate breakfast

Julie: well consider this a mid morning snack...I was going to give it to you at seven but...it took a little longer then I expected

Caleb: you spent two hours making eggs benedict for a man with a heart condition (Julie looks at him) doesn't that seem a little insane to you (walks to the sink)

Julie: (hurt) ...I'm tryin'a make an effort here Cal...if nothing else, I expect you to acknowledge that

Caleb: I do...a wasted effort (Julie looks shocked) I have to go

Julie: (fed up) why do I even try

Caleb: (leaving) I ask myself the same question

(Julie dumps the plate of food into the bin, angry)

CUT TO: Harbor school - Marissa is at her locker by herself getting some books. Ryan sneaks up to try and get a kiss, which startles her

Ryan: (touches Marissa shoulder) hey (goes to kiss her)

Marissa: (turns around, suprised) oh (closes her eyes, relieved)

Ryan: ohp, sorry (laughs) you ok

Marissa: (holds her jacket where the bruise is) uh, yeah no I guess I'm just not...use to the hall way kiss yet (raises her eyebrows and then shuts her locker and walks away, making sure to keep her hand on her jacket)

Ryan: no sure of course

Marissa: um uh-hm (looks at Ryan) so tell me how was Miami

Ryan: uh, it was alot like Orange County, how bout you

Marissa: uh

Ryan: anything crazy happen while I was gone

Marissa: no, no (pulls her jacket across) It was pretty much jus (puts her hand on her neck) business as usual

Ryan: (looks at Marissa) so we still have a date, how's your weekend (touches Marissa's back)

Marissa: (reluctant) oh...um

Ryan: what you-you forget something

Marissa: no no its jus my mom wanted ta go shopping but (smiles) this weekends great

Ryan: ok great so um...well let's do something special, something you wanted to do

Marissa: um, no nothing special (shrugs) (Ryan looks at her) I mean nothing in particular, it'll be special (raises eyebrows) so uh (frowns) lets jus talk about it later (shrugs) ok

Ryan: (confused) ok

(Marissa touches Ryan's shirt collar then gives him a quick kiss on the cheek and walks away. Ryan smiles, confused)

CUT TO: The Newport Group office - Kirsten is sitting at her desk using the computer, and we hear a knock at the door

Kirsten: (calls) come in

(Claire walks in)

Kirsten: oh hey Claire what is it

Claire: the men were cleaning out Carters office an they found this with a note saying it should be given to you

(Clair is holding a gold gift box with a red bow on it)

Kirsten: oh, thankyou (smiles) you can put it there

(Claire puts the box on Kirsten's desk then leaves the room. Kirsten stares at the box for a second before slowly reaching over to pick it up. the next thing we see is Kirsten untying the red bow. underneath the bow on the gold box in fancy red writing is "featherbrook" underneath that in black letters is GIFT SHOP. Kirsten takes the lid off of the box, and inside is gold pendant sitting on a gold chain amongst a soft white fluffy padding. Kirsten looks down at the pendant then looks up)

CUT TO: Harbor school - Summer is walking the halls by herself and Zach catches up to her

Zach: hey, Summer, wait

Summer: (looks) hey, Zach

Zach: um, I need to uh (points to the double doors) here

(Summer and Zach walk through the doors where it's a little more private)

Zach: did you talk to Seth

Summer: yeah, I told him everything

Zach: ok so (frowns) w-what'does that mean about us

Summer: (tired) look Zach I cant do this right now

Zach: I need to know if what happened the other night (raises eyebrows) was jus like a revenge thing, or if it was something more

(Seth walks by the double doors and sees Summer and Zach talking together)

Summer: honestly, in the moment, mostly revenge...but also I guess, something more (nods)

(Seth opens the door)

Seth: well, well, well, if it isn't my old friend (points) the big fat traitor

Zach: (pointed) hey Seth

Summer: Cohen

Seth: shh relax Summer (shakes his head) I wont make a scene (to Zach) how can you even look at yourself in the mirror (shakes his head)

Zach: look Seth I-I need to tell you something

Seth: you know what, save your apology

Zach: it's not an apology, I'm quitting the comic

Summer: (shocked) what

Seth: what

Zach: it's just, its caused too many problems between me an Summer, it's not worth it

Seth: yeah but the launch party is Saturday

Summer: yeah Zach you can't, it means too much to you

Zach: (looks at Summer) not as much as you do

(Seth watches in disbelief, his mouth is wide open)

Summer: (sighs and looks at Seth then Zach) I have to go (leaves)

Seth: ooh I see what your doin, let me tell you somethin, it's not gonna work, ok, she will see it for the cheap ploy that it is e...ventually (rolls his eyes)

Zach: look Seth, I've always liked you...but...if I have'ta sacrifice our friendship to be with Summer, ill do it

Seth: amazing, this whole time I thought you were a nice guy

Zach: (frowns) wake up, I'm a water polo player, we're never nice guys

Seth: well looks like I wont have'ta worry about adding you to Atomic County your already there, the demon water polo player The Ironist's nemesis

Zach: an its gonna take a little bit more than quick quips an pop culture laden bromides to win Little Miss Vixen

Seth: so its w*r

Zach: its w*r

(Seth and Zach both look at each and then open a door each. they both walk in the same direction, staring at each other)

Seth: my locker is this way

Zach: so's mine

Seth: fine, stay on that side'a the hall

CUT TO: Marissa outside heading to the parking lot - she stops all of a sudden and looks worried. we see why. Trey is pacing near a bench, obviously waiting for her. she stands by a tree watching Trey, clearly not wanting anything to do with him. Summer appears in the background

Summer: (looks at Marissa) what're you doing

Marisa: (turns around, suprised) Summer (smiles, relived) hey I was uh I was uh waiting for you...look my car is like completely outta gas so would you give me a ride (hopeful)

Summer: sure, c'mon (motions)

Marissa: um the only thing is I uh, I left a book inside (points) so could you pick me up around back

Summer: yeah, whatever (walks off)

(Marissa watches Trey who is still waiting, he sits down on the bench and puts his head on his hands. Marissa looks over whelmed)

CUT TO: Cohen kitchen - Sandy is in there and Kirsten walks in

Kirsten: (suprised) oh, uh Sandy I-I thought you'd-you'd gone

Sandy: no no my first meetings not till ten, I I hope you don't mind I uh (holds up the empty glass) I finished the tomato juice (Kirsten looks at the glass, then him) but there's coffee

(we can now see that Kirsten is wearing Carters present around her neck)

Kirsten: you know I-I'm jus gonna go I'm a little late (smiles then goes to walk away)

Sandy: hey (Kirsten looks) I made a reservation at karakie? in Palm Springs, its suppose'ta be y'know really romantic

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy) oh, yeah um I checked my schedule, I don't think I can take Monday

Sandy: come on, its jus one day

Kirsten: I know I'm-I'm I'm sorry, maybe in a couple'a weeks (Sandy closes his eyes and nods) but we'll talk about it tonight ok

Sandy: alright (Kirsten again goes to leave) hey (Kirsten looks) what, I don't get a kiss

Kirsten: of course (smiles and kisses Sandy on the cheek) mwa (smiles)

Sandy: (notices the necklace) oh (touches the pendant) oh is that new

Kirsten: uh yeah I-I got it at Featherbrook I-I picked it up at the gift shop (smiles)

(Sandy looks at Kirsten then back at the pendant. Kirsten looks at him)

Sandy: well (lets go of the pendant) it suits you (Kirsten smiles) have a good day (kisses Kirsten on the cheek)

(Kirsten nods and leaves the kitchen. Sandy watches her)

CUT TO: The diner - Zach walks in the door and over to a booth where Reed and Seth are waiting

Seth: hey (waves)

Reed: hey Zach thanks for coming on such short notice (Zach nods, Seth sucks on his drink) well uh lets jus go over the details of the launch (looks at Seth)

Zach: (looks down) yeah listen Reed I uh I only came here today to...let you know that I have'ta pull outta the comic (looks at Reed)

(Reed looks at Zach, and then Seth who has is mouth wide open, in fake shock lol)

Reed: excuse me

Zach: personal reasons, um which I'm sure Seth can fill you in on (Seth is still sucking on his drink) at a later date but uh I wanted to tell you face to face (nods) I'm...sorry

Reed: ok well I know that your young an its a comic book an its fun fun fun, but to us this is a business...an you signed a contract (Zach listens) so unless you wanna deal with a lawsuit for the next fourr years I suggest you stay where you are, you order a sandwich an lets go over the details of the launch

(Zach looks down then over at Seth who is 'playing' his straw like a musical instrument)

Zach: you did this

Seth: (stops playing) hm?

Zach: did you thr*aten to pull out too (Reed looks at Seth) if she didn't force me back in (Reed looks at him) is that what you did

Seth: (frowns and puts his hands up defensively) whoa buddy Zach I have no idea what your talkin about (shakes his head) I'm glad your back in if that's what's goin on, but that's it

Reed: (to Zach) so what's it gonna be gorgeous, am I callin my lawyers or are you gonna order a crab sandwich

(Zach looks at Seth, in disbelief)

Seth: (nods at Zach, softly) crab sandwich (winks)

CUT TO: The Newport Group office - Julie walks into Caleb's office, he's sitting at his desk

Caleb: so what's today's heart att*ck special Julie, deep fried ribs, steak tar tar, that supersize guy oughta spend some time with you

Julie: (holds out an envelope) this came for you at the house (drops it on the desk) listen, Cal, we need ta talk to a councilor

Caleb: (picks up the envelope) excuse me

Julie: a councilor, a professional, someone who can penetrate that fortress of solitude you've erected

Caleb: (opens the envelope) of all your ideas, that has got to be the worst

Julie: (matter of factly) well, then, I'm out, I mean you're not interested in my cooking (Caleb is looking at what was in the envelope) your certainly not interested in my body, you said you wanted to try an make this marriage work

Caleb: ...(looks at Julie) you may, have a point (stands) I have ben... letting you do all the work, I'm jus not a councilor sorta guy (raises eyebrows) sitting on a couch (Julie looks at him) talking about my needs...how bout a date, tomorrow night, The Arches (Julie smiles) I will try

Julie: mm (kisses Caleb on the cheek) we can make this work

(Caleb smiles and Julie leaves. Caleb's smile goes, he sits on the edge of his desk and turns the paper over that came out of the envelope. we see that it is the black and white photos of Julie and Lance from out the front of the motel. in the first one they are just walking out of the door. in the second one Julie is facing away from Lance and Lance is looking at her. the last photo we see is upside down, and it is of the kiss. Julie has her hands on Lances face and they both look very into it)

CUT TO: Cohen house - Kirsten has just come home from work, to an empty house

Kirsten: (calls) Sandy (looks around and then heads towards the kitchen) helloooo

(Kirsten sighs and puts her keys and bag down on the counter. she turns around so her back is leaning against the counter and then she touches the pendant with her hand, after a few seconds she slowly walks over to the phone and picks it up. she turns around and leans against the counter before slowly dialing a number, she brings the phone up to her ear and listens)

Message: your call has ben forwarded to a voice messaging center, please leave a message at the tone (beep)

Kirsten: hi Carter its-its me (smiles then closes her eyes) I uh wanted to thankyou for the necklace its beautiful and...I'm sorry, I shouldnt'a called, please don't call back

(Kirsten hangs up abruptly then opens the fridge, she takes out the bottle of vodka and puts it on the counter where her bag and car keys are)

CUT TO: Harbor school - student lounge, Jess is there talking to another girl, and she looks at somebody out of the corner of her eye. we then see Ryan walk in, he does a small cute wave to Marissa who is down near the coffee/food bit. Marissa smiles and waves back. Ryan smiles then continues walking

Jess: (moves in front of Ryan) hey (smiles)

Ryan: hey (looks at Jess)

Jess: Jess (raises eyebrows) Marissa's pool...floater girl

Ryan: ahh yeah yeah yeah

(Marissa doesn't look happy)

Jess: you're Ryan, Trey an I 've ben hangin out

Ryan: ah you an Trey, jus what he needs more trouble

Jess: (flattered) mm you think I'm trouble (smiles) you might be even cuter than your brother

(Ryan looks at Jess then Marissa. Marissa looks down, sadly)

Ryan: listen I gotta (motions to Marissa)

Jess: (looks over) oh right Marissa's waiting, can't keep Marissa waiting (Ryan looks at her) think I could borrow a pen

(before Ryan can answer Jess tries to stick her hand into his pocket, he pulls her hand away with his and looks at her. we then see Marissa being served, she smiles at the guy and takes her coffee then looks up at Jess and Ryan before walking away. Ryan holds a pen out for Jess and we see Marissa leaving. Jess takes the pen from Ryan and looks over in the direction of where Marissa was)

Jess: thanks Ryan, you're a sport (raises eyebrows)

(Jess leaves and Ryan just stands there - the next thing we see is Marissa walking towards her car. Trey walks in front of her)

Trey: Marissa

Marissa: (stops) what're you doing here

Trey: look jus let me explain, ok

Marissa: (looks away then back at Trey, she keeps walking) god, there's nothing you can say to me that I wanna hear

(Trey grabs Marissa's arm trying to stop her from walking away)

Trey: wi-

Marissa: (yells, softly) let go of me

(Trey lets go and Marissa glares at him. Ryan runs over)

Ryan: (calls) Marissa, hey

Marissa: (looks over) hey (smiles)

Ryan: (sees Trey) hey man

Trey: hey Ry (smiles) how you doin

(they do a hand/hug thing)

Ryan: what're you doin here

Trey: nothin, jus came to uh thank Marissa for the Bait Shop gig, it's really great (Marissa forces a small smile)

Ryan: yeah (looks at Trey) what'did you do to your head (touches Treys cut)

Trey: (flinches) nothin man, it jus (shakes his head) banged on a cabinet (Marissa looks at him then Ryan)

Ryan: so what's up, you guys wanna grab a bite

Marissa: no, I have'ta get home (Ryan looks at her) you know uh my mom needs help

Trey: yeah yeah I should probably get back to work, but uh I wanna hear about Miami

Ryan: definitely

(Trey leaves and Marissa walks over to her car. Ryan follows)

Ryan: hey (Marissa smiles and unlocks her car) everything alright

Marissa: yeah, yeah you know jus my mom's usual insanity (opens the car door)

Ryan: gotcha (moves in front of Marissa) so um, tomorrow night is Seth's comic book thing, I figured we'd hit that then maybe grab dinner

Marissa: yeah, yeah

Ryan: yeah, I mean if-if you want

Marissa: no yeah (smiles) sure and (looks down then at Ryan) I promise ill be in a better mood by then (kisses Ryan on the cheek)

(Marissa gets in her car and backs out. Ryan looks over his shoulder and frowns, worried)

CUT TO: Cohen lounge room - we can hear music coming from somewhere, the camera pans up to show that the TV is on. we can also see that Kirsten is sprawled out on the couch

Sandy: (off screen, calls) hooonnneeyy I'm home, hey I thought we'd go out tonight, I made a reservation at that fancy new steak joint, you know the one with the-the really heavy silverware

(the camera has now turned and we can see Sandy standing just near the entrance of the living room holding a big bunch of flowers. we can also see that Kirsten is sound asleep. one hand is draped over the back of the couch and the other is near the floor)

Sandy: what d'you say...honey

(Sandy puts his briefcase down and kneels beside Kirsten)

Sandy: honey

(Sandy puts the flowers down the other end of the couch and then looks down at the floor, we see an empty glass. he picks it up and smells it then puts the glass on the coffee table)

Sandy: lets get you to bed (drapes Kirsten's arm around his neck) come on

Kirsten: mm

Sandy: one two

(Sandy picks Kirsten up in his arms and stands, then carries her towards the bedroom)

CUT TO: Cohen bedroom the next morning - we see Kirsten with her hair draped over her face, lying on the bed sound asleep. Sandy slowly comes in carrying a tray with breakfast and the paper, and a single pink rose

Sandy: rise an shine, riiiissseee an shine (puts the tray down) (Kirsten puts her hand up slightly) it's a beautiful morning (sits on the bed) come on, look what I brought ya

Kirsten: (turns to face Sandy, suprised) ohhh, Sandy

Sandy: (points) black coffee, bacon, those little waffles you like so much, whipped butter two fried eggs fruit an OJ, I call it the whaler

Kirsten: how can I resist (sits up) thankyou

Sandy: (hands Kirsten coffee) boy you were out cold when I got home last night

Kirsten: yeah, well, I was exhausted long week (smiles and drinks the coffee)

Sandy: seemed like it was more then exhaustion

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy, frowns) well what'do you mean

Sandy: ...I'm worried about how much you're drinking

Kirsten: (mouth open in shock) I I'm-I'm-I'm-I'm fine, I mean I was exhausted, you know I had a couple'a drinks so what

Sandy: well I'm not jus talkin about last night

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy) have you ben watching me

Sandy: we do live together, should I be concerned

Kirsten: (shrugs) I- I'm fine (shakes her head) look m-maybe I've ben drinking more then usual but ill-ill ill cut down ok

Sandy: so it's not somethin at work, takin on too much (Kirsten looks down, not saying anything) is it that Carter left

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy) what (frowns)

Sandy: he left very suddenly...so I figured...maybe you had to do some'a his work too

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy) I'm fine (Sandy nods) an id appreciate it if you'd trust me, I have to shower (gets up)

Sandy: ill put this in the microwave

Kirsten: (sighs) don't bother I'm not hungry

(Kirsten goes into the bathroom and shuts the door. Sandy looks worried)

CUT TO: The pool house - Ryan and Seth are sitting on the floor in front of the bed playing playstation together

Seth: yeah you like that...here's a little somethin your master Yoda never taught ya

(on the TV screen we see the game, I assume you see what they talk about next, but I don't get it lol)

Ryan: ohp (looks at the TV, suprised) oh

Seth: (shocked) you jus threw a light saber at me an k*lled me

Ryan: mm (scratches his neck)

Seth: I didn't know you could throw that light saber

Ryan: yeah new game, who knew

Seth: well it's to bad Marissa's not here, the ladies can't resist a young Jedi

Ryan: yeah I don't know about that (stands)

Seth: why you guys in a fight

Ryan: eh I don't know, ever since I got back from Miami she's ben actin kinda nervous around me

Seth: well you could talk to Summer except, you cannot because she's off limits until phase two of Zach att*ck is complete...but uh I think Trey was around last week right, maybe he knows somethin

Ryan: did you say phase two

Seth: yeah ya see Zach bein in the comic book does me no good unless Summer knows about it an it aint like he's (raises eyebrows) gonna tell her

(Seth's phone rings, he puts a finger up to Ryan as if to say 'one second' then pulls his phone out and answers it)

Seth: yello...heeey excellent...is guy smiley still with her...ok stay p- no no Leon you cant leave I don't care if you got swim lessons ill be there in a minute (hangs up and stands)

Ryan: Seth please tell me you're not usin the comic book club to spy on Summer an Zach

CUT TO: Outside the diner - Leon is behind a trash can looking through binoculars, we see Summer and Zach inside the diner in a booth together. Seth goes over to Leon

Seth: hey, Leon, they still in there (takes the binoculars)

Leon: they just paid

(inside we see Zach and Summer getting ready to leave)

Leon: is Zach really tryin to destroy the comic book club

Seth: what (takes the binoculars away) oh yeah, yeah yeah totally (gives the binoculars to Leon)

Leon: Seth I need to get something ta eat my blood sugars all low

Seth: (stands) ok shh shh shh ill be back, stay there

(we see Summer and Zach standing now. Seth heads over to the diner entrance)

Seth: Summer, Zach hey, what a suprise (smiles)

Summer: Cohen (holds Zach's arm) what're you doing here

Seth: uh jus fillin up the t*nk you know got a big day (Summer nods, Zach looks suspicious) I got the launch party tonight (to Zach) hey Reed wanted me to tell you, we should get there a half hour early tonight ok, somethin about a wizard magazine interview

Summer: hey, dementia boy (looks at Zach) Zach quit your stupid comic book remember (puts her arm around Zach)

Seth: oh did you not tell her yet (points then puts his hand up to his mouth in pretend shock) oh ugh did I put my foot in it again (Zach doesn't look impressed)

Summer: (looks at Zach) what's he talking about

Zach: I was gonna tell ya

Seth: (interrupts) I'm jus gonna go (softly) I'm sorry

(Seth goes inside the diner and sits down at a booth, he puts his hands to his mouth excited. outside we see what Seth is seeing which is Summer and Zach arguing, Summer hits Zach in the head and Seth flinches and mouths 'oooooh' he looks like he's thoroughly enjoying it,lol. Summer walks away leaving Zach by himself. Seth silently laughs. Zach looks through the window at him and Seth quickly puts the menu in front of his face, lol)
CUT TO: The Bait Shop - Trey is out the front unloading a van full of cartons. he bends down to put a carton on the trolley and through the windscreen we can see Ryan walking up

Ryan: (calls) yo

Trey: yo

(Ryan walks around to the back of the van where Trey is still unloading)

Ryan: hey man got you workin huh

Trey: oh yeah, real sl*ve drivers, what's up

Ryan: nothin, listen (sighs) I gotta ask you somethin, Marissa's ben actin a little weird since I got back (frowns) she didn't...happen to say anything when you guys were hangin out did she

Trey: (raises eyebrow) nope, I don't think so

Ryan: you sure, you didn't notice anything-

Trey: uh look man I got alot of work ta do so (looks at Ryan) no offense but I don't want em to think I'm slackin off (points)

Ryan: oh yeah yeah yeah

Trey: but uh hey man, we'll talk later right

Ryan: yeah

(Trey wheels the cartons towards the Bait Shop and Jess walks up behind Ryan)

Jess: well well (Ryan turns around) if it isn't baby brother

Ryan: (keeps walking) I jus came by to see Trey

(Jess walks into the front of Ryan, stopping him from walking away)

Jess: me too, but I could be talked out of it

Ryan: look, whatever's goin on between you two he needs time to get his life back together

Jess: come on, it's not like we're serious, I mean how could we be he's completely obsessed with (stops) (Ryan looks at her) well with someone else

Ryan: you know what fine (raises eyebrows) I'm not gettin involved (tries to walk away)

(Jess stops him again)

Jess: well, the fact is Ryan (moves closer to Ryan) I've always had this fantasy about two brothers

Ryan: I think that's gonna stay a fantasy

Jess: I get it, I use'ta think it was strange too...but apparently (smiles) I'm not the only one inta the brother thing

(Jess walks away and Ryan looks as though he's thinking)

CUT TO: Summers bedroom - Summer is busy throwing some things into a cardboard box, Marissa comes in holding a few bags

Marissa: I have a problem

Summer: well come on in an join the party

Marissa: ok I have ben shopping all afternoon and (sits on the bed) what are you doing

Summer: I'm just erasing every vestige of Seth (grabs a photo) an Zach (grabs another photo) from my life, you know as far as I'm concerned Reed can have them (grins)

(Marissa looks at Summer then empties one of her bags)

Summer: (looks at Marissa) what's up

Marissa: (sighs) ok so I have this really important date with Ryan later an I need it to be perfect (frustrated) I can't figure out what to wear

Summer: please, you could dress as grimace an stop traffic (looks at a photo of her and Seth) man I look good in this picture (rips it in half and puts herself back on the mirror)

Marissa: ok what'do you think (holds a greenish top up against herself)

Summer: well, hm, let me see (takes the top, Marissa sighs) what is that (frowns)

Marissa: what (Summer pulls her jacket aside to see the bruising, she pushes it back) what

Summer: that! (pulls the jacket across again and touches it) ouch

Marissa: ow (smiles and holds her chest)

Summer: Coop what were- you ben playing rugby

Marissa: yeah well um I jus slipped

Summer: (unconvinced) an fell on your collar bone

Marissa: (holds up another top, changes the subject) wait so who is Reed

Summer: oh she's that busty comic book tart that turned Seth into an egomaniac by agreeing to publish his graphic novel (raises eyebrows) an then threatened to sue Zach if he pulled outta the comic (frowns) oh my god this is so her fault

Marissa: what're you talking about

Summer: wait don't you see, before she came there was no scheming, no fighting, the comic book was deader than dead, oh (makes a motion with her finger then goes over to her bag and jacket)

Marissa: w-w-wait where're you going

Summer: uh-uh, nobody messes with my men (points to herself) but me (snaps her finger) (Marissa looks at her) oh it is ass kicking time (Marissa raises her eyebrows) Coop (goes over to Marissa) wear the black, he wont know what hit him

CUT TO: Cohen front door - we hear the door bell then we see Kirsten opening it, Julie is standing there

Kirsten: Julie (Julie waves and smiles) what're you doin here

Julie: I...need to talk

Kirsten: well come to the kitchen

(the next thing we see is Kirsten and Julie walking into the kitchen)

Kirsten: you want a drink

Julie: isn't it a little bit early

Kirsten: (opens the cupboard) what'do you wanna talk about

Julie: uh well your father

Kirsten: thennn it's not too early (puts ice in the glass she just got out)

Julie: good point, ok, here's the thing, has he said anything to you uh about us (points to herself)

(Kirsten has just poured vodka into Julie's glass, it appears that Kirsten already has a glass of vodka/juice sitting on the counter for herself)

Kirsten: my dad doesn't exactly tell me about his romantic life (pours juice in)

Julie: yeah, I figured, its jus that I really really want this marriage to work Kiki, I mean...he says he does but (scoffs) I don't know if he means it I mean he's (drinks, puts her hand up) oh my gosh (swallows)

Kirsten: what

Julie: how much vodka did you put in this

Kirsten: a normal amount (shrugs) a little less

Julie: (looks at Kirsten) ok um...is everything alright, where's Sandy

Kirsten: (swallows) out

Julie: mm-hmm did something happen, did you two have a fight (raises eyebrows)

Kirsten: (frowns, shakes her head) no...(closes her eyes) yes, oh god I don't know...seems like we've ben fighting since September (sits at the end of the counter)

Julie: Kirsten...now I know that I'm probably the last person in the world you wanna bare your soul to but...it's gotta be better then getting smashed in the middle of the day, what happened

Kirsten: what happened (looks at Julie then at her drink) the boys left for the summer (Julie listens) Sandy an I stopped communicating, Rebecca Bloom came along an made things worse...an then Carter (brings the glass closer to her mouth)

Julie: well he was cute (nods)

Kirsten: ...something happened between me an Sandy...this wall came between us...an Carter just...made me feel less alone (Julie looks at her) like Sandy use to (closes her eyes) an now he's gone (drinks)

CUT TO: The setting for Atomic County's opening - Reed is there over looking the preparations. we see a guy carrying a life size cut out of Kid Chino, then another guy with a life size of Cosmo Girl

Reed: make sure Kid Chinos not blocking Cosmo Girl

(we then see Summer appear in the door way)

Summer: I have a question (Reed looks up) hmm (frowns) where's your cut out, or have they not made super bitch yet (puts her hand on her hip)

Reed: is this about Seth an Zach

Summer: you an your comic have turned those two idiots inta complete (sees The Ironists cut out) idiots (looks at Reed)

Reed: (corrects) graphic novel, an I'm trying to run a business

Summer: (walks over to Reed) you have played one against the other, manipulating Seth an then threatening Zach so you could end up with all of the power

Reed: I'm sorry that you feel that way

Summer: well your gonna be because I am going to tell them both if either of them has anything to do with you, I'm never speaking to them again (goes to walk away)

Reed: (follows) Summer, Seth an Zach have talent they could have careers in comics but you are the Niko of the group

Summer: I'm sorry I-I don't get references before nineteen ninety

Reed: its your picture people are gonna ask for (Summer listens) its your face on the magazine covers, what'do you want, a career in fashion, movies this is the perfect launching pad (Summer looks at her) an do you really think ill be able ta control them once you have the limelight, it'll be your show (smiles)

Summer: (squints) you're manipulating me...but I think I like what you're saying

Reed: (nods, smiles) I have some outfits I wanna show you but first tell me about this super bitch, do you think she could support her own comic

Summer: mm no, not so much

(Reed and Summer walk away and the camera pans up to show an Atomic County banner. it has the 4 characters in their costumes on a blueish background with ATOMIC COUNTY in white bubble writing)

CUT TO: The pool house at night - Ryan is sitting on the step getting ready, he looks over and sees Marissa come to the door, looking very hot in black

Marissa: hey

Ryan: (suprised) hey I was gonna pick you up

Marissa: uh its ok I wanted ta suprise you (touches her stomach) is this ok for a comic book launch

Ryan: (walks over to Marissa) it'll do (smiles)

(Marissa kisses Ryan, she has one hand on his shoulder and the other on the side of his head. she wraps her arm around his neck getting into the kiss more)

Ryan: mm (pulls away) so listen um (Marissa looks at him) you've ben um uh-uh is everything ok

Marissa: (smiles and kisses Ryan) why don't you tell me

(Marissa kisses Ryan again and pushes him onto the bed. she gets on top of him and starts kissing him again, it gets more heated. this continues for a few seconds and then Ryan turns her so that she is underneath him. except when they turn what we see is Trey on top of Marissa, kissing her. we then see the sh*t from a different angle where Marissa opens her eyes and sees Ryan as Trey. she looks scared and begins breathing heavily. we then see Ryan looking at her confused. Marissa closes her eyes and opens them again, she sees the real Ryan this time and she smiles, relieved. he bends down and starts kissing her again. after a few seconds the view changes and we again see Trey on top of Marissa. he's kissing her roughly and Marissa is making noises like she's scared. Marissa opens her eyes and we see Ryan, but she sees Trey and pulls herself back as pushes him away. Ryan looks at Marissa and frowns. Marissa looks at him and blinks and swallows. Ryan looks at her, then Marissa looks away and puts her hand on her head, she looks back at Ryan, a little calmer. Ryan smiles and bends down to start kissing her again. Marissa moves her hands to near Ryan's neck, and Ryan starts kissing Marissa's neck {similar to what Trey was doing when he att*cked her} he kisses her on the lips again. at this point we see Ryan as Trey and we hear voice overs, sort of like what is going through Marissa's head)

VO Trey: no ones ever ben this nice ta me

VO Marissa: yeah cause your Ryan's brother

(Marissa opens her eyes and sees Trey above her. the camera pulls back a bit more and its Ryan again. Marissa lets him kiss her again. more voice overs)

VO Trey: more then that

VO Trey: one night, no one needs ta know

(we see Ryan change into Trey as he kisses Marissa. it changes back to Ryan again)

VO Marissa: (scared) get off of me me

(Ryan kisses Marissa's neck again, and Marissa frowns, looking scared. Marissa starts struggling like she did that night, almost crying. we see her pushing away Trey at the shoulders. then it changes to Ryan with his head touching hers, and her hand is on his chest. then it changes to Trey with his head near her ear. then it changes to Ryan with his head buried in her neck, and Marissa turning her face away from his, and pulling herself away from his body. then we see a close up of Ryan kissing Marissa on the lips, it changes to Trey trying to kiss Marissa, and then Marissa moves her head away and Trey pushes it back. we see Trey with his mouth near Marissas ear, and he is saying/we hear the echo of "nobody needs ta know". Marissa pushes Ryan off of her, freaked out. Ryan looks confused. Marissa sits up and gets off the bed abruptly)

Ryan: hey hey (gets off the bed) what's wrong

Marissa: (freaked out) I'm sorry I can't do this (backing towards the door) I uh thought I could but I-its ben too long too much has happened (puts up her hand)

Ryan: ok alright

Marissa: (sad) I'm sorry (leaves)

Ryan: jus talk-

(Marissa hurries down the stairs and into the house to leave. Ryan watches her go, completely confused about what just happened)

CUT TO: Cohen living room - Kirsten is sitting on the couch looking very drained. she's holding a glass in her hand. Sandy comes in the front door

Kirsten: where've you ben

Sandy: I was droppin your car off, you know at the shop it was uh makin a weird noise, I got you a rental (hands Kirsten the keys)

Kirsten: thanks

Sandy: (looks at Kirsten) we need to talk

Kirsten: oh, why, does the car need alotta work

Sandy: about us

Kirsten: (nods) well (sighs and stands) in that case I'm gonna get some more water (Sandy looks at her)

(the next thing we see is Kirsten filling her glass with tap water in the kitchen. Sandy comes in)

Sandy: did somethin happen between you an Carter

Kirsten: (with her back to Sandy) ugh don't do it like this

Sandy: just tell me

Kirsten: (turns around) is that what you really think

Sandy: is it so crazy, you have a close relationship with this man when we're goin through a hard time an when he leaves you go on a bender

Kirsten: well nothing happened, the same way nothing happened between you an Rebecca

Sandy: why are you bringin that up again

Kirsten: again (moves closer) Sandy what'do you think this is, what'do you think Carter was about

Sandy: I want you to tell me

Kirsten: (looks at Sandy) you left me

Sandy: (looks at Kirsten) did you have an affair with him

Kirsten: you don't get it do you

(Sandy looks at her, Kirsten looks at him and then walks out of the kitchen)

Sandy: no...

(we hear the sound of a door slamming)

CUT TO: Atomic County's launch - we see Reed and Zach sitting behind a table together, and Seth is standing up with a microphone holding a copy of Atomic County. there is people sitting in front of them, listening

Seth: an then the demonic water polo player throws his plasma ball at Kid Chino an The Ironist, shouting, welcome - to - Atomic - County - Bitch (Zach looks bored) then in the next panel here (Reed looks at Seth) Kid Chino catches it, he catches it an he-

Reed: (claps and stands) thankyou Seth that was wonderful

Seth: I wasn't finished

Reed: (covers the mic) you know you read for an hour an you described every panel (touches Seth's back) you're finished

Seth: ok

Reed: right (claps, the audience claps with her) that's right Seth, poet

(Seth sits next to Zach and picks up a bottle of water)

Zach: (grabs the bottle) that's my water

Seth: whatever, I'm thirsty

Zach: (frowns) yeah because you went on about forty five minutes to long

(the audience watches them argue over the bottle of water)

Seth: you know why don't you just get a hair cut (pulls the bottle) ok I think everyone's a little sick of the Shaun Cassidy thing

Zach: (pulls on the bottle) why don't you-

Reed: guys, as I was saying (Seth lets go of the water) on behalf of bad science we'd like to thankyou all for coming to the launch of Atomic County (Seth looks at Zach, who is drinking the water) we have one final suprise, after getting your copy signed you will get a photo with a real life member of Atomic County, I give you Little - Miss - Vixen (points sexily)

(the audience looks eagerly toward the platform. Seth looks over as well. we hear the sound of a whip being cracked and we see a pair of black boots walk up onto the platform, we hear photos being taken and clapping from the audience. the camera pans up to show the whole outfit. Summer is in pink fishnet stockings, black shorts and a black singlet with pink sections. she is also wearing a black mask over her eyes and holding a whip in her hand. we see Zach and Seth staring at Summer. we see more of the audience clapping excitedly, and flash's from cameras. Summer is loving it, she smiles at the audience. a guy winks at her. Leon from earlier is also there. we see more of Summer holding the whip)

Seth: (staring at Summer) nice whip

Zach: (also staring) yeah

CUT TO: The Arches - Julie walks in ready to have dinner with Caleb

M: ah Mrs. Nichol (takes Julies hand) you look beautiful tonight

Julie: (flattered) thankyou (smiles)

M: is Mr. Nichol with you

Julie: uh no, he got held up at the office so he asked me to meet him here, typical

(the guy and Julie laugh. a woman walks up behind Julie, holding an envelope)

W: Julie Cooper-Nichol

Julie: yes (turns around)

W: (holds up a pen and the envelope) this is for you

Julie: oh

W: please sign to show that you received them

Julie: (signs) what is it (smiles)

W: I wouldn't know ma'm

(the woman hands the envelope to Julie and Julie smiles and takes it. she looks at the envelope and then opens it, smiling)

Julie: uh-hm (reads)

(Julies smile goes an she has her mouth open in shock)

CUT TO: The Newport Group office - Julie walks into Caleb's office, holding the blue piece of paper she just received. Caleb is sitting at his desk

Julie: you're divorcing me!

Caleb: (looks up) Julie

Julie: (throws the piece of paper on the desk) you son of a bitch! did you have fun watching me scramble around trying to save this marriage while you met with lawyers, did you enjoy it

Caleb: don't be ridiculous

Julie: ok, fine you want out you got it, but let me tell you something (points) I am going to make you pay, pre nup or no pre nup Ill bleed you dry you won't have a po-

(Caleb puts the pictures from earlier down in front of her. Julie stares at them, stunned)

Caleb: you'll have'ta explain these first (stands)

(Julie looks through the photos)

Julie: ...you had me followed

Caleb: (pours himself a drink) you have ben monitored to one degree or another since before we were married...the affair ya had with your former husband...the tryst last year with that high schooler Luke (frowns)

Julie: (looks at Caleb) oh my god

Caleb: I mean, your daughter's boyfriend, what will people think (drinks)

Julie: (dazed) ex boyfriend

Caleb: despite all of this I was willing to give us a chance (points to the photos) until that

Julie: (upset) but nothing happened this was jus-

Caleb: (cold) oh stop it Julie (Julie looks at him) I don't have the stomach for it anymore, I've gotten a hotel room, you have a week to find somewhere else to live...then I want you and your daughter gone (hands Julie the divorce papers) now get outta my office

(Julie takes the paper and starts to walk away. Caleb sits back down at his desk)

Caleb: oh by the way (Julie stops) ...your fired!

CUT TO: Atomic County's launch - we see Summer/Little Miss Vixen posing on the platform for a photo with Leon, then we see Zach signing a copy of Atomic County for someone. and then somebody else getting their photo taken with Summer. Seth's hands poke through the curtain from backstage and grab Summer around the waist, he pulls her to him

Summer: wait, ow (takes off her mask) Cohen, what are you doing

Seth: please Summer I need to talk to you, ok

Summer: can't you see I'm working

Seth: listen, I'm sorry about what happened in Miami ok I jus I promise you it'll never happen again

Summer: (nods) ok, that you'll never go on TV an eat whipped cream off a naked girl again (raises eyebrows) that's reassuring

Seth: (gets down on his knees) look, Summer, I'm an ass ok I know that an I know I don't deserve another sh*t (takes Summers hand) (sincerely) but I love you (Summer looks at him, her expression softens) an I think you love me too, please

(before Summer can say anything Zach walks through the curtain and sees them)

Zach: I knew it

Seth: (stands) Zach not now (to Summer) ok Summer you were about to say something

Zach: Summer don't listen to him

(Summer looks from Seth to Zach, over whelmed)

Seth: hey (touches Zach) I'm not gonna tell ya again buddy

Zach: (frowns) or what (pushes Seth)

Seth: or...I, you'll...see (pushes Zach)

Summer: come on you guys don't

Reed: I'm sorry I jus-

(Reed comes in and accidentally knocks Zach onto Seth. Summer gasps)

Reed: oh, guys, guys (yells) guys, stop

(Seth and Zach get tangled up in the curtain and end up ripping it down, and then falling onto the display stands and things. the audience backs away as Zach and Seth roll around on the floor, still inside the curtain. Reed has her hands over her face, and Summer looks worried)

Zach: ow

Seth: Zach stop punching me

Zach: biting me

Seth: that's my eye

(the audience is still watching)

Zach: stop it

Seth: no

Zach: (yells) stop pulling my hair

(Summer runs over to try and break them up)

Summer: you guys (bends down and yells) stop it

(Seth gets up and head butts Summer with the back of his head, in her face accidentally)

Summer: ahhh (holds her face) god

Seth: (concerned) Summer ? I'm sorry, hey hey hey you alright, is it bleeding, can I see

(Zach comes up behind Seth and hits him across the back of the head with The Ironists cardboard cut out. Summer screams again)

Reed: everybody the reading is over, thankyou for coming

Summer: (still holding her face) what the

Zach: (to Summer) let me explain

Summer: explain oh

(Seth jumps on Zach's back and grabs him around the head)

Seth: explain this

Zach: (tries to get Seth off of himself) ahhhh

Seth: explain this (still holding Zach's head)

Zach: come here

(Summer is still standing there watching in disbelief, holding her face. the next thing with see is Zach near to the floor and Seth with his legs either side of him)

Seth: huh, huh

(the audience is still watching them)

Seth: that's right, go down (still holding onto Zach's head) come here (clenches his teeth)

(Zach, with Seth still on his back spins around and ends up crashing into another display)

Seth: whooooa (lands on his feet)

(Reed watches them in disbelief. Seth and Zach end up on the floor and Seth jumps on top of Zach. Summer is now pinching her nose to stop it from bleeding. we see Seth still on top of Zach. Summer cracks her whip at them)

Summer: stop it!

(Summer holds the whip and Zach and Seth lift their heads to look at her, and then sit up)

Summer: god what is wrong with you two, seriously what is wrong with you

Seth: Summer look (out of breath) you jus have'ta choose ok, once an for all

Zach: (looks at Summer) he's right, you have'ta choose

Summer: fine, you know what I choose neither!

(Summer leaves and Seth and Zach are sitting on the floor, Reed walks over)

Zach: oh hey-

Reed: I don't wanna hear it (puts up a finger) jus clean it up, now

(Reed leaves)

CUT TO: The pool house - Ryan is on the phone

Ryan: (eyes closed) Marissa hey its me again listen uh (sighs) call me back, please (opens his eyes) jus tell me what's goin on

(Ryan sighs and hangs up. Sandy comes to the door